Holes/log dump

From Zaori

All logs, by session. Mostly.

Session 0

Frezak (GM): Hokay.
Frezak (GM) waves.
Apheori (GM): This thing is daft.
Frezak (GM): Daft?
How?
rolling 1D8r+1D6+7
(
4
)
+
(
4
)
+7
=
15
Apheori (GM): You said stuff and it put it off the screen instead of scrolling down to it. >.<
What's the icon?
Frezak (GM): I dragged a Kobold.
Because all maps are better with Kobolds.
Apheori (GM): How are we supposed to know it's kobold?
Frezak (GM): there.
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
How are you supposed to move the camera?
Frezak (GM): Rick-click+drag.
with the hand toool.
Kobold Horde: BEHOLD.
Frezak (GM): So.
The tools.
Apheori (GM): What's the comb tool?
Frezak (GM): it's a ruler.
Apheori (GM): This UX is awful.
Frezak (GM): What?
Apheori (GM): Design. Stuff.
Frezak (GM): Don't knock it, lady.
It's free.
Apheori (GM): Pfft, mediawiki is free, but at least we LABEL things...
Frezak (GM): So that was the initiative tracker.
Apheori (GM): What was?
Frezak (GM): You can right-click tokens to add them.
The popup there.
The clock button.
the gear button can sort them once all the initiatives are typed in.
The arrow moves it 1 along.
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Frezak (GM): On a token, one click gives 3 bubbles and 2 buttons.
The bubbles can be edited from the main view.
Or.
If you click the popup gear icon.
You get fun options.
The other button adds markers to track effects and shizzle.
Apheori (GM): I have no idea what this means.
Frezak (GM): Okay, the edit screen for a token.
Represents Character means you can bind a token to a Journal character.
I have made the Kobold Horde in the Journal.
That's the... third icon above the chatbox.
By changing one token to be bound to the Kobold horde character, I change it's name.
Apheori (GM): Well, those have labels, at least.
They got about everything else wrong, though...
Argh.
So...
It moved.
Frezak (GM): I dragged it.
WHen you drag a token, it looks like it slides for everyone else.
SO they can see how it moved.
Kelly (GM): Cool.
Frezak (GM): You can do all kinds of stuff with the token buttons.
if you have a token that represents a character, you can go to a journal entry and click Edit and bind the token to the entry.
SO dragging the name from the Journal would reproduce the token.
Great for placing players on a new map.
Kelly (GM): How do you make tokens?
How are players...
Er...
Frezak (GM): Two ways.
Either you drag a picture from your machine onto the map.
Or you go to the second button above the chat and search for a token.
Kelly (GM): To chrome? Not bloody likely that that'd work...
Frezak (GM): WELL TRY.
Kelly (GM): WELL EXCUSE ME.
Frezak (GM): NO.
Escusage isn't a thing I do.
Kelly (GM): What's the egg on the horde?
Frezak (GM): It's a ninja head I think.
I just pressed the dot popup on the token dropdown and added it.
It's for tracking states and effects easily.
Kelly (GM): Huh.
Frezak (GM): The box Button on the side menu is... well, fairly self-explanatory.
Layers.
In any layer, can't mess with the others.
Kelly (GM): There. Twilight character.
Frezak (GM): So you don't accidentally start shifting pieces of background.
Frezak (GM) sighs.
the skies sob.
Kelly (GM): Totally.
I lack good icons.
Can I use blobs for everything?
Frezak (GM): You /could/
You sure you can't drag things onto the map?
Kelly (GM): It seemed to work?
Except it's really slow because it's all on another computer because my harddrive failed.
Frezak (GM): This is a bunny.
Kelly (GM): It doesn't support svgs.
Apparently.
Frezak (GM): Whatever that is.
Kelly (GM): A fairly standard format for icons and other simple designs.
Frezak (GM): Well, you can use the inbuilt image search.
Rick-cliking on things can let you do the copypasta stuff and flip them between layers.
Kelly (GM): Er.
Frezak (GM): What?
Kelly (GM): It's slow.
Interesting.
Okay.
Sure I can't just use blobs?
>.>
Frezak (GM): Ehhhh.
You /could/.
Might get a bit boring after a bit >.>
But that's up to you.
The next thing is more D&D related.
Encounter building, specifically.
Kelly (GM) panics.
Frezak (GM): STOP PANICKING.
Kelly (GM): Also, ghah, why does this thing expect me to CLICK on it to do stuff?
Frezak (GM): Gan will give you a thing.
Kelly (GM): What the hell is wrong with it?!
Kelly (GM) panics some more.
Kelly (GM): Thing?
Frezak (GM): Thing.
The Dungeon Master's Guide.
It has tables and list and help.
Kelly (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): You'll be wanting the Monster Manuals eventually.
For monsters.
Right now, we want to look at page.... uhh
57.
Kelly (GM): Dude, it's still downloading.
Okay.
Frezak (GM): Okay, so.
There are... 4 types of monster.
And I think 5 'classes'
Minions.
Standard.
Elite.
Frezak (GM): Solo.
Minions are cheap (XP wise) and only have 1 HP.
Elites are tougher than standard monsters, and Solos can take on a whole party by themselves.
Of course, the tougher the monster, the more XP it's worth.
Kelly (GM): Right.
Frezak (GM): When you're building an encounter, keep XP values in mind as that's the real thing that determines how many beasties of what kind.
Monsters can be... soldiers, skirmishers, controllers, brutes and Lurkers.
It's a guideline on what they do in a fight.
You'll want to see that you have monsters that work together.
Like building a deck.
I have some example monsters here.
Frezak (GM): Encounter level 1 for 4 players is 400 XP.
I have... A level 1 brute worth 100 XP. an L1 minion skirmisher for 25 and an L2 artillery for 125.
(artillery. Knew there was a monster class I missed)
Ya'll want to keep things varied.
So just spamming minions won't do, since a few AOE powers will clear them out in no time.
Kelly (GM): Oh, there will be a room full of fanged hams.
Frezak (GM): So i'll go for... 1 L2 artillery. 2 L1 brutes. And fill the rest with minions.
THis is for general encounters.
Kelly (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): You're totally free to make things up.
LIke, have a room where monsters pop out of holes every turn.
Kelly (GM): Sounds plausible.
Frezak (GM): ANd the party has to cross the room and close the door or be eaten.
FOr that, you're not using normal encounter design.
Page 42 will also be very helpful.
As a DM, it's the best page.
You'll be using that if someone pushes someone else into a brazier, or traps them under a falling pillar.
Or drops a chandelier on someone.
Kelly (GM): Is there a skill for grabbing?
Frezak (GM): yes.
Yes there is.
The Gnoll is built on it.
DO you have the Player's Handbook?
Kelly (GM): Nope.
Frezak (GM): GRAB: STANDARD ACTION
✦ Target: You can attempt to grab a creature that is
smaller than you, the same size category as you, or
one category larger than you. The creature must be
within your melee reach (don’t count extra reach
from a weapon).
Frezak (GM): ✦ Strength Attack: Make a Strength attack vs. Reflex.
Do not add any weapon modifiers. You must have at
least one hand free to make a grab attempt.
Hit: The enemy is immobilized until it escapes
or you end the grab. Your enemy can attempt to
escape on its turn.
Frezak (GM): ✦ Sustaining a Grab: You sustain a grab as a minor
action. You can end a grab as a free action.
✦ Effects that End a Grab: If you are affected by a
condition that prevents you from taking opportunity
actions (such as dazed, stunned, surprised, or unconscious),
you immediately let go of a grabbed enemy.
Frezak (GM): If you move away from the creature you’re grabbing,
you let go and the grab ends. If a pull, a push, or a
slide moves you or the creature you’re grabbing out
of your reach, the grab ends.
Kelly (GM): Fancy.
Frezak (GM): And there's a roll to drag people you're grabbing, too.
LIke drag them and push them off a cliff.
We made up rules for picking people and hurling them.
The Gnoll picked up a giant bug and threw it into an acidic ooze monster last session.
Kelly (GM): Neat.
And oh dear.
Frezak (GM): Oh dear what?
Kelly (GM): This is scary.
A lot to deal with.
A lot of stuff.
Frezak (GM): It's a lot simpler and faster once you've dealt with it a bit.
This is what a monster stat block looks like.
You can always reflavour how they do things and totally ignore powers if you want.
Kelly (GM): What's shifting?
Frezak (GM): Hokay.
Two main types of move you'll see in the game.
First one is a straight move.
You move you speed (Six for just about everything)
But moving away or around an enemy with a simple move will give them a free stab as you go past.
A shift is you moving just 1 square, but not provoking Opportunity Attacks.
Frezak (GM): It's moving carefully while keeping your guard up.
Kelly (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): Normally difficult terrain costs 2 squares of movement.
To move into.
And since a shift is 1 square, you cant shift into a square of difficult terrain.
Except this dude.
Kelly (GM): Elfy.
Frezak (GM): Two types of Immediate actions.
Both can't be used on the creature's turn, or more than once a round.
Reactions happen after attacks are resolved, interrupts before.
So 'Not So Close' doesn't let them evade attacks.
But would let the archer not be in melee on their turn, so able to move instead of shift and try and find a better spot.
Kelly (GM): In melee?
Frezak (GM): Yeah, in melee range of a guy. touching on the grid.
Because the other thing that can give people a chance at an Opportunity Attack (OA) is making a ranged attack while someone is within melee range.
So if the archer tries to shoot with a fighter next to him, the guy can swing at the elf.
Same with PCs.
If the Artificer tries to cast a spell while a goblin is next to him, he's risking stabbination.
Unless he shifts first, in which case the goblin can just move 1 next turn and stab again.
Kelly (GM): And if he runs away like normal, that also risks stabination?
Frezak (GM): If he walks away, yes.
Every turn, you have a Standard action, a move action and a Minor action to use.
Any of these can be 'devolved' into the next one.
Kelly (GM): What?
Frezak (GM): So if the caster REALLY wants to get away, he can shift and then use his standard action to move again instead of attacking.
Standard>move>minor.
Kelly (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): So, you can use your standard to attack or use most powers.
But you can also charge.
WHich means you use a standard to give you a move in a straight line and an attack, both part of the standard action.
So you could move 6, then charge to move up to another 6 AND attack.
Making it tough to get out of melee range for most characters.
Kelly (GM): Eeek.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
But there are a lot of things to help with that.
For instance, My guy can create a zone that mean that people leaving it are knocked prone.
Being prone means you have to spend a move action just to stand up.
ANd there are some powers that give you shifts as part of attacks.
Like the Ranger Nimble Strike power lets you attack, and shift before or after the attack.
Frezak (GM): Leaving your move action intact.
And there are power to deny shifts and whatever, but generally, once a melee guy is laying into someone, he's gonna be tough to shake off.
DMs will like to have someone harrying the flimsy casters.
Kelly (GM): Kill them back, then.
Harry everyone!
Frezak (GM): Keeping them on the run and denying them positioning.
So.
I'll find a few monsters and set up an encounter for next time.
Let you have a look at the things and what they do.
Kelly (GM): Fun.
I hope.
The Gravedigger: Tessting
Frezak (GM): Hokay, tap the little blue page picture. And go to the other map.
Kelly (GM): Whoaaah.
Frezak (GM): tadaaa
With the monsters for easy reference.
Though they're in map layer, since GM layer makes them semi-transparent.
I can send you the monster blocks seperately if you want.
Also, if you drag one of the player names from the Journal, i'tll pop a fresh token.
That refers the HP listed in the journal entry.
Kelly (GM): What monster blocks?
Are they somewhere?
Frezak (GM): Far right of the map.
Kelly (GM): I see nothing.
Frezak (GM): That's odd.
Five squares past the archer?
Off the pretty map?
Kelly (GM): Just white.
Frezak (GM): Bugger.
I'll email them to you, then.
Kelly (GM): Shovel.
Frezak (GM): Do you see the thing now?
Kelly (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): Any of it not make sense? >.>
Kelly (GM): A missed attack never damages a minion? What does that mean?
Frezak (GM): Some powers have a thing where they deal damage even if they miss.
What this means is that effect doesn't count on minions.
Kelly (GM): Ah.
Like a fireball, or like something slightly more... nuanced?
Frezak (GM): Sort of.
Most daily powers have a miss:half damage thing on them so they're not totally wasted if you rolled poorly.
Kelly (GM): Huh.
WHOOOOO GAME STUFF.
Frezak (GM): Check yer token permissions, Gan-of-Gans.
Ganelon: All good.
Frezak (GM): brill.
Ganelon: Except you should probably stick to his first name so it doesn't cover too much space.
Frezak (GM): done;
Kelly (GM): How tall is the gravedigger?
Ganelon: Things worth knowing about R20:
Gigantic player name icons are annoying. Fix them by going to the top-right and clicking on the gear tab.
Frezak (GM): I'm... Whatever the higest I can be.
Kelly (GM): o_O
Ganelon: Set them to names only. In the same menu you can also give yourself a nickname in the campaign.
Frezak (GM): or just remove the names on tokens.
Actually.
Since we know who is who.
damn, that sliding looks so fancy.
Ganelon: How are you doing that?
Apheori (GM): What's the green number?
Frezak (GM): Action points.
Ganelon: Number of action points.
Frezak (GM): You gain 1 ever two encounters.
Apheori (GM): That are those? >.<
Can I hijack people's characters?
Frezak (GM): You can spend one a turn to get an extra standard action.
Yes, you can.
Ganelon: Probably.
Apheori (GM): Eeexcellent.
Radek: I AM OLD AND THE GRAVEDIGGER IS GREAT.
Ganelon: Yeah, there you go.
Radek: AND I SMELL LIKE POO.
I LIKE POSICLES.
Apheori (GM): >.<
Frezak (GM): That sort of thing.
Get awkward when you hikack by accident.
The Gravedigger hits Radek with a shovel.
Apheori (GM): So how do you do it intentionally properly?
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Like that.
Apheori (GM): Like, I mean, without it being weird?
Frezak (GM): How do you do things intentionally? >.>
Apheori (GM): Maaagic.
Ganelon: You just use the slider below the chat to change who you're sending messages as.
THE EARTH IS HUNGRY
Apheori (GM): I mean, when would it be appropriate to do it?
Frezak (GM): Eh.
Ganelon: When you're speaking in-character, of course.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna keep thinking that Radek is a dwarf.
Ganelon: I can't see other peoples' health bars, by the way.
Presumably they exist.
Frezak (GM): oh, right.
Apheori (GM): I can't see the goblin ones.
Ganelon: You probably should be able to, though the players shouldn't.
Frezak (GM): The goblins don't because they are minions.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Neat!
Frezak (GM): For the monsters, red value is HP, green is bloodied value and blue number is XP (for when I was setting them up)
You see HP bars now, Gan?
Ganelon: Yeah.
Frezak (GM): delicious.
Okay, so when we run this.
Cover.
The rocks and deep foliage provide cover.
Apheori (GM): Cover?
Frezak (GM): Which is -2 to hit people behind it.
So Radek shooting the closest fire beetle would have -2 to hit.
Also, enemies provide cover for each other.
So here the goblin is providing cover for the archer.
Ganelon: The toolbar on the top left is pretty cool.
Apheori (GM): Where do I get backgrounds for the maps?
Ganelon: I typically use freehand to show how I'm moving.
Frezak (GM): Use the image search, or look for 'em yourself.
This is the Bandit Road.
Because bandits.
Ganelon: You could also do what I do and just draw them using the tools here.
Apheori (GM): Is there anywhere you might suggest looking?
Frezak (GM): >.>
Apheori (GM): For... like... oh, bugger.
Frezak (GM): You can always make them yerself.
Apheori (GM): I've never seen anything like what I'd want in my life.
Ganelon: I mean, the most I can really do with lines is draw walls and other things of notable import.
Apheori (GM): Don't have a tablet.
Ganelon: Oh, you don't need a tablet.
Frezak (GM): I don't mean draw.
I mean put tiles and things together.
Ganelon: Like, here.
Apheori (GM): ...tiles?
Frezak (GM): um
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Huh.
Ganelon: This is how I do it.
Frezak tends to have images for floors and stuff which he arranges instead.
Frezak (GM): BEAR SOUP GUY.
Apheori (GM): Greetings, bear soup guy.
Bear Soup Guy: Right
Ganelon: Either method works fine. Usually you're going to have to describe what the players are looking at no matter what.
Bear Soup Guy: Hello
Frezak (GM): You might want to kill flash.
Or disable video stuffs in the config.
Apheori (GM): Dammit, it WAS Atascht!
Ghaaaah.
Ganelon: Yes.
Go to the top right of the window.
Gear icon.
Scroll down until you get to the video part and set them to neither broadcast nor receive.
"Names Only" also helps.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: AGH IT WENT AWAY
Apheori (GM): So can you fit four people into a five-foot square room?
Frezak (GM): I don't think so.
Ganelon: No, 5 ft is one square here.
Frezak (GM): Unless they're squeezing?
Apheori (GM): But they fit just fine in reality.
Ganelon: 5ft is the space that a creature can at least choose to occupy.
And allies aren't supposed to sit on the same square. Plus it just makes things really hard to follow.
Frezak (GM): Mostly that.
Apheori (GM): But what if it's important?
What if everyone needs to fit in a closet?
Ganelon: Then we're probably not fighting.
And it's okay.
Frezak (GM): That.
Apheori (GM): Good point.
Ganelon: I'm not aiming a high tech rifle while sharing a 5ft space with three other people.
The Gravedigger: YOU WANT A POINT? I HAVE A SHOVEL. SORRY. IT'S ALL I HAVE.
Frezak (GM): My shovel would get in the way.
And I am not a small dude;
Apheori (GM): What is it, a snow shovel?
How small are you?
Tell me.
Frezak (GM): A dirt shovel.
Apheori (GM): Those have points.
Frezak (GM): About... 7ft?
You're thinking of spades.
Apheori (GM): Oh, that all?
Ganelon: Is that short for an elf?
Frezak (GM): A unagi or whatever I am. Unaci?
Apheori (GM): Not short, but not necessarily that tall, either.
Frezak (GM): I am very brawny.
Apheori (GM): I should figure out what those purple elves were.
Ganelon: I mean, Lhoryn's an abnormally large gnoll and he's 8'1".
Apheori (GM): There's a chance one of you is supposed to be purple.
Frezak (GM): I hope I'm not purple.
I'd look silly.
Apheori (GM): You might be.
Frezak (GM): *gasp*
Apheori (GM): But I don't think so.
I think those were... something else.
I don't know.
Ganelon: If you need someone to be purple, I can edit the image.
Apheori (GM): Point is the purple ones were 7' tall on average.
And they and others get taller.
But I don't know.
Things will be weird enough as it is.
Frezak (GM): What, are they all stick insects?
Apheori (GM): No, just large.
It's the large fat ones you need to watch out for.
Apheori (GM) hopes Gravy isn't one of those.
Frezak (GM): I'm not fat?
I work.
For a living.
Apheori (GM): Good.
Frezak (GM): With muscles.
And posing.
Apheori (GM): Hey, you could be fat and muscley. Some are. >.<
Frezak (GM): Artistic Ihumation.
*inhumation.
Apheori (GM): Well, anyhow, are you huge or not?
Frezak (GM): What's 'huge' ?
Apheori (GM): Although...
More than 8 feet tall.
Ganelon: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Andre_in_the_late_%2780s.jpg
For reference, this is 7'4".
Frezak (GM): I'm a coke machine with limbs.
Apheori (GM): He's human.
Ganelon: And this guy weighed over 500 lb.
Apheori (GM): Pfft.
Frezak (GM): Andre the Giant!
The French dude.
Unless he was Corsican.
Ganelon: Yes, him.
Apheori (GM): Okay, it's unusual for elves, even uneca, to be over 8 feet tall.
Bear Soup Guy: Giants are, by definition, quite large!
Apheori (GM): They're probably largest.
Frezak (GM): NO SHIT.
Apheori (GM): The purple ones were probably a subspecies or something.
Bear Soup Guy: I'd just like to point out that my token looks super mystical and awesome
That is the end of that observation
Frezak (GM): Good.
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): I can always poke it if you want.
Ganelon: Radek looks suitably tired, though not of people's nonsense.
Frezak (GM): He will be.
He will be.
Ganelon: Oh, I'm sure, but the token looks more like typical old-man tiredness.
Apheori (GM): Gravy looks alarmingly like an uneca.
Frezak (GM): I'm actually using a Tiefling token.
Picture.
THing.
Apheori (GM): No wonder.
Frezak (GM): Have you read the chat log, Bear Soup Guy?
It has some rules that could be useful to know.
Apheori (GM): Oh gods rules...
Apheori (GM) cowers.
Ganelon: The slider below this chat box lets you speak as your character, for instance.
Bear Soup Guy: I did see that, that's pretty cool
Were there other important rules?
Ganelon: Probably.
Frezak (GM): Moving.
Actions.
THough I can recap if you want.
Opportunity Attacks.
Charging!
I will do a lot of charging.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear
I'll read the thing
The Gravedigger waves his shovel menacingly
The Gravedigger: COME AT ME BROS
the beetle remains unfazed.
The Gravedigger: COME FORTH AND BE BURIED.
Greibel: WOO MOVEMENT
Frezak (GM): I can actually make people come to be buried.
Greibel: Woah man, I just got a head change
It's crazy, bro.
Ganelon: So we're armed with handguns, right?
Frezak (GM): I will tape mine to my shovel.
Ganelon: I'm just making a note of it for inventory purposes, as always.
Bear Soup Guy: Are these attributes and abilities...accurate?
Ganelon: Most likely no.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh okay
Ganelon: Unless Frezak spent a long time setting them up for you.
Bear Soup Guy: Is my character sheet somewhere?
Ganelon: I'll have to send it to you.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, thankie
Frezak (GM): Your HP and surges are accurate, as far as I know.
Ganelon: Yes, they should be.
Apheori (GM): How do you say things as non characters?
Ganelon: You're doing it right now.
Unless you mean as NPCs, in which case you need to make a character (as far as R20 is concerned) and put in their name.
As the DM you can speak as anyone, so just speak as that name and you're set.
Kobold Horde: Like us.
Bear Soup Guy: Woooo, scary
Kobold Horde: Totes.
Frezak (GM):
(To GM) rolling 1D8r+4+1D6
(
3
)
+4+
(
5
)
=
12
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D8r+4+1D6
(
5
)
+4+
(
6
)
=
15
Bear Soup Guy: Woohoo character sheet!
Ganelon: I recommend for the sake of your own convenience that you mess with the journal for your character here in R20.
You should be able to see mine, so go take a look at it and see what I've done.
It's a much more convenient way to track what you're lugging around, especially money.
To my understanding, right now we have nothing resembling currency.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie dokie
Ganelon: I wrote down stuff for ammunition but that's probably never going to be releveant.
Relevant, even.
So, are we going to explain combat or is this just setting R20 up today?
Bear Soup Guy: I guess everybody went to refill their magic...
Ganelon: Actually I'm testing something out. Let's see if it works.
[Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
16
)
+3+5+0
=
24
Yeah, it works.
Bear Soup Guy: How do those work?
Ganelon: If you go edit your character in the journal you can make macros.
So I've added attributes (that are relevant to my attacks) and set up a macro to make those attack rolls using them.
Next I'm going to add ability rolls, assuming they hit.
So, stuff like the damage and automated descriptions of their effects.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, right on
Ganelon: They're actually really easy to do.
Just gives you a box and everything you put in it comes out in the chat, so you can have it say something, roll dice, and use attributes as variables by hitting "@".
Bear Soup Guy: okie dokie
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
1
)
+5+0
=
6
Bear Soup Guy: Sexy
Apheori (GM): Sorry, had to make a pie.
Ganelon: [Aggravating Force]
rolling 1d10+5+0
(
2
)
+5+0
=
7
The next ally to attack the target before EONT gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.
Apheori (GM): How did whoever it was have the world do something?
Ganelon: All working out quite nicely, yes.
Apheori (GM): It was like THE WORLD...
Ganelon: Try /desc.
Apheori (GM): Ghuh.
Oh, how cute... I named this thing 'holes' and we've got a guy who really likes digging holes...
Ganelon: [Thundering Armor]
Primary target gets a +1 power bonus to AC until EONT.
rolling 1d8+5+0
(
1
)
+5+0
=
6
Push the secondary target 1 square away from the primary target.
Apheori (GM): So I'm playing all the npcs? Is that how it works?
Ganelon: Yes. Both the ones who want us dead and the ones who do not.
Apheori (GM): Do npcs have to roll?
Ganelon: Out of combat? Rarely if ever.
In combat? As much as players.
Apheori (GM): Mmkay.
Ganelon: If you're having NPCs roll out of combat it's usually if they're trying to sneak past us or lie to us.
In which case, try /gmroll so that only you can see it.
Apheori (GM): Can I be lazy and just use dice?
Ganelon: Also totally acceptable, yes.
Apheori (GM): How do you use these?
Ganelon: What, roll on this site?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d12
(
10
)
=
10
rolling 1d10
(
9
)
=
9
rolling 1d8
(
1
)
=
1
Whaaah.
Ganelon: You can just type /roll 1d12.
That also lets you add them together, ie: /roll 1d6+2d8+4.
rolling 1d6+2d8+4
(
5
)
+
(
2
+
8
)
+4
=
19
Apheori (GM): Ah.
rolling 1d6 +4 > 5
(
1
)
+4
=
5
So I think everyone's going to want you dead.
Do I need a reason why?
Ganelon: Not confident about your ability to play a wide host of characters?
Apheori (GM): Well...
Ganelon: [Ethereal Chill]
rolling 1d8+5+0
(
3
)
+5+0
=
8
Until EONT, any enemy that attacks the primary target takes 2 damage.
Apheori (GM): I'm not good with details.
Ganelon: [Thundering Armor]
Primary target gets a +1 power bonus to AC until EONT.
rolling 1d8+5+0
(
6
)
+5+0
=
11
Push the secondary target 1 square away from the primary target.
Whoops, that was accidental.
rolling 1d6 test
(
2
)
=
2
Ganelon: I can't help you there, I'm afraid.
Apheori (GM): Merp.
Ganelon: [Aggravating Force]
7 Force damage.
The next ally to attack the target before EONT gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.
Perfection.
23 Acid damage.
The target takes a -2 penalty to AC until EONT
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D10+0+0+4
(
8
)
+0+0+4
=
12
Melee 2. Pull 1
[Axe attack]
rolling 1D20+4+0+2
(
20
)
+4+0+2
=
26
[Roots Of Stone]
Burst 1.
Frezak (GM): Effect: Zone until EOYNT
Hit: /r 1D10+0+0+4 , targets leaving the zone are knocked prone and take 4
[Roots Of Stone]
Burst 1.
Effect: Zone until EOYNT
rolling 1D10+0+0+4 , targets leaving the zone are knocked prone and take 4
(
9
)
+0+0+4
=
13
Frezak (GM): [Roots Of Stone]
Burst 1.
Effect: Zone until EOYNT
rolling 1D10+0+0+4
(
10
)
+0+0+4
=
14
Targets leaving the zone are knocked prone and take 4
[Axe attack]
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4+0+2+0
(
15
)
+4+0+2+0
=
21
[Mountain-Thunder-Attack]
Close burst 1.
rolling 1D10+0+0+4
(
6
)
+0+0+4
=
10
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Each marked enemy takes 4
Frezak (GM): [Gore]
Charge Attack or Opportunity attack.
rolling 1D20+4+0+4
(
4
)
+4+0+4
=
12
Hit: /r 1D6+4 and target is prone.
[Gore]
Charge Attack or Opportunity attack.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4+0+4
(
18
)
+4+0+4
=
26
Hit:
rolling 1D6+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
and target is prone.
[Axe attack]
7
Frezak (GM): [Gore]
Charge Attack or Opportunity attack VS AC
19
Hit:
8
and target is prone.
Frezak (GM): [Strength of Stone]
#Axe-Attack
VS AC
13
Gain 4 THP.
[Strength of Stone]
Frezak (GM): #Axe-attack
VS AC
10
Gain 4 THP.
[Strength of Stone]
#{Axe-attack}
Frezak (GM): VS AC
12
Gain 4 THP.
[Strength of Stone]
#Axe attack
VS AC
Frezak (GM): 7
Gain 4 THP.
[Strength of Stone]
#Axe-attack
VS AC
12
Frezak (GM): Gain 4 THP.
[Strength of Stone]
#Axe
VS AC
14
Gain 4 THP.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 0
(
14
)
+0
=
14
rolling 1d20 + 0
(
11
)
+0
=
11
4
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
12
)
+3
=
15
19
13
Frezak (GM): 17 for beetle
Apheori (GM): Giggly plank.
Frezak (GM): The Dreaded Giggly Plank of Tor Bibble.
Kobold Horde claps
Kobold Horde dances
Kobold Horde is so great
Gaurav V.:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Frezak (GM): That better not be initiative.
Rhu: Oooh, fancy.
Frezak (GM): The fances are ON.
Rhu: I'm just rolling out the low numbers so I only roll high numbers when the game starts.
Ganelon: Is Apheori here?
Frezak (GM): If the big rolls don't appear until the end I will be sad.
Apheori (GM): I need to send an email.
Sorry.
Gaurav V.: Looks like the gang's all here!
Frezak (GM): All five of us.
And the DM.
Apheori (GM): There are six?
Frezak (GM): Brünhilde, my best shovel.
Apheori (GM): I... see.
Frezak (GM): SO.
Apheori (GM): YES.
Frezak (GM): First things is initiatives.
If you have real dice then you can just use those for this bit. because DM.
A D20+ you initiative modifier. (usually your dex mod)
On the monster blocks, it's top left.
20
I just rolled 20.
Frezak (GM): Because I'm great.
Once you've rolled our init you can put it next to your name in the tracker.
The box thingy >.>
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+2
(
13
)
+2
=
15
Apheori (GM): So do I roll for each npc thingy?
Frezak (GM): yup
I have a macro for that, though.
Apheori (GM): How?
Tell me.
Frezak (GM): um
Apheori (GM): TELL ME.
...what's a macro?
Are those like those weird things you define in C?
Note: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Frezak (GM): THings >.>
16
Apheori (GM): ...yes?
Frezak (GM): 3
4
4
11
18
Apheori (GM): What about their initiatives?
Frezak (GM): That is their initiatives.
It' just not showing roll details.
So that player don't know what the initiative modifier is for each monster.
Apheori (GM): Don't the characters need to add their modifiers, though?
Frezak (GM): Yep.
Ganelon: Uh, you do know that I can just mouse over these inline rolls to see their equation, right?
Frezak (GM): I did not.
That is nice to know.
Apheori (GM): Odd. The only die I couldn't find was the d6.
Gaurav: You can type "/roll 1d6" to roll a die in the chat window.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
So it doesn't matter.
It's just ironic since that's the die that's all common everywhere else.
BEAR SOUP GUY.
Frezak (GM): BEAR SOUP GUY
Gaurav: I have a d6 in my Dice Roller popup thingie.
Frezak (GM): I think she means real dice?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
My d4 is missing a chunk out of one of the corners.
I probably shouldn't use it.
Gaurav: ... you're rolling actual die? That's hard core.
Frezak (GM): I often use real dice.
It's fancier.
Also.
BEAR SOUP GUYYYYY
Apheori (GM): And faster.
BEAR SOUP GUY.
Well, faster for simples.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
There are graves on this map.
Apheori (GM): Is your guy going to dig them deeper?
Gaurav: Graves. What about the elf in the tree? I wasn't expecting an elf in a tree.
Frezak (GM): I may have to exhume the bodies to check the craftsmanship.
He's in a bush.
Squatting.
Elfily.
Apheori (GM): Buggrit, I need tea.
Gaurav: You check the craftsmanship, I'll check for any valuables buried with them.
Frezak (GM): Go make some. We're still waiting on Bear Soup Guy.
Bear Soup Guy: Huh?
Sorry, I went outside
Frezak (GM): YOU'RE BACK
I WAS SO WORRIED
THAT YOU HAD BEEN TAKEN BY OWLS.
Bear Soup Guy: I HAD TO GO OUTSIDE TO MAKE BEAR SOUP
Frezak (GM): THAT IS TOTALLY COMPREHENSIBLE AND EXCUSABLE.
Now please roll initiative.
Bear Soup Guy: How do I do that?
Frezak (GM): "/r1D20+ your initiative modifier.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
Apheori (GM): WHOOO I HAVE A D20.
Frezak (GM): SO DO I.
Bear Soup Guy: Apparently my initiative modifier is zero
Frezak (GM): MINE IS PRETTIER.
Apheori (GM): I just rolled a 1.
Frezak (GM): I can believe that.
Gaurav: My d20 is in Boulder :-/
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
Gaurav: It is also bright orange.
Apheori (GM): I've never used mine in a game.
Frezak (GM): Init is your dex mod usually.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh okay
Oh wait, but mine is Con because of Guardian isn't it?
Frezak (GM): Nope.
Ganelon: No, that's just for AC.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh okay, that's something else
Oh right
Frezak (GM): I SEE A WHORE.
Bear Soup Guy: Unrecognized command: /r1D20 + 11
Frezak (GM): space after the 'r'
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1D20 + 11
(
2
)
+11
=
13
You need a space.
Bear Soup Guy: AH
rolling 1D20+11
(
9
)
+11
=
20
Frezak (GM): +11?
Apheori (GM) smacks this thing for not recognising leading spaces.
Bear Soup Guy: WOOHOO
Frezak (GM): WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?
Bear Soup Guy: I am so lost
Dexterity is 11
Frezak (GM): Your dexterity modifier, not your dex.
The number to the right of it.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh the modifier
Okay, that's zero then
rolling 1D20+0
(
13
)
+0
=
13
Frezak (GM): Well, at least you beat Radek.
He's busy... snorting magic dust.
Or something.
Greibel: Hey, help a brother out with some of that dust.
Frezak (GM): IT BEGINS.
Also I begin.
Apheori (GM): Wait, so THAT's what the babylon 5 dust was?
...sorry.
Radek: Not on your life.
Greibel: So be it.
I'll just sit here with my bear soup
Frezak (GM): I will start with a move.
Ganelon: Frezak, your shovel is augmented.
Frezak (GM): It is?
Fuck yeah.
Ganelon: I say it is.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC SHOVEL, BITCHES.
Speed 6.
I think.
Ganelon: You know how that works, but I'll explain for these two.
One thing Radek can do between fights is augment weapons.
This means that when you attack with them, you can add +2 to the attack roll once, and then it stops being augmented.
So if you make a near-miss, you can turn that into a hit.
Greibel: Sexy
Frezak (GM): Free action to Mark anyone near me.
That means that they have -2 to attack people that are not me. And I can get a free poke at them if they try to.
Apheori (GM): So it's like a coating?
Ganelon: It's some kind of minor enhancement.
Frezak (GM): Little chained heart symbol to signify markage.
Ganelon: Likely magical.
Gaurav: ... did you just mark that bug with ... love?
Frezak (GM): I have marked his love.
With brambles.
Greibel: We're all one love man
Gaurav: haha
Frezak (GM): I will use Strength of Stone on him.
Ellemerr: I've a certain feeling this isn't the best time to be stalking. But screw that. Stalking!
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+6
(
4
)
+6
=
10
That... is a low number.
The bug has more AC than that.
So I have failed you guys.
Gaurav: The bug sniggers at you.
Frezak (GM): HAVE FUN WITH THE FIGHT GUYS.
Apheori (GM): The bug doesn't notice.
Frezak (GM): And, time for this goblin.
Apheori (GM): So I snigger at you.
SNIGGER.
Frezak (GM) is hurt.
Apheori (GM): Am I the goblin?
Frezak (GM): Emotionally.
You are the goblin.
Apheori (GM): What do I do?
(From Ellemerr): Out of curiosity, this should whisper the both of yeh?
Frezak (GM): You take a turn, like a player.
Standard action, move action, minor action.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: How do you whisper folks?
Ellemerr: Wit h/w
Apheori (GM): Yeah, but... what...
Ellemerr: And then a name
Frezak (GM): You can peek at the sheet to see what this dude can do.
WHich is very little.
Ellemerr: To whisper the gm(s), /w gm
Frezak (GM): He can poke or throw a javelin.
Ellemerr: To whisper me, /w Ellemerr
Apheori (GM): How do ranged distances work?
Frezak (GM): Range is number of squares.
If there are two ranges, like 10/20, means range 10 is normal, and anything from 11-20 has a -2 to hit. 21 is no-go.
Apheori (GM): So 10 is two squares?
Frezak (GM): 10 is 10 squares.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): Ya can use the ruler, too.
Ellemerr: But one square is... some lenght. Hell if I remember the number.
Apheori (GM): So I can have it try to kill Rhu?
Frezak (GM): You could.
Ellemerr: KILL EVERYTHING
Frezak (GM): And he can move first if you want to throw at Radek.
Gaurav: You can try.
Apheori (GM): And get rid of the rocks in the way? Or do we care about those?
Frezak (GM): Rocks provide cover if they interect an attack.
THat's -2 to hit.
So if you want to throw stuff at those squishy guys, you might want to move first.
Apheori (GM): So if the goblin is behind the rock, does that affect it, or just anything aiming for it.
Frezak (GM): OR YOU COULD COME AT ME.
Apheori (GM): ?
How do you USE cover?
Frezak (GM): You use cover just by having it in the way.
Apheori (GM): Why would a goblin go after you? You're huge.
But you can't shoot from behind it?
Frezak (GM): Sure you can.
oh, I see.
(From Ellemerr): Never mind what I said about having gone throught this. I forgot you were learning to DM. *shifty eyes* BUT I'M CONFIDENT YOU CAN STILL LEARN IT! Yeah.
Frezak (GM): Well, presumably if you're right up against it when you shoot, it wouldn't hinder you.
(To Ellemerr): SEEEEE?
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): I'm not an expert on cover rules >.>
Just make it up.
(From Ellemerr): *cackles*
Apheori (GM): I need more of a frame of reference. I'm like Coraline-lost, here. I've already gone beyond Fern-lost.
Okay, so move the thing and attack?
I CAN DO THIS.
Gaurav: Yup! You get three actions: a standard, a minor and a move. You can do them in any order. So you can move first, then attack, then a minor. I think.
Frezak (GM): yup
Apheori (GM): What's a minor?
Frezak (GM): Monsters usually don't have powers that use Minors.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
So the things are listed as 'minor'?
Frezak (GM): Otherwise it' stuff like pulling out a weapno, picking something up, opening a door.
Ellemerr: Yes.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
How do you move things?
Just drag them?
Frezak (GM): yep
Ellemerr: If you had a cleric, your heals might be minors. Unless that's just me. I'm pretty clueless.
Frezak (GM): All Leaders have their healing thing as a Minor.
Apheori (GM): What do I add together to attack?
Frezak (GM): Look at the power.
In this case javelin is +6.
Apheori (GM): Whazzat mean? +6 vs AC?
Frezak (GM): Means it's a D20+6, and if the roll is equal to or higher than the target's AC, you hit.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
11
)
+6
=
17
What's his AC?
Frezak (GM): So now your target tells you >.>
Unless you have player sheets at hand.
Gaurav: Who did you attack?
Apheori (GM): I probably should but I don't.
Radek.
Ganelon: Oh, then it just barely hits.
If you tie with someone's defenses, it's a hit.
Apheori (GM): So it hit. Now what?
Ganelon: Tell me how much damage I'm taking.
Ellemerr: Could someone be so kind as to provide the stalker with a quick who's-who? :3 The stalker would much apreciate it!
Ganelon: I'm playing Radek.
Apheori (GM): How do I know how much damage he's taking?
Gaurav: I'm Rhu. Bear Soup Guy is Greibel.
Ellemerr: You roll for damages. Probably.
Apheori (GM): It says 4 damage.
Ellemerr: Thanksies.
Apheori (GM): What does that mean?
You take 4 damage?
Frezak (GM): That means it's a straight 4.
Most minions don't roll for damage.
They just do shit damage.
Apheori (GM): Whooo I hit a player character!
Ellemerr applauds Apheori!
Rhu stands stock-still as a javelin whooshes past him.
Ellemerr: Go you!
Apheori (GM): Should I... er...
Apheori (GM) pokes it.
Apheori (GM): It didn't hit?
Ganelon: It did.
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
I'm mixing you up.
Gaurav: It whooshed past Rhu to hit Radek.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So if you took damage... how...
Ganelon: Also, Frezak, I can't see Rhu's health.
Apheori (GM) gestures vaguely.
Ganelon: I can subtract it myself.
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
Apheori (GM): Good.
Ganelon: You'll have to do the same if I hit something.
Apheori (GM): You'll have to tell me how.
Ellemerr: You click their health blob and type in either the new value or the -whatever
So -4 in this case.
Ganelon: Doesn't apply to minions. They just die if you hit them.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so now what?
Elf?
Gaurav: Elf!
Frezak (GM): Now it's the elf's turn.
The shooty one.
Apheori (GM): AAAAGH TRIANGLE MATH.
Frezak (GM): Shh.
Trust the magic colour line.
Apheori (GM): Agh.
Gaurav: What is the elf's speed?
Apheori (GM): Normal.
Most things are normal.
Except things that AREN't.
Gaurav: I think that's ... 6 squares or something? He could run up to the next bush along and shot Gravy. For all the good that'd do him.
Apheori (GM): Actually...
Apheori (GM) grins.
Frezak (GM): The elf gets +2 to his attack rolls if he moves.
Gaurav: uh oh
Apheori (GM): And I've decided it's going after your guy. Congratulations!
Frezak (GM): Whose guy?
Apheori (GM): The one who gave me the idea.
Frezak (GM): AWESOME.
GO SHOOT HIM.
Gaurav gulps
Frezak (GM): He has 20/40 range. He can hit anybody.
Apheori (GM): So that's /r 1d20 + 2 + 7?
Frezak (GM): yup
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 2 + 7
(
6
)
+2+7
=
15
I was hoping it'd actually do it inline. >.<
Gaurav: Is that against AC?
Frezak (GM): Ya'll usually want to mention the defence it targets when rolling.
Apheori (GM): Oh. Yes.
Ellemerr: Whelp, more pie. I may or may not return at some point. Have fun either way! /me stalks off
Rhu: The arrow pings harmlessly off Rhu's armor (AC 16)
Frezak (GM): Yay for Rhu.
Apheori (GM): Rhu isn't wearing armour.
Rhu: He's wearing cloth armor
Frezak (GM): Pings off his hair?
Apheori (GM): ...sure.
Rhu: I get a +3 from my faith alone.
RHU IS UP
The Gravedigger: BURY THEM
Apheori (GM): Anyway, cloth armour isn't armour. Sorry, but NO.
Unless it's really heavy cloth or something.
Bear Soup Guy: What if it's kevlar?
Apheori (GM): Hmm, good point.
Frezak (GM): That would be more like Hide Armour.
Rhu: Your kind have infested these forests long enough. Prepare to die!
Apheori (GM): These people WOULD have cloth armour.
Frezak (GM): I'm wearing a flak vest.
Apheori (GM): And it'd stop bullets.
The cloth.
Like those things in stargate...
Rhu: I fire off a bond of retribution at the kobold closest to me.
Apheori (GM): It's a goblin.
Frezak (GM): Ac is your ability to dodge as much as it is physical armour.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20 + 4 vs AC
(
15
)
+4
=
19
Frezak (GM): Clearly a goblin, man.
Rhu: Vermin are vermin.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so you hit it. What does that do?
Rhu: Yay!
Frezak (GM): Since he's a minion, he dies.
Rhu: Oh?
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
Rhu: Shoot. I was hoping to do some more math and whatnot.
Apheori (GM): How
'd you do that?
Oh.
Frezak (GM): THe right-hand white blob popup on token selectin.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Rhu: Okay, this power has another effect: the first time any enemy who is not my target hits me before the end of my next turn, he takes +2 radiant damage.
better not hit me, guys
Frezak (GM): That's cool.
Apheori (GM): They don't know that.
Rhu: oops
Frezak (GM): Correct.
Rhu: so how do I give up turn order?
Frezak (GM): HEY GOBLINS
Greibel: Now they know!
You fool!
Frezak (GM): IF YOU HIT ME YOU DIE.
Just say your done.
Rhu: I am done.
Frezak (GM): And a GM can advance the order.
Greibel: Okay
Let's do this!
Bear Soup Guy: How do I let's do this?
Frezak (GM): WHich do are you trying to do?
Bear Soup Guy: Which do should I do?
I have like, cool ranged stuff
And a staff for hitting
And I can be a bear
Frezak (GM): Look at your powers.
Bear Soup Guy: I WILL USE THORN WHIP
Rhu: Tactically, you could run up through us and attack the goblins ahead of us, or you could hang back and range-attack them forcing them to attack me or Gravy, which would be a very bad idea for them. All except that stupid elf.
Frezak (GM): Whip them thorns.
I'll stay here and attract dudes.
You go take out the archer.
Rhu: Re: the armour debate -- the cloth armour only gives me +1 AC, which really just means it gets in the way a bit. Most of my armour comes from an Avenger class benefit "Armor of Faith", which gives me +3 AC as long as I'm wearing light or no armour.
Ganelon: Cloth armor actually provides no protection.
Frezak (GM): Dude. Can you Fire Hawk the archer?
Ganelon: Yes. That.
Frezak (GM): Because then if he tries to shoot again he'll get hawked.
In a fiery way.
Bear Soup Guy: How do I...okay
How do I aim a thing at a guy?
Frezak (GM): Ya just say so.
But you'll need to get within 10 of him.
brb
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, well there's a goblin on the right
Under the bug
And I will thorn whip him
Apheori (GM): You can move before fire hawking.
As part of the turn.
Bear Soup Guy: I can also do that, right!
How many spaces can I move?
Apheori (GM): Uh...
Ganelon: 6.
Rhu: It's your "speed" on your character sheet.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right, the speed
Okie dokie
Apheori (GM): Right. >.<
Ganelon: It might be 5 because of your armor.
Diagonal movement costs the same.
Apheori (GM): I want to use total annihilation maps. Will anyone care?
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1D8 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
Okay, I did that to the archer
Rhu: hang on
Bear Soup Guy: And also it pulls him two squares
Rhu: your attack roll is always 1d20 + (something)
Greibel: GET OVER HERE
Bear Soup Guy: Oh
Rhu: I think? Greibel? I'm pretty sure you can't do an attack roll with a 1d8.
Apheori (GM): Ghuh, what's the skill description?
Bear Soup Guy: There's nothing on my character sheet that says 1d20
Apheori (GM): It probably says +4 vs something.
So it's 1d20+4 to see if it works?
I think.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, 4 vs Fort
Apheori (GM): Remember, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Frezak (GM): DONT LET THEM SEE YOU'RE AFRAID.
Apheori (GM): Don'tletthemseeyou'reafraid.
Rhu: Frezak: "4 vs Fort" means "1d20 + 4 vs Fort", right?
Frezak (GM): yup
Apheori (GM): How do saves work?
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
And that's vs the opponent's fort then
Frezak (GM): Saves are: if you are under an effect that says 'save ends', then you roll a D20 at the end of your turn. 10 or higher, and you're cured.
Apheori (GM): This... is different from previous editions, isn't it?
Frezak (GM): Yes, opponent's fort.
Correct, Names.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
Apheori (GM): Errrngh.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+4
(
17
)
+4
=
21
Frezak (GM): Before you had to make a defensive roll in reaction to someone casting against you.
Bear Soup Guy: ^ vs Fort
Of the archer
Apheori (GM): So now what?
Frezak (GM): You check the Archer's Fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
What do I do with it?
Bear Soup Guy: If it's lower than 21 I hit
Right?
Frezak (GM): If the number he rolled is equal or higher, you tell him it hit.
Apheori (GM): You hit.
Right?
Bear Soup Guy: Awesome
Rhu: Woohoo!
Frezak (GM): ANd he tells you what happens.
Apheori (GM): Right.
What happens?
Bear Soup Guy: Okay!
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS
rolling 1d8 + 4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
That is the attack
And it also pulls him two squares
Frezak (GM): So. Bear Soup Guy indicates what square teh elf ends in.
He can move it 2 squares towards him.
Bear Soup Guy: Right
That one
The two diagonals
Close enough
Apheori (GM): >.<
What's the 7?
Bear Soup Guy: Damage?
Frezak (GM): If you're using the hand tool, hold left-click to ping a square.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, sexy
=D
So once more
Greibel: GET OVER HERE
Apheori (GM): How did it get pulled, anyhow?
Frezak (GM): Magic?
Bear Soup Guy: Because I hit him with thorns
And the thorns are on vines
And the vines pulled him
Because I'M ONE WITH NATURE
Apheori (GM): Scary range.
Bear Soup Guy: Indeed
Apheori (GM): With vines.
You doing anything else?
Bear Soup Guy: What else can I do besides moving and attacking?
Apheori (GM): No idea.
Rhu: That is a very cool attack.
Bear Soup Guy: I know, isn't it?
Rhu: You get one minor action. Check to see if you have any.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
Frezak (GM): You can change into an animal as a minor I think.
Bear Soup Guy: That appears to be correct
I think I'll stay and Elf for now though
Greibel: I HAVE COMPLETED MY THING
Apheori (GM): Okay, goblin throws a javelin over the rock at Rhu.
Rhu: WHAT
This happens too often.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 +6 vs ac
(
10
)
+6
=
16
Ganelon: Becoming desensitized to the complaints of your players is also an important part of being a DM.
Apheori (GM): I think it hits, does 4 damage, and dies.
Am I wrong?
Rhu: Yes, yes and yes.
Apheori (GM) grins and Gan.
Apheori (GM): At.
RADEK!
Frezak (GM): DO SOME MAGIC.
Can you move this beetle? Or lock out his oppie?
Because i'd love to get up on the archer.
Ganelon: I can.
Alright, I'll move into this bush first.
Thundering Armor on the Gravekeeper.
Frezak (GM): Skinny old guy in a bush.
WHO'S THE DRUID NOW.
Digger.
Bear Soup Guy: Do bushes provide cover?
Frezak (GM): Call me gravy.
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh heh
OH DOORBELL
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
19
)
+5+0
=
24
[Thundering Armor]
Primary target gets a +1 power bonus to AC until EONT.
13 Thunder damage.
Push the secondary target 1 square away from the primary target.
Frezak (GM): fuck yeah
Rhu: Damn.
Radek cackles wildly.
The Gravedigger: THUNNNDER POWEERRRRRR
Apheori (GM): Sorry, had to get lunch.
What's going on?
Bear Soup Guy: I have to go fix my idiot neighbor's stupid wireless card
Frezak (GM): Radek did magic.
Bear Soup Guy: So I might not be back because I have to do other stuff today too
Frezak (GM): gah
Bear Soup Guy: But I found this extremely cool and educational and I got to lasso an archer
Apheori (GM): >.<
Ganelon: Well.
Apheori (GM): Well, this was progress.
Bear Soup Guy: It sure was
Ganelon: Even if we're stopping, Apheori, could you please push that beetle next to the Gravedigger down a square and deal the damage?
Frezak (GM): If Gan has Greibel's sheet, we can carry on? >.>
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh
Ganelon: I could do that.
Bear Soup Guy: Well if we're going another round of turns I might be back for that
Apheori (GM): We also need to figure out when to meet next.
Bear Soup Guy: Actually no, it's 11:30 so I have to shower and stuff
Next Friday?
Rhu: This is definitely progress.
Apheori (GM): No sooner?
Bear Soup Guy: I could probably do sooner
Ganelon: I certainly could.
Frezak (GM): I have no life, so I can do whenever.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, I have to go, so Isarra you can tell me later what day, or we can talk about this later tonight or tomorrow or something
Apheori (GM): Let's do monday!
YOU'RE ALL MINE!
Rhu: What day is today?
Bear Soup Guy: Okay let's do monday then XD
Today is Saturday
Gaurav: Then I can do Monday.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah I guess I can do Monday too
And then actually that's better because I just remembered I have Christmas stuff for like a solid week after that
Gaurav: I'm out of town Wednesday through next Monday, so I won't be able to D&D then. But please go on without me! I'll get back in when I can.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Did you attack that thing?
Bear Soup Guy: OKAY BYE GUYS
Frezak (GM): Radek did.
Apheori (GM): BYE,
.
Frezak (GM): I was resolving the effects.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): BYE BEAR SOUP GUY
Gaurav: Good night everybody!
Ganelon: Put a "+1 AC" icon on yourself too, Frezak.
Apheori (GM): Cool.
Frezak (GM): You're going too, Rave?
Gaurav: I dunno.
Frezak (GM): >.>
Gaurav: I'm planning htings with my sister.
I can linger.
Let's play through to the end of the encounter?
Apheori (GM): Or at least the round.
>.>
Frezak (GM): I WANT TO HIT SOMETHING.
Gaurav: Or until someone dies.
GET THAT ELF
Frezak (GM): I WANT TO.
So, the beetle has a close blast 3 power.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Dammit.
Frezak (GM): That means it can attack a 3X3 grid touching it.
Apheori (GM): This chat thing is awful.
What's clost blast?
Is that what colour spray was?
close
Gaurav: "close blast" = blast centered on the character itself of the radius indicated.
Apheori (GM): But what does it mean?
Ah.
Gaurav: brb afk 5mins. Sorry!
there's also "close burst", which points in a particular direction. Or is it the other way around?
Frezak (GM): other way :P
Apheori (GM): So it could hit that square?
Or what?
Frezak (GM): as long as the 3X3 grid is touching the casting token.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Okay, so that on Gravy...
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4 vs reflex...
(
2
)
+4
=
6
Snrk.
Frezak (GM): I deflect it with my shovel.
The Gravedigger: YOUR FIRE WILL NOT SPARE YOU YOUR GRAVE
Apheori (GM): What's your reflex save? Now I'm curious.
Frezak (GM): I have... 13 reflex.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Can it still scuttle away?
Frezak (GM): sure.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Cutter.
Frezak (GM): dead cutter.
Apheori (GM): Dead.
Dammit.
I try to chat, but the turn thing is still selectedso it switches turns.
Frezak (GM): >.>
so what does the other bug do?
Apheori (GM): Attacks!
Frezak (GM): EAT RHU.
I bet he's delicious.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4 vs reflex on Rhu
(
19
)
+4
=
23
Frezak (GM): that looks like a hit.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 3d6
(
4
+
4
+
1
)
=
9
For 9 damage.
Frezak (GM): He's not here, so you can take the 9 off.
Apheori (GM): Does he have that retribution thing still?
...whatever it was.
Frezak (GM): It's once a turn.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Oh, right.
Frezak (GM): And he's at half HP, so bloodied.
I'll use the red dot for that.
Apheori (GM): What's the significance of that for him?
Frezak (GM): I don't think it does, for him.
Actually, I don't think any of us have special bloodied things.
Apheori (GM): Okay. So it's just a dot and might affect attackers' responses?
Frezak (GM): Correct.
Did it move?
Apheori (GM): What?
Frezak (GM): Did the bug move?
Apheori (GM): Oh, yes.
Frezak (GM): I can't recall.
My turn, then?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): So, gan.
Bug or archer?
Gan?
Are there only 2 of 5 people here?
Apheori (GM): >.<
Frezak (GM): Bah.
I'll go and mooove.
and cast my Roots of Stone encounter power.
Apheori (GM): Whazzat?
Ganelon: Hm.
Frezak (GM): CLose burst 1 means I hit anyone touching me.
One attack roll per target, so i'll start with the archer first, and then the goblin.
rolling 1D20+6
(
19
)
+6
=
25
rolling 1D20+6
(
8
)
+6
=
14
Against AC.
Apheori (GM): Hits both.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
So.
[Roots Of Stone]
Burst 1 Vs AC
Effect: Zone until EOYNT
13
Frezak (GM): Targets leaving the zone are knocked prone and take 4
And I'll Mark the archer dude.
Apheori (GM): What's EOYNT?
Frezak (GM): So they both take 13, and if they leave that zone before the end of my next turn, they're knocked prone.
End Of Your Next Turn.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): Means archer dude is fucked.
Apheori (GM): Aww/
.
Frezak (GM): And he's marked.
Apheori (GM): With love.
Frezak (GM): And my turn is over;
Gaurav: Is the archer dead yet?
Frezak (GM): His love is MINE.
Nah.
Apheori (GM): Dammit.
Frezak (GM): Bloodied, though.
Apheori (GM): Stupid turns.
Oh, right.
Gaurav: As indeed am I :-/
Luckily I've go just the power for that
once the Elf does his thang
do Elves thang?
Ganelon: I can fix that for you, too.
Frezak (GM): At the very least, bloodied monsters indicate that you've been hurting them.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 7 vs ac on rhu
(
15
)
+7
=
22
Gaurav: eeks
Frezak (GM): Wait.
he's marked.
Rhu: Son of a ...
Frezak (GM): SO I get an interrupt.
Apheori (GM): So you hit him, yes?
Frezak (GM): I get the attack BEFORE his finishes rollng.
Apheori (GM): Or what?
Explain.
Okay.
Frezak (GM): Soo
rolling 1D20+8 vs AC
(
5
)
+8
=
13
Apheori (GM): Miss.
Frezak (GM): bah
Wait.
Gan?
I have that magic thing?
A +2 after a roll or something?
Apheori (GM): What does it do?
Frezak (GM): Not sure. Some Artificer thing.
Ganelon: Yes.
You have it.
Frezak (GM): I'll spend that, then.
To add +2 to that roll?
Ganelon: Yes.
Frezak (GM): 15 AC?
Apheori (GM): You can choose NOT to spend that? o_O
Okay, roll for damage.
Right?
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
And he is knocked prone.
Ganelon: The way it works is that he can choose to make one attack roll with a specific weapon/implement 2 higher whenever he likes.
Apheori (GM): That makes no sense.
Frezak (GM): It's a magic backswing power.
Ganelon: It's magic weapon augmentation.
Rhu: Is that only once an encounter?
Or can he use the +2 any time he likes?
Frezak (GM): Is this symbol the one we use for prone?
Ganelon: I pick the weapon that gets augmented in-between fights and can only do it at the start of a day and once more every two fights.
So at the end of this one, I won't be able to use it on anyone's weapons, but after the next fight I could.
Yes, it is.
Apheori (GM): Do you see a better one?
Frezak (GM): Okay, so being prone is -2 to attacks. Being marked is -2 to attacks that do not include me.
Gaurav: The half-heart might be a better "bloodied" icon than the red dot.
I'm not sure what the unhappy egg represents but it can't be any good.
Apheori (GM): The red dot is pretty clear.
Frezak (GM): Does... 18 still hit?
Apheori (GM): In that I figured it out.
Frezak (GM): Rhu?
Gaurav: Oh yeah
my AC is only 16
Frezak (GM): I TRIED, MAN.
Rhu: you did good, Gravy. you did good.
Rhu closes his eyes and waits for the arrow to hit
Frezak (GM): I just smacked him with my head, actually.
Apheori (GM): WHOO IT STILL HIT HIM!
The Gravedigger: YOU GRAVE WILL BE POORLY DECORATED
Apheori (GM): Rhu, you idiot, you tried to dodge; you just weren't fast enough.
Grr.
GRR.
VENGEANCE!
Rhu: How much damage did that do?
Apheori (GM): Er, right.
Do the prone/marked things affect damage, or just hitting?
Ganelon: Hitting.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 +4
(
10
)
+4
=
14
Rhu: Gurk.
Apheori (GM): You're dead!
Or something.
Rhu: I forget how the death rules work.
Apheori (GM): Well, not quite, but...
Same.
Frezak (GM): oh dear
Rhu: I think I'm unconscious first? Or something?
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
At the beginning of your next turn, roll D20.
20 lets you spend a surge and get back up.
1-9 is a strike.
3 strikes and you are really dead.
Rhu: Sweet.
Rhu crumples to the floor.
Rhu crumples to the forest floor.
Apheori (GM): Is it possible to finish them off?
The Gravedigger: MORE BODIES TO BURY.
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): How?
Frezak (GM): You can walk up and poke him.
Rhu: o.0
Frezak (GM): Coup De Grace, since he's unconcious.
It's...
Apheori (GM): ACABA CON ELLOS!
Frezak (GM): +5 to hit from being unconcious, attack deals max damage.
Apheori (GM): Ajem.
Ganelon: They also fall prone, of course.
Frezak (GM): If he hits negative bloodied value, he also dies.
Gaurav: Running with ... what?
My bloodied is 13, so I'm dead when my HP hits -13
exciting times
Frezak (GM): Yep.
Gorram elves, am I right?
So does the archer do anything else?
Rhu: "Gorram elves", Rhu mutters weakly.
Apheori (GM): What else can it do?
Rhu: standard, minor, move
Frezak (GM): Stand up?
Rhu: oooh
Apheori (GM): Oh, good point.
Gaurav: right
Frezak (GM): And then quake.
Rhu: "You ... show him, Gravy ..."
Rhu tries to pull himself up on the rock next to him, but falls over.
Apheori (GM): So the elf gets up...
"Pathetic," the elf mutters.
The Gravedigger: Get back down. Your grave awaits.
Frezak (GM): So is he done,
*?
Apheori (GM): Right.
RHU.
ROLL.
Gaurav: DEATH SAVE TIME.
Frezak (GM): DEATH SAAAAVE
Rhu: 1d20
Frezak (GM): SAVE FOR DEAAATH
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Frezak (GM): Could be worse.
Rhu: So no strikes, but I stay dying and unconscious?
Frezak (GM): yup.
radek will get you back up, though.
Rhu breathes into the grass turning red with his blood.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Apheori (GM): Sounds like something out of Twilight.
Gaurav: I'm dying, give me a break.
Frezak (GM): If you sparkle I'm cutting off your head my next turn.
Apheori (GM): Now you just need to add some self-deprecating introspection...
And flowery descriptions of your true love.
Who is probably Gravy.
Apheori (GM) runs.
Rhu is dying, unconscious, struggling to hold onto life, but by all that is holy he is NOT sparkling.
Frezak (GM): "She was sweet, like this grass. But like the grass, she is soiled by my tainted blood. Oh, woe."
Ganelon: Right then.
Gaurav: Gravy? The guy who keeps advising him that if he lies flat the rigor mortis will be much easier to deal with when fitting him for a coffin?
Ganelon: I can't actually move Greibel but if I'm in charge of his actions...
Frezak (GM): just point.
Ganelon: Call Forth the Spirit Pack.
Frezak (GM): dat pack.
Ganelon: Beetle, then elf.
rolling 1d20+4
(
2
)
+4
=
6
rolling 1d20+4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
Frezak (GM): What.
Did you just blow his Red?
Ganelon shrugs.
Ganelon: Evidently.
Apheori (GM): What does this mean?
Frezak (GM): Means he rolls bad.
What's it against?
Ganelon: It's a once-per-fight power.
Reflex.
Frezak (GM): gah.
Welp.
Apheori (GM): So same roll for both, or what?
Frezak (GM): One attack roll per target, single damage roll.
But he whiffed both.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): So is that it for Greibel?
Ganelon: Yes.
Apheori (GM): Is that elf wearing leaves?
Frezak (GM): Possibly.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Frezak (GM): He really likes leaves.
Apheori (GM): Triangle math is the worst.
Frezak (GM): So when the bugs go, roll a D6 to see if their fire recharges.
Ganelon: First things first. I toss a syringe at Rhu.
Frezak (GM): Throwing-dart syle?
Rhu: (Does that mean I get to spent a healing surge?)
hahahahaha
Rhu the syringe embeds itself into Rhu's face
Ganelon: Yes.
Set your HP to 0.
Then add your healing surge value +2.
Frezak (GM): The adventures of Rhu the Syring.
Ganelon: Don't spend a surge to do this.
You just get HP.
Frezak (GM): Badass.
Ganelon: You are no longer unconscious or dying.
You're still prone and bloody.
Rhu: Guys it was a syringe named Rhu. What are the odds?
Frezak (GM): FATE.
Rhu: Aye. Thanks a million!
The syringe literally had my name on it.
Frezak (GM): >.>
Radek: Well, of course it did.
A little customization never hurt anyone.
Except for elves.
Apheori (GM): I'll be sure to try to prove that wrong.
...wait, you are elves.
Nevermind.
Ganelon: Alright, that was my minor action..
I think I'll take aim at the beetle.
[Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
7
)
+3+5+0
=
15
What's its AC?
Frezak (GM): low
Apheori (GM): Hits.
Ganelon: [Scouring Weapon]
13 Acid damage.
The target takes a -2 penalty to AC until EONT
Frezak (GM): nice
Apheori (GM): Which beetle?
Ganelon: Put a thing on it to indicate that its AC is lowered.
Frezak (GM): UNderbarrel acid grenade launcher?
Ganelon: I'm thinking hollow ceramic bullets.
Frezak (GM): Fancy.
Ganelon: And I'll convert my move action into a minor and use it to reload.
That ends my turn.
Apheori (GM): Okay. Explain the recharge.
For the beetles.
Frezak (GM): Beginning of your turn.
Roll a D6.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
rolling 1d6
(
4
)
=
4
Frezak (GM): 5 or 6 recharges the power and makes it ready to use.
Apheori (GM): Hey, this thing can get to Rhu?
HOW?
AGH TRIANGLE MATH.
Rhu: Technically, it's the beetle further away from me whose turn it is now.
Apheori (GM): And it's IN RANGE.
Frezak (GM): yeah, she just measured the distance.
Rhu mutters, "goodbye, cruel world" under my breath.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 4
(
8
)
+4
=
12
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
6
)
+4
=
10
Rhu: vs AC?
Apheori (GM): Helps if I roll the right die.
What's the bonus attacking a prone?
Frezak (GM): +2.
Ganelon: 2.
Apheori (GM): Okay, you survive... FOR NOW.
Rhu will take what he can get as the fire beetle's attack narrowly missed him.
Rhu: misses* etc.
Apheori (GM): Okay, no recharge on that one either, so it goes to try to bite Rhu as well.
...
Frezak (GM): what did you do?
Apheori (GM): I accidentally deleted it because the chat thing wasn't selected again, didn't I?
Rhu glares at the beetle until it vanishes into thin air.
Frezak (GM): Ctr-Z ?
DAMN DUDE.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4 + 2
(
9
)
+4+2
=
15
Rhu: hang on
do I get an attack of opportunity as it moves from the stone to right next to me?
Frezak (GM): I tihnk so.
Apheori (GM): How?
He's flat on the ground and it came at him from behind a rock.
Frezak (GM): It moved out of an adjacent square.
Rhu: If an enemy moves from one square next to you to another square next to you, you get an attack of opportunity.
Apheori (GM): It had a rock.
Rhu: You could just have the beetle stop on the rock. Then I don't get it.
Frezak (GM): If it can walk over the rock, then he can see it.
Rhu: It came over the rock, and I whacked it as soon as I saw its head.
Apheori (GM): It went around the rock. >.<
Frezak (GM): right >.>
No, that's fine.
SORRY DUDE.
Rhu: okay, yeah, that works. continue!
Apheori (GM): aSDHFj
This chat thing is horrible.
Like... awful.
You can't even click on the chat thing in general, no, it has to be the specific box...
There don't seem to be any standard hotkeys to trigger it either...
Sorry.
Rhu: So that was 15 vs AC including +2 for being prone, right? Or do you want to reroll?
Apheori (GM): I should be moving each... er... square. Yes.
Yeah, I think that was it. Did it miss too?
Rhu: Yup. 16 AC.
Frezak (GM): wow.
Rhu phew
Frezak (GM): You have lucks.
Rhu: As many lucks as one can have when surrounded by a goblin corpse and two angry fire beetles, yes.
Frezak (GM): Right.
I'll smack this dude.
rolling 1D20+6
(
19
)
+6
=
25
Rhu: Could one of the GMs give the other fire beetle its initiative of 3 again? I suspect we'll still be playing.
woooooooo
righteous smack
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D10+4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
And I gain 4 temporary HP.
Rhu: YES
YES
Frezak (GM): YEAAAHHH
Rhu kicks my feet about in a celebratory fashion
Frezak (GM): Then I will move.
And take the opportunity attack.
So roll that bite.
Apheori (GM): Opportunity attack?
Frezak (GM): He gets a free bite as I walk around him.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
How does that work?
Frezak (GM): Just make a bite attack.
Apheori (GM): Oh, I got that wrong before. It's +5.
Off.
Odd.
Rhu: If you move from one square adjacent to a character to another square also adjacent to the character, the character gets to interrupt your move and make an attack.
Apheori (GM): 22 vs what?
Frezak (GM): 22? What?
Apheori (GM): I rolled a 17 and added 5.
Sorry, lazy die.
I'm lazy.
Frezak (GM): says AC on the box, so AC.
That hits.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 2d4 + 2
(
2
+
3
)
+2
=
7
Frezak (GM): Barely felt that.
And I will Mark both these guys.
Apheori (GM): I'm surprised you feel anything.
Rhu: He feels deep sadness when he sees an inadequate grave.
Frezak (GM): And my turn is over.
Gaurav: Those heart logos are the cutest.
Frezak (GM): oh, wait.
I had 4 temporary HP from my Stone Strength attack on the elf.
So I only took 3 damage.
Temp HP sit on top of ordinary HP and get substracted first.
And NOW my turn is over.
Rhu: I can change my move into a minor action, right?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Rhu: So I stand up as a minor action. No longer prone!
Frezak (GM): Standing is a move action >.>
Rhu: oh
then I use my move action to stand
Can I spend a healing surge as my minor? Is this what they call a "second wind"?
Frezak (GM): Second Wind is a standard >.>
Rhu: hmm
Frezak (GM): But it DOES give you +2 to all defences for a turn.
So if you stand and Second wind, they'll have a tough time biting with my mark on them.
But the fire will hurt >.>
Rhu: Fire always hurts :-/
This is a practice encounter, right?
Frezak (GM): Yes?
I mean, we can say it happened as we were on your way somewhere or something.
Rhu: I have a daily that lets me spend a healing surge as an effect.
Frezak (GM): But if you die, you won't DIE.
Probably.
Rhu: Are these fire beetles minions?
Frezak (GM): gods no.
Rhu: sigh okay
I'll use my standard for a second wind
Frezak (GM): Radek shot one with an acid bullet.
Rhu: so I spend one healing surge and get a +2 until the EOMNT?
Apheori (GM): Just stab them.
They'll die.
Problem solved.
Rhu: I don't care too much whether they die or not. I do care that both beetles are guaranteed to attack me, given that it's either me or Gravy and Gravy is built like a rock.
Frezak (GM): That's what Second wind does. As well as the HP.
They have a penalty to attacking you.
Rhu: Healing surge gives me 6 HP, so I am no longer bloodied! Could you please remove both prone and bloodied icons from me, please?
Apheori (GM): If you kill them they can't attack you.
It's kind of a... rule.
Frezak (GM): You can do that yourself.
Click the token and then the white dot on the bottom right.
And add some fancy shield thing.
Rhu: oh it scrolls
okay hmm
so I have a minor left
Apheori (GM): Yeah, the ui styles they used could be better.
Rhu: I turn to the beetle has the lightning strike on it (the one right behind me) and swear an Oath of Enmity on it. Until one of us dies, I am foresworn to end its existence in the most painful way I can find.
and that is the end of my turn
it's nice to not be lying on the grass bleeding to death
Ganelon: Will that be all?
Rhu: Yup! End of my turn.
Ganelon: Greibel turns into an animal of unspecified nature.
Rhu: A wombat.
Ganelon: (I wish he had specified)
Frezak (GM): I don't think he can stand on that square.
Ganelon: Charge and pounce.
Oh?
Apheori (GM): Rock.
Well, he could.
But it'd probably take a bit of effort.
Ganelon: Better?
rolling 1d20+4
(
6
)
+4
=
10
He probably misses.
Apheori (GM): ac?
Ganelon: Reflex.
Apheori (GM): He misses.
Rhu: Is this a good attack? Once per encounter I can get someone to reroll an attack against my Oath of Enmity target.
Ganelon: Absolutely.
Rhu: :D
Ganelon: Oh, but.
This attack is just an at-will.
Does that someone include you?
Frezak (GM): Het gets rerolls for free.
*he gets
Like, every attack.
Avengers, man.
Ganelon: Ah. Then you might as well use it now.
Rhu: only if they're the only enemy adjacent to me, which is not the case
unless you destroy this beetle
reroll!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
I'm the best.
Frezak (GM): THE CURRRRSE
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Rhu: ah well
such is life
Ganelon: That's his turn.
Alright. Rhu, have another syringe.
Surge +2.
Rhu: whee!
Rhu enthusiastically sticks that syringe into my arms
Ganelon: Again, don't spend a surge to heal this way.
Just heal as if you had.
Frezak (GM): If you can slam on beetle off him, I can yank the other.
Ganelon: Which beetle?
Frezak (GM): And i read "Stick that syringe up my anus"
Either.
I have a Melee 2 pull.
I can shift and yank.
Rhu: Shift and yank. Damn. Gotta love controllers.
Frezak (GM): I'm a defender.
Rhu: That's a controller-y thing though.
Ganelon: Okay, Thundering Armor on Rhu, targeting the southern beetle.
Apheori (GM): I can have a monster try to stick a syringe up his anus sometime. Would that be wrong?
Ganelon: And I'm a Leader.
Frezak (GM): It would not, Names.
Apheori (GM): Excellent.
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
14
)
+5+0
=
19
vs. Fortitude.
[Thundering Armor]
Primary target gets a +1 power bonus to AC until EONT.
12 Thunder damage.
Ganelon: Push the secondary target 1 square away from the primary target.
Apheori (GM): Hits.
Frezak (GM): bonk
Ganelon: Remove the cracked shield on the other bug.
It expires.
And Rhu gets a shield icon himself, meaning +1 AC.
Rhu: sweet!
Frezak (GM): Damn.
Serious magic.
Ganelon: I relocate.
Frezak (GM): Hide behind the meaty people :p
WAIT.
Ganelon: You know it.
Frezak (GM): That's a bad place.
If these guys reload the fire spray.
Apheori (GM): I think you've moved more than six squares.
Ganelon: I un-moved.
Apheori (GM): I see.
Frezak (GM): R-r-retcon.
Ganelon: There.
Now my turn is over.
Rhu covers his face in preparation for fire beetle mayhem.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6
(
3
)
=
3
rolling 1d6
(
3
)
=
3
Heh, they're both useless.
Ganelon: Rhu still needs a shield icon.
Apheori (GM): Anyway, this one... which is this one?
Ganelon: Mouse over it in the turn order.
Frezak (GM): what.
I am so taking that guy down.
Apheori (GM): It runs away. Can it run away some more?
Frezak (GM): It can move twice.
By turning it's standard into a move.
Ganelon: Standard actions can become moves.
Apheori (GM): There.
This one gets a 9 to bite Gravy and misses.
Or maybe bounces off something.
I dunno.
Rhu: heh
Frezak (GM): I have a big shield.
And pecs.
Apheori (GM): So it runs away too.
Frezak (GM): um.
We all get opportunity attacks.
Ganelon: It provokes three opportunity attacks, then.
Frezak (GM): LET ME GO FIRST.
Apheori (GM): fh
GHAK.
Frezak (GM): I'll try to prone.
Apheori (GM): This thing is HORRIBLE.
Ellemerr: Poor bugs...
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8 AC
(
20
)
+8
=
28
YEAAAAAAh
Gaurav: Ellemerr: poor, fire-spewing beetles of death and doom
Frezak (GM): That's 10 damage and it is prone.
Ellemerr: Very poor bug indeed.
Rhu: gasps.
The Gravedigger: BEHOLD YOUR END, BUG.
Apheori (GM): And the rest?
Frezak (GM): Go crazy.
Ganelon: Greibel isn't even armed, so... this won't do much.
Gaurav: haha. he swats at the beetle as it scurries by, I guess?
Frezak (GM): I just flipped it over with a shovel.
Like a pile of leaves.
Ganelon: Normally a beast-form druid could use powers as a replacement for basic attacks (which are used during opportunity attacks)
But since he has none...
rolling 1d20-1
(
18
)
-1
=
17
rolling 1d4-1
(
4
)
-1
=
3
There's an unarmed melee.
3 damage.
Apheori (GM): Rhu?
Gaurav: I don't get an opporuntiy attack, since it walked away from me.
Frezak (GM): Dudes, you have CA.
It's prone.
We all attack before it finishes moving that square.
Poor bug :/
Gaurav: It never moved from one adjacent square to another adjacent square relative to Rhu. Or did I miss something?
Ganelon: If you start a move while adjacent, it provokes.
If you move into a square and then move adjacent, it also provokes.
And if you make a ranged attack while adjacent.
Gaurav: huh! so I and Gravy should have had an opportunity attack against the first beetle as it ran away from us?
Ganelon: No, because I pushed it away from you.
Gaurav: oh, right
okay, thanks for sorting that out! I am less confused now.
Rhu: My standard weapon maul attack is 1d20 + 2 vs AC, so ...
rolling 1d20 + 2 vs AC
(
16
)
+2
=
18
good enough?
Ganelon: You have combat advantage from it being prone too.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Rhu:
rolling 2d6
(
5
+
5
)
=
10
Do I get CA +2 on damage as well? or only on the attack roll?
Frezak (GM): Just to hit.
Rhu: aye
Ganelon: Just attacks, yes.
Rhu: so 10 points of damage
Frezak (GM): Poor bug.
Aww.
Bye bye, bug.
QUICKLY NOW
PUT IT ON A STICK.
Ellemerr quickly swoops in to steal the bug-on-a-stick for her collection.
Ganelon: I can hit this other one without even moving, or taking a range penalty.
RIFLES!
Gaurav: I have a friend who can mount insects.
Apheori (GM): TRIANGLE MATH.
Frezak (GM): I can't get to him >.>
Ganelon: You know there's no trigonometry in 4E, right?
Apheori (GM): Well, that's daft.
Ganelon: The world is square.
Apheori (GM): And you're traversing rhombuses.
Ganelon: And the hypotenuse of a triangle with two sides of 5 is also 5.
Apheori (GM) runs away screaming.
Gaurav: bolts fire diagonally travel X times further than those fired at right angles to the lines of latitude and longitude
strange but true
fired*
(and I think X = sqrt(2) but guys it's 3am here so my brain left a while back)
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna throw an axe at this guy.
Heavy thrown.
Range is 5/10, so i have long range penalty.
VS AC.
rolling 1D20+4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
bah.
Frezak (GM): That's me done.
Apheori (GM): Rhu.
Rhu: I move six spaces towards my quarry.
Frezak (GM): Damn.
I should have just picked you up and carried you.
Rhu: I use my minor to declare this new beetle to be my new Best Enemy For Life
and then I use my Radiant Vengeance to attack it as my standard
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
15
)
+4
=
19
Ganelon: I assume that's a ranged move?
Frezak (GM): He got vengeanced.
Rhu: vs Reflex
ranged 10
Apheori (GM): Hits.
Frezak (GM): I'll want my axe back.
Rhu:
rolling 1d8 + 4 radiant damage
(
5
)
+4
=
9
Frezak (GM): NOOOO
Rhu: and I gain 4 temp HP
Frezak (GM): MR BUGGLES
Ganelon: So, where does the Avenger's striker damage come from? Pure reliability?
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Rhu: Radek: you can definitely hit this guy from where you are, right? Otherwise I could spend an action point and hit him again.
Frezak (GM): He's dead.
Rhu: oh
oops
Frezak (GM): MONSTER.
Apheori (GM): You killed it. Good job.
Ganelon: I could shoot, minor reload, AP and shoot again, move reload.
Frezak (GM): I'll wipe my shovel clean and start diggin holes. Once I got my throwing axe back.
Apheori (GM): And this chat interface is still horrible.
Ganelon: But it's dead.
Radek: Alright, who wants to make a donation?
Rhu: So if I choose not to spend healing surges, my HP stays at 22 instead of 26 until I sleep, right?
Apheori (GM): Outt of combat, can you basically do whatever?
The Gravedigger: ME ME ME
Frezak (GM): Pretty much.
Unless you have DM reasons to not let us do things.
Apheori (GM): Shiny.
Rhu: Out of combat is the best. We just chat and make stuff up.
Frezak (GM): I have 14 surges a day.
Rhu: And skill checks. Love 'em skill checks.
Radek: Lovely.
Gaurav: I only have 8 ... 7 now
Apheori (GM): A search check to even find the axe?
Frezak (GM): I'm immortal.
Apheori (GM): Or does this still have search?
Frezak (GM): I'd Take 29.
Basically spend a long time unhurriedly doing something.
*take 20
Rhu: I assume the ax is visibly lodged into the beetle's carapace somewhere
Ellemerr: Where the hell are you getting all those surges? O_o
Oh, but you might actually need them. Getting hit and stuff does that. Right. *shifty eyes*
Frezak (GM): I might have just missed it.
Ganelon: During a short rest (5 minutes), all of your encounter powers recharge, and you may spend any number of healing surges to heal.
Apheori (GM): You threw it. You probably know where it went.
You're not THAT stupid, are you?
Ellemerr: ... Seriously that's a lot of surges in my head...
Apheori (GM): ...are you?
Frezak (GM): I have 9 from being Warden. 4 from my con mod and 1 more for being minotaur.
Ellemerr mutters.
Rhu: If anyone's organizing a search party, anyone within 5 spaces gets +1 on their perception checks.
Ellemerr: You're a minotaur?!
Frezak (GM): I'm moderatlely intelligent.
Mechanically, yes.
Apheori (GM): Minotauroid.
Ganelon: Because Radek is a mad Artificer, his healing syringes are refueled by taking surges away from willing allies during short rests.
Ellemerr: ... You look like a thiefling, though. >.>
Frezak (GM): Because I get that badass prone opportunity power.
Apheori (GM): They're all elves.
Ganelon: So the price of you not paying surges when he makes you heal, is someone paying them later while you rest up.
Apheori (GM): He just happens to be of a similar size and general shape...
Demonoid elf.
Frezak (GM): I look like a god of nature.
One that likes holes.
Apheori (GM): You look like a bloody demon.
That likes holes.
Ellemerr: Sounds... uh, lovely.
Gaurav: Why demon? Those aren't real horns ... are they? I thought they were part of the uniform.
Frezak (GM): Nah, they're real.
I use them to poke people.
Apheori (GM): They are real. He's unesca. They look demonic and tend to be quite tough.
Ganelon: The Stranger should heal people like this.
Who needs gods when you have blood transfusions?
Apheori (GM): Blood runs out.
Do gods?
Ellemerr: Shush! You are not touching my gods. MY GODS!
Frezak (GM): eventually.
Ganelon: I don't need your gods!
Frezak (GM): Just less quickly than blood.
Ganelon: I HAVE SCIENCE!
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: Technically they're these folks' gods too.
Ellemerr: You clearly do. In the other other game. Since they're giving me the power to keep you alive.
Apheori (GM): And they're ALIVE.
Ellemerr: Awesome.
Ganelon: I think it would be more accurate to say that they're giving you the power to give me the power to keep you alive.
Ellemerr: I'm looking forwards to jumping into this game at random and... random. Possibly talk to a god at some point. *nods*
Apheori (GM): You can talk to several gods.
Ellemerr: Hah. You might have a point, Gan. Okay, so we all need one another.
Frezak (GM): I don't need anyone.
Apheori (GM): Not evern yourself?
Frezak (GM): Nope.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): Because I'm not anyone.
Apheori (GM): I see.
Frezak (GM): I'm speshul.
Doooooom
So, what have we learnt today?
Ellemerr: I need you.
I really wanna find a mic somewhere.
Gaurav: death rules
Apheori (GM): Encounters are scary.
Gaurav: you can attack something if it skitters away from you
people die. sometimes they get better.
Frezak (GM): OAs are super important.
Apheori (GM): How many guards can I reasonably throw at you when folks see Gravy and come to the obvious conclusion?
Ganelon: Are they minions?
Ellemerr: What's the obvious conclusion?
Frezak (GM): I don't look threatening.
I have a shovel.
Ganelon: Because if they're minions, the answer is "a lot."
Apheori (GM): That they're a bad group of outsiders and need to be killed and/or arrested.
Ganelon: Although, I could make him flash-freeze any minions to successfully hit him, so that might become a pretty easy fight.
Frezak (GM): Well, I can outrun the Artificer...
Gaurav: that's a good point, does anybody have good area attacks?
Ellemerr: It also depends on what outcome you want. If you actually want them to get arrested you'll need enough guards that the players don't get their characters killed trying to kill the enemies. Which will likely take a LOT of guards.
Frezak (GM): My daily gives me resist all 3 and slams all my marked guys for 4 when I hit with an attack.
Gaurav: all my attacks are individual only, but I suppose that's a pretty avenger thing to do.
Ganelon: Area attacks, eh?
Frezak (GM): I can just stand there and mow them down.
Apheori (GM): I WANT them to run away, but I can't guarantee they will.
Frezak (GM): I'm very tough.
WHy would I run?
Apheori (GM): Alternately they could get arrested, but they would have to surrender...
Frezak (GM): That doesn't sound like fun.
Apheori (GM): Or they could stand around trying to kill waves upon waves of guards and then get a horrible price on their heads across several kingdoms...
But chances are they'll just die.
Although that would be funny.
If they wind up wanted felons everywhere.
Frezak (GM): It would be weird if we spend all day killing dudes.
Apheori (GM): Oooo, that could be really funny.
Frezak (GM): 4-man Helm's Deep sort of thing.
Apheori (GM): Helm's Deep?
Gaurav: One nice loophole in D&D 4e is that all deaths are optional: if you get someone down to 0 HP, you can choose to keep them alive if you feel like it. So these guards could "kill" us all, and then we wake up in prison with a handful of HP between us.
Apheori (GM): What are the mechanics of reinforcements showing up?
Frezak (GM): Up to you.
Gaurav: Whatever you want them to be.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: I've done that before.
The amount of carnage I put one of my parties through with reinforcements was... kind of crazy.
Gaurav: All day killing dudes doesn't sound _that_ fun. It took us a bunch of hours to kill a couple of minions, fire beetles and an elf.
Ganelon: But it does let you have a fight which involves far more than the normal XP budget worth of enemies.
Frezak (GM): I mean all in-game day.
ANd this was slow because of newness.
Ellemerr: Frezak lies. It takes ages anyway. *shifty eyes*
Frezak (GM): SHHH.
Apheori (GM): Less ages.
Especially with a guy with a shovel to mow them down.
I hope.
Frezak (GM): Waaait.
Apheori (GM): >.>
Gaurav: Could we do a couple of skill challenges also? I've always wanted to try some that were more interesting than "you have to pick six locks to open this door"
Frezak (GM): We could just take on the guards and non-lethal all of them.
Ganelon: Anyway, neither I nor Greibel have any area attacks, HOWEVER.
Apheori (GM): Non-lethal? Would Gravy do that?
Frezak (GM): i've never found a way to make Skill Challenges not really weird.
Sure.
Ganelon: Give me the materials and I can create Alchemist's Fire.
Frezak (GM): I've buried lots of people.
I want to bury NEW things.
Pioneer.
Of gravedom.
Gaurav: I read somewhere about a skill challenge which is just all the PCs chasing a MacGuffin down the street, dodging carts, finding the fastest way through the city, convincing people to join them, and avoiding the local police who want to stop the madness.
Ganelon: And I can give Alchemist's Fire to any of you if you can get me whatever I need to make it.
Ellemerr: Bluff skill checks are the best skill checks. Just, so you know.
Ganelon: It lets you do a ranged Burst 1 area attack. Not that damaging but excellent for immolating minions.
I can also modify it to be fired from a weapon.
Unfortunately I don't think it lets me add the weapon's proficiency bonus or damage to the attack, just the range. That... kinda sucks.
I would love it if we could ignore that rule so I could have incendiary rounds.
...Well, actually, I'd need dexterity to shoot those. Never mind.
Apheori (GM): Er.
I know a lot more about plot things than mechanics.
Ganelon: Don't worry about it.
But I can basically make weak firebombs.
Apheori (GM): You guys may need to keep track of those.
Gaurav: Good. Plot's the thing that really makes a game shine for me. Mechanics is just fun along the way.
Apheori (GM): And not... go overboard.
Gaurav: Anywho, since the clock has just struck quarter-past-three-in-the-bloody-morning-o-clock, I should head off.
Thanks for the encounter! See you all 1700 UTC Monday Dec 23?
Apheori (GM): Looks like.
Ellemerr: Keep having good games.
I won't be stalking then but I might back-read. :3
Apheori (GM): I'll bring vodka.
Ellemerr: And back-reading is better if you have good games. So have bloody good games, you hear me?
Gaurav: Do these logs get saved somewhere? They'd be fun to re-read sometime.
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
Ellemerr: Scroll to the top, click the green.
GREEEEEEN
Frezak (GM): the greeeeeeen
Gaurav: nice!
Ellemerr: It is.
I would be so dead in my own games without it. Since I have no memory of my own.
Frezak (GM): None at all.
Gaurav: Good night, everybody! See you Monday!
Frezak (GM): Sometimes she goes around forgetting what species she's supposed to be.
Ellemerr: Even the game I DM is all flailing about looking for notes and checking what I've said in the past...
Frezak (GM): have fun, Rave!
Ellemerr: I'm a species? O_o
Sweet nightmares Rave!
Frezak (GM): "supposed to be"
Apheori (GM): I have notes for these things.
Ellemerr: Oooh.
Apheori (GM): And I need all your character sheets.
For notes.
Frezak (GM): sure
Ellemerr: Character sheets are important.
You can turn moves into minor actions! I... think I might have known that sometime in the past. Now I know it again! Whee!
Apheori (GM): I should probably sort out the story.
Ellemerr: Story turns out to be kind of important.
Apheori (GM): Very.
Frezak (GM): ehhhh
Ellemerr: I'm gonna move from this computer to the laptop. I'll still be on skype but I might not reply to anything until... later. *shifty eyes* Anyway. Uhm.
Ellemerr poofs
Apheori (GM): Byes.
Frezak (GM): She's a poofer.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Frezak (GM): IN this day an age.
Terrible.
Such poofage.
Ganelon: I'll send you ones for Radek and Greibel.
Frezak (GM): I'll need to see if I have any last-minute changes to make >.>
I will abuse my GM power to show you my childhood.
Gaurav: noooooooo
Bear Soup Guy: O_O
Gaurav: oooh
Frezak (GM): THAT is a bunny.
Bear Soup Guy: HOGS
Frezak (GM): What?
Bear Soup Guy: Wait
Crocodile men?
Gaurav: I think it's a kobold? I assume everything is a kobold.
Or a heavy metal cow.
Bear Soup Guy: HEAVY METAL COW
Greibel: Right on, man! 

