- bean threads
- wood ear mushrooms/shitake/something brownish
- taro/cabbage/jicama/carrot (?)
- green onion
- corn starch
- shrimp paste/fish flakes (optional)
- oil for deep frying
Use approximately 1:1:1 ratio of meat, onions, and bean threads. Precook meat, chop up all the first stuff, season. Roll in wrappers, fry until crispy.
- Roll tightly to avoid giant bubbles forming in skins.
- For temperature: too low, they come out floppy; too high they burn/get excessively brown.
- Use fishy sauce for dipping.