Session 1

Apheori (GM): HALP.
Ganelon: Of all people to know what we're doing, you should be the one.
Apheori (GM): ...er.
I should but I'm not.
I don't.
I mean.
Frezak (GM): >.>
Ganelon: Then Frezak has likely failed in his duty to instruct you.
Frezak (GM): Hey!
Bear Soup Guy: It's okay
Ganelon: And he is entirely responsible.
Frezak (GM): HEY
Apheori (GM): I'll go with that.
Bear Soup Guy: It's a little known fact that no Dungeon Master has ever known what they're doing
Frezak (GM): Your gnoll is getting Dire Fleas, Gan.
Bear Soup Guy: That's why they get to be creative
Apheori (GM): Frezak: What should we do now?
Frezak (GM): Maybe discuss how and why our party was hired to do the thing?
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So there was this job posting looking for group(s) of specified folks to investigate the recent cataclysm that affected the cities of Sarathi.
How did your group get together?
Frezak (GM): Unless anyone had any desire to bury anyone, I'm unlikely to have known them beforehand.
Ganelon: Sarathi is where we're going, or where we are?
Apheori (GM): Where you're going. That's where it starts.
Gaurav: Do we all have to start on the same planet, or would the ad have been sent across the universe?
Bear Soup Guy: I was doing the fantasy setting equivalent of sleeping on someone's couch
Ganelon: What do we know about it to start off, then?
Sleeping in someone's stables, BSG.
Apheori (GM): You all met up and got hired as a group. You can all be FROM wherever.
Bear Soup Guy: Stables it is
Apheori (GM): Rob: You were probably staying with one of the others, then.
Ganelon: Nah, I mean, what do we know about Sarathi?
Apheori (GM): And just came along.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah exactly
Apheori (GM): It was one of the nicer worlds. Affluent. Cities floating on the ocean.
Bear Soup Guy: There was promise of payment and I'm down on my luck as far as that goes
Apheori (GM): Very well-maintained and crap.
Then suddenly it went dark, nobody heard from it.
Gaurav: BSG: you're welcome to have been staying at my apartment. I have a messy apartment.
Apheori (GM): Bit of a news story across the known 'verse, really.
Bear Soup Guy: Which will also explain if I'm slightly incompetent because I'm not really experience in doing these jobs. I just sort of tagged along.
Gaurav: How long ago did it go dark?
Ganelon: Alright then.
If that's the case, Radek is probably interested in the cataclysm itself.
Apheori (GM): Wasn't very long ago. A few days. Maybe a week.
Bear Soup Guy: Right, I was staying with Gaurav then
Apheori (GM): Governments didn't want to get involved because of politics - any specific one acting on its own could draw the wrath of the others, despite them all having an interest in it.
Ganelon: He would have signed up out of personal curiosity.
And hey, funds are always nice too.
Apheori (GM): So several of the worlds agreed to contract it out to this generally unaffiliated company, which is who hired you.
Frezak (GM): Who is financing this thing, then?
Apheori (GM): The company, basically.
They got a grant or five and it's up to them what to do with the actual money.
Frezak (GM): And WE'RE the best applicants?
Or was there no-one else at all?
Apheori (GM): I'ma guess Radek is the one who put together the actual group.
Bear Soup Guy: We're the applicants who would take the job
Frezak (GM): Because let's face it.
I'm a guy with a shovel.
Gravy is not an elite... anything;
Apheori (GM): I think there were several groups, but that you guys actually got someone to fill all the specified roles made you look pretty good, so... yeah.
Rhu: Do we know of any rogue nation or company we think might be particularly interested in beating us to Sarathi? I could roll that as an insight or history check for that if you like.
Apheori (GM): Gravy looked good enough for a guard.
Frezak (GM): And clearly insane.
Bear Soup Guy: Ooo, good point Rhu
Frezak (GM): INTRIGUE?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Many - even the worlds that contracted out for this venture.
Bear Soup Guy: Someone might be going freelance or something
Gaurav: Ah, nice.
Bear Soup Guy: Remind me which character is which between Ganelon and Guarav again?
The G's confused me
Apheori (GM): It's an entire world, and lots of folks are interested for all sorts of reasons, but a few randoms already went missing as well when they tried to check it out.
Frezak (GM): Gan is Radek.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, thanks
Apheori (GM): Which is part of why your team had to have the roles it did. The Company wanted to cover the bases. Sort of.
Frezak (GM): SO have people just... looked at the world? From space?
Apheori (GM): It looks normal.
Frezak (GM): Any people?
Bear Soup Guy: This keeps reminding me more and more of the plot of Serenity
Apheori (GM): There have been some odd energy readings, but nobody's entirely sure what they are.
Bear Soup Guy: Which, by all accounts, is a good thing
Frezak (GM): Is this like Miranda in the Firefly movie?
Bear Soup Guy: ahahahah
Apheori (GM): There don't seem to be people, but that doesn't necessarily mean much - it's entirely possible that most everyone is still alive and just... inside.
It is a bit like Miranda in presentation.
Frezak (GM): Is there any non-person life visible?
Bear Soup Guy: Different conclusion I imagine
Apheori (GM): Have you seen Stargate Atlantis? The cities themselves are a bit like that.
Frezak (GM): I have not.
Apheori (GM): No odd life visible.
Particularly odd is there doesn't seem to be any animal life, either.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll research some Stagate Atlantis for at least the visual aid
Frezak (GM): Ahhh.
Gaurav: Huh. Creepy.
Frezak (GM): Plantlife seem.... okay? As far as can be seen from space?
Gaurav: So are we learning this at the company briefing, or are we already in orbit?
Apheori (GM): Plantlife is fine.
Bear Soup Guy: But at least we didn't have to kamikaze our way through a Reaver horde!
Apheori (GM): I guess now you're in orbit or something.
Or... I dunno.
Frezak (GM): And all communications stopped at once?
Nothing since?
Not even... empty broadcasts?
Apheori (GM): A lot of this is common knowledge since it was in the news.
Bear Soup Guy: Oooo, orbit is good for the story/roleplay stuff
Frezak (GM): Spaaaace
Apheori (GM): They stopped over the course of a few hours. That's the weird part.
Normally when something like this happens it's all at once.
Or it doesn't entirely stop.
Bear Soup Guy: Incidentally this is my total wet dream for a first D&D experience
Gaurav: Can we get a tape of the final hours from the company? Or, like, Youtube?
Bear Soup Guy: God I love sci-fi
Gaurav passes BSG some tissues.
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Apheori (GM): There have been some intermittent odd things that might have been transmissions. It's hard to tell.
Greibel: And I'm diggin' it, man.
Far out.
The Gravedigger: Shut up or I'll put in a hole again.
Apheori (GM): The gods seem somewhat interested as well, but despite that they don't seem to want to touch it. Ansty priests and stuff.
Frezak (GM): Hmmmm.
Apheori (GM): Which is why you have a priest guy now.
Frezak (GM): And did any of the previous people ever get to send any report at all?
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, so this is cosmically significant even
Apheori (GM): Because the company noticed it.
Bear Soup Guy: We don't know that of course
Apheori (GM): None of them sent anything useful.
Bear Soup Guy: So we're tampering with matters we couldn't hope to understand
Gaurav: Can I do a religion check to see if Hazz'ridan can tell me anything about the planet, or why the gods seem angsty about it?
Frezak (GM): Do we know how long they lasted before losing contact? The other exploratory people?
Apheori (GM): Messages that they were headed there, a note home that hey, this was weird, it's like this outpost is completely empty...
Hazz'ridan doesn't seem to give a crap.
It's only a few that have, really - Tanneas, Lissal, Ajirahd, Lokshmi...
And one other I can't quite recall.
You do not.
They weren't checking into anyone on any regular basis.
Gaurav: Hmm okay. Let's talk strategy: should we land in the most densely populated place we can find, or poke about a small village first?
Apheori (GM): You guys are supposed to be checking in regularly, however.
Just as a note.
There are like three things you're supposed to do - figure out what happened, keep in touch, and don't die.
Bear Soup Guy: Quite a list of demands
Will the people we're checking in with be giving us orders on occasion?
Apheori (GM): They may.
Bear Soup Guy: Also what Gaurav asked
Apheori (GM): Depending on what you have to report.
As for what Gaurav asked, that's up to you.
Gaurav: I was asking the party.
Apheori (GM): You can land wherever, go off to the landmass and get soil samples or something first if that's what you think will help...
Frezak (GM): So do we all have maps and... some kind of communication device?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): GOOD maps?
Not just orbital crap?
Apheori (GM): General layout of the planet and blueprints of the cities. Not necessarily up to date.
Frezak (GM): Gah.
Apheori (GM): Or useful.
Gaurav: What sort of ship are we in? Will we be beamed down, or can the ship land with us? Or -- even better -- fly low and look at stuff?
Frezak (GM): DO WE GET JETPACKS?
Apheori (GM): You'll be landing. You can fly over.
No.
Gaurav: It's a sophisticated planet that only went dark a few days or weeks ago. I'm guessing they have Google Street View.
Ganelon: That would require satellites.
Apheori (GM): Not in any way that's helpful.
Ganelon: Well, Maps would.
Apheori (GM): Regarding the street view.
You have maps. They just may not be usefully labelled.
Ganelon: Street View would require an organization to go take photos of each street, which is of dubious value without a satellite map
Apheori (GM): Also I don't know how to implement that in practice, so they may not be useful at all, but never mind that. >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Street view takes a remarkably high amount of real-time maintenance to keep up-to-fate
Not to mention who knows when a server might fail or something
To that end, are the electricity and other resources functioning still?
Apheori (GM): It mostly seems to be off.
Some things are still on, some lights around, some computers probably up, but they're isolated.
Gaurav: I suggest we fly lower over like an obscure village and have a closer look, keeping a sharp eye out for rockets, sperm whales or bowls of petunia.
Apheori (GM): When you get in, that's probably something you'll want to look into - the computers, getting local power on, etc.
They don't really do obscure, just remote.
Frezak (GM): Wait for night.
Then fly around looking for light?
Bear Soup Guy: Excellent idea Frezak
Gaurav: YES!
Apheori (GM): So what you call an 'obscure village' is probably really a resort or manor or something.
Frezak (GM): I am super smart.
Ganelon: Radek is just eager to land and do readings.
Apheori (GM): So you want to fly around to the night side of the planet?
Bear Soup Guy: Of course if we're flying in a space ship we don't even have to "wait" for night
Apheori (GM): And the other guy wants to land...
Bear Soup Guy: Just go to the side of the planet the star isn't shining on
Apheori (GM): SMART PERSON!
Gaurav: YES!
Bear Soup Guy: Oh duhr, Apheori already said what I just said >_<
Frezak (GM): TO THE DARKNESSSS
Apheori (GM): Sorry.
Ganelon: He's not concerned about the problems the planet is facing so much as what caused them.
So don't mistake it for recklessness. It's actually apathy.
Apheori (GM): Well, do something. It's your ship, at least for the time being.
Bear Soup Guy: But we can find out what caused them by finding things still powered perhaps
Maybe I should be in character
Frezak (GM): So is one of use piloting it?
And is the ship armed at all?
Apheori (GM): I think you're mostly just telling it what to do.
"Ship: Go over there!"
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Greibel: If you find the area of highest capable technology, you'll probably find the most likely devices or resources to inform you of what's going on
Apheori (GM): It can shoot things, but mostly it's just fast. A transport thingy.
Gaurav: If we find the area of highest tech, we might also find rockets, is what I'm worried about.
Bear Soup Guy: Good point Guarav
Gaurav: Let's start by going to the dark side of the planet at orbital altitute and see if we see anything?
The Gravedigger: Find a large city and look about for anything noticeable?
Apheori (GM): Be your character if you're going to point things like that out, please.
Bear Soup Guy: As a pascifist hippie, I must express similar concern
The Gravedigger: Lights in the dark?
Big holes?
Bear Soup Guy: Oh okay, character time
Greibel: As a pascifist hippie, I must express similar concern
I talk super sophisticated when I'm stoned
The Gravedigger: Suuure.
Greibel: Which comes from like, the tribal people I used to live with and stuff
That's when they did all their big thinking
The Gravedigger: Riiiiight.
So. We all for checking out the dark side?
Greibel blows a smoke cloud defiantly in the gravedigger's face
Greibel: Yes, the dark side is most likely where we'll find the most information
The Gravedigger breathes it in. His Constitution laughs at smoke.
Greibel smiles coyly at the gravedigger
Greibel: This will be interesting.
Radek: Whatever caused this planet to go silent has probably long since passed. Finer observations are required if we expect to learn anything useful.
The Gravedigger: We in a rush, now?
Radek: Yes.
Rhu: We can't do the obvious things. Doing the obvious things is why everybody who's come here since it went dark is probably dead.
Greibel: My brother
Think outside the box
Right on
The Gravedigger: We should take it easy.
Check what we can without dirtying our feet.
We'll end up down there soon enough. Might as see what knowledge we can glean first.
SHIP: Your orders?
The Gravedigger: TO THE DARK SIIIIIIDE
Frezak (GM): Really, really loudly.
18 CON lungs, here.
Radek grumbles incoherently.
SHIP sighs happily and starts drifting toward the dark side of the planet.
Frezak (GM): Gravy is enjoying this immensly.
Rhu admires the Gravedigger's lung capacity.
Frezak (GM): Wait 'till we find a straw house.
SHIP starts humming merrily.
Greibel: Right on, ship sistah!
That's my jam!
The Gravedigger: Sandwiches?
Rhu wanders around the ship in search of a good cup of tea.
SHIP makes some sandwiches.
SHIP drops them on The Gravedigger's head.
The Gravedigger reaches up and eats the sandwiches.
The Gravedigger: You are a great ship, SHIP.
Greibel: I would love a cup of chamomile while you're over there Rhu
SHIP: I know!
Nobody ever appreciates it, you know. All the hard work a ship puts in.
Your tea is ready.
Rhu hands Greibel a cup.
Rhu: Mm, delicious! The fishy aftertaste really gives it a nice kick.
Greibel: Thank you SHIP and thank you Rhu
Frezak (GM): Delicious.
Rhu: Are we nearly there yet?
Apheori (GM): So anyway, dark side. The ship puts up a screen to show you a whole lot of black and some random twinkly things.
Greibel has to go to the bathroom
SHIP: You're most welcome, polite meat creatures.
Frezak (GM): Random twinkly things?
Any of them located in major urban areas?
Apheori (GM): Griebel finds the bathroom in the back.
They look like they might be urban areas. It's hard to tell.
Frezak (GM): The toilet is a mimic.
Can't we compare with your shitmaps?
SHIP: There aren't any squirrels down there.
Apheori (GM): Ah, good point.
The Gravedigger gasps.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, they probably belong to two of the cities - Arish and Meregan. Another twinkly thing appears to be in the middle of the ocean.
Rhu: Huh. That's unusual.
Frezak (GM): I assume Radek is clenching on his seat or something.
PLastered to a window, perhaps.
Rhu: I vote we go investigate the oceanic twinkly.
Frezak (GM): Does the SHIP have some kind of zoom camera thing?
Apheori (GM): Question - what's the check for noticing odd things?
Is there a check for that?
Frezak (GM): Perception.
Apheori (GM): The ship can do lots of things. Ask it.
Rhu: Perception for sensing things, Insight for making sense of things we can already sense.
Ganelon: As if I need windows.
Apheori (GM): How do we have you all roll insight to realise something that might be important?
Gaurav: woo rolls!
Ganelon: Ask and we roll.
Frezak (GM): You just tell us to.
Apheori (GM): But... how do they work?
>.>
Frezak (GM): Okay.
We all roll out Insight skills.
D20+skill.
And you have/make up a ... list.
Of how big a result tells us what.
LIke: 15: the water is wet.
Frezak (GM): 20: the water is a mouth.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: For example: "10 means they can tell the lights are flickering slightly" or something of the sort.
You can have multiple levels or just one number for the single relevant detail.
Apheori (GM): Everyone but Greibel roll insight.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+2
(
5
)
+2
=
7
Frezak (GM): Sure Insight and not perception? >.>
Rhu: The last D&D game I played, a house rule was that any roll of '1' means that something awful happens, and any roll of '20' means that something awesome happens.
rolling 1d20 + 4 insight check
(
16
)
+4
=
20
Apheori (GM): For this, yes.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+1
(
8
)
+1
=
9
Ganelon: 1 means automatic failure, by the book.
Frezak (GM): I'd just like to point out that I have super perception.
Ganelon: Anything beyond failure is up to the DM.
Frezak (GM): I have eagle eyes.
And the logic capacity of a dead fish.
Gaurav: I have +11 on perception
Gan: yeah, but we pushed it to cartoon silliness. Like, a natural 1 on perception and your eye falls out of your skull or something.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so the rest of you may have been noticing something's a little weird about this so far, but Rhu... you realise the ship might be going insane.
Frezak (GM): AWESOME.
Greibel: I am back from the bathroom (and also have pretty good perception I think, I have to get out my sheet)
Gaurav: o.0
Rhu: curses
guys
guys
I think this ship might be going insane.
Apheori (GM): Something about how it wasn't doing anything like this until it got here.
SHIP: Please go on.
Radek: I'm holding the hippie responsible.
Greibel: Oh perception and insight are both nine
Sexy
Also that wasn't in character, curse this UX
It's bringing us down, man!
Rhu: ... insanely good at its job! Great job, SHIP! That tea was great!
SHIP: Would you like me to bring you down?
The Gravedigger: I don't know about the tea.
But I liked the sandwiches.
SHIP, do you have some kind of zoom camera thingy you can do to take a look at the light in the sea?
SHIP: Of course, dear.
The Gravedigger: Without having to dive or anything?
I'm not a great swimmer.
Apheori (GM): The ship zooms in with a screen and you see a bunch of wreckage with a bunch of glowing blobs stuck to it.
Greibel: :O
Frezak (GM): What.
Greibel: Is it a spaceship wreckage or a sea vessel wreckage?
Frezak (GM): Do we roll to identify the blobs?
Ganelon: Yes, I would like to attempt to identify these blobs.
Apheori (GM): Radek recognises it as spaceship blobs.
Er, wreackage.
>.>
Radek: That's a downed ship.
The Gravedigger: Hmmmm.
Frezak (GM): And the blobs?
SHIP: I aspire to that.
Radek: You shouldn't, SHIP.
The Gravedigger: You want to sink?
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll something to recognise the blobs. It's probably technology or something and I don't know what's appropriate.
Also the ship doesn't answer.
Ganelon: Just answer me two questions.
Rhu does a perception check to look for any servicable panels or manuals in the cabin we're in.
Apheori (GM): And it's drifting toward Meregan.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11
(
1
)
+11
=
12
Ganelon: What of the six attributes does it scale off of, and could I be considered trained in this field of study/knowledge?
Apheori (GM): Rhu finds a manual of style.
The Gravedigger: You pour tea into your eyes.
OOC
Frezak (GM): Your eyes are chamomiled.
Rhu: ACK
Apheori (GM): Gan: It's intelligence-related, and you've probably got some experience with it.
Rhu: intensely refreshed, but also burning.
Ganelon: Okay then.
rolling 1d20+10
(
15
)
+10
=
25
(Intelligence mod is 5, training is another 5)
Apheori (GM): They're deformed power cells that seem to have... grown somehow.
And you don't think they
're where they're supposed to be.
Ganelon: Lovely.
Greibel: Perhaps they were an experiment in organic and technological combination?
Gaurav: Is there a standard place a ship like this would have escape pods?
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Not that you can tell.
It's too banged up.
Frezak (GM): Or parachutes? Sheet or grav-brake thingies?
Radek: And those lights are... organic power cells?
Rhu: No, I meant on SHIP.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
This ship.
The bathroom.
Radek: I've never seen them do something like that before.
The Gravedigger: That sounds sort of bad.
SHIP: It looks painful.
Do you know what it's like to not feel pain?
Makes you almost wish you could.
Rhu walks over to the bathroom and has a look at the escape pods.
Apheori (GM): The look like escape pods.
Rhu is just relieved that they're still around.
Greibel sympathizes with the ship in a synesthesia sorts of way
SHIP: Thank you, dear.
The Gravedigger: Can you zoom in on one of the urban light things, SHIP?
Rhu: SHIP: could you please zoom in on the lights in Meregan?
SHIP: Of course, dear.
Apheori (GM): The ship shows you a very bright light that fills the entire screen.
Rhu: Woah!
Greibel: Well that was helpful
Also, way trippy
I should write a psychedelic jam about this
The Gravedigger: Maybe zoom out a little?
Greibel: Ship, put on the light shield thing
Apheori (GM): Now it shows a view of the city. It looks mostly intact, with a couple of lights in some windows.
The Gravedigger: That looks promising.
Apheori (GM): The ship's lights help - now you can see that the city really is mostly intact aside from a couple of missing towers.
The city is also getting a lot bigger.
Frezak (GM): Missing?
Apheori (GM): The tops are gone.
Frezak (GM): Sliced? Ripped off? Blown off? Melted?
Apheori (GM): Sliced.
The Gravedigger: Um. SHIP. Could you stop moving, please?
Apheori (GM): Very, very neatly.
Rhu: Are any of the lights moving or flickering? Or are they all stable?
o.0
Greibel: Wait, this is an ocean city?
Apheori (GM): The lights seem stable.
All the cities are floating on the ocean.
Frezak (GM): Say what now?
SHIP: Of course, dear.
Frezak (GM): Floating on the ocean?
What?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
They're on the water.
Frezak (GM): Raft-cities?
Apheori (GM): Basially.
Frezak (GM): And that's normal?
Apheori (GM): More like really big... barge cities.
For Sarathi, yes.
Greibel: Okay, important question
Ocean planets do exist
Apheori (GM): There is a landmass.
Greibel: Is this a planet in which it's mostly ocean?
Oh okay
Apheori (GM): They ignored it.
Greibel: XD
Rhu: So there are no lights on land (ex floating cities) at all?
(that we can see from up here?)
Apheori (GM): Right.
You're right next to this city now, though, mind.
Rhu: I don't like landing on a city on water. What if we can't get off?
On the other hand, this does look like where the action is.
Apheori (GM): It's not likely to sink unless there's a serious explosion.
And by serious, I mean the entire thing goes out.
It's a common technology you probably grew up around or something.
I dunno.
Rhu: I'm worried about us getting stuck on the city. But that was a question for the party.
Apheori (GM): Though that needn't stop you from being paranoid.
Rhu: It won't.
Greibel: Yeah, we're used to this
Floating cities have been commonplace for hundreds of years
Apheori (GM): Flying cities, too. But those are more expensive.
Frezak (GM): Do we have some way of... telecommanding the ship?
Rhu: Are any of the cities within visual distance from the land mass? Or are they all right in the middle of the sea?
Apheori (GM): You have earpieces that you can use to communicate with each other and with the ship. Or you will if you pick them up.
We'll need to sort out inventory when you get off.
They all look pretty far out to sea on the map.
It's hard to tell they scales, though.
the
SHIP: I miss squirrels.
Rhu: Sigh. I guess we should land on one of the cities, then. Maybe Meregan? The one we're hovering over at the mo'?
The Gravedigger: ANy reason why not?
Rhu: SHIP: Tell me more about squirrels?
SHIP: I can land you near a complete lack of squirrels.
Greibel: Yes, I too would like to learn about these "squirrels"
SHIP: They're nice, you know.
These squirrels.
Fuzzy little things.
Burrow into the skulls of humans and eat their brains.
Rhu: Because it's a city on water. I don't like cities on water. That's a terrible idea. But it seems to be our gate straight into ... whatever is going on here.
SHIP: A Nadri invention, I believe.
Bear Soup Guy: Is it okay if I invite someone in here to watch our game?
SHIP: Do you know any Nadri?
Radek: They /would/ do something like that.
Rhu steps backwards until he can see the escape pods from where he's standing.
SHIP sighs lengthily.
Apheori (GM): There's a bit of a bump as the ship lands on one of the city's parking lots.
Bear Soup Guy: I don't think I care.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie dokie
It's Kip, by the way
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: He's intrigues by space hippies
Rhu gets the fuck off the shop, pausing only to grab one of the earphones.
Rhu: ship, not shop
Bear Soup Guy: Uh oh, how do I invite people?
Apheori (GM): Send him the link, I think.
GUYS. INVENTORY.
Ganelon: Yes.
Okay, so I need my tools.
The Gravedigger: I have... Lots of stuffs.
Frezak (GM): Shit.
OOC
Bear Soup Guy: I have some thing I don't know how to use
things*
Apheori (GM): OOC?
Oh.
Frezak (GM): Most of my gear is on my Journal.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Ganelon: Yeah, look at my journal as well.
Bear Soup Guy: That didn't work so somebody add KipTardis89@gmail.com to the thing or something
Rhu: I have my maul and handgun. An amulet with a maze insignia is my implement and hangs around my neck. I am wearing cloth armour.
Bear Soup Guy: If that's a thing
Ganelon: There's only one thing not listed there, and that's whatever I require to do alchemy and other such pursuits.
Rhu: Plus the Adventurer's Kit.
Frezak (GM): I'll just need to know what... Company things we get. Gun, earpiece, map ?
Apheori (GM): Radio thingies (earpiece), sidearms that are supposed to shoot lasers (you can leave those on the ship, though, if you don't want them), flashlights,
At least one of you will have a projection map and a tablet computery thing.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm going to go to the store to buy more beer and catch up when I get back
Also add that kip guy
So
Gaurav: Can we take a full Adventurer's Kit each? That includes rope, torches (i.e. flashlights), and a bunch of other useful things.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you should probably each have one of those too.
Ganelon: Dibs on the computer.
Greibel is struck with a case of debilitating diarrhea, most likely from some hallucinogen Rhu gave him that he didn't trust to use on himself
Gaurav: o.0
Apheori (GM): And some dried food, water, a couple flashdrive type things...
Frezak (GM): I have trail rations, light items, a grappling hook, rope, bag, more bag, bottles, bed roll and my weaponry.
(Shovel, spade, armour, shield)
(handaxes)
Apheori (GM): And you all have these fancy jackets that are supposed to deflect energy weapons, but are three sizes too small for some reason.
Gaurav: Okay, my inventory is in my character bio as well now.
Frezak (GM): Can we use them as hats?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): Or split them open and use them as cloaks?
Apheori (GM): Or that.
Frezak (GM): So if some shoots lasers we all just turn our backs on them?
Synchronised?
Apheori (GM): You could probably give yours to a smaller character, to.
Snrk.
Frezak (GM): That's a point.
Ganelon: "Squad! About-face!"
Frezak (GM): Anyone want a laser-proof jacket thing?
Ganelon: "Show them your backs!'
Frezak (GM): SHOW THEM THE SKIN OF YOUR BUTTS, MEN
SHIP: I am so depressed.
The Gravedigger: Still the Squirrel thing?
SHIP: There never even were any squirrels.
Rhu: I'm sorry to hear that, SHIP. (to others) Does anybody know how to undepress a ship?
... did anybody know ships could get depressed? Because I didn't.
The Gravedigger: I don't know anything about ships.
I spent the last century digging holes.
Ganelon: I suppose I would know that?
What's the answer, though?
Rhu: I was punching people. They were worth punching, but ... I wish I'd stopped to learn more about ships.
Apheori (GM): Ships don't normally get depressed unless they're damaged.
Frezak (GM): Uh-oh.
Apheori (GM): And normally if that happens they check with the cloud and there's an alert and you're alerted.
Except this didn't happen.
Rhu: Huh.
Apheori (GM): And suddenly this occurs to you.
Frezak (GM): Occurs to WHO?
Apheori (GM): Gan's guy.
Frezak (GM): The techie people?
Rhu: I just want to double-check that I am in fact standing outside the ship at this point.
Frezak (GM): Must be tough to be the smart guy.
Radek: I'll check it for damage before we leave the surface.
Apheori (GM): You're standing by the door. The ship hasn't opened it yet.
The Gravedigger: Damage?
SHIP: You think I'm damaged.
That there is something WRONG with me.
The Gravedigger: I NEVER SAID THAT
I LIKE YOUR SANDWICHES
SHIP: He did.
Thank you.
Radek: Yes, my dear, and you're confirming that suspicion rather handily.
SHIP: I think you should leave now.
Radek: I intended to.
The Gravedigger: Oh, don't mind him.
He's a grumpy old man.
SHIP: Take your diarrhetic friend and go.
Radek: I'm the only person here who knows what he's talking about.
The Gravedigger: ONly because we're not talking about holes.
Rhu helps Greibel to his feet and limps with him towards to the door
The Gravedigger: If we were talking about holes, /I/'d be the smart person here.
Apheori (GM): The ship's door slams open and almost sucks Rhu out.
Roll a thingy if you fall on your face.
The Gravedigger: Hey, SHIP! That wasn't very nice.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+7 acrobatics check to not fall on my face
(
11
)
+7
=
18
Ganelon: Untrained in acrobatics and no dexterity, so +0.
Apheori (GM): Gan falls on his face.
Er, Ry...
Whatever.
Frezak (GM): I thought it sucked Rhu out.
Apheori (GM): Almost.
Frezak (GM): Since he was at the door with Greibel?
Ganelon: Oh, I thought that was all of us.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Ganelon: My apologies.
Rhu: Am I outside the ship yet?
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Are you all outside?
Rhu kisses the ground
Apheori (GM): The ship is giving you the silent treatment.
The Gravedigger: Keep safe, SHIP!
Frezak (GM): And I'll plod out and just pick Greibel up.
Hang him over my shoulder.
Rhu: (to Radek) Do you think SHIP will be okay?
Frezak (GM): LIke a sack of hippie potatoes.
Apheori (GM): Radek: It occurs to you that the ship might leave without you.
Heee, hippy potatos.
Ganelon: Who designs a space ship with enough autonomy to leave its crew behind?
The Gravedigger: And don't let any strange men bury you!
That would make me sad.
Apheori (GM): Kanatans (kanai).
Gaurav: Somebody who thinks the ship is worth more than its crew.
The Gravedigger: If someone came and buried you.
Apheori (GM): You should probably check in.
And, uh, report the situation.
Radek probably has a thingy.
Frezak (GM): Out of ship earshot.
Apheori (GM) is helpful.
Frezak (GM): How frequently are we expected to report?
Rhu: Wouldn't the ship have to transmit the message, though? Or do we have independent ways to transmit messages into space?
Apheori (GM): Every so often, or if and when you find anything interesting.
Rhu: SHIP is depressed. I think that qualifies as "interesting".
Apheori (GM): The ship would act as a relay (unless you use something in the city, but that may be broken).
But the ship won't necessarily be able to listen in.
It just need to be in range.
Rhu: Oh! Good.
Apheori (GM): So. Transmit something!
Rhu looks around to see where we've landed.
Apheori (GM): You're in a parking lot. There are some other ships, a couple of which seem to be totalled.
There are various large buildings around.
Ganelon: Okay, so I just need to know something right now.
Frezak (GM): Space ships or atmospheric ships,
*?
Apheori (GM): Both.
And a motorboat.
Frezak (GM): MOTORBOAT
DIBS
Ganelon: Are the designs of any race other than Nissai (his own) something Radek should have respect for?
Or are they all crazy enough to make talking ships that can get offended?
Apheori (GM): Oh, they all are; most just usually don't.
Rhu looks around for some sort of board or signpost which might tell us where we are, like a big sign telling us we're in "Carpark at Evanstone and Mayfair" or something
Apheori (GM): Some of these are nice, some not so nice. Most look like fairly middle-class vessels, not very long-rang or anything.
Apparently it's the East-South Lot, open 22 hours.
Rhu: hah
Radek: I didn't learn to build machines so that I would later be forced to reason with them.
Rhu: any clue which two hours its closed for?
Frezak (GM): How far is the nearest lighted building?
Radek: If something is wrong with our ship - besides how it was made in the first place - I'm sure I can find out.
Apheori (GM): You aren't even sure how many hours are in the Sarathi day.
Rhu: Oooh, right, the lights. Yes.
Apheori (GM): You can't actually see any of the lights from here, though.
The Gravedigger: What, you think something fiddled with it, Radek?
Frezak (GM): But we'd have an idea.
Apheori (GM): You think one of them might have been on the other side of the nearby round one, though.
Frezak (GM): Sounds like a place to be.
Rhu: I wouldn't. I had my eyes closed for most of the time after the ship started getting depressed. Don't like ships. Especially depressed ships.
Radek: I'm not making any guesses until I've had a look. Recent events suggest that a look is necessary, that's all.
Apheori (GM): Report in first.
Or don't, but say you ain't.
Rhu: Radek: can you do the report? I think you've got the tablet-computer thing.
"make the report" even
The Gravedigger: Yeah. Do that thing.
I'm gonna check out this motorboat.
The Gravedigger makes "brrrrm brrrrm" noises.
Ganelon: I shall do the thing.
Frezak (GM): DO THE THING
Ganelon: What does this involve?
Apheori (GM): It looks like a rather nice, but broken motorboat.
Frezak (GM): How broken?
Apheori (GM): Gan: You call in, tell them what you found.
You don't have any data to send, so just call.
Rhu: Things to report: lights randomly spread over the planet.
Ganelon: Right then.
Apheori (GM): There's a large hole in the bottom.
Frezak (GM): Neat or ragged?
Rhu: We have landed in Meregan after our ship started acting ... unhappy.
Ganelon: Who/what am I calling? Does the company have a name or is "The Company" its name?
Rhu: There are spaceships and airships abandoned here. We'll report back when we have more.
Apheori (GM): It looks like someone punched an armoured fist through it.
You have a number.
And everyone just calls it the company, apparently.
Ganelon: Alright, I'll call this number.
Rhu walks over to Gravy and admires the hole in his motorboat
Frezak (GM): What kind of hole is it?
Smooth or ragged? If ragged, punched from above or below?
Apheori (GM): Ragged. Above.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Apheori (GM): Gan: A secretary answers and responds very cluelessly.
The Gravedigger: This looks weird.
Are the other ships broken too?
Radek: Yes, hello, this is the genius speaking.
Apheori (GM): Go look.
Secretary: Are you calling for one?
Sorry, what?
Radek: You hired me to investigate the cataclysm of Sarathi. This is a report.
Secretary: Oh, right, of course!
We still needed to get you set up in our computers, but it should all be in order now.
Secretary gives instructions on how to send the notes directly into the database.
Secretary: Just hit the button when you're done and it'll all update.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay I'm back
Are we still in the ship?
Radek: Marvelous. We've already landed and I'll be taking readings before the day is finished, but first, our ship has been behaving strangely.
Frezak (GM): I'll go look at the other ships.
No, we're just outside.
Secretary: That's terrible! Include it in the report.
Is there anything else you need?
Ganelon: Oh, what, she doesn't want to hear about my problems personally?
Greibel staggers outside, keeping his legs apart as much as possible
Ganelon: I'm playing an old person. This will not do.
Greibel: I don't hate you Rhu, I just wish you would've warned me
Apheori (GM): You get the idea the company isn't the best organised.
Frezak (GM): I may not be an engineer.
I may not be a mechanic.
I may not be a metallurgist.
IF THERE'S ONE THING I KNOW.
IT'S HOLES.
Radek: Yes, I would like to register a complaint.
Apheori (GM): Since they didn't set it up properly.
Greibel: Wait, it was Radek
Apheori (GM): The ship locked you out.
Greibel: Radek is the other kind-of hippie
Radek gave me some diarrhea drugs
Secretary: What kind of complaint?
Rhu: Yes. All I smoke are cigarettes.
Secretary: Did I hear someone mention drugs?
Radek: The rest of the crew that I've been saddled with are some of the most aggravating people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
The Gravedigger: That's not very nice.
Greibel: One love, man
Greibel whinces
Secretary: I'm sorry, this doesn't fall under any of the designated categories for appropriate complaints.
Radek: Well, it should!
Secretary: Is there anything else?
Greibel: Who is this secretary person?
Rhu: Can we file a complaint against the inadequate complaint categories?
(I say to Radek, not the secretary)
Apheori (GM): Radek called in to make a report.
Got a secretary, found out they were supposed to be using an app to add them directly to the database and that it hadn't been set up yet when they left.
Radek: Yes. My legs are quite tired and your bloody ship has flown off in a state of depression. No doubt I'll need to walk everywhere to get this job done, now.
I expect no less than a significant increase in salary for this affront.
Secretary: I am terribly sorry about that.
You have a nice day, now.
Secretary hangs up.
Radek: Hrmph.
Rhu: Wait, SHIP hasn't taken off yet, has it? It's still here, just unhappy and with a locked door?
Apheori (GM): Hasn't taken off, no.
Ganelon: I thought it took off.
Oh, my bad.
Change it to "locked us out" then.
Apheori (GM): Meh, you can say whatever you want, no?
Ganelon: Well yeah, but just because I'm quite possibly becoming senile doesn't mean I'm a compulsive liar.
Rhu: I think we should investigate SHIP before we go in search of the lights. It might tell us something about what's going on.
Frezak (GM): Of course he can make things up.
He's making a report.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, check it for external power cells >.>
Greibel: Woah woah
Frezak (GM): Though I want to check out other ships in the parking lot.
Greibel: This is so Lynchian
Rhu pretends to be investigating the ship but clearly has no idea what I'm doing.
Greibel: Do you think SHIP is holding out on us?
The Gravedigger: Don't be silly.
It gave us sandwiches.
Bad people don't give sandwiches.
Frezak (GM): So, yeah.
Examining shipses.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The ship looks normal.
Rhu: This looks like a normal ship to me.
Greibel: Oh okay
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Other ships look fairly normal too. You find one with a hole in it.
Greibel: I can never tell from the hallucinations
Apheori (GM): Like in the boat.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
What's the... ground like? Dusty?
Rhu: Greibel: are you any good at technology?
Frezak (GM): By any chance?
Apheori (GM): What the heck is religion?
Greibel: Rhu: let me check
Frezak (GM): What?
Rhu: Radek: maybe you should give the ship a once over? I wouldn't get on board, though, it's liable to take off at any moment.
Bear Soup Guy: Uh...what are the stats that say if I'm good at technology
I assume I'm not because hippie dirt man and stuff
Radek: Yes, yes. Coming.
Frezak (GM): Intelligence.
ANd the DM telling you if you're trained.
Apheori (GM): You're okay with technology, but not very good.
Ganelon: Shall I roll for this?
Apheori (GM): You're a stoned druid.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
Greibel: I'm a stoned druid Rhu
I can log onto Facebook but don't expect much more than that
Bear Soup Guy: Also guys
Frezak (GM): I will check SHIP for holes.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Sure.
Bear Soup Guy: Somebody invite KipTardis89@gmail.com to the thing
He really wants to watch us dick around
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
17
)
+10
=
27
How's SHIP feeling?
Apheori (GM): Digger: Roll too.
Frezak (GM): https://app.roll20.net/join/276367/h3A2Bg
This.
Give him that.
rolling 1D20+8
(
1
)
+8
=
9
haaaag
Bear Soup Guy: Okie doke
SHIP dumps fluid on Gravy.
The Gravedigger: Hey! That's not nice at all!
Apheori (GM): You don't find any holes.
Radek chuckles to himself.
Apheori (GM): Radek: There seems to be some odd burning on the side. It looks like you might have passed through a field of... bad stuff.
Energy stuff.
Apheori (GM) gestures vaguely.
Ganelon: Looks like DAMAGE?
Apheori (GM): Portentially.
Could also be a normal result of space flight.
Things often get burned and crap, but you don't think this is the case.
Frezak (GM): Is the burn where a power cell might located near?
Radek: There's some kind of abnormal damage over here...
Apheori (GM): Those are more in back.
Greibel looks on in bewilderment
The Gravedigger: Not a HOLE, is it?
Rhu: There might be a fire extinguisher on board, but if you think I'm taking my feet off semi-solid land, you are sadly mistaken.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Ganelon: I don't suppose my magical talents would come in handy identifying the sort of energy, hm?
Apheori (GM): You could try.
Ganelon: I will try.
Apheori (GM): Magic and energy go together.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
20
)
+10
=
30
Gaurav: WOAH
Ganelon: Wow, I'm doing great today.
Frezak (GM): THE CURSE IS COMING, GAN.
Apheori (GM): Dammit, that means I need to figure out what it was myself. >.>
Frezak (GM): RADEK IS DOOOMED.
Ganelon: I know. It harrows me with fear and wonder.
Mostly fear.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: ROLL!
Gaurav: Oh crap, Frezak's right. Don't roll all your high numbers out at once!
DM: you could redirect the natural 20 to something else if you need to, like have Radek see something in one of the buildings or something. I think.
Greibel: OH SORRY
Just roll a normal d20?
Apheori (GM): Radek: It looks like the sort of scouring that results from improper portal creation, like part of the hull went through a dimensional shift and burned slightly.
Yes.
Frezak (GM): Crumbs.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
XD
Apheori (GM): Radek: You also realise there could be much more significant damage inside if this is the case.
Ganelon: Oh my.
Gaurav: Uh oh
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see a squirrel.
Rhu speaks into my earpiece: "SHIP! Look! Squirrel!"
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You didn't see it.
Greibel slowly approaches the squirrel
Rhu: Oh. Never mind then.
Radek: This... could be serious. Internal damage, maybe.
Greibel doesn't wish to explain all the details of communing with nature and the like, but ends up placidly petting the squirrel
Ganelon: Did *we* go through any portals?
Apheori (GM): The squirrel nibbles and stuff, and rubs its head against Greibel's hand.
Gan: Good question.
Did you?
You didn't notice anything at the time, but...
Greibel: Time and space are a cruel mistress, Rhu or Radek or whoever that was
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll again.
Greibel solemn knowingness
Greibel: Roll which>?
Apheori (GM): d20
Greibel: k
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): The squirrel runs off behind some skiffs.
Frezak (GM): We don't see any nearby shops, by any chance?
Greibel: heh heh
Go along little buddy
Apheori (GM): Hmm...
There might be some inside the rounded building.
The others look like office buildings and labs.
Frezak (GM): I will go look at the rounded building.
Radek: Did any of you notice us going through... portals?
Frezak (GM): And see if I can glimpse the light as I do so.
Apheori (GM): It looks like a big rounded building.
The sun is coming up.
Frezak (GM): damn.
Greibel: Every moment of life seems like going through a portal to me
Frezak (GM): DID I notice us going trhough a portal?
Greibel: However if there are shops in those buildings, chances are they're abandoned and we can just take some much needed provsions
Radek: That must be wonderful for you.
Apheori (GM): Rhu noticed some strange static a couple of times on the way down.
He can roll a die if he thinks it matters. Or not.
Rhu: Insight? HIstory?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You noticed nothing.
Frezak (GM): Hm.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Whichever. Either it's worth mentioning or you attribute it to being paranoid and not liking the ship.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+4 insight check
(
18
)
+4
=
22
Apheori (GM): It's worth mentioning, then.
OR so you THINK.
Rhu: I ... thought there was some strange static a couple of times on the way down. It couldn't be that, though, could it? The problem started up in space, before we even came down to his infernal planet.
Also: (to the rising sun) ugh.
THE SUN BEAMS MERRILY.
Apheori (GM): The building
Rhu turns darkly so my back faces the sun, my nemesis, He That Wakes Things In The Morning.
The Gravedigger: Hey, Sun.
Apheori (GM): ´ d doors slide open as Frezak approaches.
The Gravedigger: Awesome.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: Roll a d20.
The Gravedigger: DOORS WORK, GUYS
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
6
)
=
6
Radek: I'll have to take a closer look when we have more time.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): I'll head into the building, then.
Greibel: Be careful though
Gaurav: Btw I should warn you that it's 3:40am here so I'm absolutely definitely must leave soon. Please go on without me! Rhu can trail along behind you guys.
Rhu: Wait! Don't split the party!
Frezak (GM): SHHH.
Greibel: Maybe the doors and other power-using utilities are only operating on residual backup power
Frezak (GM): Bye, Rave.
Apheori (GM): This might be a good place to break, anyhow.
Greibel: We should make the most of every piower-using decisioon
Frezak (GM): gaaah
Radek: Unintentional transportations can't mean anything good. How bad, I'll find out later.
Gaurav: Soon. I can do another 20 mins
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So y'all are going in?
Gaurav: I'm hoping I'll stop then. But I might not.
Bear Soup Guy: I can stay here for several hours if others can
Frezak (GM): It's only 23 here.
Rhu: I'll going in as long as everybody is going in. Otherwise I'm staying out here.
Frezak (GM): Well, Gravy is going right in.
Ganelon: I'll follow.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel is ready to go, although is pretty stoned and recovering from his bathroom incident
Apheori (GM) AWAITS.
THE BUILDING AWAITS.
Apheori (GM): Dammit.
Greibel, roll a d20 as you go in.,
Bear Soup Guy: Where am I going into?
Apheori (GM): Everyone else: You enter the building and wind up in a lobby. It is pleasantly cooled, and smells like peppermint for some reason. There's nobody around.
Everything is shiny.
The building, probably.
Frezak (GM): Desk.
Desk?
Lobby?
Bear Soup Guy: oh okay
d20 then
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Rhu reaches out and touches a wall. "Shiny", he says.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, on the other hand, sees corpses everywhere.
Rhu: Man, I wonder how they kept this place so clean. Not a speck anywhere.
The Gravedigger: It really is.
Rhu: Are there any ways out of this room?
Apheori (GM): Greibel sees Rhu walk through a corpse on the way to the wall.
The Gravedigger: Maybe there's a little robot with a vaccum cleaner thing.
Or a magic dust-killing spell!
Greibel: WOOOOOOAH
WHAT
WHAT
Apheori (GM): There are some stairs up, and some shops/service places off the the sides.
Rhu: Gotta be robots. No other way.
Greibel: Guys, we need to get out of here, right now
Rhu reads the shop l--
Apheori (GM): The lobby also goes as a hall through the place to doors on the other side.
Rhu: What? Why?
The Gravedigger: What, not enough drugs?
Greibel: Look at these people
These were not natural deaths...
The Gravedigger: I'll go check this shop.
Maybe find a city map or something.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: They have a chiropractor!
Radek: What people?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check to see if I can see anything -- I'm not looking for corpses, just ... whatever has Greibel alarmed.
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Apheori (GM): Gravey walks into a bookeyshop.
The Gravedigger cheerfully call "shut up, druggie" over his shoulder.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You smell something weird, like ozone, behind the peppermint.
Frezak (GM): I'll look for mappy things. Or... newspapers.
Or news thigns.
Greibel: Gods dammit Gravedigger!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You also feel like you're missing something important.
Greibel: You may not see the implements of my soul, but you can't tell me you don't see the agonized faces of these tortured corpses!
The Gravedigger: Yes I can!
Rhu carefully looks at all the shops, one by one.
Greibel: Radek! You can see this! Can't you?
Apheori (GM): The books are all collectors' editions of famous works.
Greibel: You know the pain of perception!
Frezak (GM): Bah.
I'll try to find a shop that might have news things.
Greibel shakes Radek by the shoulders
Rhu: Guys. Something's not right.
I can't put my finger on it.
Ganelon: I suppose I'll have a look.
Rhu: It's ... not the cleanliness.
Ganelon: Perception?
Rhu: What's that smell?
Rhu walks up to the chiropractor and looks in the window
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Greibel: Rhu, that is the smell of DEATH
Frezak (GM): Perception on smells
rolling 1D20+8
(
16
)
+8
=
24
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You too.
Rhu laughs
Rhu: I'm smelled death. That is _not_ death.
I've*
rolling d20
(
2
)
=
2
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Some of the corpses fade out of sight.
Greibel stands in awe
Greibel tries to remember his teachings
Apheori (GM): Frezak: It smells like bad magic. Like that time you tried to bury an illusion.
Radek: Your breath is awful, but I wouldn't describe it as lethal. Get off of me.
Greibel slowly calms
Frezak (GM): Hey, guys!
The Gravedigger: Guys!
Guys guys guys!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The glass disappears and you fall through into the shop.
Rhu: What's up, Gravy?
The Gravedigger: This doesn't smell like peppermint.
Rhu Man, this glass is so ---
The Gravedigger: It smells like.... illuuuusion.
Greibel: Everybody, I know I'm an outcast and a substance abuser but listen to me
Rhu falls through glass
The Gravedigger: I tried burying one once.
It was hard.
Radek perks up immediately.
Rhu: Er
Radek: Illusions?!
Rhu: Glass doesn't just ... disappear, does it?
The Gravedigger: I swear on my best shovel.
Greibel: I may be hallucinating, but I saw many dead, lying here as though in repose
The Gravedigger waves his best shovel.
Greibel: These may be the illusions of a madman
Rhu stands up and walks over to Gravy
Greibel: I think they are impartions from a cosmic force beyond our own
Something happened here
Rhu: Something's wrong with the glass. It just ... vanished.
Greibel: And we are tasked to find out what that was
The Gravedigger: That sounds illlusory.
Rhu taps on the glass at the bookstore Gravy is standing outside of.
The Gravedigger: Radek! You can do magic, right?
Do... something?
Greibel: Well, gravedigger, you and I are wont to disagree
but I believe that these corpses did not simply vanish
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna just start poking random things with my shovel.
Greibel: Someone used to live here
Did you not notice the lack of skeletons?
Bodies?
Rotting flesh?
Radek: Of course I can do magic.
Apheori (GM): The Gravedigger pokes a bunch of things with his shovel. They seem like... things.
Greibel: Is this place not immaculately clean for a highly populated area suddenly abandoned?
Apheori (GM): Solid things.
The Gravedigger: Maybe they were all buried, Greibel.
BURIAL IS A THING THAT HAPPENS.
Ganelon: I will do magic.
Frezak (GM): DO MAGIC.
Ganelon: With the intent to remove illusions.
Alright?
Rhu taps the glass outside the bookstore again.
Greibel: Gravedigger I do not deny your skill at burial
Apheori (GM): It's glass.
Greibel: Which is why you must know that burial is a complicated process
Apheori (GM): Gan: Do it.
Greibel: To bury all those alive in this thriving metropolis would take weeks
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
17
)
+10
=
27
Greibel: Much longer than the time since the blackouts
Frezak (GM): Maybe it was someone that was REALLY GOOD at burying.
Rhu: Huh.
Ganelon: I'm so terrified of the first time this is going to fair.
Greibel: And it would leave a societal trace in these buildings not felt now
Ganelon: Fail*
Frezak (GM): That could do lots of people at once!
Apheori (GM): Several dead bodies appear as if out of nowhere, though not nearly as many as Greibel saw before.
The Gravedigger: Maybe it was someone that was REALLY GOOD at burying.
That could do lots of people at once!
Rhu: HOLY CRAP
Greibel: There! Do you see them?!
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Radek: Bloody illusions.
The Gravedigger: Dead people.
IT'S SHOVEL TIME.
Radek: Ask me sooner next time.
Greibel: You called me a fool. I called me a....well a fool also, but still,. I knew what was going on
Apheori (GM): A large fish also rolls down the stairs.
The Gravedigger: hey!
I just called you a druggie.
Frezak (GM): How large?
Apheori (GM): Almost gravedigger-sized.
Rhu: Gah! Fish!
Frezak (GM): WOW.
THAT IS A BIG FISH.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): Anyone in danger of being crushed by the rolling fish?
Rhu: Does the fish smell bad?
Apheori (GM): It smells like a fish, but it's not rotting yet.
It's still coming down the stairs and you all probably saw it.
It's not going very quickly.
Greibel: Gravedigger: I take no offense to your insinuation. It's true after all. However, AHHHHHH FISH
Frezak (GM): RUUUN
Ganelon: A living fish?
The Gravedigger: FLEE
THE FISH HAVE COME
Apheori (GM): It's dead.
Frezak (GM): I will evade the fish.
Apheori (GM): It continues to roll slowly down the stairs.
...it stops at the base.
Frezak (GM): I'll poke it.
Bravely.
Apheori (GM): With your shovel?
Rhu: WAIT
Frezak (GM): No, i'll use my spade for this.
Apheori (GM): The spade pierces the fish's scales.
Rhu: It might be pressurized. Like a sperm whale.
Apheori (GM): It jiggles a bit.
Frezak (GM): WOW.
Apheori (GM): Like a fish.
Frezak (GM): THAT IS A SOGGY FISH.
The Gravedigger: This fish is lacking in structural integrity.
Gaurav: haha
The fish sits there.
The Gravedigger leans near the fish head.
The Gravedigger: HELLO? IS SOMEONE IN THERE?
The fish does nothing.
Frezak (GM): With my 18 Con lungs.
The Gravedigger: I think it's empty, guys.
Frezak (GM): Does the fishflesh look weird at all?
The fish emits a loud belching noise and collapses slightly.
The Gravedigger: It's farting, guys!
Apheori (GM): It looks like fish.
Fairly ordinary.
Rhu: It's how they communicate.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM): Do we know if this size is ordinary for this planet?
Apheori (GM): Greibel or Radek may. Is there a random knowledge skill?
Greibel: RIGHT!
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Rhu: Nature? Streetwise (at a stretch)?
Ganelon: You can't really be trained in random knowledge.
Greibel: Yeah, it might be nature
But more likely a more scientific deal
Apheori (GM): Streetwise or nature. Add whatever's higher and roll.
Ganelon: Nature for sure.
Or Heal.
Rhu: I have a decent nature for some reason. Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Market values for fish is important.
Greibel: Greibel is in tune with nature, and can probably relate to it on most planets, but he's still not very versed beyond his own planet and at first things might be weird to him on other worlds
Ganelon: Heal because it involves medical knowledge.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+6 nature check to examine the fish and recollect information on local fishes
(
4
)
+6
=
10
Apheori (GM): Whatever roll something.
It looks like a fish and seems fairly normal as far as you can tell.
Greibel: Well it's a big fish then
Rhu walks over to the closest corpse and examines that instead.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check to examine corpse
(
16
)
+11
=
27
Greibel: Where do me and, was it Rhu, me and Rhu or Radek or whoever I stayed with come froM?
Apheori (GM): Somewhere else. >.>
Greibel: I ROLLED BEFORE
Rhu: You stayed iwth me, I think.
Apheori (GM): That was something else!
Greibel: Do I need a 20 again?
Being high is hard work
Apheori (GM): Yeah, and add a relevant skill. This is about the fish.
Greibel: Okay I stayed wit Rhu
Oh okay
What about the fish?
What's relevant?
Nature?
Frezak (GM): Why can't I roll Nature?
Rhu: Do a nature check. You're a hippie, that should be your strong suit!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The corpse looks like it might have asphyxiated, but there's no indication how.
Frezak (GM): BECAUSE IT IS A FISH.
Greibel: Nature IS my strong suit
But what am I rolling?
D20 plus nature?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: The dead elf corpse, not the fish.
Rhu was looking at the other bodies.
Greibel: Yeah.
Rhu: This corpse looked like it asphyxiated. Maybe the fish fell on it ... before?
Frezak (GM): Oh.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Radek: Does it smell like fish?
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna go see if there are more fish at the top of the stairs?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: IT doesn't smell like fish.
Rhu smells the corpse he's next to.
Frezak (GM): Maybe there is a fish hive.
Rhu: ...
if there's a Fish King here, I'm leaving.
Apheori (GM): The gravedigger goes up the stairs.
Gravedigger: Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): Okay.
You come to the top of the stairs and find more shops and offices and things.
There aren't any bodies or fish, but there are some potted plants.
Frezak (GM): Wait.
Was the fish... damp?
Greibel: Sorry my roll thing
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Frezak (GM): A dry fish?
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20 + 11
(
7
)
+11
=
18
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Damn.
Frezak (GM): Can I seek the smell of fish? To see how far it goes on this level?
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Greibel: Apparently the smell is pretty weak...
Frezak (GM): NOSTRIL POWER.
Apheori (GM): The fish moved through the air! The air has smell!
Rhu: Everywhere probably smells like fish now.
Apheori (GM): And the gravedigger follows the smell into a nearby shop.
...which is missing.
Rhu: Gravy: don't go too far! Guys: we should go up after him.
Apheori (GM): The floor inside just gives way to open air outside the building.
The Gravedigger: GUYS. THE FISH SMELL COMES FROM A SHOP WITH A BIG HOLE.
Apheori (GM): (The door is open.)
Bear Soup Guy: Uh-oh...
Rhu walks up the stairs after Gravy.
Frezak (GM): I'll peek out and see if there are nay fish crawling up the wall.
Bear Soup Guy: Domestic violence upstairs....maybe
Apheori (GM): No fish appear to be crawling up the wall.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Ganelon: I've got no reason to stick around on the lower level.
Bear Soup Guy: Hold on, I'm gonna call someone
Ganelon: I'll head up.
Frezak (GM): GHOSTBUSTERS
Apheori (GM): Gan: Roll a d20.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Apheori (GM): You see some strange shimmering in the air as you go up the stairs, but it disappears when you pass.
Frezak (GM): Maybe you should try to dissilude every new place.
Ganelon: I suspect illusions, yeah.
Apheori (GM) giggles.
Frezak (GM): Can i try to smell more illusions? And would I have a bonus for knowing the smell i'm looking for?
Apheori (GM): No bonus, but yes.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
10
)
+8
=
18
My trusty nose.
Always up for some nasality.
Apheori (GM): You can't tell one way or another.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
The Gravedigger: I can't smell any illllluuuusions over this fish smell. Sorry, guys.
Ganelon: I see everything the same way he does, right? Same shop with a hole and all that?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Rhu: We need to assume that everything is illusory here.
Ganelon: I'll start by putting a foot down past where the floor would normally be.
Rhu carefully edges along the wall.
The Gravedigger: WAIT.
Frezak (GM): I will poke the ground with my spade.
Apheori (GM): Your foot stops where the floor would be.
Frezak (GM): And push the skinny old man away.
Rhu: ... huh
Apheori (GM): The spade, however, goes through without resistence.
Rhu: HUH
Ganelon: More grumbling about illusions ensues.
The Gravedigger: Waht.
This is perplexing.
Frezak (GM): I'll pull out an axe.
Ganelon: Do you know what it means to "take 5" in D&D, Apheori?
Apheori (GM): Nope!
Frezak (GM): And drop it onto the space where the shovel went through.
Bear Soup Guy: Sorry about that I had to call 911 about domestic violence
Literally
Frezak (GM): What.
Ganelon: Spend 5 in-game minutes to do a skill check with a fixed roll of 10.
Frezak (GM): I thought you were talking about fish.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: Hopefully it wasn't the woman doing it. They'll arrest the man.
Bear Soup Guy: And I'm also drunk
Frezak (GM): WHOOOO
Bear Soup Guy: No it's the man
Apheori (GM): Good.
Gaurav: RAHB: Ouch. Hope things turn out well.
Bear Soup Guy: I've heard indications the man is a shithole but never anthing evident enough
Apheori (GM): Okay, so the axe clatters and lands on nothing.
Ganelon: Also, my bad, it's called taking 10.
Apheori (GM): Ganelon: Hmm.
Bear Soup Guy: I think they're lulled into enough of a sense of security now where they feel I won't repot anytthing
Aaaaaaaaand my typijng is shot
Ganelon: I can just *not* do it if you prefer.
Gaurav: Ganelon: What's a "fixed roll of 10"?
Apheori (GM): You can do it with some things.
Not others.
Ganelon: As in, rather than a 1d20, it's just 10.
Bear Soup Guy: Right so they won't trace it to me and stuff so
Ganelon: But it takes time to do.
Bear Soup Guy: Back to playing I gues
Apheori (GM): Gan: If you do it, Greibel has to roll a sanity check.
Frezak (GM): I'll take my axe back.
Greibel: Give me a reader's digest of what happened, I had an acid flachback
Gaurav: BSG: take care, dude.
Frezak (GM): And be perplexed.
Ganelon: I'll pass for now.
And just do the more immediate un-illusioning.
Rhu: Greibel: Gravy followed the fish smell up to the second floor and into a storefront which, ah, doesn't exist.
Frezak (GM): Flashcast that shit, dude.
Bear Soup Guy: Nah I ain't leaving
Ain't much I can do
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
11
)
+10
=
21
Apheori (GM): What was the last thing you saw?
Bear Soup Guy: 911 was cool about it though. hell they're probably here now for all I know
Rhu: Radek stepped into the non-existent storefront and his foot made contact with an invisible floor.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh that's cool
Rhu: We are now investigating the nature of this invisible floor. And rolling sanity checks. Which are a bad, bad sign.
Apheori (GM): Radek casts the thingy and it seems to... not entirely work. Nothing really happens. On the other hand, he does notice that the shop is partially there. Sort of.
Greibel: I mean, Oh that's far out
Apheori (GM): If he looks at it right.
Greibel: Shop Of Illusions!
The Gravedigger rolls his shoulders.
The Gravedigger: Okay, guys, stand back.
Let's sort this thing out.
Frezak (GM): okay, so.
Rhu: Two options: we could hold one end of the rope and let someone else walk into this non-shop shop with the other end.
Or two: Greibel turns himself into a spider and does the same thing, but with silk.
Frezak (GM): My encounter power, 'roots of stone', creates a burst of rippling earth.
Rhu: (there might be other options)
Frezak (GM): I would like to use that power to shake up the shop floor.
Rhu: oooh
Frezak (GM): See if we can break the illusion Gravy-style.
Ganelon: By breaking the floor?
Rhu: Might it cause bits of the floor to break? If some break and some are invisible, things could get ... complicated.
Ganelon: Yeah, I think Radek will stand back at this proposition.
Frezak (GM): Just the edge, where it looks broken.
Greibel: I will totally turn into a spiderr
Rhu: Can Greibel turn himself into a hummingbird and go ... hover over things?
WAIT
Greibel: If that's what needs to happen because spiderrs seriously give me quite a rush
Rhu: Can we ask SHIP to fly over and hover outside the building? And use its sensors to poke at the invisible shop?
Frezak (GM): I think it's sulking.
Radek: Now if only you could turn into a productive member of society.
Ganelon: (My own opinion of Greibel is significantly higher)
Apheori (GM): Hee.
The Gravedigger: Seriously.
I'm up for breaking this shit.
Ganelon: I did sign on for playing the mean old guy, though.
Frezak (GM): We're only one floor up.
I can take that fall, no problem.
Apheori (GM): There's a significantly longer drop.
Frezak (GM): What?
Apheori (GM): The lot, it turns out, was several floors up. Underneath the lack of shop there are some other towers and ocean.
Frezak (GM): Ah.
Anything we can tie me to?
A nice pillar, for instance?
Apheori (GM): A handrail on a wall nearby.
Aren't any pillars.
Rhu: o.0
Frezak (GM): Does it look like it would hold my weight?
Apheori (GM): A couple of stakes in the ground.
Rhu: I suggest we tie the lightest member of the party on to you.
Apheori (GM): It could.
Frezak (GM): How much of a could?
Rhu: Anything on the ceiling? A ceiling fan hook?
Ganelon: ...What good would that do?
Frezak (GM): I am really heavy.
Apheori (GM): There's also a bridge a few feet away above where the shop had been, if you can grapple it.
Or maybe go to it the next floor up.
Frezak (GM): Well, I have 50 feet of rope.
Anyone with an adventurer kit has the same.
And I HAVE a grappling hook.
Rhu: We can also tie you with multiple ropes. But I still think we should get Greibel to do the flying-animal-or-insect thing.
Frezak (GM): Sure, if he can.
Rhu: it's safer, simpler, and -- given that BSG is drunk -- much more amusing.
unless the entire room collapses or something
Frezak (GM): If the DM says yes, sounds safer.
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Frezak (GM): TURN INTO A PIGEON.
A HUNTING PIGEON OF PREY.
Gaurav: haahaha
Bear Soup Guy: Okay sorry I did other thingd
Should I turn into a flying animal?
Frezak (GM): yeah,and poke around.
Gaurav: What about dragonfly? Excellent hovering capability, dragonflies.
Apheori (GM): Mass conversion.
Remember mass conversion.
Frezak (GM): A swarm of pigeons.
Frezak (GM): A SWARM.
OF PIGEONS.
A ROYAL PIGEON SWARM.
Frezak (GM): DO IT NOW.
Rhu: That is the best idea anybody has ever had ever
Frezak (GM): NOW.
Rhu: I am in awe
I need to sit down
Rhu sits down against the wall opposite the "shopfront"
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Roll a d20
Bear Soup Guy: I can't turn into swarms because I'm not trained in stuff
Rhu: Crap
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Bear Soup Guy: But I'll totally turn into a finch or somethintg
Frezak (GM): Sure you can.
Swarm druids are just better at it.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): IF YOU DO NOT TURN INTO A PIGEON SWARM I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOU EAT YOUR LEGS.
Gaurav: 0.0
Bear Soup Guy: oh okay
So I can do swarm but I'm not great at it but that's mostly a combat thing
Frezak (GM): yarr.
Greibel turns into a swarm of pigeons
Frezak (GM): WHOOOO
Apheori (GM): Several of the pigeons immediately fly into the wall and fall on the ground, dazed.
The Gravedigger: HOLY FUCK, GUYS.
GREIBEL JUST GOT EATEN BY PIGEONS.
Rhu rubs my eyes
Rhu: err, his eyes
Greibel: WHAT NO I AM PIGEONS
Frezak (GM): That is the best line yet, BSG.
Greibel: +D
Ganelon: I have no comment other than this one, to tell you that I am amused.
Bear Soup Guy: As am I
I have to take a minute to order some e-liquid and the I am completely devoted to this
Frezak (GM): Can we find tins of soup or paint or flour or some liquid or powder in any of the shops?
Apheori (GM): So what'll you have this swarm of pigeons do? Dance?
Gaurav: e-liquid?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Some of them might have some.
Do you search?
Frezak (GM): I will go look for such a thing.
Apheori (GM): Okay. You find some.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Apheori (GM): Paint and floor cleaner.
Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
9
)
=
9
Apheori (GM): Okay.
You come back with paint and floor cleaner and notice nothing odd.
Aside from the swarm of pigeons.
Frezak (GM): Once the pigeons have cleared, I want to throw paint all over the inside of the mysterious shop.
Apheori (GM): Since the pigeons are just swarming, perhaps you might as well do it now. >.<
Frezak (GM): Sure.
GO, PAINT.
Apheori (GM): You dump paint on where the floor should be.
Some of the paint hits the floor and spreads, showing where it is.
Some of it goes right through it.
Some of it hits, spreads, and then suddenly falls.
The Gravedigger: oh. Crap.
Apheori (GM): You also get some paint on a chair.
Rhu: Why did it do that? And why does it work with paint, and not with spades?
The Gravedigger: You mentioned portals, Radek?
Apheori (GM): It's INVISIBLE.
Rhu: ...
oh crap
The Gravedigger: I think this place is all phasing.
It's.. going between places.
Radek: I have to agree.
The Gravedigger: Things are real and not real.
Both.
its... SCHRODINGER'S SHOP.
Shit's fucked up.
Radek slaps the Gravedigger across the back of the head.
Frezak (GM): can you reach?
My head?
Apheori (GM): If he jumps, sure.
Radek: That isn't how Shrodinger's experiment worked.
Frezak (GM): Also you might as well punch a wall.
The Gravedigger: Maybe you should tell the Company this.
I have made a discovery.
Tell them i'm super smart.
Radek: Valman was the first one to perform in-depth studies into the nature of phasing and other dimensional instabilities.
Hmph.
The Gravedigger: I DISCOVERY ABOUT HERE.
GO DO THE TALKING THING.
Radek: Bah! Fine!
Ganelon: These are just written reports, right?
Frezak (GM): Else I will make a lung attack Vs Fort.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, basically.
Frezak (GM): hey, can we record a video?
Apheori (GM): It's like this app where you fill in some fields and put notes.
Frezak (GM): And have me dump the other stuff?
Apheori (GM): You can record a video.
Frezak (GM): And smile and wave?
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Frezak (GM): because I totally want to do that now.
Rhu: :)
Ganelon: Let's do that.
Frezak (GM): I will.
I'll be waving and grinning and pointing at myself and the floor.
Gaurav: Remember when I said I should really go to bed? Because it was a quarter to 3? That was an hour and ten minutes ago.
So once this video is recorded I am outta here.
Frezak (GM): Oops >.>
Gaurav: Feel free to keep going -- this stuff is awesome! I can read the transcript afterwards.
No no I said it was a quarter to 4 and it is now a quarter to 5. I dub tomorrow Coffee Day.
Ganelon: I wouldn't mind stopping afterwards. It's not exactly too late for me to stay up, but I you needn't miss out and I do have other things I could do.
Bear Soup Guy: I came back and read the stuff but now I'm running back to the ship for the bathroom
Gaurav: I'm also gone all the way 'til Dec 30, so if you're going to play before then, you'll have to do it without me anyway. I really don't mind! The transcripts are going to be awesome.
Apheori (GM): One of you may want to mention how there are probably bathrooms here.
Frezak (GM): No, not really.
I'm busy doing science.
Rhu: (mutters) Don't split the party ... (loudly, to Greibel) THERE MIGHT BE A LOO IN HERE SOMEWHERE
Apheori (GM): The Gravedigger doing science. This is awesome.
The Gravedigger: QUIET.
I AM DOING SCIENCE.
Rhu: Man, we could not have picked a better building for Gravy to ply his trade. IT'S ALL HOLES!
The Gravedigger: is the thing recording yet?
Rhu looks for the red light
Radek: Go ahead.
The Gravedigger waves at the camera thing.
The Gravedigger then splashes the stuff over the floor.
Rhu: So unless the secretary is yet another in a series of illusions, we've now achieved something nobody else has, which is that we landed and sent back a message without dying first.
Frezak (GM): And waving and pointing excitedly.
Apheori (GM): The floating paint, including the stuff on the floor, all falls through at once.
Frezak (GM): Also smiling a lot.
Radek: Hm..
The Gravedigger: THIS IS HOLE SCIENCE.
Apheori (GM): On the chair, I mean.
Radek: Quiet down, they can hear you just fine.
Frezak (GM): I want to unwind some rope, tie an handaxe to it, and swing it around the room to see if it hooks around the chair.
Rhu leans over to see if I can see wehre the paint has fallen to
Apheori (GM): Most of it seems to have hit a roof below.
The rest probably went in the ocean.
Rhu: ... why would you build a roof before a room? Even an invisible room?
Can we see the sky through the "top" of the room?
Apheori (GM): IT'S A FUTURE CITY THING.
Frezak (GM): FUTURE.
Apheori (GM): FUTURE.
Gaurav: haha. The stylish thing is to have a roof below a floor below a roof below a floor.
Apheori (GM): Rob: Roll a d20.
Gaurav: It's how you know you've arrived.
Bear Soup Guy: THE ECIG GUYS CHARGE A LOT FOR SHIPPING AND THEN ALSO I READ STUFF
Radek: We believe this space to be part of a dimensional instability of some sort.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh me roll a d20
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Apheori (GM): Damn you.
Radek: The floor seems to be changing states between tangible and intangible constantly.
Gaurav: "It's a creepy floor", Rhu adds helpfully.
The Gravedigger: It's here and not.
THis is going to make moving around here very difficult.
Because of holes.
Greibel: We just have to perceive man
Gaurav: This is going to be a minority opinion, but how do we know this isn't some kookie "illusion for the paying public" stunt this mall was doing? Maybe we should go back and focus on the dead guys?
Greibel: It will be hard but valuable
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Your guy should mention that.
Greibel: You have no idea how happy Gravy is.
This is all he hoped and more.
All he needs now is some to bury.
Gaurav: oops, sorry
Frezak (GM): OOPS
SOORY.
Bear Soup Guy: Guarav: The paying public generally doesn't want to be fooled though
Frezak (GM): I stole Greibel >.>
Radek: That will be in the report.
Rhu: Wait a minute. how do we know this isn't some kookie "illusion for the paying public" stunt this mall was doing? Maybe we should go back and focus on the dead guys?
Bear Soup Guy: This seems like more than just a gimmick
The Gravedigger: Yes, dead guys!
I'll dig a hole.
Frezak (GM): Actually.
I could tell how long they've been dead.
Bear Soup Guy: OH NO I WAS STOLEN
That was odd
Apheori (GM): Excellent idea.
Rhu: That's true, but ... maybe a crazy scientist did a thing. Maybe another Gravedigger was researching advanced digging, or something. We don't know that this weird room has anything to do with anything apart from the fish.
Frezak (GM): I'll go down and fo that.
Apheori (GM): Hmm, Greibel is still pigeons, isn't he?
Frezak (GM): He is always pigeons.
Rhu: Greibel: come perch on my finger.
Frezak (GM): You'll need a big finger.
Rhu: A Flock of Pigeons.
Frezak (GM): To have a pigeon swarm perch on.
Rhu: just the one to start with?
or do they have to travel together?
Greibel: I guess I'm still pigeons
Frezak (GM): I'll go examine the dead guys for deadness.
Greibel: I forgot I was pigeons but I was the whole time
Apheori (GM): Pigeons: Roll a d20.
Greibel: r/ 1d20
err
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): The dead guys appear to have been dead varying amounts of time - some only a few hours or days, others months, others dessicated entirely, probably preserved by the building's environmental control.
Rhu: Damn
Apheori (GM): They're mostly humans and elves, but some of them are also races you don't recognise, possibly subraces.
The Gravedigger: These dead guys don't have consistent times of deadness.
Bear Soup Guy: Does everybody see all of them now
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You fly out the door into the shop that isn't there, bounce off the far wall, and then wonder where everyone went.
Everyone sees about the same number now, though there are less than you saw initially.
Greibel: Aaaaaah what
Rhu: Dude, we can see your corpses now. Calm down.
Apheori (GM): You failed a sanity check. AS A FLOCK OF PIGEONS.
Greibel: Okay, I have experience with being alone and pensive
Apheori (GM) points and laughs.
Frezak (GM): THE SWARM IS MAAAAAD
Greibel: Can I turn back to elf man?
Frezak (GM): What kind of clothes are they wearing?
Apheori (GM): You can.
Greibel: Cause yeah
The pigeons don't seem to be sane
Lokshmi: Get back inside first.
Greibel: Okay I'm me again and wandering
Rhu: ...
Lokshmi: You... idiot.
Rhu: Did you just turn back into an elf before you left the dreaded room of emptiness?
Frezak (GM): WHo's the god talking to?
Greibel: I think I left and then turned to elf
From shcok value
shock*
Lokshmi: No. You didn't. I had to pull you in.
(Talking to Greibel.)
Apheori (GM): And you realise there's a cat talking to you.
Greibel: Whhaaaaaaaaaat Loksmit
Apheori (GM): You probably don't recognise her.
Rhu: So, the rest of us are downstairs and we can't see all this, right?
Greibel: AAAAAAGH MY MIND
Apheori (GM): Right.
Rhu: Oh look a corpse (examines corpse)
Ganelon: Yeah.
Greibel: What do you need to impart to me locksmith?
Frezak (GM): Did Radek send the report?
Lokshmi: Locksmith?
Apheori (GM): You sent it, yeah.
Frezak (GM): Also, what are the dead guys wearing? What kind of clothes?
Apheori (GM): Then wandered off.
Rhu: We definitely recorded a report. Not sure if we sent it.
Greibel: You say tomato, I say nebula
Apheori (GM): Ordinary to unusual clothes. But there's a fair amount of variation on most worlds so it doesn't seem too odd.
Frezak (GM): Right.
Lokshmi narrows her eyes and watches Greibel suspiciously.
Ganelon: I'll send the report after we have footage of the floor having stuff on it, then becoming intangible.
Which I guess has happened.
Presumably I'm just filling in the written part.
Gaurav: Okay, 1hr 30 mins after my last I-gotta-go pronouncement means I absolutely definitely have to go.
Apheori (GM): Right, then.
Frezak (GM): IS THIS THE END?
Gaurav: This has been waaaaaay more exciting and creepy than I thought it was going to be.
Frezak (GM): Also, sorry for the late night, Rave >.>
Gaurav: no no keep going! I'll read the transcripts once I get a stable internet connection on Dec 30.
Ganelon: See you later!
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: and I'll see you all after
Frezak (GM): have funs!
HAPPY HOLES, RAVE.
Apheori (GM): He will be important at some point.
I dunno if he's important yet.
Gaurav: The late night was worth it ^_^ have fun everybody! Take care BSG re: upstairs and all that!
I will have the best of holes
Apheori (GM): Take care.
Gaurav: my character sheet is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19429772/dnd-skype/Rhu.pdf my religion check is +7 my perception is +11 and everybody within 5 sq of me gets a perception of +1
that should be all you need to know
byeeeeeee
Frezak (GM): Oh, elfy bonuses!
Nice!
Apheori (GM): Can someone reformat that?
Also: Do we want to keep going?
Frezak (GM): I do.
But I think Gan had things?
Ganelon: Hm.
Well, yes.
Things that could be delayed.
Frezak (GM): heh.
By how much?
Apheori (GM): Dammit, and I forgot what Lokshmi was actually going to say to the party.
Bloody stoned Greibel and his causing her to show up too soon...
Ganelon: I'm juggling a lot of conversations and other such things.
Frezak (GM): Up to you, Gan.
Ganelon: Then I'll have to politely request that we continue this another day.
Apheori (GM): When shall it be?
Frezak (GM): I'm busy 'till about the 27th.
Ganelon: Well, the 25th is probably going to require me to go do family stuff.
Apheori (GM): 27th works for me.
Ganelon: Other than that, just not on Fridays ('cause that's when I work on details for my own D&D campaign) or Sundays (Frezak's campaign) are fine. Any time.
'Course, the 27th is a Friday.
Well, I can play, just not late.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay I came back
Apheori (GM): Rob: 27th work for you?
Ganelon: Like, really late. Two hours from now would be cutting things close.
Three would be unacceptably late.
Bear Soup Guy: Apheori: no unfortunatelu, well maybe
I have to go to have christmas stuff with my dad and then stay at my sister's house and watch her dogs
Very early 28th is good but only barely
Apheori (GM): Can't you online with dogs?
Frezak (GM): Might as well leave it for the 30th, then.
Bear Soup Guy: We should all just reconvene after these bloody holidays
Frezak (GM): When Rave is back.
Apheori (GM): Aye, mayhap. >.<
Bear Soup Guy: I CAN online with dogs
Frezak (GM): Revolting.
Bear Soup Guy: If we're doing about the time we are now
On saturday
Friday is no good at all
Apheori (GM): Can everyone do saturday?
Bear Soup Guy: Neither is....tomorrow or any other day until fridau
Frezak (GM): I can any day from the 27th.
Bear Soup Guy: I can do saturday yeah
For a few hours but I can't promise past 12 PST
Which would be 2 Colorado time
Ganelon: I can.
Apheori (GM): Well, that'll give us a few hours, at least, no?
Bear Soup Guy: At least yeah
More build to the story
And then in January we can really plow into the action
Ganelon: More opportunities to be grouchy.
And a know-it-all.
Frezak (GM): MORE HOLE SCIENCE
Ganelon: If anyone ever calls Radek on that device, he's going to say "Genius here."
Bear Soup Guy: HOLE SCIENCE
Apheori (GM): Yes!
Bear Soup Guy: I will talk to Radek a lot
Ganelon: I'm quite satisfied with how this has gone so far
Frezak (GM): Gravy will shout "I KNOW HOLE THINGS"
And just blot out any of Radek's attempt to speak.
Bear Soup Guy: Because he's most similar to my sensibilitieis
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Ganelon: I even got to complain to someone who didn't care and couldn't solve my problems like an authentic old person.
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Bear Soup Guy: I got to not pay attention a lot of times like an authentic hippie
Ganelon: Something for everyone.
Apheori (GM): I'd say this actually worked fairly well.
Ganelon: Holes, receptionists, and tripping balls.
Frezak (GM): It did, Names.
Apheori (GM): Not that I'm sure what 'well' actually looks like...
Frezak (GM): Wellll
I could link you my campaign? >.>
That's the only game example I have >.>
Apheori (GM): I'm not sure I'd get around to reading it.
Frezak (GM): FINE THEN
BE THAT WAY
Apheori (GM): SORRY.
Ganelon: I consider Magellan to be the absolute paragon of campaign wellness.
Frezak (GM): Ehhhh.
Ganelon: Okay, Katie kind of slows things down a lot.
Frezak (GM): JUST A BIT.
Ganelon: But I love the talking and the combat and the characters and the setting.
Just... everything.
Frezak (GM): WHAT.
YOU PREFER THAT OVER HARICOT?
YOU BASTARD.
Ganelon: And I hate Year's House but that's totally fine because it's the point.
No, Haricot is great!
Frezak (GM): AND SCISSORS.
AND THE GHOSTS.
AND THE DRUNK DUDE.
I HATE YOU.
Sort of.
Ish.
Frezak (GM): Well.
Ganelon: I'm interested in seeing how combat plays out in this campaign, though.
Apheori (GM): So am I. O_o
Ganelon: I actually like the idea of Radek having a rifle much more than I originally thought.
Frezak (GM): Well, we have a fairly balanced party.
A bit low on damage, perhaps.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm interested in the whole thing
Ganelon: It was probably a result of me being able to visualize just how insanely long his "no penalty" range was.
Bear Soup Guy: This is so much more than I expected already
Frezak (GM): i'll be using an at-will to slow that should help things.
Bear Soup Guy: This is my first real D&D experience and it has been fantabulous
Apheori (GM): Mine too!
Bear Soup Guy: +D
err
=D
Frezak (GM): You might want the Monster Manuals, Names.
For mosnters.
Apheori (GM): Good point.
Frezak (GM): You can always rename them.
Ganelon: I can send her those.
Frezak (GM): Excellent idea.
Apheori (GM): We never even got to the chickens.
Frezak (GM): Oh dear.
Bear Soup Guy: Gan you are so cool
Thanks for being so cool
Apheori (GM): You guys are all cool.
Frezak (GM): Ehhhhh
I'm not.
And, no offence.
Gan is not someone I would label 'cool'.
he knows to much D&D to be cool.
We're cursed.
Apheori (GM): Pfft.
Frezak (GM): To not be cool.
Tainted.
CORRUPTED.
But that's cool.
Apheori (GM): You're like uncyclopedia admins: Cool and sexy even if everyone hates you.
Ganelon: I appreciate the flattery.
Frezak (GM): oh, I know I'm sexy and hated.
Ganelon: But I am definitely not sexy.
Apheori (GM): And cool.
Frezak (GM): Ehhh.
Bear Soup Guy: Coooooooooool
Ganelon: I'm fine with being called cool.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm so sexy and hated they gave me the other thing
God my typing is shot
Gan, you are cool
You may be sexy in our wildest dreams
Frezak (GM): ehhhh
Bear Soup Guy: But at least in reality you are very much cool
Frezak (GM): Gan.
I will try my bestest to make my campaign better than Mr.K.'s.
Ganelon: You're doing fine, Frezak.
It may very well just be the character dynamic that you and I have going that makes me enjoy his more.
Frezak (GM): ohhh.
Ganelon: Because really, Freya is the greatest.
Frezak (GM): Welll.
Ganelon: No. She is the greatest.
Frezak (GM): When you say 'greatest'.
Apheori (GM): Guys, let's get the non-campaign stuff back in skype.
Frezak (GM): Right.
Ganelon: Yes, let's.
Bear Soup Guy: I already love my character dynamic with everyone
Apheori (GM): It's hard enough keepin track of backlog already. XD
Bear Soup Guy: Gravedigger and I are going to get into some shit and that will effect our direction and that's fantastic
As far as I'm concerned every party should have some polar opposite characters
Apheori (GM) drags RAHB back to skype.
Bear Soup Guy: Mine is so passive unless we're beijng attacked and GD is so aggressive
Oh right, back to skype 

Session 2

Wen: creepy
okay, it works.
rolling 1d20+4
(
20
)
+4
=
24
Apheori (GM): Ohai.
You rolled a 20!
Wen: yes! \o/
Apheori (GM): Can you change wwho you're talking to with the dropdown menu?
Er, talking as.
Aziraphale bites SHIP
Wen: yep, it works.
SHIP: Oh, it's lonesome being a poor neglected ship.
And then someone comes and bits me?
Oh, I do feel so depressed.
Aziraphale: I wouldn't mind some crumpets and tea right now.
Rhu: Tea? TEA?!
Apheori (GM): Actually I have no idea how Rhu feels about tea.
Apheori (GM) totally just stole Gaurav's character.
Wen: er
okay, yes, that explains it
Apheori (GM): GMs can do that.
Wen: I think I'd better stop polluting the in game timeline now >.>
Apheori (GM): Well, you got the basics, so... whee! Tomorrow.
Wen: yes. Tomorrow.
Ganelon: I'm here.
Though, if you're in danger of falling asleep already, this is going to be a short session.
Apheori (GM): Starting should wake me up.
Frezak (GM): She just needs adrenaline.
Poke yourself in the boob with a needle.
Bear Soup Guy: Like in that OTHER episode of Firefly
Frezak (GM): What OTHER episode?
Bear Soup Guy: The eighth one?
Out Of Gas
Frezak (GM): OH.
Adrenaline needle.
Right.
Bear Soup Guy: Where Mal is dying so he STABS HIMSELF IN THE HEART WITH A MASSIVE NEEDLE
Frezak (GM): It's a really big needle.
Bear Soup Guy: Because that's what I'd do if I were dying
Frezak (GM): It's like a tiny sword.
Or spear.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes
Frezak (GM): 2D4 HEART HOLE DAMAGE.
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Frezak (GM): Also, GAME.
I have holes to make.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Holes.
Where were we all?
Bear Soup Guy: I don't remember much after I turned into pigeons
Apheori (GM): Griebel turned into pigeons, lost his mind, flapped around and ran into a wall, turned elf again over potentially empty floor, and then this strange talking cat appeared and dragged him back inside. Out of the there but not room.
Ganelon: Yeah, he was talking to a god when we stopped. The rest of us... just went outside, didn't we?
Or at least downstairs?
Apheori (GM): I believe Radek, Rhu, and the Gravedigger had gone back downstairs and were checking out the bodies, or something?
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, right right
also brb for a few minutes
Apheori (GM): So Greibel did recognise the god! Excellent. This makes things even weirder.
Ganelon: I never said he recognized it.
But I did.
Rhu: You were downstairs. And apparently he did. I'm just going to go with it.
Oops.
Apheori (GM): THAT WAS ME.
But yeah, you'd recognise it too probably.
And you'd probably even realise what it is and talk coherently!
Instead of calling her 'Locksmith' and mumbling about nebulae.
Also GAN!
Can you fix Rhu's character sheet for me by any chance? The formatting is awful.
Apheori (GM): If not it's fine, but if so it'd be much appreciated.
Frezak (GM): Can I have Asri's HP and surge count?
Apheori (GM): 27, 6
Wait, not 6.
11
There's a damn plant between me and the screen.
Wen: o_O
Frezak (GM): Hokay.
So.
Do we carry on and wait for Azri to make an entrance?
Apheori (GM): Yar! Is everyone here now?
Ganelon: Still here.
Can't see Rhu's name/bar.
Wen: the picture of the other potential picture is still on screen
oh gone
Frezak (GM): Did I check the corpses for how long they'd been aging?
Apheori (GM): Yes. You had said they'd been dead inconsistent amounts of time.
Frezak (GM): right.
Apheori (GM): You also found a lot of variation in attire, but that may or may not have meant anything on a world like Sarathi.
Frezak (GM): So we know the building is suffering from some kind of intermittent phasing.
I'm gonna ASSUME the fish was 'ported here.
Apheori (GM): Perhaps.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay I came back now
Frezak (GM): Can Radek trace that back, somhow?
using magic?
MAGIC.
Apheori (GM): Quite possibly.
Frezak (GM): RADEK.
DO HOLE MAGIC.
Apheori (GM): Bear Soup Guy: Remember: You're still pretty out of it.
Ganelon: Very well.
Apheori (GM): And there's a locksmith or something talking at you.
Bear Soup Guy: Right!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
4
)
+10
=
14
Frezak (GM): BSG.
YOU ARE ON DRUGS.
TALKING TO A CAT.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm I still in a different room from everyone else?
Ganelon: No magic here!
Frezak (GM): That's not great, Gan.
Apheori (GM): Obviously he's on drugs... lessee.
Ganelon: Yeah, yeah.
Apheori (GM): Radek doesn't find anything hole-related.
With his... er... hole magic.
Frezak (GM): HoleTech.
Ganelon: I can't be a perfect hole magician every day of the week.
Frezak (GM): Holercana
Apheori (GM): And guys, when are you in character?
Frezak (GM): When can ask Radek to do something that my character might know about?
Because Gravy don't know shit about science or magic.
His expertise is very restricted.
The Gravedigger: Well.
These guys are dead.
Trust me on this, guys.
Dead people, right here.
Lokshmi: (to Greibel) Locksmith?
Dead people sit there.
Greibel: Oh right, so what do you do Locksmith?
Lokshmi: Why did I even bother?
Lokshmi vanishes.
Greibel looks around innocently
Apheori (GM): Well, the cat's gone.
Bear Soup Guy: It was a lovely cat
Frezak (GM): I'll check the corpses for shinies.
Or anything.
Pockets.
Rhu says something agreeing with the assessment of deadity, and how he isn't sure what actually killed them.
Frezak (GM): Possibly by picking them up and shaking them upside-down until things fall out.
Greibel stumbles back into the dead room and falls over
Apheori (GM): You pick up a nearby corpse and it falls apart all over your feet.
Frezak (GM): huh.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): I'll try the next one.
Clearly the preservation techniques were sub-par.
I don't approve of this sloppiness.
I'm assuming Radek is just sat there grumping.
Ganelon: Basically.
Apheori (GM): The next one drops some stuff - a fork, some discs, and a wad of lint.
Ganelon: Discs?
Frezak (GM): Discs?
As science discs?
Or big coins?
Apheori (GM): Data transfer/storage or whatever.
Frezak (GM): I shove them at Radek.
Apheori (GM): Probably for id stuff and entertainment, but you never know.
The Gravedigger: A CLUE!
Frezak (GM): Clearly Greibel is not the person to consult on this.
No offense, Mr Stoner Sir.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Dude, get up.
Bear Soup Guy: None taken horse man
Apheori (GM): This is your MIIIIIND speaking.
Or something.
Apheori (GM) rattles GReibel
Apheori (GM): s brain.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right!
Greibel: Guys, I saw a talking locksmith!
And a room that isn't there anymore!
The Gravedigger: How do you know it was a locksmith?
Did he have lockpicks?
Radek looks over the disks skeptically.
Ganelon: Are they unlabeled?
Frezak (GM): It's a porn collection.
Greibel: It told me it was a locksmith
It was a TALKING locksmith after all
The Gravedigger: Most lockmiths do.
Apheori (GM): The disks are fairly ordinary - a bunch of id, flicks, etc, but one has no label at all.
Probably a personal storage one?
You're not sure.
Greibel: I'm sure the locksmith told me something important
About keys or something
I just can't remember what it was
The Gravedigger shrugs.
The Gravedigger: Check your pockets for keys?
(To Greibel): And a sandcastle. Mention the sandcastle.
Wen: brb in 5-10ish
The Gravedigger: Or STOP TAKING DRUGS.
(To Greibel): You feel like there was a lot more to it, though.
Greibel: Yes! There was something about a sand castle!
Greibel also checks his pockets
Frezak (GM): ONe of your pockets is now a mimic.
Rhu asks if there was anything odd about the locksmith, if it looked familiar...
Greibel: Well that's an unfortunate state of affairs
Apheori (GM): It's not a mimic.
Shut up.
Greibel: :)
The locksmith, it looked like....a cat!
The Gravedigger: Cats can't be locksmiths.
They have paws.
Can't hold tools.
Greibel: Yes, but what if you were a locksmith that simply looked like a cat?
Rhu: Lokshmi?
Frezak (GM): Would I know that name?
Greibel: Right!
It told me its name was Lokshmi
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Though you may not know a whole lot about her.
Frezak (GM): Enough to know that she should be a god?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
The Gravedigger: So you met a cat that told you it was a god?
Greibel: A god of keys!
The Gravedigger: Well, that would be the first living thing on this planet that's not us.
Where is it?
Radek: In his head, I'm sure.
Greibel: She seemed dissatisfied with me, and then left
The Gravedigger: Probably because you're on drugs.
Rhu: Three tails? Broken horn? Spots?
(To Greibel): She looked like that.
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Wen: back
(To Wen): Time to introduce you soon, methinks.
Greibel: Yeah, that's what she was like
(From Wen): sure, take your time
Apheori (GM): Radek: You may or may not know a fair bit about her. Whether or not you believe the stoner, however, is another matter.
Greibel: And she told me something very important about a sandcastle, and then dragged me out of the room that wasn't there
The Gravedigger: WHAT did she say about a sandcastle?
Greibel: She showed me one, in some sort of vision
The Gravedigger: Really now.
Rhu explains that Lokshmi is the god of memory, fury, and revenge. And something about this possibly being a very bad sign.
Rhu: Assuming it was real.
Ganelon: Wait, I do?
The Gravedigger: IF gods ARE talking to us, then it would be a bad thing.
Especially if they're talking to Greibel.
Rhu: But the bodies were...
Ganelon: Radek couldn't care less about the gods.
Apheori (GM): Radek knows things, though.
The Gravedigger: No offense, Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Even if he doesn't care about the gods, they sometimes come up in things.
Greibel: None taken, horse dude
The Gravedigger: Horse? WHat?
Greibel: Hey, I didn't give you those hooves
Greibel stares off lazily
Ganelon: Does he actually have hooves?
Frezak (GM): I don't think so.
Rhu: Probably.
Frezak (GM): RP-wise, I'm Unica.
Rhu: Oops.
Bear Soup Guy: Isn't he a minotaur thing?
Frezak (GM): I thought I had feet.
Apheori (GM): Well, They can have hooves.
This one doesn't, then.
Radek: It's amazing how you people still take anything he says seriously.
Get over here. I have disks.
The Gravedigger: SCIENCE
Ganelon: They make passable coasters.
Apheori (GM): You can stick the disks in your computery thingy.
And bring up...
CAT PICTURES.
Ganelon: Humorously captioned, cute, or both?
Apheori (GM): They're all pictures of Lokshmi
.
Frezak (GM): Hellfire.
Radek: ...Well.
Ganelon: Just a whole bunch of pictures of a cat-god
This is the unmarked disk, then?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
You can try the others.
They're all normal random things that don't tell you anything.
Radek: I conclude that the people who died in this room possessed an aversion to recording useful information.
Particularly regarding their deaths. Very inconsiderate of them.
Greibel: But who can really blame them?
Look at the kitty!
Apheori (GM): The computer stops working.
Greibel: Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM): Well, this isn't getting us anywhere.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Frezak (GM): Maybe time to go out and poke around elsewhere?
Ganelon: Wait, mine does?
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yes.
It just shuts down.
Ganelon: It's not out of power, I'd hope.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see Lokshmi coming down the stairs.
Greibel: Woah hey, it's the locksmith guys!
Greibel points
Apheori (GM): There's a man following her cautiously.
(To Wen): He's hallucinating.
Ganelon: I'll look just in case anything at all is there.
(To Wen): You're not actually there yet.
Frezak (GM): Do we see the man and/or cat?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
(From Aziraphale): noted
The Gravedigger: Really, Greibel.
Less drugs.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Where do you look?
Greibel shirks it off and goes over the the foot of the stairs
Ganelon: Where he pointed, of course.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
You notice a shimmering again above some of the stairs, but don't see any gods or other folk.
Radek: ...Bloody illusions.
The Gravedigger: More fish?
Ganelon: Then I'm going to try and fix this computer.
Apheori (GM): Roll a thingy.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
17
)
+10
=
27
Assuming this is also a trained, int-based skill.
Apheori (GM): You get the computer to turn on again and boot, but it won't connect to the main servers.
So it's kind of not very useful.
Ganelon: Well, there's nothing I can do about connection failure unless the adapter on this thing itself is broken.
Frezak (GM): This is a modern city, yes?
Ganelon: So I'll leave it at that.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Very.
Frezak (GM): Nay chance there's a.... security camera network?
That we could tap into with scienec?
*science?
Apheori (GM): There probably is. You could probably tap into it even without science from the... er... security office core thingy.
But without that there are also terminals in a lot of the offices.
Frezak (GM): Offices in this building?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
These are like shops and things.
Frezak (GM): Would shops have access to the city security network?
Apheori (GM): Some, yes, but not enough to be useful unless you can hack them.
Frezak (GM): Sounds like a job for the scienceman.
Apheori (GM): Griebel: You see that cat again, with that same guy following her down the stairs.
(To Wen): This time it's real.
Greibel: Right@
(To Wen): Though they might not think it...
(From Aziraphale): do other people see me this time? the cat?
The Gravedigger: Hey, Radek. You think you could get into the cameras and see what happened to this place?
(To Wen): Yes.
Greibel tries to talk to the cat and guy without interrupting the conversation about computers
(To Wen): If they look.
(To Greibel): They're real. Actually talk to them.
(To Greibel): Like with words.
Greibel: Hi Lokshmi!
(To Greibel): Because it's Wen.
Greibel: Hi other guy!
Lokshmi: Oh, so you do know my name.
I am shocked.
Greibel: I figured it out again after I wasn't so stoned and stuff.
Radek: Not from here, I couldn't.
(From Aziraphale): would be fun if they keep ignoring him and end up wandering off elsewhere :D
Greibel: Who's your non-cat friend?
The Gravedigger: From where, then?
(To Aziraphale): Aye. Talk to him, though. Greibel.
The Gravedigger: Because it's either cameras or hallucinations.
Radek: Find me a terminal, or better yet, the security room.
(To Aziraphale): First person you've seen! Who seems... mostly sane.
Aziraphale: hi... person with face who looks like it was hit with a football
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna start looking for such a room.
Greibel: That's very perceptive of you
Aziraphale: Yes, yes it is.
Aziraphale looks around suspiciously
Lokshmi: Frezak: Try using a map. It's probably on it.
Apheori (GM): Er, sorry, that wasn't lokshmi.
Frezak (GM): What map?
I thought I had an out-dated city map.
(From Aziraphale): oh crap, that reminds me. I don't have an inventory. Any important thingies I should know I have?
Frezak (GM): That would not tell me whether there was a security room in this building.
Lokshmi: He is real, paladin of the lawful god.
(To Aziraphale): Eh, you have a bunch of stuff. Make it up if you want. Just things you had in your pockets, picked up, etc.
Greibel: Why did you bring him here?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: It'd be labelled.
It's important.
Frezak (GM): Well how far is the nearest security building?
Lokshmi: Greibel: Your collective survival depends up on it.
And I was bored.
Ganelon: Are the rest of us just hearing a one-sided conversation take place here?
Aziraphale: You're ignoring it.
Greibel: Oh, cool man. I get bored like that sometimes too.
Dead people: afgsfh
Apheori (GM): DAMMIT.
You're ignoring it or something.
Because if you'd just LOOK, it's really happening.
Ganelon: But I did look.
And nothing was there.
Apheori (GM): Nothing WAS there then.
Now there is.
Bear Soup Guy: "Look with your third eye, man."
Aziraphale: (to Greibel) so, who are you? Who are these other people? Where is everyone?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Each building has its own core; the ones for multiple buildings are more spread out.
Aziraphale 's fingers twitches on his weapon
Apheori (GM): But it looks like the one here is a couple floors down.
Frezak (GM): if a guy suddenly appeared in my vision, I'd like to be told of it. >.>
Down?
I thought we were on the ground floor?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You and Radek were looking at a map or something.
Greibel: Everyone's mostly dead, man. Oh but we didn't kill 'em. Naw we got hired to check the place out. We came here in a space ship and everything.
Apheori (GM): Rhu noticed but thought it funny not to say anything.
No, this was just the entrance floor.
I mean, it's like A ground, but...
Aaaanyway you notice Greibel is talking to a real person and a real cat.
Aziraphale: (to Greibel) Space ship? Did you meet anyone alive on your way here?
Lokshmi: The living do not stay living.
Greibel: Well that would be pretty silly man, think of it.
Meeting alive people in the vacuum of space? Pssshh
Aziraphale: Fair point
The Gravedigger: Oh, no.
Am I on drugs too?
Radek, are you on drugs too?
Radek: No, I see them too.
Aziraphale 's fingers relax on account of the fact that this guy is probably drugged out of his mind and thus pretty safe
Lokshmi walks over toward the others.
The Gravedigger: I DID NOT SMOKE ANYTHING.
Aziraphale eyes the people looking at him suspiciously and grips his weapon
Lokshmi: You are not hallucinating.
The Gravedigger: Prove it.
Lokshmi: How?
The Gravedigger: Tah'ts just what a hallucination would say.
I don't know.
Aziraphale goes over to The Gravedigger and punches him in the arm
Aziraphale: I'm as real as you are.
Greibel: Oh I know!
The Gravedigger: I dig holes.
I don't deal with philosophy or whatever.
Hey!
Greibel: If you're real sing La Cucaracha!
The Gravedigger: Don't punch me!
Apheori (GM): Gravy: A certainty settles in your mind that this is indeed real, that this is the god Lokshmi before you, and that tuna is utterly amazing.
Radek: I'm supposed to believe that I'm talking to a god, is that it?
Frezak (GM): i'd like to point that i'm a seven foot slab of flesh.
(From Aziraphale): what _are_ my weapons? I assume longswords don't really work in this setting.
Lokshmi: Radek J. Fulvius, what you believe is and isn't real is your own concern.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Yes. She's a god and she can mess with minds, though.
The Gravedigger: hey, Radek. A god knows your name.
Radek: Marvelous.
(To Wen): Longsword, rifle, couple knives.
(To Wen): Swords are popular.
(From Aziraphale): okay
Radek: No doubt it wants something from me, too.
Lokshmi: No doubt.
The Gravedigger: What, like it wants you to debug a hard drive?
Frezak (GM): that was Gravy's entire technical lingo.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Aziraphale walks around the room looking at the walls
Lokshmi: Your technical knowledge is impressive, Gravedigger.
Apheori (GM): They look like walls. Some of the signs are askew on the shops. You realise this is a shopping center sort of thingy.
Radek scoffs.
The Gravedigger: Thanks!
Lokshmi: In all seriousness, AZIRAPHALE GET BACK HERE.
The Gravedigger: So who's he, then?
Lokshmi: I have words.
Aziraphale turns around and goes back to the group
The Gravedigger: is it a story?
I like stories.
(To Wen): You might want to introduce yourself.
Greibel: Oh boy, me too!
Aziraphale: So, who are you people? Flat-face there told me you came from a space ship.
Rhu suspiciously asks what sorts of words.
The Gravedigger: Yeah.
It made sanwiches.
Radek: Does that mean you're a local?
Greibel: Oh yeah, it did
Aziraphale: Yes... yes. I am a local, at least more local than you seem to be.
Rhu: We came on behalf of a consortium of worlds interested in investigating what happened here.
What happened here?
Lokshmi: Fine. I can wait. I can spend all day waiting. It's not like I have anything better to do than wait.
Aziraphale: I do not know. I thought you might.
Lokshmi sits down and waits.
Greibel: Hey guys, maybe the cat chick knows something
Aziraphale: I was... doing something somewhere, and when I exited the place where I was doing something, everyone was gone.
Radek: Do you /actually/ have something better to do, Lokshmi?
Lokshmi: ...no.
(From Aziraphale): am I supposed to act like I trust these people? Under the circumstances it seems much more normal for me to be suspicious and tell as little as possible, lest they're assholes.
Ganelon: The gods are never busy. It's why they get bored so easily.
Aziraphale: You said you came here to investigate. So what did you find?
(To Aziraphale): You may or may not trust them, but you've been desperate and alone and that will play into it.
Lokshmi: There are very few living remaining.
And those that are, are not who they were. Or what they were.
The Gravedigger: What are they then?
Fish?
Lokshmi: Time and space here are twisted. In a way it has separated from the rest of what you may know as reality.
Aziraphale: Lunatics or zombies, if the ones I saw are any judge.
Lokshmi: So I am waiting here, within the anomaly, because otherwise I may miss it entirely.
Aziraphale: And as you know, zombies are supposed to have been wiped out two millenia ago.
Lokshmi: Here, they were. But this is not the case... elsewhere.
This disaster spans many realities, and many different versions of the present.
Greibel: Oooohh, elsewhere in space and time, right?
The Gravedigger: Sounds very magical.
Lokshmi: ...yes.
Greibel: Man, this cat chick is blowing my mind
Lokshmi: Would that it were, but I am afraid magic has nothing to do with it. Even the eyes of the gods are blinded.
This is not your story, however.
The real story is yet to come, at least for us. For you, the story lies elsewhere.
Fact of the matter is you will probably never go home at all. But should you try, you will need to remember this: It is Ajirahd and Irundha of Akrikdirin Vak who reign king of the sandcastle. You must remember this. You must return to this.
Radek: You couldn't have told us this before we left?
The Gravedigger: Um.
Miss cat god thing?
Can you say that less gibberishly?
Lokshmi: Radek...
You who would have nothing of the gods would now ask in retrospect?
But no, you could not be told. Those outside do not know.
Gravedigger, the riddle is the riddle that is used universally. You will need to figure it out for yourselves.
Radek: I only wish that the gods would return my sentiment.
The Gravedigger: Well that's not very helpful.
Lokshmi: Considering the general level of incompetence amongst most of them, I can't say I quite disagree.
And no, it isn't helpful.
But it's as helpful as I can be.
You should be glad I have nothing better to do than try.
The Gravedigger: I should?
Aziraphale: Probably. Gods are right buggers, the lot of them.
Aziraphale mutters to himself
(To Wen): Careful. You love yours, at least.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll a d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Marvelous.
Apheori (GM): You feel this strange buzzing in your ears.
Ganelon: Of a... deafening variety?
Rhu: Why are you here?
Apheori (GM): No, slight, just enough to be annoying.
Lokshmi: It's beginning and nobody would listen.
Not even the Kings.
They, who are sworn to protect all against... this.
Good luck, Wayfarers.
Lokshmi vanishes.
Apheori (GM): SO.
WHAT NOW?
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Well, mr... whoever you are.
We're gonna go look for the security center.
Since we have a job to do.
Aziraphale: I'll come with you.
Name's Aziraphale. Somewhat pleased to meet you on account of the fact that you're the first people alive and possibly sane I've seen in days.
The Gravedigger: Awesome.
You didn't see any of the other .. exploration parties that came here?
Aziraphale: No-o. I got attacked by a horde of zombies and a bunch of lunatics, but unless those were the exploration parties you mentioned, no.
Apheori (GM): So you're all headed down to the security center as you talk.
Radek's buzzing is getting worse.
Ganelon: This would likely lead to him being more visibly distressed by it.
He wouldn't say anything, though.
Frezak (GM): I'm probably used to him frowning all the time.
Wen: oh, and I saw some crazy stuff, but I'm not mentioning it because it'd make me look insane.
Frezak (GM): And being grumpy.
Consider that you're next to Greibel.
Wen: Well if someone mentions it I might bring it up. But looking like a lunatic to a party of jumpy investigators doesn't look like a good idea to this guy.
Frezak (GM): Jumpy?
We're all cooool.
And miffed.
Wen: Greibel, maybe.
Aziraphale looks around suspiciously as he walks
Apheori (GM): Azira: A wall calls out as you pass, "C'mon, you know you want it."
Aziraphale jumps and walks more quickly
Aziraphale casts furtive glances at where the noise came from
Aziraphale: Do the others seem like they noticed it?
Apheori (GM): No.
Greibel, Radek: Roll a d20.
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Ganelon: My spiral into madness continues, no doubt.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Everything seems miraculously clear. You feel like you understand the cosmos perfectly.
Radek: You walk into a door.
Greibel glows
Apheori (GM): This is notable because the door wasn't there a moment ago.
Radek grumbles loudly.
Apheori (GM): It's just an ordinary-looking door standing up in the middle of the corridor.
Wen: do we see it / notice that the door appeared out of nowhere?
Frezak (GM): Against a wall, or just free-floating?
Apheori (GM): Free-floating. The only other person who sees it is Greibel. But right now, he's seeing a whole LOT of things.
Ganelon: I'll stand up and open the door.
Apheori (GM): And I don't think he's paying much attention.
Frezak (GM): Do I smell illusions?
Apheori (GM): The door opens into a strange view of darkness.
Pinpoints of light are scattered throughout it, and within, you sense a presence.
Frezak: You smell burning.
Roll to smell more.
Aziraphale: Radek, what are you doing?
Greibel: Hey Radek, bet you wanna know what that strange view of darkness with the pinpoints and the presence is
Radek: Not as much as I'd like to stop hallucinating and find what we came here for.
(To Greibel): It's another plane of existence, not a hallucination.
(From Wen): do I know their names? >>>
(From Wen): >.>
Greibel: That's no hallucination
(To Greibel): The presence is the spirit of the universe.
Greibel: That's a whole other plane of existence
And the presence
(To Wen): You should ask.
Greibel: That, my friend, is the spirit of the universe
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
2
)
+8
=
10
Greibel puts his arm around Radek's shoulder
Apheori (GM): You smell fish.
Frezak (GM): Graaaah
Wen eyes Greibel and Radek
Radek: Get your hands off of me.
The Gravedigger: I smell fish.
Also burning.
Greibel does so
The Gravedigger: And don't touch the grump, Greibel.
he's grumpy.
Apheori (GM): The smell of fish goes away.
Greibel: So I see
I also see the smells you smell
Aziraphale: Um, why are we stopping?
(To Greibel): The fish are in the sea. There's water and stuff. And the burning is because the entire building was incinerated.
Ganelon: I'll close the door.
The Gravedigger: radek bumped into something.
Radek: We aren't. Let's keep moving.
The Gravedigger: One of these things that aren't here.
ONWARDS
Greibel: The fish you smell are in the ocean
(To Greibel): You see other things, too - death, life, strange characters that aren't real... more bodies, a sea of colourful playroom balls...
Greibel: The burning is because this whole building incinerated
Frezak (GM): I'll lead the march, shovel and shield at the ready.
Apheori (GM): The door disappears as it is shut.
Aziraphale: It would be a lot more convenient if I knew your names. So guy who bumped into something is Radek. The rest of you?
The Gravedigger: I'm The Gravedigger.
You can call me Gravy.
Greibel: I see death and life and strange characters that aren't real....and a sea of colourful playroom balls...
Aziraphale: Hi Gravy. Hello crazy person.
The Gravedigger: That's Greibel.
He's on drugs.
Greibel: I, friend Aziraphale, am Greibel
Greibel bows
Aziraphale: Quite obviously.
Rhu: I'm Rhu. I'm not on drugs.
Aziraphale: Good to hear.
Rhu: I thought so too!
Apheori (GM): Azira: Roll a d20.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So you all make it to the room, or what should be according to the map, but the door is locked.
Or maybe the mechanism isn't responding.
It won't open, at any rate.
The Gravedigger: IT'S HOLE TIME.
Frezak (GM): I want to charge it with my shield.
Apheori (GM): Azira: The door wiggles at you suggestively.
Aziraphale looks at the door and then the other people
Apheori (GM): You can totally charge it with your shield.
Aziraphale: Er, guys, did you see that?
Apheori (GM): Guys: You don't know what he's talking about.
Frezak (GM): Strength check with shield bonus?
Radek: Yes, I quite clearly saw this door, thank you.
The Gravedigger: Step back, guys.
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Aziraphale mutters to himself but otherwise does nothing
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+5
(
13
)
+5
=
18
Apheori (GM): The door bends slightly.
Frezak (GM): And again!
Apheori (GM): You made a dent.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+5
(
20
)
+5
=
25
HOOOOOOOOLE
Apheori (GM): The dent is much bigger, and there's a gap by the edge of the frame where the door was bent away.
You can either pry it open or hit it again, but you might break something if you do the latter.
...such as yourself.
Frezak (GM): Anyone have a prying device?
Crowbar or sword?
Greibel: I have a staff
Rhu: What about a shovel?
Aziraphale: I have a sword.
Greibel: That's kind of like a wooden crowbar
Rhu: Don't you have a shovel?
Frezak (GM): SHovel has a wooden handle.
It's a shovel.
Radek: You're not touching my rifle.
Frezak (GM): Against a metal door?
Nuh-uh.
Aziraphale: Should I try to pry it open with my sword?
Frezak (GM): What's your Str?
Aziraphale: 18 +4 mod
Ganelon: I'm fairly sure it's 18.
Frezak (GM): Sure, go ahead.
Ganelon: He's a paladin, and not the likable sort either.
Frezak (GM): Unless anyone has a power that would work.
Wen: so what do I roll?
Rhu: Azira: The door wiggles at you again as you approahc.
Dammit, sorry.
Frezak (GM): You're as bad as the hag, Names.
Apheori (GM): THE DOOR WIGGLES.
Frezak (GM): Wiggly-wiggly.
Apheori (GM): Sorry.
Aziraphale approaches the door but hesitates
Greibel: I could turn into a something and fit through the gap and open it from the other end
Aziraphale: Um, guys, is it just me or is the door making indecent motions?
The Gravedigger: I tihnk it's you.
Are you on drugs?
Apheori (GM): Eh, roll with your strength mod, if you even want to get close to it.
Aziraphale rubs his eyes
Wen: is it continuing to wiggle?
Greibel: Do I see clearly what other people see for weird things still?
Rhu: Have you slept?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You look and see it wiggling too.
It's stopping, though.
Greibel: Hey Azi, that door's totally wiggling
Aw, but not anymore
Apheori (GM): Okay, so do you pry it open?
Aziraphale: Um, are we sure we want to pry this open?
The Gravedigger: Yes?
Aziraphale: allright, here goes
Aziraphale approaches very cautiously
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
Apheori (GM): The door comes open, but your sword gets ruined in the process, bent out of shape.
Wen: is there a way to talk OOC without using the mouse? something like /ooc message?
Apheori (GM): No idea.
Ganelon: Yes, but I'd have to find it.
I'll go looking.
Wen: never mind for now
The Gravedigger: Aw, crap, man.
Aziraphale: Do we go in?
The Gravedigger: Your sword.
Aziraphale: ...and can someone fix my sword?
The Gravedigger: Here, take this spade.
Aziraphale: I'm kind of attached to it.
Aziraphale sniffles but accepts the spade
Radek: Is it magical?
Wen: is it?
Ganelon: Very likely not.
Apheori (GM): Probably not any more than the basic enchantments to keep it solid.
Which apparently... failed.
Swords are not supposed to do that.
Frezak (GM): Spade is a battleaxe, btw. Military versatile Axe, 1D10, prof 2.
Radek: Give it here. I might be able to do something.
Ganelon: Not quickly, mind you.
Aziraphale hands Radek the sword
Aziraphale: So do we go in?
Frezak (GM): I'll head in first as the meatshield.
Check things look safe first.
Wen: oh, it _is_ just doing ooc
so /ooc whatever works
Apheori (GM): You head in. There's a dead guy in a wheely chair, apparently shot in the head.
Two other chairs are empty.
Frezak (GM): From behind or in front?
The shot.
Apheori (GM): Mostly it's just an ordinary room with some monitors and consoles and a suspiciously large number of boxes of stale doughnuts in the corner.
Front.
Frezak (GM): Expiry date on the donuts?
Just to tell how long they've been there.
Apheori (GM): None is listed.
There's also a shiny thing on the floor.
Frezak (GM): SHINY.
Wen: EX shiny object
Aziraphale: Gravy: Is it safe for us to go in?
The Gravedigger: Just one dead guy.
Apheori (GM): It's a little butterfly pendant, a brilliant shade of blue.
Frezak (GM): I'll give the dead guy a poke in case it moves.
I will take the shiny thing.
If I can before anyone else sees it.
Apheori (GM): The dead guy slides partially out of his chair.
Considering your size, methinks you can.
So you have a shiny little blue butterfly pendant.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Ganelon: Loot!
Frezak (GM): I'll put in a pouch for now.
I intend to show it to Radek later.
Wen: so I guess the rest of us just join him in the room?
Frezak (GM): Right now I'll shuffle into a corner and let you guys do things.
Apheori (GM): Right. So you all pile in.
You're by the doughnuts. They smell like doughnuts.
It's kind of overpowering, in fact.
There are clearly a lot of doughnuts.
Aziraphale: Anybody want a doughnut?
Apheori (GM): Frazak: Roll a d20.
The Gravedigger: They look stale.
Radek: I don't eat anymore.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
2
)
=
2
All these rolls are messing with my luck quotas.
Apheori (GM): The doughnut smell disappears and you suddenly realise most of the boxes are empty.
Greibel absentmindedly tries to bite what used to be a doughnut and now is air
Apheori (GM): Don't worry. Low rolls can actually have GOOD effects with these.
Aziraphale: ...Another illusion, eh?
Apheori (GM): Radek, Azi: You notice Greibel getting confused trying to eat a doughnut.
(You noticed nothing about it disappearing.)
Radek: Though I would advise you against believing everything Greibel says, he may be right about this. These aren't illusions.
This whole building is experiencing some sort of dimensional instability.
Frezak (GM): I know!
We did hole science!
The Gravedigger: I know!
We did hole science!
Greibel: It took ghost donuts to convince you
Aziraphale: Greibel, the doughnut is stale. Best not eat it.
Greibel: Right...
Greibel tosses out the donut he no longer sees
Apheori (GM): One of the monitors flickers on.
Radek: Roll a d20.
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Frezak (GM): You see a young girl, with long dark hair in front of her face.
She is wet.
Ganelon: I was actually wondering if I'd go from 3, to 2, and then to 1.
Apparently it was destined.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Everything explodes in horrible sound and you fall to the ground.
Wen: /me shakes fists at the RNG
Ganelon: Lovely!
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You hear the sound too, but not as badly: a buzzing roar, and feel like there is something else to it. A presense, a person...?
Aziraphale: do we notice that Radek fell to the ground?
Apheori (GM): It should be just outside, through that... er... wall.
Probably.
The Gravedigger: Radek?
Aziraphale goes over to Radek and examines him
Greibel: Hmmm
The Gravedigger pokes the Artificer.
Wen: does he look alive?
Ganelon: Does he ever?
Greibel rubs the wall
Apheori (GM): He looks miserable.
Greibel: Something's eating his brain or something
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll again.
Greibel: Hey horsey dude, can you bust this wall?
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You roll too.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
\m/
Apheori (GM): Radek: The buzzing fades slightly, but you still can't do a whole lot.
Ganelon: These rolls are frighteningly consistent.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You walk through the wall.
Greibel: XD
Hey horsey dude! Never mind!
Apheori (GM): Radek: You see him do it.
Ganelon: I don't think I'm really in a state to do much about that.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Azira may have seen it too.
Rhu and Gravy weren't looking that way, though.
Aziraphale: Hey guys, where did Greibel go?
He was near that wall... and then he was just gone.
The Gravedigger: This is all getting a bit silly.
Aziraphale: A bit?
A BIT?
The Gravedigger: Well, it was weird before.
Now it's just silly.
Greibel does a silly walk on the other side of the wall
Aziraphale: I had a wall chatting me up, a door making indecent motions at me and then the room explodes and a doped up guy walked through a wall. Oh, and I saw a potted plant eat someone's face, and a room full of fanged hams, and floors that weren't real.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You follow the sense into another room, on another floor. Before you, you see a girl, maybe human, maybe not. She looks lost, confused, and does not seem to see you.
Aziraphale babbles incoherently
The Gravedigger: You're on drugs.
You should sit down for a bit.
Wen: this is me breaking down and telling everything
that was in the backstory given to me
Rhu mentions having seen some rather odd things as well.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Don't announce that to everyone! Add to the mystery!
Greibel goes up to the girl cautiouslu
Wen: sorry >.>
Greibel: cautiously too
Apheori (GM): NAw, it's fine.
Frezak (GM): I'll pick Radek up and put him in one of the chairs.
Lying around isn't gonna help.
Aziraphale takes a few deep breaths
Aziraphale: Okay, so what do we do now?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: She looks up and sees you. She's not human. In fact, you're not sure what she is - her eyes are a brilliant blue, glowing, even, and her face is alien like the models of the cenva you had seen as a child...
The Gravedigger: Well, I was hoping Radek would be able to poke at the city cameras.
Aziraphale: I suggest we get Radek somewhere marginally safe and try to find Greibel.
The Gravedigger: I have no idea what is safe.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: "I'm sorry," you hear her whisper.
Aziraphale: Well, can we improvise a stretcher?
The Gravedigger pokes the wall Greibel walked through.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You hear her too, but to you the voice is deafening.
The wall is solid.
The Gravedigger: I don't think it was anything physical.
It's probably just madness.
Greibel: What do you mean you're sorry? Are you lost?
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: Roll a d20.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
=
18
The Gravedigger:
rolling 1D20
(
20
)
=
20
Ganelon: YES
LET IT END
Radek: Radek: You get better, and stuff. Yeah.
Frezak (GM): Double crits, bitches.
Apheori (GM): Er.
Ganelon: Thank you, self.
Wen: XD
Apheori (GM): XD
Greibel: Roll d20.
Radek: Did one of you say something?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
The Gravedigger: Before or after you fell over?
Radek: After.
Things became rather deafening.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The girl suddenly gets very large, and changes, a form of immense light, gleaming in blackness. She screams, whatever she is, and dissappears.
The Gravedigger: Greibel walked through a wall.
Hmm.
Greibel: Well, that was fun.
The Gravedigger: HEY, GREIBEL.
GET BACK HERE
Bear Soup Guy: Did she leave anything behind?
Frezak (GM): 18 con lungs, again.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There's a pile of goop on the floor. You also realise you have no idea how to get back.
Frezak: You have a radio, you know.
Frezak (GM): I also have 18 con lungs.
Apheori (GM): ...yes.
Frezak (GM): RAdios are technology.
Apheori (GM): But there's a bunch of walls in the way.
Frezak (GM): Lungs are closer at hand.
Apheori (GM): TECHNOLOGICAL walls.
Frezak (GM): Ahhh, but the walls might not exist for him.
Wen: snrk
Apheori (GM): Greibel, roll a d20.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Apheori (GM): He doesn't hear you.
Greibel: XD
Frezak (GM): I'll try the radio.
Apheori (GM): The radio spits out horrible buzzing.
The Gravedigger: Hey, stoner guy?
Greibel touches the goop cautiously
The Gravedigger: Aaaaah.
The Gravedigger turns off radio.
The Gravedigger: Well.
Bugger.
Apheori (GM): It looks like goop.
Greibel: It sticks to your hands and turns into a pair of really suspicious, weird gloves.
The Gravedigger: CAN you get anything off the cameras, RAdek?
Greibel: Woah, cool
Radek: Let's... have a look.
Apheori (GM): One of the screens is showing a boot screen, stuck on network connect.
Aziraphale: That was happening to me too
The computers that worked couldn't connect.
Couldn't call anyone either. Networks all down.
Ganelon: Connecting to the building's security network, or something larger in scale?
Apheori (GM): The main network. You could try to get it to only do a local connect to the rest ofthe building.
Ganelon: I would like to try that.
Aziraphale: They'd turn on, work for a bit, flicker, and then shut down.
Apheori (GM): Roll something appropriate and fiddle with it, smart person.
Radek:
rolling 1d20+10
(
12
)
+10
=
22
Greibel , meanwhile, is wandering looking at his hands
Apheori (GM): Radek: You get the computer up with connectivity to the rest of the building.
Greibel: Roll a d20.
Radek: There. Let's see if the cameras are still operational.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see absolutely nothing unusual.
Radek: You find the cameras without trouble, with both live feeds on some, and logs available as well.
Ganelon: His "gloves" are gone?
Apheori (GM): He can't SEE them.
Wen: Radek: Do a /etc/init.d/network restart
/me runs
Apheori (GM) hits Wen with a frying pan.
Ganelon: In the interest of getting out of this building as soon as possible, I'd like to just download any recorded footage from these cameras and check it out somewhere less maddening.
Apheori (GM): You download what you can get.
Aziraphale: Radek: Anything useful?
Radek: Maybe. You'll excuse me for not wanting to sit around viewing it in here.
Apheori (GM): (It's a few months' worth of stuff.)
Aziraphale: So let's try to find Greibel and get the heck out of here.
Ganelon: Is he in view of any cameras?
Apheori (GM): You check the current feeds.
Looks like he's wandering down a corridor labelled 'pheasant'.
He's also walking through objects.
Radek points at the screen. "Done."
Apheori (GM): Some broken furniture, a few bodies, buckets of paint...
A... chicken?
The Gravedigger: A live chicken?
Ganelon: Oh no.
Frezak (GM): OOC
Ganelon: A rubber one.
Rhu: It looks dead, but it's moving.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Rhu: Are chickens supposed to do that?
Wen: judging from the map, can we reach him?
...without going through walls
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Azi: Roll a d20.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Ganelon: Another question: is there a speaker system?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You greet the swarm of undead chickens.
Gan: Probably. You should be able to access it from here.
Greibel: Ah, the chickens.
I knew this day would come.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The chickens flock around you and rub against your legs in a friendly fashion.
Ganelon: One last question: can we hear him or is this communication strictly one-way?
Apheori (GM): Roll when figuring it out.
Greibel: Maybe you chickens can tell me how to get back to the room with the dead guy in it?
Ganelon: ...Wait, what?
Greibel: I do speak chicken, after all.
Apheori (GM): Gan: The system.
Ganelon: You want me to roll again, then?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The chickens squack in confusion. Apparently in their dead state they forgot chicken themselves.
Gan: Right.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
4
)
+10
=
14
Greibel: Ah, to be expected
Greibel pets the chickens for a bit
Apheori (GM): Okay, you figure out how to use the intercom, and the remote speakers seem to respond as well.
Ganelon: Excellent
Radek: Hey, Greibel.
What the hell are you doing?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Radek's voice echos around you, spooking the chickens.
They run away in every direction.
Greibel: =O
Thanks Grumpy! You spooked the chickens!
Radek: And you disappeared. Do you even know where you are?
Greibel: Well...no, can't say as I do.
Where are you?
Radek: Where you /left me/, along with everyone else.
The Gravedigger: HEY GREIBEL
Greibel: Hi Gravy!
Also, I went to go meet that girl who was making noises.
She blew up though.
Aziraphale: A girl?
Aziraphale wonders if it's his cousin
Greibel: Yeah, she looked sort of alien, with blue eyes
Super blue eyes
Radek: (To the others): I heard... something like that.
Aziraphale: Like what?
Radek: A girl.
Aziraphale: Hmm.
Greibel: She told me she was sorry, guys.
The Gravedigger: You people are all going insane.
Greibel: But like, then she kind of blew up, like I said
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Radek: If you could just abandon the thought that this place exists in only one fixed state at a given point in time, this would make much more sense to you, Gravedigger.
The Gravedigger: Says the man who hears ghost girls and fall over because of mysterious sounds.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: Roll d20.
The Gravedigger:
rolling 1D20
(
4
)
=
4
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You too.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Radek: Allow me to pose you a riddle: what do you get when there is both a hole and not a hole occupying the same space?
The Gravedigger: You don't.
Holes are or they aren't.
Trust me.
I know holes.
Radek: Yet here we are.
Rhu: Holes in what?
Ganelon: I'd like to give Greibel some instructions to lead him back over here. Is that possible?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Let's just say you do it and he comes back.
The Gravedigger: If I was hearing ghost voices and you weren't you'd be calling me crazy.
Apheori (GM): But he has to roll a d20 on the way.
Ganelon: So many d20s.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: ROLL A d20.
Radek: Holes in reality.
Leading to other realities.
Aziraphale: Sounds like a book I read. Something about cutting through reality with a dagger.
Apheori (GM): Greibel. Roll.
Ganelon: ...Is anyone else familiar with this story he's talking about?
Apheori (GM): Might be. Probably would have read it as a child, so it depends on your backstory.
Wen: it's His Dark Materials >.> I'm just killing time while waiting for BSG
it's not meant to be part of canon
Apheori (GM): Shush. It can be a story here too.
Wen: sorry
Apheori (GM): Bah, screw it. *takes over Greibel*
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Ganelon: Well, given the age difference, I'm guessing that unless it's a very classic story, Radek was no child when it was published.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Apheori (GM): Okay, Greibel makes it back to the rest of you based on Radek's direction, but he thinks he's a chicken and he wants to go back and rejoin the swarm now.
Radek: Do any of you want to use this terminal for something else?
Apheori (GM): Frezak vanished.
Aziraphale: I think we'd better leave this room, if not this building.
Ganelon: That happens a lot when birds roost on his... satellite dish?
Apheori (GM): >.<
Where's bear soup guy?
The Gravedigger: Yeah, let's get some fresh air.
Radek: Wait.
Apheori (GM): Should we wait to actually do that until his return?
Ganelon: It would be nice.
Wen: someone ping him on skype?
Ganelon: But first I want to break open this tech and scavenge the pieces.
Apheori (GM): You get... a bunch of pieces!
...I know nothing about the mechanics of your class or what pieces you want, so you can figure it out.
Ganelon: Just give me a "money" value worth of mechanical junk.
Like... let me give you a comparison to help.
Apheori (GM): I don't know what he money is. >.<
Ganelon: Okay.
A dagger is 1 GP, a longsword is 15, a suit of very heavy armor is 50.
Apheori (GM): You get a decent-value worth of stuff and a dead rodent you found in one of the cases.
Ganelon: Very basic magical stuff is 360.
Greibel: SORRY I'M BACK
Apheori (GM): It looks like a squirrel.
Ganelon: One clockwork bomb can be made from 40.
That's probably the most relevant number.
Apheori (GM): Call it about 200.
The Gravedigger: WoW.
Ganelon: Lovely. Thank you.
Apheori (GM): And a dead squirrel.
Frezak (GM): That's a lot of stuffs.
Ganelon: It's not useful for anything other than alchemy, though.
Apheori (GM): Greiebel: You're convinced you're an undead chicken and you want to rejoin your swarm, but you found your way back to the others.
Frezak: Computers are full of stuffs.
Ganelon: Unlike the RAW STUFF OF MAGIC which I will probably be stockpiling too.
Greibel pecks at Radek
Radek: Gah!
Frezak (GM): Gravy will just pick Greibel up.
Radek: Thank you.
Frezak (GM): And lift him above his head.
Greibel clucks madly
Apheori (GM): Azira: d20
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Frezak (GM): I'll shake him vigourously until he calms down.
Apheori (GM): Azira: You suddenly get this feeling he's a chicken as well, but know it ain't right.
Frezak: It doesn't seem to help.
Aziraphale looks at Greibel in a puzzled manner
Aziraphale: ...Um, guys, I think we'd better just get out of here quickly.
There's some... influence here.
The Gravedigger: GREAT IDEA.
Aziraphale: If we have all the data and stuff we want, let's go.
Rhu: Best idea.
Wen: do we leave by the door?
Radek: Agreed.
Wen: do we have any trouble exiting through the bent and indecent door?
Greibel clucks in vague affirmation
Apheori (GM): Naw, the door poses no trouble.
Ganelon: I've half a mind to jump out the nearest ground-floor window at this point.
Rhu: What about the ship?
Will it even be there?
Aziraphale: Good idea to check, I think? It'd certainly be safer than any place I'd been during the past few days.
Apheori (GM): It's just that it was going crazy.
Rhu: It's just that it was going crazy.
Apheori (GM): Blarg.
The Gravedigger: Tell it it makes nice sandwiches.
Aziraphale: If it has communication devices you can also tell outsiders what you've found.
Greibel clucks at the word sandwiches
The Gravedigger: Radek has a thingy for that.
Rhu: We should report in, yeah.
Aziraphale: At any rate, I'd feel safer in something not affixed to this place. At the very least, outside of the building.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Apheori (GM): Azir, Gravedigger: You too.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): Azi: You manage to shake the impression that Greibel is a chicken.
Aziraphale is relieved
Apheori (GM): Azira and the Gravedigger: You hear something strange. Like some sort of twisting and cracking.
The guy who thinks he's a chicken may hear it too, but it wouldn't mean anything to him.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Aziraphale: Did you guys hear that?
Rhu starts screaming.
Aziraphale: I think we really should leave this place as soon as possible.
The Gravedigger: Some thing, breaking?
Oh, Rhu? You too?
Aziraphale: Possibly. Certainly nothing good.
Let's grab the insane ones and go.
Rhu: Broken, broken, broken, twisting, breaking, broken.
The Gravedigger: I can't carry both of you.
CAn you carry take Rhu, Azi?
Aziraphale: Yes.
The Gravedigger: Great.
Don't go insane, RAdek, or you're being dragged.
Onwards!
Radek: I don't plan to.
Ganelon: Onwards.
Wen: do we make it safely out of the building?
Apheori (GM): You charge down the hall and up the stairs.
Everyone roll.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Wen: /me pokes Greibel
The Gravedigger:
rolling 1D20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): Azira: You stumble at the noise. Now you can see it too.
Rhu recovers slightly but not very much.
Greibel also recovers slightly and gets confused.
A stream of water comes down the stairs - not enough to carry any of you off your feet, but enough to at least get your feet wet.
The Gravedigger: THE FISH.
Greibel: Hmmmm wet....wet....mumble
Wen: what do I see?
Apheori (GM): Things... twisting, crunching. It affects your balance.
Wen: I think we just keep running?
Unless we can't.
Apheori (GM): You all keep running! You make it back to the lobby full of bodies.
The fish you saw before is now completely rotted, as though it had been sitting out for days, perhaps weeks. There is a horrible, partly dry puddle around it.
The Gravedigger: Well, that's not great.
Frezak (GM): is the stoner still struggling?
Apheori (GM): Also the swarm of chickens apparently followed you.
Stoner: Roll!
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): The stoner is completely out of it now.
The Gravedigger: Aw, hell. Chickens!
Apheori (GM): Everyone roll!
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
The Gravedigger:
rolling 1D20
(
17
)
=
17
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Apheori (GM): Eeer.
Aziraphale, Rhu: It feels like reality is falling apart at the seams. Things are twisting, pulling, rocking.
Greibel: You're a chicken.
Greibel clucks confusedly
Ganelon: He should just Wild Shape into one.
Save us the confusion.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Things are shifting oddly and there are some odd noises, but you're more or less on top of it.
Gravedigger: You're firmly rooted in reality. Congratulations.
The Gravedigger groans.
The Gravedigger: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE ALL FUCKING INSANE.
Apheori (GM): Greibel turns into a swarm of chickens.
Wen: what can we do other than run like hell at this point?
Apheori (GM): He heads toward the sopping wet undead chickens.
You can... stop Greibel.
Frezak (GM): HOW?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
I have no idea.
Greibel SWARMS AROUND THE SWARM OF OTHER SWARMERS
Frezak (GM): Wellll.
Aziraphale grabs one of the chickens
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Frezak (GM): If he's a Swarm, then he's once creature.
I'd like to make a Grab attack.
Apheori (GM): Greibel comes to his senses.
Frezak (GM): Oh, good.
Apheori (GM): Make your grab.
Greibel: oik
Apheori (GM): You don't know he's come to his senses.
That still stands.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4
(
14
)
+4
=
18
Vs... what, Gan?
Ref?
Ganelon: Yes.
Greibel: Ref is 12
Apheori (GM): You manage to grab him.
Frezak (GM): I have most likely grabbed the swarm.
Apheori (GM): The undead chickens take this as a sign of hostility and attack.
Frezak (GM): By just scooping them um with my shield and shovel.
Dustpan-style.
Oh, crap.
The Gravedigger: WATCH OUT
CHICKENS
Ganelon: Thundering Armor!
Greibel: Oh no, the undead chickens!
Ganelon: I wish to make Gravy's armor repel chickens.
Rhu: Run!
Apheori (GM): ...sure.
Greibel agrees with Rhu
Ganelon: It's actually a power - just a push 1 away from him on a single target.
Greibel ans also is probably an elf again?
Ganelon: And it makes his armor a little better for a while.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: If you turned into an elf, you're an elf.
Frezak (GM): Are we in initiative?
Greibel: Okay, I did
Apheori (GM): Okay.
I don't know at this point.
What happens now, knowledgeable people?
Bear Soup Guy: CHICKEN BATTLE
Ganelon: Is this a fight?
Frezak (GM): If it's a /fight/, then we roll initiative.
Apheori (GM): It... could be. I don't know how fights work.
Frezak (GM): it's a monster, right?
Apheori (GM): What if you all try to run away? Would it still be a fight?
Frezak (GM): Ehhhh.
Ganelon: It could be or not be a fight.
Apheori (GM): The chickens decided to attack. Other than that it's up in the air.
Frezak (GM): Then it's gonna be initiatives.
And we can try to run on our turns.
Or somethign >.>
Ganelon: Rolling init.
Apheori (GM): ...sure.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Frezak (GM): Initiative
6
Ganelon: Here's a cool R20 feature for you lot.
He's got it figured out already, I see.
Frezak (GM): I made a macro thing.
Ganelon: Select your token and type /roll 1d20+(whatever your initiative mod is) .
Wen: I don't have one I think
Frezak (GM): You have Azi, Wen.
Ganelon: Then type "& {tracker}" without the space before those brackets.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Can you make a chicken token?
Frezak (GM): >.>
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1D20+0
(
7
)
+0
=
7
Apheori (GM): It doesn't need to look like chickens.
Just... so there's something there.
Wen: so it's... 0?
that's what it says under INIT
Ganelon: http://www.videogamesartwork.com/sites/default/files/images/image/1377110134/guildwars2_creatures_undead_chicken_concept_art_by_brian_lawver.jpg
Boom.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Right.
Ganelon: Thank you Guild Wars 2 for undead Orrian chickens.
Frezak (GM): CHICKEN.
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Bear Soup Guy: AH CHICKEN
Wen: ...wait what o_O
Rhu:
rolling 1d20 + 2
(
9
)
+2
=
11
Bear Soup Guy: I rolled a 7 by the way ^^^
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Wen: am I supposed to do something at this point? >.>
Apheori (GM): Good question.
GUYS.
Oh, wait, it's up to you.
Fight or run?
Bear Soup Guy: We lost Frezak D=
Aziraphale: Do we try to fend of the fiendish fowl, or do we flee for our er, faces?
fend off*
Ganelon: Does Apheori have monster stats for a horde of undead chickens?
Apheori (GM): I think so.
Ganelon: Well, let's wait on Frezak for now.
Aziraphale: brb bathroom
Wen: er, OOC
not sure where that would be in game >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Aziraphale was /very/ afraid of the chickens :>
Wen: hee
Apheori (GM): So if folks try to run away, how do we handle that?
Ganelon: Put an exit point on the map for us to reach?
Apheori (GM): Like that?
Ganelon: I suppose?
That's rather close, though. People can move 6 squares per action.
And 12 if they aren't attacking on the same turn. 16 if they choose to run.
Apheori (GM): There.
Bear Soup Guy: masterfully drawn
Aziraphale: So er, do we fight the patient chicken?
Or do we try to run?
Frezak (GM): Right.
i'll need some moments to load pictures >.>
Dude.
Gravy has never buried a swarm of undead chickens.
THis is Blong, God of Shovels, bringing him a gift.
Apheori (GM): You mean Amri Dan?
Well, here's the thing - Azira is up first. So he can do whatever.
WHATEVER.
Right?
That is how it works.
Right?
Ganelon: Basically.
Wen: but do we try to run?
and how hard is it to kill the chicken?
Ganelon: Can't know right now.
Apheori (GM): Pick one.
Greibel: CHICKEN BATTLE
Aziraphale looks around at everyone else
Apheori (GM): You can run. You can attack. You can cower.
Frezak (GM): I vote for smitage.
Apheori (GM): You can stand around confused.
You can try to grab Radek and run.
Wen: Do I have my sword back?
Apheori (GM): No.
But you have a spade.
Aziraphale: Okay, let's fight this thing.
Wen: so do I choose one of my at-will powers and do a roll based on that?
Apheori (GM): Guys, don't die.
Seriously, if you die here, you're screwed.
Also reality is still being freakishly warped and crap.
Frezak (GM): You're a paladin, right?
Apheori (GM): With lots of horrible noises.
Wen: HALP >.> so one minor action and one standard action, right? And I just pick two, and do two rolls based on the the descriptions. Did I get that right?
Ganelon: You get a standard, move, and minor.
Standards can become moves and moves can become minors.
So you could do three minors in one turn if you wanted, but it would be a pretty big waste.
Wen: so do I just say what action I'm taking and roll?
Ganelon: Well, you'll most likely need to be in range of the chickens first.
Wen: If it's melee, I need to be adjacent, correct?
Apheori (GM): What does this swarm attack aura 1 mean?
Frezak (GM): Means that it has an aura radiatin 1 square from it's edges.
Apheori (GM): Is that always there, or what?
Frezak (GM): yep.
Apheori (GM): Chicken aura!
Wen: okay, so first I move.. Tell me if I'm doing it wrong
Frezak (GM): wait, there's a thing for auras.
Apheori (GM): You have a gun, too.
Oh, neat.
Frezak (GM): There, secret GM aura.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so you moved. Now you can do a standard action and a minor.
Wen: so say if I want to use Holy Strike, I first roll a 1d20 + 7 for attack and then if it works, damage?
Frezak (GM): if the card says +7, then yep.
Ganelon: Most likely +6, since your weapon changed.
Wen: okay, here goes
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
20
)
+6
=
26
Frezak (GM): Niiiice
Ganelon: Well, that's a crit.
Frezak (GM): max damage!
Aziraphale: damage = 12 then.
Apheori (GM): Should it do extra damage since it's like holy or something on an undead mass?
Ganelon: Damage is 14.
Frezak (GM): What damage DOES Holy Strike do?
Ganelon: Because you're using an "axe".
Frezak (GM): Keywords?
Ganelon: I'm guessing 1[W] + str (4).
And yeah, is it radiant damage?
Wen: it is
Ganelon: Undead tend to hate that.
Frezak (GM): Then it should take an extra 5 damage from radiant.
Wen: plus bonus equal to wisdom mod (+3) if marked target
Not sure what "marked" means..
Frezak (GM): I think that's part of your... Divine Challenge?
Ganelon: Yes.
All Defender classes can apply marks.
Apheori (GM): Since that's a minor action, you could have done that too.
Do you want to tack it in?
Ganelon: A generic mark means that the marked target gets a -2 to hit if it makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
Wen: oh
Ganelon: A paladin's mark does something extra.
Wen: Urgh, yeah, tack that on
so it's [W] + str (+4) +3 for marked + whatever due to crit and different weapon and radiant
...can someone sort that out?
Frezak (GM): battleaxe is 1D10, soo
10+4+3+5.
22.
Wen: whoo!
Apheori (GM): Neat!
Frezak (GM): BUT.
It's a swarm.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): It takes half damage from Ranged and Melee attacks.
Apheori (GM): What does that do?
Wen: does the +5 come from crit or radiant?
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): Radiant.
Ganelon: Radiant.
Crits deal bonus damage when you have magic weapons.
Frezak (GM): Crit is just max damage unless you have a magical or High Crit weapon.
Ganelon: Right, yes, that too.
Frezak (GM): And Marked.
Wen: okay, so damage is 11?
Frezak (GM): Yup.
Wen: it looks like marked makes the chicken take hits when attacking, not when attacked.
Frezak (GM): Yep.
Ganelon: Yes, except with Holy Strike.
Apheori (GM): Oh gods Rhu's character sheet is horrific.
Ganelon: Yes it is.
I volunteer Frezak to make it readable later.
Apheori (GM): Can someone PLEASE reformat it for me at some point?
Like, remake it.
Completely.
Ganelon: Because I did two already.
Frezak (GM): Sure, i'll do that.
At some point >.>
Apheori (GM): In the meantime can you play Rhu because I can't read this?
Wen: WHOO I FINISHED A TURN.
>.>
Frezak (GM): I don't have his (bad) sheet.
And I don't have the webs to load it.
Apheori (GM): What's a whirlwind charge?
Frezak (GM): No idea.
Apheori (GM): Er.
Gan? Can you figure this out? >.>
Frezak (GM): Okay, power names and stat distribution, please.
Ganelon: I can't see it either.
Apheori (GM): That's the problem - I HAVE NO IDEA.
Frezak (GM): JUST THE NAMES.
WHirlwind Charge is an Encounter power.
Apheori (GM): http://dump.zaori.org/Rhu.pdf
Frezak (GM): GAH.
Apheori (GM): Gan: ^
Melee Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W] [standard action]
Ranged Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+2 [dexterity bonus] [standard action]
Bull Rush: +0 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Grab: +0 [base strength attack] vs reflex [standard action]
Move grabbed target: +0 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Apheori (GM): Escape: +7 [acrobatics] vs reflex / +0 [athletics] vs fortitude [move action]
Bond of Retribution [Level 1]
Radiant Vengeance [Level 1]
That mess?
Frezak (GM): His ability scores?
Okay, so.
Apheori (GM): Strength
10 (+0)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Dexterity
15 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Apheori (GM): Wisdom
19 (+4)
Charisma
8 (-1)
Frezak (GM): He will.... swear an oath of enmity on the swarm.
Then he'll move.
And charge using WHirlwing Charge.
Since the only enemy adjacent to him is his oath dude, he rolls twice.
rolling 1D20+7
(
3
)
+7
=
10
rolling 1D20+7
(
6
)
+7
=
13
Frezak (GM): He'll pick the higher number.
WHich still misses.
Unless the swarm has 13 AC.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
>.<
Frezak (GM): he will be sad.
And end his turn.
Apheori (GM): Thank you.
So the chickens...
The chickens try to flow all over Aziraphale.
What does necrotic mean?
Frezak (GM): It deals Necrotic damage.
Ganelon: Nothing unless he's vulnerable or resistant to it.
Frezak (GM): If Az has either resist or vulnerable necrotic, things happen.
Otherwise, nothing special.
Other than a sense of ickyness.
Ganelon: The only way a level 1 character can be resistant to it without magic equipment is if they're a vampire, though.
Wen: so I'm in trouble?
Ganelon: Eh, damage is damage.
Radek can fix you up.
Apheori (GM): You're probably going to be icky.
Ganelon: He can even fix ickiness.
Frezak (GM): It'll have -2 to hit because of the mark.
Ganelon: And other forms of filth.
...Eh? It's attacking the guy who marked it.
Frezak (GM): oh, right >.>
I thought it was Rhu.
JUST ROLL AND IGNORE ME
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
11
)
+4
=
15
Awwww.
Wen: no
Frezak (GM): Vs fort.
Wen: as the target, I'm damaged
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it failed.
Wen: \o/
Frezak (GM): What's Az's fort? O.o
Wen: 16
Frezak (GM): cripes.
Ganelon: Lucky you.
Hey, Lhoryn has 18. It's not that unheard of.
Wen: the divine challenge thingy only reduces damage if the targets don't include me
Greibel: BRB BECAUSE MY SISTER'S DOGS JUST WENT FUCKING INSANE AND ATTACKED EACH OTHER
Ganelon: Sounds serious
Apheori (GM): It's greibel's turn.
Frezak (GM): >.>
Wen: >.<
Apheori (GM): So hopefully the dog won't do anything too bad.
Frezak (GM): <.<
Apheori (GM): Oh, buggrit, I forgot to have you all roll sanity checks.
Everyone roll a d20!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Ganelon: I don't believe in chickens.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
8
)
=
8
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM) cacjles.
Apheori (GM): Cackling, even.
Okay, Azira, you think the chicken swarm got you even though it didn't. This may or may not have any real impact on anything.
Aziraphale: Ow.
Apheori (GM): Radek, Greibel: Reality seems to be shaking itself apart. Now the chickens are still there, but it's really... crazy.
Gravedigger: You're going to get to bury a swarm of chickens. It's going to be awesome.
Frezak (GM): FUCK YEAAAAAHHHHH
Glad to be Gravy.
Apheori (GM): Should we just play for Greibel for now?
Note that he's going crazy.
Frezak (GM): Gaaaaaan!
Ganelon: Uh.
Frezak (GM): Throw some crap and run in circles.
Ganelon: Fire Hawk!
rolling 1d20+4
(
15
)
+4
=
19
Reflex.
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
Single target, so half that, and the hawk is watching this swarm of chickens carefully.
Meaning it gets to make opportunity attacks against them.
And if the place is really looking that bad, I suppose he'd like to flee.
To there, if you please.
That is all.
Apheori (GM): Thankee.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will give the swarm a calculating look.
Apheori (GM): These chickens are going to feel shovelled.
Frezak (GM): Then, twirling his shovel, walk to here.
Wen: Is there any strategic advantage to some of the party fleeing but others staying to fight?
Apheori (GM): Wen: Congratulations: Your first attack in a DnD thing was... WITH A SHOVEL.
Wen: \o/
Frezak (GM): Ranged dudes want to stay away.
Ganelon: The good news is that I can easily fix your sword when we have time and are not going insane.
Wen: I see.
Frezak (GM): I will charge, I think.
Goring Charge!
rolling 1D20+9
(
17
)
+9
=
26
Vs AC.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
And it's prone.
Imagine that I just batted a bunch away and they're trying to regroup.
It is now raining undead chickens.
i'll use a free action to supersede Azi's mark with my own.
And end my turn.
Aziraphale glares
Wen: so combat actions are supposed to be done OOC?
Ganelon: "Pay attention to me!"
"No! I'm the bigger threat!"
Frezak (GM): Read your power.
You still get your burning bonus.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Works either way.
But generally speaking as your character you're... well, speaking.
As your character.
Ganelon: I just prefer to describe actions during combat like this.
Radek does not call out his attacks.
Wen: okay.
The Gravedigger: BEHOLD THE DIGGER OF YOUR GRAVE.
Ganelon: So here's a rules question, Frezak.
The Gravedigger: YOUR HOLE AWAIS
Frezak (GM): *awaits >.>
Ganelon: Do my weird burst powers get halved damage?
The ones that target single enemies using bursts.
Frezak (GM): let's see.
Ganelon: Also, do they get a penalty because of prone chickens?
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Ganelon: I mean, they're... sort of ranged?
Frezak (GM): It's a single target burst.
So it's a burst, nor ranged or melee.
Ganelon: Does that mean they're vulnerable to it?
Frezak (GM): And prone, as I understand, won't have any effect on it.
Umm.
Yes, I suppose.
no
Um.
>.>
Frezak (GM): Mechanically, it does look like a burst.
It's a close burst, what more.
So... yes.
Ganelon: Then you get an Ethereal Chill.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
3
)
+5+0
=
8
Or not.
Frezak (GM): gah.
Ganelon: Move to here and end my turn.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You trip on a corpse and fall on your face.
Frezak (GM): what;
Apheori (GM): He rolled a 2.
Frezak (GM): RAAADEEEEEEK
Apheori (GM) points up.
Apheori (GM): Actually I'm not sure if it was a corpse or not. But whatever.
He tripped on SOMETHING that wasn't there.
Ganelon: I'm prone. Turn ends regardless.
Frezak (GM): A less mobile dead chicken.
Okay, so here's the cool thing.
For starting next to the swarm, the swarm gets a free peck at Azi.
BUT.
Since /I/ have it marked, I get a slam as an interrupt to that attack.
SO i'll start.
Frezak (GM): With WARDEN'S FURY.
rolling 1D20+6+2
(
18
)
+6+2
=
26
rolling 1D10+4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
And it grants Combat Advantage until the end of my next turn.
Now it can peck the paladin.
Apheori (GM): Azira: roll 1d20
Before you do anything else.
Wen:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, I'm back, sorry
I'm dog-sitting
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Was that 8 damage or less than 8?
Bear Soup Guy: And one of the dogs is an idiot
Ganelon: Sitting on dogs?
Frezak (GM): It's half 8 >.>
Wen: are the dogs all alive still?
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, one of them just got a bloodied nose
Unfortunately not the stupid antagonistic one >_<
Apheori (GM): Frezak: What's a basic attck?
Frezak (GM): Any attack with a circle around the symbol.
Swarm of Beaks for this guy.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Azi: Go.
Wen: okay
Frezak (GM): SMITE IT.
Wen: I'm going to move next to Gravy
Apheori (GM): Oh, and everyone else, roll a d20.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
7
)
=
7
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Wen: and use a forbidding strike
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
...does that hit?
Apheori (GM): Against ac?
No.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Wen: yes
argh
okay, so minor action
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Wen: what is a "day" in game time?
(for the daily actions)
Ganelon: 6 hours of rest gets them back.
Uninterrupted rest.
Wen: er.
is it a bad idea to use a daily action at this stage?
Ganelon: Well, what time is it on Sarathi?
Apheori (GM): Probably evening.
You've been tromping around all day.
Ganelon: Then you can probably get away with using it.
Apheori (GM): And now you're all losing your minds.
Ganelon: As we'll sleep soon regardless.
Apheori (GM): If you don't lose your minds first.
Wen: actually it'd be useless, since I already did my attack this turn.
Ganelon: Not so.
You have an ACTION POINT!
Which is to say, all characters have one action point at the start of each day and get one more after every two fights.
Wen: so I can have one extra attack?
Ganelon: And you may spend one per round to get an extra standard action on your turn.
Which you can use for whatever you want.
Wen: err okay
so I use Divine Strength (+4 on next attack)
and again do a Forbidding Strike using the action point
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Bear Soup Guy: Okay guys I think I have to go
Wen: ...that still isn't enough, right?
Bear Soup Guy: Because more dog stuff
Wen: >.<
good luck BSG.
Bear Soup Guy: Thanks
>_<
Ganelon: Hm.
Wen: well, there goes my turn anyway
Ganelon: Can Rhu not give people a reroll?
Wen: what's the swarm's AC anyway?
Apheori (GM): 15
Ganelon: Oh, also, you had combat advantage for this attack (+2 to hit)
Apheori (GM): And dude, you're all elves. You should get a free re-roll anyway, no?
Ganelon: Not at all.
Frezak (GM): What mechanical race is Azi?
Ganelon: Human.
Wen: er
Ganelon: (Nissai)
Wen: isn't that a kind of elf?
Frezak (GM): Then it's just Greibel that has Elven Accuracy.
Apheori (GM): Rhu does too according to his thing.
Ganelon: There are kinds of elves in 4E that don't have Elven Accuracy.
Eladrin, Drow, and Half-Elves don't, for instance.
It's only available to a specific kind.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Meh, just keep beating on this thing so it all dies, will y'all?
Ganelon: But Rhu can Channel Divinity to give someone else a reroll against his oath target, I think.
Apheori (GM): If he can, can you make it happen?
I plead confusion.
Ganelon: Am I mistaken, Frezak?
Frezak (GM): yeah he can give one reroll per encounter.
Best not waste it on an at-will >.>
Apheori (GM): Okay, moving on.
Does Rhu get attacked by chickens too?
Frezak (GM): yup
Ganelon: Do you get to punish them for it, or is that a 1/round deal?
Apheori (GM): Does the guy who marked it get to smack it again?
What he said.
Frezak (GM): Did Azy reapply his mark?
Wen: No.
so it's still your mark.
Frezak (GM): Then he just has -2 to hit.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Ganelon: Shame on you, chickens.
Apheori (GM): So Gan... what does Rhu do?
Frezak (GM): Um.
Ganelon: I don't know!
Frezak (GM): He will shift 1.
Ganelon: I'm already playing Greibel!
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): And thennnn.
Apheori (GM): Okay. >.>
Frezak (GM): Radiant Vengeance.
Apheori (GM): I only slightly mixed you guys up!
Frezak (GM): wait, no >.>
Apheori (GM): Whatever that is.
Frezak (GM): Bond Of Retribution.
Ellemerr: Who is Rhu? Should I play Rhu? I don't think I'd be a very good Rhu. *shifty eyes* If Lokshmi comes back I could give it a try!
Frezak (GM): Vengeance is ranged.
Retributionising.
rolling 1D20+8
(
3
)
+8
=
11
Apheori (GM): You'd be an excellent Lokshmi, but she ain't coming back.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Ellemerr: Aaaaaw
Frezak (GM): I WILL TAKE THE SECOND ROLL I THINK.
rolling 2D6+4
(
3
+
4
)
+4
=
11
Radiant, so 16.
And halved because swarm.
and that's it for him.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6 on Rhu...
(
17
)
+6
=
23
Ganelon: One of these defenders ought to be doing something about that.
Frezak (GM): Umm.
Wen: Hmm?
Apheori (GM): What?
Ganelon: Am I mistaken?
Frezak (GM): Yeah, Azi's Challenge triggers.
Wen: wait what? but wasn't it replaced with your mark?
Frezak (GM): If you read your power...
Doesn't have to be someone marked BY you at the time.
Just someoen that you attacked and is marked.
Apheori (GM): So why didn't it activate when the swarm attacked Rhu during Rhu's turn?
Frezak (GM): Because we're dumb and don't track things right in our heads.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Ganelon: That's supposed to be Wen's job.
Wen: it also says "a new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place". I thought that meant the effects no longer apply once the mark is not in effect.
Ganelon: But he's new to this and neither Frezak or I have ever played real paladins.
The most paladin experience I have is with a character who calls herself one but has no ability to defend people and no support from her god.
Frezak (GM): Ummm >.>
I DONT KNOW.
Ganelon: Who marked it last?
Frezak (GM): Me.
Wen: Gravy.
Frezak (GM): We'll go with Azi not triggering.
Ganelon: Then he gets his punishment action.
Frezak (GM): I already did on Azi's turn.
It's an Immediate Interrupt.
Ganelon: Once per round, then?
Right.
Ugh, I hate that rule.
Nothing happens then, just roll the damage.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 3
(
2
)
+3
=
5
What does ongoing damage mean?
Ganelon: At the start of that person's turn, they take the number specified.
Frezak (GM): ongoing 3.
At the beginning of each of his turns, he takes 3 damage.
At the end of his turn he can try to qave against it.
Ganelon: At the end of their turn they do a saving throw (roll d20) and if it's 10 or higher they stop taking ongoing damage.
Frezak (GM): *save
Ganelon: There are other ways to get saving throws. Also penalties/bonuses that can be applied to them. None are in play right now.
Apheori (GM): Swarm of chickens assaulted. Next.
Oh, wait, it was prone.
That might have affected something.
Frezak (GM): Ohhhh.
THat's true.
WE ARE STUPID.
That's -2 to attack rolls while prone >.>
Apheori (GM): Combat is hard. >.<
Ganelon: It was prone, and marked, so -4.
But she rolled so high I think it hit anyways.
Frezak (GM): yeah.
Ganelon: Result of 19? Yeah, it hit.
Frezak (GM): It will probably spend a move action to stand, though.
Apheori (GM): AGH THIS CHARACTER SHEET IS HORRIBLE.
Okay, it stood at some point.
NEXT.
Ganelon: Far out.
Have another hawk.
rolling 1d20+4
(
12
)
+4
=
16
Reflex?
Apheori (GM): Yuh.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+4
(
6
)
+4
=
10
Apheori (GM): Is that halved?
Ganelon: Yes.
Only Radek's damage isn't.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: Or if Gravy does some area attack.
Apheori (GM): Also Griebel is crazy.
Frezak (GM): No surprise there.
Apheori (GM): He should turn into something random.
What all can he turn into?
Ganelon: Pretty much any animal.
Frezak (GM): Any animal of roughly equivalent mass.
A large pig.
A midget elephant.
Ganelon: He has a... preference for large guardian sorts, though.
Apheori (GM): He turns into a moose.
Frezak (GM): A small moose, though.
A mooseling.
Mooselet.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
HE'S A MOOSE NOW.
Frezak (GM): Okay.
Gan.
What's his Encounter,
*?
Isn't it the prone if marked thing?
Gan?
Frezak (GM): AM I GONE AGAIN?
Apheori (GM): No.
But he seems to be.
Ganelon: It is.
Frezak (GM): WOULD THAT NOT BE NICE NOW?
Also he has Grounding Shot.
I think.
Ganelon: ...Why would he have Grounding Shot?
Apheori (GM): The moose?
Ganelon: He doesn't even use a ranged weapon.
Apheori (GM): And he's a moose.
Frezak (GM): RAnged powers.
Ganelon: Man, I don't even know.
His encounter is that spirit wolf thing.
But its range is 5.
Frezak (GM): Nevermind >.>
Apheori (GM): Moose.
Ganelon: And yes, he can't do it as a moose.
So his turn is pretty much over.
He runs in circles.
Frezak (GM): Gravytime.
Apheori (GM): Appropriate.
Frezak (GM): I'll open with Roots Of Stone.
I am flanking with RHu so I have Combat advantage.
rolling 1D20+8
(
7
)
+8
=
15
Wen: (brb)
Frezak (GM): AC?
Apheori (GM): 15
Frezak (GM): Ties are hits.
So...
rolling 1D10+4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Damage is not halved on this.
And if the swarm moves away from me before my next turn, it'll fall prone.
My interrupt is no longer granting CA to allies.
Frezak (GM): And my turn is over.
Ganelon: Aren't they also vulnerable to area moves?
Apheori (GM): The building feels like it's going to fall down.
Frezak (GM): Oh, right.
Another 5 damage.
WHich building?
Apheori (GM): The one you're in.
Frezak (GM): I thought we were outside.
Apheori (GM): I mean, it's giving the feeling. But it's not actually... it still seems structurally sound.
Frezak (GM): Just the sounds its making,
*?
Apheori (GM): You got up the stairs, got swarmed by chickens, and then decided to fight instead of going the rest of the way out the door.
Sounds for you, yes.
Ganelon: I stand up.
Apheori (GM): Radek sees a bit more.
Ganelon: What do I see?
Apheori (GM): The place... twisting.
Cracks in the walls.
Cracks in the air. Shimmering.
Ganelon: Making this attack through Azi, then.
Because he's in range.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
11
)
+5+0
=
16
Reflex.
Apheori (GM): Aye.
Ganelon: What's the vulnerability for area moves?
5?
Apheori (GM): Mhm.
Frezak (GM): yup
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5+5
(
6
)
+5+5
=
16
Not halved.
If the swarm attacks Azi, it takes 2 cold damage.
Frezak (GM): Dude.
Ganelon: Hm?
Frezak (GM): Why didn't you do Thundering?
Bah, nevermind.
Ganelon: Because I would rather we get out of here injured than take a single turn longer than necessary?
My turn is over.
Apheori (GM): Everyone roll a d20.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
12
)
=
12
That's for Gravy.
Wen:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Apheori (GM): Okay, so chickens attack Azi.
Aziraphale: Ow.
Apheori (GM): Does anyone have a mark that would activlate?
Frezak (GM): I'll interrupt.
rolling 1D20+8
(
5
)
+8
=
13
AC.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Frezak (GM): Curses.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6 ac on Azi.
(
11
)
+6
=
17
Okay, have at your turn.
Wen: wait, so it didn't do anything because my AC > 17, yes?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Wen: Okay, so Aziraphale uses a Divine Challenge on the swarm.
and then a Forbidding Strike
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
8
)
+6
=
14
...damn it.
I forfeit the move.
so my turn ends.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Chickens attack Rhu. Do you interrupt it or something?
Ganelon: No, it just takes damage first.
Frezak (GM): I think Azi burns it.
Wen: -2 penalty on attack
Apheori (GM): Ah, okay.
Wen: also +3 radiant damage on attack
Ganelon: But before it makes the attack, it burns... right?
Wen: (against it)
Ganelon: Also I think it's more than +3.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
8
)
+6
=
14
Frezak (GM): it takes 3 +Cha mod radiant damage for attacking.
Ganelon: I'm pretty sure I gave you a feat that makes it + strength mod as well.
Wen: my cha mod is 0 though.
Apheori (GM): It misses.
Wen: doesn't say on the character sheet at least
Apheori (GM): So it takes 3 + 4 + 5 damage?
Wen: it just deals extra radiant damage
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Wen: I don't know where the +4 +5 came from
the +3, yes.
since it's the first time it's attacking someone else before the end of the turn.
Ganelon: You have a feat that adds your strength modifier to that damage.
Frezak (GM): at least 3+5 since it's 3 radiant.
Ganelon: And because it's radiant, it takes another +5.
Wen: I can link to my character sheet if it isn't against the rules?
I don't see it at least :/
Apheori (GM): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9qA2rGREpTJUXczLWlJZFAtRFk/edit?pli=1
Whatever.
Wen: or http://uncy.co/y/az
Apheori (GM): Whatever.
IT GOT HARMED.
Frezak (GM): RHU
Ganelon: Mighty Challenge.
Frezak (GM): WILL POKE IT.
Ganelon: The description sucks but that's what it does.
Apheori (GM): AWESOME.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
11
)
+8
=
19
rolling 1D20+8
(
16
)
+8
=
24
HITS.
Wen: urgh, okay.
Apheori (GM): Rhu successfully pokes it.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 2D6+4
(
2
+
5
)
+4
=
11
Radiant.
So... +5:16
halved it 8.
WHOOO
Apheori (GM): Whu successfully kills it.
Ellemerr: You kill the chicken-swarm just as I've read up! Whoo!
Apheori (GM): Bloody horribly boring chicken swarm.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will use his shield as a carrying thing to carry as many dead chickens and he ca;
WELL.
Ellemerr: I thought it was hillarious. xD
Frezak (GM): It SHOULD have been making multiple attacks.
Apheori (GM): Well, maybe.
Frezak:
Wen: I'm just glad it's dead.
Apheori (GM): WHAY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO.
Frezak (GM): It can bite twice on it's turn and had 2 AP.
BECAUSE YOU HAVE OT LEARN TO READ MONSTER SHEETS.
Wen: IT'S DEAD.
DING DONG
Frezak (GM): And I FORGOT.
Apheori (GM): Dude, I don't know what any of this stuff means.
Wen: THE SWARM IS DEAD.
Apheori (GM): So I just ignored the bits I didn't understand.
Which was most of them.
Wen: where's the next convenient break point by the way? I kind of want to get dinner >.>
Frezak (GM): >.>
Apheori (GM): >.>
What did Rhu need to roll to get rid of the necrotic thingy?
Ellemerr: I've just read up! *flails* I have to go to bed sooon!
Apheori (GM): Or can it just go away now?
Frezak (GM): If you don't understand things, please ASK.
Apheori (GM): I did!
I asked about them as they came up!
Frezak (GM): It's easier if it just vanishes.
Apheori (GM): So y'all killed a thing. Greibel's a moose.
What now?
There are cracks everywhere.
Frezak (GM): I'm carrying as many as I can outside.
Ganelon: FLEE.
Apheori (GM): And funny noises.
Did Gravy seriously pick up the chickens and take them with?
Frezak (GM): yes?
Apheori (GM): Who grabs the moose?
Frezak (GM): PIling them on his shield like a platter.
Aziraphale: I do.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
YOU ALL FLEE.
You wind up in the dusk.
There's smoke rising from several buildings.
Frezak (GM): I look for dirt.
Apheori (GM): SHIP is gone.
You're in a parking lot.
There's mostly just cement and asphalt.
There are some potted trees, though.
You could use one of those.
Frezak (GM): that'll do.
I'll uproot the tree.
And bury the chickens.
Apheori (GM): Strength check on tree...?
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4
(
11
)
+4
=
15
I can just spadechop the roots.
Apheori (GM): It doesn't budge,
You should do that.
Frezak (GM): I will busy myself with the removal of the tree, then.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so you're doing that...
Perhaps this would be a good point to stop. >.>
Ellemerr grumbles.
Apheori (GM): What?
Wen: My stomach concurs >.>
Apheori (GM): As does mine.
It wants lunch.
Also we're missing two of five people already.
Ellemerr: Fiiiiine, go eat your food. I'll find other things to read.
Ganelon: Well, first off, I have some minor matters of business as Radek to take care of.
Firstly, is the world outside still crazy?
Apheori (GM): Much less so.
But yes.
Especially the sky.
And the boats.
Ganelon: Alright then.
Apheori (GM): And the light.
Wen: Can Radek report back without SHIP?
Apheori (GM): He can try.
Wen: damn it, the caps lock indicator thingy on my computer blocks the text input box >.<
Ganelon: I'll save that for when everyone is here.
Wen: Okay, so do we stop here?
Ganelon: I suppose. Just remind me to fix your sword next time
Wen: Okay.
Ganelon: It will cost the equivalent of three gold coins worth of magic dust.
That's very little.
I'll drum up a tab of how much magic dust belongs to each person as we find things for Radek to destroy, though.
Frezak (GM): We'd need magic things, though.
Ganelon: Yes.
Frezak (GM): Unless we melt down someone's arm.
Ganelon: Basically, I'm putting this ritual on his tab.
He owes me three pinches of residuum.
Frezak (GM): Greibel will pay you in drugs.
And I'm sorry for the boring fight >.>
Ganelon: It's fine.
Wen: so do we agree on a time for the next session or...?
Ganelon: I'm fine with "not tomorrow".
Any time after tomorrow is suitable.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, I have a game HOPEFULLY WITH GAN tomorrow.
Ganelon: Of course with me.
Apheori (GM): Can everyone make it monday?
Frezak (GM): SHould do.
Ganelon: Sure, though you'll want to ask the other two who aren't here, of course.
Frezak (GM): Or put them in a box.
Wen: (Monday works for me)
(well, anything works until the end of next week pretty much)
Apheori (GM): Let's aim for that, then, and see what we can do with the others.
Frezak (GM): boxes.
Ellemerr: Get going to where you find me! Never mind that I'll be gone again almost at once; we can have an awkward first introduction and then you'll be lucky enough to not see my gal for a while and it'll be swell! Yeah!
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: It could take awhile. >.>
Ellemerr: ... I know.
Don't worry about it. I'll read and... do all the things I need to do.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Wen: same time on monday?
or different time?
Apheori (GM): Same, probably.
Wen: okay
...anything else? Otherwise I'm going to go console my poor stomach.
Apheori (GM): FOOOOOOD.
Wen: FOOOOOOD. 

Session 3

Wen: Hi team.
Apheori (GM): My sea of pdfs is inclined to drown.
Frezak (GM): Make a boat.
Ganelon: Hello.
Bear Soup Guy: Adobe Boat
Apheori (GM): Okay, where were we all?
Frezak (GM): I was digging a hole.
Wen: in the parking lot
SHIP is gone.
Frezak (GM): *SURPRISE*
Wen: that backstabbing bastard, I mean, er.
Frezak (GM): I was under the impression SHIP was more female than male.
Unless bastard is also genderless.
Apheori (GM): It is.
Wen: but usually male
Ganelon: It is, it's just very male-biased.
Wen: used as an insult, people tend to substitute bitch for females.
but I guess you could technically call a girl born out of wedlock a bastard.
Apheori (GM): Right.
GRAVY IS DIGGING UP A TREE.
Frezak (GM): Well, ship has buggered off.
Radek was about to try and see if he can report back?
Apheori (GM): RADEK IS CONSIDERING THE... OTHER SHIPS OR SOMETHING.
GREIBEL IS A MOOSE.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY MOOSE
Frezak (GM): MOOSE
Apheori (GM): RHU IS STARING AT GRAVY.
Ganelon: I want to go to that shipwreck, yes.
But right now I need... probably 10 minutes' time.
Wen: goddamn it people test your website on windows.
Apheori (GM): AZIR IS HAPPY TO BE OUTSIDE.
Wen: very much so yes.
Ganelon: As in, Radek does.
Not I.
Frezak (GM): Magic ritual time?
Ganelon: Damn straight.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
MAKE HOLE.
Ganelon: To Make Whole.
Not to be confused with digging.
The Gravedigger: I CAN MAKE HOLES TOO, GUYS.
Apheori (GM): You're doing that already.
Frezak (GM): Without even using magic.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Apheori (GM): You can stop being a moose if you want.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie dokie
Apheori (GM): Everyone else, do stuff.
Aziraphale stares around wildly
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Apheori (GM): You're sane. Congratulations.
Ganelon: What I'm doing takes quite some time, but these fellows are welcome to watch as I draw circles around this broken sword.
Greibel: Oh man, I love broken sword magic!
Ganelon: Well, 10 minutes is quite some time compared to the length of a fight, anyway.
Or most discussions.
Frezak (GM): Brb, Assume I'm burying a swarm of undead chickens.
Rhu: Greibel, Azir: d20 again.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Wen: crap
Apheori (GM): Oops. Oh well.
Hmm.
I need to wake up.
Wen: /me drops a 2kg weight on Apheori
Apheori (GM): Oh, bugger, I guess Rhu was the only one who noticed.
Bear Soup Guy pulls the lever dropping a 16 ton weight on Apheori
Apheori (GM): So Rhu's just sort of staring.
Nevermind him, though.
So Azir and Greibel are watching the shiny artificer.
Gravy: YOU FINISH DIGGING UP THE TREE.
And then he probably just buries them.
Argh, I need... waking.
Frezak (GM): Burying dem birdies.
Apheori (GM): Okay, you're all busy and for some inane reasons nothing particularly weird is happening besides whatever Rhu was staring at, so I'ma get some tea.
Bear Soup Guy: They were zombies so you may need to bury them twice as deep
Frezak (GM): What is twice dead cannot rise again!
Or something.
Wen: I want a second monitor
Frezak (GM): I'll just pack the earth really tight.
You can't have mine.
i'm using it.
Wen: Damn it.
brb bathroom.
Bear Soup Guy: The bathroom probably has a second monitor
Frezak (GM): Like all good bathrooms.
Apheori (GM): I could use a fifth monitor.
Ganelon: I could use a monitor lizard.
Wen: Back.
Apheori (GM) feels like dropping a car on the parking lot.
Wen: I was actually considering going on campus to one of the labs and stealing the use of a monitor.
but noo, closed over the break.
Apheori (GM): >.<
GUYS.
Wen: HI.
Frezak (GM): HELLO.
Apheori (GM): There is a loud WHOMP from the other end of the lot.
Aziraphale: What was that noise?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: YOU DONE BURYING YET?
Greibel looks toward the WHOMP
Frezak (GM): YOU TELL ME.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It looks messy.
FREZAK: YOU'RE DOING BURYING.
Frezak (GM): I'll turn and squint, using Gravy-vision.
Greibel: It's okay guys, it was just a WHOMP
Aziraphale: What kind of WHOMP?
Apheori (GM): A messy WHOMP.
Frezak (GM): Messy?
Apheori (GM): Maybe you should go and look.
Frezak (GM): Organic?
Apheori (GM): It sounded messy.
Frezak (GM): DID A FISH GO SPLAT?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
The Gravedigger: Flying fish!
TO THE FISH
Apheori (GM): It could have been a fish.
Frezak (GM): I will charge towards the sound.
Aziraphale walks cautiously toward the source of the noise
Apheori (GM): You go and investigate, and...
...well, something went splat.
Frezak (GM): GOSH.
Ganelon: When 10 minutes have transpired, let me know.
Rituals require me to stay in place and pay attention
Frezak (GM): So we see... globs?
Ganelon: Though as a player I'll always be here to offer snarky commentary, fear ye not.
Greibel: Hey Gravy, you ever bury globs?
Apheori (GM): There are globs.
The Gravedigger: Many globs.
But.
If there's something i've learnt.
It's that there are always new globs.
Apheori (GM): And some things that might be bone.
Frezak (GM): And I try Perception to identify the globs?
Greibel: What a nice thought
Frezak (GM): *can I try
Wen: does it look alive?
Frezak (GM): ZOMBIE GLOBS AAAAA
Apheori (GM): It's definitely not alive now.
ROLL.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
20
)
+8
=
28
EEEEEEAGLE EYES
I SEE ALL.
THE UNIVERSE UNFOLDS.
Wen: If it's another undead something battle I'm going to kill someone. >.>
Apheori (GM): You discern that it used to be a small dragon.
Bear Soup Guy: "I can see forever!"
Ganelon: You should be looking forward to fighting undead, what with the holy powers.
Apheori (GM): You also see some bits of metal.
The Gravedigger: That used to be a small dragon.
THere's also...
The Gravedigger rummages for the metal bits.
The Gravedigger: THIS.
Apheori (GM): You hold up a half-digested...
Light fixture.
Aziraphale: Does anyone know if there are supposed to be dragons in this place?
The Gravedigger: Well, that's odd.
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LIVE HERE.
WHY DONT YOU KNOW?
Greibel: Does it shine groovy colors?
Apheori (GM): Dragons are not native to Sarathi, but one of this size could have been kept as a pet.
Azir: You can't know everything about the entire planet.
Aziraphale: Gravy: I've never seen the, certainly.
Frezak (GM): Do dragons normally eat light fixtures?
Wen: WELL TELL THAT TO GRAVY EH
Apheori (GM): YOU TELL IT TO HIM. I'm just leaving a note.
Wen: them*
well okay I just did
Apheori (GM): GOOD.
Frezak (GM): ALRIGHT.
Bear Soup Guy: I wish I could do real life perception rolls
Apheori (GM): And I dunno, do dragons normally eat light fixtures?
Also it's starting to glow.
Frezak (GM): They're your dragons.
Apheori (GM): GAN: YOUR GUY FINISHES.
Frezak (GM): What's glowing?
The globs or the metal?
Apheori (GM): The light fixture.
Oh, wait.
Ganelon: Marvelous, let's see what all the hubbub is about.
Apheori (GM): The globs are too now.
Frezak (GM): I WILL DROP THE LIGHT FIXTURES.
And double-move back.
Greibel: This is like the world's most disorganized lava lamp
The Gravedigger: DO dragons normally glow?
Aziraphale mutters something
Radek: Dragons?
Aziraphale is really muttering now
The Gravedigger: Dead glowy dragon here.
Aziraphale: babble babble babble
The Gravedigger: WHAT ARE YOU SAYING AZI?
Apheori (GM): Radek: Only certain kinds do, and they wouldn't be this small.
Frezak (GM): 18 con lungs.
Greibel: I presume this dragon was owned by Zombie Timothy Leary
Aziraphale: something something Alesvrie something
The Gravedigger: STOP MUMBLING.
Aziraphale shuffles his feet uncomfortably
The Gravedigger pokes Aziraphale.
Aziraphale: I think I might know where the dragons might have come from.
The Gravedigger: Awesome!
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Aziraphale: This is just a shot in the dark... but well, the truth is that I was taking part in an experiment, and then when I left the double insulated lab, everyone was just gone.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
The Gravedigger: What.
Were you mucking about with SCIENCE?
Gaaaaah.
RADEEEEEK
Radek: Don't you even start.
Aziraphale: Not me. My employer was.
Radek: What was the experiment?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see the sky.
Greibel: Lava lamps, I bet
Aziraphale: Something about summoning creatures from different planes of existence, or possibly just make creatures that existed in different dimensions real? I didn't really understand the details.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It looks horribly wrong.
(From Aziraphale): sorry, quicker just to paste what you gave me >.>
Greibel: Woooah
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Like a lava lamp.
Greibel: A HUNGRY ONE.
(To Aziraphale): No worries.
Greibel: Guys look at the sky!
Aziraphale looks
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
Greibel: That's the most dangerous looking light up goo I've ever seen!
Frezak (GM): Gravy looks as well.
Wen: do I add insight or something?
Ganelon: I'll look.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: d20
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
17
Ganelon: It would be stupid not to.
Apheori (GM): d20!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Apheori (GM): Wen: I'll add the relevant thingy here.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): The sky seems to be the wrong colour.
And the light is going the wrong direction.
And there are cracks.
But none of you see anything resembling a hungry lava lamp effect.
The Gravedigger: Well that's queer.
Apheori (GM): Greibel does.
Greibel: I quite agree, Horseman
Rhu: It's glowing. Mutating.
Aziraphale: So, dead dragons, half digested light fixtures, the sky having diarrhoea...
What's next?
The Gravedigger: UNdead chickens?
No, wait, we did that.
BIg piles of money?
Rhu: More?
Aziraphale: I sincerely hope not.
That'd be nice.
The Gravedigger: Sandwiches?
Aziraphale: A ship that works would be nicer.
The Gravedigger: Eventually there won't be any bad things.
Aziraphale: I just want to get the hell out of this place now.
Bad things never run out.
It's the way of things.
Aziraphale mutters darkly
Greibel: Nonsense
Rhu: There is a pile of money over here, actually.
Greibel: After the planet has been fully digested and there's nothing left to feel
Rhu points.
Radek: I don't know what your employers thought they were doing, Aziraphale, but they sound like a bunch of amateurs and this was probably their fault too.
Greibel: There will be no bad things :D
The Gravedigger: Yeah, listen to the drugged madman.
What?
Money?
Aziraphale approaches the pile of money cautiously
The Gravedigger peers in the pointed direction.
Apheori (GM): It looks like a pile of money.
Aziraphale pokes it with his borrowed shovel
Apheori (GM): It's a pile of money. You're not sure the currency, but it would probably sell for a lot.
Aziraphale: Radek, can I have my sword back?
The Gravedigger: Careful with that.
It's an antique.
Radek: Of course. You will notice that it is in most excellent shape once again.
Aziraphale: Mucha gracias.
Does anyone object if I keep the money?
As in, keep it with me.
The Gravedigger shrugs.
The Gravedigger: I'm here to bury things.
Greibel shrugs too
Greibel: I'm here to...why am I here anyway?
Ganelon: Is it a pile that could even be carried?
Aziraphale: Gravy, thanks for the shovel, you can have it back now
The Gravedigger: You're welcome.
Radek sighs at Greibel's remark.
Frezak (GM): SHOVEL GET.
Wen: Hee.
Apheori (GM): He has a bag, but it'd probably be easier to dump it on the gravedigger or split it.
Frezak (GM): What form is the money IN?
Wen: that large a pile?
WE'RE RICH!
Frezak (GM): I'd have thought future money was digital.
Apheori (GM): It's... not huge, but enough to be inconvenient.
IT is.
Aziraphale: Okay, what about we split it?
eggs in more than one basket and all that.
Apheori (GM): You'll need to fence it for it to have real value.
Greibel: Lucky it didn't get all wet from the dragon globs
Radek: Sensible, though I can't see what good it will do us while we're here.
Aziraphale: Well, let's split it anyway
Ganelon: Oh yeah, is the dragon still glowing?
Aziraphale pockets 1/5
Frezak (GM): brb
Apheori (GM): The dragon is still glowing.
It looks like some sort of (al)chemical reaction.
Ganelon: I am highly intrigued but not foolish enough to assume it's safe.
Bear Soup Guy: Can I inspect the dragon with my NATURE?
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Greibel: okay
rolling 1d20 + 11
(
20
)
+11
=
31
Apheori (GM): Azir: It looks like the others aren't interested in the pile of money.
Wen: \o/
Bear Soup Guy: SUPER NATURE
Ganelon: I'm interested enough to take my share.
Bear Soup Guy: I AM ONE WITH THE FOREST
Ganelon: I just need to know how much that is.
Apheori (GM): Agh, dammit.
Gan: It's a small pile.
As opposed to a regular pile.
>.>
Ganelon: ...
Apheori (GM): Okay, it's about 3lbs of shiny stuff.
Wen: Can we just assume everyone takes some and move on? It's not critical to the plot right now is it?
Ganelon: You know, this is a game with a universal system of value.
But yes, it's hardly a big deal.
Apheori (GM): This is a universe that doesn't have a universal system of value, though.
Okay, fine, it's... how much would 3lb of shiny stuff be worth?
Like... coins.
Wen: OH LOOK A TRAVELEX. wait no everyone else is _dead_ on this planet. >_>
Ganelon: I don't know! Coins are somehow weightless in D&D!
Wen: snrk.
Apheori (GM): ...okay, how much SPACE do they take up?
Ganelon: NONE!
Bear Soup Guy: FIVE HUNDRED COINS
Ganelon: That's actually a whole lot, but whatever. This isn't worth raising a fuss over.
Apheori (GM): Meh, it's probably about that.
Wen: okay, so everyone takes 100?
Apheori (GM): Because you know what? THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE ABOUT HOW HEAVY IT IS.
I guess.
Wen: you can make it Zimbabwe dollars later if you think it's too much.
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh
Apheori (GM): You have no idea what it is.
Ganelon: Okay, I want to hear about Greibel's astonishing success.
Apheori (GM): They look like dwemer coins, but everyone knows that's just an ancient videogame.
GREIBEL:
Uh...
Hold on, I need to make something up.
Bear Soup Guy: I AM A FLOWER AND THE UNIVERSE AND ALL OF YOU
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see the universe glowing in the dragon.
It's like... everything, scaled down and splattered.
Ganelon: I am old and cranky and hoping I can extract something flammable, acidic, or explosive from this dragon's corpse.
Apheori (GM): Also it used to be a dreloth. They're wimpy and a lot of people keep them as pets, especially in the Artiilie empire.
You get this urge to try smoking it.
Greibel: It was definitely a pet Dreloth!
Radek: Why is it glowing?
Greibel takes out a wooden pipe
Greibel: I'm going to find out!
Aziraphale: Um, are we sure this is a good idea?
Greibel puts some goop in the pipe and smokes it?
Aziraphale: I'm pretty sure it isn't.
Radek: That hasn't stopped him before.
Rhu: Meh.
Greibel: I've seen the beginning and ending of the universe, I know what I'm doi- WOOOOAHHHH
Frezak (GM): D&D coins aren't weightless >.>
Rhu: This is probably why we brought him.
The Gravedigger: Smoking expertise?
I thought we were just the only people that would come here.
Radek: (Shouting) Does it seem particularly volatile from over there?
Apheori (GM): Griebel: d20
Rhu: ...or that.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
It seems volatily delicious!
Frezak (GM): I'll edge away in case he explodes.
Or melts.
Or glows.
Or turns into a swarm of pigmy moose.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You get reasonably high as a result.
Frezak (GM): Reasonably?
Apheori (GM): No pygmy moose.
Reasonably.
Frezak (GM): IN THIS PLACE?
THERE IS NO REASON.
Apheori (GM): Pfft.
Ganelon: It stands to reason that he is high.
Greibel: Mmmm
Well, it doesn't seem dangerous
Frezak (GM): What does it smell like?
Radek: Not dangerous? Hah. You just don't know where to look.
Apheori (GM): It smells like a strong base.
Greibel: It smells like old milk
No
Frezak (GM): A strong base?
What does that mean?
Greibel: FRESH milk
Frezak (GM): LIke... chalk?
Aziraphale: Ammonia?
Apheori (GM): Opposite of an acid. Like it was dunked in it, splattered, and then started reacting.
Greibel: Milky chalk
Apheori (GM): WEIRDLY.
Frezak (GM): Forget it. Stupid question. My sense of smell is fucked.
>.>
SO it doesn't smell delicious.
Apheori (GM): What happened to your sense of smell?
Ganelon: Well, if he's talking about Gravy, the guy did just spend almost 10 minutes hauling around rotting chicken corpses.
Apheori (GM): ...point.
Frezak (GM): I meant mine.
I don't really have one.
JUST IGNORE IT.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): AND DO THINGS.
Apheori (GM): OKAY.
Rhu does things.
Ganelon: Radek will approach and attempt to dig around this dragon's corpse.
Greibel will stand there looking all high and pointing vaguely while chuckling
Ganelon: It's pretty much totally up to you what he finds.
But... substances is the goal.
Frezak (GM): LET ME DIG.
I will offer Radek my second-best shovel.
Apheori (GM): You find substances.
Ganelon: And NOT NARCOTIC ONES.
Apheori (GM): I'm not sure what.
Ganelon: Just give me another arbitrary number like you did with the computer parts.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm sure he could reverse engineer narcotic ones or....something
Apheori (GM): I was hoping the gm guide would be of help, but...
All the pages are blank?
120
Ganelon: Thank you.
Apheori (GM): But some of that is narcotics.
So be careful.
Especially of Greibel.
Frezak (GM): He's dangerous.
Rhu pockets the light fixture.
Ganelon: I personally know very little about what materials are actually required for D&D alchemy, because everything is listed with a cost measured in money rather than... stuff.
Apheori (GM): Whereas I know nothing about costs, but I might know a thing or two about stuff... >.>
Silly D&D.
Frezak (GM): I'll go poke the busted ships for glowy cells.
Ganelon: Like, making a jar of Alchemist's Fire/Acid costs me the equivalent of 25 gold coins, but in materials that are worth nothing else on their own.
Wen: wait, there's a busted ship?
Apheori (GM): You're in a parking lot.
Ganelon: We saw it on the way down.
Apheori (GM): It has a few.
Wen: Ah
Apheori (GM): There was also one in the ocean, but that's further away.
Wen: Do we try to explore any of them?
Apheori (GM): These are generally little car and boat things. But yeah, you might as well check them out.
The one Gravy pokes falls to pieces, though.
Wen: No spaceships?
Apheori (GM): Like it just sort of disintigrated.
Wen: aw.
Apheori (GM): A lot of them are spaceships, but not... bbig ones.
Aziraphale: Illusions? Or was it concrete before you touched it?
Ganelon: I'm not going to relentlessly salvage *everything* we come across, no worries.
Apheori (GM): There
Frezak (GM): Into dust?
Apheori (GM): 's a pile of spaceship dust now.
Frezak (GM): I WILL POKE ALL THE SHIPS.
Aziraphale: Wait!
Was the concreteness an illusion?
Apheori (GM): A couple of others also fall into dust, a few just dent, and the others are quite solid.
You also notice small holes in quite a few of them.
Greibel: Nice poking, Horseman!
Frezak (GM): Neat or torn holes?
Apheori (GM): And a much larger hole in the ground where one... used to be.
Some of both.
Some chopped out, some punched.
Bear Soup Guy: brb bathroom
Frezak (GM): From in or out?
Ganelon: I take it there's not much of a consistent pattern beyond them being damaged.
Aziraphale: I suggest we explore one of the solid ships and see what we can find.
The Gravedigger: TIME!
Apheori (GM): Generally punched in.
The Gravedigger: Some of these have been aged.
Apheori (GM): But not always.
The Gravedigger: I DONT WANT TO TURN INTO AN OLD MAN.
Radek: You could just as easily turn into a simpering child, you know.
The Gravedigger: That would be great.
I'd have more years left to dig holes.
Radek: Not for the rest of us.
Apheori (GM): Two things:
1, I fell sick.
Wen: >.<
Apheori (GM): 2, Azir, if you can get them open, they're generally no bigger than SUVs.
So it shouldn't take long to search them.
A few are open-topped skiffs as well.
Ganelon: Radek experiences a sudden epiphany about the Gravedigger's childhood experience.
Frezak (GM): Can we check the insides for remains of whatever punched the holes? Bolts, arrows, bulletheads?
Ganelon: He was likely the king of the sandbox.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Find an open-topped one or get a door open.
Aziraphale: Let's look at the open topped ones first..
Apheori (GM): Gan: Snrk.
Frezak (GM): What Azi said.
Ganelon: Like a convertible?
Apheori (GM): Basically.
You find one full of peas.
There appear to be some bones in it.
Radek: ...I used to love peas.
Wen: Before The Incident
Frezak (GM): what kind of bones?
Peas, before the Change.
Apheori (GM): Some kind of small animal. Maybe a dog?
You can fish them out to try to see.
Bear Soup Guy: Fishing in a sea of peas
Ganelon: Sounds like the job for some kind of experienced digger.
Frezak (GM): I RISE TO THE TASK.
Nature/perception?
Apheori (GM): Just dig.
Frezak (GM): i delve.
Apheori (GM): You find more bones! Several... not dogs.
Giant chickens!
Also there's a large gun and a bucket of paint in the bottom.
Frezak (GM): What size compared to the undead chickens?
Greibel: Mercenary artists!
Frezak (GM): More on the gun.
Apheori (GM): Much bigger.
Frezak (GM): Colour of paint.
Apheori (GM): Purple paint.
The gun is a blastive one. Probably used to blow stuff up at reasonable range, but not very good accuracy.
(I guess it shoots fireballs.)
Frezak (GM): Like some kind of siege weapon?
Wen: do we find signs of the original occupants?
Apheori (GM): Potentially, but probably not that strong. It's like a sceptre of fireballs.
Frezak (GM): Is it functional?
Apheori (GM): No sign of them.
Frezak (GM): As far as I can tell without using it?
Apheori (GM): It doesn't give any indications of not being functional.
Frezak (GM): Actually.
Apheori (GM): The on switch responds.
Frezak (GM): I'll hand it to Radek.
He knows science.
Ganelon: I do!
Is any part of this weapon clogged with peas?
Frezak (GM): You are taunted by peas.
SHIT.
THE PEAS.
Ganelon: (I turn it off before inspecting the barrel)
Frezak (GM): ARE THE FANGED?
Apheori (GM): Radek: You recognise the make. It's basically a toy, though one with considerable destructive potential (at least for a toy). Once you get the peas off the display, you find it says it's about half full.
Frezak (GM): *thry
*they
Apheori (GM): They are not fanged.
Radek: I remember these things.
Frezak (GM): What kind of skill would be required to manipulate this device at maximum effectiveness?
Apheori (GM): The gun? The ability to point it.
Radek: One of the least safe devices ever marketed to children, as I recall.
Well, it was safe enough to the children themselves.
Aziraphale: How many deaths?
before it was pulled
...it was pulled, yes?
The Gravedigger: Dibs.
Rhu: Nope.
Aziraphale: ...You can have the gun. I'll keep my sword.
The Gravedigger: Awesome!
Greibel scoffs at the gun
Radek: Go ahead. I already have a precision firing instrument.
Apheori (GM): Azir: Less deaths than the do-it-yourself vampiric veggie chemistry set.
Frezak (GM): Gravy is the happiest man on the planet.
Radek: Mind the property damage, though. Or... well, don't, because it's nobody's property anymore.
Wen: /me giggles
Frezak (GM): THE SQUASH.
Radek: It's half full.
Frezak (GM): How many shots is 'half-full' ?
ish?
Wen: Okay, so our options: explore more vehicles, explore the dragon / light fixture mess, go elsewhere. What else?
Apheori (GM): 10-20.
Ganelon: Batteries sold separately, no doubt.
Apheori (GM): There are some other buildings.
Aziraphale: Radek: Do you think you can try contacting the outside world?
Ganelon: Are communications back?
Apheori (GM): Should be rechargable, but... yeah.
Gan: No.
When you check, you can't connect to anything.
Radek: Not with any measure of success. Communications are all dead.
Frezak (GM): He could check the video logs we pulled earlier?
Aziraphale: Damn.
Good idea.
Ganelon: That he could!
Frezak (GM): I AM SO SMART.
GO DO SCIENCE.
Gravy will go back to poking random things to see what turns to dust.
Ganelon: Gather 'round and let's see.
That also works.
Frezak (GM): Eh, science.
I'll let you handle it.
I trust you to tell me cool things.
Apheori (GM): One of the things explodes on Gravy, coating him in dust.
Greibel is torn between watching the science or watching the ships turn to dust
Frezak (GM): WHOOOO
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Gravy: d20s.
Frezak (GM): I'll run in circle and have dust trail behind me like a cloak.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Ganelon: Oh gods, what kind of dust was this?
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
4
Nooooo
My sanity!
Apheori (GM): Gan: Your guy starts going through the logs, leaving the connection in the background. It all looks pretty normal.
Ganelon: Just ordinary mall stuff?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You turn and see the peas rising off the ground where Gravy left them.
They appear to have sprouted fangs.
Gravy: The dust causes you to sneeze a bit.
Wen: do we see the fangs?
The Gravedigger: ACHOOOO
Greibel: AH FANGED PEAS
Ganelon: GaaaaaAAAAAH THIS IS WHY WE DON'T GIVE THE GM IDEAS
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yup. Day to tay stuff, until about a week ago.
Frezak (GM): I didn't, Gan.
Apheori (GM): Wen: No.
Frezak (GM): She came up with them first.
Aziraphale eyes Greibel
Aziraphale: are you okay?
The Gravedigger: Oh, be quiet Greibel.
I'M THE KING OF DUST
Apheori (GM): Gan: d20.
Greibel: OF COURSE I'M NOT OKAY, I'M SUPER HIGH AND THERE ARE FANGED PEAS OVER THERE
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
The Gravedigger runs around in circles some more.
Wen: uh oh
Greibel: Actually sometimes that would be quite okay
The Gravedigger: DUSSSSST
Greibel: I guess it's not so bad until they attack
The Gravedigger picks up Greibel and runs around carrying the druid over his head like an airplane.
The Gravedigger: WHOOOO
Greibel: WOOOOOOO DUST PLANE
Apheori (GM): Gan: You realise there are jumps in the recordings, like what was recorded is randomly changing, or there are holes in it, except the lighting doesn't change.
Aziraphale: Radek, I think Gravy is going insane.
The Gravedigger: I AM DESTROYER OF SHIPS
Radek: I don't have a cure for that.
Greibel makes laser gun noises with his mouth
(To Frezak): You know, your character actually passed the sanity check. Not that this isn't hilarious.
Radek: There's something wrong with the footage here. It keeps jumping.
(From Frezak (GM)): I know! he's just having fun.
The Gravedigger jumps with Greibel.
Aziraphale: anything different about what's actually recorded aside from the technical anomalies?
(To Frezak): Heh. Though he also might be high.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Another d20
Ganelon: Is there a timer to indicated skips in time or is the environment itself skipping?
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): Stop rolling badly.
The Gravedigger puts Greibel down to see what Radek is doing.
Wen: XD
Ganelon: If only I could.
Frezak (GM): He can't. It's the currrrse
Greibel wipes the dust off himself
Ganelon: You should've seen how lucky I was yesterday with the gnoll.
Goblins at my back, orcs everywhere else - even in my hands - and they just couldn't hit me.
Apheori (GM): Well, anyway, you turn on timestamps, and they mostly hold up throughout the jumps (though there are a few holes as well).
Aziraphale: So there appear to be gaps in action that are not accounted for in time.
Odd.
Apheori (GM): You also notice the plants and other decor seems to change between jumps.
Radek: No less odd than what we experienced inside the building ourselves.
Greibel: Stair fish...
Wen: Anything actually unusual within the clips? Fanged hams? Twisting walls? People growing appendages they shouldn't?
Greibel nods in agreement
Apheori (GM): He hasn't actually gotten to the past week yet.
Frezak (GM): Cripes.
Apheori (GM): When all of this started.
So... no.
Aziraphale: Radek: Might want to skip to the more recent stuff and search back
Radek: Certainly.
Apheori (GM): Recent stuff: Empty rooms. A floor waving tentacles. Some zombies wandering a corridor. What looks like several solid hours of Azir staring down a floating fish in abject horror. Sunlight that's turned red. Everything is red.
Frezak (GM): I'll go look for another bit of clear dirt.
Apheori (GM): Everything is blue. Everything is black.
More empty rooms.
Wen: Do I remember staring down a floating fish?
Apheori (GM): No.
Aziraphale: Odd. I don't recall myself doing that.
Apheori (GM): That girl with the strange eyes walking the halls as though searching for something.
Greibel: Hey, I saw her!
Apheori (GM): More empty rooms. Walls rippling.
Holes openening.
Static.
Wen: Jumps?
man, why is the weather always so nice when I'm playing D&D? >.>
Apheori (GM): Less jumps, just a lot of different cameras. He's just searching through them.
Radek: I would be hesitant to say that this was any more or less real than what we did ourselves, but...
Well, it should make for a good report if we can ever find a way to send the bloody thing back home.
The Gravedigger: Find a communications tower?
Aziraphale: Radek, can you check out footage of the control core and see if there was anyone there before us?
The Gravedigger: POwer it up, ping a sattelite?
Apheori (GM): For some reason the light seems wrong in a lot of them - often too red, sometimes too blue. Like the colours shifted.
The control core had fairly normal activity (but jumps) up until it had no activity.
Then there was just nothing.
A large fish taking up most of the space.
Nothing.
A group of humans in fashion attire looking lost and confused, eating doughnuts.
Apheori (GM): Nothing.
Aziraphale: Hmm... That's odd
Is the footage of us accurate?
The Gravedigger: I better not have a beetle on my back.
Apheori (GM): You see yourself bending your sword of of shape, and such. Yeah, mostly accurate, but according to the footage only you and Gravy actually entered.
And then you left almost immediately.
Radek: Well, that can't be right...
The Gravedigger: YOU'RE ALL GHOSTS.
Aziraphale: No, it can't.
The Gravedigger: MAYBE.
Apheori (GM): You're not sure what you're watching after that.
Greibel: What if you're the ghost?
Apheori (GM): Because Radek took what was there at the time, not what was there... after.
Aziraphale: but it keeps playing?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
It's oddly blue, however.
Aziraphale: I wonder. With all the wrong footage and colour shifts.
Radek, what do you know about dimensions and parallel universes?
Might as well throw this out here... If the experiment _was_ related to what happened...
Greibel: Oh man, this sounds groovy
The Gravedigger: You said they were bringing things here from another dimesion.
THe thing is just working backwards.
Taking things from here to there.
Radek: I know that they're best left not tampered with.
The Gravedigger: WE'RE GONNA GET TO SEE DRAGONS!
Rhu: You've never been to a zoo?
The Gravedigger: No?
Rhu: I am so sorry.
The Gravedigger: THey don't let you dig holes in zoos.
Rhu: What was the experiment doing? Tampering?
rolling d20
(
8
)
=
8
Apheori (GM): Griebel: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
The Gravedigger: Mucking about with science.
Aziraphale: I'm not sure.
I was only supposed to guard the place.. in case anything appeared.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You get this intense interest in paint.
Aziraphale: Nothing appeared at the time.
Greibel: Horseman, did you keep that can of paint?
Ganelon: This had better not be to sniff paint fumes.
Rhu: Did the shielding fail?
That's what shielding is for, right?
Greibel: Pah! I stopped sniffing paint weeks ago!
Rhu: Radek, you'd know more about this.
The Gravedigger: It's still in the ship.
Ganelon: Shielding?
Aziraphale: I wouldn't know. The experiment looked like it went as it should have from the inside
Greibel goes to the ship with the fanged peas and the paint can
Aziraphale: and then when we went outside everyone was just gone.
The Gravedigger follows Greibel.
Greibel: Look at that! Isn't that shade of purple just beautiful?
Ganelon: Please explain, miss GM.
About shielding.
Apheori (GM): They were messing with dimensional stuff, so the room was shielded.
Ganelon: And what I should know.
Apheori (GM): So that if it did go wrong, it would be kept inside.
You'd probably know the theory, at least.
That... uh...
Ganelon: Well, he's asking mostly about the consequences.
Frezak (GM): So it got inverted.
Apheori (GM): Right, that could have happened, but all the science says that's impossible, that's exactly what the shielding would prevent.
Unless something else happened that was a lot bigger.
Aziraphale: so the guy I was supposed to be helping panicked after we went outside
Ganelon: There actually is a path for artificers to specialize in portals and stuff, I'm just not taking it. Radek is no paragon of dimensional science.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Ganelon: But he could still know that easily enough.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Doesn't need to be a paragon of it. He's at least heard of it.
Aziraphale: he mentioned something about inverting reality and placing us in another set of dimensions
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Aziraphale: and that if it happened it would have destabilised outside of the range, or something.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You grab the can of paint and start hugging it like it's your favourite ever.
Greibel: I LOVE THIS PAINT
I've never felt this way about paint that wasn't getting me high!
Frezak (GM): I will stand and look dubiously down at him.
Wen: I will go to the bathroom. brb.
Greibel takes some out and splashes it around a bit
Radek: It isn't like I was there, Rhu. Yes, in theory, this is why people apply dimensional shielding before conducting such experiments.
And it should be impossible, if they did it right, for something to go wrong outside of the shielded area.
Frezak (GM): I'll go loot more ships.
Radek: Much less... this wrong.
Rhu: Maybe the shielding exploded.
Maybe... what... is he doing?
Rhu stares at Greibel.
Greibel prances about gleefully with the paint can
The Gravedigger: being a stoner.
Radek: I try to ignore him but it just... never works.
Greibel sits on the asphalt with the paint can overturned on his head, paint dripping down himself
Rhu: Frezak: You find some random stuff: keys, tools, fertiliser, some snacks, a little figurine of Evisdra Irindri, some tape, a book of riddles, some small computers, and a really shiny cloak.
Apheori (GM): Oops.
Well, anyway, you find that.
Ganelon: Ooh, riddles.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Azir: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Ganelon: And computers.
Smart things.
Frezak (GM): CLOAK.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You realise that because of the paint can on your head, you can't see or breathe, so you pull it off. You're a bit confused as to why you did that, but only a little bit.
Greibel does that
Frezak (GM): I put it around my neck like a poncho.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 for Azir because he's out.
(
6
)
=
6
Greibel: Heeeey, nice cape, man
Apheori (GM): It makes you feel kind of fuzzy.
Greibel: Real Vincent Price
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
...
Apheori (GM): I'm totally going with that.
Wen: /me smashes the die
Ganelon: Yaaaay
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): WHOOO
Ganelon: Sometimes rolls of 1 can be very amusing and appropriate.
Apheori (GM): Azir: YOU SEE TENTACLES EVERYWHERE.
Ganelon: Other times, Korik dies.
Aziraphale: AAAAAAGH
TENTACLES EVERYWHERE
Greibel: Whoa, WHERE?
Frezak (GM): I put the shiny cloak over his head.
Greibel: Tentacles are AWESOME
Aziraphale: EVERYWHERE
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Aziraphale: mmmmf mmfff MMUFF.
Apheori (GM): Aww.
The Gravedigger: Shhhhhh.
They're gone.
Wen: is it just me or does the stoner average much better rolls?
Greibel pats Azi reassuringly
Apheori (GM): Azir: You feel much calmer, and realise you were freaking out over nothing. Even if the tentacles are real, they weren't hurting anyone.
Greibel: Don't worry bro, just ride it out
Frezak (GM): I'll take the thing off when he stops struggling.
Ganelon: Yeah, he does seem to roll really well.
Aziraphale stops struggling
Apheori (GM): Well is relative. >.>
Azir: d20
Ganelon: Meanwhile, Gravy has been trending towards good sanity.
Wen: if I get a one again..
Ganelon: And I think I've been the opposite.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Wen: \o/
Bear Soup Guy: ahahah such disparity
Ganelon: A lot of shitty d20s but good SCIENCE ROLLS.
Apheori (GM): Gravy also has a much higher base sanity than most of the others. Radek too.
Ganelon: I wasn't even aware this was a stat.
Frezak (GM): I do?
Apheori (GM): Oh. I shouldn't have told you that.
Wen: me neither. I've not really been playing insane.
Frezak (GM): okay >.>
Ganelon: But it would make sense for Gravy to be more...
Apheori (GM): ANYWAY MOVING ON.
Ganelon: ...
Frezak (GM): Well I sort of guessed.
Ganelon: Down to earth.
Wen: Snrk.
Apheori (GM): You don't have to be insane to sometimes lose it.
Ganelon grins.
Wen: well what did my 20 earn me?
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
Gravy pulls off the cloak. You still see the tentacles, but realise they're not actually there. Greibel seems to be their king.
Then you shake your head and it all goes back to normal, or as normal as things ever were.
Wen: excellent.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
The Gravedigger: It's like dealing with children.
SO, where do we go now?
Apheori (GM): Gravy: d20
The Gravedigger: MADNESS
10
Apheori (GM): Also these aren't all sanity checks. Sometimes I'm making you roll other things and just not telling you. I hope you don't mind.
The Gravedigger: THe old lab or try to send a report back?
Apheori (GM): What was Radek doing? Radek was doing things.
Wen: I'm pretty sure I escaped all the input properly. >.>
Aziraphale: I don't want to go back to that building.
Wen: would there be anything useful in the shielded room where the experiment was done?
Ganelon: I was just looking at footage on this computer.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Maybe. You wouldn't necessarily know the difference. There was certainly... stuff.
Gan: d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Oh hey, it was above 10 this time.
Apheori (GM): You also find the invisible shop that is there but isn't. The footage from outside shows it missing. The footage inside shows it there, as well as an amusing incident with pigeons.
It's full of fallen leaves.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Ganelon: Now I've solved the mystery of "what Greibel did for like a minute without supervision."
My initial hypothesis of "it was something pretty silly" has no doubt been confirmed.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Ganelon: I'm ready to move on.
Frezak (GM): I think we're learning that our perception means NOTHING.
So, comm tower, then?
Unless anyone has a better idea?
Apheori (GM): Your perception checks mean something.
Aziraphale: Sure, let's go to the comm tower.
Frezak (GM): But we have no idea whether anything we see is real, or what level of reality we're talking about.
Apheori (GM): From the map, it looks like that's in the building opposite the one you went to before.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: LAVA LAMP SKY.
...this is a friendly reminder from your dm that it looks totally awesome.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Greibel stares absently at the lava lamp sky
Wen: what can we do about it though
Aziraphale looks where Greibel is looking
Apheori (GM): Azir: The cracks are still there. The light is still wrong. It makes you kind of ill.
Aziraphale stops looking, shrugs
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Everyone: You head for the building, I suppose.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Apheori (GM): Okay, you all head for the building, but there's a large chunk of metal blocking the steps up to the door.
Aziraphale: Radek: Would the toy gun be able to blast through that?
Frezak (GM): TIME TO FIND OUT.
Aziraphale: ...crap. the DM left.
oh nm
Apheori (GM): Chromium crashed.
So you want to try blasting it?
Aziraphale: Let's examine it first, I think
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
See if our manly muscles can dislodge it.
Or if we can walk through it >.>
Greibel: If we try enough, we probably can walk through it
Greibel stares at Gravy unsettlingly
Greibel: The universe is changing...
Rhu walks through it.
Frezak (GM): SEE?
Radek: I could make a bomb if it were really necessary.
Rhu: Yep.
Frezak (GM): I'll try, but CAREFULLY.
Don't want to run into a physical barrier.
Unlesss....
Apheori (GM): Gravy tries to walk through it but finds it solid.
Frezak (GM): It's only mad people that can go trhough it.
I'M TOO SANE.
aaaaaaaaa
Aziraphale: let's all try?
Apheori (GM): Everyone: Rolld20.
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
15
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Apheori (GM): Greibel makes it. The rest of you don't.
SANE PEOPLE.
Apheori (GM) points and laughs.
Radek grumbles to himself.
Frezak (GM): Hag.
Greibel: ARE DRUGS BAD NOW, DUDES?
Frezak (GM): I'd like to see if I can muscle it.
Aziraphale: what's the block like?
Radek: I'm not getting paid enough to fix an entire dimension.
Apheori (GM): A twisted lump of thick metal.
Aziraphale: does it look like it can be blasted through?
Apheori (GM): It looks like it was blasted through and that's how it got here... but it also looks like it was specifically designed to resist such things.
Gravy: d20.
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
19
Apheori (GM): Well, that's boring.
You try to move it and nothing happens.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Aziraphale tries to talk to it
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Apheori (GM): Talk to it.
Aziraphale: Hey block of metal, would you kindly move aside so we can pass?
...I have candy!
Block of metal: Hey, sexy.
Greibel: That's the spirit, holy brother
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Block of metal: What kind of candy?
Aziraphale: King-sized Snickers.
Block of metal: Oooo, you are a babe.
Aziraphale: you can have it if you let us pass!
Block of metal: Come on, come through. Enter me, sexy.
Wen: gods XD
Frezak (GM): NO.
Apheori (GM): *shifty eyes*
Frezak (GM): I WILL MAKE A HOLE IN THIS METAL.
Bear Soup Guy: XD XD XD
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna blast a crater with my weapon.
Aziraphale: This isn't the first wall that talked to me..
Apheori (GM): Frezak: d20
Aziraphale: I reckon we might as well give this a try.
Wen: aw.
Frezak (GM): I'm assuming we didn't hear the metal talk back?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Frezak (GM): Well', I start picking people up and putting them down further away.
Apheori (GM): Azir: You walk into the wall.
chunk.
Thing.
Frezak (GM): Wait.
So that's just me and Radek, now?
Apheori (GM): As you pass through, it makes strange squelching noises.
Frezak (GM): EW
Apheori (GM): You feel rather dirty.
Frezak (GM): SOiled.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You can see the others on the other side, higher up on the steps.
But yes.
Wen: she does this on purpose >.>
Apheori (GM): >.>
Bear Soup Guy: =D
The Gravedigger: MOve aside, crazy people!
IT'S TIME FOR HOLE SCIENCE
Apheori (GM): The universe hates paladins. Any opportunity to mess with the paladin!
Aziraphale: well, let's get out of the way.
Frezak (GM): FIRE IN THE HOOOOLE
Apheori (GM): Frezak: d20
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
3
WHOOO
Apheori (GM): Er, how out of the way did the others get?
Aziraphale: I went a fair bit.
Given my cautious and conservative and risk-averse nature.
Bear Soup Guy: Rhu and I have presumably been walking up the stairs this whole time
Apheori (GM): Okay, so Azir's off to the side and the other two are up by the door.
Gravy: You shoot a fireball at the metal, only to have it go right through it and explode on the stairs below Greibel and Rhu.
The Gravedigger: SORRY.
Greibel: Hey man, that stuff's dangerous
Block of metal sobs quietly.
The Gravedigger: TOO HOT FOR YOU TO HANDLE, EH?
DIDN'T SWALLOW THAT ONE.
JUST TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL.
Greibel: Dude, you're talking to a metal wall
And /I'm/ the crazy one for pouring paint on my head
The Gravedigger: Azi talked to it.
You didn't call HIM crazy!
Greibel: Well Azi is from here. Who knows what they do with metal walls?
The Gravedigger: Talk to them, apparently.
Greibel: Apparently
Aziraphale: HEY!
I don't normally talk to walls.
The Gravedigger: So you SAY.
Greibel: I just want to know how the thing with the paint and the lava lamp sky was any more crazy than talking to a wall
The Gravedigger reloads the gun.
Radek: To be fair, we've come to expect it from you at this point.
The Gravedigger: You want to try, Radek?
I'lll let you have a turn.
Radek: Very well.
Ganelon: Straight d20?
Apheori (GM): Might as well.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Frezak (GM): GORRAM
Apheori (GM): Azir: You hear the wall chunk screaming.
The fireball goes right through again, though.
Ganelon: I'll hand the weapon back.
Aziraphale shudders slightly
Frezak (GM): Okay, there any windows?
Greibel: (to Azi) It's okay dude, I talk to zombie chickens. I was just giving him a hard time.
Apheori (GM): No windows, but you might be able to just climb over it if you tried.
Aziraphale relaxes slightly
Frezak (GM): I'll give that a try?
Athletics?
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Frezak (GM): I'll stow my shield for this.
rolling 1D20+8
(
18
)
+8
=
26
Apheori (GM): You climb over the thing.
Leaving Radek behind.
Ganelon: I'll approach the wall.
Frezak (GM): And proposition it.
Apheori (GM): Gan: d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): The wall chunk sits there.
Radek: Stand at attention, barrier! Against my better judgment, I am speaking to you.
Apheori (GM): The wall chunk continues to sit there.
d20
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Apheori (GM): Your doubt in what you're trying to do remains, and the wall chunk likewise remains stolid.
Frezak (GM): You want me to throw you a rope to help you climb over?
Radek: You will move out of my way, or otherwise phase to a state of non-solidity at once, or I shall be forced to obliterate you thoroughly.
Frezak (GM): Are you Intimidating a wall?
Radek pokes at the obstruction with the barrel of his rifle.
Rhu: Or you could use a rope to climb over.
Ganelon: Yes.
Apheori (GM): Gan: d20
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Greibel: Show that wall who's boss, Guru-man!
Apheori (GM): SANE MAN.
Ganelon: Still solid, then.
Apheori (GM): The wall starts trembling in fear. You all see it.
Frezak (GM): What.
Radek: Well?! What will it be? My uninterrupted passage or your righteous destruction?
Apheori (GM): Radek: d20
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Apheori (GM): The wall is still trembling.
The Gravedigger: I have rope!
Ganelon: I'll poke it again.
Apheori (GM): Azir: You hear it apologising.
The poke goes through.
Ganelon: Then I'll attempt to pass through.
Apheori (GM): d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
COME ON
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Heh.
Heh.
Frezak (GM) sighs.
Bear Soup Guy is enjoying this
Frezak (GM): With this many rolls, chances of him getting past like this are pretty slim.
Apheori (GM): His chances were getting better each time. This is how the descent into madness works.
Greibel: That actually makes sense
err
OOC
Ganelon: Well, what happens?
Apheori (GM): Anyway, Radek, you walk into the wall. It resists, but you're sick and tired of this and manage to pass through anyway. When you come out the other side, however, you're covered in a strange metlalic film.
Radek: Fascinating.
Frezak (GM): Delightful.
Greibel: Groovy
Ganelon: Unless it's inhibiting my ability to breathe.
Apheori (GM): You realise you can't breathe.
Frezak (GM): That might be an undesirable outcome.
That's bad.
Apheori (GM): Then you realise it doesn't seem to matter?
Frezak (GM): Worse.
Apheori (GM): You feel fine. You feel better than you have in quite awhile, in fact.
Ganelon: Nah, he'd be pretty cool with that. Breathing sucks anyway, just like eating.
The Gravedigger: SO are you a robot now?
Greibel: He's like the Silver Surfer with a cool beard
Radek: I haven't the faintest idea.
Rhu: Do you feel alright? You look very... shiny.
Frezak (GM): They made him eat his own sausages.
Radek: Better than alright, I think. But let's not tarry, there's work yet to be done.
Frezak (GM): onwards.
Ganelon: All things considered this is a very acceptable state of affairs.
Rhu: The door won't open.
Frezak (GM): graaah
Apheori (GM): Oops.
Oh, whatever.
Rhu tried the door and it wouldn't open.
Frezak (GM): What kind of door is it?
What kind of locK?
Apheori (GM): Slidey door. Glass. Electric lock.
Frezak (GM): Radek?
Finangle,
Ganelon: Messing with electronics then?
Frezak (GM): Anyone have a better idea?
Greibel: Or we could break the glass...
Greibel taps the glass with his staff
Rhu hits it with whatever his weapon is.
Apheori (GM): It cracks.
Frezak (GM): Rhu has a Maul.
Apheori (GM): The maul cracked it.
Frezak (GM): great
Apheori (GM): Do something.
Ganelon: Just thinking.
Frezak (GM): Well we go in!
Ganelon: Cracked or shattered?
Greibel pushes it
Ganelon: Because I'm not opposed to at least testing this weird metallic stuff against sharp glass.
Apheori (GM): Cracked.
And now it's more cracked.
Greibel: Oh yeah, test your skin suit, guru-man
Radek: Gladly.
Ganelon: I will slam this window with all the force of a single emaciated old man.
Or glass surface, if you prefer.
Apheori (GM): XD
You slam into it and it partly melts and partly shatters.
Some bits stick to you and melt into the strange metallic film.
Ganelon: He's way to grumpy to show it, but Radek thinks this is really cool.
Alright, I'll climb through if a suitable hole can be made.
Greibel: Wicked
Apheori (GM): It's pretty holed now.
Big enough for the others to follow as well.
Frezak (GM): I do so.
Greibel does so
Apheori (GM): You're in a hallway. There's a sign posted that says 'BRUNCH TEUSDAY' and some stairs and an elevator.
Greibel: Hey, what day is it?
Frezak (GM): The sign is misspelled?
Ganelon: I was just about to ask.
Greibel Greibel rubs his stomach absently
Apheori (GM): You don't know. The sun disappeared and the stars never came out and now the sky was just glowing weirdly with cracks.
Frezak: Sure, why not.
Greibel: Well, let's hope it's Tuesday...
Radek: We can have brunch without a sign permitting us to.
Well, you can. I'll do without.
Frezak (GM): Stairs going up?
Apheori (GM): Up and down.
Frezak (GM): I go up.
Apheori (GM): Everyone: d20
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
5
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
=
18
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
=
18
Apheori (GM): Gravy and Rhu hear strange noises and what might be voices as you enter the stairwell.
The Gravedigger: I hear noises.
Rhu: Voices?
The Gravedigger: Maybe.
Radek: I don't.
Rhu: Rattling, creaking, scraping...
The Gravedigger: Awesome.
Let's keep going.
Aziraphale: I hear nothing.
Greibel: I always hear things
But no more than usual
Apheori (GM): You climb a lot.
Frezak (GM): okay.
Apheori (GM): Azir and Rhu fall behind because it's pretty exhausting.
Absolutely nothing weird happens.
Wen: They don't wait for us? The bastards.
Apheori (GM): Eh, you're not that far behind.
Yes.
Yet.
Ganelon: I assume it would be normal for me to be falling behind too.
Apheori (GM): It probably would be normal, but you're not.
Frezak (GM): I'm the apex of physical prowess.
Apheori (GM): You and Greibel both.
...somehow.
Well, aside from the strength.
Frezak (GM): Smoking is apparently great.
Apheori (GM): But nevermind that.
Bear Soup Guy: It sure is
Ganelon: Greibel's a pretty tough guy, actually.
He's the second most durable in the party, if not the best armored (that would be Azi)
Frezak (GM): I KEEP WALKING.
Apheori (GM): So you guys probably slow down for the others?
Okay, he doesn't.
Wen: I have a feeling that the DM is going to drag me out and shoot me or something by deliberately leaving me with an NPC
>.>
Aziraphale walks more quickly
Apheori (GM): Eh, the NPC is supposed to be a PC; the player just isn't here.
Ganelon: In this crazy place?
Apheori (GM): But you can never count on anything.
Ganelon: If you need to be removed, it wouldn't be unexpected for you to just disappear.
Apheori (GM): Dude, that shouldn't be unexpected regardless.
Ganelon: Hyper-dimensional manhole.
Bear Soup Guy: YOU'VE REACHED THE MANHOLE
Oh sorry
Apheori (GM): Fortunately you have not encountered any maholes.
Yes.
Yet.
Ganelon: I wouldn't trust one to be stable for an instant.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so you all keep climbing. Rhu gets left a bit behind.
Manholes are never stable.
This is why they stay in the ground.
Everyone roll a d20
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
16
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
4
)
=
4
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Wen: BSG!
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Frezak (GM): great
Wen: crap.
Apheori (GM): Rhu collapses.
Aziraphale: Hey, stop! Rhu collapsed!
The Gravedigger: Well? Pick him up!
Apheori (GM): Greibel turns into bats and flaps up to a door, hits it, and bounces off.
Greibel: Oik!
Aziraphale: I think we'd better take a rest.
Frezak (GM): Blaaargh.
Aziraphale: Greibel doesn't look too good either.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There is something very important there and you MUST get to it.
Greibel continues trying to fly at the door
Apheori (GM): Having a wildshaping crazy person is awesome.
Wen: Typical. If someone rolls a 1, bad things happen. 19? Nope, nothing, nothing at all. It's just like life.
Gotta get lucky to live normally, but a bit of rotten luck can get you down
/nick Marvin >.>
Frezak (GM): I grab the swarm.
Apheori (GM): Make a grabby thing.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4
(
18
)
+4
=
22
Vs... AC or reflex? I forget.
Ganelon: Reflex.
Apheori (GM): Do swarms get extra anything? For being swarms.
Frezak (GM): Nope.
4E is weird that way.
Ganelon: Strangely, not against grabs.
Apheori (GM): Great. You now have a swarm of bats.
Did anyone get Rhu?
Aziraphale: Can we get him to turn back?
Frezak (GM): I drag the swarm of bats up the stairs.
Aziraphale: I'm dragging him
Apheori (GM): Okay.
You're almost to the floor with the important things.
Frezak (GM): great.
Apheori (GM): The bats seriously struggle as you pull them away from that door.
Frezak (GM): I seriously pull.
Opposed strength checks?
Apheori (GM): Oh, you win.
But they like that door a lot.
Frezak (GM): Well, tough.
Aziraphale: Maybe we should check out that door?
The Gravedigger: Because the drug-crazed shapeshifter is always so useful.
Always pointing out useful things.
Aziraphale: Well, why else did you bring him?
The Gravedigger: Not my choice.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Ganelon: Poor Greibel. Nobody ever believes him.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Apheori (GM): Okay, nothing changes with them.
Greibel flaps around
Apheori (GM): Gravy: d20
The Gravedigger: MADNESS
18
Apheori (GM): You make it to the door you want and spill out into the corridor.
There are streaks of mostly dried blood on the floor, like someone was dragging something bloody through.
Frezak (GM): great
Apheori (GM): Nondescript doors line the corridor. The blood leads past them.
Aziraphale follows the blood
Apheori (GM): Azir: You realise there are footprints in it, probably from the dragger struggling with it. They appear to be hooflike.
Ganelon: I don't object to this course of action.
Apheori (GM): everyone but Azir: d20
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
10
Aziraphale: guys, look, there are hoofprints in the blood.
Apheori (GM): Rhu recovers and gets up.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Rhu: This feels like a dead end.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You calm down and forget whatever had you so agitated.
Aziraphale: Still batty though?
Bear Soup Guy: Am I bats?
Frezak (GM): Fells like a dead end to Rhu, looks like what to the rest of us?
Apheori (GM): You're still bats unless you stop being bats.
The rest of you don't feel anything in particular about it, though it's pretty messy.
Bear Soup Guy: I stop being bats
Ganelon: Can I even get messy at this point?
Apheori (GM): Gravy winds up with an armful of stoned druid.
Wen: where does the blood lead?
Apheori (GM): Gan: You don't know.
Ganelon: Well then.
Apheori (GM): Azir follows the blood to a door around the corner. The locking mechanism seems to be busted in, but the door is shut.
Aziraphale cautiously attempts to turn the handle
Apheori (GM): Azir reaches for the handle, and the door opens at the pressure. Not even latched.
Inside, there is blood everywhere - covering the floor, across the chairs, and seeping into the walls and monitors.
Aziraphale: Eugh.
Apheori (GM): You realise this was probably the room you were after, too.
Greibel: Like I always say
Apheori (GM): There's some equipment inside that looks similarly busted to the locking mechanism, and similarly drenched in blood to everything else.
Greibel: The room covered in blood is probably where some interesting stuff happened
Rhu: Hazz'ridan.
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Greibel: Come again?
Rhu: A dead end.
Greibel: Well...
The Gravedigger: Some things might still work.
Apheori (GM): SANITY EVERYONE.
The Gravedigger: 19
Apheori (GM): Lots of blood, horrible smell, very awful.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Bear Soup Guy: Oh bugger
Frezak (GM): graah
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
...
Apheori (GM): Greibel disappears.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Aziraphale: GREIBELLLLL
Apheori (GM): Rhu and Azir feel the room seems to... slide.
Aziraphale backs out of the room
Apheori (GM): Everything flickers for a bit, like reality ain't quite sure what it's doing.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Sorry, late.
Apheori (GM): Radek feels the same thing, and falls over, landing in the blood.
Ganelon: Bwuh.
Apheori (GM): Some of it is absorbed into the shiny suit.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will leave the room and sit down with his head in his hands.
Ganelon: At this rate, my shiny suit will surely be ruined.
Apheori (GM): Rhu backs away and runs into Gravy.
Ganelon: Am I still conscious and in control of my actions?
Apheori (GM): Yeah. You just fell over.
Ganelon: I suppose I'll stand up and look around, then.
Apheori (GM): There's less blood now.
Not a whole lot to see, though. Busted equipment. Blood on everything.
You might be able to get parts, but they'd be bloody parts.
The blood also doesn't smell quite right. You're not sure what kind it is.
Ganelon: I don't have an easy way to clean stuff other than people, strangely.
Guess I'll just walk outside.
Unless there's a roll I can do to identify this blood.
Wen: I think aside from Greibel all of us are outside.
Ganelon: That doesn't seem like something Radek would be good at, though.
Apheori (GM): Everyone is in the hall. Greibel is gone. You can identify the blood from outside.
That's true.
Greibel might have been the best bet with his nature and crap, though maybe not.
(From Aziraphale): can I disappear for 10-15 minutes or so? Or is there a plot element involving me coming up?
Radek: I don't think we have much hope of fixing this equipment.
Aziraphale: Hmm. How are we going to look for Greibel?
(To Wen): Best have you around, though. Perhaps we should all just break for a bit? I could use some lunch.
(From Aziraphale): either way. Your call.
Apheori (GM): Let's take a break. Wen needs to do something and I need lunch.
Radek: I wish I could say it were possible to put a trace on him, but...
Rhu: But?
Radek: Well, would you really expect it to be reliable?
Rhu: Bah!
This place!
It pleases Hazz'ridan, I'm sure.
Ganelon: Actually, radios. Still unusable?
Apheori (GM): Good question.
LUNCH FIRST.
Apheori (GM) runs away.
Ganelon: Sure.
Apheori (GM): Wen: DO YOUR THING.
Bear Soup Guy: Bow chicka bow wow
Wen twiddles his thumbs
Apheori (GM): Okay, back.
Peeling shrimp and cleaning cilantro, these things can't be rushed. I know this because I tried. >.<
Wen: sounds exotic
Apheori (GM): If by exotic, you mean what I have every day when I'm too lazy to do anything else, then yes.
Okay, so is everyone else still here?
Gan was going to try radios...
Ganelon: I'm here.
Bear Soup Guy: Right-o
Wen: Frezak?
Apheori (GM): I guess the Gravedigger dozed off.
Ganelon: I'm sure Frezak will be back.
Apheori (GM): Aye.
So radios?
Frezak (GM): Well, radios?
I'm not trying mine, since all mine did was scream at me.
Ganelon: Radios.
Aziraphale checks his
Wen: keep in mind mine's probably local, not spaceship stuff.
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
Ganelon: Let's see if anyone can get a hold of Houdini here.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Wen: ...
Apheori (GM): Azir hears a suggestive voice come out of his and try to chat him up.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): probability would dictate that half the party is going to be useless at any given moment.
Wen: I resolutely ignore it and stuff the thing back in my pocket.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Ganelon: I'll try mine.
Apheori (GM): d20
Ganelon: Perhaps it will whisper unknowable secrets to me.
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Apheori (GM): It turns on and complains about the low signal strength.
Bear Soup Guy: Bloody service providers
Apheori (GM): It locates the others in range - Rhu's and Gravy's, as well as another that identifies as 'Sexy'.
Wen: what about Greibel's?
Apheori (GM): It doesn't find it.
Aziraphale: Well, this isn't very helpful.
(To Greibel): So I guess you're probably having an adventure somewhere weird while all of this is going on.
Aziraphale: How are we going to look for Greibel?
Bear Soup Guy: http://data2.whicdn.com/images/69136546/large.jpg
Radek: Last time, we had a network of security cameras.
Rhu: What's the local signal range?
The Gravedigger: eh, we can just leave.
he'll come around eventually.
Ganelon: What IS the local signal range?
Enough to cover this building, I'm sure.
Apheori (GM): You check and find it should cover most of the city.
Frezak (GM): Not that any of the dimensions mean anything at all here.
Aziraphale: So Greibel's just gone.
The Gravedigger: Or not.
Space and time here are a bloody mess.
Nothing means anything.
Wen: try dialing 911? >.> would that work?
Radek scoffs. "Literally bloody, in this case."
Wen: (or the Srathi equivalent)
The Gravedigger: Ho. Ho. Ho.
Apheori (GM): There's noone to call. You would have tried when you first found everyone gone.
Wen: well, my radio wasn't working.
but okay.
The Gravedigger: We're not gonna get anywhere like this.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Well, whatever. There's nothing in range. >.<
The Gravedigger: I'm going back down. Maybe find a ship or something that works.
Aziraphale: Nothing in this building that would connect outside?
Radek: Nothing that hasn't been destroyed.
You want to spend a few weeks here cleaning the place up while I do repairs, be my guest.
We'll all lose our minds first.
Aziraphale: Fair enough.
Let's go then.
Ganelon: I consent to this "going."
Frezak (GM): Clomp, clomp, clomp.
Aziraphale: (poor Greibel)
Wen: so do we make it outside minus Greibel?
Apheori (GM): Roll d20s.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
The Gravedigger: Bah, he's stoned. Have you seen him WITHOUT a grin on his face?
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
18
)
=
18
Ganelon: SUPER SANE
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
The Gravedigger: 12
Apheori (GM): You all find another exit out the other side of the building. Do you take it, or continue back down to the exit with the chunk of metal on the stairs?
Frezak (GM): Does this other exit appear obstructed at all?
Apheori (GM): Naw. Seems to lead into something of a park, with random other buildings and towers all around.
Frezak (GM): Sure?
Guys?
Ganelon: Sure.
Aziraphale: Yeah, why not
so long as it doesn't try to talk to me
Aziraphale shudders
Ganelon: Poor paladin, ever assaulted by temptations.
From inanimate objects.
Apheori (GM): And Radek starts glowing.
At least Azir thinks he does.
Radek: Hm.
Ganelon: Oh. He doesn't notice?
Apheori (GM): Radek probably notices something, but not the glow itself.
Aziraphale: Er, Radek, are you alright?
Radek: I feel fine.
The Gravedigger: His skin is made of metal and glass and blood.
Of course he's fine.
Aziraphale: well, only he's glowing
that or I'm going insane, or both
Probably both.
Radek: With any luck, it'll stay like this long enough for me to study it.
...Marvelous substance.
Apheori (GM): You all hear a loud crack from one of the trees in the park.
Greibel and a branch fall out.
Frezak (GM): Great.
We find a stoner.
Greibel: Ow!
Wen: is he in humanoid shape?
Frezak (GM): How else would we recognise him?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
The Gravedigger: Hey, Greibel.
Greibel: What happened, man?
Radek: You disappeared again.
Greibel: Oh yeah
it was so peaceful...
I was in a field of nature.
And I became one with the nature.
The sun and the birds and the trees and the plants.
Much better than this place.
Radek: Welcome back to reality.
Greibel: But this was reality too!
Radek: Well, your job is to stay in this shitty one along with the rest of us.
At least physically, if it can be helped.
Greibel: Okay, guru man. But did you ever think the blissful utopia reality might have something to do with the shitty reality that disappeared me to it?
Rhu: And how did you wind up over here?
The Gravedigger: magic.
Rhu: Of all the places. Pretty specific.
(To Bear Soup Guy): You may notice this tree looks suspiciously similar to the one you were under before, though a bit less healthy.
Radek: How am I supposed to know which reality is causing problems for the others?
Greibel: Hey man, I was sitting under this tree.
For...ever, it feels like
Must've been forever. It's looking a little weathered.
Radek: The paladin here says he was part of an experiment, but for all we know, this could have been someone else's fault entirely.
Greibel: Poor little guy, we had a lot of good times in that other reality
Aziraphale: So what do we do?
Rhu: Pray for a dead end.
Radek: I'd rather a solution.
Aziraphale: Why do you keep mentioning dead ends?
Ganelon: Ha. Chemistry joke
The Gravedigger: Because he's a zealot for a god that loves dead ends.
Rhu: Hazz'ridan is the lord of, above all other things, dead ends. When there is nothing else left, there is always a dead end.
Greibel: Not the weirdest God I've heard of...
Aziraphale: Well, it does look like we have a dead end in so far that we're stuck
maybe your god can help us?
Rhu: I'm afraid he's more in the business of creating dead ends than getting folks out of them.
Aziraphale: Oh.
The Gravedigger: Don't see why we'd ask for we already have.
Rhu: There's still hope. Hazz'ridan could help to take away the hope so we can simply give in.
The Gravedigger: That sounds just great.
Rhu: It does?
The Gravedigger: Let's pray so that we can mope.
Because that's gonna help SO MUCH.
Rhu: Yes! It will.
The Gravedigger: I'm going to go look for a boat.
(From Aziraphale): My god is called Carriya, yes? I lost the link >.>
Greibel: Hey, I remember boats
(From Aziraphale): law, order and process.. I think?
(To Wen): Yeah.
(From Aziraphale): okay.
Aziraphale looks at the sky
(To Wen): You also probably consider Hazz'ridan to be a bit of a joke.
(From Aziraphale): I'm sure they are.
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
(To Wen): Yes.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Wen: >.<
Apheori (GM): Gravedigger: The borders of the park have car-ship thingies docked at them.
Ganelon: We need to put on blinders.
Apheori (GM): They look fairly intact.
Frezak (GM): I'll check to see if any have keys in and/or seem intact after prodding and examination.
Greibel: Hey, can I poke a dust car this time?
Apheori (GM): Azir: You see the sky glowing with that same eiery glow, full of cracks, a large hole growing out of them.
Azir: As you watch, the hole widens, then entirely opens, revealing an enormous eye.
Aziraphale: AAAAAGH.
Apheori (GM): Azir: It stares directly at you.
At, and possibly through.
Aziraphale averts his eyes
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Gravy: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
9
)
=
9
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You poke a car and it doesn't turn to dust. It also seems to have the keys lying on the front seat.
Greibel is disappointed but will accept this positive turn of fate
Ganelon: Oh, neat.
Frezak (GM): 3
Apheori (GM): Rhu is just staring at the sky in horrow.
Gravy, fortunately for him, isn't looking at that. Yay Gravy.
Also Gravy doesn't find any vehicles that look like they'd work without hotwiring, though they do look functional.
Greibel tries the door of the car thing
Apheori (GM): Door opens, and the roof retracts. It's a fairly nice convertible thing.
Greibel tries to start it
Ganelon: I'll head over and check this functioning vehicle out.
Apheori (GM): It asks for a password.
Gan: d20
Frezak (GM): Swordfish.
Greibel smacks the steering wheel/column/joystick/whatever in frustration
Apheori (GM): It accepts the smack as the password.
Greibel: Nice!
I'm so gonna paint this thing tie-dye
I found a thing guys!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Frezak (GM): I'll head over and look.
Apheori (GM): Radek looks up at the sky and just sees the same sky as before.
Radek: Do you know how to drive? Actually, no, forget I asked. I'm not putting my life in your hands regardless.
Apheori (GM): Weird and kind of sickening, but not staring.
Greibel: d20
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Ganelon: Preferable to staring, certainly.
Rhu recovers and joins the others at the ship-car-thing.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You notice the sky.
It's HORRIBLE.
Greibel: Radek take the wheel
OH GOD WHAT AH SKY
THIS IS A BAD TRIP, MAN
Aziraphale: Yes, yes, take it easy now.
Radek, does the ship work?
Rhu: It's just staring.
Greibel huddles into a ball in the back of the car thing
The Gravedigger: Maybe the person that's not screaming or falling over should drive?
Greibel shivers in terror
Ganelon: Let's try it out.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
=
18
Apheori (GM): Radek: d20
Ganelon: Do the controls work?
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Damn.
Apheori (GM): The controls refuse to cooperate.
Aziraphale: Does the radio work?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The sense that the sky is horrible and is going to eat you and etc fades.
It still looks horrible, but you just don't look at it.
Greibel calms a bit
Greibel: Hey Radek, try hitting it!
Ganelon: Sure, I'll try hitting it.
Apheori (GM): You hit it. Nothing really changes, but you wonder if maybe you just botched it at first?
Ganelon: May I try again?
Apheori (GM): So Radek and Gravy are in the front, and everyone else is piled on the back, I suppose.
And yeah, you can.
Do it.
Roll.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Alas!
Poor Radek, I knew him well.
Frezak (GM): can i lean over and poke the things?
Apheori (GM): You keep trying and it finally cooperates after a minute or two.
Frezak (GM): oh, good.
Apheori (GM): You can poke all the things if you want.
Frezak (GM): Nah, i'm good now.
Aziraphale: Just don't break it
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh
Greibel: Road trip, guys
Radek: Alright! Destination?
Apheori (GM): WHOO!
Go somewhere!
Aziraphale: wait wait
Frezak (GM): Check out one of the spaceship wrecks.
Aziraphale: does the radio work?
Ganelon: Don't worry guys, I might be an old person behind the wheel, but I'm at least reasonably sane and not on drugs!
Frezak (GM): Ideally the one that's not at the bottom of the sea.
THat you know of, Gan.
Rhu: No, you're just part robot.
Greibel: Tune in some jams!
Ganelon: That I know of!
And sure, I'll mess with the radio.
Not expecting much of a broadcast.
Just more madness.
Apheori (GM): The radio buzzes and picks up some automated transmissions.
Aziraphale: I meant like, for communication. Not music.
Or does this ship not have that?
Apheori (GM): Most of them are music, some are numbers, and there's this one number that's transmitting these weird clicking noises...
Aziraphale: eee.
Radek: Doesn't sound like anyone's broadcasting /news/.
Frezak (GM): LIke a giant bug monster or a Geiger counter?
Apheori (GM): The latter.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Just. Great.
Wen: what's the range of this thing?
Apheori (GM): Should be able to cover the planet given time; the real issue seems to be speed since it's an open-top.
Ganelon: I think he meant the radio.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Who knows.
Ganelon: But hell if I know that answer.
Aziraphale: I meant the ship. But sure, the radio too.
Oh.
Apheori (GM): Unless any of you specialise in leisure boats.
Frezak (GM): So, wreck?
Rhu: The sky...
Ganelon: Can't say I do.
Aziraphale: Sure.
Ganelon: Wreck sounds good unless someone else has a suggestion.
Radek: Yes, Rhu, it's been acting up all day.
Rhu: It's watching.
Radek makes rude gestures at the sky.
Apheori (GM): Radek: d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Apheori (GM): The sky opens its eye and stares at you.
It seems it did not approve of your rude gestures. 
Ganelon: Good!
Apheori (GM): XD
Ganelon: Let's get a move on.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Okay, so you fly the boat down toward the sea.
Do you know which way the wreck was?
Frezak (GM): We can compare on maps.
I'm assuming we made SOME sort of notes about the places we intended to visit.
Ganelon: Well, I as a player do not. It's merely a destination to me.
Apheori (GM): Does your character? >.>
Frezak (GM): I was looking at it on a map a few hours ago.
Apheori (GM): Because if so I'm just inclined to say you go there, have you all roll sanity checks on the way, and move to the destination.
Great. You all go there.
Roll.
Ganelon: He was rather interested in the anomalous growth of power cells.
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Frezak (GM): 7
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Bear Soup Guy: Gonna be a bumpy ride...
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Rhu: Greibel and Radek see another city in the distance on the way.
Apheori (GM): Oops.
Well, anyway, you see it.
Everyone else feels the sky staring at them.
Aziraphale: This sky is really putting a damper on my spirits
Greibel hangs his head out the side of the car like a bemused labrador
Rhu: Eyes of the All-seeing, Nightmares and waking...
The ways are blind.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You wind up flying to the other city instead of the wreckage.
Greibel: Hey cheer up man, it's just another couple miles
Apheori (GM): Radek: You realise this before you actually get there, though.
Ganelon: OLD MAN AT THE WHEEEL
Could we still reach the wreckage in a reasonable amount of time?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Ganelon: I'll turn that way, then.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: Radek would not remark about this to the others.
Apheori (GM): Everyone roll d20 again.
Heh.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Frezak (GM): 17
Apheori (GM): Greibel is now a herd of pygmy moose in the back seat.
Frezak (GM): Wow. What a surprise.
Apheori (GM): Azir is hearing voices, mostly yelling at someone to take out the garbage.
Nobody jumps out of the vehicle.
Wen: Oh good, I thought the seat cushion was going to talk to me.
Apheori (GM): Rhu stares at the sky, not in fear or horror, but now like he's thinking.
So. Wreckage. It's a large heap of twisted metal and stuff, somehow floating.
There are large blobulous things growing off it.
If there are more of them underwater, that may be what's keeping it up, since they look like they're hollow.
Frezak (GM): Any way we can check that they're... volatile?
SHort of throwing crap at them?
Ganelon: Also, do we have a place to land?
Apheori (GM): The vehicle hovers, so you can park it wherever.
Frezak: You could shoot them. Or someone could magic at them.
Gan: They look like the power cells, but now they're a lot bigger. And they've multiplied.
Ganelon: Find an isolated one first. If they explode, I want them.
Frezak (GM): And that is the last resort.
>.>
DO we have no other way?
Can we NAture it?
Ganelon: I could attempt magic at them.
Frezak (GM): To see if it ressembles explosive plants or something?
Apheori (GM): There's one near the edge that's fairly alone.
You hover over it.
Ganelon: Let's go for magic first. You've said pretty much everything is magical of some sort before.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Do a magic!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
13
)
+10
=
23
Apheori (GM): And what exactly were you doing?
Ganelon: Trying to see what's happened to them.
Apheori (GM): Right, but how, I mean. What kind of magic did you use?
TEEEELL ME ALL.
Also the sky is still staring at you.
Ganelon: Well, I'm not attacking it.
Apheori (GM): >.>
Ganelon: I'll shoot the sky later.
I don't know what you mean by "kind of magic", though.
Apheori (GM): You discern that they are alive, but not like things are supposed to be alive. They're growing and mutating and not very hungry and actually quite happy.
Ganelon: It's arcane magic with a structured and technical bias.
Is each glob a separate entity?
As in, could one be separated?
From... itself.
Apheori (GM): They seem to be, though they're also connected. Even if you took one away, the others would still... be... well, you're not quite sure.
Everyone: Blobbulous things glow at you.
Ganelon: I'm thinking more like cutting a piece off of one.
Apheori (GM): These, I mean.
You could try.
You don't know what would happen, or if it'd even notice.
Aziraphale stares
Radek: Anyone have a knife?
Aziraphale: I have a sword
that work?
Radek: Well enough.
Apheori (GM): Azir: You have knives.
Give him a knife.
Aziraphale: Oh, I do?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Aziraphale hands Radek a knife
Ganelon: Alright, let's bottle up some living power cell... flesh.
Apheori (GM): Everyone: d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
12
)
=
12
Frezak (GM): 7
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): Flock of moose. Roll.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You're a happy flock of moose.
Greibel: :D
Apheori (GM): Rhu pets the flock of moose.
Radek: The entities start pulsating.
Ganelon: Uh oh.
Before or after I've cut into one?
Apheori (GM): You haven't cut yet.
You were about to, and then this happened.
Ganelon: Do these things still contain power?
Apheori (GM): Well, they're glowing.
So they probably contain at least some.
Ganelon: I don't know about future fuel cells, but all fuel is fundamentally a compressed power source.
Apheori (GM): They've been growing, though, so who knows what that means.
Ganelon: And I'd rather they not explode.
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Ganelon: So I'll steer us away.
Not too far that I can't observe.
Rhu: Weren't you going to get a sample?
Radek: They started moving.
These things used to be power cells. I'm not taking my chances.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Azir: You saw no moving.
Just so you know.
Greibel nuzzles everyone
Apheori (GM): Oh gods I love the swarms.
This is awesome.
Aziraphale: I'm getting sick and tired of seeing things others don't see and not seeing things others do see
Aziraphale sulks
Rhu puts a moose on Azir's lap.
Radek: Well, watch closely. I'm taking a shot.
Ganelon: Rifle time.
Aziraphale watches attentively
Apheori (GM): Which do you want to shoot?
Ganelon: The one we were near.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Greibel nuzzles Radek's arm
Ganelon: Shall I roll it?
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Ganelon: [Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
4
)
+3+5+0
=
12
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You roll too.
Ganelon: Hmph.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Apheori (GM): Radek: You missed.
On the plus side they quit moving.
Ganelon: Reload and try again.
[Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
4
)
+3+5+0
=
12
Wow, it couldn't even be lower?
Apheori (GM): It could if you try again.
Radek: Hmph.
Ganelon: [Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
9
)
+3+5+0
=
17
Radek: I need to tune this thing.
Apheori (GM): You hit the glowing mutated power cell and it just sort of deflates.
Ganelon: Still glowing?
Greibel squeels with delight
Apheori (GM): Then the others are getting brighter and brighter, pulling the light out of the air around.
Frezak (GM): Bags of magic.
Apheori (GM): The air shifts and tastes odd, and then there is a shimmering in the space around them, a horrible ripping once more, voices calling out, sunlight, stars, and fish.
The eye in the sky is still staring down.
Radek: Interesting reaction.
Apheori (GM): The the wreckage and surrounding ocean are gone, torn away, leaving behind only an emptiness in their place.
An emptiness that is pulling your vehicle toward it as well.
Ganelon: WELP NO TIME FOR SCIENCE
RUNNING TIME NOW
Apheori (GM): Everyone: d20
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
12
)
=
12
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Bear Soup Guy: BRB DISHES
Frezak (GM): 5
Apheori (GM): Okay, lessee...
Frezak (GM): Gravy is snoozing.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Radek turns the thing around and gets the hell out of there. It makes some funny noises, but you're far enough away that the pull isn't significant once you're actually moving.
But Rhu starts screaming.
Aziraphale covers Rhu with his cloak
Apheori (GM): It doesn't help.
Aziraphale: Fah.
Frezak (GM): I AM THE PIONEER OF THE PSYCHOLOGICAL REMEDY TECHNIQUE.
HIT HIM WITH A SHOVEL.
Ganelon: The haunted look of Azi's token is becoming a lot more relatable each day.
Frezak (GM): yeah, he's a real downer;
Apheori (GM): Azi was here for days. Now you all are feeling it too!
Frezak (GM): i'm not.
Gravy's napping.
Apheori (GM): The screaming didn't wake him?
Frezak (GM): He's thouroughly bored by the whole affair now.
Ganelon: Well, I'm feeling pretty awesome with this metallic skin-coating, really.
Frezak (GM): Ah.
Well now he's probably grumpy at being woken up.
Not perturbed other than by the volume.
Apheori (GM): You stop away from the pull of the... hole that opened up. Rhu is still screaming.
Frezak (GM): Can I lean over and knock him out for a bit?
Apheori (GM): Certainly.
But don't kill him.
Frezak (GM): Just a bop on the head with a shovel.
Apheori (GM): Roll a shovel bopping.
Aziraphale: Is this wise?
Frezak (GM): Roll to bop:
rolling 1D20+6
(
10
)
+6
=
16
Just a light tap.
Bear Soup Guy: BOP ROLL
Also back and caught up
Apheori (GM): You successfully knock him out.
Greibel: Roll a d20.
The Gravedigger goes back to his nap.
Apheori (GM): The screaming has stopped, at least.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Apheori (GM): You are now a rather agitated flock of pygmy moose. Probably something to do with the screaming.
But you are aware enough that you could stop being moose if you want to.
Greibel runs around a bit
Greibel: Okay I'm not moose anymore I guess
It sure was fun being moose though
Also WHAT'S GOING ON AAAAHH
Radek: I'm just going to take us somewhere else, if none of you have any other ideas.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You see Rhu is unconscious, the Gravedigger is asleep, Radek is in a bad mood, and Azir just looks haunted.
Frezak (GM): Can we eaxamine the ship at all?
Apheori (GM): The one you're in?
Frezak (GM): No, the other one.
Ganelon: It's gone.
Apheori (GM): The one that turned into a horrible hole in space?
Frezak (GM): Oh, right.
>.>
Well, I have no idea.
What to do.
Ganelon: I'll head towards that city my mad self was so intent on visiting before.
Apheori (GM): Right.
Everyone roll a d20.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Frezak (GM): 13
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Azir: You each become entirely convinced the other is insane.
Wen: well, I'd be right.
Apheori (GM): And trying to kill you.
Yes.
Wen: Oh crap.
Greibel: O_O
Frezak (GM) groans.
Greibel shuffles over to Frezak and tries to wake him up faster
Greibel: err, to the gravedigger
The Gravedigger: WHAT?
Apheori (GM): Rhu wakes up and starts screaming again.
The Gravedigger: Oh, come ON.
Aziraphale hits Rhu with the hilt of his sword
Radek: Do I have to pull over for you idiots!?
Apheori (GM): Radek: Do you just ignore this and go to the city?
Aziraphale: Radek, I think Greibel is insane and trying to kill me.
Greibel: Gravy you gotta stop that crazy man!
Apheori (GM): Because you're almost there.
The Gravedigger: You're all insane.
Now shut up.
Greibel: Fair point, but he's MURDEROUS
Apheori (GM): Rhu is still screaming.
Aziraphale hits again
Apheori (GM): Rhu runs out of breath and starts just staring off at nothing instead.
Bear Soup Guy: Also I should probably leave soon
Apheori (GM): Bah.
Bear Soup Guy: Well y'know, maybe
Like if we're gonna play a lot longer I can just stay
Ganelon: I wouldn't mind. I do have other things that I'd like to do.
Bear Soup Guy: But if we'll be finished soon or other people need to do stuff or something then I should probably go to the store
Ganelon: Writing things.
Bear Soup Guy: mmm
Wen: I think all of our in-game characters are feeling pretty miserable >.>
Apheori (GM): I wonder if it's too late for me to go to the store too.
Heh.
Wen: even Greibel
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh
Apheori (GM): So you want to leave them like this?
Ganelon: Well, he's being beat on by a sword.
Apheori (GM): Preserved in their misery?
Ganelon: Like pickles?
Frezak (GM): I don't see it improving.
Wen: I'm fine with either that, or up to the next save point, so to speak.
Frezak (GM): And Gravy is more bored than miserable.
Wen: well Azir can start saying crazy things to entertain him I guess. Maybe even lend him the free phone sex radio.
He's pretty much half insane by this point, even without the previous roll.
Ganelon: Pfft. As if the radio talks sweet to anyone but you.
Frezak (GM): he's tired of all this silly madness.
Wen: Blame the RNG!
Frezak (GM): You start to go somewhere, half the party goes mad, wait for them to recover, start moving, wait again, get where you were going, learn nothing, go back.
Rinse and repeat.
Maybe he could become a farmer.
Wen: Raise chickens.
Bear Soup Guy: Farmers do need good hole-digging skills
Ganelon: Well, probability dictates that when Apheori makes all of us perform dozens of sanity rolls every day, RNG will make something crazy occur.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, at least something he can DO.
Ganelon: The odds of us getting lucky enough to avoid that are simply too low to ever reasonably occur.
Or unlucky.
Bear Soup Guy: Pah! Odds are for scientists!
Apheori (GM): Well, let's get you all down on the city, at least.
Ganelon: I mean, depends on your perspective regarding sanity.
Frezak (GM): I know that the expedition hasn't been exactly fruitful so far.
Except for Greibel when he fell from a tree.
Wen: hee.
Frezak (GM): That was sort of fruit-like behavior.
Bear Soup Guy: Fruits grow from trees
Frezak (GM): Strange Fruit.
Bear Soup Guy: Trees take patience to grow
Frezak (GM): Stoner fruit.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Okay well, I'm going to shower and go to the store then I guess
Ganelon: Alright.
Conditions will surely improve eventually!
Bear Soup Guy: Good game guys! Are we doing next Monday then?
Apheori (GM): They will.
Ganelon: I could do Monday.
Wen: I probably won't be too busy until the end of next week-ish (first week of school). After that I don't know.
Frezak (GM): I don't have anything planned.
Wen: it'll have to start a bit later though
since iirc I have class between 11something and 12something.
or you could just start and I could just tag along and start playing when I'm around.
Bear Soup Guy: Right-o
Bye for now then
Wen: bye.
Apheori (GM): So an hour later?
Ganelon: I'll be around at the same time as always.
Wen: I might be 5-10 minutes late, but that should work.
Frezak (GM): This is usually the sort of time I'm looking at stopping.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Wen: it's pretty long even if you take away an hour >.<
Apheori (GM): And we have to wait a month for Ellemerr?
Bah.
Frezak (GM): We: Sunday my game spend 12 hours at a fair.
Wen: Apheori: I _would_ appreciate it if we spent less time going insane and trying to become sane again >.<
o_O
Apheori (GM): Wen: It gets worse before it gets better. But you're basically at the bottom now.
Congratulations!
Wen: heh.
Well, on that cheerful note, adios. :P
Ganelon: It was the best fair.
Action, drama, suspense, failed attempts at romance... we had it all.
Frezak (GM): Alchoholism.
Ganelon: A lot of that, yes.
Frezak (GM): Fortunes.
TONS OF PLOT.
More plot than you know.
Apheori (GM): You people and your plots.
Frezak (GM): Maybe.
Wen: So far we've mostly had going to places, becoming insane, not finding very much, and then going back to where we came from.
Minus some sanity.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, Azi told us about the science experiment.
And.
That's about it, i think.
We are shit investigators.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, well, if you all would stop AVOIDING the damn continuation thingies...
Wen: You could like, push us towards them >_>
Apheori (GM): There is a very important something that's supposed to happen and you keep... avoiding them.
Wen: Instead of letting us make the bad decisions that stagnate the plot.
Apheori (GM): Like you're almost there and then you're like, no, nevermind.
Frezak (GM): THEN MAKE THINGS UP.
Apheori (GM): But you're the players! You make decisions!
Wen: You control Rhu! Rhu could know what's going on.
Apheori (GM): And I AM making things up!
Ghuh.
Ganelon: I don't really know that I'm missing important stuff.
Wen: Guarav is almost certainly better at this thing than I am. >_>
Frezak (GM): I let my party cause a willage to be burt to the ground just to get them to advance.
Apheori (GM): You know what?
Fine.
FINE.
Frezak (GM): What?
Apheori (GM): You'll see.
Wen: >.>
I think we should be worried.
Apheori (GM) goes back to choking on her tea.
Frezak (GM): I WAS JUST TRYING TO DO MY JOB
Wen: I mean, I get that the lava lamp thing is important. But... there's no obvious way to interact with it.
Frezak (GM): The finding things out bit, not the digging holes bit.
Wen: I look at the sky and I see an eye staring at me.
Frezak (GM): We could fly into the sky >.>
Apheori (GM): Stop fighting the madness. Embrace it.
Become one with it.
Or something.
Okay, fine, I admit it. I enjoy watching you all lose your minds.
Frezak (GM): I'm being as mad as my character warants.
If you're telling ME I'm not mad enough, WELL.
Apheori (GM): I was kidding.
Wen: I'm not very good at being mad. I think I designed my character to be pretty much in line with my own personality. >.<
Apheori (GM): Your character has done excellently.
Wen: I should have probably made it more caricatured.
It could maybe, I dunno, hook up with a wall.
maybe that'll lead to things
Wen grins
Ganelon: Whoa now.
Apheori (GM): *shifty eyes*
Ganelon: Do you have a plug?
Frezak (GM): The wall will.
Once he gets it in.
Wen: I have more than a plug. I have a 65W power brick.
Apheori (GM): Woah woah woah.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Ganelon: I could intimidate more obstacles if you like.
Apheori (GM): The obstacles love you.
Frezak (GM): Or lust.
Wen: Apheori: it might be a good idea to remind me about this thing on Sunday, if you can remember. >.>
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Wen: Thanks.
Apheori (GM): If I remember.
Wen: Yes.
Or you could play 2PCs >_>
Apheori (GM): Ghuh.
Wen: I'll try to remember, but I'm not too good at remembering stuff a week away.
Apheori (GM): Neither am I.
Wen: I'm off to get dinner. Laters.

Session 4

Mike B.:
rolling 1d6
(
2
)
=
2
Oopsies.
Frezak (GM): WHERE IS MY CHICKEN
Apheori (GM): You want it back?
Frezak (GM): Eh.
It's probably because it's buried.
Right?
Right.
Apheori (GM): Right.
You buried it.
Frezak (GM): I died.
A tree died for my art.
Wen: is Mike B. Radek?
Mike B.: Nah, I'm Mike B.
Wen: Oh.
Frezak (GM): Gan is Radek.
Mike B.: Yeah, I haven't really put together a character yet.
Frezak (GM): ANOTHER PERSON?
's gonna get fun >.>
Apheori (GM): He may wind up replacing someone else who has to... do other things.
Because some people have LIVES for some reason.
Bastards.
Frezak (GM): Bastards!
Bear Soup Guy: Sickening
Frezak (GM): Revolting.
Wen pleads college life
Wen: which means I find something to make myself look busy while getting nothing done
Apheori (GM): Oh, so you've got parties and girls everywhere, do you?
Wen: hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha
Gaurav: Wen: which college?
Wen: very funny Apheori.
Apheori (GM): Well, that is what people sometimes mean when they say 'college life'.
Wen: I'm on exchange at http://uwaterloo.ca/
Apheori (GM): OKAY.
GAME.
I CAN CLOSE OBLIVION AND GAME.
GAME.
Wen: so we're not expecting Gan?
Apheori (GM): GAAAAAME.
Frezak (GM): Gan should be along >.>
Apheori (GM): Make him, will you?
Nevermind.
Frezak (GM): BEHOLD MY DARK POWERS.
Gaurav hides
Ganelon: Beholding.
Frezak (GM): Sooooooo
Apheori (GM): OKAY.
I MADE NOTES.
Frezak (GM): We were going where Radek's madness wanted us to go?
Apheori (GM): I THINK THEY APPLY TO THIS.
Frezak (GM): NOTES?
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?
Gaurav: Notes?!
Wen: we were in the ship. I think Greibel wants to kill me and vice versa.
We're not at the city yet
that's all I remember.
Apheori (GM): In vehicle. Radek is flying to a city nobody else can see. Greibel and Azir each think the other is trying to kill them. Rhu is behind them, terrified out of his wits, but at least he s not screaming anymore. The Gravedigger was rudely awoken from his nap and isn't terribly happy.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right, we're all going mad
Wen: positively insane.
Frezak (GM): Oh, we couldn't see this city?
Mike B.: AHYAHYAHBALPLLT
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You were screaming.
Apheori (GM) points and laughs.
Bear Soup Guy: I pictured we were falling through some sort of void
Rhu: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Rhu takes a breath
Rhu: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You weren't sure where he was going and didn't really care.
Rhu: You stopped.
Wen: xD
Apheori (GM): I said WERE.
The Gravedigger: Quiet back there!
Or i'll turn this ship around!
Rhu stops screaming
The Gravedigger: And put you in holes!
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
The Gravedigger: Thank you.
The Gravedigger tries to resume his nap.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, Gravy hit Rhu a few times to get him to shut up.
Are we all on the page now?
Rhu makes sure the escape pods are still around
Wen: more or less I believe
Greibel continues dancing around behind Gravy to have protection from Azi
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Did you read what happened?
Ganelon: I remember this well enough.
Frezak (GM): We're in a flying convertible, no?
Apheori (GM): Right.
And Radek is flying and he just landed on something invisible.
Well, maybe not on. Above or next to.
Frezak (GM): DAMMIT.
I SHOUD HAVE BROUGHT PAINT.
gallons and gallons.
Apheori (GM): You still have a bucket of something.
Don't you?
Greibel HAD a bucket of paint, but then he upended it on his head.
Wen: when was this?
Frezak (GM): I don't have any buckets.
Apheori (GM): Guess you dropped it.
Ganelon: I have valuable liquid materials best not wasted on stuff like this.
That's about it.
Bear Soup Guy: I have dried paint stuck to my head
Frezak (GM): How can you say that?
We dont know what the stuff IS.
Apheori (GM): Radek can see the place, though. He doesn't need paint.
Frezak (GM): Right now the carshipthing is just hovering.
As far as we know.
Ganelon: I'll land it.
Frezak (GM): "we" being non-Radek peoples.
Wen: is this the city?
that we can't see?
Apheori (GM): Well, landed is hovering with this thing.
Wen: or somewhere else
Apheori (GM): This is it! Probably.
Wen: Okay.
Ganelon: Wait, what?
Apheori (GM): Radek sees a city like the one you left, but smaller and more beat up.
Ganelon: What happens when you turn the vehicle off?
Apheori (GM): But it's SHINY.
You park it in thingies.
But it still floats.
IT STILL FLOATS.
Unless it's down for maintenance.
Bear Soup Guy: Magnets
Apheori (GM): Magic.
Frezak (GM): SMSU.
Bear Soup Guy: Magicnets
Ganelon: Rrrrright then. Radek will step out of it like the grump he is.
Wen: SMSU?
Frezak (GM): Science/Magic/ShutUP.
Wen: Oh.
Apheori (GM): Everyone: Radek is standing on nothing.
The Gravedigger: Oh, come ON.
MOre of this?
Anyone have paint?
Apheori (GM): Azir, Greibel, Rhu: d20
Gaurav: o.0
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
12
)
=
12
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Frezak (GM): OH GODS.
JUST JUMP.
FLyyyyyy
Wen: Apheori: fewer sanity checks today please >.>
Apheori (GM): Rhu is still utterly panicked, Greibel and Azir are sane again.
Or as sane as they ever are.
Wen: \o/ do I still think he's trying to kill me?
Apheori (GM): Which in Greibel's case is saying almost nothing.
Nope.
Wen: excellent.
Apheori (GM): And Greibel got distracted by a cloud.
Aziraphale looks at Greibel and suddenly gets an urge to hug him
Greibel: Wheeeeee
Apheori (GM): But Wen, sanity checks are how you see reality!
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna watch Radek.
Wen: uh, so Radek's just standing outside and not telling us anything?
Apheori (GM): Apparently.
Ganelon: Why would he have cause to tell you anything?
Aziraphale: so Radek, did you just go out for a quick smoke in mid air?
Frezak (GM): if I watch him long enough, he'll do something interesting.
Wen: well, all of us aren't doing anything, for one thing
Frezak (GM): You're done squabbling?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Radek: No, I'm standing on solid ground. And I don't smoke.
Frezak (GM): Let's all stare in silence;
Apheori (GM): And roll well or I'll hurt you.
Aziraphale: What solid ground?
Greibel: You should start, man
It's awesome
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Wen: XD
Radek: Undoubtedly.
The Gravedigger: I don't see any ground.
The Gravedigger pokes the 'ground' with a shovel.
Aziraphale: I mean, this is quite impressive and all.
Frezak (GM): My second-best shovel, in case.
Aziraphale: or is this one of the perception issues again?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You come to your senses, see Radek standing on nothing, and... well...
Aziraphale grumbles
The Gravedigger: Maybe we can find fancy glasses.
Wen: what's the result of the shovel poke
Apheori (GM): Gravy: The shovel clinks on stone.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Aziraphale: augh damn it.
Aziraphale gingerly steps out side
Apheori (GM): You are standing on nothing.
Don't look down.
Greibel: Pala-dude, perception is just the gateway to the soul, man
Aziraphale resolutely looks straight ahead
Frezak (GM): I LEAP ONTO THE NOTHING.
Carefully.
Apheori (GM): You hear a loud crack as you land.
The Gravedigger: That wasn't me.
Radek: I would propose linking our consciousnesses together, except that would likely drive all of us insane for completely unrelated reasons to our present dilemma.
Wen: what's our perceived height?
Apheori (GM): High.
The Gravedigger: I don't want your consciousness. It's sad and grumpy.
Radek: Hmph.
Yours isn't exactly a prize worth fighting for either.
The Gravedigger: It's beyond price.
Aziraphale: This isn't sustainable. Even if we were standing on solid ground, we can't do anything when we can't see what's really around us.
Greibel: You know what I do when I want to see what's really around me?
Aziraphale: No. And I don't really want to know.
Aziraphale grumbles some more.
Greibel: Your loss, dude
Frezak (GM): brb
Greibel smokes some drugs, I think
Apheori (GM): The sky is watching you all like a wretched abyss.
Wen: (likewise. bathroom)
Bear Soup Guy: YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE SKY IN THE BATHROOM
IT'S WATCHING YOU THERE TOO
Ganelon: I'll refrain from trying to offend it this time.
Apheori (GM): As much as I hate to push you all, have you considered getting the magic guy to do some magic?
Frezak (GM): TO disillude?
I don't think we have.
not right now, at least.
Gaurav: Divine magic? Divine magic I can do.
Apheori (GM): Actually, any magic might tell you more at this point.
Wen: back
Apheori (GM): Like that thing Gravy wanted to do to the invisible room...
Frezak (GM): What, paint?
Or breaking it?
This stone is crackly >.>
Ganelon: Well, I've assumed that messing with dimensions is a bit beyond the magic man on his own.
Wen: wait, which of us have magic abilities?
Frezak (GM): All of us?
Ganelon: Of a sort.
Apheori (GM): It worked before.
Wen: uhh, what's mine?
Ganelon: Radek is the Arcane guy.
Divine.
Frezak (GM): You have divine stuff.
Wen: oh, in that sense, okay.
Gaurav: I can do a decent Religion or Insight check, if anybody thinks that'll help. I can do a very bad Arcana check. Not sure what "divine magic" maps to in D&D terms.
Apheori (GM): You hear creaking noises.
Ganelon: Well, alright. Let's try to stabilize shit here.
WITH MAGIC.
Wen: I can do an insight check I guess?
I have +8
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
16
)
+10
=
26
Wen: or +3 perception
Bear Soup Guy: I can check for animals and trees and stuff?
Wen: Apheori: Can I heal Rhu?
Ganelon: IS THE WORLD FIXED?
Apheori (GM): Gan: A couple of buildings fall down.
Ellemerr: Dig out the whole magic invisible floor! Dig as if you could even see what you were doing!
That's my suggestion. xD
Wen: out of combat
Apheori (GM): Everything shimmers.
Ganelon: Oh, uh... not nearby, I hope?
Apheori (GM): Not immediately nearby, no.
Wen: bah, I'll do a perception check
Frezak (GM): Is that a shimmering, or thing that he can see that we can't shimmer?
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
1
)
+3
=
4
Wen: >.<
Apheori (GM): Everyone sees the shimmering. And hears the rubbling.
Frezak (GM): Rubbling?
Apheori (GM): Buildings. Turning into rubble.
The Gravedigger: RAdek? Can you do something so we can see what's going on?
Because it sounds like holes.
Radek: I'm trying.
Wen: Apheori: Can I heal Rhu? Or does it have to happen during combat?
Apheori (GM): Azir: You hear a horrible high-pitched whine.
Aziraphale winces
Apheori (GM): Like the very fabric of reality is at odds with... you.
Ganelon: Standard rules say no, out of combat is totally fine. But he can also heal himself out of combat.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Okay, he's healed.
Wen: okay.
Rhu: Thanks!
Aziraphale Does anyone else hear that noise?
Wen: uh, -/me
Apheori (GM): Azir: no.
Aziraphale: Does anyone else hear that noise?
Rhu: Yes, we all hear the rumbling.
Apheori (GM): You all hear the rumbling and creaking, which is getting more insistent...
Also the sky is a massive hole and it wants to eat you.
Aziraphale: There's this... high pitched noise. Real unpleasant. Looks like reality is mucking about.
Apheori (GM): And you're standing on nothing.
Greibel: d20
Greibel: This reminds me of a nursery rhyme.
Ganelon: Well, I tried to make the floor visible.
Greibel: Oh wait, no, it was a movie. Never mind.
The Gravedigger: I think I'm gonna get back in the floating car thing now.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Aziraphale: ye-ah. Might be a good idea.
Apheori (GM): Greibel senses a squirrel he can't see.
Frezak (GM): and brb again >.>
Apheori (GM): Buildings are collapsing.
Greibel: hmmmm
Apheori (GM): The place is rumbling and cracking.
Aziraphale: Guys, let's get back in the ship.
Ganelon: Well, that sounds like a good idea.
I'll do that.
Gaurav: Can we feel the rumbling through the invisible thing we're standing on? Or do we just see/hear it?
Aziraphale reenters the ship
Ganelon: Let's not stick around near the collapsing building.
s*
Wen: I suggest investigating the sky
last time someone said we should just charge towards it >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Words no one has ever said before
Without smelling heavily of wine in an alley
Apheori (GM): The sky seems... lower.
Unless anyone says otherwise, you all get back in the car-thingy.
Rhu reluctantly gets back in the car-thingy
Apheori (GM): The shimmering is also much more intense.
Greibel: I miss my tree, man
Greibel gets back in
Radek: So if you don't want to land on the clearly visible city, which is now admittedly collapsing, by the way, where are we headed?
Aziraphale: Let's check out the sky?
Apheori (GM): Almost as if in answer to the question, reality collapses in on itself, and everything goes knurd.
Frezak (GM): KNURD
Also still not back.
Greibel: Woah
Ellemerr: Knurd :3
Greibel: I haven't seen knurd in ages
Apheori (GM): Azir's and Greibel's word are the last things anyone hears before falling unconscious.
words.
Apheori (GM) grumbles.
Ganelon: Yes, words.
Wen: uh, so game over? >.>
Frezak (GM): REROLL
DIBS ON MONK
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Not over.
Wen: well, considering we're unconscious... nothing we can do, is there?
Apheori (GM): IT'S JUST BEGINNING.
Gaurav: o.0
Apheori (GM): Sorry, I'm panicking.
This part was supposed to be important and I may or may not have planned it out but I can't remember.
So I'm trying to make something up. Give me a moment, will you? >.>
Aziraphale twiddles his thumbs unconsciously
Bear Soup Guy: Moment granted
Apheori (GM): Is there like a check or something to roll to wake up?
Frezak (GM): Not really.
Gaurav: We could roll initiatives to see what order we wake up in.
Frezak (GM): We could Constition checks.
*constitution.
Gaurav: Or just keep rolling d20s until someone rolls high enough to wake up, then wakes everybody else up.
Frezak (GM): With the tougher dudes being better able to recover from being KO'ed.
Apheori (GM): Everyone roll a d20 with your constitution modifier tacked on.
Frezak (GM): Awesome!
rolling 1D20+4
(
6
)
+4
=
10
gaaaaah
Gravy loves naps.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Frezak (GM): DAMMIT GREIBEL
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+1
(
17
)
+1
=
18
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Wen: which one is constitution?
Frezak (GM): Con.
Apheori (GM): Yours is 1.
Wen: okay
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 1
(
20
)
+1
=
21
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Wen: \o/
Frezak (GM): I AM SO SLEEPY.
Apheori (GM): Okay, Azir wakes up and looks around.
Aziraphale looks around
Apheori (GM): You're in the car in a dusty clearing in some treeless. The car-thing is no longer hovering for some reason.
Aziraphale shakes the other people
Frezak (GM): MR CAR NOOOOO
Apheori (GM): The others are in it as well, or around. Rhu is also stilling.
The other people besides Greibel wake up. Greibel seems to be having a nice dream, mumbling about a tree.
Gaurav: stilling?
The Gravedigger: Aw. He's like a little angel.
Apheori (GM): stirring
I CAN TYPE.
Aziraphale: Alright, so here we are. Lost once again. Lovely.
The Gravedigger: He could probably do with time to recover from the drugs.
Apheori (GM): There's a slight breeze.
The Gravedigger: So... this is.... uh....
Aziraphale: I hope you've all had a nice nap.
ESPECIALLY YOU, GRAVY.
The Gravedigger: It was great.
I feel so refreshed.
Aziraphale kicks Greibel (not too hard)
Rhu coughs in the dust
Apheori (GM): You actually do feel refreshed. Better than you've been, at least.
Radek grumbles loudly.
Gaurav: at the dust? because of the dust?
Apheori (GM): At, I think.
Radek: You were in the dirt.
Just so we're clear.
Frezak (GM): I'll go pick up and put Radek on his feet if he isn't.
Ganelon: Am I still metallic?
Apheori (GM): HE HAS REASON TO GRUMBLE.
Yes, and your metalic is dirty.
Ganelon: At least it's still there.
Apheori (GM): It tried to eat the dirt.
Frezak (GM): Stupid magic metal skin.
Rhu checks to see if we're still in a treeless, dusty clearing
Ganelon: Well, I'll do what I can to become clean.
Apheori (GM): I meant leafless trees.
I can't type. o__o
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check
(
4
)
+11
=
15
Frezak (GM): Leafless? Dead?
Apheori (GM): Apparently. It's too warm to be winter, and everything is just... dry.
You could check them, though.
Frezak (GM): I'll go smack a tree and see if it's dead.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Everything seems alarmingly normal, if a bit dead. The sky is a sky, the ground is solid, there are dry leaves and grasses around...
And apparently you landed in an old campsite.
Rhu beams
Rhu: Guys. GUYS. Reality seems to be not completely messed up for the moment.
Rhu carefully pokes at the ground
Apheori (GM): Frezak: The tree drops a bunch of dust on you. It seems to be dead.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's a ground.
Rhu: GUYS! SOLID GROUND!
Frezak (GM): Campsite? Any.. camping /things/ ? tent, fire....
Radek: Yes, but where are we?
The Gravedigger pats Rhu.
The Gravedigger: yes, that's ground.
I know ground all right.
And that, there. Is ground.
Rhu: GROUND.
Rhu lies down on the ground.
Apheori (GM): Old firepit with some logs, some stakes for a tent, an old journal, some shiny things in the grass...
Frezak (GM): SHINY THINGS.
EXAMINE SHINY THINGS.
Wen: (I'm totally still following along)
Apheori (GM): Shiny things are some bottles of what might be potions or liqueurs and a bong.
Frezak (GM): HMMM.
Could I identify the bottle contents with a... nature check?
that bong better be a +1 bong.
Apheori (GM): Try it.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
13
)
+8
=
21
brb
AGAIN >.>
Apheori (GM): The primary liquid in them appears to be alcohol. Beyond that you can't really tell what they are.
A couple are empty, but they're dry and don't smell like anything.
Aziraphale looks at the sky
Rhu: (getting off the ground) I think we should check if we can establish radio contact with the ship that brought us to this benighted planet, headquarters, and any living soul again, just in case something changed while we slept.
Apheori (GM): The sky is a sky, broad and blue and cloudless. Standard world, healthy.
It magically fixed itself!
Radek: I wouldn't be so quick to assume we're still on Sarathi.
Ganelon: Still, I'll give the computer a shot.
Aziraphale: Good point. Any way to check?
Would be nice if we got teleported out of that hellhole anyway.
Rhu: Ah. Well, maybe we're somewhere with a better class of reality, then.
Ganelon: Any connection?
Apheori (GM): No connection.
Rhu: Have you tried hitting it?
Frezak (GM): I will take all the bottles.
Radek: Have you tried getting an education in computer engineering?
There's no connection.
Ganelon: GRUMPY
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
(To Greibel): Wake up and pick up the bong.
The Gravedigger: I could hit it for you!
I understand all that learning gave you noodley arms.
I'll help!
Greibel starts waking up
The Gravedigger readies shovel.
Greibel stumbles into the place w'e're at
Aziraphale: Gravy, I don't think that's the best idea.
Wen: does whatever radio device I have on me have any reception?
The Gravedigger: Aw.
Greibel: Hey, what happened dudes?
Oh sweet. Anybody got dibs on the bong?
The Gravedigger: magic!
Rhu: Maybe Greibel can turn into a swarm of birds and check out the area for us?
Apheori (GM): You've still got reception to the other ones.
And none of them are identifying as 'sexy' anymore.
Greibel takes the bong
Wen: Good.
Aziraphale: I sort of like this reality.
I second the suggestion that Greibel scout the area.
The Gravedigger: This is fine hole-dirt.
Greibel: Okay
Apheori (GM): You could dig a hole!
Gaurav: Er
Apheori (GM): And bury the car-thing!
Gaurav: Wait
Greibel: (in a serious super-hero voice) Hold my bong!
Apheori (GM): I mean...
Rhu picks up the old journal and flips through it
Aziraphale reverentially holds it
Frezak (GM): I will begin digging.
Greibel unceremoniously poofs into a flock of dirty birds
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You don't recognise the script. Which is odd, because you've at least seen quite a few...
Radek: Wait, what are you digging a hole for?
Apheori (GM): It also isn't very good handwriting, though, so that might have something to do with it.
The Gravedigger: You never know when you need a good hole.
Rhu: Hey ... does anybody recognize this script?
Aziraphale: I'll read it.
Frezak (GM): I'll peek over Azir's shoulder for a glance then get back to digging.
Apheori (GM): Azir: It looks... familiar. Like you should know what it is. But you don't.
Wen: oh damn, I thought I could roll
Apheori (GM): Frezak: It looks like really bad handwriting,.
Frezak (GM): And by peek I mean loom.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+2 history check to see if anything about the script recalls any past civilization or culture.
(
2
)
+2
=
4
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Rhu tries looking at the journal upside down
Frezak (GM): SMOKE IT IN THE BONG
Ganelon: I'll check out the car.
Apheori (GM): Wen: You can roll, you just...
Er, wait, no, you could succeed.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): DO IT.
Aziraphale: So this looks familiar, but I still can't read it.
Apheori (GM): I keep mixing up the holy people.
Bear Soup Guy: But I'm birds!
Apheori (GM): No, wait, I still mixed them up.
BIRDS!
Wen: also, did the ship turn into a car? or is that just alias car ship
Frezak (GM): Wen is super holy.
Ganelon: I'm calling it a car.
Wen: totes
Apheori (GM): Car-ship.
Frezak (GM): It was always a flying convertible car.
Apheori (GM): Future car.
Convertible thingy.
Frezak (GM): future
Apheori (GM): This wasn't SHIP.
Gaurav: Yeah, but this isn't the ship named SHIP we landed in, right? This we picked up outside the mall?
Wen: indeed
Frezak (GM): This car does not make sandwiches.
Wen: so what does Greibel see?
(To Greibel): As birds, you scout the area. There are a lot of trees, some hills, a village in the distance that looks like some sort of weird hippy commune. Everything is pretty dry.
Apheori (GM): Azir, Rhu: I'm sorry, I mixed you two up. It looked familiar to Rhu, Azir has never seen anything like it. I apologise for this.
Greibel needs to get back and say.
Rhu: Huh. This looks ... familiar.
Wen: Hmm.. this is odd. So it's from this planet, but I can't read it and Rhu can.
unless it isn't from this planet! -cue dramatic music-
Apheori (GM): I never said he could read it.
Wen: oh right.
Apheori (GM): Just that it looked familiar.
Wen: where's Rhu from anyway?
Ganelon: Why is the car no longer hovering?
Apheori (GM): Sarathi gets a lot of vacationers.
Good question!
Bear Soup Guy: SORRY I HAD TO DO A THING SUPER QUICK
Rhu puts away the old journal
Greibel turns back to elf
Greibel: There's a village off in that direction. Looks like some kind of commune sort of place. Other than that, lots of trees, birds, hills. Mostly unpopulated by any kinds of people.
The Gravedigger: What about things that aren't people?
Radek: Mostly?
The Gravedigger: Giant lizards?
Magic bugs?
(To Greibel): There wasn't much else. Too dry?
(To Greibel): Some caves, though. Might be some there.
Rhu: Greibel: Any bodies of water around?
(To Greibel): You didn't see any water...
Greibel: There were some caves, might be some people or animals in there.
(To Greibel): MADNESS.
Greibel: Not much for non-birds
No water anywhere nearby
Frezak (GM): So how common is .. teleportation in our future universe?
Apheori (GM): Very common.
Frezak (GM): So being dumped across planets is nothing spectacular?
Apheori (GM): Got devices in every town to jump pedestrians between them, and gateways between many major worlds...
But being dumped without a device? That is odd.
Gaurav: I don't think we're carrying teleporters, though? And walking to that commune is just asking for a random encounter.
Apheori (GM): Wizards might do that sort of thing, but that's wizards.
Ganelon: Never call Radek a wizard, incidentally.
Frezak (GM): Well i'm totes hyped for going to the willage.
Maybe the want some holes dug.
Aziraphale: I second the motion to go to the village.
The Gravedigger: To the willage!
Greibel: Willage!
Ganelon: Hold up.
Frezak (GM): Comes Gravy's voice from his hole.
Rhu: We should see if we can get the ship named car working first.
Ganelon: Again, what's wrong with the car?
The Gravedigger: Oh, all right.
Ganelon: Yeah, that.
Rhu: That would help us get to the village and more importantly get away when everything goes awful.
Apheori (GM): It's just sitting there.
The Gravedigger resumes holecrafting.
Apheori (GM): I take it Radek investigates?
Ganelon: Yes.
Apheori (GM): Roll an investigate!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
5
)
+10
=
15
Apheori (GM): Apparently it's off.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Wen: hee
Ganelon: ...I turn it on.
Apheori (GM): It turns on, but only partly lifts.
Like only the front.
Frezak (GM): It's a giant Tenser's disk.
Wen: o_O
Frezak (GM): Oh.
Rhu: Oh!
Maybe something's wrong with the rear ... disk?
Radek climbs out of the vehicle.
Bear Soup Guy takes his bong back
Bear Soup Guy: Thanks for holding this, man
Fragile, you know
Radek: Turn this thing over on its side so I can take a look.
Frezak (GM): CAN DO.
Strength check to flip the car.
rolling 1D20+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+6 Nature check to see if I can guess what kind of monsters might live in this area.
(
2
)
+6
=
8
Frezak (GM): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY POWERRRRRR
Faaadinnnnnngggg...
Gaurav: In Soviet Russia, car flips you.
Wen: uhh, should I give it a go?
Frezak (GM): I pulled a muscle >.>
Or several.
Aaaag my lats
Apheori (GM): That.
Radek: Hmph.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You suspect birds.
Ganelon: I'll try it!
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna hide in my hole.
Ganelon: With my fantastic old-man strength!
rolling 1d20-1
(
7
)
-1
=
6
YEAH
Frezak (GM): You can sit in my hole if you want.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
..
Guys, I don't think we're going to be able to do this.
Apheori (GM): You, you all failed, and Azir broke a nail.
Aziraphale: ow.
Frezak (GM): What the hells.
Aziraphale: Let's try the village first, maybe?
Frezak (GM): Maybe... turn the engine off and THEN flip it?
Bear Soup Guy: Should Greibel still SMOKE THE SCRIPT
Aziraphale: NO.
Frezak (GM): SMOKE THAT SHIT MAN
Bear Soup Guy: Damn :(
Frezak (GM): INGEST THE WORDS
INHALE TRUTH
Aziraphale: Uhh
Aziraphale eyes Gravy
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): Gravy is sad.
Aziraphale: Guys, I think he's going insane.
Frezak (GM): His one talent is that he's strong. And he failed at that.
Radek: No. No, no, no, no. We are not talking about sanity again.
Rhu: Maybe there's a panel at the back of CAR that opens? Don't mechanical things usually have panels?
Radek: Let's go to the village.
Apheori (GM): You could... try again.
Ganelon: Another roll?
Frezak (GM): I'd love to try again.
Gaurav: I could try. Is it just 1d20 + STR?
Wen: yeah.
Bear Soup Guy: Strength modifier I believe
Wen: what are we going to do if we fix it though? We'd still go to the village.
Frezak (GM): But we could go to the willage in STYLE.
Gaurav: hmm, my strength is zero, so I should probably go last. Greibel: can you change into any animal big enough to carry the car?
Frezak (GM): I can try again, GM?
Math gives me chances of not FUCKING IT UP
Gaurav: And we aren't leaving the only thing from Sarathi we still have at a campsite where we might not be able to find it again.
Apheori (GM): You can always try again unless things break.
Ganelon: My strength is -1.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
GODDAM IT
FUCK THIS GAME
Bear Soup Guy: That's a good question Guar
Frezak (GM): GRAAAAAH
Ganelon: Pfffaaahahahah
Bear Soup Guy: What are the rules on that?
Frezak (GM): FUCKING NEUTRONIUM CAR
Gaurav: Well, that and this light fixture I picked up.
Bear Soup Guy: My strength is balls but I can turn into like a bear or a dragon or something
Rhu tries
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+0
(
13
)
+0
=
13
Frezak (GM): It doesn't change your stats, BSG.
Apheori (GM): You feel like you almost can and are sad.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie-dokie
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Also you saw a panel.
Rhu: A PANEL!
Rhu points at the panel hoping someone who understands technology can do the technology thing
Aziraphale pokes Radek
Ganelon: Panel science?
Frezak (GM): I'm sobbing in my hole.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
12
)
+10
=
22
Greibel: Hey man, don't be bummed.
It's a pretty big car thing, y'know?
Apheori (GM): Gan: You get the panel off, find the controls all look fine, and realise the back thing is just full of dirt.
Gaurav: In my head, I see Gravy as being twice as tall as the car is long.
Aziraphale: Looks like a job for Gravy.
Gaurav: well, not twice
but just absurdly too big for this car
Frezak (GM): Gravy is about... seven feets of tallness?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Like Shaq in a Miata
Radek: Gravy, come get this dirt out of here.
Frezak (GM): HOW.
Bear Soup Guy: Also brb starting some noodles
Frezak (GM): WITH MY GIANT HANDS?
Apheori (GM): Well, he could stick his hand in it. But that would probably be a terrible idea if the car is on.
Frezak (GM): Also that.
Radek: Dirt and violence are your two specialties, aren't they?
Apheori (GM): Of course Gravy might not realise that second bit...
The Gravedigger: If you want that car to work, these giant hamhocks won't help.
Will my shove fit in that hole? i don't think so.
Apheori (GM): Also I want noodles too.
Radek: Useless!
Apheori (GM): MAgic.
Frezak (GM): I don't deal in precision stuff.
I MAKE HOLES
I DO NOT FIX CARS.
The Gravedigger sobs in his hole some more.
Ganelon: I'll do it myself, then.
With the car off.
While grumbling about unreliable urban vehicle designs.
Apheori (GM): You get the dirt out and turn it back on and it just works.
Rhu: YAY!
Frezak (GM): I want to check my backpack to check that everything is how I last left it.
If dirt got teleported into the car bits, who know what else has moved.
Apheori (GM): As a side note, Greibel tries smoking some plants he found. This has no real bearing on anything, but that's what he's doing while this is going on. And while the noodles are preparing.
Wen: so do we take the car-ship to the village?
Frezak (GM): Can i roll Nature to identify psychotropic plants?
Ganelon: That's the plan.
Frezak (GM): ANd make sure to steer him away from them?
If I roll enough things I won't get a 1.
Apheori (GM): Your stuff all seems to be there, although you're not sure where the package of fertiliser came from...
Frezak (GM): A package?
Future or old times package?
Apheori (GM): You've got a tub of fertiliser. Like... normal technical chemical fertiliser.
Frezak (GM): Any distinctive writing on it?
Apheori (GM): It's labelled 'all-purpose plant food'
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
The Gravedigger: hey, check your stuff, guys.
Aziraphale examines his inventory
Ganelon: Anything out of place?
Apheori (GM): The dragon parts you collected don't seem to be dragon parts anymore.
They seem to have broken down.
Wen: You get a pack of fertilizers. You get a pack of fertilizers. EVERYONE gets a pack of fertilizers.
Apheori (GM): Still probably useful, though.
Greibel has a pocket full of fanged peas.
The Gravedigger: GAH
PEAS
Gaurav: Unless I missed something, the only thing Rhu picked up recently is the half digested light fixture and the old journal. Are they still fine?
Wen: I thought we were out of the crazy reality? :/
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Aye.
Greibel found the peas by reaching into a pocket and pulling out a hand covered in them. Not attacking, just... sticking and chittering.
Frezak (GM): PLANT PLAN.
Save them peas, man.
Save them for dire times.
Greibel: Right on
Greibel puts the peas back in his pocket
Rhu: Those are some cool peas.
Greibel: Shhhh, your time will come little ones
Apheori (GM): The peas come off without complaint.
Aziraphale: I'm more bothered by the fact that everything seemed sane for a moment, and then bam, fanged peas.
Nothing against the peas themselves, just..
Rhu checks the box of fertilizer to see if it has any ammonium nitrate in it
The Gravedigger: i'm sure everything will sort itself out.
Gaurav: Are fanged peas a savory snack on the planet Rhu is from?
Oh, I meant: Rhu looks at the text on the box, not performs some sort of on the fly chemical analysis
Apheori (GM): Urea nitrogen.
12% nitrogen, but not that.
Aziraphale: I think we should head to the village.
Apheori (GM): The one you mentioned.
Frezak (GM): TO THE WILLAGE
Apheori (GM): Fanged peas ain't a snack anywhere... civilised.
Ganelon: Willage?
Gaurav: Before we head to the village, we should double-check that we're all healed up and fighting-ready.
Frezak (GM): WILLAGE
Wen: I think we are.
Frezak (GM): I haven't taken any damage.
Wen: Rhu was the only one that ever got hit by the chicken, and he's healed.
Apheori (GM): Someone broke a nail at some point.
Gaurav: Sweet. Sounds like we're ready to go!
Wen: yes, me, but I didn't realise that hurt HP
so uh, I heal myself?
(To Frezak): How do I throw a pack of starved wolves at you?
Rhu: (darkly) I don't like communes. Or villages. Or _people_.
Rhu gets back into the car
(From Frezak (GM)): You say... "You come across a pack of starved wolves." ? O.o
Gaurav: BTW: Wikipedia says that urea + nitric acid = explosive, so keep your eyes peeled for nitric acid I guess.
Greibel: I LOVE communes
And people are alright, but I prefer animals
Bear Soup Guy: :O
(To Frezak): Yeah, but the encounter... thing...
Wen: uh, we float over to the village?
(To Frezak): Then again if you're flying that's not an issue.
(From Frezak (GM)): Um. I'll find some wolf tokens and some wolf monster sheets? Then slide the party to another map - oh, right.
Gaurav: Who's driving?
Frezak (GM): Who has best perception?
Apheori (GM): How do you get Gravy out of his hole?
Wen: can't he dig himself out?
Frezak (GM): I'll just climb out, sulkily.
Apheori (GM): Aw.
Ganelon: Aw, I was going to suggest flooding it with fertilizer.
Rhu: Animals are alright, I guess. Cats are pretty cool, even when they're not gods.
Aziraphale: cat gods are terrible
Gaurav: Rhu has +11 perception, and anybody within five squares of me gets a +1 to their perception.
anybody -> allies
Bear Soup Guy: sexy
Frezak (GM): Well that puts me at... 9.
SO YOU CAN DRIVE
Radek: Gods, animals, people... I'll stick with my machines.
Rhu: Everybody in?
Aziraphale: Gravy?
Rhu squints at the road and drives in whatever direction Greibel said the village was.
Frezak (GM): yeah, i'll get in back.
Greibel: Road trip!
Ganelon: Wait, there's a road?
Apheori (GM): Not really.
Rhu: Plain trip!
Frezak (GM): Dirt!
Greibel: DIRT!
Apheori (GM): A bit of a path, but not wide enough to fit the car, and it doesn't really go anywhere.
So you, like, fly over the trees or something.
Frezak (GM): HAHA, SUCK IT, TREES
Rhu: Huh. This is a cool car.
Apheori (GM): Roll your thingies.
Perceptions.
Things.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8+1
(
6
)
+8+1
=
15
Wen: +8+1?
Greibel: r 1d20+9+1
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+7+1
(
10
)
+7+1
=
18
Frezak (GM): +1 from Rhu?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception
(
2
)
+11
=
13
Wen: oh
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 3 + 1
(
11
)
+3+1
=
15
Rhu: There are some trees over here. I think.
Frezak (GM): We need a new driver.
Apheori (GM): Y'all see trees. And dirt. And rocks.
And a sinkhole over there.
And more rocks.
And some strange shiny things with a deformed bird on them.
And more dirt. And trees. And rocks.
All the trees are dead.
Rhu: Should we investigate the sinkhole?
Or the deformed bird?
Frezak (GM): Deformed bird?
Also shiny things.
Apheori (GM): It's very large, missing a bunch of feathers, and has too many limbs.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Wen: any shimmering or other signs of deformed reality?
Apheori (GM): Not that you see.
Wen: Good.
Rhu: Phew.
Aziraphale: Greibel: can you see what's up with the bird?
Frezak (GM): Nature checks on the bird?
Apheori (GM): ..sure.
Bear Soup Guy: NATURE CHECKS
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
17
)
+8
=
25
Ganelon: I know nothing about mutants.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+11
(
18
)
+11
=
29
Apheori (GM): Radek should do a science check.
Gaurav: Woah, nice rolls.
Frezak (GM): DAMMIT BSG
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS UPSTAGE ME
Ganelon: ...Do I still need to?
Apheori (GM): I guess not.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Frezak (GM): Between us, we know all nature.
Gaurav: BSG is more nature than man.
Er, elf.
Bear Soup Guy: Together we could conquer the dirt world!
Apheori (GM): It's a mutated bird, like a second or third generation after a bad radiationing thing.
...words are hard.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Does it seem agressive?
Apheori (GM): You're not close enough. You could get closer.
Frezak (GM): Likely to be a problem if we examined the shiny stuffs?
Bear Soup Guy: NATURE EYES
Apheori (GM): It seems like it could be guarding the stuff.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Have radek fire a warning shot?
Ganelon: Just to make noise?
Aziraphale: I suggest we go to the village first. I mean, even if we do all our observations, we can't really understand any of what happened without more information.
Frezak (GM): AND LEAVE THE SHINIES?
...
Fine.
Greibel: Looks like he isn't going anywhere, I guess
Rhu: I agree with Azi, although it might be fun to have Greibel turn into a flock of angry birds and try to distract the mutant bird for us.
Aziraphale: It'd achieve nothing.
Rhu: ...
Frezak (GM): A flock of sexy mutant birds.
Apheori (GM): XD
Greibel slicks his hair
Aziraphale: If the mutant birds attack, we could do that.
Rhu: We could also just drive this car into the bird. It belongs in a museum!
Frezak (GM): Well, at least in a jar.
Aziraphale: You're like the British and the pyramids way back when people still lived on earth.
"This belongs in a museum!"
a jar. Even worse.
Gaurav: I work in a museum. We have many jars.
Wen: do they have interesting stuff in them? :P
Apheori (GM): Octopi.
Squids.
Slugs.
More slugs.
Wen: My character is like, uptight and grumpy and not very likeable. Of course it's going to be a dick about it.
Apheori (GM): But anyhow.
Wen: damn slugs.
Apheori (GM): Your character is awesome.
Wen: so let's continue to the village?
Apheori (GM): So what'll you do?
DRIVER. DO SOMETHING.
Wen: I vote village.
Rhu: I vote village.
(but wait to see what the others say before actually driving us there)
Greibel: I vote village but that bird is so cute
Frezak (GM): sure
Ganelon: Works for me.
Rhu drives us to the village
Apheori (GM): It's evening. There are some folks standing around listlessly, but then one spots you approach and points. They stare up in shock and wonder.
The Gravedigger: HELLO PEOPLE.
WE COME TO DIG HOLES.
Radek: No we don't!
Rhu keeps the car hovering 20 feet above the shocked people.
Apheori (GM): The people startle at Gravy, and especially his voice, and cower in fear.
The Gravedigger: I'm trying to reassure them.
Everyone likes holes.
The Gravedigger waves
Aziraphale: Hallo.
Bear Soup Guy: Shall we roll for their trust or...something?
They'll probably like me, being the outdoorsman
The villagers back away in fear.
Frezak (GM): Just rain drugs on them.
Apheori (GM): You're hovering 20ft up.
Aziraphale: Hello, people, do you have food? I'm hungry.
Apheori (GM): Of course that might be a little intimidating.
Rhu: Who's the most charismatic person here?
Ganelon: Someone insight these people.
I'm terrible at it.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
12
)
+8
=
20
Gaurav: Rhu's CHA is -1 so he's keeping his big mouth shut.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+9
(
4
)
+9
=
13
Frezak (GM): So's mine >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah we all suck at people
Gaurav: DM: did you just create a character named "The villagers"? Or can you make actions with arbitrary subjects?
Frezak (GM): It's a Journal entry.
Apheori (GM): It's not a commune, or hippies. It's a village of what appears to be an agrarian society, except they don't look very well off. They look all afraid and hungry and hopeless.
Frezak (GM): So.... both >.>
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Wen: do they understand us?
Apheori (GM): They don't seem to.
And now most of them have run away inside.
Wen: can I have a babelfish?
Frezak (GM): Most?
Apheori (GM): I don't think Radek knows how to make those.
Two villagers remain.
But they don't seem inclined to actually do anything with y'all way up there. They're just watching.
Frezak (GM): Drop down.
I have an icebreaker.
Radek: What are they so afraid of?
Aziraphale: Us, I think.
The Gravedigger: Maybe they've never seen such a beard.
It might be scary for them.
Radek: Fear isn't exactly the first emotion I would experience, looking at this group as an outsider.
Aziraphale: if you were an agrarian society with no experience of space-age technology, wouldn't you be afraid of a hovercraft?
Radek: Maybe pity.
Rhu: An agrarian society? Do you suppose they'd be interested in fertilizer?
Wen: I should know if agrarian society exists (and if so, where) on Srathi, shouldn't I?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Wen: so?
Aziraphale: I don't think they wouldn't know what to do with it
Apheori (GM): There was a proposed hippy commune at one point, but it never actually happened.
Frezak (GM): But these are wood huts, right?
Apheori (GM): The huts are wood and stone.
Aziraphale: -don't
Apheori (GM): But roofed with thatch.
Wen: So there aren't supposed to be agrarian societies on Sarathi?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Aziraphale: Guys, this is.. odd.
Frezak (GM): Surely handmade structure are strange to us?
Apheori (GM): And Sarathi is usually pretty lush, too.
Yes.
Aziraphale: I don't think places like this exist anymore on Sarathi.
The Gravedigger: Those houses were made by hand.
Apheori (GM): They are.
The Gravedigger: Ya don't see those anymore.
Apheori (GM): Some people do it, like you and your shovels, but it's odd.
Aziraphale: ...so we're either somewhere no one has ever been, on another planet, or in another dimension.
Ellemerr: "Aw, this is so quaint!"
The Gravedigger: Is this a Ren fair?
Aziraphale: This does not please me.
Rhu: One of us needs to speak with them. Does anybody have a Charisma over zero?
Apheori (GM): You forgot time travel.
Frezak (GM): I'm at -1.
But I have a trick.
Aziraphale: Oh, or we travelled back in time.
Frezak (GM): Lemme down!
Aziraphale: Thanks voice-from-nowehere.
The Gravedigger: I have an idea, guys.
Apheori (GM): Azir: I'm the voice in the back of your mind because you're crazy.
The Gravedigger: Lower us down slowly.
Rhu lowers us down slowly
Frezak (GM): I'll get out, making exaggerated, slow moves.
And clearly put my shovel and shield into the car.
And pull out one of the booze bottles from my pack.
Uncork it, take a swig.
Apheori (GM): One of the ones from the campsite?
Frezak (GM): And then advance to one of the dudes with a bottle in hand.
yes, those.
You said they were booze, right?
Apheori (GM): Alcohol, yes.
It makes you feel funny. Lighter.
Greibel: That's a great idea!
Poor people love booze!
Apheori (GM): One of the villagers eyes you suspiciously, but also approaches.
The Gravedigger: Radek, you're smart. Come with me.
And try to not look too grumpy.
Radek: If this doesn't work I'm breaking out the science.
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna offer him the bottle.
Apheori (GM): They're human. These two are an older man and a woman who looks like she could be his mother.
Ganelon: You know that I still look like a chrome statue, right?
Frezak (GM): Shit.
Well I'm a horned giant.
Rhu watches Gravy's attempt to communicate with the communists and is clearly impressed.
Apheori (GM): The man accepts the bottle, eyes it with slight confusion, but also takes a swig.
Frezak (GM): We'll work.
Ganelon: Fine, fine.
Radek steps out of the car and follows Gravy.
Apheori (GM): The man says something, but you don't understand it.
It seems like a question.
The Gravedigger: Now that we have his attention, Radek. Do some smart gesture figuring out stuff;
Apheori (GM): The woman watches Radek.
The Gravedigger: I'll get you a stick so you can draw things in the dirt.
Keep an eye out for trouble, guys?
Frezak (GM): DO SOME SMART THINGS NOW
Apheori (GM): Guys in car: You realise the rest of the village is watching out the windows.
Frezak (GM): Because I did not think this through.
Aziraphale keeps an eye out
Ganelon: What do you want me to do, draw pictograms?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check to see if I can spot any potential danger, paying particular attention to the side of the village opposite that where Gravy and Radek are.
(
1
)
+11
=
12
Frezak (GM): That sounds about right.
GORRAM 1's !!!
Apheori (GM): The woman says something as well, and the man looks back, worried. She shrugs.
Rhu: You have absolutely no idea whatsoever.
Wen: Can we get Greibel to turn into something that understands them?
Ganelon: Why would you rely on me to communicate with simpletons?!
Frezak (GM): Because intelligence.
To find ways to conery concepts.
Via shitty mediums such as gesturing.
Aziraphale: Guys, if we went back in time, or to another planet, or to another dimension, this might well be a "normal" world as far as these folks are concerned.
including the deformed bird
Rhu: Ask them if they know the way to the nearest city?
Apheori (GM): The man tries another greeting.
Aziraphale: just different stages of evolution.
Villager: Enry?
The Gravedigger: Sorry, I'm not familiar with your words, Mr farmer.
Villager: Vosals. Acandorai tir.
Villager gestures around to the village.
Radek: What do we want from them? We aren't going to get any kind of complex information like this.
Certainly not with a stick.
Aziraphale: Ask them where the city is
Rhu: Greibel: can you do a nature check to look for any effects of radiation on the villages?
Aziraphale: gesture tall buildings
shrug
Greibel: A stick can be more telling than you might think, man
Aziraphale: point places
Greibel smokes from the bong a little
Aziraphale: that should do it
Rhu: Show them the tablet computers I hope we still have?
Greibel: Radiation is nature?
The Gravedigger: Well you come here and do gesturings!
Aziraphale exits the car and goes forth
Aziraphale gestures as described
Greibel: Okay, well
Check for radiation!
rolling 1d20+11
(
19
)
+11
=
30
Apheori (GM): The woman glares at Azir.
Frezak (GM): You have Geiger eyeballs.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Sure, you detect some low levels of something or other.
Like it's faded and almost gone, never really was a whole lot.
Greibel tells that to Rhu
Greibel: Meh
Wen: could it have been just not thing out of the ordinary?
Greibel: Probably bananas
Apheori (GM): The woman starts gesturing and chanting, casting a spell you don't recognise.
Wen: places _do_ have background radiation, even on roundworld
Frezak (GM): MAGIC?
Rhu: Hmm. I wonder why the birds seem so much worse affected than the people?
Aziraphale makes a gesture for keeping evil away
Apheori (GM): MAgic.
Gaurav: WOAH. Who has the best arcana? Can you figure out what she did?
Mine's a measly +2
Aziraphale: I can shield us with my divine thingy right?
if it's bad
Apheori (GM): A soft light explodes around her and permeates the area, and as it does, a small woman appears next to Greibel.
Greibel: Jinkies!
Ganelon: That would be me.
Apheori (GM): The villager woman looks surprised.
Gaurav: Is Greibel still in the car?
Amadi: What time is it?!
Ganelon: Not the woman.
The person with the best Arcana.
Apheori (GM): Amadi is the woman next to Greibel in the car.
You can try to figure out what happened, yes.
Gaurav: Rhu is also in the car.
Rhu jumps in his seat
Rhu: (looking at Amadi, surprised) Who's that?
Aziraphale: I think you should try to talk to her. This one at least appears to understand gobblygook
Amadi: Who's who? Who're YOU?
Greibel: Who made you?
Amadi: I did!
Did I?
Maybe?
What time is it!
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna stalk over to her and pick her up.
Aziraphale goes back to the car
Aziraphale: do you know these people?
The Gravedigger: DO YOU LIKE HOLES?
Greibel: Are you friendly or unfriendly?
Apheori (GM): The villagers back away.
Wen: Gravy, don't try to impress ladies. 'tis not the time.
>.>
Frezak (GM): Shh.
I have the biggest holes.
Ellemerr: ... Did Gravy just pick up Amadi.
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): Apparently.
Frezak (GM): Not brutally, but so that they're face to face.
Greibel: Ah man, come on...
Amadi: Do I like holes? Do I like holes... hm. Did I fall through a hole? I think I'm friendly until proven otherwise. The holes are neutral.
Frezak (GM): I'll put her down.
Aziraphale: Do you know the people outside?
The Gravedigger: Hmmm.
I have my eye on you.
Aziraphale: Do you recognise a ship-car-thing?
Amadi stumbles a little at being put down and takes some uncertain steps. Then she looks around, trying to take in the whole... rather messy scene.
Villager hails to Amadi, something in his own tongue, but she recognises it.
Rhu: (to Amadi) I am Rhu, an avenger serving the great god Hazz'ridan. Where do you come from?
Aziraphale: What did he just say to you?
(To Amadi): Something like "Hail, who speaks our tongue, are you with these demons?"
Amadi ignores the party of lunatics and goes over to the villager, looking up at him. She's not the biggest of ladies.
(To Amadi): And you definitely know the name Hazz'ridan.
Amadi: What time is it?
Frezak (GM): What lunatics?
Ellemerr: Do you have to ask?
Aziraphale stares at Amadi, quite offended
Frezak (GM): I'll look up into the sky.
What times DOES it look like?
Villager responds something short but polite, and nods to her.
Wen: "there are two suns, one of them appears to be setting and the other is rotating around a point"
...knowing Names >.>
(To Amadi): "Evening, but I'm afraid I can't say more specific.
Gaurav: hah
Apheori (GM): Normal sky, evening, some wisps of high clouds.
Amadi: Oh. Really?
Amadi looks at the sky.
The Gravedigger: Evening time!
Villager: En.
Amadi: Well. Okay!
(To Amadi): "Yes."
The Gravedigger: Teatime! or dinner!
Depends if you're British or American.
Amadi: I don't think I know these demons. Are they demons? One of them know Hazz!
The Gravedigger: DInner!
DO we have sandwiches left?
The Gravedigger checks his pack for sandwiches.
Villager: Hazz?
Amadi turns away from the villager and looks at Rhu.
Apheori (GM): You have sandwiches and some snacks.
Amadi: Hazz'ridan. You don't know him. Don't worry about it.
Radek: I'm not a demon.
Rhu: Do you mean Hazz'ridan, the great God of Dead Ends? I worship him.
Amadi: I don't think you know him. Do you know him?
Wen: brb
Villager: Azrai tocoma. Ira san?
Rhu: he is my guide and my protector.
(To Amadi): "Names differ. Should we?"
(From Amadi): You tell me >.>
Amadi: Guide. Hah. Hah... Good one.
(To Amadi): They know him as Vitoi.
Greibel: If you count getting people miserably lost as protection...
Rhu: It is in becoming lost that we find ourselves.
The Gravedigger: He's not the most hope-filled fellow, that's for sure.
Yeah, that sort of gibberish.
The villagers confer.
Rhu holds his amulet/implement worshipfully.
The Gravedigger: Stick to holes, I say.
Very simple things.
None of these Zen things.
Apheori (GM): The villager woman seems to recognise the implement.
Amadi turns back to the villager, pondering. "Vitoi, maybe? I mean, if it's evening... it might be?"
Villager: En, Vitoi. Asa cae.
The Gravedigger: Anyone want a sandwich?
I have a few more bottles of hooch?
(To Amadi): That one.
(To Amadi): I like how he didn't realise those were potions.
Apheori (GM): Alcohol-based, granted.
Oops.
Amadi: I want a sandwitch!
Apheori (GM): Wrong chat.
Amadi runs over to Gravy.
The Gravedigger hands Amadi a sandwich.
The Gravedigger: Anyone else?
I think I have ... little... cake packet things.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Do you also study the ways of the maze?
Ellemerr: What are the sandwitches like?
Villager: A gona?
Frezak (GM): Probably home-made sandwiches. Since I never packed any SHIP sandwiches.
Wen: Who are these people? Where are we?
Aziraphale: err
Who are these people and where are we?
Amadi: Yes, a sandwich. This guy has... he calls them sandwiches.
Frezak (GM): In this future, probably the only sandwiches ever.
Apheori (GM): A few villagers step outside their homes. They're still not sure what's going on, but they seem reassured at least somewhat.
The Gravedigger: I don't have enough sandwiches for everyone.
Villager: Nana gona vos sacai. Eren iri?
Frezak (GM): In these days when people eat nutrient pastes and pellets and crap.
Amadi takes a big bite of the food-stuff and turn to Rhu, shaking her head. "Ah 'now 'im. 'E's fun."
(To Amadi): They do not call them gona. What are they?
Rhu: Fun ... yes, I suppose he is. (beat) I suppose that depends on what you find fun, though.
Wen: is Amadi ignoring my questions on purpose? >.>
Frezak (GM): MOST LIKELY.
Wen: dammit. Rhu, you ask her.
what with your common god and crap.
Amadi chews and swallows and answers the villager, "They speak sorta funny, I guess. They're sandwichy enough. Mmmm..." She takes another bite, bigger this time.
Gaurav: Btw, it being 2:40am here, and me having to be up in five hours to check in to my flight out of India, I'm going to have to start making I-should-leave-soon noises. But I'll stay til 3am at least.
Frezak (GM): Gah!
TIMES >.>
Apheori (GM): Bah.
Wen: timezones suck.
Apheori (GM): EVERYONE KEEP GOING.
Wen: no one knows that more than I do.
Frezak (GM): I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH WITH SANDWICHES.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Do something crazy!
Ellemerr: Amadi is not ignoring anyone on purpose... right now. But sandwiches might be more interesting. >.>
Rhu: Sandwich lady: do you know where we are? My party and I appeared on this planet not an hour ago and we don't know where we are.
The Gravedigger: We were eaten by a hole.
(From Ellemerr): Do I know where we are? xD
The Gravedigger: It was the sky.
Amadi: ... I think there might have been a hole... at some point...
(To Ellemerr): Sort of? I mean, you know the name of the world, and the name of the universe. But you may not know that it's this at the moment, or...
(From Amadi): So in other words, not yet, at the very least.
Rhu: We were on Sarathi, and quite frankly a single hole would have been an improvement.
(From Amadi): I'm totally giving Frezak half a convo, ain't I.
Ganelon: Hold on.
How old does Amadi appear to be?
(To Ellemerr): You could proudly announce that this is Arling Tor, where Kyrule reigns king.
(To Ellemerr): You do know the name Sarathi. It shows up everywhere. A planet of holes.
Frezak (GM): Sounds like a kid so far.
Amadi: Sarathi! Yes, there would be holes...
Apheori (GM): She looks adult, but not any particular age.
Aziraphale: You mean this isn't Sarathi?
Gaurav: She referred to Hazz'ridan in a way that suggests that she is pally with gods. She might be one herself.
Amadi: This isn't Sarathi! Less holes.
Radek: Oh, marvelous.
The Gravedigger: And the sky isn't giving us looks, either.
Radek: Where is this, then?
Amadi: This, is... uh...
The Gravedigger: And no fish.
you noticed that, guys? No fish!
Just a ... mutant bird thing.
Rhu: A hole less present is one I am grateful for, except for the carefully engineered holes that my friend The Gravedigger here constructs for us.
Oh man, yes! Zero fish is the right number of fish.
The Gravedigger: Thanks, Rhu.
I take it back.
You're okay.
DAMMIT.
I should have buried the fish.
Sorry, giant fish.
Amadi looks everything over again, looks hesitant for a bit, then shrugs and announces proudly that "This, my friends - or demons - or whatevers - is Arling Tor!"
Gaurav: Didn't the giant fish vanish of its own accord? Or were there other giant fish I missed?
Frezak (GM): It vanished?
Well if it did then he forgot >.>
Bear Soup Guy: I think we were all just too insane at the time to know whether it was there or not
Apheori (GM): Maybe.
Gaurav: Oh, no, my bad -- from the logs: ""The fish you saw before is now completely rotted, as though it had been sitting out for days, perhaps weeks. There is a horrible, partly dry puddle around it."
Ganelon: Anyone here know what that is?
Gaurav: alas, poor fish.
rolling 1d20+2 history check to see if I know anything about Arling Tor
(
16
)
+2
=
18
Greibel: Arling Tor!
Apheori (GM): Arling Tor? Nope.
Gaurav: It's probably one of the lesser Tors.
Frezak (GM): It's a Torlet.
Gaurav: Anybody else want to have a go at remembering what Arling Tor is, or should I ask Amadi?
Greibel: (to Amadi) So you guys don't know stuff about space travel and other planets and stuff per chance, do you?
Frezak (GM): I wouldn't bother.
We've been told our history is pointless.
Amadi looks at the villager guy and mutters, "I sort of doubt they're demons. They don't smell very demonic to me. More... dirty."
The Gravedigger: It's the price to pay for hole science.
Greibel poses proudly at the mention of dirtiness
Frezak (GM): HAH
Villager asks Amadi what they are.
Rhu: We have had encounters with fish, my lady.
It was old fish.
The Gravedigger: Except when it wasn't.
Greibel: Older afterwards
Amadi: Planets? Space? Uh. It's... out there, mostly? I'm sorry, there was a hole, I... I think it maybe got stuck in here.
Amadi gestures first at the sky and then bonks her head.
Ganelon: Here's something I should have asked almost immediately. What race(s) are these people?
The Gravedigger: A hole in your head?
As a hole expert, that does not sound great.
Villager: They're human, Amadi is an elf, and you look really weird to them.
Frezak (GM): I assumed 'human'.
Villager: Oops.
Greibel: Maybe holes work different here
Greibel shrugs
Apheori (GM): THAT.
Frezak (GM): Thanks, villager!
Apheori (GM): SORRY.
Ganelon: Well, I imagine Radek and Gravy would look weird to anyone right now.
Gaurav: hahaha
Radek: Hold on.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Frezak (GM): Well, Gravy doesn't look weird to you guys.
Radek: You don't know anything about space-faring technology. Does *anyone*?
Apheori (GM): Well, they know what he is.
(To Amadi): You know quite a bit, though what you share is up to you. If you even realise you know it.
(To Amadi): Sorry, I'll stop throwing stuff at you now.
Amadi sticks her lip out in a pout. "I didn't say I didn't know things, I said it might be stuck in a hole! I totally know space-travel and technology and stuff."
Apheori (GM): Priestly people! You could try praying for help, you know.
Rhu: Sandwich lady: I'm afraid none of us have ever heard of Arling Tor. Can you tell us more? Where is this planet?
(From Amadi): Having stuff thrown is good.
(To Amadi): Okay.
Ganelon: I mean, I look like a 1950's interpretation of space-faring life. Sleek, metallic, and devoid of a realistic propulsion system.
(To Amadi): The planet is in arling tor.
Frezak (GM): Sleek?
Aziraphale says a prayer to Carriya
Frezak (GM): I picture withered old man.
Apheori (GM): Gan: XD
Amadi: Arling Tor is in Arling Tor. Duh,
Gaurav: I don't know that I can pray for help, apart from doing a Religion Check, which is more fore information on a particular god I think. Plus, I fear Hazz'ridan would disapprove of people asking for help. He seems the walk-the-path-of-lifeuntil-you-reach-the-dead-end-alone kind of guy.
Ganelon: Now spray-paint that man chrome, Frezak.
The Gravedigger: How do you know these people's languages?
Ganelon: Now it's from the '50s. And space.
Apheori (GM): You can pray for whatever you want.
The Gravedigger: Don't suppose it's in a book or something?
Apheori (GM): But... yeah, whether the god will answer is another matter.
Ellemerr: You might have noticed that you understand her as well as they do. She's not actually speaking their language. I think. As far as you can hear.
Amadi shrugs. "I like words."
Frezak (GM): I'm still asking :p
Huh.
Ganelon: http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/12635000/12635454_fd5f_1024x2000.jpg
Like this.
This is what your science person is covered in.
Along with dirt, blood, and maybe some glass shards.
Gaurav: Rhu is also going to hold off on praying since the last three things he wanted -- a spacecraft that worked, a planet that didn't keep vanishing, and fewer fish -- have been given to him, and he doesn't want to push it.
Ellemerr: Fancy
Frezak (GM): HAH
Gaurav: Ellemerr: damn! we should have noticed that
Bear Soup Guy: Radek isn't half as attractive though :P
Ganelon: I don't know what you're talking about. Ladies love the beard.
Ellemerr: Especially since the villagers actually spoke a language and everything... yes you should xD
Rhu: Sandwich lady: you ... wouldn't know the way to the nearest city, would you?
Amadi: I would!
Rhu: Where are you headed? Can we give you a ride?
Greibel: Ooo, is it Sandwich City?
Wen: I pray to Carriya for some direction on what to do next.
Gaurav imagines a "New York, New York" type musical number for Sandwich City
Wen: that's what religion is for? isn't it? so you don't have to be personally responsible for your decision >.>
(okay I'm just being a dick, ignore me)
(To Amadi): Deralon is to the east. Large trading hub, but hit hard by the cataclysm.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Yes.
Ganelon: Religion is mostly to know about religions and perform godly rituals.
Gaurav: In my last D&D game, we got a scroll which conveniently pointed us in the right direction when we got lost. Handy!
Amadi: I am headed to... Midnight, maybe. Or tea-time. I wouldn't mind a ride, I guess. Or company. I've missed company.
Ganelon: Prayer counts as the latter, though it doesn't necessarily do anything.
Apheori (GM): Wen: You get nothing.
Wen: that was snarking about how some christians practice their religion (or buddhists or whatever)
Just as I expected.
The Gravedigger: Where have you been?
Rhu: Is Midnight a city on this planet? I don't think our car is capable of space travel, but maybe you could get a ship to Midnight when we get to the nearest city?
(To Amadi): Heeee.
Radek: Right now, a way to re-establish communications would be ideal.
Amadi: .... Noooo, midnight is not a city. It's a time. You know time, right? And I've been here and there. Not for a while, though. I think. There was a hole. I remember morning, but it wasn't anything to write home about.
The Gravedigger is confuddled.
Apheori (GM): In the meantime, the villagers seem to have decided you all don't mean harm. Some are still watching, and others go about their business... watching.
Frezak (GM): ALWAYS WATCHING
Rhu: I fear our morning has been nothing if not memorable.
Aziraphale: in a bad way.
Apheori (GM): The man who'd tried to greet you goes back to his porch as well.
Aziraphale mutters darkly
Amadi: Oh, can we trade?
Frezak (GM): I'll give him the rest of the bottle and pat him on the back.
Gaurav: Do we have anything else we want to do in this village, or should we jet out for the nearest city? I want to get back into radio contact with headquarters and figure out if we're still getting paid given that we're no longer in the planet we were sent to investigate.
Radek: Trade what?
Apheori (GM): He gasps for breath as a result of the pat, but takes the bottle.
Amadi: Mornings!
Gaurav: We still have a box of fertilizer to trade with them if anybody's interested in, I dunno, village handicrafts or something.
Aziraphale: The last city we tried to land at didn't get well
Radek: I'm afraid our morning could be considered damaged goods.
As in, dimensionally damaged.
The Gravedigger: It had fish in it.
Greibel: Speak for yourselves, dudes
I found a perfectly good bong
The Gravedigger: And undead chickens.
Aziraphale: Fair point.
The Gravedigger: But it's evening now, Greibel.
Greibel: Oh, right
The Gravedigger: That's an Evening Bong.
Greibel smiles widely
Greibel: It sure is!
The Gravedigger: You had paint this morning.
Aziraphale: Oh, say, Amadi, do you know why we saw deformed birds and shiny things and sinkholes some way away from here?
Rhu: It is indeed evening, and I'd like to be somewhere with decent food, a clean bed and possibly television before nightfall, hopefully with some news on whether I still get paid or not.
Greibel: At least the paint was a cool color
Same as the bong, really
Amadi: Oh, hah. You really are funny, mister. I see why Hazz would like you.
Frezak (GM): I'll take this time to get my shield and shovel back from the car.
Rhu: (to Greibel) The cat goddess -- Lokshmi? -- was pretty cool, too. (to Amadi) Do you know of Lokshmi?
(From Amadi): I need info to answer Azir! *flail* Unless you want me to talk gibberish at him, because that's always an option.
Greibel: Oh yeah, Lokshmi, groovy chick
Amadi: Oh, sure.
The Gravedigger: Uh, gods.
Come, Greibel.
Let us search for drugs.
(To Amadi): There was a cataclysm. Bad things. New. Shouldn't be happening, except it has always been happening, but it only started with the blue-eyed gal. Rhi. Sarathi. The world's end, but it already ended and it didn't yet and that is why there are now cats.
(To Amadi): You can use any of that.
Greibel: Oh right on!
Greibel tags along
Frezak (GM): THE HUNT FOR DRUG PLANTS BEGINS.
Greibel: Hi-ho, hi-ho
(To Amadi): Lokshmi is a demonic kitty.
Greibel: It's off to drugs we go
Frezak (GM): I'm an enabler and I don't care.
Gaurav whistles along
Radek sighs deeply.
The Gravedigger: ~~And all the boys come to my drug yard.~~
Wen mutters
Apheori (GM): o_O
Gaurav: Should we maybe set up camp here, and, I don't know, chat with Amadi late into the night mayhaps?
Amadi chews her lip and turns to Azir. "Well, uh... that would probably be the cataclysm. It keeps happening although it shouldn't and is completely new and it was that gal with the blue eyes who started it all and now there are cats.
Aziraphale mutters too
Bear Soup Guy: XD XD
Aziraphale: Gal with blue eyes?
cats?
Lokshimi?
she's behind this?
Wen: lokshmi? lokshimi?
Amadi: Yes. Uhm, no. I dunno. Cataclysm. 'S real bad.
Frezak (GM): Lokshimi sounds like a fish dish.
(To Ellemerr): Ahahahahah they think Lokshmi is behind it...
Wen: Lokshmi sounds like a malicious goddess
(From Amadi): Does Lokshmi even have blue eyes? O_o
(To Amadi): The blue-eyed gal was Rhi. She's... something else. Keeps appearing out of Sarathis and destroying universes.
(To Amadi): Lokshmi has green eyes, apparently.
Rhu: All cats are malicious, wonderfully so.
(From Amadi): I gathered as much, it was more, does they have the faintest reason to suggest Lokshmi. I'm not going to correct them because funs.
(To Amadi): Shiny.
Aziraphale: I'm not a fan, regardless. If she's behind this, look what position she put us in.
Wen: if Guarav needs to go, maybe we should stop? or just have him tag along again?
Gaurav: 3:15am guys. I should go, but next week I should be back in the US, weather and immigration allowing, so I might be able to stay for longer.
DM: I guess now that we have another divine character in the party, I am less immediately important?
Amadi: Honestly, if you were on Sarathi you can't really blame anyone.
Gaurav: Wen: heh, nice timing on that reminder.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: No, you're both important now.
Radek: Does that mean you know what happened to the planet?
Gaurav: Gulp.
Amadi: Besides, Lokshmi's eyes -
Amadi falls suddenly and unexplainably asleep.
Amadi snores loudly, once, and then disappears as though she were never there.
Aziraphale: O_O
Frezak (GM): Great.
WAIT FOR MIDNIGHT.
Wen: uhhh, so, do we stop? or keep going?
(From Amadi): Because I should sleep. :P
(To Amadi): Heh.
Rhu looks around slightly panickily to make sure that nothing else is vanishing
Wen: ooh clever. yes. When's midnight?
Frezak (GM): Later?
(From Amadi): And the game should stop to let others sleep.
Frezak (GM): >.>
(To Amadi): Quite.
Wen: /me pokes the DM
Ganelon: ARE we going to stop, or what?
Apheori (GM): We probably should.
Rhu: Has the sun moved at all since we got to Arling Tor?
Apheori (GM): This way we're all here to figure out a time.
Gaurav: Yes that is wise
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It went down.
It's now night.
Ellemerr: Well that was fun. Except there are way too many of you people. You're just everywhere. So many.
Ganelon: I am hoping to be busy tomorrow.
So that would be an unsuitable time for me.
Apheori (GM): Gaurave: When next can you?
Wen: I have class before I can do after 4PM UTC on Tue / Thur, after 6:30PM UTC on MWF and pretty much any sane time on weekends.
Aziraphale: err, - "I have class before"
Wen: dammit
Gaurav: I'm going to be flying through to Wednesday evening, but I might be able to do Thursday before evening CT (jet lag allowing) and I can probably do Friday before evening CT.
Saturday through Monday are tricky for me this week, since I have a lot of work to catch up on after the holidays, but once that's over I can commit to a weekly time slot.
sorry. my time slots are always the weirdest.
Bear Soup Guy: I don't have anything planned for this week at the moment, although I'm probably gonna try to do some things around the house and some other odds and ends most of the weekdays
Gaurav: How does this time (1800 GMT) Friday work for everybody?
Frezak (GM): I think Gan is busy on fridays?
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE
Apheori (GM): Wen's classes are problematic, but we could kill off his character in a blaze of horror.
Frezak (GM): I WARNED YOUUUU
Wen: :D
I mean
>.>
Apheori (GM): See?
We could!
Wen: if you're going to do it, find a convenient point
Apheori (GM): Pity, though. I like his character.
Frezak (GM): THE ORACULAR SLUG SPOKE
AND YOU DID NOT LISTEN.
Wen: I can still keep up for a week or two, I think.
Bear Soup Guy: A God brought him to us, maybe a God brings him back later
Ellemerr: This is why I have a poof-in-poof-out character. Who is obsessed with time. It just... fits.
I'll be gone till the month ends, as you know.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, clever
Wen: or you could just kill me off in the way characters die in H2G2
i.e. cheerful irreverence. Guy died in a mysterious blender accident. It was quite tragic and took two weeks to clean up.
Gaurav: what if it was a self-cleaning blender?
Wen: that might just have been it.
Frezak (GM): SCIENCE
Apheori (GM): So Gan can't do fridays?
Frezak (GM): I'm not sure.
Bear Soup Guy: This Friday is most likely bad for me too
Gaurav: What about Saturday? Not this Saturday, because I'm flying again, but I can make myself free most Saturdays I think.
Wen: the wind. oh man the wind.
Gaurav: most Saturdays -> this month/semester, I mean
Bear Soup Guy: Saturdays if we start sometime around the time we've been starting, I can do
Usually I'm busy during the later hours
Frezak (GM): I can do saturdays.
Wen: likewise, minus some trips to the laundry room.
Apheori (GM): Saturdays work for me.
Frezak (GM): At least this month.
Wen: so saturday next week seems to be fine for everyone? anything before then?
Apheori (GM): Don't suppose we could all do next monday in the meantime...
Bear Soup Guy: Next monday looks fine for me at the moment
Ganelon: Sorry, I stepped out.
Fridays and Sundays, I'm busy with other D&D stuff.
Any other day or time is pretty much okay.
Wen: I could. But starting at 20 or 30 past would make it easier for me to get lunch. Or you could just start playing and I'll tag along and show up when I do.
the latter's probably easier really. Less pressure for me too >.>
so next monday at the same time...?
Apheori (GM): So monday next week, and after that we can try to do saturdays as a regular thing?
Wen: sounds fine to me for now.
Ganelon: Sure.
Bear Soup Guy: Sounds good to me
Gaurav: Any chance we can do Monday after working hours? I feel like it'd be a bad idea to show up late for work on my first working day back in school :-/
Wen: what's working hours for you?
Gaurav: after 5pm MT? I usually keep working after that, but nobody else is in lab so I can slack off for a bit possibly.
Also: how does Tuesday 1800 GMT work for people? Because that's right between two classes for me.
Otherwise, forget it, I'll write down Monday 1800 GMT in my calendar and try my darndest to be there
Wen: I can do that.
Ganelon: If it's tomorrow? Nah.
Frezak (GM): sure
Wen: tuesday 1800 that is
Ganelon: Otherwise, probably.
Gaurav: next week Tuesday
instead of next week Monday
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah I can do that
Gaurav: oooh
Wen: okay, so that?
Gaurav: DM?
Apheori (GM): Works for me.
Wen: well, that, then.
Gaurav: Yay!
Wen: sweet dreams Gaurav.
sorry for keeping you up
Gaurav: So Tuesday 14th January 1800 GMT and then Saturday 18 January recurring
awesome
no no this is fun! this is a good reason to be up late.
and I can sleep on the plane the day after tomorrow
bye everybody! see you next Tuesday!
Bear Soup Guy: Adios!
Ganelon: See ya.
Apheori (GM): Whoo!
Ellemerr: Sweet nightmares, y'all. I really need that sleep too...
Frezak (GM): Hrmph.

Session 5

Apheori (GM): Cows.
Wild ones.
Frezak (GM): Wild cows?
Wild mutant cows?
Bhramins?
Gaurav: Yes?
Ganelon: I see six names. We should be good to go.
Apheori (GM): HI.
OKAY.
LET'S PLAY.
Gaurav: When last we left our weary band, Amadi had vanished into thin air.
Apheori (GM): So basically y'all are in this village. There's dust everywhere, everything's really dry and messed up, and there was something about a cataclysm. This weird elf girl appeared and disappeared and chattered weirdly about time. It's nigh time, some of you are still in the car, some out. And y'all are tired.
It's been a long... span of time.
Frezak (GM): And we don't speak the same language as the willagers.
Great.
Rhu: I think we should sleep somewhere -- the village if we can convince the villagers, otherwise set up camp somewhere. I don't like the idea of wandering around after dark.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Ganelon: But they probably don't think you and I are demons anymore, at least.
The Gravedigger: Go make... gestures, then.
Aziraphale: Can't we sleep in the car?
Gaurav: Is it dark enough to see the stars?
Aziraphale: It should offer some protection.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, there be stars.
Gaurav: Can somebody with a good History check see if they recognize any constellations or anything? Mine is +2.
Or maybe that's a Nature check?
Ganelon: I should still have a stick.
And I think I'm on the ground rather than in the car, along with Gravy.
Apheori (GM): I think it's probably history.
Ganelon: That sound right to you folks?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
The Gravedigger: A stick?
Frezak (GM): OOC
What stick?
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You can roll to recognise them.
Ganelon: Just a stick.
Which you gave me for communicative purposes, that I will now use as intended.
I wish to draw a picture of a bed in the dirt.
Bear Soup Guy: OKAY
I'M READY
Apheori (GM): The villager is sitting on his porch. Get him to come over.
Rhu sits in the car, looking up at the stars.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+2 history check to recognize constellations or whatnot
(
15
)
+2
=
17
Apheori (GM): Bear Soup Guy: Great.
Radek: Hey, uncultured rube!
Radek beckons at the villager.
Wen: Snrk.
Apheori (GM): Rhu sees a bunch of constellations. One of them looks like a large blob.
The villager waves to Radek.
Ganelon: He doesn't respond to beckoning hand-motions?
Wen: Do we recognise the constellations?
I mean, seeing that one looks like a blob isn't very useful
Ganelon: Also, I hope you guys enjoy or are at least indifferent to the grumpiness.
Apheori (GM): You don't recognise them, but you're not really familiar with the angle, necessarily, either.
Azir would be more likely to recognise one, maybe.
Gan: He responded. He just may not have gotten the point.
Ganelon: HMPH!
Radek: Unbelievable...
Frezak (GM): Poor rubes.
Wen: But we're not on Sarathi..
Ganelon: Okay, I'll approach HIM, then.
Rhu: Azir, look at those constellations! That one looks like a blob.
Apheori (GM): Wen: That would be a good reason to not even try.
Aziraphale tries anyway
Aziraphale looks at the sky
Ganelon: And draw another bed in the dirt.
Gaurav: Re: sleeping in the car, I imagine it looks something like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j6yK-6T8H_A/TY-FqtX1LLI/AAAAAAAABIY/Th41SIbF650/s320/Bob%252527s_Car.jpg so I don't think it'd be very comfy
Villager stands as the strange shiny man approaches.
Villager looks at the bed drawing.
Wen: we can pull up the cover thingy
Rhu: D'you know what, maybe if we pitch tent in their village square they'll get the message and invite us in. Or at least get us warm food in the morning.
Aziraphale: I think that's sound. Or at the entrance. I'm not fond of the idea of being surrounded by them.
Villager says something and points toward one of the houses down the road.
Radek turns back towards the car.
Radek: Unless these people are too backwards to understand symbolism, I may have found us sleeping quarters!
Rhu: Do you think they'll worry if we brought our weapons in? I agree with Azir, sleeping surrounded by strange villagers sounds like a bad idea.
The Gravedigger: Nothing is going to make me part with my shovels. And the spades. And the trowel.
Aziraphale: I think we can take our weapons. They aren't likely to recognise them.
Just don't point them at the people.
Frezak (GM): What about your SWORD?
Greibel: What about the bong, man?
The Gravedigger: Of course you can keep the bong.
Aziraphale: I'm taking my sword.
Radek: I've no intentions of sleeping anyways.
Aziraphale: Sheathed.
Radek: I have work to do.
Rhu conceals my maul under my cloak as best I can.
Wen: All work and no sleep makes Radek a grumpy bastard. :P
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): That's natural talent, man.
Ganelon: He's got so much to do.
Wen: so it is.
Frezak (GM): TO THE INDICATED BUILDING
Rhu puts on the parking brake of the car and takes care not to lock himself out as he leaves.
Wen: TO THE BUILDING.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Wen: is the car strong enough to withstand possible tampering by the villies?
Ganelon: Making a single flask of Alchemist's Fire takes a half-hour.
He really could stay up all night working.
Apheori (GM): Also, I should point out that you all don't necessarily have sleeping patterns like humans (or possibly at all, in Radek's case), but the... events of the past while were a bit... tiresome.
Or something.
Ganelon: WHO NEEDS TO EAT?
OR SLEEP?
OR HAVE MANNERS?
Apheori (GM): Manners?
Ganelon: NOT *THIS* GUY!
Apheori (GM): Right, so you all are outside the building. Do you go in?
Do you send one person in?
Do you panic?
Frezak (GM): GRAVY GOES IN
Apheori (GM): Do you stare at your bong?
Ganelon: Well, I'm going in at least.
Rhu considers panicking, then decides against it.
Ganelon: The two weirdest ones can walk in side-by-side.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: roll perception.
Gaurav: We might want to come up with a standard order to walk around in. For encounter reasons.
Wen: I cautiously stand outside and watch for approaching villagers.
Bear Soup Guy: We might have to fight some bed bugs
Frezak (GM): I HAVE SKILLS SOMEWHERE
Ganelon: That's an easy one, Gaurav.
Frezak (GM): I SWEAR
*rummages*
Apheori (GM): Itś 8.
Ganelon: Gravy in front, then Azir, Rhu, myself, and Greibel.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
2
)
+8
=
10
Apheori (GM): Roll.
Frezak (GM): gah
Apheori (GM): Gravy bangs his head on the ceiling, which is too short for him to fully stand.
Frezak (GM): STUPID DOOR
I WILL BURY YOU
Ganelon: We're all fairly tough to kill, but Rhu and I are the easiest by far.
So we take the middle.
Gaurav: Perfect.
Rhu walks in after Gravy.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You realise you're in some kind of bar or something. Several villagers are around at tables and standing with drinks.
Frezak (GM): I'd take more than a goblin-mounted trebuchet to kill Gravy.
Gaurav: Is everybody standing?
Frezak (GM): Shit.
We don't have money, do we?
Apheori (GM): Some are, some aren't. The barkeep is standing behind the counter.
Ganelon: *That* was certainly not what killed Lhoryn.
Apheori (GM): Probably not.
Ganelon: We don't likely have anything these people would consider money.
We'll need something to offer as trade.
Actually wait.
Bear Soup Guy: WE SHALL PAY WITH ROCKS
Apheori (GM): Azir has a pile of treasure.
Ganelon: I DO have a "small pile of unknown currency".
Apheori (GM): Greibel has a pocket full of fanged peas.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Frezak (GM): I have booze.
Wen: yeah, I have coins.
Rhu: ... we do have a package of fertilizer in the car.
Frezak (GM): I could just pop a flare in here and go crayzay.
Wen: I don't recommend it
Gaurav: ...
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Gaurav: Pop it. POP IT.
Frezak (GM): WOOOOO I'M A DEEEEMOOOOON
Apheori (GM): Is that what you do?
Frezak (GM): Not yet.
Azir has treasure?
I veaguely remember something about that.
Apheori (GM): Well, everyone's watching you as you hunch over slightly.
Apparently you dented the ceiling with your horn.
Wen: I have coins.
Frezak (GM): I'll wave.
Wen: But do we want to get drunk?
I don't think that's the best idea. >_>
Greibel: Don't get uptight man, they're just jealous cause they're short
Apheori (GM): One of them waves back.
Frezak (GM): MAN WITH MONEY
Apheori (GM): They chatter a bit amongst themselves.
Frezak (GM): GO FORTH
Wen: There's also the possibility that as strange, potentially dangerous people, they'd want to be nice to us.
Frezak (GM): AND SPEND
Apheori (GM): The barkeep crosses her arms and looks at you two irritatedly.
How many of you entered?
Frezak (GM): Only a total bastard would be mean to Gravy.
So, Radek.
Radek: Not a lot of uneca in these parts, I take it.
Wen: I'm not in it yet
Gaurav: I wonder if we could charge people to have their photo taken with Gravy or something.
Ganelon: I'm mean to everyone.
Gaurav: Rhu is inside.
Ganelon: My age entitles me to it.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Bear Soup Guy: I guess Greibel's in now
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So Azir is standing guard outside. Don't forget him, guys.
Ganelon: Az-who?
Gaurav: What's the lingua franca of this universe again? Is it English? Common?
Frezak (GM): So hes treasure, then?
*he has?
Apheori (GM): iera
Ganelon: If there are multiple languages I'm pretty sure we haven't discussed them at length.
Frezak (GM): From... somwehre that I don't remember?
WHO HAS MONEY
Apheori (GM): That's the common variant.
Wen: I have money. But do you want to spend it here?
Frezak (GM): Well, we're not getting free beds.
Wen: (mmm, an irritable hoarder)
Gaurav: Wait, aren't they a commune? Would _they_ have money? Or maybe the bar is, like, for visitors only?
Ganelon: We found coins on Sarathi.
We don't even know if they're valuable here.
Wen: I give Gravy 10 coins.
Rhu: (to the closest villager to us) Excuse me, do you speak Iera?
Apheori (GM): One of the fanged peas gets out of Greibel's pocket and bounces across the floor.
Ganelon: Then again, these guys don't know that they aren't valuable to US.
Greibel: Woah little dude
Greibel clumsily tries to chase down the fanged pea
Apheori (GM): Roll something with dexterity.
Rhu: The villager says 'Vokri sos."
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+0
(
13
)
+0
=
13
Apheori (GM): Oh.
You fail to grab the pea before it bounces into a villager's lap.
He picks it up and eyes it uncertainly.
Rhu wanders around the room asking everybody who isn't scary, "Excuse me, but do you speak Iera?"
Apheori (GM): It chitters at him.
Greibel tries to act innocent
Apheori (GM): The villager holds out the pea to give it back.
Rhu: People look at you blankly, say some things, etc.
Ganelon: Helpful folks, these willagers.
Greibel: Thanks, village guy
Greibel takes back the fanged pea and puts it in his pocket
Apheori (GM): Then a rather large guy you didn't approach stands up and bangs his head on the ceiling.
Frezak (GM): I'll take the money from Azir and head up to the barladywomanperson
Greibel: You be good, little guy. You're a long way from home.
Gaurav: Greibel: maybe let him have it as a gift? Unless we're short on peas.
Radek: Ah, we have another giant. Go communicate with him by flexing, Gravedigger.
Apheori (GM): The large villager promptly sits down again and everyone else starts laughing.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, surely
Apheori (GM): The barlady person eyes Gravy.
Greibel holds the fanged pea out to the villager in a show of good faith
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna put the coins on the counter and make... sleeping gestures?
Apheori (GM): "Dena, se?" She says, and points to the group.
Then she holds up four fingers.
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna hold up five.
Since Azir is outside.
And gesture vaguely at the door.
Apheori (GM): She nods, plucks a coin out of your hand, and points to the stairs.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
I'll give her a bright smile.
Gaurav: Just one coin? That's an honest person.
Wen: I go inside on seeing the exchange
The Gravedigger: hey, guys! Go get Azir.
I got us beds. Or something.
Apheori (GM): She looks started and takes an involuntary step backwards.
Ganelon: HAPPY DEMON.
Frezak (GM): Startled at the smile?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): Bah.
This makes him sad.
Apheori (GM): You're huge and you have huge teeth. >.>
Wen: GM: it takes 1 out of the 100 coins I took, out of the 500 we found, for beds for five people?
That's... affordable.
Apheori (GM): Apparently.
Frezak (GM): I have huge teeth?
Well typically a room in 4E is about two silver.
Apheori (GM): Maybe not huge for you, but your entire head is huge.
Frezak (GM): One gold for five beds is fair.
Rhu: Gravy: I think that tall guy there might have been trying to say something to us. You should talk to him, giant to giant.
Frezak (GM): Is said tall guy looking at us?
Apheori (GM): He's glowering at his mug.
Rhu looks the tall guy up and down to see if I can figure out anything about him.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Apheori (GM): He's large.
He's muscular.
He's not very happy.
He doesn't look very smart, either.
He might have giant blood in him.
If giants are a thing here.
Frezak (GM): Eh.
Apheori (GM): But you get the idea they might be.
Ganelon: Is it the emptiness in his mug or the emptiness in his soul which is causing him unhappiness?
Frezak (GM): I'm not gonna care about him.
He has no shovel.
Wen: hahaha
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna go upstairs.
Gaurav: He might have one at home?
Apheori (GM): Upstairs!
There are three rooms.
Ganelon: Works for me!
Apheori (GM): They each have a bed which should be large enough for two people.
Except for gravy.
Bear Soup Guy: Convenient
Frezak (GM): DAMMIT
Aziraphale: So Gravy takes a room and I bunk with.. someone.
Radek: Are any of you particularly sensitive to acidic fu- no, never mind. Pointless question.
Apheori (GM): Gravy can take one and have his legs hang off the end.
Frezak (GM): Dammit.
Aziraphale: I bunk with Rhu.
Radek: Greibel can have a bed to himself if I can use the same room.
Frezak (GM): I'll put my legs in my bedroll.
Greibel: Yeah, no problem here
Ganelon: Time to get out MY TOOLS.
Rhu lies down and is asleep before he closes his eyes. His eyes remain oddly open for a few minutes before closing of their own accord.
Greibel gets out his smoking tool before bed
Aziraphale sleeps fitfully
Ganelon: There is, at least, space aside from a bed in these rooms?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): I will check over my shovels and gear before going to bed.
Radek does SCIENCE!
Apheori (GM): Each has a bed, a chair, and enough empty space for an old man to do science.
Ganelon: Marvelous.
Apheori (GM): Also didn't you mention something about a possible ritual to understand people?
Bear Soup Guy: Convenient!
Ganelon: I did!
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Your shovels are birlliant.
Ganelon: But I can do that in the morning. It doesn't take long to cast and lasts 24 hours.
Apheori (GM): Your gear is dirty.
Frezak (GM): I'll try and clean my stuff as much as I can before sleeping.
Ganelon: My only concern is that it requires magic stuffs, of which I have a currently small supply.
Apheori (GM): Gravy uses the fork to scrape the fertiliser off everything else.
Gan: You might be able to use fertiliser.
Bear Soup Guy: Good for explosives and SCIENCE!
Ganelon: Oh, I intend to.
Gaurav: Is that our fertilizer from the car? Or is this fertilizer that was already in the room? Like, complimentary fertilizer?
Ganelon: With these computer parts and some fertilizer, I shall create five bombs.
Apheori (GM): That was the fertilser Gravy picked up at some point and wound up in the car, I think.
Bahahah, excellent.
Ganelon: They are somewhat unstable time bombs that rattle across the floor and sometimes detonate prematurely.
(I love Artificers)
Apheori (GM): Can they detonate in your bag?
Aziraphale is still sleeping fitfully
Ganelon: No, they have to be set to explode first. The issue is with the timer.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Ganelon: Not that I would recommend tossing them around. That might cause them to become active.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Gravy: Do either of you do anything else, or just sleep?
Gaurav: ... what are the computer parts for?
Bear Soup Guy: I get really stoned and then I go to sleep
Gaurav: How long does it take Griebel to get really stoned?
Frezak (GM): Nah, I'll sleep.
Greibel is always stoned.
Bear Soup Guy: ten or fifteen minutes probably
Ganelon: If I were a good enough artificer to make time bombs out of nothing but fertilizer, I'd have built us a new ship to leave this planet already.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Ganelon: Anyways, I'll also make something out of this dragon gunk.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll to see if the fumes from Greibel's getting stoned affect you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you're fine.
Ganelon: Phew.
Bear Soup Guy: bummer
Ganelon: I'll also make two vials of Alchemist's Fire and a Woundpatch (it's like a band-aid).
Apheori (GM): Now do the fumes from Radek's stuff affect Greibel?
Ganelon: From dragon... substances.
Apheori (GM): We may never know.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: Oh, right.
And I want to do tests on this stuff I'm covered in now that we have the time.
That will be all, though.
Apheori (GM): What sorts of tests?
Ganelon: Hm...
Well, I don't want it to go away.
So tests to see if it can be replicated or... maintained.
Apheori (GM): Well, you find you can push it around a bit - get it to get thinner or thicker... how would you try to replicate it?
Or should you just roll a SCIENCE for that?
Ganelon: I haven't the foggiest idea.
I don't even know what this stuff is. Maybe that would be a good start.
Since it came from... me going a little crazy and walking through a wall.
Bear Soup Guy: Spell of spectral analysis
Gaurav: You could do a perception check and see if any of its properties remind you of anything else.
Ganelon: Well, I'll give you a roll for that.
Gaurav: (I say that because you get a +1 on perception if you're within 5 squares of me)
Apheori (GM): It goes through walls? Even when you're asleep?
Bear Soup Guy: He's VERY vigilant
Ganelon: My science is better anyways.
Science:
rolling 1d20+10
(
10
)
+10
=
20
Apheori (GM): It's definitely magical. It appears to have properties related to time and non-existence, but as for what it actually is, you have no idea.
It also appears to not, technically, strictly speaking, actually be there.
But it's more than enough there to... be there.
Ganelon: I'll keep studying it at later opportunities.
For now I'll just take a sample which is not sticking to my person, if possible.
Apheori (GM): The sample disappears when you detach it.
Gaurav: Huh.
Ganelon: Interesting.
Apheori (GM): AND NOW IT'S MORNING.
Ganelon: Yes, that was all I needed to do.
Gaurav: Did you get any of that stuff somewhere that you can remove, like a glove or weapon?
Apheori (GM): Well, everyone but Azir is probably still asleep.
And no, it's just on him - and attached to him.
Rhu opens an eye, groans, then closes it again.
Apheori (GM): On his clothes and stuff.
You could try taking a bit off, though.
Wen: wait, what happened to me o_O
Apheori (GM): You just woke up. You're fine.
But awake.
Wen: Oh.
Aziraphale nudges Rhu
Apheori (GM): Unless... you're NOT FINE?!
Ganelon gasps.
Apheori (GM): I kid.
Ganelon: He's gone coarse!
Rhu groans and gets up.
Wen: Good. A sanity roll would be a terrible way to start the day. >_>
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Oh, wen, rob, d20s.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Wen: /me groans
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Apheori (GM): Rob: You want waffles.
Azir: You want pancakes.
Wen: Stroopwafels!
Greibel: Waffle time!
Ganelon: I actually know what those are!
Wen: NO I OVERRIDE THIS EVERYONE WANTS STROOPWAFFELS
Ganelon: But they'd make a pretty poor breakfast, no?
Wen: >_>
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Wen: Why? A stroopwaffel on a mug of tea...
Sounds pretty brilliant to me. But I want pancakes.
Apheori (GM): EVERYONE BUT GRAVY: You're awake and you can hear gravy's snores.
Bear Soup Guy: now I want an IRL cup of tea
Wen: (Seriously. They're _much_ better melted than if you just tried to eat it)
Aziraphale goes knock on Gravy's door
Gaurav: Oh great, now I want stroopwaffels :(
Ganelon: I suppose I'll just open the door and flood the entire hallway in toxic and/or intoxicating fumes.
Bear Soup Guy: Good idea
Rhu: Maybe we can ring him on these earpiece things? /me points at his ear
Radek: I made some bombs.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Also your ritual.
Apheori (GM) is getting mighty tired of this lack of comprehension.
Ganelon: Sorry.
Comprehend Language takes 10 minutes to perform.
Apheori (GM): A bloody dead end, is what it is.
Ganelon: So I suppose I could just shove Greibel out of the room and start doing that.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Are you... strong enough?
To do that.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel is groggy enough
Ganelon: 8 strength? Oh, most certainly not if he's resisting.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel's a pacifist. Except when fighting mutant chickens and other oddities.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Rhu, Azir: So you're all in the hall outside Gravy's room...
Aziraphale: I knocked.
Ganelon: You can probably hear the ritual happening.
Since it involves magic words and all that hogwash.
Apheori (GM): Knocking did nothing.
Aziraphale: I open the door and step inside cautiously
Apheori (GM): You see a sleeping Gravedigger on the floor hugging his shovels.
Rhu shakes his head.
Aziraphale: I kick him lightly.
Greibel: Awwwww
Frezak (GM): How lightly?
Aziraphale: Enough to displace the body part I kicked by about 5cm, not enough to hurt, or at least significantly.
The Gravedigger: Fzzgl?
Wstfgl!
Gnuuur.
Oh. Hey.
Wen: do any of us have toothnbrushes? >_>
Apheori (GM): Whether you do or not is up to you.
The others probably do in their... kit thingies.
Frezak (GM): I totes have all the adventurer things.
Wen: Okay, so I try to find the washroom.
Apheori (GM): There's a pitcher at the end of the hall.
Ganelon: I don't know if I even have real teeth.
Wen: I splash some water on my face, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of water.
presentability += 100!
Greibel goes through the morning drug ritual
Ganelon: I feel like Radek would have replaced his teeth with rotating sawblades if he still ate things.
Frezak (GM): I will check my shovels and go see whether there is food downstairs.
Gaurav: Rhu does the morning stuff also.
Apheori (GM): Your shovels are fine. Downstairs the place is empty, but there's a note you can't read and a loaf of bread and five bowls of congealed porridge at a table.
Gaurav: Aww!
Frezak (GM): PORRIDGE
Wen: I eat my share of the food.
Frezak (GM): I EAT THE PORRIDGE/
Wen: WITHOUT TALKING.
Apheori (GM): All of it?
Ganelon: Shall we say the ritual is done now?
Wen: (but still trying to get my communicator to work)
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it's done.
Rhu heads downstairs also. He is impressed by the food, but surprised by the lack of people. He walks around and checks if maybe somebody is in the kitchen or somewhere.
Ganelon: Alright. These come with rolls (but cannot fail - it usually determines degrees of success), so here goes.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Remind me, what was wrong with it? >.<
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
19
)
+10
=
29
Well!
Gaurav: Woo!
Apheori (GM): Is that on the note?
Wen: There's no signal?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You find the barkeep asleep in the kitchen.
Wen: Unless there is.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Ah.
Yes,
No signal other than the others.
Ganelon: So I can definitely understand this language. Can I speak it?
Wen: I was just kind of parodying my real life eating ritual. Not talking since I eat alone, but reading stuff on my phone. :P
Apheori (GM): Uh... sure, why not.
Rhu tiptoes back out and sits down to eat some porridge.
Wen: Whoo!
Ganelon: Then I'll pack up my things and head downstairs as well.
Greibel comes down to eat, very hungry
Greibel: Is there a bottle of hot sauce around here anywhere?
Radek: ...What is this? They left food for us?
Apheori (GM): There seem to be some rather suspicious bottles behind the bar, but they probably aren't hot sauce.
Rhu: So it seems. They left a note.
Greibel: Eh, I'll smell 'em
Wen: Is it wow-wow sauce? >_>
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM): If it's Wow-wow I'm drinking that shit.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Radek: Let me see that.
Ganelon: I will look at the note.
Apheori (GM): Radek: The note says 'Thanks for your business. Here's breakfast. And yes, I know you probably can't read this. -J'
Ganelon: I'll read it out aloud to the party because Radek loves showing off.
Apheori (GM): Do you read it aloud translated, or in the original language?
Ganelon: Translated.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: When you take off the cap and smell the bottle, it does not knock you on the floor, but it still gives it a very good try. The fumes are... very strong.
Rhu: Does the script look similar to that in the old journal we found at the campsite?
Apheori (GM): Ít may or may not be the same script. The handwriting, however, is a lot neater.
Greibel: Hey Rhu, smell this
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Rhu:
rolling d20 against fumes
(
20
)
=
20
Apheori (GM): Ooo, you got lucky.
Ganelon: We've been rolling really damn well to resist fumes.
Also, that ought to be an Endurance roll, says I.
Apheori (GM): It doesn't do anything to Rhu except smell bad.
Bear Soup Guy: We have poor noses
Apheori (GM): I think it was.
Aziraphale: Hey, Radek, can you try reading the journal thing?
Apheori (GM): What's an endurance roll?
Radek: Certainly. This only lasts for a day, so I recommend we make use of it as best we can.
Gaurav: It's a skill check based on Constitution.
Ganelon: Endurance is just another skill.
Apheori (GM): Oh, endurance is a thing!
Ganelon: Yarr.
Rhu hands Radek the old journal.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, I was just basing that on constitution. Well, anyhoo.
Ganelon: Without training, they're basically the same thing anyways.
Apheori (GM): Yesh.
Greibel shrugs and looks at the bottle
Greibel: Good enough
Greibel liberally applies the bottle's contents to his porridge and prepares to eat
Aziraphale: Err, Greibel
Have some of this bread instead, will you?
I don't want to have to drag your pooping arse around for the whole day.
Ganelon: If the bowl doesn't melt, I'll check out the journal.
Greibel: hmmph
Greibel reluctantly takes the bread
Apheori (GM): It doesn't melt, but the porridge does seem to have a chemical reaction with the liquid.
It's kind of fizzing and smoking.
Gan: The journal!
Does the ritual account for bad handwriting?
Because it is really bad handwriting.
Ganelon: Eh, I rolled a 19.
Rhu picks up his bowl and steps away from the bubbling porridge.
Ganelon: It's probably no worse to me than anyone else's bad handwriting.
So... quite bad, still.
Frezak (GM): Handwriting is probably alien to you coming from a future time.
Ganelon: Nah, man, the journal was just printed in a really shitty font.
Bear Soup Guy: Comic sans :>
Apheori (GM): Well, okay, so you open the journal and realise it's not the same language, or even script, as the note.
Ganelon: Oh my.
Apheori (GM): The page you're on appears to be a fair bit of ranting about ferns.
Wen: Comic Sans is actually pretty readable. Just ugly.
Ganelon: In that case I actually can't read it unless you want to bend rules.
Apheori (GM): Pfft.
Ganelon: Comprehend Language works on one language as specified.
Apheori (GM): I guess we're bending rules.
Because that makes no sense.
Ganelon: But if this helps you move plot stuff along and doesn't force me to recast it? Yeah, I'm not complaining.
Apheori (GM): How do you know what the language is when you're doing the ritual?
Ganelon: You have to have heard or read it.
But it clearly insists that you pick one, too.
Gaurav: I think you're supposed to do the ritual with a piece of writing in the language you need to understand. Or with someone shouting words from it at you, I guess.
Apheori (GM): How does that apply to related languages?
Ganelon shrugs.
Ganelon: It's not that specific.
Gaurav: I wonder how it works with language families: if you "pick" French, can you understand some words from Spanish? I'd guess yes, since so much of the vocabulary overlaps.
Apheori (GM): And what good is it based on the spoken language if you want the written? Each piece is arbitrary and separate.
Ganelon: You just choose a language you've heard or a piece of writing you've seen within the past 24 hours and... *know* it for the next 24.
Apheori (GM): But that's two languages.
Written and spoken are very different forms.
Frezak (GM): I see it as more of a Babelfish than dumping the full lingual ability in your head.
Ganelon: So it's up to you.
Frezak (GM): You do'nt LEARN anything.
Ganelon: This is correct.
Frezak (GM): But for a time /a/ language is translated.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): But without you knowing HOW the language is built.
Apheori (GM): So you don't know that it's a rant about ferns.
Sorry.
Ganelon: As for the differences between spoken and written, they are kept separate.
As in, you can use the ritual and translate both, but only if you have access to both. One does not let you understand the other.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Okay.
Radek: This is still gibberish. Whatever language it happens to be, it's not what these people have been speaking.
I can perform the ritual again tomorrow if you really consider it important, but my supply of residuum is not infinite.
Rhu puts the journal away until then
Aziraphale: Ley
Let's go back to the village then.
Now that you can hopefully talk to the people.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Are you sure you don't want that porrige?
It looks so... interesting...
Wen: I'm sure he doesn't want it
Ganelon: Someone else is welcome to have my porridge.
Greibel covertly dips some bread in the porridge
Frezak (GM): The bread screams.
Aziraphale takes the bread away from Greibel
Greibel: :(
Apheori (GM): Azir: Roll a spot first.
Ganelon: Perception and/or stealth!
Wen: spot?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: And you roll a... covert.
Perception.
Greibel: okie
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
15
)
+3
=
18
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+1
(
9
)
+1
=
10
Aziraphale: Good.
Apheori (GM): Now roll a grab.
Wen: whaaat
Too many hoops.
Ganelon: That's a strength mod vs. reflex.
Bear Soup Guy: Bread is serious business
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
15
)
+4
=
19
Ganelon: Lhoryn the gnoll grabs stuff all the time. I know grabs like Gravy knows holes.
Wen: wasting my good rolls -_-
Bear Soup Guy: What's a reflex?
Ganelon: It's a defense.
Apheori (GM): He got it away from you. >.<
Bear Soup Guy: Right then
Apheori (GM): Jerk.
Ganelon: AC, Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): ...actually that might have been a very good thing.
Wen: IT'S FOR HIS OWN GOOD
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, /that's/ what "Ref" is
Ganelon: Yeah.
Apheori (GM): So. What now?
Aziraphale: I suggest we go to the village
Ganelon: Let's go babble at people.
I'm sure using the grouchy old guy as a translator won't cause problems.
The porridge calls to Greibel.
Greibel: O_O
Rhu: The village sounds like a good idea. Amadi said she was going to "Midnight". Maybe that's a city nearby? We could get back in touch with headquarters, and ... I don't know. Get back home or something.
Aziraphale: I think midnight is a time.
Radek: I admit to being somewhat curious as to where the other residents of this building have gone.
The Gravedigger: I don't think she meant a place.
At least not as we know it.
Aziraphale: Home, probably?
Rhu: The barkeep is in the back, asleep.
Aziraphale: It's the morning, after all.
it's not like people stay at bars all day.
Radek: Well, let's go get directions.
The Gravedigger: People that use their hands for a living get up as soon as light does.
Let's go find a king!
Ganelon: Says the only guy who slept in.
The porridge flops onto the table.
Frezak (GM): AS if /I/ had any decision in that.
Greibel: Hmmm...
Ganelon: OH GOD
Frezak (GM): It's the sauce of life.
Ganelon: Rifle at the ready.
The porridge purrs at Greibel.
Ganelon: Can we administer the spice of death to it?
Greibel: Huh...
Frezak (GM): POUR BOOZE ON IT
Greibel pulls out a fanged pea
The porridge: Spice of death?
Greibel set it down next to the porridge
The porridge: Ack, OOC
Rhu: Isn't booze in porridge how this started?
Apheori (GM): Sorry.
Ganelon: A play on words, dear porridge.
Frezak (GM): I will step away from this.
Aziraphale: Talking porridge?
Apheori (GM): That was an accident.
It hasn't talked. >.<
The porridge: YES I DID
THE GM IS TRYING TO SILENCE MEEEEE
Ganelon: Many things are described as the spice of life.
The porridge: HELLLLP MEEEEE
THE GM IS PLOTTING AGAINST YOU
Apheori (GM): ...
Greibel: =O
Apheori (GM): Please don't do that.
Ganelon: Well duh, that's her job.
Frezak (GM): That porridge speaks sense.
So, is the porridge really moving?
Or is that embroidery?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check to see why the porridge purred.
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Or just if there's something weird about the porridge.
Apheori (GM): The porridge managed to get out of its bowl and has been making some odd noises, mostly at Greibel.
The Gravedigger: I hope it's not going to do that in my stomach.
Bear Soup Guy: And I presented it with a fanged pea
Aziraphale: It was the sauce
your stomach is probably safe.
Apheori (GM): The porridge itself doesn't seem to be porridge anymore. Whatever Greibel poured on it seems to have had a very odd effect, though it seems normal enough by itself...
Fanged pea rolls away from the porridge.
Gaurav: Phew.
Rhu: ... what was in that bottle?!
Greibel: It smelled delicious :(
The porridge leaps and devours the pea, which lets out a horrible little shriek before being enveloped.
Aziraphale: o_O
Greibel: O_o
Aziraphale: Can we just go yap at people now?
Rhu: 0.0
Greibel: Yeah...I think the porridge can take care of itself.
Rhu: We should keep the bottle. It might come in handy.
Ganelon: I'm going to be a little more responsible.
Aziraphale: and Greibel use your eyes and not your hands, please.
Ganelon: And freeze the porridge.
Apheori (GM): Is this magic?
Ganelon: It is magic.
Apheori (GM): The porridge eats it.
Ganelon: I have not yet learned to make liquid nitrogen with alchemy.
Radek: Well, that's troublesome.
Greibel: I saw this in a movie once
Want to know the ending?
The Gravedigger: Are going to try and kill this?
Or just... leave it here?
The porridge jiggles.
Rhu: The bottle was in this inn. They probably know how to deal with ... this.
Aziraphale: If we can't trap it in a container, we should probably just leave it be.
Rhu: I think we should take the bottle though. It might be useful to be able to animate porridge in the future.
Radek: Agreed.
Aziraphale: That'd be theft.
Radek: Don't care.
Greibel: If I had a nickel for every time I needed some animated porridge...
Aziraphale: Do you go in a sushi place and then take the bottle of soy sauce?
You'd be seriously in debt, Greibel.
Now be quiet.
Radek: Soy sauce is much less fascinating.
Rhu: We could wake the barkeep and ask.
Bear Soup Guy: Oops
Aziraphale: If one of you has a jar I suppose we could take a sample.
Bear Soup Guy: I think I just destroyed a cooking pot
Wen: ><
Ganelon: Uh oh.
Bear Soup Guy: I totally forgot I was putting on some water for tea, like......an hour ago >_<
Apheori (GM): The pot should be fine, no?
Bear Soup Guy: The bottom is black
But it appears to still be in tact
Apheori (GM): Meh, that's fine.
Frezak (GM): Just wash it.
Apheori (GM): What about the porridge?
Wen: can we trap it?
Gaurav: BSG: oof :(
Apheori (GM): You can try.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah okay, looks like it'll be alright
Aziraphale: I just want to trap it so it can't get away. Nothing fancy. No battles.
The porridge bounces toward Greibel and purrs at the edge of the table.
Greibel cautiously puts out a hand to pet it
Rhu: Maybe we could catch it in a cloak?
Aziraphale: Ehh, I just don't want it to destroy the place when we go
If you guys don't think it'll do that we can just leave it be.
The porridge rises to meet the hand and wiggles in response.
Wen: Apheori: This seriously reminds me of the slime in AMD 1 xD
Apheori (GM): I have no idea what that is.
Rhu: We could ... dig a hole and bury it.
Radek: We certainly have the tools for that.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: When you try to draw your hand away, you realise the porridge is stuck to it.
Rhu: I say we wake the barkeep. Odds are, he'll know how to deal with his drinks accidently animating breakfast meals.
Uh oh.
Greibel: Huh
Odd
Greibel holds the porridge up to Rhu's face
Greibel: WOOOOOOO! I'M THE HAAAAAUUUUUNTED PORRIIIIIIIIDGE!
Rhu: Greibel ... ? Are you okay?
Apheori (GM): His hands appear to have turned black.
Frezak (GM): Sounds okay for a hippie druid druggue.
Wen: Apheori: http://www.squidi.net/comic/amd/view.php?series=amd&ep=1&id=82
Apheori (GM): Not with gangrene or whatever, but just... coated like Radek. Except in black.
Aziraphale: Urgh.
Is it spreading?
Is his hand withering?
Greibel: Try to make a joke and people start questioning your sanity
Also ouch
Rhu: Does it hurt?
Apheori (GM): Not spreading or withering. Doesn't hurt. Feels a bit cold.
Gaurav: Sorry about that, BSG: I missed your action, so I thought you'd suddenly been possessed by the porridge. My bad.
Rhu: If it's cold, maybe warm will attract or repel it.
Bear Soup Guy: s'alright
Greibel: Magic me some warm, Guru man
Ganelon: Uh.
Radek: That would be unsafe to say the least.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The porridge seems to be afraid.
Rhu: You could step outside and see if the sun has any effect on it.
Gaurav: Aww.
Bear Soup Guy: Aw, poor guy
er
Aziraphale: Or we could wake the barkeep up
Greibel: Aw, poor guy
He just wants to eat fanged peas and look all goopy
Radek: I can apply incendiary chemicals, but to your hands? Not... recommended.
Bear Soup Guy: Can I NATURE it?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
What does naturing it do?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+11 nature stuff
(
10
)
+11
=
21
I have no idea
Apheori (GM): Someone who knows things! Help!
Bear Soup Guy: Probably makes me more in tune with its consciousness, if it has one, since it's now attached to me
Ganelon: One sec.
Gaurav: Try to understand what it's doing? What it might be?
Aziraphale: I'll go and wake the barkeep up
Apheori (GM): Can a druid use that to communicate with things?
Ganelon: If we treat this as an animal, nature would be used to either interact with it (taming, calming down, etc.) or identify it.
Apheori (GM): Okay, which were you trying to do, Greibel?
Gaurav: Azir++
Apheori (GM): It's totally an animal.
Ganelon: I doubt the latter has much chance of success since this is no normal thing.
Wen: This reminds me of 20Q
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah I wanted to talk to it
Ganelon: But that's not up to me.
Apheori (GM): Okay. You talk to the porridge.
Bear Soup Guy: We've identified it, it's mutant porridge, obvs :P
Wen: What happened to the barkeep?
Greibel: Hey little porridge, what's your name, buddy?
Apheori (GM): It's not intelligent enough for words, but it likes eating and it likes you because you're its mum, but it doesn't like being stuck, but it's not completely freaking out because it's you that it's stuck to and you're okay because you're its mum, but it doesn
't want to be stuck.
Greibel: =O
Apheori (GM): Wen: You wake the barkeep. She says something you don't understand.
Gaurav: AWW
Wen: I wave Radek over
Greibel snuggles the porridge
Ganelon: Coming over.
Apheori (GM): The porridge relaxes a bit, but still doesn't want to be stuck.
Rhu: Greibel: I think you need to give it a name.
Apheori (GM): The innkeeper looks at Azir and Radek enquiringly.
Greibel: I shall call him....Rasputin.
Aziraphale: Radek, can you get the barkeep to look at this thing?
Ganelon: I'll... denote alternate languages somehow.
Innkeeper: So...
Rhu gingerly tries to touch Rasputin the Porridge.
Radek: ~I can talk to you for the remainder of today.~
Innkeeper: ~Oh, sure, and you couldn't do that last night?~
Greibel cautiously holds out Rasputin and sends signals of calming nature to it
Innkeeper: ~What is it?~
Apheori (GM): The porridge shrinks away from Rhu's finger?
.
But it calms.
Radek: ~I could not. My... "friend" over here appears to have done something idiotic and might need your help.~
Rhu: Aw. Poor thing.
Radek: ~There is animate porridge stuck to his hands.~
Innkeeper: ~Idio... oh, he did NOT get into the...~
Greibel continues to try to get the porridge to warm up to Rhu
Aziraphale nodds emphatically
Radek moves out of the woman's way.
Innkeeper bustles over to the common room, and then just sort of stops.
Aziraphale: -d
Innkeeper: ~What.~
Greibel: ...What?
Innkeeper: ~YOU!~
Innkeeper points at Greibel.
Innkeeper: ~WHAT DID YOU DO?~
Greibel: Help! Scary man's yelling gibberish at me!
Apheori (GM): Woman.
It's a woman.
Greibel: Woman!
Rhu steps back from Griebel
Radek: ~He poured the contents of that bottle into his porridge.~
~I don't suppose you could explain what caused the reaction, could you?~
Innkeeper stares for a moment, then turns back into the kitchen and bursts out laughing.
Rhu: Huh.
Radek shrugs at Rhu and the others.
Greibel: ....So...this is okay then.
Translate that laugh. What does it mean?
Radek: It means she laughed at you.
Greibel: Oh, how exotic!
Aziraphale grumbles.
Innkeeper: ~You don't have shalott where you're from, do you?~
Frezak (GM): Shalott? HAH.
Gaurav: How did Rasputin respond to the laugh? Or the innkeeper? If at all?
Ganelon: I know nothing of shalott.
Apheori (GM): Rasputin is calm.
Radek: ~I do not.~
Innkeeper: ~That bottle was one of the reagents, though... well, it might have been going a little off.~
~Shalott is a very strong drink. It's what you drink when you don't want to have to drink anything else.~
~Though I'll admit it's not supposed to do that.~
Greibel meanwhile plays with it like a kitty
Apheori (GM): The effectiveness of the playing is limited by its still being stuck to your hand.
Radek: She says it's a strong drink.
Apheori (GM): Did Rhu ever actually poke it?
Gaurav: I'm going to say no, if the porridge shrunk away Rhu wouldn't have tried to touch it.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: Give animated porridge their space, I always say.
Radek: Nothing about it animating porridge. I theorize that Greibel is responsible for that.
~Do you know of a place called Midnight, miss?~
Innkeeper: ~Oh, you're a charmer!~
Ganelon: ...
Sure.
Rhu: Greibel, or any of us? Maybe we picked up something from Sarathi that ... has an effect on porridge? Or shalott? Or both?
Innkeeper: ~Afraid not. There's Aierseth, and Wayside.~
Greibel: What an oddly specific thing to pick up
Aziraphale: It might not be specific.
Innkeeper: ~Unless you mean one of the ruins of the Gaher? They had odd names like that.~
Aziraphale: Porridge may just be one of the things that react with it.
and Shallott.
Rhu: Maybe it affects all fluids ... (Rhu shrugs, clearly not really convinced himself)
Greibel: Porridge is hardly a fluid
Greibel scoffs disdainfully
Radek: Hmph. ~I'm not sure. Ideally, we would like to visit a... more advanced place than this.~
Aziraphale mutters, not particularly caring how this happened, utterly convinced that if Greibel had kept his greasy fingers to himself..
Radek: ~Somewhere with a communications array, at least.~
Innkeeper: ~Advanced? You mean older?~
Bear Soup Guy: brb
Radek: ~No, my dear. /Newer./~
~Places with technology.~
Innkeeper: ~Well, if you want wizards, you're on the wrong side of the world, I think. Magic here has... moved on."
~
~Unless the whole world's moved on by now. Used to be we had all manner of wonders. Now it's just gone save for the oldest places.~
Radek: ~That's upsetting news... other side of the world, you say? How long is the circumference of this planet?~
Ganelon: What do you mean you don't know science, foolish barkeep?
Innkeeper shakes her head tiredly.
Innkeeper: ~More. You're more of them, aren't you.~
~And I thought you were just old tales, told to scare the kids.~
Radek: ~Excuse me?~
Bear Soup Guy: back
Innkeeper: ~You should visit the Hole at Vermai. It is where the Cataclysm began.~
Gaurav: oooh
Innkeeper: ~Go. Take your sorrows and see your doom for yourselves.~
Innkeeper smiles.
Innkeeper: ~When you return, you will understand the purpose of shalott.~
Ganelon: Well that's ominous.
Apheori (GM): She wants to get you drunk.
BE AFRAID.
Ganelon: And I'M the charmer
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu: >.>
Apheori (GM): You called her miss. She's a bit on in years... though compared to Radek certainly she is a miss. XD
Rhu: Greibel: how do you suppose Rasputin is holding on? Is he sticky at all?
Greibel: Sticky...well...yes.
He seems to be alright though.
Radek: ~I will no doubt mourn the loss of my ability to metabolize alcohol soon, then.~
~Where is this Hole?~
Ganelon: Well, "at Vermai", of course, but I don't know where that is.
Innkeeper: ~Easterly and south. You will find things get more dead as you approach.~
Apheori (GM): That's the direction the sinkhole you saw was in.
Aziraphale: Well, let's thank the innkeeper and move on.
Radek: I have our destination, it seems.
Rhu: Hey, if Radek wants to have a drink with her or anything, I'm sure I could find something to do ..
Radek: ~The others wish to convey their thanks.~
Ganelon: Nonsense, Rhy.
Rhu*
Innkeeper: ~You can tell your friend he can keep the rest of that bottle if he wants. I wouldn't use it anyway after what it's done to the porridge.~
Aziraphale looks at Radek inquiringly
Radek: The sinkhole we saw earlier.
The porridge pulls itself free of Greibel's black hand and bounces up his arm, resting on his shoulder.
Radek: I'm afraid we may be here for quite a while longer.
Greibel: =D
Shoulder porridge!
Wen: I meant the bottle bit. We can keep it.
Greibel strikes an adventurous pose
Radek: There are no cities, nor ships or communications arrays.
Aziraphale: This is depressing
The Gravedigger: What a surprise.
Rhu: Pirate Rasputin!
Radek: We may still be able to leave through magical means.
Rhu: What about distress beacons? Maybe there's one in CAR?
Apheori (GM): A bunch of the porridge is still stuck to Greibel's hand.
But it seems to be a dead bunch now.
Radek: Come on. And take the bottle with you.
Greibel wipes it off
Gaurav: Shall we head to car? Or do we want to talk some other villagers while Radek can?
Ganelon: Up to you.
Gaurav: I think we should at least say hi and see if anybody knows anything else about the catastrophe. If this planet really is as bereft of life as all that, we might not see other sentient beings for a while.
Radek: ~Thank you for your patronage, miss.~
Innkeeper bows slightly.
Gaurav heads outside.
Gaurav: oops
Rhu heads outside.
Ganelon: I'll follow suit.
Apheori (GM): It's sunny out!
Aziraphale follows
Frezak (GM): Sun!
Apheori (GM): And some folks are lounging around.
Greibel: Let's go, Raspy. What a nice day!
Radek: ~Ho there! Loiterers!~
Villager: ~Hail, grampa!~
The porridge shrinks slightly in the sunlight.
Rhu: Mm, warm!
Gaurav: BTW worth warning people that I have to leave for class in another 20 mins or so :-/
Villager: ~You speak in words, no?~
Greibel: Nice to have a sun in the sky for once. That doesn't want to eat us.
Radek: ~For today.~
Villager: now*
~By the grace of the saints, then? Today is a good day.~
The Gravedigger: No fish so far.
Villager: ~Don't be daft, Chuck. They's wizards. It's wizarding.~
Rhu: Shh, don't give the weather ideas.
Radek: ~By the grace of my skill at magic, more like. Your friend is correct.~
Villager: ~Oh, daft, whatsit? Where do you think the wizards magic comes from?~
Gaurav: These villagers are straight out of Asterix and Obelix, in the best possible way :-D
Villager: ~Sod off.~
Radek: ~I'm sure an undeveloped culture like yours has a very quaint idea of where magic comes from, but I've no time to hear it.~
~What do you lot know about a Cataclysm?~
Villager: ~Oh, you're a grumpy one, ain't ye?~
~Cataclysm for a token.~
Ganelon: Wait, is he asking for money?
Villager: ~A token? They're outsiders, you idiot.~
Villager smacks the other one.
Villager smacks back.
Gaurav: I sincerely hope he's asking for money. I've been waiting for one of us to do an intimidate check.
Greibel: Heh, they must have the Three Stooges on this planet
Villager: ~The idiot means a story. When you from?~
Ganelon: When *am* I from?
Wen: I am from Sarathi
Apheori (GM): When.
Aziraphale: I don't know about the rest of you lot.
Wen: Oh.
Ganelon: I should know a date, shouldn't I?
Wen: This is the second time NPCs have conflated time and place. This might be important.
Apheori (GM): Date is a vestigial value from a time when a single planet was involved. It's arbitrary and inapplicable.
Frezak (GM): Time?
TIME?
WE ARE FROM BEYOND TIME.
WE STEPPED OFF THE HANDS.
Ganelon: Fair enough!
Apheori (GM): That said you need to denote time somehow, so it was the 14th span of the 843rd ending.
Whatever that means.
Gaurav: Maybe we can just tell them our age? "We are from 29 Earth years ago"
Radek: ~The 14th span of the 843rd ending, and I should sincerely hope, not the past.~
Greibel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDCiLdkneY
Villager: Er.
~Well, you got me.~
Gaurav: Greibel: thanks!
Villager: ~Of course he got you. You don't even know what day it is!~
Radek: ~It doesn't mean anything to us either, don't worry. We abandoned the concept of a singular timeline eons ago.~
Villager: ~What day is it?~
~Shut up.~
Bear Soup Guy: Youtube-brain
Villager: ~You're used to holes?~
Radek: ~Of what sort?~
Villager: ~Holes.~
~You know. Stuff comes out. Goes in. Gets shredded.~
Radek: ~I travel with a brute who enjoys *digging* holes...~
Frezak (GM): Brute?
Ganelon: Yes.
Villager: ~Oy, you don't know that! There just happens to be a hole, and folks from the wrong times appear sometimes, but it's just as easily a coincidence.~
Frezak (GM): I have 12 int!
Villager: ~Does he dig through time?~
Ganelon: Your strength is not 8.
Frezak (GM): Pfff.
Noddle-armed grump.
Nozzle-armed?
Villager: ~Because this hole, what, it goes through TIIIIIME.~
~No it doesn't. You don't know that. Stop making up stories.~
Radek: ~Oh, marvelous!~
Villager smacks the other villager again.
Villager: ~Seriously, don't listen to him. He's addled, he is.~
Radek: ~Then presumably, the other side may house a time more agreeable than this one.~
Villager: ~Yeah, you just say that because you're addled and feel lonely.~
~Oh, no. there's no other side. Everything just gets shredded that gets near.~
~Yeah, he tried it. Dropped a big ol' boulder in there. You know what happened? It exploded is what happened!~
Radek: ~Have you considered using it for waste disposal?~
~Well, no matter, I should very much like to investigate any matter of spatial or temporal anomaly for myself.~
Villager: ~Why would we need a waste disposal?~
Gaurav: I'm going to have to leave in another five minutes or so. Are we meeting again on Saturday at the same time as today (11am MT)?
Villager: ~Too far away anyway. Three days just to dump compost? Eck.~
Ganelon: I'll be there.
Villager: Yes.
Oops.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: Works for me
Ganelon: I wish this ritual worked for more than just me.
You guys must be getting bored.
Gaurav: sweet! keep going, i have ~5 mins.
naah, it's fine. I (Gaurav) am well entertained by these amazing villagers. Rhu is sitting on the grass enjoying the sun.
Radek: They appear to be talking about some hole that shreds matter in its vicinity
Frezak (GM): 's cool.
Aziraphale: Marvelous.
Villager: ~And it killed everything. You should see the wildlife!~
~Kids love it, of course.~
~Back when we had kids.~
~Do you have kids?~
Wen: Not that I know of. /me runs
Villager: ~Chuck had a kid. Died.~
~All died.~
Radek: ~Machines are much less irritating.~
Villager: ~Oh, they'll wreck too.~
~Even turn on you sometimes.~
~I'd rather have a kid turn on me than a hulk, that's for damn sure.~
~Back when we had hulks, you mean? They went out before the kids did.~
Villagers blather at each other for awhile.
Radek: Hmph.
Gaurav: Hehe
Okay, I gotta run. Thanks for a great game! See you all on Saturday!
Ganelon: I'll assume this conversation is over
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Gaurav!
Apheori (GM): Looks like.
Ganelon: Unless they have something more to say to Radek.
Wen: Bye!
Gaurav: byeeeeee
Apheori (GM): Shall we call it a day?
Bear Soup Guy: Would be a good plot point to cut off at
I'm game for more if everybody else is though
Ganelon shrugs.
Ganelon: This is a good cutoff point.
Next session won't require me to do all the talking.
Aziraphale: So we slept, Radek made stuff, Greibel befriended porridge, and we talked to some villagers.
Wen: Heh.
Ganelon: Yes, at some point next time I'll have to bring up the making of stuff.
"Hey, anyone want a bomb?"
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: "I got like, five of 'em."
"Bombs for everyone."
"They're a real blast."
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Wen: You get a bomb! You get a bomb! Everybody gets a bomb! *chucks* BOOM.
Bear Soup Guy: Such friendly terrorism
Ganelon: They are rather ineffective weapons, but you can set them as a minor action.
So you could set three bombs per turn, if you felt so inclined.
Frezak (GM): I'd just pick one and smash someone with it.
Apheori (GM): I won't be able to make it the 25th.
Just so you know.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, neither will I
Ganelon: That's what, two weeks?
Wen: Yes.
Ganelon: Not a problem.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Wen: So that's it for now?
Apheori (GM): Looks like.
Wen: Okay, well, farewell.
Bear Soup Guy: Adios 

Session 6

Gaurav: nooooo not the ducks
GM question: did Radek use up all the fertilizer to make his bombs (thanks, Radek!), or do we have any left?
Apheori (GM): Ask Radek.
Ganelon: I don't know how much it takes to make bombs!
Apheori (GM): You had like a gallon.
Gaurav: Did you make as many bombs as you possibly could, or did you make a reasonable amount and leave the rest?
Ganelon: I made as many as my mechanical parts permitted, not as many as the explosive material I had on hand did.
Gaurav: Let's put a number on the bombs made? Maybe 10?
Apheori (GM): As I recall, he made like five.
At least I think that's what he said.
Ganelon: 5..
Ye.
Yes*
Apheori (GM): Yes. That's exactly what he said.
There's some left.
I don't know how big these bombs are, or what's reacting with what, but all of the fertiliser wouldn't even fit.
OKAY.
WHERE ARE MY NOTES?
Frezak (GM): In the sack.
Apheori (GM): What sack?
Ganelon: They're small bombs.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so you're in the town. Radek was talking to a pair of codgy old villagers.
Frezak (GM): We were gonna visit the... sinkhole?
Gaurav: AWESOME codgy old villagers
Apheori (GM): You were going to head toward the sinkhole, since apparently it's some kind of rift in space.
Gaurav: We should invite them along.
Apheori (GM): There's also the rest of the village, some of whom are probably better educated than... these two.
Frezak (GM): Also, how does fuel work in this car?
How much more movement does it have left?
Gaurav: Do we *have* to go to the Source of the Catastrophe? There must be a cinema around here somewhere.
Apheori (GM): It seems to have... plenty, unless it doesn't. Apparently the designers thought it looked better to not include any sort of power gauge.
Frezak (GM): Hmph.
Apheori (GM): It's a dusty old village thing with no real signs of technology.
At least not that you saw before.
But that was night and people were weird and nobody really looked, did they?
Frezak (GM): Who was weird?
Apheori (GM): Mostly you guys.
And Amadi.
Mostly Amadi, actually.
Ganelon: Yeah, none of the willagers were weird.
Gaurav looks around the village for signs of advanced technology, or anything out of the ordinary.
Gaurav: err
Ganelon: Unless of course, they were weird for this place and normal to us.
Rhu looks around the village for signs of advanced technology, or anything out of the ordinary.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check
(
14
)
+11
=
25
Wen: Do you intentionally talk like Elmer Fudd? XD
Frezak (GM): Who's talking like who?
Gaurav: What does Elmer Fudd talk like?
Apheori (GM): I think he means Gan.
Wen: Gan, and replacing v and r with w
Apheori (GM): I was right!
Apheori (GM) does a little dance.
Wen: Well done.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see a lot of dust.
Gaurav: "willagers" is more Chekov from Star Trek than Fudd, no?
Wen: Hmm, actually, yeah, Fudd does r/l->w, not v->w.
Ganelon: It's intentional.
And Frezak's fault.
Apheori (GM): You also see some strange heaps of rubble - twisted metal, melted stone, wood that couldn't possibly be wood... the sort of thing kids would love to play on, except there don't seem to be any kids. Anywhere.
Wen: Okay.
Frezak (GM): So, do we leave the willage?
Rhu elbows Gravy: "There's a lot of dust here. How's the digging?"
Frezak (GM): I take all the blames.
Gaurav: Huh.
Frezak (GM): Junk?
Apheori (GM): And you notice the roofs are shingled in a way that makes no sense.
The Gravedigger: I'm not burying dust.
Wen: Should we ask the wiwawers about it?
(sorry >_>)
Gaurav: Should I roll another perception check to examine the rubble more closely? Or should we let one of the tech people (i.e. Radek) do that?
Apheori (GM) hits Wen with a frying pan.
Gaurav: Go on about the shingles.
Apheori (GM): Look if your guy would look.
Wen: I assume Radek can still talk to them.
Ganelon: He can all day.
Apheori (GM): The shingles are weird. You can't make sense of them. The pattern is wrong. The material is wrong. The shadows are wrong. It makes your head hurt.
Ganelon: But he is not an architect.
Not of buildings.
Gaurav: HUH.
Rhu: What's up with those shingles? They hurt my head.
Bear Soup Guy: an architect of WIZARD
Frezak (GM): Gravy knows about old-style things.
Anything he can learn from this?
The porridge wiggles.
Bear Soup Guy: ^_^
Rhu looks around for any shingle components that might have fallen off the roof for closer examination.
Frezak (GM): Don't tell me the shingles are scales >.>
Apheori (GM): Gravy: Some of the shingles are put on backwards. Like someone saw a picture of shingles, tried to make their own, and put them on in the wrong order.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: They're... some kind of ceramic. Apparently.
Frezak (GM): We might want to ask a willager how this place was built.
Apheori (GM): There is a loud thimphk soun behind you.
sound
Rhu puts one of the shingle components into my bag
Frezak (GM): Thimphk?
Rhu jumps.
Apheori (GM): Thimphk.
Aziraphale looks behind him
Apheori (GM): And a cloud of dust, apparently.
Small cloud.
Very small.
Frezak (GM): DUST
Apheori (GM): When it settles, you see some kind of metal object half embedded in the ground.
Wen: I examine the object
Apheori (GM): The villagers are watching curiously as well.
Roll a... thingy to recognise it.
Frezak (GM): What kind of thingy?
Ganelon: I'll do a magic thingy.
rolling 1d20+10
(
9
)
+10
=
19
Apheori (GM): History, I think.
Although other thingies would work too.
Frezak (GM): Crud.
Apheori (GM): Gan almost got it with magic.
Wen: well my history is 0 so... someone else?
I have +8 insight and +3 perception
Frezak (GM): I might just want perception to tell what it looks like rather than what it is >.>
Apheori (GM): Just roll, silly.
Ganelon: Damn.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Perception.
I see all the things.
I see the bugs in the grass.
I see the germs on the wind.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Gravy recognises it from his shovel... however he got his shovels.
.It's an anvil.
Frezak (GM): I made my shovels.
Oh dear.
Rhu: Huh!
Rhu looks around anxiously to see where it might have fallen out of or come from.
Apheori (GM): No buildings over where it fell. The sky is clear. Wisps of clouds, a little dusty haze.
Rhu: Did it fall from the empty sky? Did it just appear magically behind us? What is it for?
Apheori (GM): Gravy's perception indicates it fell out of the sky. You could try asking the villagers if they have any idea...
The Gravedigger: That's an anvil.
They don't usually drop from the sky.
Rhu: What's an anvil?
The Gravedigger: Used for... shaping hot metal.
Gaurav: (I'm not being silly, Rhu would never have encountered an anvil before in his life. He's a big city boy.)
Rhu: Huh. It looks dangerous, it could have killed someone.
Maybe that's what happened to all the children ...
Aziraphale: What, an anvil dropped on them?
Don't be silly.
Radek, can you ask them if stuff drops out of the sky?
Radek: ~Does this happen often?~
Villager shrugs.
Villager: ~Sometimes. Not really.~
Frezak (GM): I'm suprised that you know what a shingle is.
Aziraphale: Okay, so it's at least happened before.
This is curious.
Rhu: The thing people put on their houses in the fancy part of town? Sure, I've seen those. But I just figured metal was shaped in ... I dunno, factories. Or something.
Radek: It is, these days.
Well, in our days.
Rhu: Do we have any technology that could warn us of incoming anvils? We might need to dodge them at some point.
Radek: The villagers don't see this sort of event often.
I have nothing on hand, at least.
Aziraphale: What about the funny metal things / toys? Did those drop from the sky as well?
The Gravedigger: Given how fast those drop, you'd need some seriously awesome detector thing.
Rhu: Ah, true.
Frezak (GM): I want to inspect the ... stuff. Is it scrap metal?
Apheori (GM): It... sure.
Oh, yeah.
Sorry, had to look up scrap metal.
It's not rusty.
It's not very shiny, either.
GREIBEL: I WANT A D20.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Frezak (GM): Does it look like it all came from the same... thing?
Or is it more .... assorted?
Apheori (GM): Assorted.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You're kind of bored. The porridge is dripping down your arm. But you don't have any great urge to flap your arms and run around honking.
The Gravedigger: Radek, can you ask them where these came from?
Apheori (GM): One of the villagers gets up and ambles off.
The Gravedigger: Piles of scrap metal isn't really what I'd expect from this level of technology.
Apheori (GM): The other is watching Greibel as though waiting for something.
Ganelon: Sorry, the scrap?
The Gravedigger: I probably wouldn't expect a rain of anvils either, though.
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Greibel draws funny pictures in the dirt with a stick
Radek: ~Where did this metal come from?~
Villager: ~You know.~
Radek: ~Nowhere?~
Villager: ~Oh, totally. I'm sure it just appeared one day.~
Wen: (brb bathroom)
Villager: ~Everything came from somewhere, right? Except where did it all come from before there was a SOMEWHERE for it to come from, hmm?~
Villager nods sagely.
Radek grumbles.
Frezak (GM): Punch him.
Gaurav: Philosopher-villagers are the worst villagers.
Radek: He doesn't know. Another rift in space, I assume.
Frezak (GM): Aye.
Hmm.
Ganelon: If I punched him, it would probably hurt *me*
Frezak (GM): Well.
I have nothing more I can do here.
If you were a Warlord you could Direct A Punch.
Anyways.
TIme to go explore he sinkhole thing?
Ganelon: Sure.

Gaurav: We could try to Intimidate him, but I don't know that that'd help.
Rhu heads over to CAR and gets into the driving seat
Rhu: (Unless somebody else wants to drive?)
Frezak (GM): Nah.
I call shotgun.
Wen: (back)
Apheori (GM): Anyone want to dally, or do you all pile in?
Ganelon: No dallying here.
Aziraphale: I go in.
Rhu: Griebel?
Greibel: I'm content with sitting in back
Rhu: Cool. I think that's everybody? Let's go!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Silly question, but can you drive?
I mean, have you ever done it before?
Rhu turns CAR on, gets us up to 20 ft or so, and drives us in the direction of the sinkhole.
Rhu: Yes. Also, I drove us here from the campsite.
Apheori (GM): Oh, okay.
Rhu: I'm a city boy, so experience with cars makes sense.
Apheori (GM): You realise you sat on something.
Rhu: Huh?
Rhu looks down to see what I'm sitting on
Apheori (GM): It's a string of beads.
Also it looks like someone painted on the dash.
Rhu: Huh!
Frezak (GM): Dang kids!
Rhu: Do these string of beads mean anything to anyone?
Ganelon: Not to my knowledge.
Gaurav: What's painted on the dash?
Apheori (GM): Gan: It appears to say 'guard'.
And there's a picture of a tree. Maybe.
Frezak (GM): In what language?
Rhu: Mysterious.
Aziraphale: Does it look like vandalism?
Rhu puts away the string of beads.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
It's the local language.
Aziraphale: Hmm...
I don't think we can gain much information from that alone. Let's go to the sinkhole.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Literate peasants?
Rhu: Maybe it wasn't the peasants.
Radek: ...It says "guard".
The Gravedigger: Ominous.
Ganelon: How fresh is the paint?
Apheori (GM): It's dry.
Frezak (GM): It's definitely paint?
Rhu: Yeah, maybe it's magical? Maybe it "guards" us?
Also, what's with the tree?
Apheori (GM): It's not anything else that you know of.
The Gravedigger: Either it's 'beware the tree" or "the tree is a guard" or the tree means nothing and it's just general blabbings.
Radek: I'm inclined to believe the latter.
Frezak (GM): YOU HAVE NO MYSTERY IN YOUR SOUL.
It's full of... magic instead.
Radek: I'm a scientist.
Frezak (GM): Let's go!
Ganelon: Onwards.
Rhu keeps driving us towards the rift thing.
Apheori (GM): You fly over a bunch of trees.
They all appear to be dead.
It's kind of depressing.
Gaurav: The tree painted on the dashboard isn't dead, right?
Apheori (GM): It's hard to tell because it's so badly drawn.
A starved bear watches you pass.
Rhu: Greibel: can you talk to bears?
Frezak (GM): It's visibly starved?
Cripes.
What a shitty place.
Ganelon: That could be troublesome.
Apheori (GM): A really big tree rises out of all the others.
Or rather it seems to; it mostly just sits there as you approach.
Bear Soup Guy: CAN I talk to bears?
Frezak (GM): SLOWING DOWN MIGHT AN IDEA.
Rhu slows CAR down
Frezak (GM): Is this big tree alive or dead?
Ganelon: I'm inclined to say that you can, because you're a druid.
But I don't know if there's an explicit rule saying so.
Gaurav: How big is big?
Bear Soup Guy: right then
Greibel: Of course I can talk to bears, silly
Gaurav: It doesn't make sense that you can talk to animals, since they're not sentient. But there's a wizard ritual which allows you to command animals, I think?
Ganelon: Animals can still communicate with each other.
Gaurav: Ah, true.
Bear Soup Guy: It
Gaurav: I wonder if Griebel can produce pheromones.
Ganelon: Expecting a bear to know things is another matter.
Bear Soup Guy: 's more like...reading their emotions and intentions and stuff
Apheori (GM): You're past the bear now anyhow.
Frezak (GM): ANimals can communicate very simple concepts.
Wouldn't call it 'talking'
Apheori (GM): The really big tree has a littler tree growing out the side that isn't dead.
Frezak (GM): Cripes.
Apheori (GM): Also you seem to be at your destination. The hole opens up almost at the roots of the tree.
Radek: From what I've been told, approaching any further would be unwise.
Rhu stops CAR in mid air
Gaurav: Is the littler tree growing parallel or perpendicular to the big tree?
Frezak (GM): Can I roll Nature to learn anything about said trees?
Apheori (GM): It's growing out perpendicular at the base, but then it curves back up.
And you totally can.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
12
)
+8
=
20
Rhu: I think we should send Griebel in to investigate the tree -- he can get closer than we can in CAR without landing, and he can poke around with a single bird in his flock without risking himself (too much).
Apheori (GM): They're different kinds of trees, it doesn't appear to be grafted, but there are also no roots available.
Rhu: One of these trees might be our dashboard tree. But which one?
The Gravedigger: This is all really weird.
Radek: Don't ask me. I don't deal in organics.
The Gravedigger: That living one isn't the same kind as the big one. And I don't see roots.
That's really weird.
Rhu: I dunno. Compared to Sarathi, this is almost mundane. So far. (looks around warily for giant fish)
The Gravedigger: It might not be a tree.
Maybe something trying to look like one.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Azir: d20s
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+11 perception check to see if I can spot any evidence that the little tree might be something pretending to be a tree
(
10
)
+11
=
21
Apheori (GM): It's glowing slightly.
You aren't close enough to see in the hole, but maybe it's like that? You don't know.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Gaurav: Is the hole is at the roots of the big tree?
Apheori (GM): Pretty much.
Frezak (GM): Shoot the tree!
Rhu: Griebel: do your flock of seagulls thing!
Greibel: And I raaaan
I raaan so faaar awaaaaat
y*
Wait, maybe that's the wrong band...
Greibel turns into birds
Greibel sends one bird out to search the tree
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Apheori (GM): The bird approaches the tree. Hello, tree. Nice tree. It lands. It seems normal enough. A little bit ill, a little bit lush, but not something dangerous. Smells just fine. Feels just fine.
The flock of Greibel all sort of just falls asleep.
Azir, Rhu: d20s
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
10
)
=
10
The Gravedigger: There.
See.
THat's not normal.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Apheori (GM): Azir: You feel the hole calling to you, not in words, but in a sense that it is important, you need to get closer, to see it. You must go to it...
Ganelon: Oh boy.
I hope that innkeeper was wrong.
The porridge sits on Greibel's seat emitting an aura of loneliness.
Rhu reaches out and pats the porridge reassuringly.
The porridge oozes over to one of the birds and partially envelops it in a strange sort of hug.
Aziraphale fidgets
The porridge cowers away from Rhu's hand.
Rhu withdraws his hand
The Gravedigger: Someone poke the rest of Greibel, would you ?
Ganelon: I don't know how to wake up birds, but I'll give it a shot.
Rhu: OY BIRDS
WAKE UP
Apheori (GM): The birds neglect to wake up.
Frezak (GM): Drive the CAR back and see if that works.
Dammit. No, the bird will still be on the tree.
If we;.. stab him or something, would he reform in the car?
Rhu: Maybe if we knock it off the tree?
I think I have a slingshot.
Apheori (GM): Azir, Rhu, Greibel: d20s.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
17
)
=
17
Ganelon: I don't have anything that could grab him.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
...
Apheori (GM): The bird on the tree falls off on its own and tumbles into the hole.
Ganelon: Nooooo
Gaurav: uhoh
Wen: I peer into the hole cautiously
Apheori (GM): Azir: The call of the hole is overpowering. You're not close enough to see in properly, and you must see in properly, you must.
Without realising what you're doing, you climb out of the car thing and fall to the ground.
Wen: I crawl on the ground
Rhu: Azir!
Damnit.
Radek: Oh, great.
Rhu lands CAR as close to Azir as I can
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Ganelon: The bird didn't vanish, right?
Apheori (GM): You don't know. You still can't see in.
Well, not down.
You need to get closer to the edge, which is, conveniently or otherwise, where Azir seems to be going.
Radek: Gravy, hold him back.
Gaurav: If there's enough space between Azir and the tree in the direction he's crawling, I land CAR between them
Frezak (GM): I want to jump ONTO azir.
Wen: I try to crawl around it
Frezak (GM): Bodyslam thing.
Apheori (GM): o_O
Ganelon: Like a wrestler.
Apheori (GM): Okay... how do we determine if it smashes him?
Frezak (GM): Well.
First, is Azir actually crawling?
Or walking?
Wen: it'll probably be difficult to kill me if you just land on me since I'm wearing armour
Apheori (GM): He's crawling. He seems to have been rather hurt by the initial fall already.
Ganelon: I have things to fix injuries.
Frezak (GM): So if he's moving so slowly I can just drop onto him, no?
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Frezak (GM): So, i'll just do that then?
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Everyone: d20s
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
12
)
=
12
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
11
)
=
11
Apheori (GM): Greibel wakes up partially and starts making funny bird noises.
Azir: You wonder what the hell you're doing.
Also there's something really large on top of you.
Aziraphale wonders what the hell he is doing
Aziraphale tries to sit up and look at what's on top of him
Gaurav: Is Greibel still a flock?
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You look into the hole and see water partway down. It looks disappointingly normal.
Gaurav: Yes.
Wen: Am I still crawling?
Apheori (GM): You can't.
Gravy's in the way.
By which I mean on top of you.
Wen: Am I sane now?
Apheori (GM): Saner.
Wen: Oh good.
Aziraphale: Hey, Gravy, get off me, I feel better now.
Apheori (GM): You still want to know what's in it, though. It still feels important. You just have more of a presence of mind to wonder what the hell.
Or something along those lines.
The Gravedigger: Promise not to start running into that hole?
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
15
)
=
15
Apheori (GM): Azir: You feel like you don't need to run into the hole.
Aziraphale: Probably not.
Gaurav: Did Azir take any damage from jumping out of CAR at twenty feet? Or from having Gravy jump onto him?
The Gravedigger: Hmm.
Frezak (GM): I'll get up, but keep close in case he runs again.
Apheori (GM): Some.
Greibel: You can wake up properly now.
Wen: Can / should I heal myself?
Rhu: So: investigate the hole on foot? And hope we don't all fall asleep?
Aziraphale: I think it'll be a better idea if two people take a look.
And that two people shouldn't include me.
Frezak (GM): You know what.
We have rope.
Tie it around one guy. Preferably someoen light.
Aziraphale: I think dropping anyone down the sinkhole is a bad idea.
Ropes won't stop... time portals.
Or whatever that is.
Frezak (GM): And have me and whoever's left to yank in case they run or jump.
Radek: Let's start with something useless.
The Gravedigger: What, throw a rock?
Radek glances at Greibel. "Like... a rock. Yes."
Rhu: ... can Greibel turn into a giant spider? Spiders are good at holes. Or tunnels, at any rate.
The Gravedigger: It looked like it had water at the bottom.
If there's a magic ripping hole in there, it's invisible.
Aziraphale: Isn't one part of Greibel already _in_ the hole?
Ganelon: Can we see a bird down there?
Aziraphale: It might have drowned. It might have fallen through time.
Frankly I have no idea
Rhu: I could go with the rope tied around me. I'm pretty light. Or lithe.
Apheori (GM): You don't have a full view in. Do you want to get close enough to see?
Wen: I reiterate that I think it's better if two people go, instead of all of us.
Apheori (GM): Also the gulls are still just sort of sitting around the seat and floor or the car.
Frezak (GM): Is Greibel just sitting there making noises?
Apheori (GM): Pretty much.
Frezak (GM): I volunteer to look.
Since I'm apparently least likely to go crayzay.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Radek, Azir: d20s.
Ganelon: I'll have your back.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
19
)
=
19
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Rhu: Yes, but *if* Gravy goes crazy, we're screwed. None of us can hold him down.
Wen: crap.
That's a fair point.
er, IG.
Apheori (GM): Azir, Radek: You really want to see what's in there.
Wen: Gahhh
Rhu: I'm happy to let them go, and for the rest of us to hang back as backup.
Aziraphale fidgets, but since it's happened before, he's more aware of it this time
Frezak (GM): As soon as Azir moves I tackle him again.
Since I was waiting for this.
Oh, right.
Gaurav: A Gravy tackle is a sight to behold.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so Azir is tackled.
Ganelon: Eh, Radek's getting impatient. He'll get closer.
The Gravedigger: SOMEONE GRAB RADEK
I have my hands full of paladin here.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: d20
Radek: I'll be fine!
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
8
)
=
8
Radek: I'm coated in the stuff of time and non-existence.
The Gravedigger: FINE THEN
Rhu: Good point.
If we want to do the rope thing, we need to do that NOW and then back away. Otherwise we're all going to get mentally dragged into the hole.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You approach the edge. Roll perception.
Radek: Just a sec.
Ganelon: OOC.
I think I know what my perception mod is but I don't want to guess.
Apheori (GM): 7
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+7
(
7
)
+7
=
14
Yep. Thank you.
Rhu: +1 for being within five spaces of me?
Ganelon: Oh.
Then it's 15.
Apheori (GM): You peer into the hole. It looks like a normal sinkhole full of water. It's actually quite pretty.
With shades of blue and green fading to black at its depths...
Ganelon: Is there a rock or something I could toss in?
As I seem to still exist.
Rhu: If you can't find out, you could throw in one of those mysterious coins we found earlier.
Apheori (GM): There are rocks.
Sorry, chrome died.
It actually looks a little something like this, but deeper and more water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sink_hole.jpg
And no stairs and crap, obviously.
Gaurav: Pretty.
Ganelon: Pretty indeed.
Okay, so I'll chuck a rock towards it and observe.
Wen: Very pretty.
Gaurav: Is it that big? I imagined something 2-3m across.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
It's big.
The rock goes in as expected, with a slight splace.
splash
Then it bobs back up to the surface and floats.
There is no sign of a seagull anywhere.
Radek: Alright, hand me a rope.
Rhu:
rolling d20+11 perception check away from the sink hole, to see if anything else -- particularly anything on the tree -- responded to the splash
(
11
)
+11
=
22
Apheori (GM): The edges are kind of like this all the way around, though. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mosul_Dam_sinkhole.jpg
Rhu: You notice the gull in the tree.
Rhu: Hey! Isn't that a bit of Greibel?
Apheori (GM): You look again and the gull is gone.
Rhu: Right th-- hey, where did it go?
Gaurav: The rest of Greibel is still here, though, right? Can he still sense what's going on with the one missing gull?
Apheori (GM): His mind appears to be elsewhere.
Where, I couldn't quite say.
Apheori (GM) glares at Bear Soup Guy.
Ganelon: Hint hint.
Apheori (GM): Gan: You may have a rope of your own, if all else fails. After all, this is very interesting.
Very, very interesting.
Azir, Rhu, Radek: d20s.
And Gravy.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Gaurav:
rolling d20
(
5
)
=
5
eep
Ganelon: Well, I want something to secure it to.
I'm not diving into this hole unless you force me to do it.
Rhu ties one end of my rope to CAR and throws the other end to Radek
Rhu: Catch!
Ganelon: There we go.
Apheori (GM): You do want to dive into the hole, or part of you seems to... and now you have a rope...
Wen: tie it to yourself first
is Gravy still securing me?
Frezak (GM): Probably.
Ganelon: Yeah, I'll hastily tie it around my waist and go for it.
Rhu: No no tie it properly
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You start following the rope as well and stare into the hole. As you do, you feel like all of your problems just fade away. All of the horror of the past few days just melts...
Rhu: and we might want to secure this end to both CAR and Gravy. CAR is great and all but Gravy is the stablest.
Apheori (GM): Azir: You feel slightly claustrophobic.
Aziraphale fidgets
Rhu: That water looks really cool and refreshing ... maybe a short swim will help us think about this problem better?
Apheori (GM): There's a tree.
TREE TREE TREE.
Gaurav: I don't trust tree. What if it vanishes? Or puts us to sleep?
Apheori (GM): Who knows!
Radek dives into the hole.
The rope goes taught a couple feet above the water.
Rhu: The water. So relaxing.
Apheori (GM): Nothing really interesting happens, except for it digging into him a bit uncomfortably as a result.
Frezak (GM): Gah.
Ganelon: Bungee jumping whoo!
Except with zero elasticity!
Frezak (GM): SHort of beating everyone senseless I can't stop people going down there.
Apheori (GM): Gan, Gravy: d20
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
14
)
=
14
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
I LOVE THIS HOLE
Apheori (GM): You love the hole.
It's a wonderful hole.
Radek: THIS HOLE IS GREAT!
Apheori (GM): It's everything to you.
Radek: Lower the car!
I haven't hit the surface yet!
Apheori (GM): You feel like you could be one with the hole. All of the hole. The hole.
Gaurav: I want to go back to the car and drive it a bit closer so that Radek can be lowered further, but I guess I'm compelled to get closer to the hole? Can I roll fortitude or something to resist?
Apheori (GM): On the seat, where nobody is paying attention, a porridge-wrapped seagull fidgets.
Do it.
Wen: Please notice the seagull
Ganelon: Not fortitude, endurance.
Gaurav: Ah okay, that makes more sense.
Apheori (GM): Well, you could roll a straight up sanity here.
But that may have better odds.
Rhu:
rolling d20+1 endurance check to fight the desire to head for the water so I can go drive the car closer
(
10
)
+1
=
11
not by much
Apheori (GM): You don't want to move away.
Rhu fidgets, but stays where he is.
Apheori (GM): Well, the sanity could have the opposite effect.
Soll it!
Roll.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
10
)
=
10
nothing if not consistent
Apheori (GM): No effect!
Rhu fidgets.
Ganelon: Curse your reliability.
Apheori (GM): Azir, Gravy!
Ganelon: I'm still dangling here.
Wen: I'm still fidgeting
Frezak (GM): I might as well just pitch everyone into the hole at this point.
Apheori (GM): Well, do something.
Wen: can I do a sanity roll?
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
8
)
=
8
Apheori (GM): You want the hole.
Wen: Bah.
Apheori (GM): Roll again.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Wen: >_>
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Nothing interesting there.
Wen: Oh.
Frezak (GM): *sigh*
Well apparently we're gonna end up in this hole regardless.
I'll just drive the car down there.
Apheori (GM): All the way down?
With Radek hanging off it on a rope?
Ganelon: I guess that means I hit the water first.
Frezak (GM): He's a few feet from the water.
Apheori (GM): Hanging off a rope attached to the car.
Actually...
Radek: As the water gets closer...
Roll a d20.
Frezak (GM): So?
He'll just plop into the water.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
10
)
=
10
Apheori (GM): He plops into the water.
Can Radek swim?
Ganelon: He doesn't need to breathe anymore.
Apheori (GM): Oh, good point.
Okay, does he swim?
Ganelon: Nah. This hole has depths that must be plumbed.
Frezak (GM): Roll to wallow.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Ganelon: Unless he also floats. Then he could try to swim down.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
16
)
=
16
Ganelon: Although I imagine he's far from an accomplished athlete.
Apheori (GM): Radek sinks. It's dark and watery and fairly clear. There is very little of interest.
Gaurav: Yeah, you'd float if you have enough fat on you. But he's got a bunch of metal things?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You recover and do whatever you feel like now.
But the rock he threw in is still floating.
Wen: So the water's pretty dense.
Apheori (GM): It looks normal, though. The ripples look like... ripples.
Rhu blinks
Frezak (GM): I'll throw some random bit of junk into the water.
Apheori (GM): Azir: d20. Gravy's off you.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Wen: crap.
Apheori (GM): What random bit of junk?
Rhu: He's fallen in the water.
Frezak (GM): One of my... handaxes.
Rhu: We have coins and stuff.
Might be worth less than a handax.
Apheori (GM): Azir: You see bones.
Sticking out of the ground.
Piled up.
Littered about.
Wen: I examine the bones
Ganelon: Hm.
Apheori (GM): The handaxe sails into the hole and disappears.
Ganelon: You guys are throwing axes at the hole when I'm inside it?
Rhu walks away from the sinkhole, up towards the tree, and examines it.
Ganelon: You dicks!
Apheori (GM): Gan: You're hanging in the water. You see a handax drift down nearby.
Rhu:
rolling d20+11 perception check to examine tree
(
16
)
+11
=
27
Wen: Do I still feel an irresistible urge to go into the hole/
Apheori (GM): The axe disappears.
Ganelon: Uh oh.
Apheori (GM): Wen: Yes, but the bones are distracting you for the moment.
Ganelon: I'll climb this rope to the surface.
Apheori (GM): Azir: They look like bones.
Wen: I call out to the others and mention the bones
Aziraphale: Hey, guys, there are bones here.
Wen: can I do a perception check to see if they're real?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's a tree! It's dead. It's been dead for awhile. Nothing's really eaten it. Rain hasn't rotted it. The little tree is still glowing.
Radek: Who just threw an axe at me!?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You realise the water is also glowing.
Frezak (GM): What kind of bones?
Apheori (GM): Wen: Totally.
Leg bones!
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
16
)
+3
=
19
Frezak (GM): Are they attached to thigh bones?
And I /tossed/ and axe into WATER.
Apheori (GM): Azir: They seem to be made of plastic.
Aziraphale: Guys, there are plastic bones here!
Gaurav: How high up is the little tree?
Apheori (GM): 20ft or something.
Gaurav: BSG is still MIA right?
Wen: looks like it :/
Radek: Plastic bones? Who cares!
The axe disappeared!
Gaurav: Can we hear Radek through our headset-things? Or do those not work underwater?
Apheori (GM): He climbed out.
Ganelon: At the very least his head is above the water.
Frezak (GM): Plastic bones?
The Gravedigger: That... sounds like a decoy.
Aziraphale: Come look!
The Gravedigger plods over to test the bones for plasticity.
Wen: GM: I don't know if they see them or not
Apheori (GM): They don't see them.
Frezak (GM): I am clearly a bone expert.
Wen: I expected as much
Aziraphale sweeps his arms to point at the bones all around them
Frezak (GM): The bones that I cant see?
Aziraphale: You can't see them?
Rhu: Radek: what does the water smell like?
The Gravedigger: GODS FUCKING DAMMIT.
THIS IS HOPELESS.
I'm gonna go back and become a helpful member of some community.
Ganelon: Can I smell?
Like, at all?
Apheori (GM): Gan: Nope.
Azir, Gravy: d20s.
Aziraphale:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Radek: You tell me! I can't smell things!
Wen: uh oh
Rhu: When some people start seeing bones that others can't see, always check for giant fish, that's my motto.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
2
)
=
2
Apheori (GM): Azir: You ignore the bones and walk back to the sinkhole.
Gravy follows. It looks so... nice...
A way home. A way out of this. A way to just go somewhere away from the crazy...
Rhu looks around, sees that everybody except Griebel is walking towards the hole
Rhu: HEY!
Aziraphale: I want to go in.
I really want to go in.
(To Wen): This is the point where you can dive in.
Aziraphale: I think I should go in.
Rhu: WAIT! COME BACK!
Rhu gets back into CAR
Ganelon: I can... try to stop him.
Aziraphale walks towards the hole while taking off the more unwieldy bits of his gear
Aziraphale sits down at the edge of the hole
Aziraphale looks down
Aziraphale: Yes. I think I should.
Come, the rest of you, why don't you?
Radek: If that water made an axe disappear, I'd encourage you to think about what it'll do to you.
Aziraphale: It looks so nice... peaceful.
What can it do? I'm insane and seeing bones y'all can't see. We got jumped to another planet. Everyone on Sarathi is dead.
Well... if you're not following...
Aziraphale edges forward and dives
Rhu mutters something under his breath
Apheori (GM): Azir hits the water with a splash.
There's a horrible sucking squelching noise.
Apheori (GM): The water level suddenly starts lowering until it all drains out the bottom... leaving a dry stone base a few hundred feet down.
Radek falls back to the end of the rope.
Aziraphale is just... gone.
Radek: I warned him.
Wen: I did take off my gear. So you have at least a spare sword and whatever other thingies.
Rhu gasps, then quickly mumbles a prayer to Hazz'ridan
Gaurav: Ah, that's why you did that! If you've been trasnported somewhere, you're now without protection and weapons, though.
Apheori (GM): What sort of prayer?
This might be important!
Wen: I'm not sure if this was where I got killed off. Up to the GM.
Apheori (GM) smacks Wen.
Wen: ow.
Frezak (GM): "Make sure that he cannot go anywhere and is stuck forever without progression?"
A god of Dead Ends isn't really gonna be too useful here >.>
Gaurav: It's a spur-of-the-moment prayer-of-protection thing, like you might teach a kid who's scared of the monsters under his bed
Frezak (GM): Oh, the Soldier's Prayer.
Gaurav: Rhu's just kind of panicking here
Wen: something about how it's not really death, I just got an express ticket to the dead end
If you recognise the reference, I salute you.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: "Worshipful-Hazz'ridan-keeper-of-ends-guide-and-protect-me-until-the-end" kind of thing
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Hazz'ridan blesses you with your mind back.
Gaurav: My mind was ... not back?
Apheori (GM): It was only mostly back.
It seemed back, but it wasn't.
Ganelon: It always seems backer than it is.
Gaurav: Gan: hahaha
Apheori (GM): Now it's really back - like how it was bfor all it this started.
Gaurav: Aph: so what is new in my mind?
Apheori (GM): You're surrounded by CRAZY EVERYWHERE.
Also the hole is actually visible now.
Gaurav: HOLY CRAP
Wen: Ah, no wonder. I completely butchered the reference. But do carry on.
Apheori (GM): It's a strange little rippling thing in the air, not far from where Radek is hanging.
That's the real hole.
The rest just sort of... happened on top of it.
Rhu blinks
Rhu blinks again. The hole is still there.
Rhu goes down on one knee and prays to Hazz'ridan to reveal the truth to all his companions
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You feel a warm, loving embrace of TENTACLES EVERYWHERE/
.
Rhu: Mm, tentacular.
Apheori (GM): You're not really sure what to make of this.
Gaurav: After everything that's happened in the last few days, Rhu is perfectly happy to take warmth and love where he can.
Apheori (GM): Anyway, Radek sees it too: a shimmering rift in space.
Gaurav: Plus, clearly, something deep and religiously meaningful is going on. Rhu didn't believe in an active god who does more than work through his servants, but ... he's starting to now.
Radek: Hmph.
Rhu: Not sure if his prayer worked, Rhu describes what he can see to his companions. He leaves out the bit about the tentacles, though.
Radek: Now this is more like it.
Ganelon: May I inspect this rift, magically?
Apheori (GM): Gravy would see it if he actually looked. I dunno what he's up to.
You totally can.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
3
)
+10
=
13
Nnooooo
Apheori (GM): Also the seagulls start dancing.
Frezak (GM): I don't know what I'm up to either.
Apheori (GM): Gan: It seems to be a... rift in space!
Radek: This, my... companions, is a rift in space.
The Gravedigger: Great.
Radek: That's all I can tell you about it.
The Gravedigger: So it's a hole, like the willagers said.
Rhu: Well, we found it. At terrible cost, but we found it.
The Gravedigger: Azi might be haging around naked on the other side.
Frezak (GM): Did he leave his radio?
Rhu: Oooh, perhaps.
Apheori (GM): Yes. >.<
Frezak (GM): Bleh.
So what now?
Rhu prays to Hazz'ridan to keep Azir safe. He's really getting into this praying lark.
Rhu: Let's maybe send a single bird through THIS rift and hope that it doesn't take Griebel out again?
Apheori (GM): Considering Griebel is still out...
You could totally grab a bird and chuck it through.
Frezak (GM): I tihnk a bird is probably already through.
Since I don't think we've seen the missing one?
Ganelon: Would that be like tearing pieces of his consciousness off and throwing them into another dimension?
Apheori (GM): Quite possibly.
Ganelon: I mean, I'm not too clear on how swarms of animals... work.
Apheori (GM): Granny Weatherwax did it.
Sort of.
Frezak (GM): Well in D&D swarms can't normally split off bits.
Unless it's a result of damage or something.
Apheori (GM): Everyone: Roll perception.
Rhu:
rolling d20+11 perception chek
(
7
)
+11
=
18
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+7
(
8
)
+7
=
15
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
10
)
+8
=
18
Ganelon: Er, +1 again.
Rhu: everybody gets +1 if they're within 5 squares of me because of "Group Awareness"
Frezak (GM): Dammit.
19 for me then.
Apheori (GM): Gan: You notice some bits of metal and wood by the rift.
And a feather.
Gaurav: Haha
Apheori (GM): It's windy. And dry.
Some of Radek's coating is starting to seep into the rope.
Ganelon: Oh hell no.
I remove myself from the rope's proximity at once.
And if I can reach those bits safely, I'll head over to look at them.
Apheori (GM): So Radek drops to the ground by the rift. It's oddly charged near it, sort of like static.
The bits appear to be the remains of some shredded twigs and stuff.
Well, the wood, anyway. The metal is less clear.
It's mostly wood, though.
Ganelon: I'll take some back. Whatever's convenient to carry.
Apheori (GM): Some bits of wood and most of the metal, then.
Ganelon: Yeah.
Frezak (GM): I want to examine the metal.
See if it's future-quality.
Apheori (GM): Roll a thingy.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
13
)
+8
=
21
Apheori (GM): It seems to be, yes...
Then you realise it used to be your axe.
Rhu stays the heck away from the mysteriously draining pool and the magical whatsits, but walks up to the edge so he can better hear what the brains of the group make of it.
The Gravedigger: That was my axe.
I don't think that Azi is alive.
Rhu: If Azir is dead, we can ressurrect him from any fragment of his body, if one of those bits are fragments from his body.
If he has been teleported elsehwere or something, then no.
Frezak (GM): Do any of the bits look meaty?
Radek: Do you see any of his parts laying around?
Gaurav: I heard this on the Penny Arcade D&D game, so I don't know how true it is.
Apheori (GM): No parts lying around.
Except a feather.
...probably not Azir's.
Gaurav: haha
Frezak (GM): This is no pit of acid.
Ganelon: It's true.
Frezak (GM): Only one thing to do.
Loot Azir's stuff.
Ganelon: Yeah, I guess so.
Wen: Sword, knives, coin
Rhu looks for his religious implement -- maybe I can return it to his order, or talk to one of Hazz'ridan's priests about getting it to someone who needs it.
Wen: sarathi communicator
Rhu: his -> Azir's
Frezak (GM): Load everything into the car.
Wen: ... not sure about other stuff. General armour headgear and crap.
Frezak (GM): Actually.
Is there any water left?
Apheori (GM): You mean one of Carriya's priests?
Frezak (GM): We can always trade plate armour.
That shit's expensive.
Ganelon: We most certainly can.
Frezak (GM): especially future-forged plate.
Apheori (GM): All of the water is gone.
Well, you may have some with you.
But the sinkhole water is gone.
Frezak (GM): I mean specifically the hole water.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): I was gonna soak something in it and throw it trhough the portal to see if it would emerge unshredded.
On the off-chance that the water would had protected Azi.
But, eh.
Take his shit and bugger off.
Unless anyone has any ideas what to do here.
Gaurav: Good thinking.
Rhu looks up to see if the little tree is still glowing.
Ganelon: No ideas remain.
Apheori (GM): The tree looks like a tree, not really glowing now, but protected by magic. Normal magic. Druid magic.
Rhu: Huh.
Frezak (GM): Protected by Greibel magic or some other druid's magic?
Apheori (GM): Some other druid. Greibel is a flock of lethargic gulls.
Frezak (GM): oh.
Well that explains the warning.
Rhu: Dancing, lethargic gulls? Or have they stopped dancing?
Apheori (GM): The stopped dancing.
y
Frezak (GM): How long does your language ritual last, Gan?
Gaurav: What warning? The tree with "guard" written on it?
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
I'm guessing the tree is a meant to knock out people that try to get near the hole.
It's stopping people from getting shredded, or something.
Rhu: Strange place to put it, then. And the sign could have been clearer about which tree. We are in the middle of a forest.
Oh, maybe some of those squiggles meant "the tree that glows"
the water glowed too. Maybe it was also part of some kind of protection system?
In which case, is anybody nervous that we seem to be turning all the protection systems off?
Ganelon: A day, Frezak.
Frezak (GM): Well we could poke around and look for a druid.
And there was that shiny crap near the mutant bird.
Rhu looks up at the sky to estimate what the time of day might be.
Apheori (GM): It's around midday.
This feels wrong, somehow.
Rhu: The time feels wrong?
Apheori (GM): It should be later. Wasn't it around midday when you got here? You're not really sure.
Frezak (GM): It was?
I thought it was a few minutes trip.
Apheori (GM): You dallies around a bit. It may not have been.
Dallied.
Before going.
It seems right to Gravy, then.
But Gravy ain't Rhu.
Frezak (GM): Eh.
At this point anything that feels wrong is probably right.
Ganelon: Everything is quite wrong.
Frezak (GM): So, what now?
Ganelon: Dunno! To the town?
Gaurav: I thought we left the inn at dawn, hung out with the villagers for 30 mins, and then took no more than an hour to get here. So midday sounds about right to me, too.
Rhu: I would agree with going to town, but ... since we're here, shouldn't we investigate this rift? It might have something to do with Sarathi. Reality breaking down and all that. Although to be honest, this rift is much better behaved than Sarathi was.
The Gravedigger: What can we do with this?
I've no idea.
Rhu: Poke it with a stick? See if it destroys the stick, any how.
The Gravedigger: Well it fucked up my axe.
You try something.
Apheori (GM): I bet Radek has even fancier ideas.
Ganelon: Distracted. One sec.
Rhu: I'm going to throw stones at it.
Rhu throws stones at the rift.
Ganelon: As a player I actually haven't got many.
I don't have a ritual for this.
Apheori (GM): The first couple are shredded. Another bounces off. One of them just sort of disappears.
You could throw magic dust at it or something.
...I dunno.
Ganelon: Magic dust is crazy valuable.
I can't get it just anywhere.
Apheori (GM): I mean you have other things that might react differently, or specially, or something.
Ganelon: Hm.
Apheori (GM): You could totally establish a spectrum of reagents and then perform a binary search on the effects to discern a... thingy.
Thing.
Apheori (GM) babbles.
Ganelon: Hm.
Rhu prays to Hazz'ridan for wisdom in dealing correctly with this dangerous rift.
Ganelon: I will use... my daily.
Frezak (GM): The eyebot?
Apheori (GM): Daily?
Rhu: Here's what I have: an old journal (which maybe Radek can read now that our minds have been restored), a ceramic tile from the village roof, a half-digested light fixture
and a string of beads left on my car seat this morning
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Dammit, why could you not have been a cleric?
Rhu: Because we already had a leader
Ganelon: Okay.
Rhu examines the string of beads closely.
Ganelon: This is the Punishing Eye.
In combat, it is a robot that flies around and zaps enemies when you guys attack them.
I will use it as a camera.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+7 religion check to see if the beads have any religious significance
(
3
)
+7
=
10
Ganelon: May I do this?
Gaurav: To be fair, there isn't a *whole* lot a cleric can do on paper than I can't do. Our main power is abjure undead.
Frezak (GM): Clerics heal, Avengers smite, basically.
Gaurav: I think the DM is hinting that we should be trying the things we have. The eye might just get disintegrated like me stones.
Frezak (GM): Flavour-wise, they're both holy guys that do shit for thier god.
Gaurav: Yes, but religiously. I have a +7 religion check; a cleric might be a bit higher, but not a _huge_ difference.
Ganelon: Well, my other option is basically to attack it with arcane magic.
Frezak (GM): Actually, no.
The Cleric in my game has very low religion, since it's an Int skill.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The rift is a dead end. This is a world of dead ends, with ends getting ever deader as time goes on. Hazz'ridan should be pleased, but he is not, for they are not his dead ends. They are something else entirely, and this is very, very bad. You should get to the bottom of it, because the other gods seem inclined to utterly ignore it and you're the first mortal of his to have even gone near it.
Ganelon: Yeah, but she's also kinda just winging it.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The beads might hold such significance. You're not sure, but there is a bit of magic about them. It could be divine.
Gan: You can totally do the eye thing. What happens if it gets wrecked, though?
Frezak (GM): But generally clerics don't have more than 12 Int.
He has infinite eyes.
He can just make another over the course of the day.
Ganelon: I can rebuild it, but tomorrow.
Apheori (GM): Excellent for him.
Okay.
Ganelon: It sees nothing after entering the rift?
Frezak (GM): WILBUR
GO FORTH
Apheori (GM): Did you do that?
Gaurav: Ah, true.
hahaha
Apheori (GM): Roll a thing first if it even gets into the rift. >.<
Sorry.
Ganelon: A d20?
Apheori (GM): Sure, I dunno.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Pfft.
Apheori (GM): It bounces off.
GOOD JOB.
Rhu: Oh phew.
Ganelon: Can I... recover it?
Rhu: Try again?
Apheori (GM): Can those things survive hitting the ground? Because if so, why not.
Frezak (GM): There are rules for the.. resistance of Constructs.
it's tough.
It can take a couple of lasers or fireballs.
Apheori (GM): Give it another go, then.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
12
)
=
12
Apheori (GM): IT GOES IN.
Ganelon: The daily aspect of this thing assumes it's run out of power after shooting lasers at things for an entire fight.
So it's pretty sturdy but runs out of... I guess some kind of magical battery quite fast.
The entire thing is far from irreplaceable, though.
Apheori (GM): How does it see?
Rhu: Woo!
Ganelon: I'd like to say, through a camera.
I mean, the game only cares about how it fights, and it operates independent of me controlling it there.
Apheori (GM): What kind of camera?
Okay, so it flies in and is sort of surrounded by horrible darkness. It's horrible, right?
It's just floating in horrible.
Ganelon: A... magical one? Lenses and all that, certainly, but it has to "think" for itself.
Apheori (GM): It flies around the horrible, encountering more horrible darkness.
Ganelon: And that part is most definitely magical.
Apheori (GM): I assume it's reporting back to you somehow?
Ganelon: Yeah.
So if that connection remains unbroken, I would experience the horrible.
Frezak (GM): Great.
Apheori (GM): Neat.
It bounces off something.
Then there's light everywhere and it's tumbling through the light.
It's on a beach.
Sand. Sea. Palm trees.
Ganelon: Any signs of our poor paladin?
Apheori (GM): Pile of dead spikey sea creatures nearby.
Rhu: Any ... giant fish?
Apheori (GM): Tracks belonging to... well, you have no idea, but they ain't his.
No giant fish..
Radek: Fascinating. Also, horrible.
But it does seem that some manner of stable environment exists on the other side of this rift.
Apheori (GM): Also the palm trees are dead.
Like they were just dried out suddenly.
So it wasn't immediately apparent.
Radek: It's in no better shape.
The Gravedigger: Not much use unless you have idea how to get trhough safely.
Since being shredded is still possible.
Apheori (GM): The rift on this side is enormous.
The Gravedigger: And I don't want to be shredded.
Radek: ...Oh my.
We're looking at a much larger hole on the other side.
Apheori (GM): It stretches across the beach, into the waves, which just sort of slice around it, and up the sky and overhead.
The light is darker than it should be , and getting darker, shifting to purple...
Reality folds in on itself.
Ganelon: ...Communications cut?
Gaurav: Reality on that side or this side?
Ganelon: I should sincerely hope that one.
Apheori (GM): That side.
And, well, everything is dark. But you think it's still there. Somewhere.
Gaurav: Phew.
Radek: We... are going to want to close this.
And I'm going to need a new robot.
(To Rhu): You definitely want to close this. You god has very nearly commanded it. Or as close as he ever gets to commanding anything.
Apheori (GM): The darkness this time is different from the previous one.
It appears to just be a dark... room?
Gaurav: Hazz'ridan would see a dead end here where the roads cut across space and time. We must close this.
Ganelon: Hm.
Gaurav: Er, that was supposed to be Rhu, sorry.
Ganelon: I'll have it shoot the laser. That ought to produce light.
Rhu: He wills it.
Apheori (GM): The laser reveals it to be a large cave, full of stalagtagamiteses.
...you know what I mean.
Ganelon: I do.
Radek: First a beach, now a cave...
Apheori (GM): There's no visible rift here, but the space around seems to ripple in shimmer in the light before it goes out.
Ganelon: Well, it can't exactly power the weapon for long enough to really get anywhere as a source of light.
Apheori (GM): Does it move?
Ganelon: I suppose, while it's still active.
Apheori (GM): As it moves it encounters pockets of more and less resistance. The air is funny, but also the space is funny.
Then it passes through a thinner patch and it's somewhere else once again.
This looks like Sarathi. Same style of architecture, same sort of technology, at least. It's in a building, in an open area full of tables and rubble and sunlight.
Some overgrown plants reach toward the openings in the walls and ceiling.
The connection, however, is getting tenuous at best, as though it has been getting further and further away with each passage...
Ganelon: Let's see if it can get outside and take a look at the sky.
Before we lose it.
Apheori (GM): It heads out one of the holes in the wall, revealing a vista that very definitely is Sarathi. This city, however, it utterly demolished. Few buildings remain past their foundations, as though they had collapsed after a a great battle.
The sky, however, is ordinary enough. A bit of a smoky haze lies around the horizons. Billowy clouds drift overhead.
Three moons are also visible.
But didn't Sarathi only have two moons?
Ganelon: Interesting.
Well, there's certainly nowhere for the thing to go.
Gaurav: Look for more holes? It looks like there's a place -- the beach -- where all the holes intersect, and there's a little hole here and a big one (or many little ones?) on Sarathi but maybe the beach world is where we'll have to go to shut this whole thing down.
Ganelon: If there's even anything left of it by the time we get there.
Frezak (GM): I'm not going into any of those unless I'm sure i'm not going to end up as Purina Gravy.
Gaurav: We could close up this hole and then go look for Sarathi again, see if we can figure out how to close the hole situation there. It's a band-aid solution, but fixing all of space and time seems a bit beyond a bunch of level 1 adventurers anyway.
Ganelon: Well, we
Apheori (GM): Oh, that reminds me. You should all level up.
Ganelon: We've gotta KILL THINGS to level, usually
Although solving mysteries is another way.
Frezak (GM): The chickens were already dead.
Apheori (GM): Gan: You lose the connection entirely. The thing is gone.
Radek: Blast.
Well, it reached Sarathi, and the sky was much more agreeable this time.
The place is utterly destroyed. Although, I wouldn't assume that it discovered the planet at the same "present" we are enjoying right now.
Rhu: Yes. I think we should try to close this hole now, then see if we can't find a city and report back to HQ on all this holes business.
Radek: I don't think there *is* a city to find here.
We should count ourselves lucky if this planet is simply underdeveloped, and not in the past itself.
The Gravedigger: Any of what you'd call technology on this world is not native.
Rhu: Oh, right. The past.
Apheori (GM): There's a bit of a gurgling bubbling noise.
Rhu looks around for the source of the noise
Apheori (GM): Water has started seeping back into the hole.
Ganelon: Huh.
I'll gladly take a sample of that.
Rhu: From where?
Ganelon: I assume from below.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you're like in the bottom of this deep hole basin thing.
It's seeping back out of the bottom.
Not very quickly, though.
But enough to be gurgly.
Frezak (GM): Is the water... weird at all?
Glowing?
Smell funny?
Apheori (GM): It's muddy. Looks normal.
Smells a bit like sulfur.
Sulphur in english?
Oh, whatever.
Frezak (GM): Did it smell like that before?
Apheori (GM): Not really.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Ganelon: Either form is acceptable.
I'll still take some just to be sure.
Gaurav: We don't know: Radek was the only one close enough to smell it, and he doesn't smell.
Frezak (GM): So we've learnt that the hole goes somewhere else.
That there are holes of different sizes. Possibly interconnected.
Rhu: Hazz'ridan, God of Dead Ends, is displeased by this state of affairs and would like us to close this hole. He would like this very, very much.
The Gravedigger: Well maybe he could tell us how.
Else he can go bury himself.
Rhu: I'll ask him.
Rhu prays to Hazz'ridan, maker of ends, for wisdom in the ways of closing rifts in space and time.
Apheori (GM): Hazz'ridan says he has no fucking idea and frankly this is the first time anyone has even gotten this far with the whole mess.
Radek: I couldn't care less what your god would like us to do, but in the interests of my own survival, I'm closing this hole.
Gaurav: Do I hear his hallowed voice in my head, or does everybody hear it bellow across the land?
Apheori (GM): In your head.
Hazz'ridan also says you should try to find out.
Rhu: Hazz'ridan is alas unable to help us, but encourages us to find a way. He says nobody else has ever gotten this far to sorting this mess out so I guess we're ahead of the crowd there.
Apheori (GM): And then maybe if you could be so good as to beat Kyrule over the head with it, everything can go back to fine and normal with good and proper dead ends like there are supposed to be.
The Gravedigger: So your god is as clueless as us.
WHoop-dee-doo.
Rhu mutters "Amen." to Hazz'ridan under his breath.
Radek: So we need to do all the work ourselves. Nothing new there.
Apheori (GM): Where'd everyone go?
Ganelon: I didn't go anywhere.
Apheori (GM): It says you did. o_O
Ghuh. Is Gaurav still here too?
Okay.
Gaurav: Yup!
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Rhu: But seriously, get to the bottom of it, he says. It spans worlds, universes, that were never meant to be connected. You have been pulled from your own and that you wound up here is a greater blessing than you could have imagined. You are not alone here, and this shall not be your dead end.
HE'S HELPED YOU NOW.
Apheori (GM) glares at the app thingy.
The Gravedigger: Well do you have any idea HOW to close it, Radek?
Rhu repeats this to the group
Radek: None. Dealing in spatial instabilities is a hobby of mine at best.
Apheori (GM): Also you
're standing in a layer of water now.
Maybe ankle deep.
Rhu walks out of the hole
Apheori (GM): You need to get into the car.
Rhu gets into the car.
Rhu: Amadi seemed to know a thing or two. I wonder if we could get her back somehow. Maybe if we could figure out where Midnight was.
Or when.
Rhu gets into the driving seat.
Frezak (GM): I'll get back into the car too.
Ganelon: Ditto.
Apheori (GM): The seagulls are asleep, wrapped in porridge.
Radek: Well, she didn't show up while I was working.
Apheori (GM): According to the mechanics, what happens to Greibel's stuff when he's seagulls?
Rhu: Aw. Porridge gulls.
Ganelon: It becomes a part of his form.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Ganelon: Armor still protects him but not shields. It's... weird.
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Frezak (GM): he drops handheld items that are not Implements.
So anything that's not a staff or Totem for him.
Ganelon: I can see why they did it, because otherwise you'd have no end of trouble picking up all your junk every single fight, but still.
Apheori (GM): So potentially there's a bong and crap under the pile of porridge-wrapped gulls?
Or is a bong an implement?
Gaurav: It should be for him, I think :)
Frezak (GM): He probably does have Bong Proficiency.
Ganelon: Yeah. Bong Expertise even, I dare say.
But maybe not Bong Focus
Apheori (GM): Okay, then.
Everyone roll perception.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+8
(
11
)
+8
=
19
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+7+1
(
15
)
+7+1
=
23
Frezak (GM): DAMMIT ANother +1 >.>
Apheori (GM): For some reason the rift seems to be trying to twist away from the water. Like it doesn't like it.
Gaurav:
rolling d20+11 perception check
(
8
)
+11
=
19
Apheori (GM): You guys noticed this.
GOOD JOB.
Ganelon: I have some of this water, yeah?
Frezak (GM): Feels great to have a perception skill for once.
Apheori (GM): Yes you do.
Ganelon: Alright. I'm not throwing it away or anything.
Just making sure.
Frezak (GM): Soak a gull in water and throw it in.
Rhu: Huh. Is the rift low enough that it would have been under water when we got here?
Apheori (GM): It was definitely under water when you got here.
It's near the bottom of the hole.
Frezak: Do you do that?
Frezak (GM): Not if peeps tell me not to.
Rhu: If we just stand back and do nothing, the water is going to cover it in a bit anyway.
And we don't have to sacrifice part of Greibel's soul
Frezak (GM): SO how do we close it?
I'll fill a bottle with this water and fling it into the portal.
Rhu: So: the rift was covered in water it dislikes and with a tree overhead to "guard" it or something. But it didn't work, because this planet has had a bad time of it. So: maybe us uncovering it made it worse? Maybe together they can't be destroyed but once the rift is unprotected it can be? So many questions.
We could go back to the village and try to find someone who understands this better than us.
Radek: It's as good a place to start as any.
Apheori (GM): The bottle bounces off and lands in the rest of the water.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
I'll get the bottle back.
Grab one of the bits of wood. Get that nice and wet.
And toss THAT in.
Gaurav: The DM also suggested earlier that we might already have something that affects the rift in some way. Should we try those before we leave?
Apheori (GM): It goes in.
Frezak (GM): Dammit;
I forgot that sometimes things go in and sometimes they don't, regardles off what they are.
Ganelon: Things I have:
Rhu: Maybe they go in if they're wetted with this watery thing?
- A half digested light fixture (see "Rhu pockets the light fixture." in log)
- An old journal from the better reality
- A ceramic shingle from the Communist village
- A string of beads left for us on the driving seat of CAR
Hey, Radek, do you want to try reading the journal again, now that Hazz'ridan has cleared our minds and allowed us to see the rift?
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Ganelon: - Bombs
- Vials of Alchemist's Fire
- Magic Dust
- Bodily Fluids of a Small Dragon
Frezak (GM): I have... Booze?
Names, is my Booze Shalott or just booze?
Ganelon: I consider all of those things valuable, so I don't want to just go tossing them into a hole-of-no-return all willy-nilly.
Apheori (GM): The water continues to rise, and as someone predicted, finally hits the rift regardless of its vague attempts to avoid it.
The rippling effect spreads through the water, filling it with odd shards of wrongness, as though the water itself took on the properties of the rift.
Ganelon: And I guess I'll take a look at the journal, but I predict zero odds of success.
Ooh, interesting. I want some of that too.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Your booze is magic potions you haven't identifies.
And there's the shalott that went bad, but I dunno who had that.
Ganelon: I told someone to take the bottle.
Apheori (GM): You set aside the journal and get a sample of the weird water, though as it's detached from the rest it goes back to looking the same as ever. This may or may not mean anything.
Ganelon: It means the world to me.
As in "the world is doomed, oh gods".
Rhu: This world seems to be doing okay for now. But whether that's because of the water or inspite of the water remains to be seen.
The Gravedigger: We'd need to check out another hole.
Rhu: Ooooh. I like this plan.
The other idea I had was that we could bust up that glowing tree up there and see if anybody comes to fix it.
Apheori (GM): At some point in all of this Rhu flew y'all out of the hole.
I need you all to roll d20s.
Radek: What is the tree doing?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Rhu: uh oh
rolling d20
(
7
)
=
7
Ganelon: I'm really not doing great with these.
Gaurav: Gan: you just flew a robot through a rift into probably two separate alternate universes and tied us back into our starting storyline. I think you're allowed a couple of lousy rolls.
The Gravedigger:
rolling 1D20
(
6
)
=
6
Ganelon: Good point.
I love that little robot.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so y'all feel the hole calling to you again, and getting stronger the more it fills.
The water is full of shimmers.
But it's not overpowering, and not compelling you to actually do anything.
You just feel it and recognise it.
Rhu: We should maybe get out of here.
Apheori (GM): Although I must say, this could have been really, really bad.
Rhu: Before it gets any stronger.
Radek: Please do.
Gaurav: What could?
Apheori (GM): THIS.
Apheori (GM) cackles.
Rhu takes us 20ft into the air and drives us in the direction of the village.
Gaurav: This roll? This tree? This rift?
This CAR?
Apheori (GM): The situation.
Nevermind.
You see that weird bird with its sparkly things again.
Frezak (GM): Shoot the bird.
Ganelon: I totally could, but why?
Frezak (GM): So we can take it's stuff.
Might be money or gear.
Apheori (GM): Also it's mutated.
And like really big.
Frezak (GM): AND I WANT TO KILL THINGS.
How big?
Apheori (GM): Uh...
Gaurav: We have gone awfully long time without attacking anything :-/
Apheori (GM): Maybe a few meters.
Gaurav: ...
I'm sure we could go back to the village and hunt like wild boar or something
Apheori (GM): Actually I don't know.
Frezak (GM): I'm pretty sure that was not mentioned the first time we saw it.
Apheori (GM): I can't remember.
Frezak (GM): I'm pretty sure I would not suggest attacking a bird that's bigger than I am.
Gaurav: The log says: "It's very large, missing a bunch of feathers, and has too many limbs."
Apheori (GM): Okay, it's probably not that big, but it does... look big.
Frezak (GM): FINE.
We'll leave it alone >.>
Apheori (GM): You're no fun.
Gaurav: Is it near its nest? I think we saw its nest last time?
Apheori (GM): It's sitting on a pile of shiny things.
...yes.
Rhu: Hmm. Last time, we suggested that Griebel turn into a flock of birds and distract it while we value it's nest. We could try that again.
Gaurav: I believe Frezak's exact words were "A flock of sexy mutant birds", so there's that.
Ganelon: Hm...
Apheori (GM): Unfortunately Greibel still seems to be out of it.
Ganelon: Yeah, it'd be nice if BSG were actually here.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Instead you have a pile of gently swaying seagulls in the back seat.
Gaurav: o.0
Apheori (GM): And no use for them.
Frezak (GM): Would be nice to have an Azi >.>
TO kill things.
So... Back to the willage, then.
Unless we want to just recon the area.
Gaurav: Yeah, why not.
Ganelon: To what, returning or recon?
I will shoot this bird if that's what you guys want.
Gaurav: Reconning. We have a car. At the village we're just going to tell tall tales of our adventures and get some sleep.
Frezak (GM): I don't think firing at a meter or two long bird is a good idea.
Sleep?
It's just afternoon, no?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Gaurav: We could just drive around and see if we spot anything. I assume that we've now driven around this area enough that we're unlikely to get lost.
Frezak (GM): Getting lost from the air is tough.
Gaurav: Also true.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, let's just get an idea of what's where and see if we can spot any landmarks or stuff that might be interesting.
Gaurav: Let's do it.
Ganelon: Okay.
Apheori (GM): YOU RECONOTATIFICISE!
Rhu drives the car around the big tree in wide circles a couple of times, looking for anything interesting on the ground.
Rhu:
rolling d20+11 perception check
(
11
)
+11
=
22
Apheori (GM): There's a big dry river over there. Some mountains in the distance which look like they might have some real life on them.
There's a whole lot of desert in the other direction.
It's just dead and desolate and horrible and oh, look, dee-like things.
deer
Ganelon: Does it count as poaching if those laws were invented in the future?
Rhu: are the deers several meters across? If not, we could hunt them.
Apheori (GM): You also see a lot of windmills around the village you'd been at before. Apparently they hadn't had the sails up at the time.
They look like... deer-like things.
Frezak (GM): yeah, we can just drive and have Radek shoot 'em.
Apheori (GM): Deer-sized, at least.
Rhu: It's only poaching if somebody already owns them. And it's only "getting caught for poaching" if you can't shoot your way out.
Frezak (GM): We can kill it.
I'd have a good chance of telling whether it's edible.
Ganelon: This would probably be fun if Radek weren't such a grump.
Air-car hunting.
Frezak (GM): And /I/ know how to prepare food that doesn't come out of a tube/box/machine.
I'll make the yee-haw shouts as needed.
I need a hat.
Apheori (GM): You could put the journal on your head.
Rhu: NO! Who knows what deep secrets this journal may hide? We must treat it with respect.
Ganelon: I TAKE AIM
Radek: Intact body, right?
Apheori (GM): This is your friendly nagging voice reminding you that my commendary is not necessarily worth commenting on. Also you might want to actually check those secrets at some point.
ROLL AN ATTACK THINGY.
The Gravedigger: Yeah.
You can pop the head or bleed it out, though.
Frezak (GM): What DOES your gun fire?
Ganelon: I'll read the journal when I can recast this language ritual.
Frezak (GM): Was it bullets or laser?
Ganelon: I said as much when we first tried to read it.
It was bullets, because they're modular.
Ie: acid bullets, which I will not use on a deer.
Frezak (GM): Brill.
Apheori (GM): Roll or something.
Ganelon: [Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+0
(
4
)
+3+5+0
=
12
BAH
HUMBUG
Apheori (GM): You missed.
Ganelon: RELOAD.
Frezak (GM): I need spare axes.
Ganelon: I need loaded dice.
Frezak (GM): I have a grappling hook and rope.
Can i throw that?
Because that's the perfect flying car hunting weapon.
Apheori (GM): You totally can. XD
Frezak (GM): HERE GOES
rolling 1D20+4
(
16
)
+4
=
20
Ka-chung.
Hello, lunch.
Radek: Showoff.
The Gravedigger: YEEEE-HAAAWWWW
Rhu: :D
Apheori (GM): You wind up with a kicking, screaming dear on your lap.
Frezak (GM): Oh no.
It's hanging from the car.
The Gravedigger: Pull up!
Rhu pulls up
Apheori (GM): Oh, where's the fun in that?
Lap is where you want it.
Frezak (GM): I'll headbutt it to death then.
Apheori (GM): Like what happens when you hit one on the road and it comes in the windshield...
Snrk.
Okay, so Rhu pulls it up and Gravy headbutts it todeath.
Yeah, I can see this.
Frezak (GM): THose guys probably think that headbutting how hunters used to do it in the olden days :p
"It's an ancient, accredited technique. Shut up."
Apheori (GM): Yeah. So that happens.
Ganelon: We have a dead deer-like.
Apheori (GM): So you're in the car, sailing over the prairie, deer in your lap after headbutting it to death.
And a pile of seagulls in the back seat.
The Gravedigger: Now, a spot to gut and clean this.
Any rivers?
Apheori (GM): They all seem to be dry.
Gaurav: Somebody needs to make a postcard with that image. "Greetings from that place we went to after Sarathi!"
Ganelon: I can just imagine Radek looking really grumpy with his rifle over his shoulder.
And deer blood all over Gravy's grinning face.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Frezak (GM): Gravy's enjoying himself now.
No rivers?
Well, crud.
Gaurav: We do know a pool with water-like stuff in it. Probably best to take it back to the village, though. They'll have water. Somewhere.
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Gaurav: Unless you want to keep reconning
I guess there's enough place to put a deer in CAR?
Frezak (GM): We tie it to the front, of course.
Ganelon: Well, we're missing one paladin worth of space.
Gaurav: hah. this is true. someone give that deer a pair of dark glasses and lets keep exploring. I'd like to follow one of those dry river beds for a bit and see if we can find some outlet.
Frezak (GM): We could have it trail on a rope and tie one of the laser-proof capes to it.
Ganelon: Works for me.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, find out where the water is.
Apheori (GM): Which way do you head?
Rhu drives the car to the closest dry river bed, then follow it downhill.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
You follow the riverbed through the plains and desert.
It sort of randomly switches between the two.
Then it gets like a canyon. Still dry, but deeper. Then it goes underground - you fly over a ridge and crap and find more canyon further down.
There some water in it.
A wee little trickle.
Apheori (GM): Keep following?
Rhu: Oooh!
Yes. I think we'll follow the river for maybe two hours? See where we get to? That should give us enough time to get back.
Frezak (GM): Sure.
We're in no rush, are we?
Maybe flyby the hole when we head back, in case Azi reappeared.
Else, yeah, just keep following this.
Ganelon: We still have plenty of time before I can no longer speak to those villagers.
We'd have to have stayed up throughout the entire night for that.
Rhu drives us on for two hours since we started following the river.
Apheori (GM): The river gets bigger, mountains sort of rise around it, it goes through some hills, snakes around some much greener area, and gets a whole lot larger very suddenly.
Rhu: Pretty! No water, though?
Apheori (GM): There's definitely water. There's a big old river, with tributaries and everything!
You haven't reached where it dumps, though, no.
Frezak (GM): Maybe stop for a bit now to make dinner?
Or lunch or whatever.
Apheori (GM): FOOOD.
Frezak (GM): In-game.
Apheori (GM): Okay. You want to roast your deer?
Rhu: Might be a better idea to bring the deer back to the villagers. On the other hand, they might not like us hunting their deer.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, cut it up, wash it, get rid of the offall...
Apheori (GM): It's totally around dinner time by now.
Frezak (GM): have some legs.
Bring the rest back to the willage.
Ganelon: I don't suppose I could just consume its soul, huh?
Rhu: Oh yeah, that works.
Ganelon: But, you know, not to be evil or anything.
It's just easier to eat that way.
Rhu: Less messy, too.
Ganelon: Waste no part of the animal and all, y'know.
Yeah, you've got the meat, bones, organs, and blood, but what about the life?
That's where the old man comes in.
Apheori (GM): Do you really consume souls of things?
Ganelon: No, probably not.
Apheori (GM): Aww.
Gaurav: Wouldn't the soul have left the body when the deer died?
Apheori (GM): Did you remember to cast soul trap first?
Ganelon: It would require a spiritual view on life rather than a scientific one for Radek to think of extracting the... "being" of an animal and sustain himself with it.
Apheori (GM): Ah, heh.
Indeed.
Well, you don't need me to roast deer, so I'ma grab some food too.
Ganelon: More likely he'd just extract nutrients and discard the useless flesh afterwards.
Gaurav: What would happen if you ate the soul of a creature without killing the body? The mind boggles.
Chewy.
Ganelon: I dunno.
Frezak (GM): In D&D?
Ganelon: I mean, death of the body.
Frezak (GM): You just get a... mindless person.
An awake but not concious body.
Ganelon: Oh?
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
Ganelon: I guess it couldn't really feed itself, though.
Frezak (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: Creepy.
Frezak (GM): It'd just stand there.
Or sit.
Or whatever position it was in when you sucked the soul out.
Ganelon: Well, anyway, that's what Radek does with his share of the kill.
He efficiently sucks out everything strictly beneficial about it and injects himself with that, leaving an awful, flavorless slab of dry meat behind.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Ganelon: It's how I'd eat if I were able.
Apheori (GM): XD
That slab of meat would make for a good practical joke, I imagine.
Frezak (GM): It probably looks... icky.
Grey.
Dry.
DEAD.
Ganelon: "This... this is literally just matter."
Frezak (GM): It's the corpse of food.
Ganelon: "How did you even manage to make a flank of meat so unappetizing?"
Gaurav: Food corpse!
Ganelon: "I'd be impressed if I weren't so underwhelmed by the taste. Even the texture is just... awful."
Apheori (GM): And the rest of you? What do you all do?
Frezak (GM): I eat a leg of deerthing.
Gaurav: Are we going to cook it first?
Frezak (GM): Sure.
I thought we did.
Gaurav: Then I too eat a leg of deerthing.
Apheori (GM): It was unclear. Now it is clear.
Ganelon: I guess we could feed the gulls, too.
Frezak (GM): With meat giblets?
Ganelon: Are they even carnivores? Whatever, I'm sure Greibel can deal with it.
Gaurav: Gulls are omnivores I think.
Frezak (GM): They are.
Ganelon: Then yeah. We could even make a game out of it, assuming they were responsive enough to eat at all.
Apheori (GM): They seem to be. They're just not acting at all... intelligent.
Frezak (GM): Yah, just throw them meatbits.
Throw 'em deer thing bits and let's get exploratoring.
Radek: Do you suppose his core intelligence was destroyed and we're simply feeding the instinct-driven remains of his "body"?
The porridge: Or he could just be really stoned.
Frezak (GM): DAMN
Rhu: I'm sure he'll be back. Once he remembers how.
Frezak (GM): SORRY
MISCLICKED
Radek: I've never paid much mind to druids.
Frezak (GM): That was Gravy >.>
Gaurav: That could have been the very best interjection of all time :)
Rhu continues driving us along the river until our two hours is up, then turns the car around and drives us back to the village.
Radek: They're always going on about nature, like it holds secrets we haven't exhausted millennia ago.
A worthless profession, druidism.
Ganelon: Apologies to any druids in the audience who may be offended by my fictional character's opinions.
The Gravedigger: Could be a passtime.
Radek: For this one?
Apheori (GM): Wait! Wait!
Rhu: I don't know about that, Radek. A druid set up the little tree at the rift, and possibly also the waterlike thing. Maybe once we convince Greibel to unbirdify, we could get his opinion on the magic underlying them.
Apheori (GM): If you keep going down the river, you find something. Do you keep going down the river after eating, or turn back?
It's getting dark again.
Rhu: Let's get back before it gets too dark.
Frezak (GM): If it's getting dark, we'll probably start heading back.
Ganelon: Yeah, unless this is some very important clue.
Even then, we could easily justify heading back to the one place with water again later.
Rhu: Yes. And possibly with a human Greibel and a non-vanished Azir.
Apheori (GM): Okay, you turn back. You don't even know how far you've gone, but whatever. You can do it again. Totally.
Y'ALL SAIL OVER THE ARID LAND, OVER IT ALL LIKE A BIRD, MAN!
...sorry.
Gaurav: Biiiiiiiiiiiiirdmaaaaaaan
Apheori (GM): It's dark by the time you get back to where you found the deer. You see the lights of the village in the distance, and they seem to be the only lights around at all, though you couldn't even see where you were anymore...
You head to the sinkhole?
Rhu: Hmm. Do you think the lights will stay on long enough for us to find our way back? Of course, if we have to set up camp by the sinkhole or something, we can do that.
Ganelon: Just for a peek.
I'm not there to say hello to the hole.
Rhu: Okay.
Rhu drives us back to the sinkhole for a quick look
Ganelon: How are things looking?
Apheori (GM): ...glowing.
Ganelon: Worse? The same?
Apheori (GM): Seriously glowing.
Gaurav: Jus thte little tree and the pool? Or something else also?
Apheori (GM): I mean, as far as you can tell it's all back to the way it was when you first arrived... but in the darkness it's really glowing.
The tree. The water.
The air around it.
Tendrils in the rocks around.
As though the glow has been seeping through the ground and coming up in places...
Ganelon: Very troublesome.
Frezak (GM): SORRY AZIR.
GOOD LUCK.
Rhu: He'll be back. And - and - and he'll be glowing. It'll be awesome. You'll see.
Apheori (GM): No sign of Azir or the other bird. No sign of bones.
But man, is it glowing.
Frezak (GM): can Radek learn anything about this?
Ganelon: From where we are?
Apheori (GM): The glowing stuff is in the air. Sort of like mist, some blowing away in the evening breeze, bot mostly just lingering.
You could totally fly into some of it.
Radek: Get me closer. In the air is fine.
Bear Soup Guy is here >_<
Rhu drives the car closer
Frezak (GM): BEAR SOUP GUY
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10 Arcana
(
19
)
+10
=
29
Rhu: If Greibel was around, we could get him to look at the shining tree branch and see if he can work out what druidic magic made it. But alas ...
Rhu motions at the flock of seagulls in the back of the car
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): BSG: Greibel is seagulls. Has been for awhile. Nobody knows what's wrong.
The question is... what is wrong?
YOU PUSHED THIS QUESTION.
Wen: He fell asleep when the birds did.
okay I'll shut up now >_>
Bear Soup Guy: Clearly he came into contact with...bad fumes...from the transformation of the porridge...yessssss.....
Ganelon: Radek theorized that you lost the bird that was your druid-swarm-control-cluster and thus became a flock of unintelligent birds.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Arcana says it's totally... nothing.
Gaurav: Rasputin the Porridge has been nursing you back from health after your encounter with the tree.
Apheori (GM): It says it doesn't exist.
Bear Soup Guy: :O
yay porridge ^_^
Apheori (GM): Greibel lost a gull.
Poor gull.
Frezak (GM): Could it be an illusion?
Fake light?
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+7 religion check: I pray silently to Hazz'ridan and ask for any idea about what all the shining is about.
(
19
)
+7
=
26
Bear Soup Guy: YOU ARE GOD
RELIGION EYES
Radek: This is...
Ganelon: Can I attempt to cast magic while in this zone?
I am worried it may be impossible.
Gaurav: BSG: dude you have no idea. Get back into human form so I can tell you of all the wondrous encounters I have had with my god this day.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Hazz says to keep asking questions. Don't ignore it.
Zone?
You mean this general area?
You can totally attempt to cast magic.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie dokie
Ganelon: Yeah. Just to see if I can.
Bear Soup Guy: Suddenly Greibel's seagulls melt together and turn into Greibel?
Apheori (GM): Suddenly, Greibel!
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Gaurav: A wild Greibel appears!
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
18
)
=
18
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You have a headache, you don't really know what's going on, and you feel... disjoint. Like you're not really there. You're not really anywhere else, but you're not really entirely there, either.
Rhu: GREIBEL!
Greibel: Hmmmmmmmmm...?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You feel a sense of... cheese? And ice. And hear the crash of waves... before it fades away into a whisper in the back of your mind...
Greibel rubs his head
The Gravedigger: Oh, hey Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Magic works.
Greibel licks his lips at the thought of ice cheese
Radek sighs in relief.
Apheori (GM): What did you try to do?
Rhu: Greibel: you're not ... vegetarian, are you?
Greibel: What an interesting question to ask...
Bear Soup Guy: brb
Ganelon: I can suck the heat out of the area around someone (it's not harmful to them, merely things nearby) or blast stuff away from them with... sound.
The former seems safer.
And less noisy.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: For an artificer, Radek is pretty heavy on the mechanical side as opposed to the magical one.
He uses bullets and robots far more than raw magic.
Frezak (GM): I... have a shovel.
Apheori (GM): Only one?
Ganelon: You're also damn near impossible to kill. I consider that important.
Frezak (GM): I have no magic!
BUT IT CAN TAKE THIS TRUCK TO MY FACE
*thud*
Ow.
Apheori (GM): It?
Frezak (GM): Eh, I can't type for toffee.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Dammit, BSG...
Gaurav: Who's offering toffee for typing? Tell me more.
Frezak (GM): I cannot.
I'm bound by mystic oaths.
Also a guy said he's shoot me if I told.
Gaurav: Some day I shall learn these secrets for myself.
Frezak (GM): And then get shot.
Apheori (GM): Getting shot is part of life.
So what do you guys do?
Ganelon: Go back to the village.
Apheori (GM): You head back. Everyone's inside.
Ganelon: I'll have to explain to the innkeeper that I won't be speaking her language, literally, when we wake up.
Frezak (GM): TO THE INN.
Rhu locks CAR up for the night and heads to the inn.
Ganelon: And unless she has a big storeroom full of magic junk for me to destroy, I likely won't be able to afford fixing that.
Rhu: Who's bringing in the deer?
Frezak (GM): I'll carry the remaning deer bits.
Have Radek explain that they're for the kitchen if she can do anything with it.
And hope to FUCK there's no taboo against killing deerthings here.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Bear Soup Guy: SORRY SORRY
My mom was telling me about important stuff
Apheori (GM): Eh, what's the worst that could happen?
Bear Soup Guy: I'm back now
Apheori (GM): BSG: Is Greibel a vegetarian?
Gaurav: We have to kill an entire village to escape?
Bear Soup Guy: Ah yes, the question
Frezak (GM): yeah, I just spade dudes to death.
Gaurav: We might want to leave the deer in CAR and have Radek ask the innkeeper first. Who knows, maybe it is taboo but she'd like a bit all the same ...
Greibel: To Rhu: Well, I talk to animals and, like, turn into them
I tried eating meat after that but it was just too weird
Frezak (GM): Gravy will avert his eyes.
Rhu: Greibel: Ah. Okay. Never mind. Forget I asked.
Frezak (GM): And find some interesting dust to look at;
Greibel: (groggily) Forget you asked what?
The Gravedigger: LOOK! DUST!
Rhu pats Greibel on the back as we walk into the inn
Apheori (GM): Some dust blows down the street.
Y'all enter.
Some folks are loitering around the common room again, but not so many as the previous night.
Evening.
Thing.
Frezak (GM): Timeplacewhatsit.
Thingummy.
Gaurav: Afterafternoon
Apheori (GM): A guy raises his mug at ye. The inkeeper raises an eyebrow.
Radek: ~Good evening.~
Frezak (GM): I'll wave at the mug dude.
Rhu looks around for the two villagers from this morning
The innkeeper: Evening to ye. Didn't expect you back so soon, but I suppose that skiff of yours had something to do with that, didn't it?
Or did you make it?
Ganelon: As in build or accomplish?
Apheori (GM): Accomplish.
What's the check to notice things?
Rhu: Perception
Ganelon: Insight for people, otherwise that.
Rhu: You can assume that we are continuously perception-ing at 10+(perception modifier)
Apheori (GM): Why are people special?
Gaurav: Because Perception comes from Wisdom. Insight comes from Charisma, i.e. how well you can read people.
Ganelon: Actually Insight is also wisdom.
Gaurav: oh no, insight is also wisdom
never mind
Ganelon: But it's a different skill.
Apheori (GM): Weird.
Ganelon: Perception is noticing literal details. Sights, sounds, etc.
Apheori (GM): Hey Rhu, you notice you can understand her!
Ganelon: Insight is reading emotions and making sense of those details you already see.
Stuff like that.
Rhu: That's not a "skiff", it's a very fine shi-- hey! I can understand you now!
The innkeeper: Clearly.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
Gaurav: Gan: see? That sounds charisma-ish to me!
The innkeeper leans forward.
The innkeeper: So you all magically speak this now? This is new.
Frezak (GM): Do we?
Ganelon: Well, intimidate doesn't scale off of strength. Try explaining that.
Frezak (GM): Or is it just the religious dude?
Apheori (GM): Apparently.
Radek: I had no part in this.
Apheori (GM): Nope, you all do.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Rhu: Hmm. If it is a gift of the great Hazz'ridan, then maybe Greibel won't have it, since he was a flock of seagulls at the time?
Radek: However, we did investigate that hole, even lost the paladin to it.
Rhu takes the old journal out of my bag to see if I can understand that, too.
Apheori (GM): Hazz is smarter than that.
Greibel: ^
Radek: I can say with certainty that it must be closed.
The innkeeper: Lost?
Radek: He's gone. Vanished. No traces.
Rhu: He'll be back. I'm sure of it.
Greibel: (whispers incredulously to Rhu) Weren't these people speaking other gibberish before?
Radek: I even sent a drone in to search for him. You might be interested to know that there is, in fact, another side.
The innkeeper: I'm sorry to hear that.
So four drinks it is.
The Gravedigger: Drinks?
Drinks!
The innkeeper pours some very small mugs of stuff for everyone.
Radek: Just three. I don't require nourishment.
Rhu: (whispers back) You are not going to believe what happened at the rift! Hazz'ridan spoke to us and cleared our minds! He spoke to me in my head! He seemed lost and confused.
The innkeeper: Do tell.
Oh, love, it's not about requirements. Just try it.
You won't regret a thing.
The Gravedigger: Hey, do you want these meat bits?
Rhu uses his body language to show disappointment at the tinyness of the mugs, but helps himself anyway.
Greibel: (whispers back) Hazz'ridan, the God of dead ends, lost and confused. Who woulda thought?
Apheori (GM): One of the other guys at the bar says, quietly, "You'll just regret several other things."
Radek: Liquids have not passed my lips in decades, ma'am.
The innkeeper: Your loss.
Radek: And recently I seem to have even transcended a need for oxygen.
The innkeeper drinks Radek's for him.
The innkeeper: Me eyes Gravy's meat.
Ganelon: Yeah, he's kind of a big chrome spoilsport.
The innkeeper: How much have you got?
Rhu: (whispers back) Every ending is another beginning. Hazz'ridan is at our side. We have a new goal now: to close the rift on this world. We cannot fail!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You realise you're drunk.
The Gravedigger: Most of the animal.
Minus what we had for lunch.
Rhu: I'm not drunk, I am perspfectly sober.
The innkeeper brinks.
The innkeeper: Well, you've been busy.
Sure, I'll take it. How much you asking?
Rhu: I know exactly what I'm sayin' and to whom I am sayin' and to what I ... how much for another one, these are delicious.
The innkeeper pours Rhu another.
The Gravedigger shrugs.
The innkeeper: Today's on the house.
Greibel: (to the others since Rhu is in a less whispery mood now) So how do we close this "rift" thing?
Rhu: Good lady, you are t-- ... you are t--- ...
The Gravedigger: Whatever you want, it wasn't any trouble.
The innkeeper: I'll give you ten.
And do drink up.
The Gravedigger: Sure.
Frezak (GM): I'll examine the drink.
Rhu is now examining the bartop with great interest
Apheori (GM): The drink is brown, almost reddish. It's very small, but you can't actually see the bottom of the mug.
The Gravedigger: So what IS this?
Ganelon: Just to be polite, I'll actually take some of this drink in a syringe.
Because injecting alcohol straight into your bloodstream is how the pros do it, kids. Don't try this at home.
The innkeeper pours Rhu another, almost grinning.
The innkeeper: Shalott! The proper stuff, rather.
Frezak (GM): i'm mostly watching Rhu get hammered.
The innkeeper: Not like went bad and made your friend's... friend.
Frezak (GM): I'll drink my cup of stuff.
The innkeeper eyes the porridge, which climbed back onto Greibel's shoulder.
Rhu: HUH? HUH? I HEARD mnamesomesbdit.
The innkeeper pours another, mixing in from a different jug.
Frezak (GM): And hope my being a seven foot slab of meat prevents me from going runny like the skinny avenger there.
Gaurav: Oh, is Rasputin the Porridge still with us? Awesome.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it doesn't hit you like it hit him.
It's more just... kind of nice and fuzzy.
So how does this syringe thing work?
Gaurav: Rhu's had a big day. Good for him.
Ganelon: Like any medical syringe.
Frezak (GM): INjecting booze right into your blood?
YOU MADMAN.
You're gonna DIE.
Apheori (GM): So you want the lady to put booze in a syringe?
Ganelon: If the lady wants me to enjoy it, yes
Frezak (GM): Im' not joking by the way.
The innkeeper takes the syringe skeptically.
The innkeeper eyes it.
Ganelon: Because it bypasses my liver, I assume?
The innkeeper eyes Radek.
Ganelon: That probably isn't functioning any longer.
Radek: ...What? It's efficient.
Frezak (GM): yep.
Gaurav: Yeah, alcohol + no liver --> bad idea
The innkeeper: If this kills you, I take no responsibility.
Unfortunately you've gone and got my interest, and the whole floor's watching...
The Gravedigger: Me lays a hand on Radek.
If you die.
I'll bury you.
Rhu starts mumbling a dirty song
The innkeeper mixes a very small amount of dark stuff with some other stuff and waters it down a bit and adds some other stuff and pours a bit into the syringe...
The innkeeper: I can't think of anything dramatic to say.
The innkeeper hands it over.
Radek: Fear not.
Apheori (GM): Several of the villagers boo.
Radek: With this, I prove my own immortality.
Ganelon: He is not immortal.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Some of the villagers are now cheering him on.
Wen: two deaths in one day might not be the best thing >_>
Apheori (GM): Urging him to do it.
Do it!
Wen: Ah, but your guy ain't dead!
Radek injects the mixture into his arm.
Apheori (GM): ...probably.
There's a long silence.
Wen takes on the role of the one guy muttering and shaking his head in the crowd
Apheori (GM): Radek neglects to fall over dead.
Radek: Keh heh heh.
Apheori (GM): He does get a bit dizzy and weird feeling, though.
Radek: Told you sooo--whoah.
The Gravedigger cheers and pats Radek on the back.
Apheori (GM): Everyone starts clapping and cheering.
Radek: I had forgotten what this feels like.
Greibel: Huh....weird.
Rhu bangs the table a few times
The innkeeper pushes Greibel another.
Greibel looks at it for a moment
Greibel start sipping it slowly
Ganelon: Aw yeah, getting the smart guy drunk.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You standing or sitting?
Frezak (GM): Male bonding coming right up.
I'm... standing behind Radek right now.
Apheori (GM): Well, standing behind you is that large guy from before.
Both of your heads are kind of grazing the ceiling.
He's very close, and you realise someone is there...
Frezak (GM): I'll turn around and give him a look.
Of the "what?" variety.
Wen: uhh, is it just me or did Gan and Gaurav disappear?
Gaurav: Nope, still here.
Wen: o_O okay.
Ganelon: Don't trust the names.
Frezak (GM): The are deceit.
*the names are deceit
Wen: well, carry on.
Wen watches with interest
Ganelon: I want to know what's up with this guy guy.
Big guy, rather.
Apheori (GM): Right, sorry.
The guy says, "Hi."
Ganelon: And also wrap things up because the hunger only intensifies.
Apheori (GM): My toe was bleeding all over the place.
Wen: ><
The Gravedigger: "Hello? Something you need?"
Ganelon: And I'm going to be prying off noodles that have been frozen together for at least 10 minutes.
Also yeesh, hope you're okay.
Apheori (GM): The guy says nothing.
Frezak (GM): I'm just gonna stare blankly for a bit.
Apheori (GM): He stares blankly as well.
The Gravedigger: "Oookayyy. Good luck with that."
Frezak (GM): And turn back round and see how Radek is coping.
Ganelon: Happily muttering obscure formulae to nobody in particular.
Apheori (GM): The innkeeper looks really proud of herself for that.
Frezak (GM): I take it that I cannot brofist the innkeep.
Rhu notices the muttered formulae, tries to figure out how the song goes, fails. Returns to persuing the bartop.
Ganelon: Song?
No, these are formulas of SCIENCE!
Frezak (GM): He doesn't know that :p
Ganelon: They describe the laws of the universe!
And also how to break them!
It is the fundamental theory of magic!
Maybe!
Apheori (GM): So Rhu and Radek are drunk. Eeeeexcellent.
Greibel and Gravy ain't entirely so.
Rhu: NOT DRUNK VOLTING
Frezak (GM): Gravy will not get more than buzzed.
Apheori (GM): The innkeeper wants you to drink more.
Frezak (GM): Someone has to keep watch over these madmen.
Because they're men.
And maaaad
Apheori (GM): They ain't even doing anything. Terribly boring drunks, they are.
Frezak (GM): THey're mumbling and muttering and stuff.
I don't think they have Drunk Proficiency.
I'll get busy telling Greibel everything that happened.
With undrunk details.
Apheori (GM): The guy is still standing behind you.
Ganelon: Just wait.
Once Radek decides it's time to get to work, you won't think he's a boring drunk any longer.
Just a dangerous madmen who should never be allowed near his own tools.
Madman, rather.
Apheori (GM): He isn't normally?
Ganelon: Hey!
Bear Soup Guy: People keep calling me on the phone and talking to me and asking stuff about things
Ganelon: I haven't USED these bombs I made. Yet.
Bear Soup Guy: I think Greibel's going to turn in early with a nice buzz
Apheori (GM): Silly people.
Rhu has fallen asleep on the bar top.
Frezak (GM): I'll pick Rhu up.
And give the Innkeep a coin.
If I haven't already.
Apheori (GM): You sorted out the money with the deer thing, I think.
Did you ever drag that in?
Frezak (GM): I thought I came in with it.
Gaurav: I think so, yes.
Apheori (GM): Right, so that's all sorted. You have more money, some of you are drunk, and the beds await if you need them.
Frezak (GM): I tihnk we do.
Apheori (GM): But the guy is still standing right behind you.
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna ignore him because he is creepy and I don't feel like burying anyone tonight.
Apheori (GM): So you just sort of bounce off him.
And push past?
Gaurav: Bouncy giants.
Frezak (GM): Bounce off him?
Apheori (GM): Unlike you, he's a little blubbery.
Ganelon: I'll follow these guys up, but as usual, I've no intentions of sleeping.
Frezak (GM): But why do I have to bounce off him?
Ganelon: I have a new eyebot to construct!
Frezak (GM): I can just walk around him, no?
Bear Soup Guy: EYEBOT
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Because he was entirely too close, and massive.
Frezak (GM): I'm just gonna move around him.
Apheori (GM): You do walk around him, but... he's really close.
Yeah.
Frezak (GM): Well he's gonna get whacked by the Rhu over my shoulders if he doesn't move.
Apheori (GM): He doesn't move, and gets whacked.
He still doesn't move.
He looks... confused.
Frezak (GM): Not my problem.
I have an Avenger to settle.
Rhu wakes up
Rhu: Huh? Wha? Wh?
The Gravedigger: You're going to bed, little man.
Ganelon: http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7744/68rocket16.jpg
This is the eyebot.
Rhu: Hmf. No. Not sleepy. Five more mintnes.
The Gravedigger: Shhhhh.
Frezak (GM): And I'm gonna go dump him on a bed.
Rhu mumbles, puts my thumb in my mouth and goes back to sleep
Gaurav: That is one awesome eyebot!
Frezak (GM): I'll have him bunk with Radek.
Actually.
he can go with Greibel.
i'll go with RAdek since he doesn't sleep.
Ganelon: He's a diligent guard.
Except for the part where he pays no attention.
Frezak (GM): Radek?
I picture him being in his own little world of science.
Yeah, that.
So I'll leave him with Greibel.
And then check my gear and go to sleep.
Rhu snuggles into bed and falls asleep
Ganelon: I do believe that will be all, unless something eventful occurs during the night.
Apheori (GM): Naw.
Shall we call it a week and meet in two? >.<
Ganelon: I suppose so.
Gaurav: Sounds good! I'm also okay for meeting in between either week.
Ganelon: And I suppose I'll deal with the level-upping of people's sheets?
Gaurav: Tuesday 11am MT to 3pm MT works particularly well, since it's squeezed between two classes for me.
Frezak (GM): That was for reals?
Ganelon: Or at least those which are already on my builder.
I dunno, was it?
Gaurav: I'll level my own character up -- the format is ridiculously annoying, so I wouldn't want you to spend too much time trying to make sense of it!
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you all need to level up.
You survived Sarathi. You made... actual progress since...
AND THERE WILL EVENTUALLY BE COMBAT, REALLY.
Can we all do tuesday?
Ganelon: I don't know if everyone's still here.
Frezak (GM): Um.
Sure?
Gaurav: Yes!
Ganelon: I should be able to.
Gaurav: BSG?
Frezak (GM): Well now we can spend days discussing level options with Gan >.>
BSG isn't here.
He left.
Gaurav: Anyhow, I'm just pleased that for once the game didn't have to end because of me, and now I'm off to feed. Thanks for a great game everybody! See you Tuesday or next week!
Frezak (GM): FEED
You sound like a wampire.
Gaurav: A TRUE vampire would spell vampire with a "w" ^_^
Frezak (GM): True wampires sound boring.
Apheori (GM): FEED.
Gaurav: Indeed. Good night all!

Session 7

Gaurav: Is this Thingy?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: Noodles!
Apheori (GM): I'll be right back. I need to try hammering my foot.
Bear Soup Guy: Fair enough
Gaurav: ... wha?
Apheori (GM): Okay, I'm here.
Frezak (GM): So you say.
Is Wen coming?
Ganelon: Well, his character's dead.
I think he's just a watcher.
Gaurav: He's just resting.
His character, not Wen.
Frezak (GM): He's just resting his eyes.
And his blood.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
That.
Totally.
Bear Soup Guy: REST IN BLOOD
\m/
Apheori (GM): Yes/
The Gravedigger: REST IN HOLE.
Apheori (GM): So where were we? Everyone but Radek sleeping?
Rhu tosses in his sleep. He mumbles something about cornflakes.
Gaurav: We were also leveling/leveled up to level 2, I think.
Apheori (GM): And you all have been blessed by the Holy Hazz'ridan... with sanity.
Apheori (GM) points and laughs.
Apheori (GM): Right, does everyone know how to level?
DID YOU DO IT?
Frezak (GM): I did my levellings.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear, levels....
Apheori (GM): Do we care?
Frezak (GM): I'm levelled.
To the max.
of 2.
Apheori (GM): Are we doomed?
Gaurav: We were doomed a long time ago on a planet far, far away.
Apheori (GM): Can I assault you with mutants?
Bear Soup Guy: I have no idea how to level
Gaurav: Rhu is at level 2 and ready to go.
Bear Soup Guy: Please assault us with mutants though
Frezak (GM): Does Gan have Greibel's sheet?
Ganelon: I do.
Frezak (GM): Then throw some stuff on it and we can rock this city.
Willage.
Ganelon: Dude, I dunno how to build druids.
Frezak (GM): Just throw some random omnifunctional stuff and we can rework it properly later.
Gaurav: Skittering Sneak or Obscuring Mist might be useful as level 2 druid utilities go.
Ganelon: I dunno, Verdant Bounty sounds fun.
You can just point and BOOM PLANTS.
Gaurav: Feat: what about Ferocious Tiger Form?
Ganelon: It'll do for now.
Bear Soup Guy: BOOM PLANTS and tigers
Sounds excellent
Frezak (GM): brb
Gaurav: Tiger. Just the one. The one you turn into, that is.
Bear Soup Guy: Well
They add up to tigers after I do it over and over
They're just...tigers over time
Time-gers
Ganelon: Okay, done.
Apheori (GM): Sounds like something DJ Jesus would say.
Excellent.
Gaurav: DJ Jesus?
Bear Soup Guy: From Lucy?
Apheori (GM): Yes!
Ganelon: So he can make a burst 2 within 10 zone of overgrowth spring up from nowhere now.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Lucy, Daughter of the Devil.
Ganelon: That's 25 ft of plants.
Square feet.
Bear Soup Guy: That show was awesome
While it lasted, anyway
Apheori (GM): Yes.
And blimey.
Ganelon: The plants are very thick and suitable to hide in.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh my god awesome
I AM PLANT MAN
The dumbest of all Mega Man villans
Gaurav: It doesn't specify what kind of plant, does it?
Ganelon: Nope.
So obviously it's a narcotic.
Gaurav: Unless there are carnivorous plants in this universe ...
Apheori (GM): With Greibel involved, it surely is.
Of course there are.
Bear Soup Guy: Sprawling stalks of cannabis
Frezak (GM): You become a field of hemp?
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Frezak (GM): And then.. smoke yourself.
MAAAAAN.
Bear Soup Guy: There was some supervillain who grafted his head to just like, a ton of pot, in some comic
That is the end of that story
Gaurav imagines a tearful scene in which the only way we can Solve The Problem With The Holes is by altering our perception so that we can see our foes ... and Greibel must sacrifice himself so that we might toke.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: A *ton*? Dude was taking no chances.
Frezak (GM): THumbs up for that plan.
Gravy needs a lot of drugs for his body mass.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Game?
Frezak (GM): Sure.
WE MISS YOU WEN.
Gaurav: Game!
Apheori (GM): Yes.
So everyone went to bed after lots of drinking. Shalott for the lost. Bit of a tradition. A welcome to your new grave.
IT'S HAPPENING.
Gaurav: He'll be back. You can't keep a good paladin down. Or trapped in alternate cheesy reality, as the case might be.
Apheori (GM): And Radek was probably doing stuff while drunk.
Ganelon: Yes.
I can get to that in the morning.
Apheori (GM): Well, it's morning.
Frezak (GM): MORNING
HELLO BIRDS
GIANT MUTANT BIRDS.
Gaurav: Is that OOC? Because Rhu might be ever so slightly hungover.
Bear Soup Guy: The way a delivery truck is ever so slightly heavy
Apheori (GM): Lessee...
Bear Soup Guy: Are we rolling hangover checks? :D
Apheori (GM): Dude, that would be hilarious.
But I don't know enough about hangovers.
Bear Soup Guy: Fair enough
(From Gaurav): if Hazz'ridan or any other god would like to possess passed-out Rhu to pass on a mysterious message to the group, now would be a good time!
Gaurav: hey, quick question: do I get to add a +1 to all my checks now that I'm at level 2 -- i.e. my CHA is 8, so mod is -1, does that become 0?
hungoverness sounds like a fortitude defense or some such to me
Frezak (GM): yep
All your D20s have +1 now.
It doesn't change your stat mod.
Just the rolls.
So your cha mod is still -1, but a Cha Check is +0.
Gaurav: ah, gotcha. I always get confused about that. Thanks!
Bear Soup Guy: MODS
Frezak (GM): NOW LET'S GO DO HERO THINGS
(To Gaurav): Hazz will bide his time and appear in full glory later. IT WILL BE AWESOME.
Bear Soup Guy: HERO TIME
(To Gaurav): TENTACLES EVERYWHERE.
Greibel stumbles groggily out of bed
Greibel: hero time......
Apheori (GM): Ahah, heroes.
Radek: Oh, you're awake.
(From Gaurav): *gasp*
Apheori (GM): Does this mean you get a +1 to sanity checks too?
Frezak (GM): That's up to you.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: Depends on whether you think the sanity check is related to something about us (like our constitution, intelligence, etc -- you could even do it backwards, high intelligence = more likely to get confused by magic!). If so, then yes? Otherwise, straight d20s mean everybody has an equal chance of going batty I think.
Rhu wakes as slowly as he can possibly manage. If he were familiar with steam locomotives or bricks, he would say he feels like a hundred steam locomotives are driving full-tilt into a brick wall in his head, but luckily he isn't and can't.
Apheori (GM): Well, you all have base modifiers that change depending on circumstances and stuff and I'm not telling you what they are.
Gaurav: oof. makes sense.
Greibel stares incredulously at Radek while taking a bong hit
Apheori (GM): Is Gravy still asleep?
Frezak (GM): How would I know ?
Amadi: That'll make you live, you know.
Frezak (GM): I'd assumed it'd wake up with everyone else?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Fine, wake him up.
Bloody giants.
Frezak (GM): Okay, he wakes up.
Apheori (GM): And Amadi just randomly appeared behind Greibel.
Greibel: Hmmm
Oh hey, it's the time lady
Amadi: What? Where?
Amadi looks around.
Greibel points playfully at Amadi
Amadi: Do you see that?
Greibel: You, silly!
Rhu: Time wha?
Greibel offers Amadi the bong
Rhu sits bolt upright when he sees Amadi, electrical pain coursing through this skull.
Ganelon: ...How old does Amadi appear to be, again?
Amadi reaches out to take it and vanishes.
Apheori (GM): When touching it.
Rhu: Ow. Hi. Sandwich Lady, right?
Ow.
Apheori (GM): She's... grown-looking.
But small.
Greibel turns bemused to Radek
Rhu: Where did she go?
Greibel: She's been smoking some good stuff man.
Radek: I'm almost surprised that you haven't had enough of people disappearing in front of us.
...Almost.
Frezak (GM): Wait, we see this?
I thought it was in Greibel/Rhu's room.
Apheori (GM): I think only Greibel and Radek should.
Ganelon: I was in his room.
Not Rhu.
Apheori (GM): Right, that.
Or was Rhu there too?
Frezak (GM): Oh,r ight.
I thought I was with Radek because he didn't need the bed.
Apheori (GM): Or that.
Er.
Yeah, that's what happened.
Oh, whatever.
Greibel: The first night Greibel was with Radek
Rhu: According to the logs, Rhu was dumped with Greibel, and Gravy was with Radek since he doesn't sleep.
Greibel: But who knows what we did the second night
errrrrr
OOC
Ganelon: Oh. Well then, whoops.
Bear Soup Guy: We were drunk
Gaurav: People waking up in the middle of the night searching for water and ending up in the wrong room is not out of the question.
Especially given the Shallot.
Bear Soup Guy: Good point
Frezak (GM): You'd know if I was getting into the same bed as you.
Gaurav: Yes.
Apheori (GM): Are you sure?
If gravy winds up on top of someone, would they necessarily survive?
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Ganelon: He hogs sheets, though.
Frezak (GM): I DO NOT
Ganelon: He totally does.
Gaurav: Their dying screams would rouse Gravy and he would get up before they lost consciousness. Hopefully.
Frezak (GM): Well Gravy will head downstairs for breakfast.
Apheori (GM): Gravy will find more bowls of (less) congealed porridge.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Ganelon: I'll follow him.
Rhu does the morning stuff and heads downstairs also, maintaining a look of death.
Frezak (GM): I'll wave at Rhu.
Amadi walks out of a wall and follows Rhu down.
Frezak (GM): I feel that a look of death is normal for him.
Rhu doesn't see it. He heads for the table and begins to porridge.
Greibel heads downstairs, realizing he's now lacking a bong
Frezak (GM): Do I see the midget phase through the wall?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
It happens around when you wave.
The Gravedigger: Oh, hello small lady.
Amadi waves back.
Amadi: Hi!
Are you the mystery?
The Gravedigger: Doubt it.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: Greibel still has the bong. Unless he dropped it. Which is entirely possible.
Radek: His mind's no grand puzzle, that's for sure.
The answer is shovels.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh okay
The Gravedigger: Shovels solve many things.
Also spades.
Amadi: (to Radek) And you? You don't look anything like a shovel.
Unless you do.
The Gravedigger: No.
He isn't a shovel.
Amadi: Shovels take many forms.
The Gravedigger: I have seen many shovels.
Amadi: Like spiders.
The Gravedigger: And I can say with certainty that Radek is not a shovel.
Or a trowel.
Amadi sits down and starts eating a porridge.
Greibel: He's more like the Silver Surfer
The Gravedigger: The what?
Are you on drugs again?
Still?
Nevermind.
Greibel smiles
Frezak (GM): Isn't Greibel always smiling?
Amadi eyes Greibel.
Frezak (GM): Unless he hasn't got lips.
Amadi: Not hardly. Silver Surfer's silver, for one.
Bear Soup Guy: He smiled more
Greibel: Fair enough
Radek inspects his new eyebot curiously.
The Gravedigger: So what are our plans for today?
Rhu: Why do you keep vanishing and reappearing, Sandwich Lady? It hurts my head.
The Gravedigger: MAGIC.
Radek: I don't remember as much about how I made this as I'd like.
The Gravedigger: Can't you... take it apart to see how you did it?
Greibel: Does it shoot lasers?
Radek: Of course it shoots lasers, and of course I could take it apart.
Amadi: Oh, Kerrin, I'm not your head.
Amadi pats Rhu's head.
The Gravedigger: hey!
The eyebot is the mystery!
It's the robot floating eye that fires lasers.
That's the mystery.
Greibel: Sounds like a mystery
The Gravedigger: I solved the mystery about what the mystery is!
Is there a prize?
Radek sighs heavily.
Apheori (GM): That's not a mystery.
Ganelon: He's a bit hungover.
The Gravedigger pats Radek.
The Gravedigger: You can solve the next one.
Rhu: (to Amadi) I don't think we've been introduced. I am Rhu, an Avenger in the service of Hazz'ridan the creators of dead ends.
Apheori (GM): That's... alcohol.
Amadi: Creator? Dead ends aren't created.
Ganelon: "What the hell did I do last night?" is a pretty good mystery.
Amadi: This ham tastes like soap.
Is there soap in the ham?
Ganelon: But it's not been completely solved yet.
The Gravedigger: What ham?
Greibel: That's porridge, silly lady
Rhu: Dead ends come from Hazz'ridan and in the end return to him. I read that on the internet.
The Gravedigger: That's porridge.
Amadi: Looks like ham to me.
The Gravedigger: You got your religion from the Internet?
Online Avenger degree? Cool.
Rhu: The Maze of Hazz'ridan where I was given my implement and training didn't talk about the beginnings of ends. I had to figure that out for myself.
Amadi: Wear it.
Wear it like you mean it.
It's not a maze unless you WEAR IT!
Amadi suddenly stands on her and towers over Rhu.
The Gravedigger: You sound even crazier than Rhu.
He says a lot of rubbish.
Rhu: WOAH! Do you mean this? (points to the Maze of Hazz'ridan implement on a string around his neck)
The Gravedigger: No offense, Rhu.
Gaurav: Stands on her what?
Ganelon: I assume feet.
Amadi sits gracefully.
Amadi: No.
Apheori (GM): Yes, feet.
Rhu: None taken, Gravy. Hazz'ridan the Great showed us great mercy yesterday, and he is with us in our quest. I shall have a chance to learn many, many truths at his feet before I return home, of this I am certain. Where's the salt?
The Gravedigger: Check behind the bar.
Amadi: Try the gravy.
Amadi leans forward and grabs Rhu's implement.
Rhu stays where he is, in case Amadi vanishes again.
Rhu: Hey!
Rhu tries to grab it back
Rhu: I need that!
Greibel: Two enter. Only ONE shall leave!
Amadi: No you don't. Your faith is your own. Your items are mine.
Always mine.
Forever mine.
You enter my dreams and you are mine, and aren't you here now? Yes, yes, I think you are.
So you're mine.
Mine, mine, mine.
Rhu lets go of his implement.
Rhu: (awestruck) who _are_ you?
Amadi stares at it and turns it over in her hands.
The Gravedigger: Yeah, that's crazy and creepy.
Greibel: I'm with you, brother
Greibel casually eats the porridge anyway
Greibel tries feeding some to Rasputin
The Gravedigger: Isn't that cannibalism?
The porridge declines.
Greibel: Hmmph
Worth a shot
What does porridge eat, anyway?
Gaurav: That is well-brought-up porridge.
Radek: Fanged peas.
The porridge jiggles a bit in an attempt to answer.
Greibel: Oh, right!
The Gravedigger: Booze?
Greibel gives Rasputin a suspiciously still in-tact fanged pea
Apheori (GM): Rasputin tries to grab the pea, but it manages to evade and goes onto the floor.
So Rasputin follows, leaping after it, and grabs it on the way down before hitting the floor with a splat.
Greibel: Good boy!
Amadi: That looks painful.
The Gravedigger: Ew.
Rhu: (to Amadi) what did you mean by all that "My items are yours" stuff?
The Gravedigger: You're not a thief, are you?
Because Rhu kind of needs his stuff.
Amadi leans toward Rhu. "Oh, Kerrin, you're here. You need to ask?"
Amadi: Thief?
THIEF?!
Why, yes, actually, I am.
But not of things.
Never of things.
Things are cheap. Things die. Fade. Change.
Amadi: Disappear.
Not things.
Amadi holds up the implement.
Amadi: This is wrong.
I've never seen it like this before.
Rhu: Who is Kerrin? And what is your name?
Amadi: You're Kerrin, of course!
And I'm... oh, I dunno.
Dira?
The Gravedigger: Rhu is Kerrin? LIke... a play?
Amadi: No, that's not right. She was Dira.
The Gravedigger: People acting parts?
Rhu: I'm Rhu.
Amadi: I'm someone else.
Radek: What *do* you know?
Specifically, about the rift?
Amadi: Besides the atomic weight of tofu?
What rift?
Was there a rift?
Not Riften, I hope.
Or do you men The Rift?
Isn't that a county near Wyzima?
Amadi: Saleus Neloth.
Rhu: I'm not Kerrin. Who is Kerrin? Why did you call me that?
Amadi doesn't answer and just stares off into space, fiddling with the implement.
Radek: Nothing, then. Another victim of its influence, most likely.
Rhu: (to others) What's going on here? I'm Rhu.
Radek begins to tinker with his new eyebot.
Radek: Yes, you are.
The Gravedigger: Well, the little lady is crazy.
The porridge on the floor slowly draws itself back together and then squelch-bounces its way back to Greibel's shoulder.
Frezak (GM): Brb
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Greibel pets it
The porridge purrs.
Gaurav: You have the best porridge.
Bear Soup Guy: I sure do
Apheori (GM): >.>
Gaurav: Is anybody else around in the pub in the morning? Any villagers, the barkeep?
Apheori (GM): Barkeep is probably asleep. Everyone else has sodded off as well. Apparently this is just... normal?
Gaurav: This is as it was yesterday, yes. I hope those wacky villagers from the first morning swing by the bar at some point. They were fun.
Bear Soup Guy: I wonder if the big guy knows anything we should know
Ganelon: He is a mystery.
Bear Soup Guy: A conspicuous mystery
Apheori (GM): So...
Someone do something.
Greibel stands up abruptly and screams for a few seconds
Greibel sits back down and acts as if it didn't happen
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Ganelon: I've just been waiting for Frezak.
Apheori (GM): I know. >.<
We all are. He's just slow and I'm impatient.
Amadi taps her nose and points at Greibel, then likewise acts as though nothing had happened.
Rhu: (to Amadi) So ... you're not Dira?
Amadi: Who's Dira?
Rhu: You just said you weren't Dira. "She was Dira", you said.
Amadi: Who was?
Rhu: You weren't clear on that point.
It sounds like you're not entirely sure what your name is. I -- It feels rude to refer to you as Sandwich Lady all the time. Do you not have any other name I could use?
Frezak (GM): back
Amadi: Of course I have other names. Don't be ridiculous.
Who goes around with only one name? Even waking, it'd be crazy!
Rhu: What may we call you, then?
Amadi: Call me Teatime.
Or Dave.
Or Amadi.
Or whatever!
Greibel: Hi Dave!
Amadi: Hi!
Greibel waves
The Gravedigger: Sure, Crazy lady.
Amadi waves.
Rhu: Teatime? Like ... a time for a drink with jam and bread?
Amadi: Not at all.
Like the time between liver and spleen. The time between notes when you wonder if you are alive or dead, dreaming or waking.
Rhu: Right. Miss ... Missus? ... Teatime, then.
Amadi: The time between the light, when you do not know whether this is daydream or nightmare, waking or dreaming.
Rhu: Would you like to come with us and see a rift?
Amadi: Is it pretty?
Radek: No, it's quite horrible.
Rhu: It's got a dead tree on it.
Amadi: Is it HER dead tree?
The Gravedigger: And some water.
Amadi: The dead tree behind the statue, perhaps?
Rhu: But that tree has a light tree growing on it, which we were hoping Greibel could have a poke at, since it might be druid magic.
The water's quite pretty, actually.
Radek: I have some of it.
Ganelon: I would ask if he learned anything about it, but he was drunk
Amadi: So if he did learn anything about it, it's up in the air if he actually remembers correctly? XD
Gaurav: I imagine Radek's quite a productive drunk.
Ganelon: Yes to both.
Rhu takes a step back from Amadi when she does here "XD" face
Ganelon: He not only built an eyebot but modified his rifle to use a straight-pull bolt for faster reloading.
Amadi: OOC
Sorry.
Ganelon: (This is to explain a feat I took)
Apheori (GM): THAT WAS NOT AMADI.
Bear Soup Guy: Was it Dave?
Apheori (GM): That was me. Mistyping. Dave is... something else altogether.
Rhu: We should head out to the rift. Who knows when Mrs. Teatime will vanish again, and she might know something about it that eludes us.
The Gravedigger: If she does, how would we know?
Radek: Asking her seems out of the question.
Ganelon: See what I did there, guys?
Amadi: The question is the question.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Amadi: Ask, or you will never know.
The Gravedigger: yeah, that.
I don't think she's gonna be any use.
Greibel: Dave, will I ever find true love?
The Gravedigger: Just spouting endless Zens at us.
Amadi: Porridge knows, but nobody ever asks...
Amadi stops and looks at Greibel.
Rhu: She's the only thing on this planet that appears and disappears mysteriously on this planet, if you don't count the falling anvils.
Amadi: No.
I'm sorry, but no.
Greibel sulks
Rhu: She's a link to the weirdness of Sarathi. Possibly. Unless she's just weird of her own accord, which seems ... likely.
Amadi: It's for the best, really. The lovers hurt more than the rest.
The Gravedigger: But we can't get anything useful out of her.
Greibel: Are the lovers armed?
Rhu: Hang on. (to Amadi) What do you mean, Porridge knows? And it's not "Porridge", it's "Rasputin". It has a name.
Amadi: They can be armed.
Rhu: The rift might interact with her in interesting ways. Or vice versa. Anywho, we have a seat spare.
Amadi: The Gravedigger won't be.
The Gravedigger: What?
Amadi: With your love. He wanted love.
Amadi points at Greibel.
Amadi: Blame him.
Asking answers. He should be asking questions!
The Gravedigger: Nooo, I think i'll blame the crazy person that never makes sense.
Greibel: Hummm...
Amadi: Which one?
Sense can be made out of anything.
You just need a knife.
The Gravedigger: So, Radek.
What are we doing today?
Amadi: Or a shovel.
Gaurav: Good question.
The Gravedigger: Other than spectating.
Radek: We need to gather information.
Greibel whispers to Amadi "He's really a nice guy when you get to know him."
Rhu: We could poke around the village and look for someone who knows more about the trees and the rift and the pool. We thought yesterday that druid magic might be involved; someone might know the druid what done it.
Radek: If you think Greibel can be of use, it's only a short drive to the tree.
Greibel: (continuing) But Radek isn't. He really is that bad.
Amadi: (To Greibel) And will you say that about me someday too?
Radek: Nobody asked for your opinion, Greibel.
The Gravedigger: Might as well poke about here while we can, then.
Rhu: We could head back to the Rift and poke around a bit there. Or we could follow the dry river bank, where the DM assured us we were close to making an Important Discovery (I think?)
The Gravedigger: Though these willagers don't seem to be very useful.
Amadi: Willagers!
Greibel: (To Amadi) That depends. Do you like lava lamps?
Rhu: If we do that, we should pack some lunch, because this porridge is very inadequate (sorry for insulting the relatives, Rasputin)
Amadi counts off on her fingers.
Amadi: Six lava lamps, four screens, two potted trees, and a big old yucca.
Rhu: Well, we can talk to them now. And they're probably all superimpressed by Radek after his intravenous drinking last night.
Amadi: That wasn't me.
The Gravedigger: I'm not sure they understand the perils of intravenous drinking.
They probably don't understand what livers do.
The innkeeper walks in and sees the group.
The innkeeper: Oh, good morning.
The Gravedigger: Hello Miss Inkeep.
Rhu: They seemed impressed, especially the inn-- oh, hello!
Radek: You would think my technical skills would be more impressive, but no. All it takes to make this lot cheer is the capacity to endure alcohol.
The Gravedigger waves
Radek: Hmph.
The innkeeper waves vaguely and heads into another room.
Rhu: Wait! Do you know any druids around here?
The innkeeper looks back.
The innkeeper: Druids?
If you mean the Guardians, we've only Ekka.
Bear Soup Guy: I thought the inkeep didn't speak our language >_<
The innkeeper: She lives down the way if you need a consult.
The innkeeper ducks out of the common room.
Apheori (GM): Hazz'ridan blessed you with sanity.
This included language stuff, apparently.
Frezak (GM): GM, do we know what 'down the way' means or do we have to bother her for details?
Gaurav: You'd have to be inSANE not to understand these people!
Apheori (GM): Let's just say you know.
Frezak (GM): Hokay.
Well, that sounds like a plan.
Apheori (GM): Well, yes, Hazz'ridan's version of sanity may not be QUITE what other people have in mind...
Rhu: Agreed. To Ekka's! (to Amadi) Are you coming?
Amadi: Are you going?
Rhu: I am.
Amadi: Well, go on then.
Rhu nods
Rhu: We'll see you later.
Gaurav: Shall we?
Radek: Much later, I should hope.
Frezak (GM): TO EKKA
Greibel: Have fun, Dave!
Greibel waves
Amadi follows, still fiddling with Rhu's implement, holding it up to the light, turning it over, trying to figure it out. "This is wrong," she mutters. "It shouldn't be this."
Rhu leaves the bar and starts walking in the direction indicated/suggested by the innkeep, whose name we also need to figure out at some point.
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
I do a similar thing.
Ganelon: No arguments here.
Greibel: Off to the Guardian's place!
Apheori (GM): So I guess y'll head outside, see some folks working on a wagon, see those two guys from before laughing the others on, see the house...
Gaurav: The Guardian's house?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Greibel: http://gyazo.com/d92f703dd50cdb0cdcbeeb4e8437c92c.png
Rhu knocks on the door.
Bear Soup Guy: err, obviously Greibel didn't link a screenshot >_<
Greibel sings "You keep-a knockin' but you caaaaan't come in!"
Ganelon: Is his singing correct?
Can we not come in?
Bear Soup Guy: Little Richard is always correct
But seeing as this is a different universe...
Apheori (GM): The door is shut. Do you go in?
Is that a thing here?
Do you knock? There's not beeper...
no
Gaurav: I am sure there is a Little Richard in this universe also.
Somewhere.
Rhu knocks again.
Apheori (GM): A what?
Bear Soup Guy: Somewhere
Bear Soup Guy gestures at the night sky
Apheori (GM): Oh, ghah, missed the first knock, sorry.
Well, nothing happens from knocking.
Frezak (GM): I CHARGE THE DO- knock again.
Rhu: ... something tells me that before we just walk into a house belonging to somebody called a Guardian, it might be wise to check for booby traps
Greibel: Hey now
Apheori (GM): Amadi pushes past, taps the implement to the door, and then opens it and goes in.
Greibel: I'm a Guardian and I've never trapped anyone's boobies
Frezak (GM): I will activate my 18 Con lungs.
The Gravedigger: HEEELOOOOOO? GUARDIAN PERSON?
Apheori (GM): There's a clunk from somewhere inside.
Then a startled yell.
Frezak (GM): What kind of clunk?
Apheori (GM): Like someone falling on the floor.
Then you hear Amadi.
Since she already charged in.
"Hello, Guardian person, good morning, good day, good morrow, can we borrow your wisdom please?"
Frezak (GM): Oh.
I'll try the door >.>
Greibel pats Gravy
Greibel: It was a good try
The Gravedigger: Thanks, Greibel.
Apheori (GM): You find Amadi standing over someone who appears to have half-fallen out of bed. It's the magic woman from when you first arrived.
Frezak (GM): magic woman?
Apheori (GM): The woman who did some magic.
She has magic.
MAGIC.
Frezak (GM): What magic?
Bear Soup Guy: From the first time we met Amadi
She did a spell thing when we were in CAR
Frezak (GM): What spell?
Ganelon: It made Amadi appear. Maybe.
That may have been a coincidence.
Gaurav: Search for "The woman starts gesturing and chanting, casting a spell you don't recognise." in the log if you want to go over that bit again.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, I thought Amadi just popped in by being Amadi.
Gaurav: She kind of got upstaged by Amadi unfortunately. I don't think we even spoke to her after Amadi showed up, and once she vanished, we just went into the inn without even saying goodbye. She must think we're rude.
Apheori (GM): And now she must think you're really rude.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu: We apologize for Mrs. Teatime there, Guardian Ekka. She's ... enthusiastic.
Ekka: What...
Teatime?
Ekka picks herself up and glares down at Amadi.
Ekka: What are you doing in my house?
Rhu: No, it's morning. Breakfasttime. But that is Mrs. Teatime. (gestures)
Amadi: Asking answers.
Do you have them? They think you have them. I don't think they do.
Ekka: Right.
What do you need?
Well, no.
First, let me get dressed. Out, all of you.
Frezak (GM): I'll slink out.
Rhu: ... did any of us bother to take a photograph of the rift? Maybe Radek has something from the camera on his eye-robot thing?
Frezak (GM): As much as I can.
Ganelon: I doubt it would come equipped with the ability to take photos.
Maybe this new one. Then again, it may just spit out confetti or serve as an emergency disco ball.
Gaurav: ...
I am going to be so disappointed if we don't need to use an emergency disco ball sometime in this campaign.
Frezak (GM): CONFETTI
Ekka: With Greibel involved, that may only be the beginning of strangeness.
Frezak (GM): When someone scores a crit.
Gaurav: Emergency disco balls in a field of marijuana.
The villain is dispatched in a cloud of blood and guts as sparkling confetti rains from the sky.
Ganelon: Even if it's not designed to do that, all it would take is a well-cut prism and the laser could make a... considerably more dangerous disco ball in a pinch.
Bear Soup Guy: Timothy Leary just twitched in his grave
Pleasure twitch
Gaurav: I don't know who you are, or where you come from, but you've done me a power of good.
Ganelon: So just find me some nice transparent solid like class and I'll get right on that.
Glass, even.
Frezak (GM): I have bottles.
Ganelon: I'd probably need them to be glass all the way through
Gaurav: Is Ekka done getting dressed yet?
Apheori (GM): Ekka comes out onto the porch, followed by Amadi, who you realise didn't actually leave before.
Ekka: Okay, what?
Gaurav: Who wants to make with the explaining?
Frezak (GM): Rhu or Radek.
Maybe Rhu.
He's not mad or rude.
Gaurav: Hahaha, okay. Feel free to interrupt.
Rhu: Guardian Ekka: we come from Sarathi, through paths unclear. We have been investigating the rift that lurks under the large dead tree near here. On the tree, we spied a small tree alight with light which appeared to be guarding the rift. Or against it.
Do any of these things make sense to you? Because we are fair flummoxed.
We also sent a robot through the rift. It saw a beach and Sarathi and what looks like a huge rift 'twixt universes. I don't know what we can do about that, but my lord Hazz'ridan the Wonderful demands that we close it, on this planet at least, so that is what we aim to do.
Ekka: You mean the hole? With the really big tree over it.
The Gravedigger: Very flummoxed.
Amadi: Wonderful!
Rhu: That's the one.
Amadi: Oh, he is wonderful. Wonderful like you wouldn't believe.
Really, I do want to see if you believe it.
See it with eyes.
Never seen it with eyes.
Rhu: He gave us our sanity yesterday right before we were destroyed by the forces of darkness that lurked in the pool of water that the rift is immersed in.
Ekka: What do you want me to do, explain the world to you?
Rhu: He is truly Wonderful.
...
Yes.
The Gravedigger: That would be great.
Radek: Yes, I would appreciate that.
Ekka sighs tiredly.
Ekka: I don't know where you lot are from, but around these parts things don't exactly work that way.
I'll spell this out for you.
We... don't... know.
The Gravedigger: Well that's no fun.
Ekka: The hole appeared.
The land died.
Rhu: When was that?
Ekka: Well, died more than usual. Summers always kill it.
But it didn't come back this time.
Three years past.
Salt's kept the town going since, but the water's toxic. Nothing grows, except what grows wrong.
And strangers come through from time to time. Mostly harmless, some mad, some confused, but they don't hunger for the land here, at least.
Ganelon: Which direction did we follow that river? North?
Ekka: Sure, why not. North and east.
Dammit.
Apheori (GM): OOC.
Gaurav: What direction is the rift from the village?
Apheori (GM): More south, probably.
Unless I specified.
Radek: We found safe water far to the northeast.
Or, apparently safe.
These three seem healthy enough.
Ekka: Aye, the effect is fortunately relatively localised.
For now, at least.
If Sanessee is any indication, this may not remain the case.
Rhu: Why are there no children in this town?
Sanessee?
Ekka: The children... are gone.
They were the most susceptible, and before we realised what was happening...
Sanessee has another such hole, though different. Opened up some 200 years ago, and slowly grew ever since.
Broke the land.
And spreading.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 history check to see if "Sanessee" rings any bells in my head
(
12
)
+3
=
15
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Radek: Would it happen to have opened up near a beach?
Apheori (GM): Sanessee is a valley in the Darian highlands.
Ekka: Sanessee is a valley in the Darian highlands.
Apheori (GM): Ghuh.
Rhu writes all this down
Ekka: So no.
Radek: We're looking for a way to close these holes... or vacate the planet, if you know of one.
Ekka: Close them? You might as well look for a way to move an ocean.
Amadi: You can move oceans.
Hide mountains.
Close black holes.
These holes don't seem black.
Unless they are.
Radek: Consider yourself fortunate that they are not.
Amadi: Anything's possible.
Radek: We would all be obliterated.
Rhu: I think they're kind of ... shimmery.
Ekka: Well, if you find a way, that'd be something.
Don't expect anyone to hold their breath.
Amadi: I made a shimmery once. It looked a little like this.
Amadi holds up Rhu's implement.
Amadi: Wrong.
Gaurav: I should warn everybody that I should leave for class in, like, 45-50 mins or so. Sorry for always being the first one out >.<
Bear Soup Guy: No worries
We were planning about a four hour or so session anyway, weren't we?
Apheori (GM): Right.
Rhu: Thank you for this information, Guardian Ekka. Alas, our departure seems indefinitely postponed due to my God's insistence that we find a way to close this hole. With his help, we shall surely move an ocean.
Gaurav: I don't think we're going to get much more information from the villagers. Should we go take another look at the rift, or head straight to the end of the dry river bank?
Frezak (GM): Well she seems to think it's not the river that's the problem but the earth itself.
And I don't know what we could get from the rift.
Unless Radek has some new science idea.
Oh, ask her about the tree(s)
Ganelon: I have no science ideas.
Rhu: Was the tree dead before the hole appeared? When did the litte tree start growing on the big one?
Ekka: The Ancient?
Frezak (GM): We'd need to find out what is powering the rift.
Ekka: Which tree?
Rhu: Tell us about both trees.
Ekka: What trees?
Gaurav: We could try hitting the rift with energy and see what happens.
Ekka: The Ancient is a legend, said to die with the passing of the world. But you're asking about a real tree, aren't you?
Rhu: The large tree growing on the rift, and the little tree growing on the large tree.
Frezak (GM): Not sure about firing a laser at the rift >.>
Maybe from really far.
Rhu: We could try physically blocking it with something ... no, it'd just get disintegrated, wouldn't it. Hm.
Radek: Would you like us to simply take you there?
It would hardly require much time. We have a vehicle capable of flight.
Frezak (GM): Well, if the rift just relocates stuff rather than.. disintegrated it, I would just collapse the sinkhole.
Ekka: Oh, that tree...
It's been dead as long as anyone remembers.
Rest were fine before this, but now they all look the same.
Rhu: Hmm, I wonder if the rift chose it, then. And why ...
Ekka: The silly graft Hodgesons put there is still alive?
Rhu: Ah! That sounds like the little tree I was talking about. What's that all about?
Gaurav: DO all the trees look the same? Like, do they all look dead or do they all look *identically* dead?
Ekka: Shalott. What else?
Apheori (GM): They just all look dead.
Dried out.
Bleached.
Rhu: Shalott?
Ekka: You haven't tried it? Our gal makes... well, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's certainly strong. She came back from the big city and really made a place for herself, that one.
Probably half the reason most of the folks are still here. Too drunk to leave.
Rhu: Ah. I know that feeling. So why did Hodgesons put a graft on the big tree? And who is he? Or she?
Ekka: Genri Hodgeson's boys. They were drunk, thought it'd be funny.
Nobody expected it to survive, of course, but they had a bit of magic what made it work.
Radek: What is it supposed to do?
Ekka: Do?
It was a prank!
At least I think it was a prank.
Probably a prank.
Rhu: It seems to be ... interacting with the rift somehow. Do you know where the pool of water that the rift is immersed in comes from?
Ekka: You mean besides groundwater?
Rain was sparse even before, but the land has its own water.
Rhu: It ... vanished of its own accord yesterday. And then reappeared. And the rift seemed to be scared of it. If rifts can know fear.
Ekka: Which, conveniently, all got poisoned.
Vanished, eh?
Did you magic it somehow?
Rhu: Nope. Well. The paladin fell in. He was maybe a bit magical.
Ekka: Fell in?
That's dangerous magic. Dark.
Amadi: He's not dead, you know. Not here, but not dead.
Rhu: Yay!
Amadi: Or does dead just mean 'not here'?
Are you dead? Are you here?
Fuzzy little world.
The Gravedigger: In my experience dead is lying at the bottom of the hole.
And not getting out.
Ever.
Amadi: How strange for you.
Ekka snorts.
Radek: Looks like we're going back to investigate.
Rhu: Would you like to come with us to the rift? Perhaps you can tell us something about the dark magic of the mysterious pool.
The Gravedigger: Let's throw random things at it and see what happens.
Rhu: That is a most excellent plan.
Ekka: Argh, really?
You barge into my house, you interrogate me, and now you want to kidnap me too? Is there no end?
The Gravedigger: Who talked about kidnapping?
Is everyone in this place insane?
Rhu: ...
The Gravedigger: Come on, guys.
I don't see us finding anything useful here.
Everyone is just mental.
Ekka: I'm kidding.
Dunno what good it'll do you.
Amadi: It's a different Hazz. That's what's wrong.
This one's a different one.
I mean, it's all Hazz, but there's different heads. Like a spider.
But what's wrong about it?
The oranges?
Rhu: Oranges?
The Gravedigger sighs.
Amadi: Purple ones.
The Gravedigger: Let's just go fire lasers at the rift or something.
Standing here talking to the mad midget isn't gonna help us solve this.
Radek: Agreed.
Rhu: Completely agree with heading to the rift. I think we should bring these two along, though I'm willing to be overruled.
The Gravedigger: What for?
Drop the midget in and see what happens?
SHe has some form of teleportation or space-bending power.
Radek: I've heard worse ideas.
The Gravedigger: Come on, little lady.
Rhu waves vaguely and mutter something about insight and perception checks
The Gravedigger: Let's go do some hole science.
Frezak (GM): I don't see what I'd perceive and my insight sucks.
Gaurav: No, I meant they might have higher insight and perception than us. Or history, for that matter. Since we've already looked at it; instead of looking at it again, we should get other people to look at it. It might do nothing, in which case we're right back where we started, but it might help.
Frezak (GM): I have banging perception, man.
Really.
I can roll +19 every 5 minutes.
Gaurav: WOAH
okay
Amadi: I've done hole science. Wound up sinking the city.
Frezak (GM): And Rp-wise, the old woman doesn't seem to know anything or particularly want to help.
And Amadi.. well. >.>
She just gibbering.
Gaurav: well, then, leave them behind and go see what these level 2 eyes can see?
Frezak (GM): Yeah
Gaurav: Rhu is religious, he's fascinated by people who gibber.
Frezak (GM): And try some more active stuff with the rift.
Lasers, magic....
Gaurav: And I personally find their gibbering entertaining, but maybe that's just me.
Apheori (GM): Mind your time.
Frezak (GM): It's entertaining, but not helping our characters get anywhere.
Gaurav: Hee I'm on it
Frezak (GM): Gravy has a job to do. he'd like to get it done.
Gaurav: Counting down all the things I need to push to 4:45pm instead of doing them now >.>
fair enough
Ganelon: Onwards, then?
Frezak (GM): Yarr
Ganelon: I don't think our solution will be found at the rift itself, but clues... perhaps.
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
Rhu: Thank you for your help, Guardian Ekka and Mrs. Teatime. We shall head to the rift ourselves, see what we can learn, and report back to you when we can. Thank you for your help!
Rhu shakes everybody's hand and heads to CAR
Ekka: Uh-huh.
Frezak (GM): I'm just gonna clomp out.
Ganelon: Likewise.
Amadi follows.
Ganelon: No farewells. Just grumbling.
Gaurav: Okay, that's time for me, I'm afraid! Sorry to bail out. If you keep going, remember that you get +1 perception when within 5 spaces of Rhu, and that I can do 1d20+12 perception checks or 1d20+8 religion (including half-levels)
Frezak (GM): Oh, so... +20 perception then.
Whoo.
Apheori (GM): We should call it. I need to pack and stuff.
Frezak (GM): righ
Gaurav: okay
byeeeeeee
Bear Soup Guy: Adios!
Apheori (GM): Should we do tuesday?
Frezak (GM): Provisionally.
I don't know what I'm doing next Tuesday yet.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll probably be free
Ganelon: I almost certainly will.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Let's aim for that, then. And if it's a no, just... let everyone know or something.
Frezak (GM): I'll probably know before this week is done.

Session 8

Apheori (GM): So what, you all were going to the hole again or something?
Also it should be noted that at least Radek and Gravy probably expect the car to run out of battery at some point. Maybe. You could roll a thingy to try to tell what's powering it, because it could last indefinitely.
Or did you already roll that?
Bear Soup Guy: I don't think we checked that
Although now I remember I was gone most of last session
Or was that the session before?
Ganelon: I'll roll a thingy.
Bear Soup Guy: Hrrrrrm
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
3
)
+10
=
13
Mm, yes, these cup-holders are definitely in fine working order.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Ganelon: If there was a "satisfaction" gauge on this vehicle, we'd be doing great.
Apheori (GM): So I guess all you know is it's not gravity-based because otherwise it'd have been wrecked. Which only kind of narrows it down since folks'll drop in whatever the hell kind of power source they feel like.
Ganelon: It's probably magic.
Apheori (GM): Oh, they're almost all at least somewhat magic.
Ganelon: Maybe I'll just spare us the trouble of it running out and convert the whole thing into magical dust.
But not right now.
Apheori (GM): Snrk.
Gaurav: How far away is the tree? Is it practicable to walk there from the village if CAR breaks down?
Apheori (GM): Three days, someone said.
Gaurav: Also, if we're running low on battery, or might be, we might want to go follow the river upstream first. Althoguh that could end very, very badly if we do run out of battery there.
eeks
Apheori (GM): Oh, and I figured out the geography!
The river is really long!
I mean... well, it's kind of long.
Gaurav: YAY! do you have maps? can we have maps?
Apheori (GM): It seems long to ME.
I have a blob.
There's a little blob above it.
And some dots. For cities.
And an X for the hole.
Frezak (GM): Hooole
Gaurav: nice! I guess it'd be cheating for us to get a copy? We should probably be drawing our own map or something.
Apheori (GM): Get to a city proper and just buy one or something.
Gaurav: I worry that this campaign is going to end with Gravy ascending to some sort of hole-based goddom
Frezak (GM): Ask the willagers where the big city is!
'descending', surely.
Gaurav: Did I say "worry"? I meant "excited".
Apheori (GM): But seriously, don't buy a map. I can't draw.
Gaurav: So: are we at the hole? Did we bring Amadi?
Apheori (GM): You're in the car and Amadi climbed in uninvited.
Gaurav: So: hole or river?
Or even
Rhu: So: hole or river?
Gaurav: P.S. lunch today is kale and it is delicious.
Ganelon: Juuuust so you know.
Roll20 actually has a thing for this.
Like if we want images of stuff our characters own, such as maps.
Gaurav: Do they have tools for that? Or do you just upload an image?
Ganelon: It's a specific feature of the journal.
Amadi: Oh, can I just draw a blob somewhere?
Apheori (GM): Er, oops.
Gan: Can I draw a blob directly in it?
Ganelon: No, that would be inadvisable anyways since this is almost worse than Microsoft Paint.
Frezak (GM): You mean image handouts, Gan?
Amadi starts drawing something on Greibel's back.
Ganelon: But you can upload an image to the Handouts thing in the journal.
Yarr, that.
Gaurav: Have the pigeons poop us a map.
Greibel twitches uncomfortably
Gaurav: like, on the ground. Not ... never mind.
Frezak (GM): Draw on the porridge.
Gaurav: Can characters upload stuff? Or is it DM only?
haha, you'll tickle it
Apheori (GM): This thing doesn't support vector images. >.>
Well, ANYWAY.
FLYING.
FLY SOMEWHERE.
YOUR DM COMMANDS YOU.
Frezak (GM): Hole, I think.
And push Amadi in.
Rhu: I vote river, but ... okay.
Frezak (GM): Well.
Rhu takes the car up and points it holewards
Frezak (GM): What could we do with the river?
I was given to understand that it was the earth that was the problem.
Apheori (GM): Follow it elsewhere. Get information.
Become very confused.
Frezak (GM): Dammit.
Back in 15 >.>
Apheori (GM): Ghuh.
Rhu: I thought there was a hint of something interesting at the end of it, but perusing the logs I find nothing.
Greibel: You can lead a party of reluctant adventurers to the river
But you can't make us drink
Amadi: But you will drink. You will.
But will you drink with gills?
Gaurav: Plus, Rhu still thinks that something might happen when Amadi and the Hole get to know each other. Plus plus, I don't think we ever got Greibel to poke into the druid magic around the little tree on the big tree.
Greibel looks disappointed "I...I don't have gills." :(
Amadi: Look! An idiot!
Amadi points down toward a zombie.
Apheori (GM): At least it might be a zombie.
Greibel: Exciting.
Rhu: You can't drink with gills. That's like drinking with alveoli. It doesn't make sense.
Woah!
Gaurav: How far from the tree are we?
Amadi pauses, looks confused, and then points toward Rhu instead.
Apheori (GM): Near but not at, I suppose.
Also let's hold up for Frezak to get back.
Radek chuckles quietly to himself.
Gaurav: We'll stay airborne and watch this zombie while we wait. Can you describe him/her for us?
Frezak (GM): Eh, you can keep going.
Apheori (GM): Okay, the zombie... it's kind of big, appears to be rotting, wearing torn clothes, and lurching around aimlessless.
There's something of a hole in its head.
Rhu mutters to himself: "Holes ... there's something about everything that's going on and holes ..."
Apheori (GM): Big like the large guy in town, not a flat-out giant.
Greibel: Poor guy. It's probably really hard for him to play guitar.
Rhu: We'll get him a double bass.
Amadi: He remembers.
Radek: ...What?
Amadi: You know, seventeen.
Radek: I don't know any such thing.
Greibel: Seventeen must be his favorite double bass song...
Apheori (GM): Kyrule likes threes. Optimist. It'll bite him in the arse.
Amadi: Kyrule likes threes. Optimist. It'll bite him in the arse.
Apheori (GM): Ghah.
Gaurav: Should I do a religion check to see if I know who Kyrule is? Or is it something obvious that Rhu would know?
Apheori (GM): You don't know.
She's rambling.
Gaurav: Rhu knows that name, though. Hazz'ridan mentioned it earlier, while we were chatting.
Apheori (GM): Oh, okay.
Well you still don't know who it is. >.>
Rhu: (to Amadi) Who's Kyrule? Hazz'ridan spoke of him when we ... communed yesterday.
Amadi starts giggling.
Gaurav: Plus, Rhu is slightly in awe of Amadi and assumes that everything she says must contain a nugget of deep wisdom &c.
Apheori (GM): Bahahahah.
Sorry.
I hope don't ruin this too much for Ellemerr...
Ganelon: See, it's stuff like this that makes Radek disdainful of the gods.
Amadi: The Hazz would know! Of course it would. The Hazz knows lots of things, has a thing for knowing, you know, knowing things. Lots of things. But not here. Here it's not so much about that. It's much more subtle. Threads.
Ganelon: Everyone's crazy, but divine people are just the *worst* sort of crazy.
Gaurav: Hey, Rhu's god just spoke with him yesterday. He's not at his criticalest. He'll be back.
Amadi: Bean threads, tapioca, and tentacles!
Rhu nods sagely.
Apheori (GM): Amadi's crazy ain't divine crazy, though.
At least I don't think it is.
But someone could totally start a religion around it nonetheless.
Ganelon: She talks about gods enough for Radek to be convinced they're responsible for her madness.
Greibel: I'd join a religion of secular lunacy
err
Apheori (GM): Heh, he might be onto somethere there.
Bear Soup Guy: OOC
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Does this game have a "mad god"?
Gaurav: No no, I love the idea of Greibel just thinking and thinking and thinking and then saying something completely random.
Apheori (GM): Just one?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): XD
Does it tell you anything that Amadi's sanity bonus is currently down as '10 - (?) + cat'
?
Bear Soup Guy: That tells me wonderful things
Gaurav: only one cat? that's not very insane.
Apheori (GM): She exists as a person most of the time. How insane could she get?
Or was that the cat?
Well, the cat is insane, if that makes things worse.
Amadi hums the Star Wars theme song.
Ganelon: Yeah, you can't just ignore the cat's opinion on things.
Rhu: Oooh, that's dramatic.
Greibel pantomimes music conducting
Gaurav: brb 2 mins
Apheori (GM): Are we all here now?
Gaurav: yes!
Bear Soup Guy: Beedle
Apheori (GM): Frezak?
Gaurav: Have we seen any roads while we've been on this planet? Or any vehicles at the village?
Apheori (GM): They had carts!
Roads appeared to be hard dirt.
But there's a lot of hard dirt.
Gaurav: Did we ever see the carts harnessed to anything?
Bear Soup Guy imagines the willagers pulling each other around in carts
Bear Soup Guy: Willy sillagers
Ganelon: Frezak's away.
Mike B.: Damn Republicans cutting funding for infrastructure.
Ganelon: I'm not sure what for, but it should be a while.
Apheori (GM): None of the carts ever moved.
When you were there.
So you don't know what they do wit hthem.
Rhu: Mysterious.
Bear Soup Guy: Clearly some sort of arcane cart ritual
Gaurav: Maybe that's what the giant was trying to tell us
Bear Soup Guy: "Watch out for those magic carts"
Gaurav: Maybe he has to pull them around
Amadi: Vanishing carts.
They fit in your pocket, but they really weigh you down.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so do something, then.
Although this would all go a lot better if we could ever have a session with everyone entirely here.
Ganelon: It really would.
Bear Soup Guy: Considering our time zone discrepancies and immense potential for distraction, we still do pretty well
Ganelon: So there's a zombie underneath us?
Gaurav: BSG: Truth!
Apheori (GM): Yes.
And yes.
Gaurav: Does the zombie look male? Or is it not obvious given decomposition?
Ganelon: Would this be a magical zombie?
Or one of those disease-based ones the kids are all talking about these days?
Apheori (GM): Er... what's the difference?
Judging by the size and general proportions it appears it was male. Now it's mostly a grey heap of ambling grossness.
Well, okay, slight overstatement perhaps, but it looks like a zombie.
Rhu: Ew.
Ganelon: Well, there could be quite a few differences, but the two I'm primarily concerned with are:
- Is it infectious?
- Did someone animate this corpse intentionally (with magic)?
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if I can determine anything about the creature
(
9
)
+12
=
21
Apheori (GM): Good questions!
Gaurav: ... bearing in mind that Avengers have an attack that only works against the undead, so I guess we had to take ... zombie classes in school
Ganelon: Technically it could also be a magic zombie if... residual magics played a part in its creation.
Apheori (GM): Rhu discerns that it was probably animated with magic.
He also notices that the hole in its head is glowing slightly.
Gaurav: Same sort of glow as the tree and the pool?
Rhu suddenly has a sinking feeling in his stomach.
Apheori (GM): ...yes.
Rhu: You ... you don't suppose that's Azir, do you?
Radek: Eh?
Greibel: No silly, that's a zombie
Rhu: Well, he vanished in the glowing pool. Maybe he came back ... not entirely alive. And glowing.
Ganelon: Well if he's bringing it up, what would you like me to roll to see if it resembles Azir?
Apheori (GM): Unless you suddenly forgot how big Azir is, I don't think you need to roll. >.>
Unless he got bigger.
Bear Soup Guy: The bloating occuring with corpsification could get somebody bigger :P
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
What should you roll?
For that.
Bear Soup Guy: Then again they probably lose a lot of moisture too
Apheori (GM): Naw, it doesn't look like Azir.
Doesn't look like anyone in particular.
Also looks to have been dead for awhile.
And the hole makes it harder to tell much...
Bear Soup Guy: Time travel zombies
Actually, I like that one
Greibel: Time travel zombies...
Amadi: No, I don't think you want to eat that. It's testicles, you know.
Greibel: Huh....good to know.
Amadi: Hmm?
Greibel: The testicles thing
Amadi: Oh, I didn't order it.
Greibel: Oh, that's quite alright then
Rhu, did you order testicles?
Rhu shakes his head
Rhu: (to the zombie) "HELLO DOWN THERE"
Apheori (GM): The zombie walks into a tree and groans horribly.
Greibel: Awww, he likes you!
Rhu quivers
Rhu: It's disgusting. I think we should put it out of its misery.
Radek: I never did understand why some wizards prefer to animate organic bodies. It's simply lazy, it is.
Frezak (GM): Wassup?
Wassgoinoooon?
Gaurav: Hullo!
Bear Soup Guy: We're looking at a zombie
Gaurav: There's a zombie.
Like he said.
Frezak (GM): Whazzit doin' ?
Radek: Sure, they might be able to move if their muscles are intact, but for how long, and how well?
Frezak (GM): ZOMBIE?
WHY ARE WE NOT BURYING IT?
Rhu: We should kill it.
Greibel: Well that would just be redundant
Rhu: We should kill it _again_.
Kill it further.
Radek: Certainly.
Mike B.: I've met people in D&D games with absolutely no life, but this is ridiculous.
The Gravedigger: Burn it.
Ashes don't have muscles.
Anyone have a flamethrower?
Bear Soup Guy: Thanks, Mike!
Ganelon: I think he's making a zombie joke.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, I just got that
Hah!
Ganelon: Rather than just being incredibly rude.
Apheori (GM): Oooh.
Mike B.: My jokes usually have that effect.
Gaurav: Rhu's antipathy for zombies aside, we should probably just leave it and move on. It might be important later. Or something.
Frezak (GM): Aside from the the fact that the 'people' you meet 'in' D&D games are NPCs and therefore of course not alive what with being figments of a collective imagination.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Don't say things like that. Play the character, screw things up!
Frezak (GM): Where is this zomble, then?
Apheori (GM): Or not.
Under you. Not directly, but... well, you know.
Frezak (GM): Where are /we/ ?
Apheori (GM): You're like hovering above it. You were on the way to the tree/hole. Kind of near it but not at.
Frezak (GM): We could throw it into the hole.
Gaurav: Ooooh. I like that idea.
Mike B.: I say we make it a slave.
Frezak (GM): I have this grappling hook, right....
Bear Soup Guy: He and Rasputin would probably get along splendidly
Gaurav: Are you saying this in character?
The Gravedigger: Let's drop it into the rift.
I can use Mr. Grapples.
Rhu: EW! Bring that THING on board? It SMELLS.
The Gravedigger: Now, have it dangle.
Greibel: Pfff. You can't smell it from here
The Gravedigger: This way we don't bet bitten or clawed or gooked.
Rhu: ...
What if it climbs up the rope?
The Gravedigger: It's going to have a grappling hook going through it's body.
I doubt it's going to be agile enough to ninja it's way up.
Rhu: ...
Okay
Greibel: But just think
"Zombie Ninjas"....
Radek: We could also just cut the rope at any point.
Rhu: But if it does anything funny, I'm landing the CAR on top of its head
And then I'm doing that again
Yeah, that's true.
Okay.
Radek: You're not crashing this vehicle into anything while I'm aboard.
Rhu: It might be useful to see what the pool is up to today vis-a-vis elven bodies before jumping in.
The Gravedigger: All righty.
Time to snatch up some dead meat.
Rhu: Not crashing, landing. You won't feel a thing. Well, maybe a squishy sort of thump.
The Gravedigger: Sure.
This guy will keep.
A squelch.
Greibel sings cattily "We're gonna catch a zoooombie. We're gonna catch a zooooooombie!"
Rhu: That's the one.
Frezak (GM): IT'S GRAPPLE TIME
Mr Grapples! FLYYYY
rolling 1D20+5
(
3
)
+5
=
8
noooo
Mr. Grapples!
You betray me!
Apheori (GM): Dude, you missed. You missed a zombie trying to walk through a tree.
HOW?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Frezak (GM): BECAUSE I AM NOT PROFICIENT WITH GRAPPLING HOOKS AS A WEAPON.
TURNS OUT GRAVEDIGGERS DONT DO THAT MUCH.
Radek shoots a look of disappointment at Gravy.
Frezak (GM): Can I try again, kind DM?
Ganelon: It may be hard to read through all the chrome.
Mike B.: If anything, the zombie is probably pissed off that we tried to take him to school.
Frezak (GM): That look hurts.
Because it meant that he had hope in Gravy.
Oh, and did we roll perception on him?
Gaurav: Maybe we could dangle something in front of it and lure it along?
Apheori (GM): You didn't wreck the hook.
You can always try again if things are still... well, there and stuff. And not wrecked or what have you.
Frezak (GM): I'll try another hooking.
rolling 1D20+5
(
12
)
+5
=
17
Apheori (GM): And I dunno, did anyone roll perception?
Gaurav: Yep. I rolled 9+12=21 perception.
Frezak (GM): BAH.
That's my minimum.
I gan get 21 on a crit fail.
Apheori (GM): Roll for damage.
Gaurav: We noticed that "it was probably animated with magic.
He also notices that the hole in its head is glowing slightly. "
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D8+4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
Apheori (GM): Okay, it didn't fall apart.
Frezak (GM): Brill.
Gaurav: YAY!
Frezak (GM): LIFT OFF
Ganelon: Hooks are a 1d8? Yikes.
Frezak (GM): It's a heavy Improvised.
Gaurav: Say what you will, this zombie is going to get one sweet burial at some point.
Apheori (GM): How quickly do you lift off?
Frezak (GM): Fuck yeah.
Rhu: Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.
Frezak (GM): Not TOO quickly.
We don't want to rip it apart.
Rhu: We're in the air, so we're not lifting -- just traveling horizontally. I think.
Unless there are many trees in the way.
Apheori (GM): You need to pick it up.. Hence lift.
Frezak (GM): We don't want to smash it against things.
Apheori (GM): Unless Rhu wants to drag it along the ground.
Did he forget to lift?
Gaurav: We could walk it like a dog on a leash. Hmm, smashing it versus it falling apart bceause of gravity, tough call.
Let's say he does the sensible thing ...
Apheori (GM): Which one is sensible?
Frezak (GM): Dragging it will tear it to bits.
Rhu lifts it a foot off the ground and heads towards the hole
Gaurav: ... and see what happens?
Apheori (GM): It dangles and makes funny noises.
Waves its arms a bit.
Tries to grab a passing tree.
Frezak (GM): Thats... interesting.
Gaurav: Aw, poor thing.
Frezak (GM): Has anyone tried talking to it?
Amadi: More fish.
Please.
The Gravedigger: HELLO DOWN THERE MISTER ZOMBIE.
Greibel: It's so nice that we can have pets like this.
Greibel strokes Rasputin
Apheori (GM): The zombie doesn't appear to notice. It grabs a tree.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Apheori (GM): It clings to the tree.
Gaurav: Crap.
Rhu stops CAR
Apheori (GM): It falls off the tree.
The Gravedigger: Radek?
Take off it's arm.
Apheori (GM): its
Ganelon: I'll try this.
Rhu: I think it let go of the tree?
I can't see from up here! What's going on?
Apheori (GM): It looks like its arm already fell off.
Rhu: ...
Frezak (GM): Too slow >.>
Huh.
Poor zomble.
Rhu: is it holding on to anything?
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
TO GLORY
Rhu continues driving slowly towards the pool
Apheori (GM): The arm fell on the ground.
Heh.
You reach the hole!
Gaurav: YAY!
Apheori (GM): It looks like before, full and kind of... alluring.
Frezak (GM): HOLE.
Peer down to look for a paladin.
Rhu: ... is it just me, or is that pool kind of ... alluring?
I'm not sure I've ever been allured by a pool before.
The Gravedigger: NOPE.
NOT A LITTLE.
Apheori (GM): And Gravy's right - as soon as you notice the feeling passes.
Rhu: That was odd.
Apheori (GM): It's just a hole, not calling to you, not making you lose your mind.
Unless...
Gaurav: Can we see the hole from up here? I guess it's back underwater now? But maybe it's shiny?
Apheori (GM): Radek, Greibel: d20s
It's just a water-filled sinkhole.
A bit shimmery.
Amadi leans out and peers into the hole.
Amadi: Interesting. I can almost see my house.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You want to go in there.
Bear Soup Guy: Of course I do
Greibel: Anyone for a swim?
Rhu: Greibel, Radek: Ekka the Guardian told us that the little glowy tree up there was magicked by "Genri Hodgeson's boys". Could you check to see if you can figure out what kind of magic it is?
Radek:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Gaurav: WOAH
Frezak (GM): Someone smack Greibel, please.
Gaurav: YAY
Ganelon: WHOOOO
Greibel dons a previously unseen pair of swim trunks
Apheori (GM): Radek: You are now Greibel.
Ganelon: I will gladly smack him, though I can't promise it will introduce sense to his brain.
Frezak (GM): SOMEONE BEAT THE DRUID PLEASE.
Bear Soup Guy: O_o
Ganelon: NNOOOOOOOO
Frezak (GM): I'm busy holding this zomble.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Radek went beyond sanity.
And out the other side.
Ganelon: So where is Greibel?
Is he me?
Apheori (GM): Also Greibel.
Frezak (GM): What.
Greibel: Weird. I don't remember taking any acid today.
Gaurav: o.0
Apheori (GM): But right now you're more Greibel than he is.
Frezak (GM): My Ghast is flabbered.
Apheori (GM): And now it's back to normal.
You both are, rather.
Greibel: Well...I'm keeping the swim trunks
Ganelon: Well then.
I'm gonna sit my stoner ass right back down in my seat and go check out that tree.
Frezak (GM): Maaan.
SHit just got real.
Gaurav: That was a very nice roll.
Amadi: Okay, Radek is no longer Greibel, but Greibel now wants to check out the tree.
Apheori (GM): Er, sorry.
Okay, Radek is no longer Greibel, but Greibel now wants to check out the tree.
Greibel: Oh yeah, so what's the story on this tree, guys?
Should I check it out?
Frezak (GM): We wanna drop the Zomble first?
Or after?
I'm sure he can hang around for a bit.
Rhu drives the car until the zombie is about a foot above the center of the pool
Rhu: either/or. I figure once we drop him in we'll land, so Radek and Greibel might have a better view of the tree from up here.
Apheori (GM): The zombie struggles as it gets closer.
Rhu: Huh.
Radek rubs his temple.
Radek: It's... it's a wonder he can even talk like that.
Ganelon: Under the influence.
Amadi: Talking is easy. Words come cheap.
Now sense and meaning and production, those are more expensive. Words with power.
I had to pay a whole three euros.
And then the waiter took it away before I finished.
Greibel stares blankly
Rhu: That's awful.
What is a "euro"?
Amadi: Very shiny, like death.
The porridge purrs.
Rhu looks at Amadi askance, then back at the group
Amadi: Rasputin knows.
Rhu: So: drop the zombie first?
Then we can examine the tree and then land. Or maybe the zombie will explode everything and we'll all die. Either way.
Radek: Drop it now before it has the chance to struggle free.
Amadi: Dip him in the river who loves water.
Frezak (GM): Yarr.
Rhu: Oh-kay ...
Amadi: Urinating dog, urinating dog?
Rhu lowers the car slowly so that the zombie enters the pool feet first
Amadi: I don't feel right.
Frezak (GM): I'll need a new grapple >.>
Apheori (GM): The zombie writhes.
And thrashes.
And spashes a lot.
Gaurav: Aw, poor thing.
Apheori (GM): And explodes.
Greibel pats Amadi reassuringly. "There, there. All dogs do that." *whispers* "They can't use toilets."
Frezak (GM): Crumbs.
I pull up the rope.
What's at the end of it?
Rhu: So, I guess we're staying out of the pool today.
Apheori (GM): Is there a roll to dodge the splatter or something?
Frezak (GM): We are in a car above the hole.
Anything up to 50 feet away.
Apheori (GM): Right, but presumably at least one of you was... well, watching.
Ganelon: Now if only I were still Greibel.
Frezak (GM): I was.
Ganelon: Typical rules would make it an attack against reflex.
Frezak (GM): Makes sense.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: As in, roll a d20 + attack modifiers and then compare to each relevant character's reflex defense.
Apheori (GM): Then Gravy got a splat in the face.
Ganelon: Otherwise, you could call it a dexterity roll.
Frezak (GM): Delightful.
Rhu: All our reflexes are +1 because we're level 2 now btw
Gaurav: OOC sorry
Frezak (GM): I'll wipe my face clean with my shitty lasercloak
Gaurav: Rhu should roll too; he would have been looking over the edge so lowered the car at the right rate
my reflex is 14
Frezak (GM): Same as me!
Reflex buddies!
Gaurav high-fives Frezak
Apheori (GM): It misses Rhu.
Frezak (GM): What?
Ganelon: Mine is actually huge because intelligence makes it higher.
Frezak (GM): How does it miss him?
Apheori (GM): Different glob?
Or do all globs use the same roll?
Because that just seems really weird.
Frezak (GM): hrmph.
Gaurav: Rhu chose that exact moment to look ahead instead of over the edge?
Frezak (GM): Well I'll wipe myself and see if Mr. Grapples is intact.
Apheori (GM): Tell me the norm.
TELL ME.
Frezak (GM): I'd have just made a single +4 vs Ref against any onlookers.
Ganelon: But the norm is area attacks being rolled separately for each target and then damage being rolled for all the ones who are hit.
Gaurav: BUT I LIKE YOUR WAY BETTER DM
Frezak (GM): SHH YOU
Ganelon: THIS IS IMPORTANT
SHE MUST LEARN
Apheori (GM): Thank you, Gan.
You are correct. I need to learn.
Ganelon: Even if it costs Gravy some dignity in the process.
Frezak (GM): What dignity?
Apheori (GM): How do diseases work?
Frezak (GM): They're... uh.
Apheori (GM): Oh, nevermind.
Gaurav: There's a section on them in the back of the Player's Handbook somewhere if you have the PDF
Ganelon: I could explain.
Gaurav: brb 2-5 mins and no longer
Frezak (GM): It's in the Dungeon Master's Guide.
Every day you make an... endurance check to see whether a disease progresses, stays stable, or regresses.
Apheori (GM): What's your fortitude?
Frezak (GM): Fort is... 16.
Ganelon: Probably huge.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: If not Gnoll Huge.
Apheori (GM): Weird.
Anyway, moving on...
Frezak (GM): Gravy is as tough as you get without eating carrion for a living.
Gaurav: back
so what was on the end of the rope when Gravy pulled it up?
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Frezak (GM): Dunno yet.
Apheori (GM): The hook and some zombie bits.
Frezak (GM): MYSTERIES
Apheori (GM): I'M PAYING ATTENTION.
Frezak (GM): Sure.
So what IS at the end of the rope?
Rhu mutters "ew", while keeping a wary eye to make sure the zombie bits don't start writhing or anything.
Apheori (GM): THE HOOK AND SOME ZOMBIE BITS.
Rhu or walking
Mike B.: http://youtu.be/t0EqnoaPNLI
Rhu: I think we should examine the little tree, then land.
The Gravedigger: Radek, you want one of these bits?
For science?
Gaurav: ooh, good point
Amadi: No!
Don't!
Bad!
Lettuce.
Radek: Oh yes, definitely
Amadi: Don't touch it.
The Gravedigger: Here. Take your pick.
Amadi: Don't. Just don't.
Frezak (GM): I'm assuming we all wear gloves.
Of some form.
Amadi: Wrong wrong like a wrong in a wrong wrong wrong.
Ganelon: I'm just putting it in a bottle.
Frezak (GM): Given that we are equipped for a hostile environment and potential combat zone.
Ganelon: No touching necessary.
Frezak (GM): Also I have gloves because I use a shovel a lot.
Amadi: Went right through the rubber, right through the glass, right through the brain, through the wall through the sun through the world and it all ended with the shards everywhere the trees were shards broken shards shattered shards amidst the black with no glow, no shine, no gleaming amidst the black, only black and cold and no silence.
Amadi clutches her head and starts whimpering.
Frezak (GM): I'll shake off the other bits.
And put the hook away.
TO THE TREE
Greibeltime!
Radek: Would this be a horrible blackness, perchance?
Gaurav: It's _always_ Greibeltime.
Frezak (GM): YEAAAAAHHH
Rhu drives us towards the little tree, but at a safe distance
Amadi sits up slowly and stares at Radek, before yelling, "IT IS ALL BLACKNESS!"
Amadi: Is. Was. Looked to the future. Weren't none.
Amadi mumbles.
Greibel cracks his knuckles theatrically
Ganelon: I'll make a point of him not responding to that.
Rhu: (to Radek) What happened? Is she okay?
Radek: Am I the expert on crazy people now?
The Gravedigger: Is the crazy babbling senseless girl okay?
SHe's breathing. That's about our diagnostic limits really.
Rhu: You were talking to her right before she ... you know ... (makes a sign indicating hysteria)
And you are the expert on most things.
The Gravedigger: That's true.
Amadi: It didn't happen. The world ended and we couldn't stop it, so we broke it all, we broke it, and we said it would be okay, it would work out different this time, but we didn't mention the sacrifice, that it would take a sacrifice to work and even then it wouldn't work, and he would be the sacrifice because we loved him and we knew him and it'd work, except it wouldn't work because we lost the dreamer and the madness and the cat. Catman is really a cat, man.
There are no cats.
I don't want to go back.
YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.
Greibel: Woah woah woah
Gaurav: Catman would be a quality superhero.
Greibel: You need to center yourself, let out the bad energy
Rhu: ... what sort of sacrifice?
Amadi stops and looks around, confused.
Amadi: I'm sorry, did someone say something?
Rhu sighs
Radek: One might infer that she knows something, but if so, it would be next to impossible to distinguish it from everything else she says.
Apheori (GM): (to Rhu) And who are you? You're rather cute, now aren't you!
Amadi: (to Rhu) And who are you? You're rather cute, now aren't you!
Apheori (GM): Ghah.
She knows many things.
But are any of them even relvant?
The Gravedigger: Let us just get to that tree, eh?
Ganelon: Exactly.
Apheori (GM): Mysteries!
Radek: Yes. Now magic, there's something I can make sense of.
Amadi: Oh, how interesting!
Rhu: She is very deep. But sometimes she is very shallow. There's a truth in there somewhere, though, I can feel it.
The Gravedigger: I dig holes in dirt, not in words.
Rhu drives us over to the tree
Apheori (GM): So tree. The tree is before you, glowing slightly and growing happily out of the other tree.
Amadi: Looks almost like magic, that.
Radek: Yes... but what kind, I wonder?
Ganelon: Arcana roll?
Frezak (GM): NATURE?
Ganelon: Which should actually be +11 because I forgot we were level 2?
Frezak (GM): I have... 2 arcana >.>
Apheori (GM): Roll whatever!
Frezak (GM): I'll make some nature goodness.
rolling 1D20+9
(
14
)
+9
=
23
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
10
)
+11
=
21
MAGIC MEN
ROLLIN' GOOD.
Actually mine's strictly average.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20 + 12 NATURE
(
14
)
+12
=
26
Rhu: I'll just stare at it and see if I notice anything.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Greibel: It's not natural. The tree is growing off nothing, feeding itself purely on... well, probably magic. The bark is weird, the leaves are weird, and it's generally shaped weirdly.
Greibel: You get this urge to try talking to it.
Rhu: No, hang on, I'll check it for religious significance.
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
10
)
+8
=
18
The Gravedigger: That's not like any tree I know. It's not naturally sustained.
Greibel: HELLO TREE! DO NOT FEAR US! WE COME IN PEACE! EXCEPT...WELL, WE WANT TO EXPERIMENT ON YOU!
The Gravedigger: EXPERIMENT PEACEFULLY THOUGH
Apheori (GM): Gan: The tree is more magical than natural, but you're not sure what kind of magic it is, if it's even anything you've ever seen. It's not like the hole/rift magic, and it's also not like what a tree graft should be. It's like whatever magic was originally used was later changed into something else, probably by the rift below.
Greibel: The tree doesn't really move or do anything in response, but you also get the impression that it did indeed hear you.
Radek: This is a mutation of... something.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It seems like something that could be cultish, but fortunately no cults have found it.
Radek: Er, a magical mutation, that is. Whatever it once was is obfuscated but what it's become now.
Rhu: Why does it glow?
Apheori (GM): As in they could form a cult around it, I mean.
Ganelon: obfuscated *by*, rather.
Greibel: Hey man, don't call it a "mutation", man. That's offensive!
HE DIDN'T MEAN IT, WEIRD TREE!
Apheori (GM): Radek: The glow isn't a direct effect of the magic. It
's like there are no direct effects, only side effects?
It's weird.
Radek: It's not purposeful, I can tell you that much.
In fact, I can't even begin to guess what purpose this tree was supposed to have.
Rhu: Weird.
Amadi: It's pretty. Think they sell them?
The Gravedigger: From what we heard in the village, I don't seem to recall it having ANY purpose.
Rhu: We could try to find "Genri Hodgeson's boys" and ask them, I guess. But they were apparently drunk at the time.
The Gravedigger: A prank, I think the innkeep said.
Do we think this tree is relevant to anything?
Rhu shrugs
Rhu: it went all shiny and glowy when we drained the pool yesterday
I think
Greibel: This tree means something! This is important!
Rhu: and there was that weird graffiti that suggested it might "guard" or be a "guard" or whatever
Frezak (GM): You rely on the scribbling of these villagers?
They don't seem to be the most sound people.
Radek: All I can say is that it isn't doing anything it was made to, if it was made to do something at all.
The Gravedigger: You rely on the scribbling of these villagers?
They don't seem to be the most sound people.
Amadi: Excuse me, I don't think I caught your names? Are you scientists, perhaps?
The Gravedigger: Is it currently related to the rift at all?
Radek: I am, among other things.
The others are goons working under my employer.
Greibel: Hey!
Goon /Druid/, thank you very much
Rhu: I think it might be related to the pool, not the rift. Last night when we came back here, the pool and the tree were glowing strongly.
Amadi: Oh, fascinating! You must be researching something very dangerous to need so much muscle.
The Gravedigger: Maybe we should remove the tree?
Or pop it into the rift?
Amadi taps Gravy appreciatively.
Amadi: Very sexy.
The Gravedigger: Maybe ask the villagers which came first.
Thank you, small lady.
Amadi beams.
Frezak (GM): Unless someone knows which came first.
Ganelon: I *think* it was the rift but I don't recall specifically asking.
It would explain why the tree is there and not somewhere else, though.
Frezak (GM): What, that they thought it would be cool to pop it above the rift?
And it's more of a... big warning sign, basically?
Amadi: Warning? For what?
Rhu: The tree came first; "It's been dead as long as anyone remembers. ". The rift only showed up three years ago. Look for "Hodgesons" in the chat logs to get the story.
Frezak (GM): That there's a big hole that shreds things?
I mean the MAGIC tree.
Amadi: Where is nobody?
Frezak (GM): It takes me 15 minutes to load up the backlog >.>
Apheori (GM): Rhu? Did you really say that?
Gaurav: Except for the last sentence about the chat logs, yes.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Rhu: Shreds things, explodes zombies.
We should have checked if the zombie was combustible before it went in.
Amadi: Oh, it's not. Zombies are strictly... not combustible.
It's a zombie thing, I'm sure.
Rhu: The zombie didn't cause the pool to drain out like Azir did. I wonder if that was 'cos it wasn't alive? Or if Azir was just more magical?
The Gravedigger: He looked a bit soggy to burn well.
Rhu: ...
I think I'm going to have a little pray to Hazz'ridan and see if he has any ideas.
Rhu does this.
The Gravedigger: Maybe the pool drains based on something other than what goes into the rift.
Amadi snuggles Rhu.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Shh, praying.
Apheori (GM): Nothing in particular comes of it.
Greibel: Maybe it only drains the first time you throw stuff in it
Frezak (GM): Well, we might as well check out the river, then?
Rhu: I think we should poke around with the pool a bit more. It seems a bit of a waste to come all this way just to dump an exploding zombie into the pool.
Darned if I know how, though.
Radek: We hardly know enough to conduct proper experiments on it. Its nature could have changed since yesterday and we would be clueless.
Greibel: I dispute that. Any chance to explode a zombie is by definition the opposite of a waste.
Amadi: Ahah, so this is the science!
The Gravedigger: We'd need a stack of zombies and drop one in every day to see if results match?
Radek: If that's all you want to do, I *have* prepared a bomb or... five.
The Gravedigger: TO guess what sort of stability it's effects have?
Apheori (GM): its
Radek: Certainly. If we can prove that its effects are reliable, that's progress.
Though I admit to being less than optimistic in that regard.
Rhu: Yes, but I'm not a scientist. I'm an adventurer. We can make with the balanced factorial analyses once we run out of other options; I say we go follow the river and see where that gets us.
Ganelon: Radek has a lot of fun when the discussions turn towards science.
Radek: I agree, on the basis that there are no more zombies in sight.
The Gravedigger: Sounds fair.
Let's go find some water, then.
Rhu: Okay!
Rhu drives us towards the river, and then we follow it.
Rhu: I guess we have enough food in our adventurer's kit? We might be away from the village for a while, this is a long river.
Apheori (GM): To be fair, this car goes really fast.
Gaurav: Yes! I hadn't realized quite how fast it went until today!
Apheori (GM): It has this fancible mechanism that displaces the air around you invisibly, no matter how fast you're going, and only lets in a pleasant breeze.
FUTURE CONVERTIBLES.
Gaurav: :D
Rhu: (to Amadi, as we drive, if we have the time) So: you said you knew Hazz'ridan the Great?
Amadi: Oh, of course. Why do you ask?
Apheori (GM): There's time, and not much to see, unless you like dry safari crap.
You're mostly heading toward the mountains to the southeast, but you can't even see them yet.
Ganelon: I'll just busy myself with this incredibly "wrong" zombie bit.
Apheori (GM): (The drive is probably a couple of hours.)
Ganelon: If I learn something, cool. If not, it's still fascinating.
Rhu: If not, you could blow the whole car up.
Apheori (GM): You learn that it really likes falling apart.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Hazz'ridan spoke to me yesterday. He wants me to close that hole, but he doesn't know how. Him! The Great Hazz'ridan!
Ganelon: Ah well.
Amadi: Oh, don't worry yourself, dear. Even gods can't know everything. I should know.
I don't think I know anything.
Isn't that strange?
Rhu: How would you know? Are you a priest? A scholar?
Amadi: Hah! Not hardly!
I mean... I don't know! Oh, what a mystery this is.
Rhu: Hmm. Indeed.
Rhu goes back to driving
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Gravy: You see a dragon.
Ganelon: LET'S KILL IT.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You find that the cell structure in the zombie flesh is kind of... gone.
The Gravedigger: DRAGON, GUYS.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Rasputin tries to crawl into your ear.
Frezak (GM): How far?
Apheori (GM): Pretty far off, but in sight. You're also over some of the mountains now.
Rhu: Woah! A dragon!
Frezak (GM): Do we think it's hostile at all?
has it seen us?
Apheori (GM): It hasn't seen you, and it may or may not be hostile.
Radek: Amadi, how do people treat dragons on this planet?
Apheori (GM): It's just sort of soaring around.
Amadi: This planet? Which planet is this?
Frezak (GM): Just... uh... don't steer closer, okay? >.>
Radek: I don't know.
Greibel scratches at his ear
Amadi: Oh! Well, that doesn't sound good.
The porridge falls back onto Greibel's shoulder.
Rhu: I'll keep following the river unless that leads us dragonwards.
Apheori (GM): Naw, dragon's off to the right.
You head over some mountains! They're actually starting to get pretty luch.
lush
Frezak (GM): Nice.
Any mutant animals about?
Amadi: Why don't you know what planet you're on? Is this an expedition?
Radek: No indeed. I'd enjoy knowing where we are nearly as much as I would being somewhere I know.
Amadi: Oh. I'm sorry.
Radek: We arrived under dubious circumstances and the civilization here seems rather... under-developed.
I suspect they haven't even tamed dragons yet.
Amadi: So is there civilisation here, then? I don't feel anything.
Shouldn't I feel something? I feel like I should feel something.
Apheori (GM): No obvious muties, but there are some things that are definitely alien on the rocks.
They might be goats. Or bears.
Frezak (GM): Just foreign, not modified? Hokay.
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Gaurav: I should warn everybody that I need to leave for class in about half an hour.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
So you sail along and ahead you see ocean.
Gaurav: YAY!
Rhu: Woah!
Apheori (GM): And a city. It's kind of biggish.
Gaurav: EVEN BETTER
Apheori (GM): ...And disappointingly short.
Frezak (GM): A short city?
What, like for midgets.
*?
Apheori (GM): The buildings are weirdly short.
Like... not tall!
Frezak (GM): DWARVES
Apheori (GM): Ńote that you're all used to really tall towers.
Basically it's oldfangled.
But they have a lot of light fixtures!
Frezak (GM): I'm used to oldfangled.
That was Gravy's shitck.
Rhu: Shall we go see if anybody's home?
Frezak (GM): *shtick
The Gravedigger: Let's go be friendly.
Greibel resists the urge to sing "You Keep A Knockin But You Can't Come In" again
Rhu drives us to the city
Apheori (GM): Do you drive through the gate or over it?
The Gravedigger: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKING ON DWARVE'S DOORS
Apheori (GM): There isn't really a wall, but the gate is still the main point of entry.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, lets be polite?
Apheori (GM): There are quite a few people about, some on horses, some with carriages...
Ganelon: Sure, we can pretend that we're normal and go through the gate.
Apheori (GM): Normal.
Rhu: Yes. We should park our car outside and walk in. Anybody see a secure place to leave CAR?
Ganelon: Don't mind us, guys, just a chrome geezer and gigantic demon-man in the back seat of our flying steel wagon.
Gaurav: Gan: hahaha
Frezak (GM): You want me to stay back with CAR and Radek?
Amadi looks around curiously.
Amadi: Is this it, then?
Ganelon: Yeah, if you actually want to give an impression of normality, we could stay behind.
Apheori (GM): There are some trees and rocks and crap you could park behind.
Frezak (GM): We don't know if someone might go and do... things to the car.
Graffity.
Steal.
Break.
Apheori (GM): And an abandoned roofless farmhouse you could park IN.
Frezak (GM): Piss on.
Ganelon: That last one sounds like a pretty great camouflage.
Frezak (GM): Does the CAR have a thief alarm?
Apheori (GM): Considering you already stole it once, probably not.
Gaurav: Heh. I think the abandoned farmhouse is probably fine.
If we get stuck here, we get stuck here.
Frezak (GM): I'm just worried that it might get messed with when we're gone.
Rhu: (to Amadi) what was that you were saying about vanishing carts earlier? You wouldn't happen to have one on you, do you?
Ganelon: I'd trap it, but...
Frezak (GM): MAYBE NO BOMBS.
Ganelon: Well, the best I could do would either explode the entire farmhouse or burn it to the ground.
Frezak (GM): Amadi will prolly give you a piece of cheese or summat.
Ganelon: Alchemist's Fire balanced precariously over a mostly-closed door must be a really popular trick in Alchemist School.
Amadi checks her pockets.
Amadi: I'm afraid I seem to be all out.
Rhu: Thanks for checking, Mrs. Teatime.
Frezak (GM): Eh, let's leave it.
If only Radek knew Magic Mouth.
Rhu: We could try to hide it, particularly if this abandoned farmhouse has any hay.
... but why would it
Amadi: You find it has a ghost sitting in the middle of the floor. You can land on it, or do something else.
Agh, dammit.
Apheori (GM): You find it has a ghost sitting in the middle of the floor. You can land on it, or do something else.
Frezak (GM): Ghost of what?
COW GHOST?
Apheori (GM): Old man.
Frezak (GM): GHOST OF BEEF PAST?
Ganelon: Stand back, guys.
I got this one.
Frezak (GM): OPEN FIRE.
Radek: Hello there, spectral entity!
Rhu: Is it the ghost of the zombie? Because that would be awkward.
Apheori (GM): The ghost looks around trying to find where the voice came from.
You've probably stopped a few feet overhead.
Radek: Above you, my good former-man!
Frezak (GM): Wow.
Radek is... sort of polite.
Ganelon: It's an old man.
Apheori (GM): The ghost looks up and says something, but you hear no words.
Ganelon: His people.
Apheori (GM): He waves and shrugs.
Radek: Hm. That could be a problem.
Rhu: SPEAK UP
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
We must kill Radek.
It's the only way.
Ganelon: I like your way of thinking, sir.
Amadi: (calling down) Why do you say that?
Rhu: (to Amadi) You can hear him?
Amadi: What? Of course!
Can't you?
Frezak (GM): Radek, bend over.
I will see you on the other side.
Apheori (GM): The ghost perks up slightly and says something else.
Ganelon: No you won't, you'll see me back on this side where I don't belong.
Apheori (GM): ...bend over?
Frezak (GM): For decapitation you pervert.
You're just like the Merr.
Apheori (GM): Ooooh, of course.
Frezak (GM): OH GODS THE MERR
Frezak (GM) sobs
Gaurav: ... the Merr?
Apheori (GM): What?
Ganelon: Look at what you've done now, Apheori.
Apheori (GM): Did something happen?
TELL ME.
Ganelon: Reminding him of his lost love.
Apheori (GM): Oh, good idea.
Frezak (GM): She's not my love.
She's some whore.
Apheori (GM): I can totally use this.
Ganelon: She went to Japan and he misses her.
Frezak (GM): SHUT UP YOU.
Amadi: Well whyever not?
Radek: Could you repeat what he's saying, for us?
Amadi: Ah, well, it seems he thinks we should leave. Nobody ever hears him anyway, but he tries to warn them. It's quite peculiar, don't you think?
Radek: Quite. What are these people being warned about?
Arthritis?
Gods know I could have used that one.
Apheori (GM): The ghost says another silent something.
The Gravedigger: Warn them? Of what?
That sounds a bit iffy.
Amadi: Oh, nothing, it seems. He just wants to leave. Stuck here. Everyone thinks its haunted so they stay away. Nobody can hear him, so he just tells them to leave. Easier that wasy.
Like they really are listening.
Apheori (GM): The ghost says something else and sighs.
Amadi: Right?
Radek: I don't suppose you would know anything about exorcism, would you Rhu?
Gaurav: Not exorcisms, no. I could do a religion check.
Amadi: It's not an exorcism he needs.
He says it's...
Gaurav: I can abjure undead, but I don't think that'd be helpful.
Amadi: He needs us to remove the mark on the door.
Greibel: Time-travelling maintenance men. Excellent.
Amadi: Can a mark really do that, keep someone outside?
Frezak (GM): COuld be a Circle of Holding:undead.
Gaurav: Huh!
Amadi jumps down out of the car and goes to the door and tries to rub it off.
Radek: I'll follow suit.
Ganelon: Bah. OOC.
Amadi: That didn't work.
The Gravedigger: WHy don't we just remove the door?
Apheori (GM): Amadi looks back to the ghost, who rolls his eyes and says something.
Amadi: Shiny, can you unmagic this?
Amadi backs away from Gravy.
Radek: It's Radek.
Amadi: Oh! I'm sorry. Good to meet you, Radek.
Greibel pats Radek on the back while walking by
Greibel: Cheer up, shiny!
Gaurav: I like the idea of removing the door.
Radek: Radek J. Fulvius, and the only things I cannot do are those not worth doing. I'm a genius, you know.
Ganelon: Watch me roll a 1.
rolling 1d20+11
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Amadi nods.
Amadi: That must be wonderful for you.
Apheori (GM): You demagicking it?
Frezak (GM): Better than 9!
Ganelon: As requested.
Apheori (GM): Okay, it demagicks.
Ganelon: Yes.
Apheori (GM): The ghost guy looks really blissful and fades away.
Gaurav: That's a lousy one, but a lovely roll.
YAY!
Rhu: Take care, ghost guy.
Greibel salutes vaguely
Amadi: So this is what you people do?
The Gravedigger: Well we could have kept him around to scare people off, but his memory should be enough.
Well, /I/ dig holes.
Amadi: Oh.
Greibel: And I dig drugs!
Amadi: What... kind of holes?
I... that... interesting.
Radek: In truth, I mostly build things.
Tinkering with machines and magic are my twin passions, though in an official capacity we're all here as investigators.
I'm... not sure that has much meaning any more, however.
Amadi: Ooo, the intrigue!
Ganelon: The crazy girl is being a lot more coherent now, huh?
I say that if she starts being crazy again, we take her back to the hole so it can suck all of her madness out again.
Frezak (GM): HAH
The Gravedigger: HOles in the dirt.
To put dead people in.
Gaurav: And: BOOM! It's time for me to run.
Ganelon: Surely this will have no consequences.
Gaurav: Holes, holes, everywhere.
The Gravedigger: No-one else does it where I come from.
It's all fire and pulping.
Amadi: Fascinating.
Frezak (GM): RAAAAVE NOOOOO
Gaurav: :(
Sorry
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Saturday?
Gaurav: but community ecology insists
Ganelon: Works for me.
Gaurav: Saturday!
Bear Soup Guy: Saturday!
Gaurav: BYEEEEEEE
Ganelon: See ya!
Bear Soup Guy: Adios

Session 9

Apheori (GM): So y'all are in a roofless farmhouse or some such. Radek just demagicked a thingy and let a ghost go.
And I am awake.
Frezak (GM): So what are we about to enter this town /for/ ?
(From Ellemerr): Am I present?
Apheori (GM): It's a much bigger thing, a city by the coast, possibly something of a trading hub, though hell if I know if any of you would realise that.
Gaurav: Awakedness is overrated.
After two days of hanging out in a village, *any* city would seem pretty big and impressive to us I think.
Apheori (GM): This would be a place to go to try to get more information - from folks such as wizards, priests, or madmen on the streets, or possibly even more. There may be more.
Gaurav: Did we land CAR? Or is it still hovering in mid-air about the ghost?
Apheori (GM): Car is landed in the house.
The ghost is gone. Radek let it go.
Gaurav: The recently re-departed.
Apheori (GM): The others may still be sitting in the car, but Radek and Amadi are by the door.
To the house.
On the ground.
Gaurav: Frezak: I think we just got tired of the village and the tree mostly :P But also we're hoping to (1) get off of this planet, (2) figure out what this planet is named, (3) report our Sarathi findings to HQ and find out what the latest is, (4) figure out what time and place we've arrived at and if the Sarathi quest even makes sense any more
(To Ellemerr): Amadi doesn't remember who anyone is and is basically acting bemused and interested, like everything is curious and new. She has also been flirting with the others for some reason. You can continue that or not if you'd like.
Gaurav: DM: ah! for some reason, I thought both had leaped from a flying car in their quest for ghostly justice. I like your version better. Fewer broken bones.
Ganelon: I would never do something as reckless as rely on my ability to survive a fall.
Of any significant distance.
Apheori (GM): Anything more than, oh, 15cm?
Rhu turns off CAR, locks it, takes the keys out of the ignition &c.
Apheori (GM): I just found an octopus beak in my sandwich.
Ganelon: Anything greater than the length from my feet to my knees, more like.
Rhu: DM: make a wish!
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: Gan: phew. I was a little worried that the first large step we discovered might knock you out of commission.
Apheori (GM): >.>
(From Ellemerr): I like that she forgets who people are. Because I do too.
Apheori (GM): Heheh, indeed.
Ghah, wrong window.
(To Ellemerr): Er, that was to you.
Ellemerr: It happens.
Frezak (GM): Sooooo.
(From Ellemerr): For me? Really? I shall cherish it forever.
Frezak (GM): Off to town we go?
Apheori (GM): Off! I hope.
Rhu: Yes. Civilization! Paved streets! Internet access! I can't wait.
Frezak (GM): Let's go be friendly.
Ganelon: Internet access. Pff, sure.
Apheori (GM): It's about a five minute walk to the road, and from there not much further to the city. A guy passes you all on a horse on the way in, but he's in too much of a hurry to acknowledge you.
Two guards stand by the gate and give you strange looks, but don't say or do anything else.
Rhu mutters "egotistical city person, thinks he's too good for everybody ..."
Frezak (GM): Someone eloquent and non-monstrous should ask them what the town is called >.>
Apheori (GM): Like Amadi?
Gaurav: Do they not react to Gravy?
Ganelon: Look at our party and tell me if that's an even slightly reasonable expectation to have.
Apheori (GM): They give him weird looks.
Frezak (GM): Rave: would YOU fuck with Gravy?
Ellemerr: You could ask Amadi to ask, but I do not promise you any eloquence.
Frezak (GM): "Hey, you, giant horned muscly guy. Don't.... uh... nevermind."
Rhu is the most normal person here.
Comparatively.
Apheori (GM): XD
Frezak (GM): Since it's not obvious he talks to people that aren't there.
Gaurav: The villagers seemed to not know what he was; Im wondering if the city has had horned visitors before/regulaly
Rhu: (to guards) Hello! Do you know where we are?
Frezak (GM): Town guards better know where and what their city is >.>
Apheori (GM): From their reactions, it appears they don't normally see quite this, but they're also not entirely put off by it...
Guard: No! I have no idea!
Amadi mutters to herself, "I know where we are."
Guard backs away slightly.
Guard looks at his companion suspiciously.
Rhu: Ah, well. Same here, I suppose. Is there a good inn in town?
Apheori (GM): Hmm, maybe I should differentiate between the guards.
Ellemerr: Guard and Guard companion? xD
Gaurav: Casimir and Pulaski
Other guard rolls his eyes and says, "Yeah, there's a few."
Frezak (GM): Hebert and Hebret.
Other guard: This is Coffle, by the way.
Seat of Deslan.
Which I'm sure you've never heard of.
Frezak (GM): GUYS
GUYS GUYS GUYS
LOOK FOR A LAMP-POST
Guard: Ugh, more?
Frezak (GM): I WANT SOME TURKISH DELIGHT
Apheori (GM): What.
Rhu: Pleased to meet you, Seat of Deslan. My name is Rhu, and I am a servant of Hazz'ridan the Magnificent. My companions and I are from normal places via Sarathi, which is full of holes.
Ellemerr: I want summer, not winter. And pizza.
Radek: Well, I'm sure you've never heard of electrical power, so perhaps we can both be disappointed.
Amadi chimes in, "I'm not from there. I'm from elsewhere."
Apheori (GM): There are lamp posts! The lamps appear to be somewhat advanced - either magical or electrical.
Guard groans and leaves.
Ganelon: Huh.
Well they don't have flying cars.
Rhu watches the guard walk away
Other guard: Coffle is the seat of the country. Deslan is the country
Ignore him. He's tired of visitors... like you.
Rhu: Oh! My apologies.
Why so? Have there been a lot of visitors lately?
Greibel: Why does a country need to sit down?
Other guard: Not so many. Just enough to try the nerves with these questions.
The Gravedigger mutters. "Hrmph. Visitors have a choice."
Other guard: Each time, always the same. 'How do I get home?' 'Where is this?' 'Do you have a gate?' 'Excuse me, but where'ś the terminal?'
Amadi: Questions are important. You shouldn't... should... Questions. Ask questions.
Radek: Oh? Interesting.
Amadi: What time is it?!
Other guard: We actually did have a gate, you know. Went down shortly before you lot started coming in. Fancy that.
Amadi fidgets.
Rhu: When did "we lot" start coming in?
And, err
Other guard: 20 to seven, my lady.
Amadi: Oh.
Rhu: where _is_ the terminal? Do you have a satellite uplink around these parts?
Gaurav: Amadi: time to get a new watch
Amadi turns from the guard, sullenly.
The Gravedigger: They don't have one.
Wrong world.
Apheori (GM): Did I ever say when the cataclysm was?
It was around then. 3 years?
I dunno.
The Gravedigger: We're at the other end of the cosmic drain.
Radek: Does that mean you've never encountered outsiders who seemed... less than educated?
Other guard: Woah, slow down, will you?
This was about three years ago, and if I even KNEW what a terminal was...
Satellite, now there's a new one.
Gaurav: DM: yup, three years! Although I've just realized we don't know what a "year" is on this planet. I wouldn't expect these hicks to use standard galactic time.
Other guard: 'Less than educated'? You could work for the council.
It's like some had lost their minds, others never even had them...
Radek: Not surprising.
Other guard: Why, we got a guy just last week who seemed convinced he was a dog. Mighty hairy, too.
Maybe he was a dog!
Rhu: Any cats?
Amadi mutters to herself, "Tastes like burning. Minds wandering off, answers without questions... There's the taste. Burnt. Cut off the tongue."
Other guard: My lady, are you quite okay?
Amadi turns her head to the guard, asks dryly, "Are you?" and turns back.
Radek: Would you say that you've never seen someone like us who was impressed by whatever passes for high technology in this, er... "city"?
Other guard: Hah.
High technology? And what might that be?
(To Rhu): Mind the present. There's something here.
Frezak (GM): I want to ask them about Ambaric power :P
Radek: How should I know what you consider advanced? I arrived here yesterday.
(To Rhu): (if that even worked. Can gods whisper?)
Other guard: And I'm a guard, not a technologist.
They pay me to look pretty and drink.
Rhu looks around
Rhu: Who said that?
Radek sighs. "Do they all ask about 'terminals' and 'computers'?"
(To Rhu): You know. You have always known.
Other guard: Some.
Radek: And the others?
Rhu looks astonished, and his eye go wide
Other guard: Quite a few on about 'proxies' and 'avatars', too.
Amadi: (to Rhu) Voice. Did you ask a question?
Rhu: What? Sorry? No. Yes. Hang on.
Other guard: Usually it's just home or passages.
Rhu: I think I just heard Hazz'ridan's voice inside my head.
He said "Mind the present. There's something here."
Rhu looks at Othor Guard again
Rhu: He must mean you
(To Amadi): Mortals... useless, the lot of them.
Amadi: I can hang. Swing. Ropes and ladders and air and dancing.
Amadi giggles.
Amadi: But they're fun!
Rhu: Tell us more about yourself, Sir ... ? Are you a native of this town?
Amadi: Wouldn't be half so fun if they knew everything. Questions are... answers. Important.
(To Amadi): Try not to have too much fun with these, dear sister.
(From Ellemerr): Did Ama use another name for Hazz, or is my memory screwed again=
(To Ellemerr): Called him Hazz, but she might call him all sorts of things. Folks here call him Vitoi, elsewhere he's... other things...
Ellemerr: It's not my fault! I... was dreaming... Now I'm here.
Amadi: It's not my fault! I... was dreaming... Now I'm here.
Rhu does a perception check of the area to see if we've missed something apart from the gate and the guard.
Other guard: No, I'm a native of the moon.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12
(
13
)
+12
=
25
Other guard looks at Rhu suspiciously.
(From Ellemerr): 'Twas Vitoi I was thinking of. Thanks.
Rhu: (not really paying attention, since he's distracted by his search) Mmhmm, is that right? Which moon would that be?
Apheori (GM): You've missed mostly just the rest of the city/town. Some folks are watching, others doing... city folk things. there's a guy with a pigeon on his head standing in the middle of he road further down.
Other guard: Brains, you heard of them?
Greibel: Ouch. Burn!
Rhu keeps looking around, although every once in a while his eyes drift back to the pigeon man.
The Gravedigger: Excuse him.
He's a little insane and people can live on moons where we come from.
Is there anyone that can tell us about the Cataclysm?
Scholars or magisters?
Rhu: Ah, yes. What? Sorry? Oh. Not right now, please. Yes, you're clearly not who Hazz'ridan is talking about. Thank you all the same.
Amadi: Shouldn't live on moons. Bad dreams.
Other guard looks up at Gravy, startles slightly, and then nods gratefully.
Other guard: You can try the temples, or the College. Philosophers might know more, but they're generally pretty... well...
Other guard looks at the guy with the pigeon on his head.
Other guard: Loony?
Amadi: Asking questions. Always. Nothing good can come of it. Knowledge is bad for you.
Other guard: There's also Nadrine - a newcomer like yourselves, who speaks of wayfarers and rarely makes much sense.
But she's still alive, if you want to give her a try.
The Gravedigger: Thanks.
Frezak (GM): College, philosphers or yet another crazy lady?
Rhu: (to Amadi, not taking his eyes off pigeon man) Knowledge is good for you. An unknown path is just a road. You can't discover the dead end until you know the whole road.
(To Amadi): God addled.
Gaurav: I am a fan of crazy ladies, but I understand I might be in a minority here.
Other guard nods and turns to yell at the guy with the pigeon on his head, who runs off.
Ellemerr: You're not. Trust me on this one.
I'm less certain of the characters, though.
Amadi shakes her head sadly at Rhu.
Radek: We have a diverse selection of madmen at our disposal. Of what consequence is another to add to our collection?
Amadi: You don't know. Be glad.
Apheori (GM): A pigeon lands on Greibel's head.
Rhu shouts at the fleeing pigeon man: "WAIT!"
Greibel looks up cautiously
Greibel: PIGEON HEAD! YEAH!
The pigeon leans foward.
The pigeon pecks at the porridge.
Greibel strokes its beak
Greibel: Hey now, you guys play nice.
Radek: You're not turning me off knowledge, girl.
Just the company of lunatics.
The porridge opens up and eats the pigeon.
Greibel: Hmmm....
Hungry little fella
Frezak (GM): NO surprise there.
Amadi gives the porridge a smile. "Tastes like burning."
Pigeon philosopher runs into an alley.
Rhu: I think we should go after that guy!
The Gravedigger shrugs.
The Gravedigger: Then you better get running.
The porridge beams at Amadi without eyes.
Rhu: Okay. Don't leave without me!
Rhu takes off after the pigeon guy
Apheori (GM): Rhu follows the guy into an alley and finds that he's cornered.
The guy, that is.
Gaurav: yay! so often it is the other way around.
Apheori (GM): He's standing at the end staring at a dead end.
Ganelon: Aw, and we were so close to him getting ambushed by thugs.
Gaurav: WOAH
Apheori (GM): More pigeons are landing around him.
Rhu: ... excuse me?
Apheori (GM): It's a bit dark because the buildings are pretty close together.
Rhu: Sir?
Apheori (GM): The guy doesn't respond. Then a pigeon lands on Rhu's head as well.
Pigeon philosopher screams, "HEAD PIGEONS!" and starts trying to claw through the wall.
Amadi frowns, and nods to Greibel and the bit of food on his shoulder. "Your friend has the gist of it, you know."
Rhu: Excuse me. I ... I think you might be important to my ques-- hey!
GUYS! A LITTLE HELP HERE!
Rhu tries to restrain pigeon guy
Guard pushes past Rhu and grabs the guy, pulling him away from the wall.
Guard: Again, Freidel? Really?
You know the mushrooms aren't good for you...
Rhu: Hey! Be gentle! He's ... important!
Guard: Sure, sure, he is. He's also due for a nice lie in the dungeons to sleep it all off.
Guard pulls the guy past Rhu.
The porridge jiggles.
Rhu: Where are the dungeons?
What's his name?
Who are you?
Guard ignores Rhu and heads off, half pulling, half-dragging the guy.
Pigeon philosopher mumbles about pidgeons and holes and the nature of spinach.
Greibel: Pigeon head guy!
Shame, we had so much in common
Pigeon philosopher: Waffle head moose!
Rhu: Holes! He said holes! Something about holes!
Pigeon philosopher waves at Greibel.
Greibel smiles
Pigeon philosopher: Ooooo, that sky. What a sky. What a...
Rhu follows the guard/pigeon guy combo to the end of the street and sees which direction they head off in.
Apheori (GM): At this point you could follow the guard/stoned guy or ignore them.
Amadi yawns.
Frezak (GM): I doubt he's going anywhere.
College?
We might someone that doesn't talk to people who aren't there or rant about spinach for no reason.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You now know where the guardhouse is (dungeon in the basement).
Rhu: I think we should follow the guy! I think he's important!
The porridge gurgles.
Amadi: He had head-pigeons. If I gave advices I'd... flowers? Why isn't this a dream?
Frezak (GM): So we're gonna follow voices in your head?
The Gravedigger: So we're gonna follow voices in your head?
Eh, whatever.
Let's go talk to the guy with pigeon-poop hair, then.
Frezak (GM): To the dungeons?
Rhu: To the dungeons!
Greibel: Espionage!
Radek: Surely this will be productive!
Radek grumbles.
Gaurav: To be fair, it probably makes more sense to wait and see if pigeon guy is a little saner later and head to hte college first. But Rhu has no impulse control.
Apheori (GM): Aiight, y'all head that way. Hawkers try to hawk random baubles and food and crap at you, a woman bumps into Radek and then hastily moves away with a quick 'excuse me!', and there are no cats.
Amadi frowns, watches the others going, turns to start in the other direction... And then comes along after all.
Frezak (GM): WAIT.
Preception on the lady that bumped into Radek.
Because thieves.
Activating Eagle Eyes.
rolling 1D20+20
(
19
)
+20
=
39
Ganelon: What's she going to steal, my chrome?
Frezak (GM): YOUR AMGIC SHIZZLE
Apheori (GM): Frezak: She put something in his bag.
Frezak (GM): *magic stuffs.
Ganelon: Actually I'm not even sure how I store crap.
Apheori (GM): It got a bunch of silver coated on it, though.
Ganelon: I have a bag, sure, but is it also chrome?
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Gaurav: Your precious bodily fluids.
Frezak (GM): Gonna grab the woman.
RAIN WATER AND GRAIN ALCOHOL.
rolling 1D20+5
(
12
)
+5
=
17
Greibel begins haggling with a merchant for a weird used hat to put on the porridge
Apheori (GM): You grab the woman. She tries to twist away, then punches Gravy in the eye.
For basically no damage, but she's clearly annoyed.
The Gravedigger: Do that again and I'm gonna put this shovel to use.
Explain yourself.
The woman: What in the hells do you want?! Are you trying to get yourselves killed? Release me!
Radek: What's wrong?
The Gravedigger: She put something in your bag.
Check your stuff.
The woman: I did nothing! You clearly are ahead of yourself.
Ganelon: Sure, I'll check my stuff.
The woman: Now if you do not put me down...
Apheori (GM): It's a small package wrapped in paper.
And chrome.
But mostly paper.
You also realise the chrome is getting... thinner.
On you, and on it.
Amadi strolls slowly up to Gravy and the lady and proclaims with a wistful smile that "I think I'm ahead of myself... but I'll probably catch up someday."
Apheori (GM): Greibel: What do you even have to haggle with? Supposing this could get interesting...
The woman: What?
Bear Soup Guy: I have....herbs?
The woman stops struggling and stares at Amadi.
The woman: You...
No, this is impossible.
Bear Soup Guy: Rare nature herbs!
Apheori (GM): RAHB: He wants a hallucinogenic but doesn't want to call it that.
Bear Soup Guy: Are my rare herbs hallucinogenic?
Amadi narrows here eyes on the woman, staring long and hard. Finally she says, with utter certainty, "Apple pie."
Frezak (GM): WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: So what's in the package?
Also, damn. I'm running out of chrome and I have no idea how to get it back.
Other than walking through walls.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: Probably. He certainly seems to think so, though he won't say it, instead insisting on various euphamism...
s
The woman looks at Amadi for a long moment, and then said, finally, "Oh."
Greibel plays along with the various euphemisms
Greibel: You can definitely uh...become enriched and...enlightened by these, uh....materials. Man.
Amadi suddenly breaks out in uncontrollable giggles.
Apheori (GM): The guy becomes more insistent that these are not so extraordinary, and that there is utterly nothing wrong with wanting them.
Gaurav: Griebel: hehe. If the guy is being secretive about it, it might be illegal around these parts, keep an eye out for guards!
Bear Soup Guy: Probably but they seem to be having their fill with crazy people :)
Greibel: Yes, this is a transaction that may mutually benefit us.
Gaurav: BSG: fair point
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You finally manage to make the transaction after the man finally turns bright red with embarrassment, and hastily waves for you to go away, this never happened, shoo.
Bear Soup Guy: HAT GET
Greibel walks away, putting the hat lovingly atop Rasputin's non-head
Apheori (GM): Gravy and Greibel: You notice there's a woman with her hands on her hips staring at Greibel's... well, the guy he was dealing with... disappointedly.
Frezak (GM): I doubt that;
I'm still looking at the woman i'm grabbing.
Greibel: Hmmm
Frezak (GM): While I wait to see what Radek found.
Apheori (GM): You've got mad perception. You may not have noticed the context, but you saw here.
Bear Soup Guy: Well then
Ganelon: Yes, this is a thing I must be told.
Apheori (GM): Whereas Greibel saw here but may nto put it togethere.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah
Apheori (GM): Did you open the package?
Oh, that was what you found in your stuff.
I could have been clearer on that.
A small paper-wrapped package.
Oh, you did open it.
Sorry, too much stuff.
Apheori (GM): It contains... a rock.
Ganelon: No worries.
...An ordinary rock?
Apheori (GM): A round black one. Like a river rock. It has something carved into it.
(From Amadi): So... do I actually have any idea why the woman reacted to me? xD
Ganelon: A magic rune, perhaps?
I mean, it's either that or the image of a rubber duckling. Those are my guesses.
(To Amadi): At this point I don't even know why. Or what the rock is or what she wasdoing or anything. I mean, she probably recognised you as Eapherod, but... how or why, I have no idea.
Rhu looks at the rune to see if he can make any religious sense of it
Apheori (GM): Could be magic. Looks more like a symbol for something.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
11
)
+8
=
19
Apheori (GM): A stylised mask? Doesn't mean anything to you, though.
Radek: What's the meaning of this?
Ganelon: To the woman who put it there, of course.
The woman: It's a rock. Let me go!
Frezak (GM): I'll just lift her.
Legs dangling in the air.
And say nothing.
Apheori (GM): Some other folks have noticed this as well. But they're staying out of it. So far.
Radek: It's a rock you wrapped in paper and put in my bag.
Amadi stops giggling just long enough to look at the image, then breaks into even harder laughter.
Apheori (GM): The woman says nothing as well and just glares at Gravy.
Frezak (GM): Does anyone have a good intimidate?
Ganelon: I think we're all pretty thoroughly unlikable people.
At least as far as the stats are concerned.
Gaurav: +0. I couldn't scare a toad.
Ganelon: If the stats reflected things more accurately, Radek's charisma would not be as high as 10.
Frezak (GM): If I use Str for intimidate I'm still only +5.
Ganelon: Weird, considering who you are.
The Gravedigger: Listen.
I'm tired of all the crazy. my guys are either on drugs, talking to voices in their head, or talking gibberish.
So if I don't have some clear answers for once I'm gonna take it out on you.
The woman: That's great. Really.
But I don't have them.
Radek: Just because you're an uneducated rube doesn't mean I'm talking gibberish!
The Gravedigger: Shut it, Radek.
So you don't know why you put this.. whatever it is in his bag?
It just seemed like a good idea or a slug was controlling your mind?
The woman: If you would put me down, perhaps we can talk.
Or, if you would simply learn how to read...
Apheori (GM): Radek: The paper appears to have been a note, but it got wrecked.
The Gravedigger: You're clearly fully able to talk up here.
Start now or see what happens when I run out of patience.
The woman: You mean like you getting arrested, for one?
Ganelon: Wrecked to the point that it's impossible to read?
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna start walking out of town, still holding the woman up there.
Apheori (GM): A pair of guards have been watching, it seems, but given that all Gravy has done so far is pick the woman up, they haven't really done anything...
But now they start moving, drawing... sticks, apparently, from their holsters...
Frezak (GM): Sticks?
Apheori (GM): The note is illegible, yeah. The chrome wrecked it.
Rods.
Frezak (GM): Do they look like whacking rods or magic focus rods?
Apheori (GM): Probably magic.
A bit short for whacking, though it'd work.
Radek: This is absolutely illegible.
The Gravedigger: Don't mind me. Just doing your job for you.
Frezak (GM): That was directed at them.
The woman: Will you just put me down?
Apheori (GM): The guards hesitate slightly.
The Gravedigger: Nope, not interested anymore.
Frezak (GM): Gonna keep walking.
Dammit, I thought giant horned guys were scary.
Rhu: Maybe we should take this to a bar or somewhere. Somewhere less quiet but less threatening.
Apheori (GM): This is probably why they're only following at this point...
Rhu: May .. be .. the dungeons? There's a man I want to see about a pigeon.
The Gravedigger: I'm gonna need open space for this.
A nice big open patch of dirt...
Apheori (GM): Okay, how do you do an encounter in a street full of people?
Well, not encounter.
Battle-thing.
Fight. Blasting.
Lasers!
Ganelon: That's what 4E calls an encounter.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Okay.
Frezak (GM): Make a street.
Just.. draw some lines.
Ganelon: And you just... do it. People roll initiative, there are enemies. If there are obstacles, you'll want to draw them on the map layer.
I recommend using the "Draw Shape" tool since it makes nice boxes. Or circles.
Also, holding shift snaps them to the grid.
Ellemerr: Amadi has lay down on the street, laughing. She calms slowly, still shaking a little. And then she disappears.
And I'll brb.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Ganelon: Those boxes are not grid-aligned, but they are boxes.
You can also use the polygon/line tool to make... still-straight but non-box shapes.
Right click "finishes" the line.
Ctrl-z lets you undo steps in one.
If there are no meaningful obstacles, none of this is necessary.
Apheori (GM): Blargh.
Ganelon: Though this map size would make for a really big street.
Pfft, this is nothing. You should see all the nonsense I've drawn for my campaign.
Frezak has his pretty pictures while I just have lines.
Apheori (GM): I'm just too tired to sort it out.
Meh, nevermind.
Bear Soup Guy: IS IT TIME TO FIGHT GUARDS
Apheori (GM): Almost.
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Apheori (GM): They raise their weapons and point them at Radek.
Frezak (GM): What?
That doesn't make any sense >.>
Apheori (GM): You have a hostage.
Guard: Stop now.
Apheori (GM): Now they have one too.
Maybe.
Gaurav: Some hostage.
Ganelon: Ooh, big mistake. Nobody likes Radek.
The Gravedigger: Sure.
As soon as the lady says why she was messing with his stuff.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
The woman: Oh, for the light, will you all stop this!
Frezak (GM): The guards have just hired Greibel :p
Radek: What are those, wands?
Apheori (GM): Hired?
The woman: (to the guards) Put those away!
In the name of the Council of Ancients, I command you to stand down!
Apheori (GM): The guards hastily put their rods away.
Frezak (GM): Oh, great.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 history check to see if I know what a "Council of Ancients" is
(
3
)
+3
=
6
Bear Soup Guy: Rhu can't remember breakfast
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It makes you think of butter for some reason.
Frezak (GM): IT WAS PORRIDGE
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: "What did we have for breakfast?"
"Nutrients."
Rhu: What is a breakfast?
The woman: (to Gravy) I was delivering a message. A warning. I don't know what it is and I don't know why, butthat is what it is.
Now.
Put me down.
Frezak (GM): Long, drawn out sigh.
And I'll put her down.
Apheori (GM): Do you also let go?
Frezak (GM): yeah
Apheori (GM): She vanishes as soon as you do.
Ganelon: And on the first of February, 2014, Frezak experienced the joys of a healthy grab-based playstyle, if only for a few minutes.
Apheori (GM): The guards make warding gestures when this happens.
Ganelon: Except not really.
Rhu: (to guards, pointing at the space hitherto occupied by the woman) Does she do that often?
Ganelon: I assume you mean like, religious "lord protect me" warding gestures?
Apheori (GM): Looks like.
Ganelon: I'll approach a guard.
Guard: She was a mystic! They... do as they do.
Apheori (GM): There's a hole in my ankle.
A guard watches Radek.
Ganelon: That sounds like a terrible place for a hole to me.
Be*
Radek points at the guard's rod.
Radek: That's a weapon, right?
Who made it?
Guard: Rorik.
Or his sons.
Radek: Magical in nature?
Guard: Standard two-length quickshot.
Shoot magic. Does that make it magic?
Look, I'm sorry, okay?
It's your friend you should worry about.
Radek: No, no, I don't even care about that. Tell me where I can find this Rorik.
Apheori (GM): A pigeon lands on Radek's head.
Guard: Down Enth Street. There's a really big sign.
Ganelon: I'll grab at it, try to throw it off.
Guard: Between that and the odd explosions, you can't miss it.
Apheori (GM): The pigeon falls off on its own and hits the ground, ded.
dead
Rhu: Huh.
Don't touch it, it might be sick.
Radek: Blasted vermin.
The woman appears again out of nowhere, hands Rhu a package instead, and disappears again, muttering to herself irritatedly.
Rhu: Thank you.
Rhu looks down at package.
Bear Soup Guy picks up the dead pigeon to feed it to Rasputin
Bear Soup Guy: errr
Apheori (GM): It's another letter-wrapped rock.
Greibel: does that
Greibel does that
Bear Soup Guy: I KNOW HOW TO THINGS
Rhu unwraps it careful, in case that helps the paper not to get crumpled.
The porridge eats most of the pigeon except for the feet, which it breaks off with a crunch and spits on the ground.
Apheori (GM): This rock has a slightly different symbol on it - some sort of bird, and an extra little note stuck to it that says 'extra, not sure what this goes to'.
Rhu shows it to everybody, then puts it away.
Apheori (GM): The larger note/letter thing appears to be a set of instructions, saying to be careful, don't stand out, don't get noticed, go to a place, and some bad poetry.
Frezak (GM): I DEMAND TO HEAR THE POETRY
Bear Soup Guy: ^
Gaurav: Any information on hwat sort of place we should go to?
Apheori (GM): Oh dear.
It's a street address. Apparently in the city.
Rhu: Oooooh.
Apheori (GM): http://wiki.zaori.org/compendium/Repeats_of_the_world
That.
That's at the bottom of the note.
Rhu: I still think we should head to the dungeons first.
Apheori (GM): It may not even be poetry.
The shoulders in the sand on the repeats of the world...
There's a blisters of something memory...
Look at the characters whip thy bum...
Kumquats devouring mundial smiley-faces.
Frezak (GM): Sure, let's go to the dungeons.
Greibel is enraptured by the poetry and ponders at its layers of significance
Gaurav: We should totally go to this mysterious address first! Rhu has an awful taste in places to go.
Apheori (GM): Y'all head to the dungeons!
Also you notice Amadi is gone. Do you care?
Ganelon: Radek would probably rather just talk to someone who can make magic tools.
Well, she comes and goes.
He still follows these clowns, though.
Apheori (GM): Quite.
Ellemerr: I am back. Amadi is not. Maybe she will be.
Gaurav: Rhu totally hasn't noticed yet. It's been an exciting few minutes! DId we ever figure out what happend with htat woman who was checking Griebel out?
Apheori (GM): You head into the building and there's a bunch of guards at a table. A couple glare, another smiles amiably, and the one from before sighs and asks if you're hear about the pigeon philosopher.
here
Gaurav: Nothing with that woman, no.
Rhu: Yes! Him. The guy with the ... *makes a pigeon-on-head gesture*
Guard: Down there. Just... don't let him out. Or anyone else. Or do anything stupid.
Please.
I don't want to get up.
Radek: I refuse to be held accountable if any of these three do something stupid.
Rhu: I fully understand.
Guard snorts.
Apheori (GM): A couple of the others now look slightly concerned.
Rhu walks down corridors pigeon-philosopher-wards
Ganelon: Radek isn't too concerned about Gravy doing stupid things, but it's best to cover all the bases.
Apheori (GM): The guy is passed out face-down in a cell.
The door isn't even locked, just shut.
Rhu: Hullo? Mister? Pigeon-guy?
Apheori (GM): He's passed out.
Gaurav: HULLO?
oops
Rhu: HULLO?
Apheori (GM): He's still passed out.
Rhu: ... maybe we should go check out that mysterious address until he wakes up. Now that we know where he is.
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Radek: What exactly makes you believe his insight is valuable?
Rhu: Hazz'ridan spoke to me earlier and said that there was something important around somewhere. I think it might be him. I'm not sure.
Also: pigeons. I wonder if he's a druid; if so, he might know something about the little tree on the big tree above the rift, which might tell us something about the rift.
Radek: ...This is why I don't deal with druids and priests.
Ganelon: Visions and pigeons.
Rhu: Look at this man in this cage, and tell me that Hazz'ridan has not lead us to a glorious dead end.
The Gravedigger sighs.
Greibel: Well...no arguments there.
Gaurav: So: to the mysterious address?
Ganelon: Yeah.
Apheori (GM): I think I need a nap. Or a break or something. I'm too tired to continue properly. >.<
Ganelon: Alright.
Gaurav: I'm okay with coming back later today or taking a break to Tuesday. I'm probably just headed to my lab to work next.
(From Amadi): The dream is of the moon. Or a moon, anyhow. Or something that would look like a moon at a distance - a crescent moon, to be exact. Some lady is sitting on it, dangling her feet over a black pond that is full of stars (unless they're not stars). She's dressed in a white fur. She speaks in a language I do not understand, or perhaps she's just making up nonsense words, since there's no language I don't know. Black birds with eyes in their talons circle around us, making me aware that I'm actually present. I'm standing on the lake. I must be, since there's nothing else. I feel naked, with the stars watching me from below, and small, very small. "I chose this," I tell the lady on the moon. She looks at me with pink eyes and answers with her gibberish words. Frustrated, I repeat myself: "I chose this!" One of the birds land on her head, crushing the eyes against her skull, spilling vitreous humour into her hair. I flinch away as another one comes for my own head.
(From Ellemerr): *shifty eyes* And I keep forgetting Frezak gets these as well.
(To Ellemerr): Oh dear.
Bear Soup Guy: I probably can't be back today if I go and start doing stuff
But works for me
(From Ellemerr): I was in a mood. Sorry. xD
Bear Soup Guy: I committed to way too much stuff today >_<
(To Ellemerr): No need to be sorry.
Gaurav: BSG: What are you up to?
Ellemerr: I might be going to bed at any moment.
Bear Soup Guy: Grocery shopping, then working on a computer and a streaming device, doing music, other odds and ends
Ellemerr: And for more than a nap.
(From Ellemerr): I might be making it longer. I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but it doesn't feel even half-finished. If you want to put things in it, you're welcome, naturally. :3
Apheori (GM): I'm too tired.
Ellemerr: Dream, dearest.
Bear Soup Guy: drea-ee-ee-ee-eem
Apheori (GM): When next? Tuesday? Do we need to discontinue the saturdays and move to tuesdays? Or possibly fridays. I have no idea.
The world is a nice blob of fuzz.
Gaurav: mm, fuzz
Fridays are trickier for me. Saturdays are perfect, Tuesday are fine apart from the whole running-away-when-class-starts thing
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna have to claim busyness on saturdays from now on >.>
Ellemerr: I'm getting my mother over next weekend and can't do anything. You are always free to continue without me. Tuesdays depend muchly on the "when", since I work, but I'm assuming it's later than that.
Saturdays I'm supposed to be busy with Frezak, when I'm not having mums and suchs over. :3
Sundays likewise.
Fridays are good. I think.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: Tuesdays is 1800 UTC I think, if that's after work?
Bear Soup Guy: Tuesdays work good for me
Most Fridays too I guess
Ellemerr: What does UTC mean? >.< Can Gan or Frezak translate for me (since they know my time and maths and stuff)?
Gaurav: UTC = GMT I think
Ellemerr: Oh
O_o
Why are there two names?!
Apheori (GM): DST
Gaurav: the french
or atomic clocks
one or the other
Bear Soup Guy: atomic French
Gaurav: french clocks
with little berets
Bear Soup Guy: ^_^
Apheori (GM): Cows.
Gaurav: Okay. So see you all at 1800 GMT/UTC/whatevers or 1pm ET or 11am MT or 10am PT on Tuesday then?
Bear Soup Guy: All of those!
Gaurav: each and every one :) all the best with your busy day, BSG!
Bear Soup Guy: Thanks, adios all : )
Ellemerr: Be well and eat pancakes.
Gaurav: I will try. Bye, everybody! Sleep well, DM!
Apheori (GM): Woof.
I'll probably just sit here zoning out and spouting nonsense on IRC.
Blargh.
Ellemerr: Silly girl.
Apheori (GM): Than kyou.
Ellemerr: You're very welcome, m'dear. ^___^

Session 10

Apheori (GM): Guys.
Ganelon: I'm here.
Bear Soup Guy: hi
Gaurav: hullo!
Apheori (GM): So to recap, y'all are standing in a dungeon, outside an unlocked cell containing a stoned philosopher sleeping off the mushrooms.
You hare recently received a pair of rocks for some reason, and a message saying to go to an address, probably in the city.
There also seems to be a weapons shop of certain appeal to Radek in town.
What do you all do?
Rhu hopefully shouts at the stoned philosopher again.
Frezak (GM): Roll my eyes.
over and over.
Ganelon: Hook Gravy's eyes up to a turbine.
The pigeon guy stirs, sits up slightly, and hits his head on the bedframe.
The pigeon guy collapses.
Frezak (GM): And he has huge eyeballs, too.
Apheori (GM): The pigeon guybeing the philosopher.
Snrk.
Is there a roll to properly wake someone?
Ganelon: Not really. You've gotta get creative.
Apheori (GM): I suppose it'd never occur to Rhu to just shake the guy...
Frezak (GM): I don't believe that there are vanilla rules for it.
Apheori (GM): Silly vanilla.
Ganelon: Like rolling strength to slap.
Gaurav: We're standing outside the cell, I thought?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: He's in a cage tough
err yeah, cell
Rhu: But the door is open.
Apheori (GM): It's closed, but not locked. But you'd have to try it to tell the difference.
Rhu walks into the cell and shakes the pigeon guy awake.
Frezak (GM): In a cage over a a pit of larvae.
Rhu: HULLO EXCUSE ME BUT ARE YOU IMPORTANT
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Don't make me get Hazz to yell at you for talking to the stage directions.
The pigeon guy: WHAAAAH.
Rhu: Hello! Sorry. We heard that you were a philosopher, and Hazz'ridan said you might be important.
Gaurav: Talking to the stage directions?
Frezak (GM): Hello Mr.Signpost.
Greibel: Hi, fourth wall!
Greibel waves
Frezak (GM): GO ask the wall if it wants some pot.
The porridge extends a tendril of goop and waves as well.
The pigeon guy: Ughv this isn't... what...
The pigeon guy stares blearily up at Rhu.
Rhu waves at the pigeon guy
Rhu: Hello. Are you familiar with the scripture of dead ends?
The pigeon guy: Isn't that... Fred has scripts. Don't...
I... nnntgh.
Dead odds?
Rhu: Dead ENDS
No
?
Hazz'ridan the Mighty said you might be important.
Rhu looks at the pigeon guy suspiciously
The pigeon guy: It's this an in at whunnng.
The pigeon guy tries to rub his eyes and winds up smacking himself in the face with the back of his hand.
Bear Soup Guy: Does Greibel speak stoned bum?
Apheori (GM): I hope so.
Gaurav: I wonder if Radek can do his 24-hours ritual on "stoned bum"
Rhu sighs
Rhu: Important or not, you're certainly in no state to speak.
Still, another dead end! That's something.
Greibel: Hello pigeon-head!
CAN. YOU. UNDERSTAND. ME?
Ganelon: What, "Comprehend Language"?
Trust me, he'd have used it on Rhu or Greibel already if "nonsense" were a language.
Gaurav: hehe
Apheori (GM): Maybe it is! Maybe Radek is just too stubborn to accept the possibility
Frezak (GM): "babble'
Frezak (GM): Or too grumpy.
The pigeon guy: NO... yes.
Whah?
Bear Soup Guy: I like that interpretation *_*
err
^_^
Greibel: DO. YOU. KNOW. STUFF?
The pigeon guy sits up properly, propping against the bed.
The pigeon guy grins slowly.
The pigeon guy: NOPE!
Greibel: OKAY. THANK. YOU.
The pigeon guy: Don't know lots of things.
Lot's.
Lo'ts.
More.
I can tell you things. Things you...
You.
The pigeon guy waves a hand.
Rhu: Yes! Tell us things!
The pigeon guy: Things I don't know?
Radek: Or knock yourself unconscious again.
The pigeon guy: Yeeeah.
The pigeon guy tries to grab Rhu.
Radek: It might be amusing the third time.
Gaurav: I'm just imagining the pigeon guy saying "lots ... lot's? lo'ts?" out loud and it's the funniest thing ever
Rhu: Hey!
Apheori (GM) completely misses.
The pigeon guy completely misses.
Apheori (GM): Oops.
The pigeon guy: Try this. It'll shooow you.
Greibel: That's certainly one way to show him
Rhu: Try what?
Greibel: Whaddaya got there?
The pigeon guy stares off into space, waving a finger around for a bit.
Rhu follows the finger with his eyes
The pigeon guy then reaches into his pocket, pulls out a mushroom, and hands it to Rhu, still staring off into space.
Rhu: Oh. Thanks.
Frezak (GM): GO WILD
Greibel: Oh. He wants you to see what he sees.
Radek nudges Gravy. "If they both pass out at once, can you carry both of them?"
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if the mushroom looks like anything Rhu, a city boy through and through, can make sense of
(
4
)
+12
=
16
Greibel: It's a drug, silly
Apheori (GM): It looks like the dried mushrooms his roommate put in a stew once.
Rhu: It's a snack, isn't it? Can you eat it? Some mushrooms are poisonous.
Greibel: Heh heh
Yes
Rhu offers it to Greibel, who seems to know more about these things than he does.
The pigeon guy spills a bunch of other mushrooms on the floor and starts mumbling.
The pigeon guy: Eyes... Eyes in the dark... Softly speaking, tendrils... shadows...
Greibel: It's actually pretty weird that they let him keep the mushrooms in his cell
Oh well
The pigeon guy stiffens and jerks and starts shouting.
Greibel covertly picks some of the mushrooms up
The pigeon guy: YOU CAN'T KEEP ME.
YOU CAN'T.
YOU CAN'T SEE.
NOTHING TO SEEEEE.
The pigeon guy collapses and passes out again.
Greibel: Oh okay!
Greibel jogs back to the door to the cell
Rhu picks up the other mushrooms
Radek: Feeling enlightened, either of you?
Greibel: Yeah, you'll be joking when these mushrooms make us see the canyons of your miiiiiiiiind, man
Rhu sniffs at one of the mushrooms, then takes a nibble.
Gaurav: What does it taste like?
Apheori (GM): Spicy.
Rich.
A bit meaty.
Rhu: Mm. Nice!
This'll make a nice soup later.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12 Nature check on the mushrooms to see what their effects really might be
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Radek: If you could understand even a fraction of my disdain for you, I suspect it would shatter what little remains of your disjointed consciousness.
Bear Soup Guy: D'UUUUUHH WAT IS PLANTZ
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You're pretty sure they're drugs, possibly hallucinogens from the effects.
Gaurav: hey, 14 is perfectly respectable! You definitely know this is a mushroom.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Apheori (GM): Who was Radek talking to?
Ganelon: For two super-experts in your respective fields, you guys sure are unlucky.
Gaurav: Begun, the cycle of despair and enforced walks into ponds has.
Frezak (GM): You want me to roll on drugs?
Ganelon: Greibel, this time.
Apheori (GM): Did you eat it?
Rhu: You begin to feel really weird. Light. Fuzzy.
Almost floating.
Rhu: Ooh. This feels nice.
Apheori (GM): Things don't really seem clearer. In fact everything seems... murkier. Colours dimmed, and displaced. People glowing oddly. Objects fading...
Rhu: ... hey ... come back ...
Grbbbbl, stop glowing. It's ridiclus.
Greibel: Oh yeah, nice man.
I'll be right here, I just might look like a disembodied consciousness
But that's normal
Rhu looks at Greibel funny, then nods.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
1
)
=
1
Gaurav: ooooooooooooooo
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Everyone do stuff now.
Bear Soup Guy: HAH
Rhu tries to work out which colour is being displaced to which other colour, but every time he does the colours rearrange themselves and it's quite anonying actually
Frezak (GM): So how do we undrug Rhu?
Hit him with sticks?
Apheori (GM): Good question!
Bear Soup Guy: We have to get him to see stuff though!
Or he'll try anyway
Gaurav: You could also leave Rhu in this cell and go do something sensible like find out more about the weapons or something.
Apheori (GM): Or you could drag him around.
See what there is to see.
Yes!
Ganelon: On drugs.
Yes.
Frezak (GM): Let's go learn science!
Do we have a wheelbarrow?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The colours are starting to make sense. They describe things that aren't... strictly there. Variations of past and present, a narrative of presence...
Gaurav: Can Rhu walk? Maybe he can be lead?
Wheelbarrow! Yes, perfect!
Apheori (GM): He can walk.
He's still standing.
Frezak (GM): IN straight lines?
Rhu wonders what a mushroom milkshake would taste like
Frezak (GM): And not waddle off?
Apheori (GM): Well, you might have to... hold onto... yeah.
Frezak (GM): Someone tie a rope to him.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel will keep an eye on him because he feels responsible
Frezak (GM): I'm probably the heaviest here, so I suppose i'll do that.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You notice Radek isn't glowing the same was as the others. He's more just an object, not quite there, mostly gone. An emptiness in space. Greibels hands are the same way, for some reason.
Gaurav: Yeah, I'd've thought Greibel would be prepared for sudden drag-induced stupors.
Apheori (GM): same way*
Ganelon: I approve of this state of being.
Rhu: (mumbles) hey, what's wrong, Radek? Hey? What ... why are't you glowing right? You're not glowing right.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Greibel and the Gravedigger are brilliant and colourful... you seem normal. You can't see your own glow.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu: loooooook at my hand, it's soooooo normal
wheee
Frezak (GM): Gravy IS A RAAAIIINOW
or a rainbow.
Greibel puts his hands on Rhu's shoulders
Greibel: Now think man
You needed to see some important stuff
(To Rhu): Go. See what you need to see. The ends await.
Greibel: Just keep thinking important stuff and maybe you can find out what we're doing here, and possibly the fundamental relation of all cosmic bodies, if the effect lasts long enough
Rhu: Huh? Yeah?
Greibel just told me to see what I need to see. But he said it in Hazz'ridan's voice? What?
Radek: You could also see the miserable direction your life is taking.
That would be helpful too.
Rhu: The ends await. Mm. Good. Good. I need ends. Dead ends for me please.
Also tea. And a milkshake.
Gaurav: What do the buildings look like?
Colour-wise
Are Gravy and Greibel similar colours, or just different kinds of vibrant colours?
Apheori (GM): You're still inside.
The walls are just objects, there but not important. Think... uh... ambient occlusion maps.
Gravy and greibel are different colours but in the same ways.
So. Gravy has a rope around Rhu and Greibel has ahold of Rhu's shoulders...
Gaurav: Lemme do another perception check from within this maelstorm of colour and see if I notice anything.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check
(
8
)
+12
=
20
Frezak (GM): RELEASE THE RHU
Gaurav: You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike. You might be eaten by a Rhu. Especially if you look like milkshake.
Frezak (GM): You might be eaten by a Rhu :P
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You notice the pigeon philosopher on the floor is also glowing, but much more faintly. Same with the other prisoners, and the guards. It is a different sort of glow...
And you realise you can see the glow through walls, even. Some on what is probably the street outside, some sleeping guards above...
Gaurav: X-ray vision! Cool!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see darker things, too. Not absenses, holes, like Radek, but thinner spots... there's one in front of you now. It doesn't fit the shape of reality.
Rhu: Huh. Huh.
Rhu pokes the thinner spot in front of me
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You get the impression that the thinner spot is staring at you.
Rhu stares back
Bear Soup Guy: When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back
Rhu stares back harder
Apheori (GM): You guys might want to drag him out and do something else. Seriously.
Ellemerr: Amadi. Mad girl with no sense of what's going on. I can do that. *shifty eyes*
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The thinner spot shimmers slightly.
YES.
Ellemerr: Put me in wherever.
Bear Soup Guy: Amadi vs. Stoney Rhu :D
Apheori (GM): Show up wherever.
Rhu: Is that spot staring back at me?
Ellemerr: I don't know what is even there.
Rhu pokes the spot again
Amadi stares at Rhu, squinting a little.
(To Rhu): Ignore that. Move!
Apheori (GM): So Amadi just appeared behind Radek.
Radek jumps a little.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You're in a dungeon orsomething.
Rhu: Oh. Err. Yes, Lord Ha-- Lord Harzsdi-- Lord Hazzdriddann. Let's go.
Amadi: You... you have soup. Right there. Soup.
Amadi shudders.
Rhu: Hey guys we should we should go Lor-- that guy I pray to. He said this. He said we should. We should.
Rhu points towards the exit
Greibel: God told us through a mushroom man to leave the jail cell
Let's go!
Amadi: Let's go!
Go when?
Gaurav: Greibel: hahahaha YES
Radek: Thank the gods.
Gaurav: That is a perfect sentence.
Guard pokes his head into the cells area.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Guard: Is everythign all right in hthere?
The Gravedigger: DOn't ask.
They might answer.
Rhu starts to giggle at the guard
Gaurav: What sort of colour is he?
Amadi: No. There's soup.
I want a sandwich.
Guard: Erm...
Guard looks the place over and backs out.
Apheori (GM): The guard is like the prisoners - muted. Mostly grey.
Amadi: Why are you...?
Amadi wavesa finger towards the guard's face.
Apheori (GM): So you all head back out, passing the group of guards at their table, who do a very unconvncing job of pretending that everything is perfectly normal.
The guard studiously ignores Amadi as well.
Frezak (GM): You mean this ISNT normal?
Greibel: Haters gonna hate
Guard mutters, "ignore it and it'll go away..."
Amadi: Pfft. Liar.
Gaurav: ... nobody is at all suspicious that we entered a dungeon with four people and are leaving with five?
We should have taken the philosopher pigeon as well.
Ellemerr: They're ignoring me so I might go away.
Apheori (GM): That's probably why they're being so... weird. They don't recognise the fifth, though, so they're just pretending it didn't happen.
Y'all head out to the street. It's getting later. WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
Rhu practices walking
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The light is all meaningless. Sun, shadows, reflections. There's a different light now, not of light itself, but of presence and absolute, what is and isn't. The people glow, but faintly. Objects fade in and out of relevance.
Amadi: This is... not midnight, right?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You can probably see this too on top of everything else, but you still see normal.
Radek: Not yet.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Whatever the hell normal even is for you.
Amadi: See, I know what time it isn't. I totally know what... Mm, that colour look tasty.
Gaurav: Objects fade in and out of ... relevance?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You notice Amadi is glowing even more brightly than the others, and differently too. Like she's something else, something bigger, older...
And if you look at her the wrong way, something just like Radek.
But then you can't get it to happen again.
Frezak (GM): She's hazz.
Apheori (GM): The objects are... flat.
Ellemerr: Don't be rude, Frezak.
Apheori (GM): People pass by. They're mostly different colours, and all rather faint, though there is variation.
Rhu stares at Amadi for a while
Apheori (GM): Amadi glows.
Radek: We have an address.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You can't make out just what the colour actually is, though. Purple? Blue? Red?
Amadi stares back at Rhu, then makes a rude face.
Apheori (GM): Black?
The Gravedigger: I'm sure it'll be great.
Maybe they'll give us biscuits.
Radek: Maybe they'll take these two off our hands.
Rhu is oblivious of any rudeness, and does that move-head-from-side-to-side thing you do when trying to determine parallax
The Gravedigger: LET'S GO TO THE ADRESS
Greibel: Maybe they'll...tell us stuff?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The blackness flickers. It makes you slightly ill.
Amadi: No they won't, Radek. That's your name now? Hm. You should change it.
Apheori (GM): Which address do you go to? The one with the weapons, or the one on the rock?
Well, that came with the rock.
Radek: I like my name as-is.
Amadi: Clearly you're not very smart.
Were we going sometime?
Gaurav: Them's fighting words
Bear Soup Guy: Brain-fighting
Ganelon: Oh my.
She's getting death-glares over that.
Apheori (GM): Chrome-shiny death glares.
Ganelon: Yeah, it's probably hard to read his face but he's still gonna try.
Amadi rolls back and forth at her heels, looking bored.
Greibel: To the address!
Apheori (GM): Which one? Who leads?
Frezak (GM): Radek?
I don't know if anyone else read the thing?
Ganelon: Sure.
His was illegible.
Apheori (GM): So stoned guy read the other one?
Oh dear.
Gaurav: It's in the log somewhere.
Should I copy it in here?
Ellemerr: In an attempt at being true to my character I've promptly forgotten everything. *shifty eyes*
Apheori (GM): Forgotten what, now?
Ellemerr: The world.
Apheori (GM): Huh?
Ellemerr: I don't know. >.>
Apheori (GM): I kid.
Ellemerr: I'm not sure if I do.
Apheori (GM): Radek: You don't actually know how to get there. Do you set off anyway, ask for directions, or something else?
Ganelon: I'll ask someone.
Frezak (GM): Rename the streets and complain at people that their town is wrong
Ganelon: Later.
Apheori (GM): Okay, you ask someone, and then run away because you're scary.
Frezak (GM): Ask a guard
They're not allowed to run.
Ellemerr: I could ask!
Frezak (GM): YOU'RE INSAAAANE
Ellemerr: I look perfectly un-scary.
Frezak (GM): INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE
And so's Amadi.
Ellemerr: Yeah but I'm sure they're used to that.
Ganelon: How dare they flee from me.
Frezak (GM): IF ONLY YOU COULD GRAB
Ganelon: Actually I'd love to use a, uh...
Tethercord.
If I had one.
Apheori (GM): Well, a nearby guard overheard/saw and comes up and tells you.
Gaurav: Gan: hehe
Apheori (GM): SO GOOD JOB.
Frezak (GM): Aw.
Thanks Mr.Guard.
TO THE PLACE
Apheori (GM): He's also looking at Rhu worriedly.
Radek: Well at least someone in this place has a sense of manners.
Frezak (GM): Yes.
The only person was the guard.
Excluding all other people.
Apheori (GM): Guards are paid.
Frezak (GM): From being mannered.
Ganelon: It's okay, I'm old.
I'm entitled to my grumpiness.
Frezak (GM): Also covered in lead.
ONWARDS
Apheori (GM): YOU GO ON TO THE PLACE.
It has a really big statue of a crossbow stuck to the front of the building.
It's hard to miss.
Gaurav: What colour is the crossbow?
Ganelon: Not a real crossbow?
Frezak (GM): Is this the armourer's or the place on the note?
Apheori (GM): The sign says 'Rorik and Sons'.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Ganelon: Ah, it's the guy arming the guards.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The crossbow is an object. Not terribly interesting.
Rhu: It seems to be just people.
That glow.
And stuff.
Dim places are are. Thinner places.
Frezak (GM): It's made of peeeople
Rhu: (mumbles) Oh. I gettit. It's just people. Just people.
Radek: What a waste of stone. They could have made this a functional piece of siege equipment.
Gaurav: "Rorik, Sons and Daughters, but not the one who ran away to join the circus who we don't talk about"
Ganelon: Well, I'll go inside without really waiting on these other clowns.
Amadi: At least they know what their name is. Why aren't you named Rorik?
Ganelon: He wouldn't answer that.
Amadi: ... Or... Harold. Harold would suit you. You couldn't be a Valentine.
Apheori (GM): The inside is full of weapons and weapon parts. Crossbows and swords seem to be a specialty, lining most of the walls. Quite a few rods and staves are also present, including the model the guards seemed to have.
Random parts are also strewn everywhere, and in bins.
There's an old guy with a beard working on a crossbow.
Amadi falls into step beside Rhu, takes his arm and walks him inside. "Would you be my Valentine?"
Radek: You there! I take it you are Rorik?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: When she touches you, you are overcome with warmth. It is as though she is the brightest thing in the universe, and has only brightness to share...
Frezak (GM): ANY SHOVELS?
Apheori (GM): No shovels.
Frezak (GM): This shop sucks.
Apheori (GM): In sight, anyway.
You could ask.
Rorik: That I am!
Frezak (GM): IF SHOVELS ARE NOT IN PRIME POSITION THIS PLACE IS AN INSULT TO A THING
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Radek: Your shop sells wands. Do I dare to assume that means you know something about magic?
Rorik: A thing or two, perhaps. Did you have something in mind?
Apheori (GM) pokes Ellemerr and Gaurav with a stick.
Gaurav: oops, sorry
Greibel goes to stare absently at all the staves he can't afford
Gaurav: chatting with my advisor in the next window
Radek: Well, dimensional rifts are tearing your world apart at the seams and I should like to know if anyone has been studying a way to close them.
Rhu holds on to Amadi's hand with both hands. The warmth feels good.
Gaurav: How cold is it in this town? Or this planet?
Apheori (GM): Warm.
It's like summer or something.
Radek: Now I don't expect you to have an answer, necessarily, but as the technology here seems unsuited to the task, arcane study strikes me as the next most likely way to a solution.
Rorik looks slightly surprised, then says, "You sure? Seems like something that would be in the news."
Amadi leans closer to Rhu, smiling faintly. "Careful," she mutters. "You'll smell the burning."
Rorik: Guards chatter, of course, but aside from some weirdness on the planes I certainly wouldn't call the world falling apart...
Rhu sniffs
Rorik: Here's a thought. There's always weirdness. There's also explosives. Have you tried...
Rorik gets out a large box.
Rorik: ...blowing up the weirdness?
Radek grins widely.
Gaurav: o.0
Greibel 's interest is piqued
Amadi lowers her voice even more; "On your tongue... You'll smell it on your -"
Radek: I admit to have been lacking materials.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You can't smell the burning. The box, however, is glowing.
Amadi: EXPLODE!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: So is Rorik, though less than the box. But he's glowing more than most folk around here.
Gaurav: this plan strikes me as terrible, ill-advised, ridiculous but also awesome
Rhu: (to Rorik) Excuse me, sir, but why are you glowing?
Rorik: (To Radek) Then you, my good friend, have come to exactly the right place.
What?
Rorik looks at himself.
Radek: He's drugged up.
Rorik: I'm not glowing.
Rhu: Shiny. Very shiny. Also: your box. Also shiny.
Rorik: Ah, well.
Rhu: (to Amadi) You can see it, can't you, Mrs. Teatime?
Rorik: You'll be wanting to check this, then.
Rorik opens the box and shows Radek a pile of parts inside.
Amadi: It's not teatime. I know what time it isn't.
Rorik: Some assembly required, but you, sir, look like someone who could do far more with this than with anything pre-made...
Rhu nods distractedly at Amadi
Radek: Oh, assembly is the best part.
Gaurav: I'm suddenly imagining Radek playing with LEGO.
Ganelon: And stepping on the bricks?
Maybe that's why he's so grumpy.
Too many LEGO brick incidents growing up.
Ellemerr giggles.
Gaurav: hehe
Amadi giggles for no apparent reason.
Ganelon: So, what can I discern about these parts?
The porridge slides off Greibel's shoulder and goes splat on the floor.
Rhu points confusedly at the box
Apheori (GM): They're magical.
Greibel: :/
Rhu: Why is the box glowing?
Apheori (GM): And kind of strong.
Radek: And really explosive. You can see exactly how to put them all together such that it could... well, put a really massive hole in the planet, for instance.
Frezak (GM): THE BIGGEST HOLE
Ganelon: Oh yes.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The porridge is not glowing.
Greibel: Okay Rasputin, you can walk around and take a look if you like.
But don't get the staves all slimey.
The porridge sits there.
Radek: ...Say, you build crossbows here. Have you ever heard of a rifle?
Amadi: Rasputin is a good name too. Very good.
Frezak (GM): Oatey staves.
Rorik: Can't say I have.
Greibel: Thanks, gypsy girl!
Amadi: I'm going to be named Rasputing tomorrow.
Radek: Something like this.
Rhu: Rasputing would suit you well.
Radek places his rifle over the counter.
Rorik picks it up and gives it a look-over.
Rorik pops it open after a bit of fiddling and looks inside.
Rorik starts looking very, very interested.
Frezak (GM): If he breaks your shit I'm not throwing things for you.
Ganelon: As if I couldn't fix it.
Although I think Radek is proficient in using shovels.
Rorik nods. "Now this," he says, putting it back together and handing it back, "is definitely doable."
Amadi leans her head on Rhu's shoulder - or more likely arm, since she probably won't reach the shoulder - and groans slowly and quietly.
Rorik: Would you have a... smaller one you'd be willing to part with? Something that is not so much a part of you?
Gaurav: Does Amadi's head feel magically warm like her hands do? (Or are her hands just normal and Rhu is making much of it because he's stoned?)
Radek: Not quite. I have some standard-issue laser weapon, but... well, you would need lenses to build one of those.
Apheori (GM): Amadi is warm. She is a source of power, and Rhu feels that power...
Rhu looks around a bit to see where the groaning is coming from, then realizing it's Amadi.
Radek: I could draw you a blueprint for either in a day.
Ellemerr: I need to at some point find out why Rhu is stoned.
Apheori (GM): Or at least he thinks he does.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Mrs. Teatime, what's wrong?
Rorik: Lenses?
Frezak (GM): How long would it take him to teach the guy to read blueprints?
Amadi: Can you see... In my head...?
Rorik: Some of the staves use those. Focus the beam, the better to punch holes through several tonnes of rock...
The city used to have walls, you know.
Ganelon: I'll hand him the pistol.
Rorik looks extremely pleased with himself.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: Rhu took the slightest nibble of a mushroom that the stoned philosopher gave him. All he knows is that Hazz'ridan seems to approve of this course.
Radek: Here.
Apheori (GM) picks up the pistol and examines it as well.
Rorik picks up the pistol and examines it as well.
Ellemerr: Hazz would at that. xD
Rorik: Hmm... this is somewhat more efficient. Different principle from the rifle, of course, but... how much do you want for it?
Gaurav: DM: stop taking guns out of the game!
Rorik: And if the blueprints are for sale...
Frezak (GM): GUNS ARE FOR PUSSIES
Rhu squints and stares at Amadi's forehead
Apheori (GM): Dude, this guy's going to be MAKING them. XD
Ellemerr: Agreed. I'm voting for shovels any day.
Gaurav: An all-shovel army would be a terrifying thing indeed.
Frezak (GM): SHOVELS
Also.
Apheori (GM): Shovels!
Frezak (GM): If these guys wander around with laser guns.
It might be a problem in teh future.
If we set up a despotic empire.
For some quick cash.
Ellemerr: Ya think?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Radek: Haven't the faintest idea. Rifts dropped me here scarcely more than a day ago and I'm still amazed you people carry your currency with you.
Gaurav: Should that eventuality arise.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
5
)
=
5
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You can't see in her head. Too much glow.
Radek: You seem like you've got your head on straight, at least.
Gaurav: I'm saving up all my rolls > 10 for my community ecology class.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu shakes his head sadly
Rhu: (to Amadi) You have too much glow. I cannot see a thing. Does it hurt to glow that much?
Apheori (GM): Okay, what would a nice, heavy crossbow sell for?
With some magic.
Amadi: Hurt.
Amadi says the word in a tone of voice that strips it of all meaning.
Ganelon: Well, if it's a +1 magic thing, it's worth 360 GP (but sell price tends to be between 20-50% of that depending on what you think is best as the DM).
Rorik: I'll give you 200 for it. Another 500 for the blueprints.
Rhu: Aww. (pats Amadi's head with the arm Amadi isn't leaning against) Poor Mrs. Teatime.
The porridge slowly pulls itself back together and slithers over to Gravy's foot.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Radek: Fantastic. I hope you put them to good use.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will try to evade the breakfast.
Apheori (GM): You'll still need to make the blueprints, though.
Amadi: Is it time yet? I know what time it isn't. Why am I now?
Rorik: I fully intend to.
Rorik gives Radek 200 coin things and slips the gun under the table.
Rorik: When'll you have the blueprints ready?
Rhu: (to Amadi) When are you trying to be?
Radek: Tomorrow. I don't sleep, so it should be quite a simple matter.
Rorik: Perhaps we can call those a straight trade for this box?
Amadi: I... don't know anymore. I don't even know.
Amadi sighs.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see shapes in Amadi's glow.
Radek: Certainly.
Greibel continues browsing, unaware as to the porridge's exploits
Rorik nods happily.
Ganelon: Well, that's all I need for now.
Rorik: (to Greibel) You interested in any of those?
Radek: It was a rare pleasure doing business with you.
Rorik: Oh, indeed.
Very rare.
Greibel: Ah
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception checks: what shapes?
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Greibel: Can't say I need them or could afford them
Just admiring
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You have no idea. They're not objects. Not in the traditional sense. Metaphorical objects. Containers? Bones.
Gaurav: Bones! Is she a Dire Lady?
Apheori (GM): Bones with the flesh gone, flesh that would define them, flesh that is the thing itself...
Metaphorical bones.
Rorik: Well, if you ever need and can afford, there's even better to be admired in back. Do remember that.
Rorik turns away.
Greibel: I think I will remember that
The porridge finally manages to hop onto Gravy's leg and clings.
Greibel: At least for the next few minutes until the drugs make me forget again
The Gravedigger: Greibel.
Please remove Rasputin from my leg.
Rhu is a little scared by the bones, so he holds Amadi's hand a little tighter so he can feel more of her warmth.
Greibel: Awwwww
He wants to play!
The Gravedigger: With my LEG?
It's just squelching.
Greibel: He's not picky
The Gravedigger: Well, I'm on duty right now, so if you could take it off?
Greibel: Fine
The Gravedigger: Thank you.
Greibel pulls Rasputin off with a popping sound
Greibel: Spoil sport
(To Rhu): You must let go. She is an illusion that blinds. You cannot lose your way.
(To Rhu): You are MINE.
Amadi attempts to wiggle her squeezed fingers.
The porridge somehow manages to look incredibly disappointed.
Rhu releases his grip a bit
Amadi "Aaaw"s and whistles at Rasputin.
Rhu: But she's warm
Amadi: You think she's warm, but it's only outside. Ice boiling.
(To Rhu): Warmth distracts. You must step into the dark to see.
(To Amadi): Do you want him?
Amadi: ... No, that's not it. It's tea. I just want a Valentine.
Gaurav: Okay, I'm going to say that the drugs are making Rhu want to keep holding on to Amadi for the warmth, but he's going to try to break away and listen to his god now. Should I roll a d20, or some sort of fortitude thingie?
(To Amadi): Someday, perhaps, I will show you what it means to spread. And you will show me what it means to dream.
(To Amadi): Consider it a promise of a promise.
Apheori (GM): Roll a... sure, I dunno.
Gaurav:
rolling d20
(
14
)
=
14
Amadi attempts to tear herself away from Rhu.
Amadi: My dreams are my own!
Rhu lets go immediately
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You hear laughter echoing away in your head.
Frezak (GM): brb
Amadi: Mydreamsaremyownmydreamsaremyownmydreamsaremydreamsaremydreams-
Gaurav: If you don't think I've nearly copied bits of this game into the chat with my advisor, you don't understand how sleepy I am right now.
Latest one: "Amadi: ... No, that's not it. It's tea. I just want a Valentine. "
which would have been tough to explain
Apheori (GM): Hah!
Amadi slumps down at the floor, clutching her head.
Radek: (To Rorik) Every day, they do this.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rorik snorts and shakes his head.
Gaurav: DM: can we say Rhu has snapped out of his drug-induced haze? Or was that 14 not good enough?
Rorik: And this was why sensible men invented weapons.
Ganelon: Thank you so much for this character.
Apheori (GM): The 14 wasn't good enough to pull away, let alone snap out of it. Amadi just managed to make it happen anyway.
That said you can roll for that now.
Rhu: d20!
Gan: He wants to sell you weapons.
(From Ellemerr): I love answering whispers out loud. So much.
(To Ellemerr): It's awesome.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Like I said, 14
Gaurav: Oops, sorry
Rhu is still very out of it. He looks at Amadi slumped on the floor with consternation and confusion.
Ganelon: Radek unfortunately has a fine weapon of his own already. Also, he's grumpy and mean but not evil enough to shoot any of his "friends".
Well, not evil at all, I say.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Some of the glow fades. It's less clear now.
Amadi curls up on the floor, still muttering about her dreams - the words seem to be "I dream" now - and then, with a shudder, she falls asleep. A moment later, she's disappeared.
Rhu: Huh.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: With Amadi gone, everything else suddenly gets much brighter.
Rhu: Ouch! Too bright!
Rhu squints
Apheori (GM): ...not that bright.
Ellemerr cackles
Ellemerr: And now you shall turn BLIND!
Rhu looks around
Apheori (GM): It's like the brightest thing in a room goes out, and then you see all he light you missed.
Gaurav: Gotcha. Rhu is still stoned, though, right?
Apheori (GM): Well, okay, Rhu might get blinded, but that's Rhu.
Mostly.
Rhu looks at his own hand, which is still normal I suppose.
Rhu: Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
5
)
=
5
Ellemerr: And now I'm going to follow Amadi's prime example and chase some dreams. I'll possibly pop back when you last expect it.
Apheori (GM): You have a suspicious feeling abot your hand.
Like it might be out to get you.
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Ellemerr
Apheori (GM): Dream well, dreamer of freams.
dreams
Gaurav: Pretty sure those 14s are the last >10 rolls I've got in me tonight.
today
Bear Soup Guy: Dream we- what she said
Gaurav: Bye, Ellemerr!
Rhu looks at his hand, aghast; then hides it behind his back and quickly looks around to make sure it isn't coming to get him.
Ellemerr: Sweet daydreams and nightmares to one and all.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The feeling fades almost immediately.
Rhu still keeps one hand behind his back, just in case. You can't trust hands.
Apheori (GM): Sane people: Care to move the peanut gallery along?
Gaurav: Oops, almost forgot: I have to leave for class in ~45 mins!
Ganelon: I think Frezak's not back yet, so that leaves it up to me.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: An imperative fills your head - go the place. Find the truth. Use the rock.
INHALE TRUTH.
Gaurav: Gan: as usual.
Ganelon: And honestly, the image of Radek just idly complaining as people fall to the ground mumbling to themselves is very amusing to me.
Apheori (GM): In this case Greibel is relatively sane as well.
Frezak (GM): Back.
Apheori (GM): Hello.
Radek: Alright, everyone out if you're not buying anything.
Rhu: What if you're inhaling the truth?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Radek: Fresh air is the truth.
Rhu: We should go to the place with the rock. In the truth.
Radek: Outside.
Rhu mumbles something about truthiness but followed Radek
Radek: This man deserves better than the burden of your company.
Rorik chuckles quietly to himself.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The air outside is AIR.
Frezak (GM): I'll waddle out.
THis place has nothing for me.
Apheori (GM): SHOCKING, HUH?
Ganelon: I'm really glad that nobody else in the party is particularly sensitive to insults or I'd actually feel guilty about being so awful to them.
Gaurav: Air-type air is a rare gift.
(To Rhu): Go.
Ganelon: I the player, that is. About Radek being awful to them.
Gaurav: Rhu is already outside.
Apheori (GM): This is certainly an... interesting party in that regard.
Ganelon: He couldn't care less if your feelings get hurt. He only has infusions for healing *actual* damage.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Hazz wants you to keep walking.
KEEP WALKING.
Rhu keeps walking, then realizes he's going the wrong direction, stops and turns.
Ganelon: So, we know where these people with the rocks are leading us, right?
Rhu walks in the opposite direction for a bit before realizing he has no idea where he's going.
Rhu: What rock? This rock?
Ganelon: At least one of us does?
Rhu hands it and the note to Gan
Apheori (GM): Rhu doesn't even know. He knows which way to walk he's walking.
and he's walking*
Rhu keeps on a'walking
Frezak (GM): Not he can't.
He's tied to Gravy.
By love and rope.
Apheori (GM): Okay, he bounces off the rope after a bit.
But he still walked as far as he could get.
Rhu: Hey!
hey
I think it's this way.
Apheori (GM): He's still trying to walk. It is imperative.
Rhu: We should walk. I have very strong feelings about this.
Frezak (GM): Do we think it's a good idea to whatever thing Rhu feels like doing or thinks a voice told him to do?
Is he some kind of oracle at this point or just a madman?
Ganelon: That's a hard line to draw.
Frezak (GM): Well we need a pen.
Gaurav: I've been wondering that for a while.
At some point it's going to be easier to just tie him to a wheelbarrow and ask him to point out things that may be of interest.
Bear Soup Guy: Well at this point I think we're following him because we don't really have any other leads so we're seeing what comes of it
Ganelon: We have an address from that strange teleporting woman, don't we?
Bear Soup Guy: Do we?
Gaurav: The other strange teleporting woman
Apheori (GM): Rhu has it, at least.
Frezak (GM): So that WASNT Rorik's place?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: Rhu just handed it to Gan
Rorik's address we got from the guards after our almost-encounter with them
Frezak (GM): I thought they were telling us where the adress WAS
Ganelon: Yes, but that was a different one.
Now we need directions to this one.
Or so I assume.
Gaurav: That's the guards from earlier this game. Rorik's place we got from the guards on Saturday, I think.
Frezak (GM): Time to find a guard, then.
Gaurav: This town is crawling with guards.
Apheori (GM): Ŕhu is still pulling on the rope.
Ganelon: Might as well go in whatever direction he's headed until we find a guard.
Frezak (GM): Hokay, then.
If there are wyverns I'm blaming you.
Rhu doesn't hear; he's pretty focused on the whole walking in a particular direction thing at the mo'
Apheori (GM): There are guards in sight, though perhaps not immediately nearby.
Rhu walks down the streets at angles, corner to opptosite corner, turning in parts.
Shortest possibly path, even if it leads through other people.
Or things.
He winds up getting stuck on a lamppost.
Frezak (GM): "on" ?
Like, "on top of" ?
Apheori (GM): Behind?
Trying to walk through it.
Frezak (GM): Right.
I suppose i'll slide him, then.
Gaurav: ... wow, how stoned is he?
Rhu: There's a ... this pole's in my way
Radek: Do you suppose he'll ever recover?
Apheori (GM): Pretty stoned. Main issue is he's still seeing things weirdly, and probably didn't even see the post until he ran into it.
The Gravedigger: We'll find out.
Apheori (GM): Or he didn't see it in any particular position.
It is fading, though. Slightly.
Frezak (GM): Shit.
Gaurav: oof.
Frezak (GM): The lap-post is fading?
RUN.
Apheori (GM): Okay, he leads you down a few more streets in a step-like pattern and stops in front of a vacant lot.
Frezak (GM): RUN FOR THE HILLS
Apheori (GM): No, the... drug effect. XD
Frezak (GM): Well that's boring.
Gaurav: Pretty glad I walked into a lamppost and not a stranger, then.
Apheori (GM): You walked into a few of those, too. But they got out of your way on their onw.
Gaurav: Frezak: shh. you don't know how excited I am that only two things have randomly vanished since we've reached town. The stability of reality in the recent past is making me forget the horrors that we saw on Sarathi.
Oh, good.
Apheori (GM): Anyway, there's a fence around the lot. You're in front of a gate.
Frezak (GM): READ THE ADDRESS OF THIS PLACE
Apheori (GM): Inside appears to be a whole lot of weeds and stuff, and some bricks and a rusted wheelbarrow without a tire.
But this is the place.
Ganelon: Yeah.
Apheori (GM): You feel it.
Ganelon: I was about to ask.
Apheori (GM): Gan: The address is not the one on the note.
Frezak (GM): Bah.
Rhu points at the empty lot
Rhu: We're here.
... though I'm not sure where that is.
Frezak (GM): Hokay.
I will survey the area with EAGLE VISION
Rhu: ... I'm going to pray to Hazz'ridan now. He's pretty knowledgable about things like that.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You feel power here, but more important, you see colour. There is something of a glow in the very air in the lot, especially at the center. You know it is where to be.
Rhu: Wait ...
Rhu walks to the center
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Frezak (GM): I hope we don't lose our second divine guy to a magic hole.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
19
)
=
19
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: I suppose that's why I'm tied to the most stable person in the party
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The greyed out effect of reality fades, and you feel more. Gravity. Weight. The presense of space, and everything pressing down...
Frezak (GM): THAT DOESNT SOUND BAD AT ALL
Apheori (GM): Nope.
It doesn't. YOU'RE RIGHT.
Seriously, though, do stuff.
Rhu: Oof. I'm going to sit down now.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+12 NATURE THE FIELD
(
19
)
+12
=
31
Rhu sits down under/next to the hole
Ganelon: Suddenly, 19s.
Gaurav: WOAH
Bear Soup Guy: I AM GOD
Gaurav: such rolle
Frezak (GM): What hole?
rolling 1D20+9+1+10
(
7
)
+9+1+10
=
27
Perception.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The field is alive. It is full of life, and more than just that of the nromal world. This place has been touched by the gods, and that is probably why it is vacant, for none would want to build on top of that...
Greibel: But there's something missing. And empty space where Rhu is sitting.
Frezak (GM): THAT DOESNT SOUND BAD AT ALL.
Apheori (GM): An*
Frezak: You discern some of the same impressions, and notice the wheelbarrow has a wheel now. It didn't before.
Rhu prays, given the lack of anything else to do, and how heavy he feels and all that weight ...
Radek: So he sat down in the dirt.
Apheori (GM): Also there are a lot of bricks amidst the weeds.
The Gravedigger: THe Wheelbarrow just grew a wheel.
No longer a simple barrow
Greibel goes up to Rhu
Greibel: Look!
Can you feel the presence in this place?
Your God must have led you somewhere useful for once!
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check: Rhu prays fervently
(
12
)
+8
=
20
Apheori (GM): A dark ooze trickles out of the ground and spreads around Rhu. Then several large tentacles reach out and wrap around him, pulling him into nothing.
The Gravedigger: Oh dear.
The Gravedigger PULLS ON THE ROPE
Greibel: Well....misjudged that one.
Apheori (GM): The rope dissolves.
In the dark stuff.
Frezak (GM): Crud.
Rhu: Huh, that was unexp---
Frezak (GM): WELL.
WE LOST OUR SECOND DIVINE DUDE TO A HOLE.
Gaurav: Divine characters are overrated, anyway.
Bear Soup Guy: Don't worry, it'll even out when the entire universe is swallowed by a black hole
Gaurav: The first rule of D&D, "Never split the party", suggests you all jump into this hole after me now. Just sayin'
Frezak (GM): Sersiously.
We should retire and become farmers while we still can.
Gaurav: Alternatively, you could report the hole to this town's police force and let them deal with it.
Frezak: XD
Frezak (GM): Yeah, if all the guards are eaten by teh hole we can rule as futuristic despots.
Apheori (GM): The dark stain on the ground begins to fade, sinking back down.
Greibel: RADEK! Blow up the hole!
Gaurav: I should leave for class in the next 10 mins, but given that Rhu has fallen into a hole
... and perhaps gone to that great, big dead-end in the sky ...
this might not be all that important
(To Gaurav): And we can discuss what happens in the hole... later,
Frezak (GM): Hazzridaninism doesn't sound so cool now >.>
Apheori (GM): Bwahahahah!
Gaurav: It's not done badly for a religion focused on dead ends! I wonder if it's, like, one of the Grand Big Religions or like a weird little sect that everybody looks down on.
Apheori (GM): Definitely a weird one.
Ganelon: Hm.
Apheori (GM): That people look at weirdly.
Frezak (GM): So this world does not like godlings.
Apheori (GM): Oh, they like them. Hazz'ridan is just a bit odd.
Frezak (GM): Well, both divine ones got et by otherwordly forces.
Ganelon: So you want me to throw a bomb in the hole as it closes?
Frezak (GM): YES
DO THAT
Ganelon: Okay. I do that.
Gaurav: I guess it'd be like if somebody in Hinduism set up a cult to worship Narada. It could happen, it'd just be very weird.
Before I go: so we're not meeting on Saturdays any more? Should we make this Tuesday slot regular?
Apheori (GM): A tentacle whips out of the hole and grabs the bomb before pulling back in as the entire dark stain disappears.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, I like tuesdays
"THANKS FOR THE BOMB"
Ganelon: It is timed to explode.
Gaurav: This hole isn't taking any of your shit. Or giant, earth-shattering kabooms.
Greibel: Huh...misjudged that one too
Frezak (GM): DELICIOUS.
BOMBS. EXPLODES IN YOUR MOUTH. OR TENTACLES.
Apheori (GM): Tuesdays are totally good. Unless I get a job.
So you all just lost Rhu and you're standing in a vacant lot.
Gaurav: We can reschedule when that happens. I suspect all these plans are month-to-month anyway.
Apheori (GM): You can sort of feel the power. You can sort of see the life feeding the adminitedly not very impressive weeds.
Gaurav: Okay, I'm going to leave for class early and be on time for once. Have fun, and see you all next Tuesday!
Frezak (GM): Is... Rhu weed-food now?
Apheori (GM): Rhu is just gone. You don't know what happened.
Ganelon: He might have died in a fiery explosion instead.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Ganelon: (actually they're not that powerful)
Frezak (GM): Roll bomb damage!
Apheori (GM): The tentacles were certainly not like anything in the previous hole.
And there was the bomb...
Greibel pounds fists on the ground where the hole was
Gaurav: You could do an untrained religion check and ask Hazz'ridan
Apheori (GM): Mysteries.
Greibel: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Gaurav: byeeeeeeee
Apheori (GM): Bye.
Ganelon: See ya.
Bear Soup Guy: Bye
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The ground is oddly soft. Like something has been recently planted.
Frezak (GM): RHUBARB
Apheori (GM): >.>
Bear Soup Guy: AHAHAHAHAHAH
Oh man, I almost missed that
Greibel: Well, if there's any bright side to this, it's that he's probably sitting in a tree in a parking lot in some other dimension
The Gravedigger: Doesn't sound too bright.
AS sides go, sounds pretty dim.
Well, we might as well go check out the address from the witch. At least we don't have any other god-worshippers to lose.
I hate this mission.
You know I signed up to kill things and bury them?
Two guys down already.
Radek: Both lost to holes, no less.
The Gravedigger: Don't think it counts as a hole when It's /full/ of acidic tentacles.
And Azri was eaten by a tunnel, technically.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Give me a nature check.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12
(
14
)
+12
=
26
Apheori (GM): There's something down there. Beneath the bare earth. Something that should have sprouted but didn't. A seed.
Also the weeds are growing way too quickly around the edges of the lot.
Not so much closer to the center.
Frezak (GM): BENEATH THE EARTH, YOU SAY.
Apheori (GM): MAGIC.
Radek: HRM
Greibel: Gravy! Bring your shovel!
Hole time!
The Gravedigger: HOOOOOLE TIME
Greibel: There's some kind of seed down there. Seems like it'd be important....somehow
Frezak (GM): BEGIN DIGGING
Apheori (GM): YOU DIG.
Frezak (GM): I dig like the best.
Because I AM the best.
Apheori (GM): You dig a few feet down and hit metal.
Radek: .Well, you haven't killed anyone, but at least you're digging holes.
Frezak (GM): I will dig around the metal.
Like a good digsman.
Apheori (GM): It turns out to be a large rounded cone, a bit more than a meter across...
Frezak (GM): LIke a rocket head?
"nose" ?
Greibel: Like that weird thing in the third or fourth episode of Fringe?
Err
Bear Soup Guy: OOC
Greibel would totally watch Fringe though
Frezak (GM): No, that sounds fine IC for Greibel :P
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Apheori (GM): Kind of like that, but then it ends. It's just a cone, a but rounded.
bit
Frezak (GM): I'll ask Radek what he thinks about it.
Apheori (GM): I don't remember the thing.
The Gravedigger: Radek! Found... something.
Radek: Something?
The Gravedigger: Big metal cone thing?
If Greibel thinks it's a.. seed of some kind, that's actually pretty worrying.
Greibel: Maybe the seed is in the cone, smart guy
Radek: Let me have a look.
Ganelon: What can he discern about it?
Apheori (GM): Radek: It looks exactly like a rocket cone, like the modules used in some of the very first Artiilie space craft...
It's the sort of ancient history that most folks ain't even taught anymore.
Radek: This is definitely a rocket. Or... was.
Unbelievably old model.
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Think it got Hole'd here or was built locally?
Radek: Impossible to say.
The Gravedigger: think we should crack it open?
Radek: Well, it's not the explosive kind, so it couldn't hurt.
Frezak (GM): Our weapons are unbreakable, right?
Apheori (GM): No.
Radek: I would love to see what's inside, myself.
Frezak (GM): Damn.
Apheori (GM): I mean, they're mostly unbreakable, but if you do really crazy stuff with them...
Frezak (GM): Hack metal?
Apheori (GM): Depends on the metal.
Frezak (GM): This metal?
It's not ultratungestensteel is it?
Apheori (GM): I don't know. Can you tell what it is?
Frezak (GM): Wellll.
I did make my own shovels.
Ganelon: Our stuff is *newer*, that's for sure.
Frezak (GM): So i know SOME smithing/metallurgy.
Does it have rivets?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
It looks like it's safe.
HAVE AT IT or don't.
Frezak (GM): I'll try and shear them off with my battletrowel.
(handaxe)
Apheori (GM): You start to do that and notice something of an indentation - a seam around what might be a door.
You can either continue dismantlement or try to get Radek to open properly.
Frezak (GM): Gravy has no issues with asking Radek.
The Gravedigger: Looks like a.. door? Panel?
Ideas how to open it, Mr.Scienceman?
Ganelon: Well... is this thing powered?
Apheori (GM): It's cold and off.
Also mechanical.
Ganelon: Then the most he could do is tell Gravy where to apply force.
Frezak (GM): I can direct an edge into the seams, then.
Ganelon: Go for it.
Frezak (GM): I'll do it.
Apheori (GM): You pop the door open and it swings up, revealing not the dark interior of the cone, but a flood of blank sand that spills over your feet.
Frezak (GM): EVADE SAND
Apheori (GM): You wind up on top of the cone.
...looking utterly silly.
Frezak (GM): on top?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): Not... jumping back?
Apheori (GM): The sand is all around it.
In the hole.
Frezak (GM): What hole?
Apheori (GM): You found it several feet in the ground.
In the hole that you dug.
Did you pull it out out when I wasn't....
I dunno.
Frezak (GM): So that's too far to jump out?
Whatever.
I will examine the sand.
Apheori (GM): It looks weird. Slightly transparent, and rounded. But heavy like normal sand.
The Gravedigger: Hey, guys. What IS this?
Apheori (GM): Also there are some bones in it.
Small bones.
Frezak (GM): Nature to identify bones of what?
Apheori (GM): Like a dog or medium bird or something.
Ganelon: What, like marbles?
Apheori (GM): Very small marbles.
Sand-grain-sized.
Frezak (GM): Like... silicon dust?
Apheori (GM): But rounded.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Again, can I get a more precise idea of what died in there?
Apheori (GM): Do you want to dig and find the rest?
Frezak (GM): Rest of what?
The 'rocket' ?
Apheori (GM): Identifiable bones.
Radek: Interesting.
Apheori (GM): They're just some random ones. Scattered in the sand.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, i'll gather bones.
Because I know bones.
That's a thing I know.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): SANDWURM
Apheori (GM): You find some more and realise it's a cat.
Or was.
Frezak (GM): Aw.
Apheori (GM): Also the sand feels funny.
Rubbery almost.
Frezak (GM): What can we do to identify the sand?
Apheori (GM): I don't know.
Frezak (GM): >.>
Apheori (GM): Roll a thingy!
Bear Soup Guy: I should probably leave soon
Frezak (GM): Uhhh.
I have... Nature and perception.
BSG!
Bear Soup Guy: ROLL FOR SAND IDENTIFICATION
USE YOUR SAND VISION
Frezak (GM): ROLL FOR SAND
i'll identify their molecular structure!
rolling 1D20+20
(
4
)
+20
=
24
MAGIC EYES
Crud.
Bear Soup Guy: Does insight identify sand?
Frezak (GM): Reveal it's motives!
Bear Soup Guy: Or perception
SAND MOTIVES
Apheori (GM): It reminds you of packing material.
Frezak (GM): Can Radek roll science knowledge?
Ganelon: Good question.
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Frezak (GM): I think it might have been some kind of shock absorbtion material.
And there was too much.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
16
)
+11
=
27
Frezak (GM): And the cat suffocated.
Apheori (GM): Gan: It's magic sand.
MAGIC SAND.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC SAND
WHOOOO
Yeah yeah magic saaaand
Radek: Magical sand, here.
Ganelon: Can I...
Can I "dig" through it by disenchanting it?
Frezak (GM): HAH
Apheori (GM): Dude, you totally can.
Ganelon: YES!
Frezak (GM): DAMN YOU RADEK
Bear Soup Guy: ANTI-SAND
Radek: Would you like to see how a wizard digs, friend?
Radek grins wickedly.
Frezak (GM): FUCK YOU GAN
Ganelon: It's not bombs, I swear.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: So the cool thing about artificers is that I can do the disenchant ritual without expending components.
Meaning it doesn't take magic to break magic. For me.
Frezak (GM): So you take the magic from the sand. What about the sand?
It just.... vanishes?
Ganelon: "When you finish performing this ritual, you touch a magic item and destroy it, turning it into a quantity of residuum valued at (whatever fraction) of the item's price."
Frezak (GM): Huh.
So now you have a pile of magic?
Ganelon: All the matter disappears, leaving very useful magic dust behind.
Frezak (GM): residuuuuum
So you turn sand into dust.
GOOD JOB
Ganelon: Yeah, but a lot less dust.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: Also this'll take me an hour to do.
Frezak (GM): AN HOUR?
Ganelon: Yeah. You can shift it around with your shovel all you like in the meantime.
But regardless, it's turning to dust at the end.
Frezak (GM): This is exactly the sort of crap Gravy gets paid NOT TO DO.
Ganelon: Our lovely DM must also decide how much gold's worth of magic dust I get from this.
Frezak (GM): People don't pay for him to wave his hand and make a hole.
They expect WORK.
Ganelon: Keeping in mind that I can actually enchant stuff with that much to make... better stuff.
Frezak (GM): EFFORT.
How much do you have right now?
Ganelon: (Basically residuum is as good as gold for us. I turn it into magic items or do rituals with it)
Apheori (GM): Perhaps this would be a good time to call it a session.
Ganelon: Sure.
Apheori (GM): And we can sort out the amount then.
Ganelon: I have very little. 37 worth.
Apheori (GM): And Gravy can throw a fit in the meantime.
Frezak (GM): He's very upset.
Ganelon: Ah, don't worry.
Frezak (GM): He's gonna bury the cat bones.
Or possibly bury Radek in magic sand.
Ganelon: Later I can be like "Look, I'm sorry for pushing into your territory like that, but if it makes you feel any better, I enchanted your shovel."
"It obliterates foliage on command."
"So you can get straight to the dirt."
Frezak (GM): Hah!
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: That actually is a real weapon enchantment.
Frezak (GM): Exfoliator!
For Topiary Spiders.
Ganelon: Huge bonuses against plant-like monsters and some power to destroy tall grass and... plants, I guess.
Bear Soup Guy: O_O
Apheori (GM): Poor Greibel.
Bear Soup Guy: Aw
Poor tummy
I need to make some food
Frezak (GM): It's powerful leverage.
DO WHAT I SAY OR I OBLITERATE ALL WEED WITHIN A 3X3 RADIUS.
Apheori (GM): Well, I need to go get dressed.
Ganelon: It would be an amusing, if expensive, way for Radek to show his distaste for nature.
Apheori (GM): Eek.
Ganelon: Yep. Ask Frezak or I about... loot stuff.
When it's convenient.
Apheori (GM): Good.
Frezak (GM): OR
Apheori (GM): I will.
Frezak (GM): Just give us TONS of magic dust.
Apheori (GM): Tons of sand didn't even come out.
At least I doubt it. I don't know the density of sand.
Ganelon: Well, magic density is different from matter density.
Apheori (GM): MATTER DENSITY IS IMPORTANT.
Ganelon: A +6 dagger is...
Bear Soup Guy: Does magic /have/ density?
Apheori (GM): You can only attach so much magic to an amount ofm ater.
Matter.
Otherwise it's not attached.
And it wanders off randomly.
And nobody likes that.
Ganelon: A +6 dagger contains, no joke, the same amount of magic as 3125 +1 daggers.
D&D is crazy like that.
Apheori (GM): Very.
But it's still attached.
Ganelon: Mind you, if you're using +6 weapons, you're getting close to fighting gods.
Apheori (GM): Depends on the gods.
Some of them you could probably take down with a brick, here...
Ganelon: I dunno, I've had trouble with brick attacks in the past.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay well
I am make good
food*
Bye guys!
Ganelon: See ya!
Apheori (GM): Right, toodles.
See yas.
Ganelon: Just catch me on skype at some point and I'll quote you the DM guide's idea of loot distribution.
It's actually not that complicated.
That said, this isn't a normal campaign so I don't expect us to be following it closely anyways.
Frezak (GM): it's in the Dungeon master's Guide
Ganelon: It's probably easier to ask me.

Session 11

Apheori (GM): HI.
Ganelon: Hello.
Apheori (GM): YOU ALL ARE IN A VACANT LOT. RHU DISAPPEARED, GRAVY DUG A HOLE, AND YOU FOUND A CONE.
What am I missing?
Gaurav: ... an ice-cream cone?
Finally, some treasure.
Apheori (GM): Strange dark sand and a cat skeleton were in the cone, and Radek is now disenchanting it.
Also Rhu just fell out of the air behind Greibel.
Ganelon: Well, I'm disenchanting the sand.
Rhu falls out of the air and lands flat on his face
Ganelon: The cone was from an old, old rocket.
Gaurav: Is this vacant lot sandy or soily or grassy or dusty? I forget.
Apheori (GM): There is a winged cat sitting on Rhu.
It's grassy and dusty and has some random junk and weeds.
Ellemerr: Oooh. That's probably my cue to NOT come on.
Apheori (GM): You don't like winged cats?
Ellemerr: I love winged cats.
Apheori (GM): Good!
Wait...
Oh, whatever. Do whatever you feel like.
Ellemerr: I will.
Gaurav: It's worth mentioning that the winged cat is, like, 2-3 ft tall at the shoulder. This isn't an adorable little furball.
(From Ellemerr): Unless you have something that I *ought* to do. For plot or whatnot.
Rhu: Oof.
(From Ellemerr): If I do come on, though, I assume either the Cat or I will notice one another. Or both.
(From Ellemerr): Recognize. I mean.
Greibel looks around
Greibel: Guys! I found the winged cat!
(To Ellemerr): Cat probably won't. It's not terribly smart, or at least not very aware. You might, but... you can do whatever.
Radek: Shut up and let me work.
(To Ellemerr): Basically it just followed Rhu out of the City of Death.
(From Ellemerr): Well, damn. Poor Rhu.
Gaurav: Would it be possible to put the cone down on the map? I'd like to see where Greibel is relative to Radek and Gravy in the hole and me on my face.
(To Ellemerr): Wait, was there a winged cat earlier? Why did he say 'the'?
(To Ellemerr): Oh crap. >.>
Ganelon: Spatial relations?
You've just gotta use your spatial imaginations, man.
Apheori (GM): Something like that.
Gaurav: Thanks!
Apheori (GM): Maybe not so far away.
Basically Greibel was just off to the side.
Rhu opens one eye, sees Greibel.
Rhu blinks, then closes his eyes again and rests his weary head on the ground for a moment.
Greibel waves at Rhu
Rhu: (eyes still closed, to Greibel) ... so on the plus side, Hazz'ridan says he'll help us find a solution to this hole trouble we're having. On the minus side, I don't think he knows how.
(To Rhu): The world crashed back. All the exhaustion, the confusion, the time spent outside of time sits on your butt like the weight of the world.
(To Rhu): Wait, no, that's a cat.
(From Rhu): A sphinx! Waaaaaaay cooler.
(From Rhu): and unfortunately heavier
Rhu opens his eyes an inch again
Ganelon: Given how rituals generally involve concentrated chanting, don't expect any contribution until Radek gets done.
Apheori (GM): Don't insult Hazz!
Rhu: (to Greibel) Well, you're still there. That's progress, I guess.
Apheori (GM): Or do, but...
Apheori (GM) starts cackling.
Greibel: Hazz sounds a little confused for a God
Amadi: Psh. Not hardly.
Amadi rolls her eyes at Griebel and yawns.
Rhu looks at Greibel, wondering if it's worth engaging with him on the off chance that he turns into a tentacle.
Gaurav: So where's Amadi relative to us?
Apheori (GM): I'd say floating three feet in the air...
Ellemerr: YES
Behind you.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Ellemerr: Three feet behind. And three up.
Gaurav: oh good. Rhu doesn't see her yet.
Rhu starts to rise, which is when he notices that a large winged cat is sitting on his butt
Rhu: (to cat) Excuse me.
(To Ellemerr): Also for Amadi, Hazz is very large, and in many places, like a big mass with tentacles sticking into different universes. She needn't say anything about that, but just for reference in case I never mentioned it.
A sphinx: Storiessss.
Greibel: Huh...
Ganelon: "Excuse me" has never once in all of recorded history been enough to move a cat from its resting position, has it?
Apheori (GM): The cat's a sphinx.
Rhu: I'd say you're getting to live out a pretty exciting story, but I'll be glad to tell you another one if you'll ... *makes a get-off-my-butt motion*
Apheori (GM): Right, never.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: Not when they're sleepy, but an awake cat is glad to be politely asked for things.
The sphinx moves up Rhu's back and settles on his head.
Rhu: ...
Ganelon: Yeah, this is an accurate depiction of a cat for sure.
Rhu tucks his feet under him, then reaches up to steady the sphinx while getting to his feet, cat and all.
Greibel claps in appreciation of Rhu's difficult task
The sphinx digs in its claws.
Rhu pauses midrise with a pained look on his face
Rhu continues standing up. He is now standing up with a sphinx balanced precariously with one foot on his shoulder and the rest on his head.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Finish whenever you feel like and roll something for me pretty please.
Rhu: ... I don't suppose you're comfortable up there.
Amadi blinks a little, nods her head sleepily and disappears again.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Rhu: d20s please
Rhu: (to Greibel) He's from the City of the Death. He followed me here. Can we keep him?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Rhu: Dead*
rolling d20
(
13
)
=
13
Greibel: No reason I should have a pet if you can't
Amadi: You don't - don't keep...
Ganelon: Something?
A d20?
Greibel nuzzles Rasputin
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Amadi yawns again. She's standing on solid ground this time.
Amadi: It keeps you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
4
)
=
4
Daaaamn.
The sphinx jumps down and walks up to Amadi.
Greibel makes mock ghost noises and waves his arms around at Amadi's insinuation
Rhu heard that. He whirls around -- luckily, seconds after the sphinx jumped out -- and then looks at Amadi like he's never seen her before.
Rhu: You -- you were -- in the other place.
Apheori (GM): You got 372g worth of dust. If that's reasonable.
Ganelon: 'Tis.
Amadi: No no. That wasn't me.
Ganelon: Thank you.
Amadi shakes her head groggily.
Frezak (GM): What Sphinx?
The sphinx rubs against Amadi's legs.
Rhu squints as if he's trying to remember something
Gaurav: FREZAK!
Ellemerr: Rhu fell out of the sky with a sphinx.
Gaurav: hullo
Apheori (GM): Rhu just fell out of the sky with a sphinx on his butt.
Bah, too slow.
Gaurav: Apheori: you make him (her?) sound like a fashion accessory
Amadi gives the sphinx a reproachful look. "Why did you wake me? I liked that dream."
Frezak (GM): Gravy will shrug and get back to burying the cat bones.
Radek: Rocket's clear, guys- is that Rhu?
Rhu: Oh, hey, Radek. *waves*
The sphinx: Dreams are storieessss.
Amadi: No, it's Jem.
Oh, THAT guy.
No, that's not Rhu either.
Radek: I thought you were devoured. And possibly exploded.
Rhu: He needs a name. Unless he's a she. In which case she needs a name.
Amadi: This cheeky bastard woke me for breakfast!
The Gravedigger: You owe me some rope.
The sphinx hisses at Gravy.
Rhu: I fell onto a beach. Then things went weird for a long while. There was the bit with the tentacles, and then the city of the dead and ... Kyral? Kurul? Something?
Then she showed up *points at Amadi*
The sphinx: KYRULE!
The Gravedigger gives the sphinx a blank stare.
The sphinx cowers away.
Rhu snaps his finger
The sphinx hisses.
Rhu: That's the one. Thank you, sphinx. Do you have a name?
The sphinx: No namess.
Amadi scratches the spinx absent-mindedly behind the ears.
The sphinx: Names eaten. Devoured.
Rhu: (actually, make that "large cat", since Rhu doesn't know what he's called yet)
The Gravedigger: What a bout a title?
Nick-name?
Serial number?
Rhu: Devourer is a nice name for a cat.
The Gravedigger: Rank?
The sphinx: Sphinxess.
The Gravedigger: Devourer sounds a bit ominous, given all the holes.
The sphinx: They call us that. The devoured. The eaten.
Rhu: Sphinx is also a nice name for a cat.
The Gravedigger: If an eaten thing calls you something.... sounds like shit talking.
Ganelon: Do any of us know about sphinxes?
Frezak (GM): BADUM TSSSSH
The sphinx: And the storiesss. Gone.
Greibel: How about...Lardball ^_^
Rhu: Are you kidding, it's an adorable name! "Devourer". I wonder if he hunts mice.
Apheori (GM): Amadi might!
But... uh.. no.
Amadi: Yeah... I guess you must be hungry. 'Twas still not nice to wake me.
Frezak (GM): Wait, you got two breakfasts?
Rhu: (then, looking worried) Actually, the mysterious woman said they eat ... elves, I guess? So we should probably keep an eye on him ... or her?
Rhu attempts to determine if the sphinx is male or female
The sphinx: Eats stories.
Hungry.
Amadi nods.
Amadi: So very hungry.
Greibel: Does anybody know a good story?
Rhu:
rolling d20+7 nature check
(
12
)
+7
=
19
Apheori (GM): The sphinx appears to be genderless.
Rhu: Oh, right, you said. Hmm. Have you heard about the Great War?
Frezak (GM): THE GREAT WAR
Gaurav: Was that Gravy?
The sphinx: So many...
Frezak (GM): No, that was me.
The Gravedigger: I know some stories. If I tell one, do I get it back?
The sphinx: Back?
The Gravedigger: Because i'm not going to lose a story for some cat.
Greibel nudges Gravy "Tell a story you never liked in the first place."
The sphinx: No back. Never a back. Can't go back.
Amadi sits down just a few centimetres off the ground and picks up the sphinx to put it in her lap.
The Gravedigger: I don't remember any stories I didn't like.
That would be silly.
I remember the good ones.
The sphinx sticks its face in Amadi's face.
Radek: Once upon a time.
The sphinx whirls around and stares at Radek.
The Gravedigger: What.
Radek: A genius scientist invented something new, as part of one of his experiments.
The Gravedigger: There was a mummy diode and a daddy diode.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Amadi rolls her eyes and pushes the cat's face away, taking up scratching its chin again. "Yeah yeah. Hungry," she mutters, slightly less sullen.
Gaurav: Damnit. Now I need to hear the story of the diodes.
The sphinx looks back between Radek and Gravy.
Radek: He had been speaking to a strange creature which called itself a sphinx, and claimed to eat stories, but had no way of telling if it was true.
So he invented one, and fed it to the sphinx.
The Gravedigger: The diodes wanted a baby.
Ganelon: Do I need to declare an end?
The Gravedigger: But they couldn't have one because they were diodes.
So they hatched a plan instead.
Ellemerr: Yes. When a story starts with "Once upon a time" it needs an end.
"The end." should suffice.
The sphinx hiss-barks at Radek.
Rhu meanwhile wanders over to the hole to see what is going on there.
Gaurav: Is the cat skeleton still visible?
Radek: The end.
Apheori (GM): Gravy buried it.
Frezak (GM): WITH GREAT SKILL
Gaurav: Phew.
Rhu examines the now-empty cone in the sand.
Rhu:
rolling d20+12 perception check on the cone
(
4
)
+12
=
16
The sphinx puts its ears back, then stares hungrily at Gravy.
The sphinx: Story.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: I thought "Once upon a time ..." needs to end with "... and he/they lived happily ever after"?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's an old metal cone. It was probably important. You don't know why.
The Gravedigger: I'm not going to tell the whole thing. You have to savour it.
Ellemerr: That is another good one, yeah.
Ganelon: Radek couldn't honestly claim that he would live happily ever after.
The sphinx hisses.
The Gravedigger: Just guzzling a story down is rude to the story.
Greibel: And you could get indigestion or stomach cramps.
The Gravedigger: Yeah.
That too.
The sphinx looks confuses, relaxes slightly, then curls up on Amadi's lap and starts licking a wing.
Frezak (GM): IT WORKED.
HOW DID THAT WORK.
I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO FIGHT A FLYING CAT
Radek: I thought cats were supposed to be capable of fending for themselves.
The Gravedigger: Maybe winged talking cats are different?
Amadi looks up at the others. "You know you have to keep doing this regularly, right? Or it might start actually eating elves. Or it'll just keep dragging me out of my dreams, and you wouldn't like THAT, either."
Radek: Who ever heard of one that needs to convince us to tell it stories?
Greibel: Wait a minute.
All we need is some books on tape
Rhu: Literally indigestion is a lovely idea.
Apheori (GM): Sorry, Frezak. This cat is a bit... off.
Frezak (GM): Past it's sell-by date?
Rhu: I wonder if it can hunt stories? How would you stalk a tale?
The Gravedigger: Possibly with pens.
Rhu: (to Amadi) these dreams of yours ... they wouldn't involve ... tentacles, would they?
Er, I mean
Or beaches? Or sundresses?
The Gravedigger: Tentacles and sundresses? I thought you were a holy man.
Amadi: Or moons, or bunnies.
You talked with Hazz. I'm not telling you pennies.
Rhu: I ... it's a long story. And unfortunately, Devourer knows most of it, so we can't use it to feed him. Her. It.
(to Amadi) I am not familiar with that expression. How would you ... tell me pennies?
Amadi: Penny for a tale?
Rhu is confused, then checks for a penny
Frezak (GM): EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gaurav: ... which gives him a chance to see if all his items are there, and maybe see if another rock has mysteriously slipped into his pocket?
Frezak (GM): I'lllll tell you a tale for a penny.
One you cannot hear anywhere else!
No, not anywhere else.
Gaurav: Save it for Devourer!
Frezak (GM): I heard it from a birdy
It doesn't end purdy
It doesn't end well.
No.
It never ends well.
Ellemerr: Sorry. I should've anticipated this. :P
Frezak (GM): Sadly Gravy won't know that song :P
Ellemerr: anticipated.
... Is that right?
Frezak (GM): Yes?
Radek: Yes.
Ellemerr: Kay. Thanks.
Ganelon: OOC yes.
Apheori (GM): Rhu has the usual pile, a small tentacle stuck in one pocket, and that other rock the not Amadi gave him.
Rhu starts to throw the tentacle away, then thinks better of it and puts it back into his pocket.
Frezak (GM): Ew
Amadi: That wasn't me, you know. Nope. That was someone else. Someone later. Earlier? Someone. Not me at all.
Ganelon: I'd like to go check out this excavated rocket.
The sphinx: You.
Amadi: Nope. Not me.
Now shush.
The sphinx: Wasn't you.
Amadi rubs the sphinx's belly.
Apheori (GM): The rocket!
The Gravedigger: So... you learnt anything useful, Rhu?
Apheori (GM): It's full of jiggits.
Ganelon: Of what?
Rhu looks at Amadi suspiciously
Apheori (GM): Contraptiony thingies.
Ganelon: Oh.
Apheori (GM): Controls and jiggits.
Rhu: Oh? Er, nope. I have a feeling that it might be important, but, uh, I usually do, don't I.
Apheori (GM): Whatchamajiggits.
The Gravedigger: Dammit.
ONE DAY WE WILL MAKE PROGRESS.
Rhu: Do you want to take this cone with us? We could bring CAR and load it in. Why we would want to take it back to the hole or the commune is beyond me, though.
Amadi: One day you will bury the moon!
Ganelon: Well, in order of importance, can I find out:
- If there's anything sitting around down here other than controls and jiggits?
- What may be keeping the thing from being powered?
- Where/how empty the fuel supply is?
Rhu, it's big enough to climb inside.
Frezak (GM): I thought it was just the nose?
Rhu: Oh? (looks back at the cone) It looks so small from up here.
Frezak (GM): I thought it was cat-sized >.>
Ganelon: Am I wrong?
I thought this was a spacefaring vessel.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it seems to just be the nose (a sort of landing module?)...
It's about big enough for one person, and there are some odds and ends, bit it's hard to tell what they are. Scraps of cloth (or worse, cat)? Controls that fell off? A coffee mug?
Ganelon: Undamaged!?
Frezak (GM): MAGIC MUG
Apheori (GM): So yeah, you could stuff Rhu in.
Apheori (GM): Roll a thing to tell power.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
4
)
+10
=
14
Apheori (GM): It's a it dented, rusted, and crap, but no obvious damage.
Ganelon: Bluh.
Rhu disapproves of being stuffed into a landing craft
Apheori (GM): You don't see any signs of the power source.
Ganelon: Aw. If it was a pristine coffee mug, I'd totes loot that.
Frezak (GM): But we found it pointing up, right?
Can we check the dirt for.... space dust?
To see whether it was snatched from space or a planet?
Because the former would be a very bad thing.
Ganelon: I want to get at the fuel supply. From the inside, that could probably be quite difficult.
But if there's fuel, well... fuel's combustible.
Apheori (GM): The mug is chipped.
Frezak (GM): NOOOOOO
THE MUUUUUUG
Apheori (GM): Frezak: ROLL A DIRT CHECK.
Ganelon: Actually, I can magic it whole.
So I WILL take the mug.
Frezak (GM): I'll turn on my badass power.
rolling 1D20+20
(
16
)
+20
=
36
X-RAY EYES ENGAAAAGE
Apheori (GM): And yeah, it's pointing up, and yeah, Radek would fit inside this.
Gaurav: "snatched from space or a planet"? If it's nose-up, it might be a landing craft with a heat shield on the lower side which was ejected before it landed.
Ganelon: Is thing small enough to pull out of the dirt completely?
Gaurav: We've pulled a zombie below under CAR. I think we can probably use it as a crane. Maybe.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You discover that it WAS snatched. The sand that was in it was the remains of what it had been sitting in, presumably some vast desert of a sort you'd not seen before. It'd be very hard to dig in.
Gaurav: ... doesn't anybody here have lift-objects magic powers?
Ganelon: I don't have lifting powers, no.
Gaurav: Griebel could turn into a flock of ants and dig it out.
Frezak (GM): I have powers to make the earth roil.
The Gravedigger: This. Was desert sand.
Radek: Gravy, could you turn this thing around? I want to get at the back.
Frezak (GM): Can I?
Apheori (GM): How strong are you?
Frezak (GM): I have 18 str.
So....
Apheori (GM): You know what? Roll a thing.
Frezak (GM): I could break Arnie's arm.
rolling 1D20+5
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Str check.
GODDAM
WHY DO I ALWAYS FAIL STR
Apheori (GM): Ahahah.
Frezak (GM): My third Str check.
My third 1 on str.
Gorram.
Bear Soup Guy: noodle arms
Gaurav: Arnie the action figure?
Radek: Er...
Frezak (GM): Gravy is really perplexed.
Gaurav: The one recalled for having easily breakable arms?
Radek: Never mind.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You fail to turn the thing and nearly impale your face on it.
Radek: Forget I asked.
Frezak (GM): Gravy just flaps his arms like that super amazing inflatable waving arm noddle man
Apheori (GM): In doing so, however, you notice something else - under the pattern of rust and stuff, the metal looks corroded, like with acid...
The Gravedigger: THe metal looks... melty.
Burnt. Eaten.
The porridge flops off Greibel's shoulder and bounces over to the sphinx.
Ganelon: I'll inspect the corrosion.
Apheori (GM): SCIENCE.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+10
(
15
)
+10
=
25
Greibel: I'll smoke a plant!
The sphinx stares down the porridge.
The porridge stares down the sphinx.
Amadi untangles the hand that isn't scratching the sphinx and reaches out to pet the porridge.
(To Amadi): When he smokes the plant, you feel kind of funny.
Gaurav: ... how does an eye-less porridge stare down a sphinx
Apheori (GM): IT JUST DOES.
Ganelon: It loses the stare-down.
That's how.
Bear Soup Guy: It wrinkles its porridge skin like eyebrows
Gaurav: Two eye-sized clumps of dry porridge appear on its surface, then move slowly together.
hahaha porridge eyebrows YES
Apheori (GM): Gan: The corrosion was done over quite some time, as though by plants or something else wrapping around it.
Frezak (GM): Oh dear.
Apheori (GM): Trying to eat it.
(From Amadi): Don't I always feel sort of funny?
Radek: This is corrosion, and it didn't happen all at once.
(To Amadi): Probably, but this is a different sort.
Bear Soup Guy: if I were any good at visual arts I'd totally draw the porridge staring at stuff
(To Amadi): For a moment.
(To Amadi): At least.
Radek: The plants in this area might be carnivorous.
(From Amadi): Riiiight xD
Greibel: That's unsettling
Frezak (GM): What about the acidic tentacles that ate my rope?
(To Amadi): >.>
The Gravedigger: What about the acidic tentacles that ate my rope?
Rhu glances at Radek, then does a double-take, then quickly inspects the plants in this vacant lot with a wary eye.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20 nature check some random plants
(
12
)
=
12
err
The Gravedigger: That's a point.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12 nature check some random plants
(
6
)
+12
=
18
The Gravedigger: WHy weren't you all melted, Rhu?
Amadi goes stiff for a moment (probably completely unnoticed), then suddenly dumps the sphinx and strides over to Greibel, staring intently on his... weed-thingy.
The porridge refuses to back down in light of the sphinx.
The porridge bounces away.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You find some useful herbs.
Rhu: (looking confused) I ... landed on a beach? I don't know. The water looked kind of icky.
Bear Soup Guy: heh heh
The Gravedigger: Hmm.
Rhu suddenly realizes something
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Nothing very dangerous unless you make a potion first, though.
If you even can, I dunno.
Gaurav: Hey, i forgot to ask: was the beach Rhu landed on similar enough to the one we saw through the hole using Radek's eye-robot?
Bear Soup Guy: Probably can't
The sphinx lands in an ungainly pile and swipes a pawful of claws at Amadi, then skulks off away from the porridge.
Rhu: (to Devourer) Hey! You okay?
The sphinx: Radek saw something tropical-like.
Apheori (GM): Er, wrong character.
Rhu: You did not see it.
Only Radek did, and he told you.
Gaurav: But Radek did actually see it? It wasn't just described to him by the robot?
Apheori (GM): Ask Radek.
Ganelon: Well, it's a magic robot.
Rhu: The beach I landed on ... you said there was a beach on the other side of the portal, right? Full of holes, you said?
Radek: Just one large hole.
Rhu: The portal through the hole in pool by the tree with the little tree on it.
Hmm. There weren't any holes on the beach I landed. What was the water like?
Ganelon: I don't think I specifically asked about that at the time. What was it like?
Apheori (GM): Blue and tropical and pretty-like.
Rhu: The sea I landed beside was black and oily. And strangely calm, like there weren't any waves on this sea.
Amadi looses interest in Greibel and turns away to look for the porridge.
Radek: It was unremarkable.
The sort of thing you might see on a vapid postcard. "Good tidings from the beach next to this horrid space-warping rift!"
"Wish you were here!"
Amadi: (over her shoulder) ... You should sell that one.
Rhu giggles
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You find the porridge on the sphinx. Apparently they worked out their differences and the sphinx is now wearing the porridge as a hat.
Rhu: Different beach, then. Still, all these beaches ... it's a pretty strange coincidence.
Amadi: Aaaw, look at you!
Radek: Maybe the universe is simply taking revenge upon carefree vacationers.
Gaurav: That is adorable.
Amadi smiles at the two and attempt scratching them both at once with one hand.
Bear Soup Guy: ^_^
Radek: If so, I could hardly blame it.
(To Amadi): Something I forgot to mention - or did I mention that? Either way, there's something weird about Greibel's hands.
Amadi picks up the sphinx again, this time draping it around her neck as a scarf. Then she walks over to the thingmagog everyone seems so interested in, and the discussion of beaches.
(To Amadi): A black cone... the focus of terrible energies... poured out on the blank sands, the black sands...
Radek: So, these holes. Would you say they were similar to what we've seen already?
(From Amadi): They're black, yes? I think I remember reading about black hands. From the porridge?
Rhu realizes he's forgotten something, sits down and prays to Hazz'ridan with thanks for bringing him back to what appears to be some form of relatively stable reality.
Amadi: A black cone... the focus of terrible energies... poured out on the blank sands, the black sands...
(To Amadi): Yeah.
(To Amadi): You don't need to repeat it. XD
(To Amadi): But you can, of course.
(From Amadi): It was really appropriate. I thought. Mind you, I'm probably mad.
(To Rhu): The universe is broken.
Rhu: (nods as if he understands what Amadi is saying) A cone is a symbol of Hazz'ridan. The pointed end symbolizing the dead end at the end of all paths.
(To Amadi): Heh.
Rhu: I read that on the inte--
Rhu frowns.
(To Amadi): Ahahahah.
(From Amadi): See, that's what I said. Appropriate.
Radek: Yeah, well this is the nose of an Artiilie spacecraft.
Rhu: Yes, it does look that way. Maybe that's should be our first goal? Try to figure out where these holes go? Maybe there's one planet somewhere with nice beaches and crap beaches that all the holes end up in.
Amadi: Hazz is a meany. Next time you see him, tell him he can't have them, not on my life.
Rhu: I don't suppose Sarathi have beaches?
has*
Apheori (GM): It has beaches.
The rest of you can probably guess that, at least.
Rhu looks at Amadi, then looks vaguely skywards, indicates Amadi, and shrugs.
Amadi narrows her eyes at Rhu and harrumphs.
(To Amadi): Have what, my lady?
(From Amadi): Hm? Oh, nothing. The china. I think. China? Is there still a China? I liked China.
(To Amadi): You're on.
(From Amadi): Oh, bugger. I think I forgot my lines...
Rhu: A sort of Central Station for holes. A final terminus.
The Gravedigger: Isn't that HERE?
The sphinx wanders off.
The Gravedigger: Since we're finding all kinds of holes to various places tied to here.
We're in the junkyard of the universe.
Radek: There could very well be more holes elsewhere.
Amadi attempts picking the porridge off the spinx's head as it rises from her neck.
Rhu: There's only one permanent hole here. The only other one we've found has been temporary. Oh, and the one we got here through, I guess.
Gaurav: I wonder if Rasputin has a sense of smell.
The sphinx falls off in a clump, having forgotten it hadn't been on the ground.
Bear Soup Guy: He probably has a cute crinkly faux-nose sometimes ^_^
Amadi: Use your wings, silly.
Gaurav: 18 cute crinkly noses! :-P
The sphinx looks up at Amadi, confused.
The sphinx: Wingss?
Amadi: Yes. Flapping. Flying. Like this.
Amadi attempts flying. Nothing happens.
Amadi frowns.
The sphinx: The ground hungerrss.
The sphinx takes an experimental flap regardless.
The porridge wrinkles a nose for no apparent reason.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You realise you don't have wings. You also realise you COULD have winds and it'd be really easy to do. Then you realise you could have pretty much anything, including cake, if you wanted...
Amadi: I want cake. Does anyone else want cake?
Rhu nods
Radek: No.
Amadi: Awesome! Don't blame me if it tastes of blood.
Amadi makes cake.
Rhu: ...
Radek frowns intensely.
Rhu is suddenly not very hungry at all
Greibel: Is that like a blood pudding?
Frezak (GM): Is it chocolate? On a big glass plate?
(From Amadi): Did I just pick cake out of the blue?
Amadi: I don't know. You should try! What happened to your hands?
Apheori (GM): Amadi basically just pulled the cake out of the blue.
For clarification.
Amadi hands Greibel what appears to be cake.
Apheori (GM): Er, picked.
And pulled.
It's black and frosted.
Greibel: Hmmm
Works for me
Greibel takes a big bite out of the side of the cake
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Amadi: [sings] One side will make you bigger~
[sings] And the other side...
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
The sphinx: Smaaaaall.
Greibel: Well, that's creepy.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The cake is very sweet.
Frezak (GM): DEVILCAKE
Gaurav: We need to discuss taking food from spontaneously vanishing strangers with Greibel.
Ganelon: Yeah, he needs an intervention.
Rhu gets up
Amadi: I am not strange! I am -
Greibel: MMM!
Gaurav: Amadi: that was me, not Rhu! Rhu would never say such things, especially since he thinks Mrs. Teatime is pretty darn wise.
Amadi looks around confusedly, then mutters to herself (or possibly the porridge) "I'm perfectly normal."
Ellemerr: I'm perfectly aware.
The sphinx: The kind master. This one remembers. This one HUNGERSSS.
Ellemerr: She's saying this out of the blue.
Rhu: So we can't move the cone thing. I suppose in there, though. Should we go check out that note the strange woman handed Radek in the market?
Apheori (GM): Also you had that journal. In case you forgot. Which you apparently did.
The Gravedigger: Sure.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: damn. Amadi's one of those people who takes the glass out of the window pane on the fourth wall and then laughs when people walk into it, isn't she.
The porridge wiggles.
Ellemerr: Especially the laughing part, yes.
Gaurav: Rhu forgot about the journal, like, eight tentacles ago
(To Gaurav): She's not the only one.
Gaurav: But the stone-note thing is important.
Ellemerr: I sort of pity Rhu.
Rhu looks up at the sky and winks.
(To Gaurav): That was to you, not Rhu. >.<
Gaurav: Why? There's much to pity him for, but none of it's come up yet. He's reasonably happy. He seems particularly relaxed after the trip through the tentacles, actually. Not sure why.
Apheori (GM): Because he's an oblivious fruitcake?
Ganelon: That would be my next guess on where we're going next.
(From Gaurav): Oh, Amadi and Hazz are allowed to break the fourth wall but Rhu isn't? *winks*
Ellemerr: ... Now I want fruitcake.
I'm gonna produce fruitcake.
Apheori (GM): Also there's a guard standing in the entrance to the lot watching you. He doesn't seem to want to actually approach, though. He looks rather young.
Ellemerr: I HAVE MAGIC TOO
Rhu backs away from Amadi
Frezak (GM): I don't have much magic.
(To Gaurav): Rhu isn't a very powerful god. So... bno.
Frezak (GM): BUT I HAVE A SHOVEL.
Amadi: Now what! It's not like I had a lot of time to rehearse!
Amadi sighs.
(From Gaurav): ... yet. He's a young elf yet.
Gaurav: So: to the address on the note?
Frezak (GM): WHY NOT
Rhu: We should get a move on before ... (gestures vaguely at Devourer)
Gaurav: Gan? Greibel? Anything else you can think of doing in here? Whatever happened to all those nature checks Greibel was making?
Ganelon: I've got nothing else to do here.
Bear Soup Guy: I got USEFUL HERBS
Ellemerr: Moving on is probably wise.
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
INTO THE FUTURE
Ellemerr: I have no mad knowledge to help at this point.
Frezak (GM): OR TEATIME
WHICHEVER COMES FIRST
Gaurav: I guess we leave the vacant lot and head towards the address on the note, taking care to remember where this particular vacant lot is?
Apheori (GM): The guard is blocking the entrance to the lot. He seems to want to say something, but is unable to actually form the words.
What do you do?
Frezak (GM): Wave cheerfully.
Gaurav: I think we're going to have to kill him.
It's the only way.
Frezak (GM): GIVE HIM DRUGS
Greibel thrusts a piece of cake in the guard's direction
Greibel: HAVE SOME CAKE
Gaurav: ...
Amadi: Yes, do. There's words in it. You need words, yes?
Apheori (GM): He stares at the cake, takes it fearfully, and runs away.
Rhu: Hey! That was our blood cake!
Frezak (GM): Ungrateful bastard.
Amadi: Huh. He must've been more starved than he looked.
Greibel: It's okay, teatime can always make more
Apheori (GM): He was terrified of you What do you expect? XD
Amadi: Yes... there tends to be cake for tea, doesn't it...
Greibel: Or biscuits!
Amadi: I hope the words will do him good.
Frezak (GM): Oh, wait. It IS time for tea.
Greibel rubs his stomach cheerfully
Amadi: It's time for war! It's time for blood! It's - what time is it?
Rhu checks his watch
The sphinx runs part of the way after the guard, then stops randomly in front of a random guy going about his business. The guy nearly trips over the sphinx, does a double take, and makes a wide arc around it.
Rhu:
rolling d20+12 perception check on my wrist watch
(
4
)
+12
=
16
The Gravedigger: TIME FOR TEA.
Rhu: Devourer is totally harmless, dude.
The Gravedigger: Any tea with that cake?
I'm parched.
Apheori (GM): You have a wrist watch?
Er... it says it's some random time.
Amadi: No. The china was stolen. Possibly China too. Do you know China?
Rhu: At least it's still working.
The Gravedigger: Can't you just have it in a... jug?
Amadi gives Gravy a disgusted look. "Would you dig a ditch with a fork?"
The Gravedigger: Well, I might start.
Rhu: We usually get our spaceship to make us tea ...
The Gravedigger: If the dirt needed loosening.
Bear Soup Guy: RIP SHIP
The Gravedigger: I have a pick somewhere for that.
Radek: I have a mug.
The Gravedigger: Aha!
Tea is still on the cards!
Amadi: You're all mad. When were you going, again?
Radek: Of course, it's meant for coffee and somewhat damaged, but I won't be needing one.
A passing philosopger runs past, screaming about 'holes for eyes'.
Gaurav: If we're going to drink something, we should go into a teahouse or bar or something, so we can have a random encounter.
The sphinx wanders through some other random passerby on the street, randomly grinning at them.
Amadi yells after the philosopher, "Tell them he's watching!"
Rhu: (to Amadi) Who's watching?
The Gravedigger: AND THAT HE WANTS MORE HATS
A passing philosopger screams, flails, and dives into a doorway.
Amadi: The... hat-guy, apparantly. I really did think you were supposed to be elsewhere then. It was in the script, I could swear.
Rhu: They should tied mattresses on all the walls in this town. I imagine a lot of philosophers end up splattered against walls.
Rhu looks at Amadi a little suspiciously
Gaurav: TO THE MYSTERIOUS ADDRESS?
Apheori (GM): A few folks do look up at this, and watch the guy until he disappears. "Mushrooms," you hear one say, shaking her head.
Amadi: I forgot my lines. It's not my fault. They should've given me more time.
Amadi starts walking in a direction.
The sphinx trots after her.
Rhu starts walking after them
Greibel follows suit
Ganelon: ...I'm not following the crazies.
Rhu: I'm pretty sure the address is this way.
The gate we came in from is this way, and I think it was a few streets off from the market? If we can get back to the main gate, we should be able to find the market easy.
Ganelon: You're following Amadi.
Ellemerr: And he thinks she's going the right way?
Or is he saying this to turn her around?
Or is he suddenly going another way, not caring where she goes?
Rhu stops, looking around, confused now.
Gaurav: Nah, he was saying it to Radek. But he really does think she's headed in the right direction.
Apheori (GM): As a reminder, Amadi has your pets.
Gaurav: This is also true.
Ganelon: She doesn't have my robots!
Ellemerr: [sings while walking]
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you have just have some kind of mushroom
And your mind is movin' low...
Ganelon: I'm going to go ask for directions!
Ellemerr: Except Amadi does that too.
Rhu stops, turns around and follows Radek instead
Radek: Hmph. First sensible thing you've done all day.
Frezak (GM): I'm just going to plod behind Radek.
Ellemerr: Does Greibel keep following Amadi? This is very important.
Gaurav: he is pretty close to Rasputin. let us not split the party though.
Ellemerr: Aaaw, party-pooper...
Gaurav: on the other hand, i split the party last week and it was awesome
Ellemerr: Yeah, see? Solo adventures. They're great.
Greibel keeps following Amadi
Bear Soup Guy: Sorry, was afk for a minute
(From Ellemerr): The thing, of course, is that if it was anyone else following she would turn back because he has her key, but if he follows... So, what are your thoughts on party-splitting? I have no idea where Amadi's headed but I should go to bed in half or max a whole hour.
(To Ellemerr): I have no issue with it splitting so long as it doesn't get confusing.
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Okay, so chrome-covered Radek asks someone for directions, huge-arse Gravedigger behind him, while Amadi and Greibel wander off.
Amadi is still singing about chess and pills and mushrooms and white rabbits and might not even notice that her tail detaches.
Ganelon: Yep!
Ellemerr: And Rhu also goes with the sense-party.
Gaurav: yup. he's going to regret this.
Greibel tries to harmonize non-word syllables with Amadi's singing
Ellemerr: Two mad people out and about! Whee!
All alone in the big city with nobody to keep them off the 'shrooms. :3
Bear Soup Guy: Muahahahaha
Gaurav: Twoooo madmen ... off, to see the world ... there's such, a lot of holes, to see ...
Apheori (GM): Radek: Who do you want to ask? There's close folks, there's other folks, there's guards...
Amadi: Greibel has shrooms.
Gaurav: btw: I'm at home dogwatching, so I'll need to leave a little earlier than I usually do. I probably have about an hour left here.
(From Ellemerr): You'll have to let me know if we get anywhere.
(To Ellemerr): It all depends on how long you have to wander...
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel /does/ have shrooms...
(From Ellemerr): Well, *I* have to go in shorter and shorter time, so if we want to get something mad done it has to be close enough for that... I guess. O_o
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Amadi, Greibel: You wander down a few streets. Nobody pays you all that much mind since you look fairly normal, even with the sphinx.
Ellemerr: I love that.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx grins at a lot of people. They mostly ignore it. Some grin back.
It seems to be very happy for some reason.
Amadi tells a lot of people to "Go ask Alice!" since that's the refrain of her song.
Gaurav: good for it. nobody likes a unhappy homicidal feline.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: soulicidal?
Apheori (GM): A lot of people give Amadi strange looks. One guy nods and says, "She'll know."
Ganelon: That's deep.
Amadi eventually finishes her song (playing the last instrumental bit very, very well on an air-guitar) and stops. Taking a few bows to nobody in particular, she eventually tells Greibel, "We're here."
Apheori (GM): You're in the temple district.
There are a few of them, and a few statues, and a few trees, and a few people standing around.
Frezak (GM): Bah.
Gods.
Greibel: Here looks pretty groovy
Gaurav: I dont suppose it is at all likely that this is coinidentally near the address the rest of he party is heading towards?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Amadi: There's a thing. Do you go inside?
Amadi: Good songs lead good places. Shall we?
Greibel: We shall, m'lady
Amadi takes Greibel's arm and walks him inside.
Apheori (GM): Amadi, Griebel: It's a small building tucked away behind one of the temples - unassuming and pleasant with a lot of potted flowers by the door.
Amadi opens the door and you head inside, greeted by a room that is thoroughly dominated by a massive and vividly coloured rug on the floor.
Frezak (GM): THE RUG IS ALIIIIIVE
KILLLL IIIIIT
Bear Soup Guy: That rug really ties the room together
Frezak (GM): DEMON RUG
Apheori (GM): REST OF THE PARTY: Radek gets directions from a random passerby and you wind up heading toward the temple district as well, but when you get there you're not entirely sure what to do from there. Also a guard tries to stop you on the way there saying something about a fine, but you just go around himor something.
Frezak (GM): I just smile at him until he leaves.
Bear Soup Guy: I love these incompetent guards
Amadi: Yup. We are definitely... here.
Greibel: Okay. So what are we looking for?
Apheori (GM): A man holding a taped-up metal contraption stumbles out of another room, saying "I don't know what you expected, but this isn't actually quite..."
He trails off when he sees you. "Oh. Are you...?"
Amadi: I think you're looking for clues. About the Cataclysm or - yes. No. I was.
... Will be?
Apheori (GM): "No, no, this isn't," he says, and turns around and goes back into the other room.
Amadi waves a hand as if it doesn't matter.
Greibel: What a nice man
Amadi: Clues. Because all the holes are bad. They need patching. You think. He thinks. We'll see, I guess. I have holes.
Apheori (GM): This is basically a hallway, with a couple tables and odds and ends on them. There are three doorways - the one the guy came from, one with a sign that says 'perfectly ordinary basement' on it, and another that's unmarked.
Ganelon: Do we not have an address to a specific temple?
Apheori (GM): Gan: You have a specific address, but they didn't give you any specific indication of where that is within this area.
Gaurav: beware the leopard
Apheori (GM): Something about flowers, though.
You can search for flowers.
Gaurav: Gan: we could ask someone, I guess. Or just knock on doors.
Ganelon: Sure. Flowers sounds like a solid enough lead.
Greibel: Amadi, dear. Do you think anything suspicious might be happening in that perfectly ordinary basement?
Ganelon: I was going to complain loudly about this being some whack religion's attempt to get us to go to church, as it were.
But maybe it still is.
Amadi: Everything is suspicious. Do you want to go there? A lot of suspiciousness will be amassing there if we enter.
Greibel: Ah, so we're the suspicious ones?
Apheori (GM): Gan: Roll a d6.
Amadi: You are veeeery suspicious. I've got my hair on you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d6
(
4
)
=
4
Amadi: C'mon.
Amadi opens the door to the basement.
Greibel: Glad to be of hair-holding service...
Greibel follows
Apheori (GM): Gan: You wind up in a garden with a well. Lots of flowers. Quite nice. Probably not what you were looking for, unless there's something about the well.
Gaurav: I would watch a TV show that's just Amadi and Greibel wandering around solving crime.
Frezak (GM): THE WELL
Ellemerr: TREACLE
Gaurav: They'd take about half a season to find the crime scene, but ever so entertaining.
Bear Soup Guy: Gaurav - I was just thinking the same thing XD
Ellemerr: AHAHAH
Apheori (GM): Amadi, Greibel: The stairway is dark and narrow and seems to go on for entirely too long, first straight, then curving.
Do either of you actually notice?
Ellemerr: Psh, this is Amadi. She wouldn't notice if she fell asleep in the middle of it. Tell me if it starts playing jazz, though.
Gaurav: BSG: did you just spell my name correctly? omg yay! It's always fun when that happens.
rolling d20+12 perception check the HECK out of that well
(
1
)
+12
=
13
...
Ellemerr: TREACLE
Bear Soup Guy: "DUHR WHAT IS WELL"
Ellemerr: Please please please find treacle :3
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You fall in the well.
Bear Soup Guy: And yeah, Greibel is totally down with walking down an endless staircase
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You also realise it's actually a secret entrance to something.
Ellemerr: At least the company is good!
Rhu: Hey, what's that thing over theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Rhu lands with a sickening thud
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: how deep is it? is the entrance at the bottom?
Ellemerr: Now you're gonna drown in treacle :3
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Apheori (GM): Yeah, there's an entrance.
Amadi, Greibel: You come to a door.
It is large, menacing, and black.
Amadi opens the door.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: how would you draw treacle in a well? There's not enough light.
Ganelon: Is there a safe way down?
Rhu: Guys! There's -- oof -- an entrance down here.
Ellemerr: *squeeeeee*
Rhu rubs his head.
Greibel: Ominous black door. Nothing bad can come of this.
Apheori (GM): Amadi, Greibel: There's another huge rug on the floor inside. The sphinx runs inside and curls up in the middle of it.
Radek: Were you even looking for an entrance?
Amadi: I'm already bad for you, Killion. So are you.
Rhu: ... yes?
Yes. Of course. That's what I came down here for.
Greibel: Awww, that's what my mother used to tell me
Rhu: You, er, might want to lower a rope or something, it's pretty deep.
Amadi: She wasn't really your mum. She bought you from a man.
Gaurav: ...
Apheori (GM): Gravy: There's actually a ladder built into the side.
Amadi goes around the room.
Apheori (GM): OF the well.
Greibel: Oh...
The Gravedigger: Hey. Ladder.
Greibel starts looking around the room
Gaurav: well, this game actually got a whole lot darker.
Ellemerr: *cackles*
Rhu: What ladder?
Ellemerr: Sorry, I didn't play WoD yesterday.
The Gravedigger picks up Rhu and points him at the ladder.
Bear Soup Guy: Shhhhh, we're genre-bending!
Gaurav: Ellemerr: WoD?
Rhu: Oh. Yes. That one. The ladder ladder.
Bear Soup Guy: World of DEATH
Ellemerr: World of Darkness. I DM a thingy. It's dark. I must be trying to get it out here instead.
Rhu: I knew that.
Apheori (GM): Amadi, Greibel: It seems to be a sort of underground hideout, a series of rooms and passageways with blue magelights affixed to the ceiling.
Frezak (GM): NOW GO FORTH
Apheori (GM): There are a couple passages from where you are.
Frezak (GM): AND BE BRAVE
Rhu: Ellemerr: oooh, sounds interesting!
Gaurav: err, sorry
Bear Soup Guy: Reminds me of home.
Well, the most recent one I had anyway.
Amadi: Pretty blue light... Little Will'o's. This place is... nice.
Radek climbs down the ladder.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will go last.
Possibly once the other guys are clear.
Apheori (GM): Roll a thing to see if Gravy fits. >.>
Amadi: Are you coming, Chess?
Apheori (GM): Radek, Rhu: The door at the bottom is locked.
The sphinx gets up slowly, relishing the space.
The sphinx: Stories here. Old. Hungry.
Amadi: Yes. So very hungry.
Greibel: Should we feed it before it starts eating us?
Ganelon: Would you believe I'm actually trained in thievery?
Gaurav: YAY!
Ganelon: No dexterity to make it any good, mind you, but it's an important skill for alchemy. Steady hands and all that.
Amadi: If it could it would probably have eaten me already... I'm very tasty.
Greibel: I can only assume so
Ganelon: So I'm going to roll to pick this lock.
Greibel covers his eyes and starts pointing at doors saying eenie-meenie-minee-moe
Greibel: That one!
Ganelon: Er, if this door is even locked in that manner. Is it?
Greibel: Shall we investigate?
Amadi nods. "Yes. That one."
Greibel opens the door
Bear Soup Guy: brb checking the mail
Amadi whistles to the sphinx.
The sphinx: Gan: Roll.
Apheori (GM): Oops.
Gaurav: Why would there be mail in an underground dungeon?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+6
(
13
)
+6
=
19
Apheori (GM): Gan: Actually, can you just take 20 for this?
Ganelon: It takes quite a bit of in-world time, but that would be up to you, not me.
Ellemerr: Charming a lock for 20 mins? That's dedication. O_o
Apheori (GM): Well, you just failed to open it.
Ganelon: Alas!
Apheori (GM): Or you could just keep rolling until it works.
Ganelon: I probably would keep trying.
Sure.
Ellemerr: Or until you roll 1 and it gets hopelessly stuck.
Ganelon: 22
Huh, and I was even expecting to do a lot of these and used inline to save space.
Gaurav: How do you do inline?
Apheori (GM): Amadi, Greibel: The passage is full of fungi clinging to the walls, but it's not long. It leads to a shrine of sorts. A figure of a cat-headed woman sits on the table.
Also there are skulls all over the floor.
Ganelon: Double brackets "[[" and no /roll.
Apheori (GM): Mostly rodents, some not rodents.
Gaurav: 11
fancy! thanks!
(From Ellemerr): Statue of anyone familiar?
Apheori (GM): Gan: So you get the door open. Behind it... is another door.
(To Ellemerr): It's totally Bast.
(To Ellemerr): Except not.
Rhu: There's nothing quite as annoying as a path pretending to be a dead end. A fake dead end is a pretty rotten thing.
Greibel: What a charming little shrine.
(From Ellemerr): Well duh. Who would Amadi think of it as? :P
Amadi: Oh hey, it's you!
Amadi skips happily over to the statue and pats it on the head.
(To Ellemerr): Herself, her sister, someone named Fred, Yika, Ariasna, Alyre, or Enry.
Greibel: Is that, erm...
The cat woman?
Ganelon: This one had better not be locked.
Apheori (GM): It's locked.
Ganelon: Ffffrrgh
THUNDERING ARMOR
Amadi: Yes, no, I should really not be doing this. It's really... but then again, I always liked it, right? As did she. We? Me. Us. Yes. Or maybe we hated it. In which case this is even more fun! Take that, you. Hah.
Apheori (GM): o.O
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+0
(
15
)
+5+0
=
20
Greibel: You have quite the way with words.
Frezak (GM): Since no-one has called up I'm going down the ladder to investigate.
Ganelon: Actually that's outdated and it should be +6.
I thought you climbed down with us already.
Amadi: Hm? Oh, words! You should give me words! Her. Words. Prayer! Do you have a hookah?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Did you roll if you fit?
Frezak (GM): What?
No!
Greibel: I have a bong
Frezak (GM): First, what DO I roll?
Secondly, i'm seven feet tall, not seven ffet wide.
Apheori (GM): Gan: So that hits the door in some way or another and it comes open.
Gaurav: phew
Amadi looks uncommonly suspicious for a moment. "Yesssss... you do..."
Ganelon: It's basically just concussive force.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Dexterity-related.
Greibel raises an eyebrow
Apheori (GM): Gan: Okay. The door came open.
Frezak (GM): oh dear.
rolling 1D20+1
(
16
)
+1
=
17
Gaurav: Frezak: I feel like squeezing in (and possibly breaking some of the well in the process) should be a strenght check, maybe athletics?
Apheori (GM): Yeah, alright, you fit. Not well, but well enough to go up or down without moving in any other way.
He had to get in at all.
That's totally dexterity.
The Gravedigger: YOU HAVE DOOR PROBLEMS?
Gaurav: mm, yeah, that makes sense
Ganelon: Is there a third locked door past this one?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Radek: YES!
Amadi: Will you... pray, with the...?
The Gravedigger: GRAVY POWER
Amadi gives Greibel a hungry look.
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna charge with my horns.
The sphinx gives Amadi a hungry look.
Amadi makes a suspiciously cat-like hissing sound.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+10
(
14
)
+10
=
24
That's Goring Horns + Charge.
Gaurav: WOAH
nice
Apheori (GM): The third door falls off its hinges.
Greibel: Um...
Okay sure, let's pray
Apheori (GM): Radek: Perception.
Gaurav: go on, then. tell us about the fourth door.
Frezak (GM): The fourth door is made of LAVA
Apheori (GM): Also there's another door behind it. All the doors have been different styles, but this one is really different, like from another culture entirely.
Gaurav: hmmm
Rhu: hmmm
I wonder if this is some kind of mental or magic trick. Like Telestorian dolls.
Radek:
rolling 1d20+8
(
9
)
+8
=
17
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Radek: It's a frustrating one regardless.
Frezak (GM): Isn't it Rhu's turn to do a door?
Rhu:
rolling d20+12 perception check to see if the culture makes any kind of sense to me
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Apheori (GM): It's a door.
A bunch of doors.
Like someone collected random doors and used them for something weird because this is weird and you don't feel quite right.
Rhu: That door is many doors, you guys.
Radek: Great. Make it many splinters.
Rhu: RADIANT VENGEANCE
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Amadi: What's up?
Rhu:
rolling d20 + 5 vs reflex
(
4
)
+5
=
9
hmm
my vengeance was not very radiant
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Nothing happens.
Amadi nods vigorously and turns back to the statue. "This isn't going to hurt one bit. I promise." And then she disappears into thin air again.
Rhu: I'll just hit it with my maul?
Greibel: Huh...
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 vs AC
(
15
)
+3
=
18
Greibel: Disappearing into thin air sure seems like it would be pretty painful
Greibel scratches his head and looks around
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You put a dent in it.
Rhu: I'm not big on damage, most of my stuff is with giving penalties to enemies and suchlike.
Could one of you guys get this? Sorry.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Perception check.
Frezak (GM): You want another Gravy charge?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+10
(
20
)
+10
=
30
Bear Soup Guy: I KNOW EVERYTHING
Ellemerr: Man, you do O_o
Bear Soup Guy: THE SLIGHTEST FACIAL TICK BELIES YOUR ENTIRE SCHEME
Apheori (GM): I regret this.
Gaurav: hahahaha
nice roll, BSG
Ellemerr: Well now I have to stay and see what you learn.
Gaurav: I'm out of here in like 5 mins btw
Ellemerr: Yeah me too. As usual when Ama goes poof. :P
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The bones on the floor were offerings, hunted objects for the lady. The shrine itself is a live, the inside of something larger, but also outside of what you needed.
You entered the wrong door, but before that you entered the wrong door.
Finding the right door is pointless. You need to find the other wrong door. Other other.
The sphinx is staring at you.
Bear Soup Guy motions to the sphink and porridge
Bear Soup Guy: Come on, we have to find the wrong door!
The porridge moves back to Greibel's shoulder.
Bear Soup Guy: Err
IN CHARACTER
The sphinx: And the master?
She was here. Her shadow. Her part.
Heeeeere.
The sphinx paws at the ground.
Greibel: If I know Amadi she'll be meeting us again further on.
The sphinx: Not her.
Not...
The sphinx hisses and runs out the door.
Greibel: Oh, you mean...oh okay
Greibel follows the sphinx for a bit
Gaurav: okay, I gotta run now. Bus in two minutes! BYEEEEEEE
The sphinx: Right, let's call it a time.
Apheori (GM): Er, sorry.
Gaurav: have fun with the sphinx, Greibel! don't let Devourer eat you!
Bear Soup Guy: BYE RAVEY
Gaurav: see you everybody!
Ganelon: See ya.
(From Amadi): (to Spinx, if she has that power) *groans* Nooo, let us sleeep for a bit, won't you... We're not ready to... to... (But then again, maybe that's just in her dream-thing.)
(To Ellemerr): Totally can. Sphinx doesn't seem to understand, though.
(From Ellemerr): Well, nobody ever does.
(To Ellemerr): Heh.
Ellemerr: Good time-of-the-day, y'all. Sweet daydreams and nightmares.
Bear Soup Guy: Adios!
Frezak (GM): HAVE FUN PEOPLES
OR WILL BEAT YOU WITH SNAKES
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Sweet nightmares.
Ellemerr: ^____^
Apheori (GM): Next tuesday, then!
Bear Soup Guy: Next Tuesday!

Session 12

Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Frezak (GM): LET'S DO THIS, BITCHES
BURY SOME SHIT
Gaurav: Dig some holes.
This place not called Anvilium needs more holes.
Apheori (GM): Okay, guys. The three of you are standing before a door.
Ganelon: Aw yeah.
Frezak (GM): Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole.
Apheori (GM): What do you do?
Ganelon: Open it.
Gaurav: If I recall, I failed spectacularly to open the last one.
Apheori (GM): Radek opens the door.
Frezak (GM): THE DOOR IS A MOUTH
YOU ARE DEVOURED
Apheori (GM): Nope, it's a door.
Frezak (GM): Damn.
Gaurav: The door has another slightly smaller door inside it.
Apheori (GM): Slightly dented. It doesn't open all the way.
Frezak (GM): I didn't touch this one.
Don't blame me;
When I slam a door it stays slammed.
Apheori (GM): It just looks black behind it.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if I can smell or see anything in the dark. Especially if I can ascertain whether this is a cool inviting dark or a horrid murky dark.
(
9
)
+12
=
21
Frezak (GM): We have science-lights, yes?
Bear Soup Guy: oh god shit
Apheori (GM): I assume so.
Bear Soup Guy: you people talk fast
Apheori (GM): Rob: Fortunately you don't need to worry about this because you're in some tunnel somewhere.
Frezak (GM): Someone who can have a hand free should point some light down there.
Apheori (GM): Following a sphinx.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes, excellent
Gaurav: Don't turn your back on it, Rob!
Frezak (GM): YOU ARE TOTALLY SAFE
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The air smells stale and dry, but colder than the air of the well.
Frezak (GM): DONT LET IT SEE YOU'RE AFRAID
liiiiight
Bear Soup Guy: :S
Apheori (GM): And Gravy smells something kind of chemical.
Frezak (GM): CHEMICAL?
Must be Greibel.
Sitting in the dark huffing paint thinner.
Chanting to his heather shit-gods.
Gaurav: In fact, don't be afraid. The first thing it'll do if it detects the slightest hint that you're in the least concerned is tear you limb from limb with its arms while roaring in rage.
Frezak: hahaha
Apheori (GM): You cast some light into the opening. The door looks like it just got a bit jammed on the frame and you could probably pry it open; behind it lies a well-excavated tunnel, lined evenly with carved wood.
Bear Soup Guy: "heather shit-gods" XD
Rhu: ... you know, there might be an easier way in to the address on the stone than creeping in through an underground tunnel.
Rhu shrugs
Frezak (GM): Carved wood? Decoratively?
The Gravedigger: But where would the fun be?
Apheori (GM): Somewhat. Patterned a bit.
The Gravedigger: Hey, this is fancy wood.
Radek: At home, sitting on my workbench.
The Gravedigger: You don't know what fun is, Radek.
A heart as cold as steeel
Or Aluminium.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You follow the sphinx into a large room. It looks like a lab of some sort, with some tables and stuff, and some large tank-like objects in the center.
Frezak (GM): We going onwards?
I'm sure it's a lair of woodworking gnomes made of money.
Ganelon: Onwards sounds good to me.
Rhu shrugs helplessly, clearly hesitant about crawling underground, but hey, we've come this far ...
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
TO ADVENTURE
Rhu: I fear holes.
Greibel looks to the sphinx "Don't suppose you ever took a chemistry class"
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There are four tanks total - big enough to hold a large man, and three of them are indeed occupied. The sphinx curls up next to the nearest, which contains a woman - who looks suspiciously like Amadi, but not.
The sphinx hisses.
Bear Soup Guy: OH dear
Greibel just sort of stares around at the stuff in disbelief
The Gravedigger: Hey, you just popped out the last one.
Apheori (GM): The rest of you: Someone pries the door open and you head down the tunnel, bringing your lights with you. It's dark. Horribly dark.
Rhu: Ugh.
Apheori (GM): The patterns on the walls don't seem to makesense, curling in and about as though alive.
The Gravedigger: You know.
Maybe we should look for the back-door/emergency exit.
And skip the eldritch horror.
Rhu tries to keep as far from the walls as possible.
Apheori (GM): Do you continue?
Gaurav: We might as well. This should be interesting if horrifying.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
We're brave!
Sort of!
Ish!
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Rhu mutters something darkly under his breath.
Ganelon: I'm stubborn
That's almost as good.
Bear Soup Guy: Brave or slightly dense :P
Apheori (GM): You come to a circular room at the end, empty aside from a slightly raised dais at the centre.
Frezak (GM): WHAT?
Rhu: BSG: haha, exactly.
Frezak (GM): I AM SUPER DENSE.
I CAN USE MY SKULL TO BREAK DOORS.
Hmmmmm.
PERCEPTION THE ROOM.
I SEEK TRAPS.
And activate my Gravy-vision.
Rhu: I warily approach the dais and try to work out if it has a religious purpose.
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
13
)
+8
=
21
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
11
)
+20
=
31
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You may or may not notice that on a couple of the desks are notes. You may also notice that the other two occupied tanks appear to contain a weird golem and a very fat elf.
Rhu: It's entirely unmarked. You have no idea.
Gravy: You notice some patterns around the base, as though intended to channel something. It might have some sort of functional purpose.
There are no traps.
Frezak (GM): I'll direct Radek at those.
Apheori (GM): Unless the entire room is a trap.
The Gravedigger: Radek! Channel... like... things.
Patterns!
PLease apply your vast intellect to them.
Greibel: (to the sphinx) Well...any thoughts?
Frezak (GM): None of my knowledge skills are of any use >.>
The sphinx looks at Greibel warily, then backs up slightly. "Thoughts?"
Gaurav: Are there any other exits from this circular room? Or is it a dead end?
Apheori (GM): Dead end.
Unless up is a way out, but it just fades into darkness above.
Greibel: Insights? Inquiries? Ham sandwiches?
The sphinx: This...
Rhu pokes and prods the walls for any secret entrances, ventilation shafts, or such like ways out.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 dungeoneering?
(
10
)
+5
=
15
The sphinx spins around and runs to the three in turn. "These. They're not real. Not here!"
Frezak (GM): Well, /I/ didn't see anything with twice that >.>
The sphinx: Do you see?
Ganelon: You want a Detect Magic?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's dark.
Frezak (GM): Or if the patterns mean anything to you.
Rhu: Those channels look like they might conduct something. You're .. mechanical. Ly inclined. Mechanically inclined. Maybe you can work out whta they do.
Ganelon: Okay!
rolling 1d20+11
(
4
)
+11
=
15
They are NOT circuit diagrams. Maybe.
Apheori (GM): They go around the entire dais. It may be some function of the dais itself, though you don't know what.
Frezak (GM): POUR DUST ON IT
DO SOMETHING MAGIC
We still ahve the note that led us here, right?
Was there anything else on it?
Rhu pokes various parts of the dais and the patterns, just in case.
Apheori (GM): Some bad poetry.
Radek: I can't make much sense of these.
Rhu puts the stone which came with the instructions to guide us here on top of the dais
Frezak (GM): Recount the poetry!
Oh, that.
THAT MIGHT NOT BE STUPID
Rhu shrugs in the dark
Apheori (GM): The shoulders in the sand on the repeats of the world...
There's a blisters of something memory...
Look at the characters whip thy bum...
Kumquats devouring mundial smiley-faces.
Rhu: Hey, that's the same poetry that was on the note that was given to me. The one which didn't have this address.
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Apheori (GM): That was the one with the address.
Wasn't it?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu: Oh yes, no, you're right. The one with the address.
Gaurav: <<“The larger note/letter thing appears to be a set of instructions, saying to be careful, don't stand out, don't get noticed, go to a place, and some bad poetry.“>>
... this must be the place.
Rhu recites the poetry from the note.
Apheori (GM): Radek, Gravy: It may or may not occur to you that this may not actually be the place because you got slightly lost.
Bear Soup Guy: by the way, Greibel has decided to go up to a desk and just start reading whatever notes he can find, but feel free to take your time on what I'm reading
Frezak (GM): We did?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You go through some of the notes. They seem to be accounts of research, a lot of numbers, a request for funding. You don't really know what the point of any of it is, though, or who actually wrote any of it. The handwriting does strike you as rather good for some reason, however.
Greibel: Also the sphinx jumps up onto the desk and sits on them after a bit,.
Gaurav: A request for funding! ACADEMICS!
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You got to the area, and then had to take a guess or something. It might be right.
Bear Soup Guy: There's absolutely no way anyone would turn down a funding request for mad scientists experimenting on people in a laboratory!
Underground
Apheori (GM): IT also might have just been a random escape well for something else entirely.
Gaurav: An escape ... well?
With a dead end?
Radek: Is this really the right place?
Rhu: It is a dead end.
The Gravedigger: Well, there's SOMETHING here.
You don't put down squiggles for no reason.
Rhu: Well, Hazz'ridan the Magnificent. But apart from him.
Rhu sits down and sighs.
Rhu: At least it wasn't another hole, I guess.
Apheori (GM): Where do you sit down?
This may or may not be important.
Gaurav: Is the dais at sittable height? Otherwise, just on the floor by the wall. Somewhere dry.
I imagined it, like, 4ft high or so.
Apheori (GM): Naw, it's like a couple decimetres.
Gaurav: That's, like, 10-20 cms? That's more of a raised floor, isn't it?
Apheori (GM): It's like a step.
Gaurav: I'm saying "like" a lot. I apologize.
Huh. Is it in the center of the room or against a wall?
Apheori (GM): Center.
Gaurav: Is it circular like the room?
Ah okay.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
With squiggles around it.
Gaurav: Then Rhu sits behind it, on the floor, leaning against the wall.
Actually, he kind of squats.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): HERIOCALLY
Gaurav: Despondently.
The sphinx licks itself in front of Greibel.
Gaurav: Where's Rasputin?
Apheori (GM): On Greibel, I think.
Rhu: Maybe that thing is a trapdoor or something? Maybe it can be opened somehow?
Bear Soup Guy: My god I just drank some HORRIBLY spoiled milk
Or tried to drink it...
Rhu walks up to the dais again and taps on it to see if he can hear an acho.
Frezak (GM): DONT
IT IS A BAD IDEA
Rhu stops
Bear Soup Guy: OH OKAY
Gaurav: oh you weren't talking to me, sorry
Rhu continues
Frezak (GM): Nah, squatting always helps.
Gravy will go squat next to Rhu in case it helps.
Apheori (GM): Rhu taps the dais. It seems to be stone. There's no echo.
Rhu: Gravy: can you try to move this stone? Maybe it's a heavy stone resting over an opening or something.
Apheori (GM): Radek: ARCANA
Radek:
rolling 1d20+11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Ganelon: 'Bout time.
Gaurav: woof. nice roll.
Frezak (GM): Can I?
Apheori (GM): There's a resonance about the entire room, but it's concentrated about the dais. It definitely has a magical purpose.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
Apheori (GM): Something about... phases.
Frezak (GM): Ohhhhhh
Radek: This room is a magical focus. It was built for a purpose.
I can't say what.
Apheori (GM): Radek is way more eloquent than I am.
Rhu: Hmm. How do you activate the magic?
I've tried reading poetry to it and that didn't help. Maybe it needs a magic-user?
Ganelon: I guess I could try just doing magic at the thing.
Apheori (GM): Put Gravy on it.
Frezak (GM): 'put' ?
Apheori (GM): I kid.
Greibel: Do you do anything about the sphinx that just sat on what you were reading?
Rhu tries running around the room, first clockwise, then counterclockwise.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It feels kind of claustrophobic.
Radek: You realise it's probably a transporter of some sort.
Rhu: Ugh. I don't like little rooms like this.
Ganelon: Can I attempt to activate it?
Bear Soup Guy: I go to another desk and find other notes
Apheori (GM): Totally.
Ganelon: What'll that be, another Arcana?
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Greibel: These notes concern the nature of magic, and a lot of numbers and comparisons. The summaries seem to indicate considerable excitement, something about it being completely new.
Greibel: Then the sphinx follows you over and sits on these notes.
And then stares at you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
6
)
+11
=
17
Gaurav: Considerable excitement ... something completely new ... yup, definitely academics trying to drum up a little more money.
Bear Soup Guy: EVIL academics!
Greibel pets the sphinx absent-mindedly, in the midst of a bout of confused thought
Apheori (GM): Radek: There's a flash of light over the dais. Nothing else really happens.
Rhu: Woah! That's new.
Do it again! Do it again!
The Gravedigger: Fancy.
Technically, I could crack all this stone if you want.
Frezak (GM): I can break the ground in a... 15X15 feet area.
Radek: I don't think this was meant to be powered by a person.
Rhu: What do you mean?
The Gravedigger: Moonlight?
Radek: The room collects energy, like... a solar panel, I suppose.
Rhu: ... from ... where? I don't see any light in here at all.
Radek: It's an example, Rhu.
Rhu: Oh.
Frezak (GM): Anyone have any idea how we'd see where the 'roof' ends?
Radek: Solar panels don't work at night. This place operates on phases.
Apheori (GM): Suddenly there's another flash of light, bigger, bouncing down through the shaft and gathering over the dais.
Frezak (GM): BACKPEDAL
Apheori (GM): Then it fades, as quickly as it came, revealing a small mouse.
On the dais.
Frezak (GM): really now.
Apheori (GM): The mouse squeaks and tries to run away.
Frezak (GM): Um.
Rhu: Let's see if he can find a way out.
Frezak (GM): What would you ask of us to try and grab a mouse?
Rhu steps over to the corridor we came in through to block its escape that way.
Apheori (GM): Dexterity-based, probably.
Frezak (GM): Curses!
Can I tell if it looked like a normal mouse?
Apheori (GM): Perception.
Gaurav: My DEX is +3, if that helps.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+10
(
13
)
+10
=
23
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Try to grab it, then,since it'll be going past your legs.
Rhu: AH!
Gaurav: Can I do an acrobatics check? That's dexterity based, and I'm trained in it.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: Normal mouse, rather dusty, and hungry-looking. Not starved, but not far from it either.
Gaurav: Or a nature check to do natury things to it.
Natural things.
The Gravedigger: Hey, mousie, mousie.
Frezak (GM): Can I use Nature to make soothing mouse-sounds?
Apheori (GM): Dexterity to grab.
Sure?
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9
(
20
)
+9
=
29
YEAH
HERE, MOUSE.
TELL ME YOUR TALE.
Gaurav: oooooh
Bear Soup Guy imagines the sight of an enormous horned behemoth making squeaky noises
Apheori (GM): The mouse stops and looks really confused and frightened. And hungry.
Frezak (GM): Since we don't have Greibel I have to get my own vermin.
I will... produce some sandwich.
The Gravedigger: Here, poor little mousie.
have some lunch.
*skeek skeek skeek*
Apheori (GM): The mouse comes eagerly to the sandwich and nibbles enthusiastically.
Frezak (GM): I will very carefully pick it up and stroke it.
The Gravedigger: So, Radek. Try for a duck this time.
Radek: I didn't do that.
The Gravedigger: Or, ooh! A moose!
Oh.
The Gravedigger strokes Mr Mousie.
Gaurav: Aww.
Bear Soup Guy: brb bathroom
The Gravedigger: So where did he come from?
Frezak (GM): I have to use half of one finger to do this :P
Rhu: Up there, I think. *points*
Frezak (GM): Because little mouse and giant Gravy hands.
Gaurav: Hehe. Using the tiniest fingernail on your pinky finger which is half the size of the entire mouse. Or some such.
Apheori (GM): The mouse squeaks.
Radek: I can't say.
The Gravedigger: What is it, Mr Mousie?
Frezak (GM): I can add Rodent to my Languages, right?
Apheori (GM): Er...
>.>
No.
Sorry.
Frezak (GM): Awww.
In that case...
I'll hold him up to my ear and pretend to listen intently to him.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if I noticed anything while Mr. Mousie bounced down from the heavens in his bubble of light.
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Frezak (GM): He's clearly a level 4 Mouse Sorcerer.
Gaurav: Frezak: does he have little wizard robes? Because that would be PRECIOUS.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Not really.
Frezak (GM): And a hat.
Must learn needlework.
YES
Apheori (GM): Radek: The dais seems to be the focus and centre. If you can activate that properly, the energy should then be reflected back to it and it should operate in reverse to go wherever the mouse came from... but you're not entirely sure how to do that.
Ganelon: So it *is* two-way?
Bear Soup Guy: We are truly a formidable party
Absorbed with a mouse and a cat
Apheori (GM): Seems to be.
Probably.
Rhu compares the patterns on the dais to the ones in the corridor.
Apheori (GM): Test it on the mouse.
Gaurav: I was missing Rasputin. I hope Mr. Mousie is a good substitute until we get Griebel back.
We can't experiment on a mouse! Aren't there any zombies around we could use instead?
Frezak (GM): Gan has a robot >.>
Well, RAdek.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The patterns are oddly similar, though it may be a coincidence. The ones on the walls are clearly decorative, whereas these serve a purpose.
Rhu: Do you think there might be other ... energy rooms around this building somewhere?
Radek: Put the mouse back on the dais there and I can try to send it back.
Radek shrugs.
Gaurav: Can the robot (Frank?) investigate the ceiling that we can't see here?
Radek: I could also try to send you over, but there might be a mass limit, and I accept no responsibility for what happens to the rest.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The sphinx falls asleep on the notes. Do you want to do anything, maybe examine the tanks, see what the stuff on the floor is, make something else up, I dunno?
Bear Soup Guy: what's on the floor?
The Gravedigger: You'd send away MR MOUSIE?
At least let him finish lunch!
Rhu: Interesting question about the mass limit. I wonder if this dais is big enough for an elf.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There's a box of... artifacts? Some of them seem to have fallen out, including a book and a set of screwdrivers.
Rhu stands on the dais to check.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: insight.
The dais is about 1.5m across, for reference.
Bear Soup Guy: INSIGHT
Rhu steps off
Rhu: It's plenty big for an elf.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10
(
5
)
+10
=
15
Apheori (GM): Rhu: How long were you on it?
Radek: Shall I begin, then?
Apheori (GM): Wait.
This is important.
Ganelon: Of course.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You think the box may contain things that belonged to the people in the tanks.
Or maybe not.
Some of it is kind of shiny, though.
There's some nice implements.
Gaurav: Rhu got on, waved his arms around to see if a large elf could fit entirely within the dais, maybe stepped around once or twice to get a sense of how big it really is ...
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: did something happen? He doens't have a good reason to get off, apart from not standing on daises.
Apheori (GM): He never got the chance to step off, then.
Gaurav: Hehe, awesome.
Greibel feels weary about the prospect of taking the tank-people's things
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: There's another bouncing thing of light, then Rhu is encased in it... before it all vanishes, Rhu included.
Rhu: It's plenty big for a--
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Also, are they still alive?
Rhu vanishes
Frezak (GM): Wheh. Break for Mr. Mousie.
Bear Soup Guy: Nature to check their vitals?
Radek: ...That also wasn't me.
But at least none of his parts were left behind!
Apheori (GM): Nature or perception, whichever's higher. Since you can't actually reach them.
The Gravedigger: That we can tell.
Crud.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+12
(
6
)
+12
=
18
The Gravedigger: I hope I fit in there.
WOuldn't not be great to leave my shoulders behind or something.
Gaurav: BSG: or you could shout really loud
Apheori (GM): And bang on it?
Gaurav: "This transporter has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated. Partially transported giants may be broken. You may keep both parts."
Frezak (GM): Gravy is only 7 feet >.>
Radek: I'm sure I could make you replacements.
Gaurav: How broad are his shoulders?
Radek: Now, go on. This is exciting.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: They're all suspended in some some sort of thick liquid, and connected to some... thingies. It glows a bit.
The golem thing appears to have never been alive, but that also means it probably isn't dead.
The fat elf appears to be dead and bloated a bit on top of that.
The Amadi look-alike... you can't tell. Or is it Amadi, just bleached by whatever she's in?
The Gravedigger: Um.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh I probably would have noticed that
The Gravedigger: I.... uh.
Radek: Come on, now!
Greibel taps lightly against the Amadi-person glass
The Gravedigger: You drive a hard bargain, sir.
Greibel: Hey. Hey. Wake up!
Frezak (GM): ONTO THE THING.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx must have just distracted you for a bit or something, then.
Frezak (GM): Making sure Mr Mousie is safe.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Also nothing happens when you tap it.
Some bubbles rise.
Bear Soup Guy: I was hoping for horror movie sting music as she abruptly opens her eyes and starts gasping :P
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You stand on the thing. Nothing happens.
Gaurav: BSG: creepy!
Apheori (GM): Shush.
Gaurav is shushed.
The Gravedigger: Here, Radek. Hold Mr Mousie. It might only do one being at a time.
ANd be careful with him!
Greibel: Hrmmm
Ganelon: Sure, I'll hold the mouse.
And stroke him like a supervillain.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Bear Soup Guy: Does Greibel feel like he's in the right wrong room that he felt about before?
Ganelon: "No, Mr. Gravedigger, I expect you to DIE!"
Apheori (GM): BSG: Somewhat, but not nearly so much.
Gravy vanishes in a similar flash of light.
Ganelon: Now as much as I'd love to just exclaim "I'M FREE!" and run away into the sunset, I'm going to get onto the dais next.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You don't think she's breathing.
Snrl.
k
Bear Soup Guy: I guess breathing would be difficult submerged in goo
Apheori (GM): Aye, but you never know if it's relevant.
Gaurav: Gan: you should send Mr. Mousie first, if it a one-person-at-a-time thing.
Bear Soup Guy: Are there any visible exhaust tubes or ports or ventilation or anything like that coming from the tanks?
Apheori (GM): There is some tubing into the ceiling.
Ganelon: Hrm...
Apheori (GM): And consoles on the sides of them.
Magic ones.
Ganelon: Well, I guess I don't REALLY want to become some hideous man/mouse hybrid.
Frezak (GM): Yet.
Ganelon: Fine, the mouse goes first.
Bear Soup Guy: huhm
Apheori (GM): The mouse sits there for a bit.
Ganelon: I prefer rat people.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel sucks at magic and science, but perhaps insight for the readouts if they're legible?
if they have screens anyway
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Mostly switches and some... graph-like things.
But hey, worth a try.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10 insight to read the things
(
17
)
+10
=
27
Ganelon: I'll try to activate the teleporter of my own accord again.
If that's okay.
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
12
)
+11
=
23
Apheori (GM): There's a much smaller flash of light and the mouse disapears.
It occurs to you that maybe the problem is it just needs to cool down.
Gravy being... kind of big.
Greibel: The switches seem to be on. The buttons are pretty colours. You don't know what the graphs are.
Ganelon: Alright, I'll take my turn.
Frezak (GM): He's big because he's full of love.
Also HP.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll go to the console on the elf's tank since he's already dead and start pressing buttons and throwing levers, hoping that one of them drains the tank
Apheori (GM): After a bit, Radek is teleported to the others.
Perception?
Ganelon: For who?
Apheori (GM): From the lot of ye. You're all in another room now.
Except Greibel.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check
(
20
)
+12
=
32
Bear Soup Guy: SUPER SENSE
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+8
(
17
)
+8
=
25
Gaurav: I have all the perceptions
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Radek lost his chrome.
Ganelon: NNOOOOO
Apheori (GM): Radek: This room has all the actual controls for the teleporter. There's a door and a skeleton.
Gaurav: I'm really hoping Radek really has a Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes meltdown over the lack of chrome.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You think the skeleton may attack you.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+10
(
6
)
+10
=
16
Rhu: Watch out!
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You're still huge.
Frezak (GM): I'm clearly looking for Mr Mousie.
Apheori (GM): Also the mouse came through dead.
You find it.
Dead.
On the floor.
Frezak (GM): Fuck you.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Frezak (GM): I'm done with this game;
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Apheori (GM): Blame Radek.
Bear Soup Guy: WOO!
Apheori (GM): He's the one who rushed things.
Ganelon: Hey, don't make me look like the bad guy.
It's not like I did it on purpose.
Frezak (GM): I go pick up and shake the artificer.
The Gravedigger: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MR MOUSIE
Apheori (GM): It could also have been the teleporter itself - for all you know it
s not entirely stable.
Also what's with the skeleton in the corner?
Bear Soup Guy: "YOU'VE INJURED MR. STOOLS!"
The Gravedigger: JUST HOLD HIM, I SAID
Rhu: Hey, hey!
Frezak (GM): Then I will drop radek.
Radek: I brought him here! And... my chrome is gone!
Frezak (GM): And go pick up Mr. Mousie.
Radek: MY CHROME IS GONE!
Frezak (GM): He will have the greatest burial.
Rhu: Guys, I do not like the look of that skeleton.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: After flipping some switches and pressing some buttons, the charts stop, the tank opens, and the guy collapses on the ground ins a wash of fluid that all goes into a drain around the base.
Rhu: It means us ill. Or malice. Or something sinister.
Apheori (GM): The fat elf guy also smells really bad.
Greibel coughs vigorously while making note of which lever/button did that
The Gravedigger: Go hit it with some holy stuff and see if it moves.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12 Nature on the liquid good stuff
(
20
)
+12
=
32
Rhu: Hmm.
Bear Soup Guy: I AM THE LIQUID GOO STUFF
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It's not natural. At all.
Bear Soup Guy: :(
Rhu channels divinity to perform an abjure undead spell at the skeleton.
Apheori (GM): Means it's magic and science.
Seems it was used to suspend them.
Ganelon: It comes from Science and Outer Space.
Frezak (GM): FAR REALM GOO?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 wisdom vs will
(
7
)
+5
=
12
at the skeleton
Gaurav: It'll only be targeted if it is undead
And I'm within 5 squares
Bear Soup Guy: Suspend them as in suspended animation or as in suspended like not letting their feet touch the ground?
Apheori (GM): What are you doing to the skeleton?
Suspended animation!
Bear Soup Guy: WHEE!
Gaurav: It's an attack that works against undead creatures. I rolled a 12 vs will.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
It failed.
Frezak (GM): It's 4E Turn Undead for Avengers.
Apheori (GM): And now it's stirring.
Gaurav: It works even if it misses
But! It has to be undead.
Apheori (GM): It's undead.
Gaurav: YAY!
I HELPED
Apheori (GM): You're reasonably sure because now it's getting up.
Gaurav:
rolling 3d10+5 damage
(
10
+
6
+
9
)
+5
=
30
except
only half damage, because I missed
so 15
Frezak (GM): SERIOUSLY?
Encounter power?
Ganelon: ...Wow, they haaate undead.
Frezak (GM): That's MADNESS
Gaurav: Encounter! Yes!
Ganelon: Channel Divinity is always an encounter.
Gaurav: I'm a Striker. I'm terrible at hitting things, but when I do, they feel it.
Frezak (GM): Jesus.
Gaurav: Also: I pull the skeleton 1 square towards me.
Frezak (GM): That's a huge fuckin' number.
Apheori (GM): You now have a somewhat damaged skeleton staring at you confusedly with empty sockets.
Rhu: Er.
Hi?
Apheori (GM): The skeletons put its arms out and moves as though to embrace Rhu.
Frezak (GM): CHARRRRGE
Apheori (GM): You could roll initiative.
Or not. I have no idea.
Frezak (GM): If we're gonna fight, that would be a good idea.
Gaurav: Oops, that should have been 29, not 30. I added my half-level on by mistake. So: 14 damaage, not 15. Sorry.
How many squares away from Rhu is the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): Like... one or two.
It's not a big room and apparently you moved it toward you.
And it liiiikes you.
Gaurav: Eep. Yes, definitely time for initiative.
I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS SKELETON
rolling d20+3 initiative
(
4
)
+3
=
7
Apheori (GM): Crap, how do I make a skeleton?
Bear Soup Guy: Put a bunch of bones together =P
Gaurav: Draw a human bean but forget to put on skin or flesh.
Frezak (GM): use the token tab.
And look for Skeletons.
else I can drag a token onto here.
Gaurav: Damn, I should try out to the DM interface sometime. It sounds fancy.
WOAH
That is a cool skeleton
Bear Soup Guy: ACTION SKELETON
Gaurav: Dancin' Skeleton
Frezak (GM): 18
Gaurav: Where's the little initiative box thing we had last time?
Apheori (GM): Clock icon.
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
16
)
+6
=
22
Gaurav: We normal people don't get one of those
Frezak (GM): You peons.
Apheori (GM): Oh?
Gaurav: Damn, that skeleton is fast off the draw.
Frezak (GM): Only DMs can turn it on and off.
Gaurav: I suppose we're not trusted with such power.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): Wow, that dancing really helped him keep quick.
Gaurav: He's very limber.
Ganelon: Hey, why is mine 2?
Frezak (GM): Don't look at me.
Apheori (GM): What'd you roll?
Ganelon: I didn't.
Gaurav: That's from last time.
Apheori (GM): Then roll.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+1
(
20
)
+1
=
21
Sweet.
Gaurav: You just rolled a natural twenty and that skeleton STILL beat you to it.
Frezak (GM): Luck can only take you so far.
After that you need cash.
Or at least better stats.
Bear Soup Guy: Good idea
Ganelon: Too true.
Bear Soup Guy: BRIBE the skeleton
Gaurav: We should try talking to it. Maybe it just wants a hug.
Apheori (GM): So the skeleton moves toward Rhu...
...and makes a HUG ATTACK.
Gaurav: OH NO
Ganelon: Fearsome.
Frezak (GM): I TOLD YOU TO NOT WEAR THAT SHIRT
Apheori (GM): Could someone remind me how to do that, please? >.<
Frezak (GM): Do you have any stats for this thing?
Apheori (GM): Sort of!
Gaurav: We should tame it. That's what this party needs. A dancing skeleton.
Apheori (GM): What does +8 vs AC mean?
Bear Soup Guy: I could not agree more with Gaurav
Frezak (GM): It means your roll 1D20+8
Ganelon: It means roll a 1d20+8 and then compare that number to Rhu's AC.
Frezak (GM): And it hits if you beat Rhu's AC.
NO
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d2 + 8
(
1
)
+8
=
9
Frezak (GM): NO MORE PETS
Ganelon: If it's equal to or greater than Rhu's AC, you proceed to roll damage.
That's a 1d2.
Frezak (GM): THAT WAY LIES ONLY PAI- ooooh
Apheori (GM): It misses Rhu and falls on the floor.
Frezak (GM): D20 >.>
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Ganelon: Roll a 1d20.
Apheori (GM): Damn 0 key.
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Frezak (GM): HUGS
Gaurav: hehe
WAAAAAY over Rhu's AC
dead hit
can you describe this attack
Apheori (GM): It hugs Rhu. Rhu is now grabbed.
Gaurav: ...
Rhu: HUH.
Ganelon: Use, uh...
Gaurav: How about the net icon for a grab?
Ganelon: This one.
The grabby hand.
Bottom left.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2
(
6
)
+2
=
8
It also does a whopping 8 damaage.
Gaurav: OUCH SKELETON YOUR BONY ARMS OUCH
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Pretty much.
Rhu: I'm down to 24 health. Bloodied at 16.
Frezak (GM): You're so fragile...
I have like, 42.
Apheori (GM): That's the end of its turn.
Gaurav: I am. I have no idea why I have all the pull-things-towards-me powers.
Frezak (GM): And about 140 HP worth of surges.
Gaurav: It still has a minor if it wants to shout at us or smoething.
Frezak (GM): Fortunately Radek is great here.
Apheori (GM): It just wanted to hug you.
Gaurav: Aw. That's adorable.
Rhu: THIS IS TERRIFYING GET ME OUT OF HERE
Ganelon: Yes, Radek is uniquely equipped to break up intimate moments.
The Gravedigger: It's trying to communicate!
Ganelon: I use Thundering Armor!
Gaurav: Okay, while you guys do other things I need to run out. I'll be back in five minutes -- no later!
... this thing isn't using me as a human shield, is it?
Apheori (GM): Also Greibel: Care to try out the other tanks? Or feed something to the porridge?
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
14
)
+5+1+0
=
20
Apheori (GM): The sphinx is still asleep.
Yup.
Ganelon: This is against the skelly's... fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Would hit regardless.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
Frezak (GM): blonnng
Ganelon: It is pushed 1 away from Rhu, and Rhu gets +1 AC until the end of my next turn.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm cool to wait for the battle to finish before making anymore explicit actions
Ganelon: Pushed out of grabbin' range.
Bear Soup Guy: Seems like it'd be a bit of a clusterfuck =)
Apheori (GM): This was to separate them?
Gaurav: am I no longer grabbed?
Ganelon: Yeah, and yeah.
Gaurav: Or do I go with it?
Ganelon: No, you stay where you are.
Apheori (GM): Then Rhu now has a skeleton arm.
Gaurav: Yay! Ungrabbed!
Ganelon: And put a shield thing on yourself.
Like this'n.
(Press a number key while your mouse is over an icon and it puts an icon with that number on it)
Gaurav: fancy! thanks!
Ganelon: That ends my turn.
Gaurav: is the dot over the skeleton for bloodied?
Ganelon: Probably yes.
Frezak (GM): Red dot of pain!
Gaurav: okay, I have an encounter power that lets anyone reroll one attack against this thing, so it _might_ make sense to delay until I can activate it
Frezak (GM): I don't do much damage.
Gaurav: but I think we can take this guy if it's bloodied in two turns
Apheori (GM): Right.
Frezak (GM): But, I can do this.
GORING CHARGE
rolling 1D20+10
(
11
)
+10
=
21
VS AC
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Ganelon: Well, we have him outnumbered three to one.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4
(
2
)
+4
=
6
And he is proned.
And I Mark him.
Gaurav: .... how can a skeleton possibly be bloodied?
Frezak (GM): Marrowed.
Gaurav: Is that ... my blood?
Ganelon: It's just a blanket term for under half HP.
Gaurav: hahaha yes
Ganelon: Iron Golems can be bloodied.
Gaurav: marrow spewing everywhere
Ganelon: Ghosts can be bloodied.
You've gotta get creative with the how of it.
Frezak (GM): So he's proned, marked and my turn is otherwise over.
Gaurav: Cool.
Rhu will first mutter "You will pay for that hug, skeleton" as he utters an oath of enmity against the skeleton
Ganelon snickers quietly.
Frezak (GM): So what do you need to get your rerolls?
Gaurav: It's an immediate interrupt. If anybody attacks the skeleton, within 10 squares of me, you can roll a second attack roll and use either result. It's an encounter power though.
Apheori (GM): How do you do a save?
Ganelon: Just a d20.
Apheori (GM): Rhu's got a skeleton arm in his shirt. Save ends.
Ganelon: If it's 10 or higher, you save.
Apheori (GM): Unless he wants to explicitly fish it out. >.>
Frezak (GM): AT the end of his turn, he rolls 1D20 to see if he saves against.. arm.
Ganelon: There are bonuses and penalties, but most come from magic stuff or specific feats, of which he has none.
Gaurav: Should I do that at the start of my round or at the end?
Frezak (GM): End of turn.
Ganelon: End of your turn, always.
Gaurav: Oh, end, cool.
Okay, so that was my minor.
Frezak (GM): Gravy gets to make a save at the beginning.
Because he's full of life.
Gaurav: As my move, I'm going to run like a coward.
Frezak (GM): WHOO
I'm here to take the hits.
Gaurav: And as my major, Rhu is going to call down the Radiant Vengeance of Hazz'ridan upon this hapless skeleton.
Just to double-check: I add my half-level on attack rolls, but not damage rolls, right?
Frezak (GM): Yup.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+5 Wisdom vs Reflex
(
1
)
+5
=
6
ah
Frezak (GM): gorram!
Gaurav: no
Frezak (GM): You're clearly not upset enough to bring down vengeance.
Ganelon: Hazz isn't feeling it right now.
Gaurav: does something awful and embarrassing happen?
Ganelon: That's up to the DM!
Gaurav: Hazz'ridan feels for lonely skeletons
Bear Soup Guy: The hug disarmed him with charm
Apheori (GM): It just fails.
Roll your save.
Gaurav:
rolling d20 against skeletal arm
(
20
)
=
20
Frezak (GM): You have terrible priorities.
Gaurav: The skill with which I unhook the arm without nary a tear in my cloth armour is fabulous to behold
Apheori (GM): The arm falls out of your shirt without anything embarasing happening.
Gaurav: Or that :-P
okay, Rhu is done.
The Skeleton is now Rhu's Oath of Enmity target. I need to run off for a few minutes as indicated, but feel free to use his reroll ability ONCE as needed.
Apheori (GM): The skeleton tries to jump-hug Gravy with three limbs.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Ganelon: I'm a terrible shot with a rifle, so it'll probably become relevant soon.
Even though my accuracy should be great.
Frezak (GM): The skeleton might want to stand before trying to hug me;
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8 vs reflex
(
15
)
+8
=
23
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Apheori (GM): Oh, it stands.
Yeah.
Then it hugs.
Frezak (GM): That's a hit.
Apheori (GM): Like HUUUG.
Frezak (GM): My reflex isn't great >.>
Apheori (GM):
rolling 2d6 + 8
(
4
+
3
)
+8
=
15
And its leg falls off.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
27/42
Bear Soup Guy: This is why skeletons are lousy long-term combatants and great cannon fodder
Apheori (GM): Oh, and you're grabbed.
Though...
Frezak (GM): That's cool.
I'm fine with being grabbed.
Apheori (GM): I'm starting to see why this would be a single-use move. >.>
Except single seems like a bit much too.
How do you even hug missing limbs
?
Frezak (GM): Magic.
Apheori (GM): Anyway, Radek.
Frezak (GM): Ghost skeleton limbs.
Ganelon: First thing I'm gonna do is toss Gravy a syringe.
Surge +2 without spending a surge, sir.
Gaurav: Back. Btw: we should avoid killing this skeleton. It'd be nice to have something to send through teleports instead of Mr. Mousie or me.
Frezak (GM): mmmm.
12 HP!
Ganelon: You want to non-lethally attack a skeleton?
I don't think it can fall unconscious.
Frezak (GM): I could just break all the limbs off.
Gaurav: I think it's headed in that direction anyway :-P
Just carry the head around. That would be efficient.
Or, like, random bones.
Ganelon: Well, I'll blast him off you for now.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
9
)
+5+1+0
=
15
Fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Its other leg falls off and winds up in Gravy's bag. But how much damage does it do?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5
(
4
)
+5
=
9
That much.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it's dead.
Frezak (GM): OF COURSE
IT'S A SKELETON
Ganelon: It's UNdead.
Gaurav: It's redead.
Apheori (GM): Dead undead.
Gaurav: Woohoo!
Frezak (GM): Skeletons are not known for holding a great amount of vitality.
Gaurav: And all it wanted was a hug.
Frezak (GM): I'll go seperate the head from the rest of the body.
Gaurav: Are we out of encounter?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Gaurav: Rhu spends a healing surge.
Frezak (GM): Wanna stab me, Gan?
Ganelon: Between you or Rhu?
Yeah, you'll make a better donor.
Gaurav: ... huh?
Apheori (GM): Stealing surges?
Ganelon: Okay, so my healing mechanic doesn't take up your healing surges when you use it.
Frezak (GM): Donating one.
13 left.
Gaurav: Oooh, fancy.
Ganelon: But it only recharges at the start of each day or when I steal a surge from someone.
So even though I'm healing Gravy, I could do it with your surges.
But he's got tons to spare.
And even if he starts to run out I can just start healing him with mine, or yours, or whoever else's.
Gaurav: Nice!
Frezak (GM): You couldn't handle my surges.
Ganelon: I could steal the life from a stray chicken and heal him with that, in theory.
Gaurav: ... or a mouse?
Ganelon: Yes.
Frezak (GM): Roll initiative.
Ganelon: But it wouldn't kill them unless they had no surges.
Frezak (GM): Rhu is getting a beating.
He's gonna taste shovel.
Apheori (GM): So Greibel...
Gaurav runs away
Apheori (GM): While they're beating each other up, what do you do?
Bear Soup Guy: right
okay so now I go over to the Amadi-lookalikes tank and flip the same lever that opened the other one
And just because of the eerieness of it all, I look to the sphinx for approval
Apheori (GM): The sphinx looks up to see what you're doing, and then runs over.
So you flip the switch and the glass or whatever it is rises and the fluid empties and the woman topples out.
You also realise she has wings, because they kind of splay out as well.
The sphinx starts licking her.
Bear Soup Guy: So I'm going to keep assuming nature is the right stat for checking people's life stuff since there's no medicine stat (other than heal which I'm also trained in)
Apheori (GM): Actually heal probably would be.
Especially if you can actually touch them.
Ganelon: Heal is more relevant unless you're just trying to tell what they are.
Bear Soup Guy: ah okay
Ganelon: Like "This is a huge pixie!" would be nature.
"This person is in a coma!" is Heal.
Bear Soup Guy: Cool
Bear Soup Guy mutters that they should call the stat "medicine" or something
Apheori (GM): Gravedigger, were you going to beat up Rhu?
No kidding.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10 check on the person
(
20
)
+10
=
30
Apheori (GM): But that wouldn't fit fantasy land.
Oh hey@
Bear Soup Guy: DOCTOR GREIBEL AT YOUR SERVICE MA'AM
Frezak (GM): I'm going bet up Rhu in the Rave.
Gaurav: I should point out that I said that, not Rhu.
But if you want to beat him up, I could have him say that also.
He/me asked for it.
Frezak (GM): If Gravy had more damage, I'd make him kill Rhu to have vengeance on Rave :P
But he can't.
So I won't.
Gaurav: Hehe. I thought Rhu was a goner when the dais did the thing, so ... you might not have to wait long. He's VERY fragile.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The woman is dead. But it seems to be a much milder condition for her than for the other guy - like she could probably get up at any point.
Technically dead, but not entirely.
Bear Soup Guy: "Nearly dead"
If only that creepy guy with the hair were here...
Apheori (GM): Not breathing or anything, but also not deteriorating.
No heartbeat and crap.
That.
Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: I guess I try to revive her?
Apheori (GM): Roll heal!
Bear Soup Guy: With...punching her in the chest and CPR
rolling 1d20+10 HEAL!
(
4
)
+10
=
14
Apheori (GM): It doesn't work.
Sorry.
Bear Soup Guy: bah
Shouldn't have done all those drugs in medical school
Apheori (GM): And now the sphinx is licking you.
Frezak (GM): I'm sure that's not to code.
Greibel turns to the sphinx
Frezak (GM): Sphinx dribble.
Greibel: You seem to know something about the mysterious behind-the-scenes action around here
Any advice for a would-be healer?
The sphinx cocks its head at Greibel.
The sphinx purrs, then says, "No stories."
Greibel: No! Look! She was alive before! She has plenty of stories!
She and that guy over there, they have a life-time of stories!
Gaurav: A purring sphinx sounds both adorable and terrifying.
Greibel: Work your arcane sphinx voodoo on them and give me some kind of clue as to what's going on in this crazy place! Why else are you here?!
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel is being dramatic now =P
The sphinx: Why?
Greibel: Yes, why?
The sphinx: No why.
Greibel: No why, oy (facepalm)
Apheori (GM): What do the rest of you do, then?
The sphinx: Soy sauce.
The sphinx hisses in the dead gal's face.
Greibel: ...Soy sauce. Right, right. Of /course/. Soy sauce!
Greibel starts pacing the room shouting incoherent sarcasms
Rhu examines the skeleton -- male? Female? Old? Young?
The sphinx goes back to licking the gal.
Frezak (GM): I'll seperate the head from the torso of the skellington and wait for Radek to tell me about the panel.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Heal.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check against skeleton
(
19
)
+12
=
31
Apheori (GM): Nope. Heal.
Gaurav: A heal check against the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): It's a medicine check!
Gaurav: Ah okay
change the +12 to +10 then
Apheori (GM): From perception you do gather that whatever killed it was sudden and actually quite recent - there will probably be others here as well.
Nope, roll another.
Gaurav: bah
Ganelon: There's a panel?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check against the skeleton
(
12
)
+10
=
22
Ganelon: I must have missed that. Tell me about it.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Male, bad teeth, uncertain age.
Also you're not sure where the other leg went.
Frezak (GM): I thought the skellington was slumped over a console or something.
Gaurav: I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith.
Apheori (GM): Gan: The room contains a dais like in the other, a panel with some odd controls (buttons) and a chair, and a door out.
Bear Soup Guy: Really? What an odd thing to name a leg!
Apheori (GM): The guy was probably seated at the console when he died.
Ganelon: Ooh, so it's technological?
Apheori (GM): Arcana to find out.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Apheori (GM): It's definitely magical. Apparently someone made a control sort of interface so the non-magical could use it.
Minions or something.
Bear Soup Guy: bah, I forgot how to private message but hahahaha Mary Poppins
Gaurav: I'll need to split in another 20 mins or so.
Radek: This is surprisingly advanced, but the controls are simple.
It was made for a layman.
Rhu: Can you control where you go? Or does it just push you back and forth between the well-room and here?
Speaking of which, do we even know if we're on the same planet?
Rhu looks around for giant fish
Apheori (GM): Radek: It seems it can go several places - helpfully labelled 1, 2, and 4.
And another one 'out'.
Radek: Four destinations, including this one, and a fifth labeled "out".
The Gravedigger: No... cameras?
Rhu: I guess this must be #3 then?
Radek: No screens.
Gaurav: Is there any way out of this room? Doors, windows?
Apheori (GM): There's a door.
Also this room is lit, though the light is sitting on the floor underneath the wall socket. Glows blue.
Greibel: Roll acrobatics or something to not trip over the sphinx.
Bear Soup Guy: hoo boy
Apheori (GM): Because it just walked into your legs.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+0
(
17
)
+0
=
17
Apheori (GM): You trip over the sphinx, but manage to jump and land on your feet. The sphinx just stares at you.
Then it weaves around and sits in front of the tank with the golem.
Greibel mutters a foreign curse word under his breath
Gaurav: Which language?
Bear Soup Guy: Which is the most casually profane?
Apheori (GM): Whatever the kanai speak, probably.
Gaurav: In Singapore, people will sometimes cuss in an unrelated language for emphasis. All the best cusses are in Hokkien though.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Radek, Gravy: What do you do?
Gaurav: No windows, right? So it's either the door or zap ourselves somewhere else.
Oh, which might be a convenient place to "send" Rhu if y'all are going t okeep on playing
Frezak (GM): Gravy doesn't know what to do.
he's just sort of.. waiting for an occasion to be useful to present itself.
Ganelon: Well, we could check the other places out, or go through the door.
Frezak (GM): Eh, start with dialogue.
We're only good at talking and killing.
Uh.
Rhu: I would like to figure out where we are, but ... it is kind of tempting to see where places #1, #2 and #4 are.
Frezak (GM): Wrong chat >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, none of us is good at talking =P
Rhu: Especially if we're pretty sure that we can always come back from one of these transporter things.
Gaurav: BSG: fact
Frezak (GM): Any cheap way to tell what's at the end of the teleport destinations?
Apheori (GM): Amadi is great.
Gaurav: Radek is pretty good
Apheori (GM): Send someone unimportant.
Ganelon: At talking, maybe, but not nicely
Gaurav: Or somebody who has to leave for class in 5-10 mins
Frezak (GM): Nicely!
Gaurav: Hypothetically
Frezak (GM): So you just die in 5 minutes anyways?
DONE DEAL
Ganelon: Well, we need info on where the thing leads.
Apheori (GM): Use your magic.
Ganelon: Okay.
rolling 1d20+11
(
19
)
+11
=
30
HMMM
Frezak (GM): fail!
Bear Soup Guy: lightning bolts shoot from Radek's hands
Apheori (GM): You examine the panel more carefully and follow the magic to discern what the things do.
Apparently buttons 1 and 2 are actually traps.
4 is the exit. You have no idea what out is.
Well, 4 is back the way you came.
Gaurav: Phew. Good save!
Frezak (GM): PRESS BUTTON 2
I BET IT'S A LIE
Radek: ...Ah, hold on. This is a trap.
The fourth location is where we arrived from.
Gaurav: Frezak: you're thinking of cake
Radek: The first and second would no doubt be excruciatingly painful to one of you.
Frezak (GM): No, pits of nutritious acid.
Radek: And I haven't a clue what "out" is.
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS TO MYSTERY
Rhu: There's no point going back to the cave. I think we should scout out where we are before we head ... out.
I like being in, having a building between me and the holes. I think that is a good thing to have.
The Gravedigger: With you there.
Radek: We can experiment later.
Rhu: So: out the door?
Radek: Yes.
Gaurav: Are you going to keep on playing? If so, now would be a good time to send Rhu to investigate "out" and he just doesn't come back until later.
Apheori (GM): But I didn't put Rhu in a tank.
Er... wait.
The dead fat guy could be Rhu!
Bear Soup Guy: Time travelling corpses!
Gaurav: Otherwise he can just tag along or something. His character sheet is still at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19429772/dnd-skype/Rhu.pdf
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
Gaurav: At least he'll be well-fed before being syrupted
Ganelon: Either one's fine by me.
Apheori (GM): Whatev.
Gaurav: Keep playing. See where you get to!
Frezak (GM): BRING BACK TALES FROM SYRUP LAND
Bear Soup Guy: This would be a decent stopping point. We'd all be thrust right into some action the next time.
Gaurav: Okay, in a stunning change for the better, I'm going to be only three minutes late to class instead of my usual five. Have fun times, whatever you guys decide, and let me know how it goes!!!!!!
Ganelon: Sure thing.
Gaurav: Thanks for a fun afternoon!
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Gaur!
Apheori (GM): So either Gravy and Radek head out and Rhu follows, or we stop now.
What will it be?
Ganelon: I could stand to stop.
Frezak (GM): What he said.
Unless BSG is hyped.
But then he can just keep doing sphinxy things.
Bear Soup Guy: I can wait a week to open the golem tank
Suspense!
Frezak (GM): SURPRISES
Apheori (GM): Excellent.
Ganelon: Actually yeah.
If he wants to do stuff on his end, he can totally go for it.
Bear Soup Guy: Nah some people are bugging me to do admin things on uncyc and I'm supposed to be recording a vocal track at some point today too
So it's a good stop time
Apheori (GM): Aiight.
Then I shall see you all next week and things will go better.
Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll try to get more sleep next time!
Good game guys!

Session 13

Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear!
ROOM ON THE MAP
Frezak (GM): GONNA DIE
DIIIIE
This IS fancy.
Bear Soup Guy: It's very nice
I'm going to stay in there mucking about with corpses as long as possible
Frezak (GM): That sounds like a druid.
MUCKING ABOUT WITH SCIENCE CORPSES
Invoke some trees.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Yes
Frezak (GM): some potted plants.
Spruce the place up.
With spruces.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll sprout a mighty oak
Frezak (GM): That sounds obscene.
Bear Soup Guy: Perhaps it is
I am alone after all
Aside from the cat
Frezak (GM): The cat won't judge.
Well, it will, but not if you start touching yourself.
It's about being FED
SATING IT'S UNENDING HUNGER
Bear Soup Guy: Perversions are stories, right?
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Everything is a story.
Hence the value of words.
Since if you can change a story, then you can change ANYHTING.
Or anything, even.
Bear Soup Guy: If you can change a story then I wonder if the aftertaste changes as well
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
It's time-travel, only without any dimensions;
Apheori (GM): Yes and no.
It was the aftertaste what killed Athyria.
Bear Soup Guy: RIP
Frezak (GM): Rest In Pie?
Revel In Pigeons?
Ellemerr: Is that black-clad thing the not-Amadi?
Frezak (GM): Rotate Ill Pants?
Who? Rhu?
Rhu is not Amadi.
Bear Soup Guy: Reverberate In Palistine
Frezak (GM): Palestine?
Bear Soup Guy: That one, sorry
Ellemerr: On the floor. With a gun. I can't see any wings. I'm very disappointed.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, such a big gun
Frezak (GM): They're magic wings.
Bear Soup Guy: I thought it was wings
There's the wings
They're white, and all wet
Frezak (GM): It's a vocabulatic miscomprehension.
Ellemerr: There's a lot of corpses, ain't there?
Frezak (GM): What, you mean the skellingtons are wings?
You're insane.
Ellemerr: I'm going to fish now. I mean, do things. With fish. Yes.
Frezak (GM): Give the fish a wing?
So that they can shoot themselves?
As they see Greibel sprout a might oka?
*oak
Ellemerr: Okra, it was the okra!
Frezak (GM): LADY FINGERS
SNAKE HEADS
Greibel sprouts a mighty okra. It is delicious.
Frezak (GM): You're eating your own... fruit?
Your shoots.
Your sproutlings.
Apheori (GM): Yes, thatś the not amadi, and there are no wings because I couldn't find a dead person with wings.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes but that white thing along her back
It does look like wings crumpled up from the wetness
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: Excellent
Apheori (GM): Agh, crap, sorry.
I had to make an icon.
On the off chance Amadi does what I expect she'll do.
Greibel: You were about to open the tank?
Frezak (GM): Farm telepathic space-shrimp?
Apheori (GM): No, she's already doing that.
Or was.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
I never have original ideas.
DAMN YOU, WHORE.
Ellemerr: You think I have plans for doings? Or think you can predict them? O_o You have more faith in me than me. Or in you. Whichever.
I'm still fishing.
My fish is exploding! I have exploding fish!
Apheori (GM): Plans?
What are those?
Ellemerr: Please start the game whenever it's convinient.
Or convenient, even.
Frezak (GM): I can't remember what I was doing.
Apheori (GM): RADEK! RHU! GRAVEDIGGER!
Frezak (GM): Oh, teleporter room.
I WANT TO EXAMINE MR MOUSIE.
Ellemerr: Going outside.
Frezak (GM): I WANT TO KNOW WHY HE DIED.
Apheori (GM): You're in front of a corridor leaving the teleporter room.
Then examine him.
Roll nature or something. Is that right?
Frezak (GM): Um.
Heal, probably.
Ganelon: For a skelly?
Yeah, probably heal.
Frezak (GM): Nature would tell me he was a mousie.
Apheori (GM): For a mouse?
Frezak (GM): no, Mr Mousie.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+2
(
19
)
+2
=
21
Fuck yeah.
Apheori (GM): You examine the mouse and realise the mouse is lumpy where it shouldn't be. Like its organs got slightly... rearranged by weight.
(From Ellemerr): If the thing you've expected me to do is really awesome and I'm not doing it, you can always prod me. I'm mostly just going to eat fish and try to think about cars.
Bear Soup Guy: Sorry I'm back, went to put noodles on
Frezak (GM): Rearranged by weight?
What?
(To Ellemerr): I have no idea what you'll do. I just need you to show up and do something.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: The bottom of the mouse is much heavier than to top for some reason.
Frezak (GM): Um.
(From Ellemerr): Well I'm -probably- going to do THAT sooner or later. Unless I suddenly explode and rain down as sentient dust over Gravy instead. You never know.
Frezak (GM): I'll... prod him to see if there's... something inside him >.>
Ellemerr: Bottom as in tail?
Frezak (GM): Mouse butt is lumpy.
(To Ellemerr): You can't do that unless he's by Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
There are... hard things. But the bones are also not where they should be so they're probably bones.
Frezak (GM): Well, fuck it.
I'm not going to open up Mr Mousie.
I'll just be sad.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Do you open the tank?
Heh.
(From Ellemerr): I know. I think I'm surprisingly aware of the rules binding me. Unless I'm not, of course.
Bear Soup Guy: Eventually I wander over and open the golem tank, yeh
(To Ellemerr): You seem at least as aware as I am. >.>
Apheori (GM): The thing spills out.
Did that work? Did it show up?
Ellemerr: Yes.
You're very fancy.
Apheori (GM): Wheeeee!
Ellemerr: The tank is still blue, though. Might wanna empty that.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Right
Ellemerr: Very, very good.
Apheori (GM): .
Ellemerr: What's in the last tank? O_o
Apheori (GM): It was empty.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear, cool
Apheori (GM): AMADI! APPEAR!
Ellemerr: ... Gotcha.
Amadi furiously bangs her little fists against the glass of the last tank.
Frezak (GM): DONT
SHE IS EVIL
Greibel: There's nothing in that one
Frezak (GM): SHE WILL EAR YOUR CAULIFLOWER
Greibel kneels down to inspect the golem
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It looks like a warforged. But I have no idea what warforged look like. Neither do you.
>.>
Amadi gives Greibel a rude gesture and holds her breath.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Did you just climb into or onto the ank?
Bear Soup Guy: I will imagine the War Doctor who was also forged in war
Clearly that is appropriate
Ellemerr: I wanted to appear in it.
It looked nice.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Then I suppose Greibel was being quite oblivious at the moment
Apheori (GM): It spilled everywhere when you forced your way in.
Bear Soup Guy: He's had a stressful day
Apheori (GM): Good job.
Ellemerr: Well that's no fuun.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: I mean you've probably never seen one. A warforged. As a... species-type thing.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, right!
Greibel will assume he looks like the war doctor =P
Ganelon: If only the Guru Man were here.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Now what?
Also the porridge feels oddly soggy.
Frezak (GM): OH GODS
Bear Soup Guy: He's had a stressful day too
Frezak (GM): THE PORRIDGE IS A WERE-FISH
Ellemerr: I'm going to stay in the tank. For now. With no liquid, I'm sure it's a nice tank.
Bear Soup Guy: Now I will inspect the golem! Maybe.
I guess nature's no good if I've never seen one.
Heal?
Frezak (GM): So.... do we take the exit destination portal thing?
Apheori (GM): Arcana.
...I guess.
Bear Soup Guy: ARCANA
Ganelon: Heh heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh boy, okay
Ganelon: Yessss
We have a door to take.
Gaurav: I hope we get to visit this room sometime, it is an awesome room.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+2 Desperate inspection of magics
(
10
)
+2
=
12
Ganelon: And a mysterious option on the controls that should be less dangerous than those two trapped ones.
Ellemerr: Wasn't that just back?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You discern that there's magic involved.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY I LEARNED SOMETHING
Gaurav: "less dangerous"? I'm not convinced "out" in any way suggests a lack of danger. But i guess it's not obviously a trap, which is handy.
Frezak (GM): I thought it was: Back, Mystery, death, pain.
Gaurav: Did we try walking out the door and wandering around this place?
Frezak (GM): There was a door?
Apheori (GM): There's a door.
To a corridor.
Gaurav: That door.
Apheori (GM): There are also two buttons for the transporter.
Do something.
Ellemerr: You had sort of decided on the door last time.
Rhu: I vote for going out the normal door. I don't like machine things.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: that was last week. We are now older and wiser.
Rhu: Also, err ... should we take Mr. Mousie with us?
Ellemerr: So now you can take the door like old wise men rather than young adventurous types?
Radek: Can you raise the dead?
Amadi sits down in her tank and starts banging her knuckles experimentally against the inside, listening to the sound of it.
Frezak (GM): I have pocketed Mr.Mousie.
That he may have the burial he deserves.
Ganelon: I can try to fix him, you know.
The sphinx walks over and sits on the not Amadi's face.
Frezak (GM): I could bury you, you know.
Ganelon: DM: Right click, "To Back".
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Gaurav: oh oops sorry I forgot re: Mr. Mousie
Ganelon: I vote the door, too.
Amadi leans her head out of the tank and looks at the sphinx.
The sphinx grins at Amadi.
Apheori (GM): So you guys head out the door?
Gaurav: Should Gravy take the lead out the door? Him being big and all.
Ganelon: Yes.
We know there are skeletons.
He should be in front, smashing them.
Gaurav: They just want hugs.
If we could build some sort of hugginator, we should be fine.
Amadi: Do you think I'm dreaming about her, or that she's dreaming about me? Or are we all dreaming one another? Maybe it's all HER, too. But that's sort of the same. Isn't it?
The sphinx: Dreamsss.
Greibel: Well stated, my mysterious companion
Gaurav: Amadi: ooh, I like the new avatar!
Frezak (GM): I'll go open the door, then.
Greibel: Do you think you could learn anything from these various corpses I've littered the room with?
Rhu follows Gravy to the door
Amadi: I'm not telling you my dreams, you demanding thing. Don't eat the dead dreams, either. You'll get a stomach-ache again.
Amadi bangs her knuckles against the metal some more.
Amadi: I like this sound.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Rhu: You see a corridor going off into the darkness, with a few green lights flickering at intervals.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Rhu: That looks safe.
Frezak (GM): How well can we see by these lights?
Rhu: In that reality itself isn't flickering on and off.
The sphinx arches its back slightly at the sound.
Apheori (GM): You can see, but not very... far?
Frezak (GM): Enough to navigate?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
Apheori (GM): There are some doors on either side.
Gaurav: We have torches as part of our Adventurer's Kit, I think.
Frezak (GM): DOORS
OPEN DOOR
yeah, but I don't have a free hand.
Apheori (GM): In this case the torches would be really torches, though.
Amadi finally ceases, turning her attention to Greibel. "Corpses. I'm great with corpses. When do you need it?"
Gaurav: Wait, let's perception check to see if we can hear anything.
Frezak (GM): Smart.
GRAVY SENSE! TINGLE!
Apheori (GM): As soon as Amadi stops, the sphinx gets up and starts crazy-jumping around for no aparrent reason.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9+10+1
(
5
)
+9+10+1
=
25
Ganelon: Absolutely ridiculous.
Greibel eyes the sphinx
Apheori (GM): It looks a little something like this, and then runs into a desk. http://25.media.tumblr.com/d67e00c6db38870d4a4ea59e757fdb87/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo6_400.gif
Gaurav: We could also do some sort of strategic door opening in which I open the door while Gravy gets ready to charge through it. Or something.
(From Ellemerr): Do I have special sphinx-knowledge of any kind or something to roll about that?
Greibel: (To Amadi) Uhm....whenever it's convenient I suppose.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You sense... DEATH.
Gaurav: WHAT ABOUT FISH
Apheori (GM): Also there's a bigger corridor ahead.
(To Ellemerr): I have NO idea.
Gaurav: Apheori: that is a quality cat GIF
(From Ellemerr): Beyond, you know, when I just do things and assume it to be okay.
Frezak (GM): Death?
Apheori (GM): DEEEEATH.
Frezak (GM): LIke... the smell of rotten things?
Or just.... Deeeeaaaath!
Apheori (GM): Kind of, except nothing's rotted.
The Gravedigger: Beyond this door... lies DEATH.
DEAAAATH
Radek: What, ours?
Are you trying to be spooky?
Rhu takes a step away from the door
Amadi sniffs the corpse of not-her and then gives the sphinx a suspicious, narrow-eyed look.
The Gravedigger: Don't be silly. We're alive.
Apheori (GM): So you're in front of a random corridor door about to open it?
Rhu: I suppose we should at least see what sort of death they have around in it.
around these parts*
Frezak (GM): Rhu, you want to open it while I stand in front?
Rhu: I'm hoping calm and peaceful, but I'll settle for terrible and ghastly as long as reality remains mostly stable
Gaurav: There aren't any windows in this corridor, right?
Ellemerr: It'd be cool if you suddenly met Death.
Apheori (GM): No windows. You seem to still be deep underground.
Gaurav: Does the corridor look like the one we walked through out of the well? Like, similar size, similar construction?
Frezak (GM): What, the carved wood thing?
Apheori (GM): Similar construction, but bigger.
Gaurav: And we don't obviously hear any sounds of, like, air pumps or anything, right?
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
Apheori (GM): The wood ain't carved the same, though. Now it's just geometric patterns.
Rhu walks up to the door and stands behind it, ready to open it when Gravy gives the signal.
Apheori (GM): You hear the odd... no, you don't hear anything.
Ellemerr: The odd sound of nothing.
Gaurav: Any distinctive smells?
Frezak (GM): YOU HEAR THE VOID
Spaaaaaace
Gaurav: Rhu's not smart enough to work this out, but being underground without any obvious ventilation system is probably pretty worrying
Anywho. I'm done investigating. Shall we go in this door?
Frezak (GM): Go for it.
Ganelon: I'm ready.
Frezak (GM): I'll stnad all be all invincible.
Rhu opens the door
Frezak (GM): BEHOLD, DEATH
Vashta Nerada!
Apheori (GM): It's dark.
You can't tell what's in it.
Gaurav: Definitely Vashta Narada.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Gaurav: Gravy: intimidate the darkness.
Frezak (GM): Luckily i'm so meaty, you'd have time to flee.
HAVE AT THEE, DARKNESS
Apheori (GM): Just shine your torches in or something. >.>
Ganelon: You would think that I might have some kind of light-producing thing on me.
The sphinx starts licking itself.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, someone point a torch.
Ganelon: You'd be wrong.
Rhu stays behind the door, giving Gravy and Radek "what's in there?" looks
The sphinx: You have a torch.
Frezak (GM): technically, a bomb makes light...
The sphinx: Er, ooc.
Ganelon: Also I think we all use two-handed weapons here.
Well, you have a shield.
Frezak (GM): Sure, but YOU can hold it one hand.
Apheori (GM): So tape a torch to it!
Frezak (GM): TAPE A TORCH TO MY HEAD.
Apheori (GM): This isn't Doom 3.
Rhu walks around the door and shines a light in
Gaurav: We could tape two torches to Gravy's horns
Frezak (GM): ANd scare deer!
Amadi snaps sharply at the sphinx, "If you've made your bed you will have to eat it." Then she tries to figure out stuff about the winged corpse-lady.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's full of shelves of boxes and papers. Looks like a storeroom of some kind.
The Gravedigger: DEATH
Ellemerr: I might need some sort of roll for that. I have no idea what. Or what I even want to find out.
Rhu: Huh.
Even worse: paperwork.
Can somebody check for traps before I step in here?
The Gravedigger: YES
Frezak (GM): I step into the room.
Ganelon: Sure, I'll try magic... traps.
Apheori (GM): You step on a corpse.
The Gravedigger: DEATH
Ganelon: Oh, there's the death.
Frezak (GM): I boot it.
Radek: Shut up about death already!
Apheori (GM): What does boot mean?
Frezak (GM): Kick.
Gaurav: We were promised death.
Apheori (GM): Ellemer: Roll something. I don't know what either.
Rhu kneels down and examines the corpse.
Apheori (GM): Pick a skill and eat it.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check
(
16
)
+10
=
26
Apheori (GM): Gravy: When you kick the corpse, it slides across the floor and some bits fall off. It appears to be completely dessicated, with skin rendered papr-thin.
Rhu: THIS AIN'T NATURAL.
Gaurav: How so?
Frezak (GM): He was wampired?
Apheori (GM): Ellemer: What skill? Or is this a madness check?
Rhu: Tissue shouldn't be this thin. Nothing should be so loose. It's like a marionette or something, except it was a guy.
A GUY.
Frezak (GM): WAMPIRES
Ellemerr: Hell if I know. Arcana, to... I really don't know.
Rhu looks up at the other two
Rhu: Definitely a dude.
Rhu tugs at the paper-thin skin
The Gravedigger: I have never seen a corpse like that before.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You poke her with magic. It bounces.
Rhu: Maybe he just dried out in here? Wherever this is.
Ellemerr: Heeee!
Rhu: He might have been dead a long time. A really long time.
Amadi grins and does it again.
The Gravedigger: I dunno.
Radek: This isn't a result of just "drying out".
The Gravedigger: If he'd just died, he wouldn't be... dried out.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: This time it bounces back into her, as though she'd absorbed the spark.
Rhu shrugs
Frezak (GM): I'll check the room for anything else other than a corpse and papers.
Amadi blinks, gives the corpse a kitty-eyed look and tries again. Third time's the charm!
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 dungeoneering check to look for any obvious traps or other dungeon-related dangers in here
(
2
)
+5
=
7
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Just boxes and papers, an old mug, and some bits of glass.
Frezak (GM): MUG
Ellemerr: It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Frezak (GM): Didn't we want a mug for something?
Apheori (GM): You notice all the shelves are wood, though. That's different.
Ganelon: No, I had one from the rocket.
Frezak (GM): Craftsmanship on the shelves?
Ganelon: Only slightly damaged.
And I gave it to someone.
Frezak (GM): I will take this mug.
Apheori (GM): Shelves are carved like the corridor wood.
Rhu examines the papers
The Gravedigger: Hey, these shelves are fancy.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: There's a thick crust of dried something in the bottom of the mug.
Frezak (GM): I will leave the mug.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: When you poke the corpse again, its eyes open.
Gaurav: Does the corpse look old? Are there any obvious causes of death?
Apheori (GM): And the sphinx wanders over.
Gaurav: Our corpse, I mean.
Ellemerr: Is the corpse not on its back so that I can see this?
Frezak (GM): What is the dry corpse wearing?
Bear Soup Guy: STING MUSIC
GASPING SOUND
CLATTER OF A DROPPED SURGICAL INSTRUMENT
Apheori (GM): Your corpse looks fairly young, no obvious signs of death.
Amadi: Your corpse.. yeah, you see it.
Rhu: So: we're thinking this is some kind of storeroom. This guy was working here, or came in here to hide. And then he died?
Radek: But from what?
Amadi: Sorry to wake you. Did you dream sweetly?
Frezak (GM): Clothing on corpse?
Apheori (GM): The winged woman groans, and tries to focus on Amadi, but mostly just winds up staring at the ceiling.
Then the sphinx starts licking her.
Rhu: And the door was closed, but not locked. So maybe he wasn't hiding. Maybe it was sudden. Like a gas leak? Or something magical?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Clothing is some kind of robe.
Rhu looks over the papers in the storeroom
Frezak (GM): Does it look like anything we've seen about town?
Amadi: I don't usually do this, you know. That guy is much better at it. He's a keeper. Or a Keeper. Or both.
Frezak (GM): Like, say, the magic lady?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: They're reports. Inventory lists.
Etc.
Amadi points over her shoulder at Greibel.
Frezak (GM): And I want to see if the robe is... breaking down at all.
From age.
Greibel shifts uncomfortably
Rhu looks around for the most interesting looking papers -- anything with names and numbers on them -- and shoves a few into his backpack
Apheori (GM): The woman manages to focus, and tries to sit up by grabbing Amadi.
Amadi: Chess, I made something happen! Come here and deal with it!
Frezak (GM): What things are on these inventories?
Ellemerr: (that was to Greibel.)
Apheori (GM): Mostly rocks.
Gaurav: Do the reports have any headers? That might have information on who is compiling them, for whom they're intended, dates, times ...
Apheori (GM): Nope.
They've got configurations of dots.
Rhu: o.0
Apheori (GM): For headers.
Frezak (GM): Radek knows... sciency things.
Gaurav: Ah okay
Greibel walks over nervously
Frezak (GM): He might have seen it before?
Ganelon: Can't hurt to look.
Frezak (GM): Or a similar alphabetical alternative?
Fragment 17 finally manages to sit up, and looks at Amadi with some confusion.
Fragment 17: Who are you?
Ellemerr: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ganelon: Shall I roll a thing to make sense of dots?
Ellemerr: She is so pretty
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Amadi: We're her. Or used to be. Or are supposed to be. There's a lot of fragments.
Fragment 17: Her?
There are more of you?
Gaurav: I love how on the map, everybody around Fragment 17 looks really intense, and then there's Greibel having a quick smoke beside the other corpse.
Amadi: Did you dream?
Fragment 17 looks around.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Fragment 17: What is this place?
Frezak (GM): He's relaxing.
Fragment 17: What is... dream?
Frezak (GM): taking it eaaaasy.
Fragment 17: The word... it feels so familiar, but it only brings up visions of darkness...
Amadi: What will you remember?
Gaurav: Okay: we've examined the papers, examined the room, the shelves, and the corpse. I think it's time to keep truckin' down this corridor.
Frezak (GM): Agreed.
Amadi: Where is your key?
Frezak (GM): Same process with next door.
With lights taped to Gravy's horns.
Fragment 17: I don't understand.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Amadi looks slightly worried.
Amadi: Chess, deal!
Frezak (GM): I love that Greibel avatar.
Amadi hides behind Greibel.
Fragment 17 looks at Greibel.
Fragment 17: You look diffwerent.
Gaurav: I think that might be a fire hazard :-P I'm happy to step up to the door with the torch, given that both Radek and Gravy are standing behind me, weapons drawn.
Apheori (GM): These ain't fire torches.
They're flashlights, that's the word. Sort of.
Except not.
BECAUSE YOU'RE FUTURE ELVES.
Gaurav: Oh, right. Good point.
Greibel: (To the fragment) You look...familiar.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Rhu: At the next door you find a room with a huge bathtub in the center. Nothing else in it.
Ganelon: Anyone feeling dirty?
Fragment 17: Who am I?
Frezak (GM): That looks bad.
Any smells?
Sounds?
Rhu: Huh.
Greibel: I've been calling you the Tank Girl, in my internal monologue
Apheori (GM): It smells stale, moist.
Frezak (GM): MOIST
Apheori (GM): There's a word for that but I forgot what it was.
Fragment 17: Tank girl?
Rhu: Moist?
How can anything be moist in here? Where would water get in here from?
Rhu tries the faucets on the bathtub, if there are any
Bear Soup Guy: MUSTY
Fragment 17 looks up at the tank for a long moment. "I was in there."
Amadi adds, helpfully and with some possessiveness, "You're not me!"
Fragment 17: I should think not. You're over there. I am... here.
Apheori (GM): Musty, yes.
Amadi: Well that never stopped them before.
Apheori (GM): There's water in the tub.
The sphinx: Hungry.
Frezak (GM): Clear water?
Anything else in the tub?
The sphinx: Stories.
Hungry.
Frezak (GM): LIKE A CORPSE?
Apheori (GM): Clear water, a little bit of residue from calcium separation or something, nothing in it.
Frezak (GM): huh.
What are the walls like?
Fragment 17: Stopped whom?
Rhu pokes at the water, then brings his fingers up to his nose, sniffs, then licks a drop of the water
Apheori (GM): Tiles.
Amadi pokes Greibel in the back. "You tell her."
Apheori (GM): It smells like sulfur.
Frezak (GM): SULFUR
THIS IS THE BATH OF HELL
Greibel: Ehrm...
Apheori (GM): It tastes like iron.
Greibel: Uhhh.....
The Gravedigger: I wouldn't have done that.
Fragment 17: (to Greibel) You don't know what she's talking about either, do you?
Rhu: It smells like sulphur and it tastes like iron. Whatever killed these people, it wasn't iron deprivation.
Radek: Some kind of chemical weapon, maybe?
Greibel: Well, I'm slowly piecing things together. /Very/ slowly.
Amadi sticks her tongue out at the not-her.
Greibel: But no.
The Gravedigger: Hmm.
Amadi: Well, you've got holes in you, too.
The Gravedigger: Looking like a self-contained facility.
No, radek,t hat's a bath.
Gaurav: Is the bathtub big enough for multiple people?
Radek sighs.
Frezak (GM): Harem bath!
Fragment 17 smiles slightly, then asks, "What are you doing here, then?
Fragment 17: I have holes?
Or does he?
Greibel: This world is crazy. There's holes in everything.
Fragment 17 looks at herself, realises she's all wet, and uses Greibel to pull herself upright.
Amadi: I don't think he does. Lucky.
Fragment 17: Are there any towels?
Amadi: Or unlucky. If we didn't have holes...
Amadi shudders.
Fragment 17: No, there are holes.
I think... I think that's why I awoke.
Radek: Let's just keep moving.
Amadi: You took my fancy light.
Frezak (GM): Yup.
Fragment 17: Can I give it back?
Amadi: It was full of words that weren't spoken.
Frezak (GM): Keep on doing the thing.
Rhu: Agreed.
Gaurav: Same routine on the next door?
Amadi: That's up to you, now, isn't it?
Apheori (GM): A moment. I'll be right back.
Gaurav: The thing must be kept on with.
Frezak (GM): NEVER STOP THINGING
Bear Soup Guy: THING EVERY DAY
Ellemerr: If Apheori returns and I seem absent, poke me on skype.
Apheori (GM): I'm back.
Gaurav: Back to thinging then.
Frezak (GM): Thingage!
Fragment 17 considers this for a moment, then asks, "Do I know the words?"
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Radek, Gravy: You search some more rooms. One of them has a huge pile of corpses and several broken chairs.
Gaurav: How huge?
Rhu examines the broken chairs
Apheori (GM): What, you want a volume?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): It's as high as Gravy is tall.
Frezak (GM): In litres.
Apheori (GM): I don't know maths.
So I can't tell you.
Frezak (GM): That's a big pile.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check on the chairs, with particular attention to whether there's any blood at the broken edges
(
18
)
+12
=
30
Frezak (GM): Is there.... some kind of claw on the ceiling?
Radek: Who would pile up corpses like this?
Frezak (GM): How big IS the door?
Gaurav: Ha, yes, height is fine. I just wanted to know if it was 5-6 corpses or a couple of dozen.
Apheori (GM): The chairs look like everything from office chairs to loveseats to bar stools. No two are the same type.
Ganelon: Is anything remarkable about the corpses?
Apheori (GM): It looks like they're all missing one leg.
Door is normal. Ceiling is normal.
The corpses are all either skeletons or dried like the other one.
Well, no, that's not right.
Some of them look like normal dried corpses.
The Gravedigger: How the hells did they get piled up like this?
Gaurav: For the dried corpses, are there any discernible patterns? Are they all young, all elven, all dressed similarly?
Apheori (GM): Mostly all wearing robes.
A lot of humans, some elves.
Also as a note about the fragment, she's supposed to have slightly lighter skin than Amadi and brown hair, but I was rushed making the picture.
Amadi: Even if you once did, I bet they would've all leaked out through those holes. If you know words, you should speak to the wordless.
Fragment 17: Well.
Rhu: This is a strange place.
Fragment 17: I have no idea what that means.
You are Amadi, yes?
The Gravedigger: Yep.
Rhu: There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the pileage. You'd think a bathtub would be a good place to dump a couple of corpses, but no. Instead someone piled them all up in this room, except for one who was left in the storeroom, or maybe died there.
Amadi lights up, looking amazed and suddenly very happy.
Fragment 17: And Greibel. Rasputin. Gezrau.
Rhu: Bah.
Amadi: Am I Amadi?
The Gravedigger: Any ideas on smart things to do here?
Fragment 17 looks to each as she says the name, ending with the sphinx.
Radek: If there was any consistency to the way they died, maybe.
Amadi: Oh hey, cheating!
Radek: But I can't see into the past.
Fragment 17: You... no.
But you look very much like her.
I... think.
Gaurav: Apheori: did you draw both Amadi and Frag17? How long did that take?
Fragment 17 looks over her shoulder, almost as if at something.
The Gravedigger: Might be interesting to find out where this is.
Apheori (GM): I drew Fern, turned the image into Amadi, turned that into the fragment.
Amadi sags back down, resting her forehead against Greibel's shoulder.
Gaurav: Apheori: nice!
Greibel looks around the room and at its various occupants completely dumbfounded
The Gravedigger: Like, some kind of... wooden space station.
Greibel pats Amadi on the other shoulder
Rhu: That would be pretty cool.
The Gravedigger: It's not underwater, since I don't hear stress.
Rhu: Do you think we might be in space? I thought we must be underground again, but ... well, I really hope we're still on that planet, because otherwise who knows what planet we've ended up at this time.
The Gravedigger: We'd hear machinery, surely?
Engines? Generator?
And I doubt that a space station would last long, if it's made of wood and not maintained.
Amadi talks to the fragment without raising her head, muffling the sound against Greibel's back. "Do you know what your name should've been if it hadn't been lost?"
Radek: You would be an idiot to make anything out of wood if it were supposed to withstand a vaccuum.
Not that I'm discounting the possibility.
The Gravedigger: Not if you had a ton of magic to get things working.
Radek: Why waste time with materials at all, then?
The Gravedigger: That woman earlier could teleport.
Fragment 17 looks back, then down as the sphinx rubs against her legs, as though oblivious.
The Gravedigger: Make it look fancy?
Fragment 17: No.
Radek: Magic can do that too.
It can do everything.
Frezak (GM): I want to take a light swing at some wooden wall and see if my shovel edge bites into it like wood.
Amadi: Me neither.
The Gravedigger: Maybe the magic goes towards structural integrity if they don't have the materials to withstand the void.
Rhu: What if the whole place caves in?
The Gravedigger: It's.. unlikely?
I don't hear any stress.
Radek: I would be able to tell if this place was being held together by magic.
Apheori (GM): The shovel goes into the wood and hits stone behind the panelling.
Rhu: If we could find some sort of ventilation duct, it might lead "outside", wherever "outside" is. We could send Radek's robot through the duct and get a report back to us.
Ganelon: (He would say this even if it weren't true)
The Gravedigger: Have you tried?
Ganelon: Sure, I'll roll an Arcana.
rolling 1d20+11
(
9
)
+11
=
20
Apheori (GM): It ain't held together with it as far as you can tell, but there seem to be points of magic, especially in the intersections.
Gaurav: Intersections?
Apheori (GM): Doorways, corridor crossings.
There's one up ahead, if you left the room.
Radek: Well, there's magic alright, but it's not everywhere.
Frezak (GM): Are the doors just normal hinged wooden doors?
Radek: It's all focused on these doorways.
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Rhu: Huh. Magic couldn't have piled all these bodies up in this way, could it? By itself, I mean. You'd still need someone to wield the magic and make it do this.
Amadi: (to Greibel) You have a fancy back.
Radek: Not necessarily. Suppose we threw bodies into the teleporter one after the other.
Amadi: Did you want me to speak to any of the other dead ones?
Radek: Naturally, they would end up in a pile.
The Gravedigger: Could you make a... magical Artificial Intelligence?
Fragment 17 dries herself off with a word and starts wandering around the room, poking at desks and equipment.
Ganelon: That seems like a "Ask the DM" question.
Greibel: Uhm....
Ganelon: Do magic AIs exist?
The Gravedigger: Magic that casts magic?
Greibel: If you can?
Gaurav: None of the bodies have any kind of identification, right? What about distinctive necklaces or earrings? Letters on their cloaks? Clothing tags?
Greibel: Be a shame to leave them dead...
Rhu: Radek: Ooh, good point. Especially if the destination were a trap.
Amadi: Do you have all the words you ought to? How are your eyes?
Apheori (GM): Radek would be familiar with them as an example of a really bad idea. They can be made to work, but it's generally a lot easier to just use technology for the framework and only fill in the rest with magic.
Greibel: My eyes are fine. I eat plenty of carrots.
Apheori (GM): Purely magical ones tend to go... horribly wrong.
Radek: A purely magical AI?
It's been done. It's universally considered to be a mistake.
Rhu: I wonder if we put something on the teleport and hit one of the trap buttons, people end up in one of these rooms.
Fragment 17 looks back to Amadi and Greibel quizically.
Radek: They're unstable, yes.
The Gravedigger: Mistake?
As in going crazy?
and,say, killing the occupants with magic?
And putting them in piles?
For example?
Amadi pokes Greibel's back experimentally before crapping over to the golem-"corpse" without getting up.
Radek: I suppose. I'm still not ruling this out as some kind of teleporter accident, though.
Apheori (GM): (None have specifically done that, but it could be possible.)
Greibel twinges oddly at the poke
The porridge jiggles.
Bear Soup Guy: PORRIDGE AVATAR WHAT
Apheori (GM): XD
The Gravedigger: Would a teleporter make people dry out like this?
Amadi: (to golem) Hello.
Apheori (GM): The golem does nothing.
Gaurav: That is a fantastic porridge avatar.
Frezak (GM): That looks like a flan?
Radek: Did you feel particularly "dried out" on your arrival here?
Amadi: Were you ever even alive?
Apheori (GM): I'd like to see you find a good picture of congealed porridge.
Rhu: Let's keep investigating. If we're out of doors, we'll have to go back to the transporter, but I hope one of them will lead outside.
Amadi: You don't seem like a wordy person.
The Gravedigger: No.
But Mr Mousie's bones got rearranged.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You sense the answer is, in a way, no. And, in a way, yes.
You also sense that the words were there, but now aren't.
Amadi flings some magic unspoken words at the golem.
Amadi:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Gaurav: http://cloverfreak.deviantart.com/art/Evil-Porridge-155073135
Apheori (GM): The words bounce off the golem with sparks.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Amadi: Well, that was pretty.
The Gravedigger: While ours haven't.... yet.
Rhu: Maybe it only works one way. You can teleport here any time you like, but when you try to teleport out ...
Radek: I can say with some certainty that your bones are not liable to be compromised on our way out.
Gaurav: This is genuinely what I imagine Rasputin looks like, down to the sickly yellow colour: http://happinessstanlives.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/img_1639.jpg?w=1200
Apheori (GM): Aside from the colour, yes.
Gaurav: Have you looked inside all the rooms?
we*
Ganelon: Yeah, any more weird corpse stuff going on?
Amadi turns to Greibel to explain: "It's not a word-person. Not like Dave." She pauses, pondering. "No, that's not it, either. Dawn, maybe? Anyway, this is... not wordy. Not now."
Amadi: What do you think, Dawn? Breakfast? Wingy?
Apheori (GM): Nothing weirdly corpsey anywhere else. Some skeletons in an office.
Some more storrooms, one entirely full of rocks.
You think you hear voices down the next corridor.
Frezak (GM): Examine rocks?
Apheori (GM): Also most of the lights are actually on here.
Frezak (GM): VOICES?
Apheori (GM): The rocks are... lots of different kinds.
Voices maybe.
Frezak (GM): Any interesting properties to the rocks?
Fragment 17: Did you put Dawn in the dishwasher?
What is Dawn?
Frezak (GM): like, god for fuel, magnetic, or anthing more special.
Fragment 17: I mean...
Gaurav: Voices!
Amadi: You're Dawn. You might be. You're early, aren't you?
You're not quite Dave, at any rate.
Ganelon: Stealth.
Gaurav: Anybody want to stealth ahead and try to eavesdrop on any conversations?
Ganelon: ...Yeah.
Apheori (GM): A couple are slightly magnetic, there are a lot of porous ones, some shiny ones.
Frezak (GM): Don't ask me to stealth.
Ganelon: Mine's 1.
Frezak (GM): I'm at... -2.
Gaurav: My stealth is +3
haha
I'll try, then.
Fragment 17: And Dave is...?
Frezak (GM): GOOD LUCK
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 stealth check to tiptoe down the corridor and try to listen in on the voices
(
7
)
+3
=
10
Frezak (GM): You'll need it.
Oh dear.
Amadi: You're really full of holes, you know?
Amadi steps up to investigate the fat corpse.
Greibel: Does Dave have holes?
Apheori (GM): What's a passive perception check?
Gaurav: 10+perception modified
Frezak (GM): >.>
Gaurav: it's as if you rolled a 10 on your d20
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You hear someone in the corridor.
Greibel gets quiet
Ellemerr: I'll attempt something magical at this corpse as well.
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+10 perception check on the corridor
(
5
)
+10
=
15
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: It explodes.
Frezak (GM): AWESOME
DO IT AGAIN
Apheori (GM): Corpse bits fly everywhere, but they all bounce off you.
Ellemerr: EW
Bear Soup Guy: WOOO!
Gaurav: Ooof
Ellemerr: Oh good.
Greibel dives down, not having seen the explosion and assuming weapons
Amadi: ... I made holes.
Fragment 17 tiptoes up to Amadi. "What did you do that for?"
Amadi giggles.
Amadi: I just wanted to give him words. Everyone deserves words. I don't think he liked them.
Apheori (GM): So you all are probably more down here.
Frezak (GM): hah!
Apheori (GM): And Rhu is like over there.
And there's a door.
Ganelon: So, did we hear an explosion?
Apheori (GM): Big door.
Double door.
Gaurav: Closed?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
And voices.
Frezak (GM): I KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAN OPEN DOORS
Gaurav: Do I recognize the voices?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
They sound like women.
That's all you can tell for sure.
Roll insight or something.
Rhu motions Radek and Gravy over, signing that there are voices coming from through the door
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 insight check
(
5
)
+5
=
10
Apheori (GM): You probabky heard the explosion.
Frezak (GM): I'll creep closer and use Gravy ears.
rolling 1D20+20
(
16
)
+20
=
36
Fragment 17: The dead give up their words, I think.
Apheori (GM): You hear the fragment.
Greibel: He gave up a lot more than words
Rhu does a "knock?" gesture behind the door, asking the others if they should knock or just barge through like they've been doing for the other doors
Greibel wipes corpse bits off his torso
Amadi: I'm not sure we can do that.
Fragment 17: Are we dead?
Ganelon: I say we break in.
Amadi: Are we alive?
Ganelon: Dramatically.
Frezak (GM): AYE
Fragment 17: That would be the alternative question.
Frezak (GM): Do the doors open towards us or outwards?
Amadi takes a comb out of somewhere and starts brushing her hair.
Rhu nods, and steps up to the door and grabs hold of the handle, ready to pull on it when Gravy is ready
Apheori (GM): Outwards.
Frezak (GM): THen I could just charge 'em open, right?
WE EXAMINE THE HINGES CAREFULLY
Fragment 17 checks her pockets and finds them empty.
Gaurav: Oh right hinges
Apheori (GM): They look like hinges.
Apparently designed to keep things in, rather than out.
Frezak (GM): I'll make sure everyone is ready.
Fragment 17: Do you know where my things are?
Radek nods at Gravy.
Gaurav: so the door opens inwards? or outwards?
Frezak (GM): And charge when Rhu opens a door.
Amadi: Have you tried reaching for them?
Gaurav: inwards would make more sense if they expected to keep people in?
Fragment 17 reaches into the air experimentally.
Rhu nods at Gravy and Radek, and then
Rhu PULLS
The Gravedigger CHARGES
The Gravedigger: HELLO DEATH
Ganelon: MAN DOWN
The sphinx pounces at the Gravedigger.
The Gravedigger: I AM YOUR- oh, hey Greibel.
AAAGH, CAT
EVAC, EVAC!
Greibel: Oh, hi...
Welcome to the BODY ROOM
Apheori (GM): Gravy: There's a cat stuck to you.
Rhu steps quickly around the corner
Frezak (GM): I'll shake it off.
Rhu: Huh?
Greibel: Except well...the bodies are exploded, alive, or abandoned now
Apheori (GM): You'll need to roll.
Rhu: Oh wow.
Frezak (GM): Okay, endurance Vs Fort.
rolling 1D20+9
(
15
)
+9
=
24
Fragment 17 pulls a staff out of the air.
Frezak (GM): That would shake off a Gnoll.
Fragment 17 points it at the newcomers.
Radek: I was starting to wonder if we had the right address.
Apheori (GM): Cats are a lot lighter.
Than gnolls.
Ganelon: Oh, he couldn't lift a gnoll.
But he could un-grab himself.
Amadi fights with a particularly persistent knot in her hair.
Apheori (GM): And that fails to shake off the cat, though now it's dangling by a claw looking very upset.
Rhu: This is an awesome room. I am so glad we had a chance to visit this room.
Mrs. Teatime!
Frezak (GM): I'll lift it to head height.
The Gravedigger: Let go.
Fragment 17 sees how unconcerned Amadi looks and lowers the staff.
Fragment 17 then looks at it more closely, like where the hell did this come from?
Amadi disappears.
Radek: Now this looks interesting...
Gaurav: Have we ever seen Amadi look concerned yet?
Radek: Hey, drug addict, what have you been doing in here?
Gaurav: I think there was a moment while she was alone with Greibel last game
The sphinx falls off.
Rhu: Hi, Devourer. How's it going?
The Gravedigger: More dead people!
Greibel: Resurrecting dead people, apparently
Not bad for a drug addict, I say
The Gravedigger: You can do that?
Wow.
Rhu: Dead people are definitely a theme in this place.
Radek: No, but I know him.
Fragment 17: (to Greibel) Excuse me, are these friends of yours?
Greibel: Oh, everyone, meet....uh....Dave
Fragment 17: Dave?
Greibel: Dave, these are my friend, Gravy, Radek and Rhu
Rhu waves at Dave
Greibel: They're all very nice, except for Radek
Rhu tries to talk to the sphinx again
Fragment 17: Hello.
Do you know what this place is?
The Gravedigger: Full of dead people?
There's tons of death about.
The sphinx watches Rhu.
Fragment 17: Are you dead?
Rhu: We should name it. I like the Corspocalypse myself.
Or the Catacombs.
Oooh, papers.
The Gravedigger: The Coffin!
Full of dead people and made of wood!
Rhu examines the papers on the table
Rhu: ... that works really well actually
Greibel: Coffins aren't really "full of" dead people though.
Fragment 17: I don't think this place is supposed to be a coffin.
Though perhaps it has become a tomb.
Rhu: Oh, there's piles of them about. Piles. There's a room we can refer you to if you want to see them. Also there's a bathtub.
Greibel: Now see, listen to that
Apheori (GM): Bathtub seems like something Amadi would have fun with.
Greibel: Coffins don't have bathtubs, silly
Rhu: We think it might be a teleporter malfunction. Live person gets it, zap, dead person falls out in the storeroom.
The Gravedigger: You haven't seen super fancy coffins, Greibel.
Some of them have televisions.
Greibel pauses in amazement
Radek: Oh yes, it would be a shame if we weren't trying at all possible times to further accelerate the brain decay of our corpses.
Gaurav: Once we're done figuring this place out, our next adventure should be a trip to a coffin expo.
Ganelon: What are the papers about?
Amadi: Can you have pictures in death, if it is devoid of words?
Amadi appears inside the "empty" tank again.
Greibel: Well that is just an excellent question
Apheori (GM): The papers are research notes, grant requests, and other things. They seem to explain why this lab was created.
But then the sphinx sits on them.
Rhu: Excuse me.
Rhu tries to move one of the sphinx's paws so he can look at the papers again
Fragment 17: I think... death is empty. There isn't anything.
If we're dead and dreaming, then we're not really dead.
What is dead?
Rhu: A pile of bodies is pretty dead, I think.
The sphinx hisses at Rhu and then jumps at his face, clawing and biting.
Rhu tries to move the sphinx's paw again.
The Gravedigger: Dead is when your bits stop working.
Rhu: AAAAAA
The Gravedigger: HEY, CAT.
GET OFF RHU.
Fragment 17: My bits... are not working.
Rhu: Is that an attack against reflex or AC?
Gaurav: oops
Amadi: They're really not.
Fragment 17: Reflex.
Gaurav: Roll the attack then.
Fragment 17:
rolling 1d20 + 11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Gaurav: oof
He hits me square in the face.
What's the damage?
Fragment 17:
rolling 1d8 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
Apheori (GM): Sorry.
Frezak (GM): Good lord.
Apheori (GM): But that.
Gaurav: Any effects? Otherwise, it's probably easiest if Rhu falls over backwards and is prone
Fragment 17: You have a sphinx attached to your face.
Apheori (GM): Dammit, wrong character.
Gaurav: haha yes apart from that :-P
Apheori (GM): I guess that's grabbed, but not to much effect because sphinxes are small?
Bear Soup Guy: Although that line does fit the character
The Gravedigger: Get off my friend, cat!
Apheori (GM): So no real effect.
Fragment 17: Ghezrau! No.
Fragment 17 points at the sphinx.
Fragment 17: Get down.
Amadi: It's hungry.
Ganelon: Frezak and I ruled that if you're grabbing a creature significantly larger than yourself, it should either be slowed and take you along with it when it moves, or if it's even bigger, the same without being slowed.
The Gravedigger: Oh, hey, Sandwich Lady.
Fragment 17: Of course it's hungry. It's been trapped for an unending lifetime.
Ganelon: Because it's silly to think you could hold a giant in place, but you could still hold on.
Gaurav: He's not that small, he's, what, 3-4 ft high at the shoulder? I have this written down somewhere.
The sphinx slowly lets go and drops to the floor.
The sphinx: It glares at Rhu.
Dammit.
Apheori (GM): Er, ooc.
Rhu: (to sphinx) Easy, easy.
Amadi climbs out of the tank and saunters over to not-Dave-either.
Apheori (GM): Naw, it's a small sphinx. More like 2-3ft tall.
The sphinx hisses, then grins.
Amadi: Story.
Ganelon: I would like to discern what the research being conducted here was about, while these people are off being silly.
And/or attacked by cats.
Rhu looks at Amadi, then at the sphinx
Rhu: Is that what you want? A story?
Amadi: Hungry.
Gaurav: Is that Amadi or the sphinx?
Ellemerr: Amadi.
The sphinx: Hungry.
Ellemerr: THAT is the sphinx.
Greibel rubs his stomach
Fragment 17: Hungry?
Greibel: Hungry
Gaurav: Okay.
Rhu: Okay.
Um.
The Gravedigger: I have some deerbits?
Rhu tells the sphinx a story about the god Ganesha, how he was created and the first war he fought.
Amadi sits down cross-legged, watching Rhu intently as he talks.
Apheori (GM): Radek: While the sphinx is distracted, you go through the notes. Apparently they were researching an assortment of rifts that had been opening up on several planes. They collected some of what had come through here.
Rhu finishes his story
Rhu: (to sphinx) How was that?
The sphinx: God rats are good eating.
Rhu: Ah. Hm. Okay.
But if you want another story, you'll ask me? And not just jump on my face? That's not really very helpful.
The sphinx was also swaying to the story.
The sphinx stopped when it ended.
The sphinx now just stares at Rhu, then bares another huge unsettling grin.
Ganelon: I'll take the notes.
This seems incredibly relevant.
Rhu: Um. Okay. Great. Good talk.
Fragment 17 strokes the Sphinx absent-mindedly.
Rhu gets up
Rhu: (to Fragment 17) Sorry, you are ... Dave?
Amadi: Could've been. Maybe. I'm not Amadi, either.
Fragment 17: I suppose?
Rhu: He seems to like you. He came back from the City of the Dead with me.
Any ... how to avoid sphinxes jumping on your face advice?
Fragment 17 whispers 'Dave', testing how it sounds.
The Gravedigger: Wear a mask?
Helmet?
Rhu: Just don't travel with a sphinx, maybe.
The Gravedigger: Put it in a box?
Radek: Invisible wards.
The Gravedigger: BURY IT?
Radek: They always do the trick.
The Gravedigger: Boxes are cheaper.
Rhu: What are those?
Fragment 17: Respect the sphinx. Don't try to force it.
They don't like that.
Would you?
The Gravedigger: Like a box, but expensive and then you see an angry cat.
Greibel: He's not angry, he's just grumpy
The Gravedigger: You would if you looked.
Amadi: Cats are words. Full of words. Sphinxes, more so.
Greibel reaches down to pat the sphinx's head
Fragment 17 picks up the sphinx and hugs it.
The Gravedigger: He'd be angry if he was in a box.
Rhu: I guess not? But ... I can trust Greibel and Gravy and Radek to not get distracted while we're fighting something. I don't want to be stuck with an assassin in front of me and an angry sphinx behind me.
Fragment 17: But you are so fluffy and adorable, aren't you?
Radek: Really? You trust Greibel not to get distracted?
Rhu smiles
Rhu: He is pretty adorable for a savage weapon of death.
Amadi: So
So's the shovel.
Rhu: More or less. I'm less certain that he won't turn into a flock of seagulls and just sit there, but I don't think he's going to suddenly turn on me mid-initiative
The Gravedigger: My shovel isn't a weapon of death.
Technically it's a tool of post-death.
Rhu suddenly realizes that we never took the torches off Gravy's horns
Greibel: Pish posh
The Gravedigger: And a dealer of death on the side.
Rhu: Do you want to take those off?
The Gravedigger: Huh?
Greibel: In combat I'd much more likely turn into a bear and just sit there
The Gravedigger: OHHHH
RIIIIIGHT.
The Gravedigger takes off the torches.
Rhu: They suit you thought
The Gravedigger: Couldn't you turn to pigeons and distract people?
Amadi "aaaaaws" with the saddest expression at Gravy's removal of the light.
The Gravedigger: I'm better at being hit.
It's for the better, sandwich lady. The glue makes them itch.
Greibel: But bears are great at not being turned to soup
The Gravedigger: A valuable talent?
Amadi mutters sadly, "You were like a christmas tree. All about the waiting. I wanted a present."
Rhu: (to Greibel) did you come in through the same door we did? Or the other one?
Fragment 17: Aren't you the present?
No, that's not right.
Greibel: Errrrm
Fragment 17: This is terrible. So much almost remembering. So little truth.
Greibel: I came in through...oh dear.
Amadi: Labyrinth. There was a shrine. You should all pray. It may or may not be helpful later.
The Gravedigger: Pray?
Rhu looks confused
Radek: Sensible man.
Rhu: We should pray ... now? Here?
The Gravedigger: I don't pray.
Greibel: You've prayed in more precarious situations than this
The Gravedigger: I've seen countless dead people that prayed.
Amadi: No, silly, at the shrine!
Greibel: (to Rhu)
The Gravedigger: They still ended up in the dirt.
Next to the ones that didn't.
Rhu: Everything dies. It is the dead end Hazz'ridan has in store for us all.
Which shrine, Mrs. Teatime?
Fragment 17 places a hand on Rhu's forehead.
Amadi: The one in the labyrinth. Hazz's ways are all blind, you know? Nothing but a blind way.
Rhu: Er.
Yes
?
Fragment 17: You're like a beacon.
Amadi: Don't poke out your eyes. It's a terrible idea.
Fragment 17: A beacon of dead ends.
The Gravedigger: Labyrinth?
We could just go back down the hall.
Rhu: We don't know where the corridor we were in goes. I don't -- waitaminute.
(to Greibel and Amadi) How did you two get here? Where did you teleport in from?
Amadi: I got in through there.
Amadi points at the empty tank.
Greibel: I got in from the hallway
Rhu: So you teleported into the tank?
Amadi: No. I awoke there. Because he's here.
He's a keeper, you know? Wouldn't wake up anywhere else. Would be silly.
Rhu: Greibel?
Amadi: Chess.
Rhu: No, sorry, I don't play chess.
The Gravedigger: I do.
It's relaxing.
I'm rubbish at it, though.
Fragment 17 heals Rhu somehow and removes her hand.
Gaurav: oooo
Fragment 17 then proceeds to stare at her hand wondering what it just did.
Radek: ...Say, is that what I think it is?
Ganelon: (Warforged)
Rhu looks confused. He reaches up and touches the sphinx scratches on his his head, and is even more confused when there isn't any injury there.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you'd know of them as something that's... mostly common in games, frankly. They're extremely rare.
Gaurav: Games?
Apheori (GM): Videogames.
Gaurav: Oh o.0 That's meta.
Apheori (GM): They're not native to the known worlds, at any rate, but stories made it back and they often wound up in games because who doesn't like hulking construct-like humanoids?
Gaurav: Terrible people, that's who.
Ganelon: Well damn.
That's more interesting to Radek than the babbling of these two clones.
Bear Soup Guy nods
Bear Soup Guy: This world's Michael Bay and J.J. Abrams probably collaborated on a film series about them too
Ganelon: Most things classify as babbling to him.
Gaurav: hahaha
(From Amadi): Do I know videogames, or is that knowledge stuck in another fragment?
Gaurav: "This summer ... a warforged back from the Great War faces the ultimate challenge ... being a nanny to four impossible children."
Bear Soup Guy: XD XD XD
Frezak (GM): And the children are Were-Maggots.
Gaurav: I bet they got an elf to play the warforged
Bear Soup Guy: Most likely
(To Amadi): You totally know videogames. Probably. If you want to.
(To Amadi): But would you know any of these? Perhaps not.
(From Amadi): That fits. Thanks.
Radek: This is a Warforged!
The Gravedigger: A what?
Radek: They're... ugh, of course you wouldn't know.
Rhu: Dave?
Fragment 17: What?
The Gravedigger: What?
Frezak (GM): So Radek plays videogames?
Bear Soup Guy: "Of COURSE you wouldn't know. You didn't play the Japanese import version of War Machines: Full Metal Himanoid. Philistines."
Humanoid even
Frezak (GM): Full Metal Philistines.
Ganelon: Plays, played, or he has a legitimate academic interest in the things.
I mean, he IS an artificer. They're the ones who made the Warforged.
At least in normal 4E.
Apheori (GM): Radek can be familiar with what inspired the games, too.
Well, they're not normal where you all are from.
That's the problem, and why they took off with such a fascination in all those games.
But that would explain why he'd care, too.
Radek: They're... sentient golems.
Rhu: You mean, like in those computer games? Dave's ... a robot?
Bear Soup Guy: :O
Amadi perks up. "Computer games?"
Rhu: o.0
Rhu looks at Dave, then looks back at Radek
Fragment 17 shrugs, looking confused.
Bear Soup Guy: brb
Fragment 17: Oh, I think... he's talking abou the... thing over there.
Fragment 17 points.
Ganelon: So what's up with this one? Is it dead?
Rhu: OH! My bad.
Apheori (GM): Dead or similar.
Rhu wanders over and peers down at the warforged, then wanders back to the table to look at more papers
Apheori (GM): Like all its magic got dispersed, if that's even possible.
Amadi pokes Rhu.
Amadi: What computer games?
Radek: This one's just a shell, though...
Fragment 17: Am I a robot?
Fragment 17 holds up a hand and looks at it oddly.
Ganelon: Could I put a soul in it, assuming I had one?
Amadi: No. You have words in a completely different way than robots. You could've been -in- a robot, I suppose...
Apheori (GM): If that's how they work, then sure?
Ganelon: It serves a purpose equivalent to their brain.
Fragment 17: In?
Ganelon: My point still stands.
Frezak (GM): Normally Warforged are made with artificial souls.
I mean it might have one already in it.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Have you ever played Total War: Passerine? You can lead entire armies of warforged! They're like, robots. Well, sentient golems. I guess.
Amadi: I have... played... uhm.
I think I like the Path?
Frezak (GM): Last time I read about that, there was a warforged thinking he was a little boy and wearing bits of skin on his face because he thought the he had his face on wrong, because why else did he not look like the other people?
Gaurav: How does one procure a soul?
Can we use Mr. Mousie's?
Ganelon: Well, apparently this one is empty.
Of magic, and presumably a soul.
(To Amadi): They should use a soul tomato.
Frezak (GM): YES
RAVE
YOU ARE A GENIUS
(From Amadi): Should I tell them? xD
(To Amadi): It'd fit. If you want?
Gaurav: It'll all end in tears. But there'll be a heck of a lot of laughter right before then.
(To Amadi): Since that's totally from a videogame and everything!
Apheori (GM): Do you have any way to collect an already dead mouse soul and transfer it?
Ganelon: You'll have to tell me that.
I won't make assumptions about how souls work.
Apheori (GM): You're the artificier.
Amadi eyes Radek and the warforged. "So... that thing is from a game... or the game is from that? And Grumpy is trying to make it work?"
Ganelon: Well, that sounds to me like a rather specific kind of tool to be carrying around, so if magic alone can't do it?
Apheori (GM): Let's say mouse souls loiter about the body until they disperse.
Ganelon: I'd have to be a bit more prepared.
Rhu: Who knows. He's pretty good at machines, though, is Radek. He's probably going to fashion a gun out of its arm or something.
Frezak (GM): STOP ARGUING AND DO THIS
Rhu: We are in a lab.
Amadi: He should use a soul tomato.
Amadi nods sagely.
Gaurav: Maybe they have a little CPR machine somewhere.
Radek: Anyone have a soul they want to volunteer?
The Gravedigger: A what?
Radek: I could try to get this thing online with one.
Rhu: Soap?
I think I still have a bar in my backpack somewhere ...
Radek: ...No, Rhu. A soul.
Rhu: o.0
The Gravedigger thrusts the corpse of Mr.Mousie at Radek.
The Gravedigger: HERE.
Fragment 17 holds up a ball of light above her hand.
The Gravedigger: BRING BACK MR MOUSIE.
Fragment 17: What.
Radek: ...A mouse, huh.
Apheori (GM): Then the light goes out and she just looks confused.
Bear Soup Guy: I RETURNED AND CAUGHT UP
The Gravedigger: No.
It's Mr.Mousie.
Apheori (GM): And I guess her name is Dave, so...
Rhu: (to Fragment 17) ... err, did you just make a ball of light?
Fragment 17 is now Dave.
Rhu: ... with your hands?
Radek: Well, can't hurt to try.
Dave: I don't know.
Did I?
Ganelon: First, I want to make sure this body is in working condition, minus the magic.
Rhu: Show me your hands.
Dave holds out the non-sphinx-encmbered hand.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check on Dave's hands to see if I notice any burns or anything odd
(
19
)
+10
=
29
Ganelon: Because it would be pretty rude to put a soul into a paralyzed or otherwise non-functioning body.
Amadi looks interested over Radek's shoulder.
Gaurav: Yes okay THAT i roll a 19 for
Apheori (GM): Aye.
Frezak (GM): SINCE WHEN IS RADEK CARING ABOUT BEING RUDE?
Ganelon: He won't get results if the body can't move!
This is also true.
Gaurav: It's a machine. Radek is very polite to machines.
Ganelon: He likes machines more than you guys.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The hand looks perfect. Slightly disconcertingly so.
Rhu: (to Dave) Has anybody ever told you you have perfect hands?
Like, *perfect* hands.
Something's not right here.
How did you get here, anyway?
Dave: I don't recall that anyone has ever told me anything.
I...
I don't know.
Greibel: I sort of pulled a lever on one of those consoles and she fell out of a tank
Dave: I think I was in a tank. The first thing I remember was her *gestures toward Amadi* leaning over me...
Greibel: And then Amadi....did Amadi things and she woke up
Dave: Oh.
Amadi things.
Amadi: I gave her unspoken words.
Greibel: I don't try to explain them. We're just along for the ride.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
15
)
+11
=
26
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll technical or something.
Amadi looks incredibly proud of herself.
Rhu: Unspoken words? Is that, like, magic?
Dave: What ride?
Greibel gestures around the room
Apheori (GM): Gan: Seems fine. Some odd damage to the head.
Greibel: The most thrilling roller coaster in the universe
Apheori (GM): But all the parts should function.
Amadi: I guess it's like magic in that tomatoes are like strawberries, minus the antlers?
Ganelon: Okay.
Greibel: You're thinking of deer, dear.
The sphinx purrs.
Ganelon: I will attempt to put the mouse's soul...
In this battle-ready golem body.
Amadi: ... Well at least I'm thinking.
Frezak (GM): WHOOO
Rhu: They're not the same thing. A tomato is a botanical berry, but a strawberry is an aggregate accessory fruit.
Amadi keeps looking satisfied with herself.
Rhu: I read that on the internet.
Greibel: That's the spirit!
Dave: The internet has been known to lie.
Amadi: It is known.
Dave: Is it?
Okay. Good.
The Gravedigger: I uh.... move dirt around?
Ganelon: Three arcana thingies?
The Gravedigger: Sorry, felt like I should contribute something.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Roll three thingies!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
11
)
+11
=
22
rolling 1d20+11
(
2
)
+11
=
13
rolling 1d20+11
(
9
)
+11
=
20
Uh oh.
Apheori (GM): Sure!
Amadi: Did he find any soul tomatoes? Is he doing computer games?
Rhu: Oh, is he doing something?
The Gravedigger: He's helping Mr Mousie!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
11
)
+11
=
22
Apheori (GM): Radek: It may or may not have worked. Roll another.
Amadi is still pretty interested in whatever Radek is doing despite conversing with Rhu and not-Dave.
Rhu: With a sentient gollem?
Radek: You raise a good point, actually!
Apheori (GM): You think it worked, but now it's just sitting there.
The Gravedigger: It's not sentient yet!
Radek: We don't classify animals as sentient, so really, we can't call this golem one either.
But it should have worked.
Dave wanders over to look at it as well.
The Gravedigger: Hey! Mr Mousie was really smart!
Radek: I'm... hrm. I'm not sure why it isn't moving.
Dave: The tree-speaker could speak to it.
Rhu gives up on making any sense of the papers, picks up a handful of interesting-looking ones, and shoves them into his backpack. Then he wanders over to the tanks.
Ganelon: I already got a bunch of the papers.
Seemed like research on holes.
The Gravedigger pokes the warforged.
Ganelon: The kind we're after.
The Gravedigger: Mr Mousie?
Radek grumbles.
Amadi leans further over Radek's shoulder for a better look. Then she suddenly topples and falls on him. "To... mato..." she mutters, before giving up a sleeping sound and disappearing.
Dave: Does she always do that?
Ellemerr: This was fun. Treat Dave well. I'll read later. Sweet nightmares.
Apheori (GM): Dream well.
Poor Dave.
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Ellemerr
Radek: Yes. Always.
Gaurav: Byeeeeee!
Sleep well!
Greibel: I wonder where she goes when she isn't with us.
The Gravedigger: To bed?
Greibel: Well, you got me there
Dave: Do you do that?
Greibel: Go to bed? Almost every day.
Radek: Bah.
Rhu: She appeared in one of these tanks just now, and said she'd done it before.
Radek: Sleeping is such a waste of time.
Rhu: I don't know if that means anything.
Greibel: Oh, she was here before.
Ganelon: I have time for one.
Apheori (GM): Is there time for an encounter?
Greibel: She was in the tank and then she left, and then she came back in the tank again.
I think she likes the tank a lot.
Frezak (GM): I do.
Bear Soup Guy: Yep
Frezak (GM): I HEREBY NAME YOU HIPPIE AND GRUMP
UNTIL 0 HP DO YOU PART
Gaurav: Hehe
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: I have to leave in 25 mins, so ... maybe?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Can you get me some stats for the warforged by any chance?
Because it's about to flip out and attack Radek.
Frezak (GM): uh
yeah
Apheori (GM): *kitty eyes*
Frezak (GM): How tough?
Ganelon: Don't give her ideas.
Gaurav: Today is a day for being attacked by animals we love
At least Rasputin is reliable
Apheori (GM): It ain't solo.
Greibel strokes Rasputin
Gaurav: I gotta run for a sec, but I'll be back in 5 mins
Apheori (GM): There will be four other baddies and Dave may put the sphinx down, so it can't be too tough. >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear
It's those skellingtons, ain't it?
Apheori (GM): Maybe.
Bear Soup Guy: I love it when skellingtons just suddenly become alive ^_^
Frezak (GM): Sneding.
It's an L2 elite, so it's tough but not massively.
Gaurav: "put the sphinx down"?
Frezak (GM): That's like "throwing down the gauntlet" ?
Ganelon: One of each.
Gaurav: more huggy skelingtons!
Bear Soup Guy: Someone remind me again while we're waiting
Ganelon: Standard, move, minor.
Bear Soup Guy: How many actions of which type per turn?
Ganelon: You can turn a standard into a move and a move into a minor.
So, until I took a certain feat for example, Radek reloading his weapon was a minor.
Yes.
Gaurav: Plus, we all have one action point each at this point (I think?) which lets you do one more standard action in your turn
Ganelon: He could fire it, reload, and then move.
Or he could skip moving to toss a healing thing at someone.
Frezak (GM): I think Rhu swears his oath as a minor and Greibel changes shape as a minor.
Bear Soup Guy: Yep
I also have, uh
Verdant Bounty?
Ganelon: Oh, I remember that one being cool.
Bear Soup Guy: Wait, that's a utility power
Ganelon: What's it do again?
Bear Soup Guy: Oh it gives us all +5 stealth
Frezak (GM): Wow.
that's great.
Gaurav: Damn.
Frezak (GM): Since we're super bad at stealth.
Bear Soup Guy: By covering us with inconspicuous plantlife
Frezak (GM): QUICKLY
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah
Frezak (GM): COVER YOURSELF WITH THESE LEAVES
Bear Soup Guy: NO ONE WILL NOTICE
Frezak (GM): WE SHALL BE BUSHES IN PLAIN SIGHT
Gaurav: "Hey, where did those guys go? And where did those potted plants come from?"
To be fair, we're fighting skelingtons. They literally don't have a brain.
Bear Soup Guy: True
Frezak (GM): The Warforged does.
Gaurav: Also, back when Rhu wandered over to the tanks, he was going to go examine the skellingtons instead, and I'm so glad he didn't.
Bear Soup Guy: re-animated skellingtons are definitely a desired outcome
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh bloody hell, I've forgotten proneness, combat advantage and marking too
This is actually going to be the first combat I'm involved in since our practice session
Gaurav: don't stress about it
Frezak (GM): Oh, yeah.
We have a great combo, don't we?
With the wolves?
Ganelon: You do.
Apheori (GM): Dumbarse of a computer.
Sorry.
Trying to download it.
Gaurav: almost everything is a +2 one way or another. Prone: people get a +2 to melee you, -2 to shoot you from a distance. Combat advantage: when someone is flanked, opponents get a +2 against them. Marking: usually the marker gets to make an opportunity attack if the markee shoots someone except the person who marked them, but it can vary. Unless you're makring, you don't need to worry about it.
Ganelon: Well, marks also mean a -2 to attacks that don't include the marker.
Gaurav: Since I have to go in 10 mins, feel free to come up with a reason for getting Rhu out of the fight -- maybe he fell into a tank and fell unconscious? Or he stepped out into the hallway and the door locked behind him? I don't mind missing an encounter, and we have Dave to make up for me.
Frezak (GM): Well, maybe we should run it next time.
Apheori (GM): Ghah, sorry.
Frezak (GM): I could talk with Names about making it a balanced encounter.
Numbers and all that.
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Gaurav: Names, Numbers and all that
Ellemerr: What, are you going to make it so that I can join the combat? You are so cruel.
Gaurav: sounds like a sitcom
Frezak (GM): Mathemagics.
Gaurav: hahaha
Frezak (GM): You CAN. Don't HAVE to.
Apheori (GM): Unless someone else wants to cover for Gaurav.
Frezak (GM): I don't have anyone's sheets but mine and the merr's.
Gaurav: My sheet is ... complicated
Doesn't Dave have a sheet?
Apheori (GM): She does. It's rather depressing
.
Gaurav: My sheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19429772/dnd-skype/Rhu.pdf
Hers is probably easier to understand than mine.
Apheori (GM): I can understand hers. >.>
Gaurav: Another option: class ends at 4:45pm MT (1.5 hours from now). I could be back online within 5-10 mins of that.
Bear Soup Guy: I could be here at that time
Frezak (GM): I... could do that.
Gaurav: I wish I could sit at the back and play in class, but ... there's like seven people in this class. It'd be pretty obvious.
Frezak (GM): It'd be... 1 in the morning, though.
So I could do the encounter then slouch off.
THis is a hideous sheet.
Gaurav: It's cheap.
There's only about four powers in there, though: maybe if Frezak has half an hour to peruse it, he can figure out how to play Rhu and then you guys could start in 30 mins instead of 90?
The salient details are:
Avenger
Censure of Pursuit
Gaurav: Training: acrobatics, heal, perception, religion
Feats:
- Invigorating Pursuit (+2 AC, +2 damage until end of next turn when you hit your oath of enmity target with a damage roll)
- (at level 2) Improved Armor of Faith (+1 bonus to AC)
Gaurav: At-will powers:
- Bond of Retribution
- Radiant Vengeance
(-) Might want to switch to Bond of Pursuit at some point?
Encounter:
Gaurav: - Whirlwind Charge
Daily:
- Renewing Strike
Utility:
Gaurav: - Resonant Escape
The sheet should already have all the +s to AC added in. You really only need to remember the Invigorating Pursuit and the powers.
Apheori (GM): Hrrngh I need proper skeletons. >.<
Ellemerr: You have an hour of Frezak to sort it out, don't you?
Frezak (GM): The best kind of hour.
Gaurav: Heh. Okay, class time! I'll be back in 1.5 hours or slightly earlier to finish what we started here.
If somebody could please drop me an e-mail if we're NOT playing then, I'd really appreciate it --> gaurav@ggvaidya.com
(you can also find me on Facebook with that e-mail address if you are so inclined)
see you later today or Tuesday!
Bear Soup Guy: Adios gaur!
Ellemerr: Dream well.
Apheori (GM): Rigt.
h
Gaurav: HULLO
Frezak (GM): HELLO
Apheori (GM): AHAHAH.
Ganelon: Hey.
Gaurav: o.0
Bear Soup Guy: Sadistic laugh!
Apheori (GM): I mean, Ahah.
Gaurav: so
Frezak (GM): So!
Gaurav: A needle pulling thread
Let's do this
There are skellingtons to unskelling.
Bear Soup Guy: a ton of skellings
Frezak (GM): All the skelling.
Apheori (GM): Right, so.
Frezak (GM): BUCKETS
Gaurav: And then I can go and eat delicious food and be extraordinarily productive for the next 4 hours until movie time
Apheori (GM): So what's Radek doing?
Frezak (GM): Being poked by Gravy.
Until he raises Cybermouse.
Bear Soup Guy: Who shall then bring on the cheesepocalypse
Frezak (GM): Rodentolypse.
Ganelon: What's he doing?
He's probably looking at the inactive body of this here rodent 'bot.
Frezak (GM): And being prodded now and then.
Bear Soup Guy: Maybe he forgot to release the handbrake
Gaurav: mousebrake
Frezak (GM): RELEASE THE MANDRAKE
Apheori (GM): Radek: Do something.
Frezak (GM): Reroute power!
The limbic system is superfluous!
It doesn't need the aetheric dampeners either.
Ganelon: Does inspecting the body count?
Frezak (GM): And the Gnosis Engine isn't even plugged in.
Come on, man.
DO SCIENCE
Apheori (GM): It starts twitching.
Radek: Ahah!
The Gravedigger: Mr MOUSIE
The sphinx jumps down and sits on it.
The Gravedigger: Hey!
You get off Mr Mousie!
The sphinx rolls off the mouseforged and starts sliding around the floor on its back.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check on these tanks while those people do strange terrible things
(
3
)
+12
=
15
"mouseforged" HA perfect
Apheori (GM): http://25.media.tumblr.com/9297925c9a2f35c96cf092ec337ff268/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo5_400.gif
LIKE SO.
Frezak came up with that. Mouseforged.
Gaurav: Apheori: your database of cat gifs is frightening
Apheori (GM): Someome made a post full of them.
Ganelon: You would think the wings might get in the way.
Apheori (GM): And i just thought SPHINX.
It uses the wings to move.
Gaurav: Do you have a link to that post?
Apheori (GM): Well, move more.
Your perception discerns that they're all the same size and Gravy wouldn't fit in one.
Gaurav: I can believe that. A study in the UK found that tying a bell around a cat's neck made no difference to its ability to hunt. Cats are frightening creatures.
No hints of what the tanks might have been originally intended for, or what they're intended for here?
Apheori (GM): http://lionsilverwolf.tumblr.com/post/59177122258/cageyshick05-221cbakerstreet
The Gravedigger: Come on, Mr Mousie!
Apheori (GM): They're there to hold things!
The Gravedigger: You can do it!
Radek: It might take some time for him to comprehend bipedal movement.
Or, really, anything else about this new body.
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged roars and starts flailing about.
The Gravedigger: Calm down, Mr Mousie!
The Gravedigger makes soothing mouse noises*
Apheori (GM): It bounces a bit away.
Then it stops and starts to get up.
And then falls over.
Frezak (GM): I'll try to help it up.
Rhu walks back to the group
Rhu: So this is a sentient gollem, then?
Radek: Only if you consider a mouse sentient.
Apheori (GM): Gravy gets it onto its feet. It stands there swaying for a moment, and then swings at him.
The sphinx, meanwhile, flips out and runs away.
The Gravedigger: Hey!
Bad Mousie!
Rhu: (to Dave, re: the sphinx) Do you think he's okay?
Dave: Is this not normal behaviour?
Radek: Well, ah...
Rhu: I don't kn-- what the?
Apheori (GM): Sorry, icons are hard.
Radek: They're built for combat, but aren't necessarily motivated to attack people.
Gaurav: The flamey one was fun.
Rhu: Oh, hey, you got the robot working.
Radek: Of course I did.
Apheori (GM): You hear groaning.
Gaurav: From where?
Apheori (GM): The dead bloated elf is suddenly getting up too.
The Gravedigger: This looks bad.
SHOVEL TIME
Rhu: Er ...
Apheori (GM): The the sphinx runs away from something... back toward the mouse.
Greibel: Ummm
The Gravedigger: HAVE AT THEE, MONSTER
Greibel: They're with you, right Dave?
Apheori (GM): Initiative everyone.
Dave: With?
I'm afraid I have no idea what's going on.
Rhu:
rolling d20+3
(
16
)
+3
=
19
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+1
(
17
)
+1
=
18
Ganelon: I think...
Yeah, these tokens are using outdated health stuff.
Frezak (GM): 9
Ganelon: Or at least mine is. It should be level 2.
rolling 1d20+1
(
3
)
+1
=
4
Greibel: You have to change your token's thingies, I think
Ganelon: I tried. It won't save.
Greibel: O_o
Frezak (GM): You have full permissions.
Dave:
rolling 1d20 +1
(
9
)
+1
=
10
Bear Soup Guy: Permitted to KICK ASS
Ganelon: I'm tellin' you.
It's stuck on 23.
There we go.
Apheori (GM): How do you figure out what something's initiative bonus is?
Frezak (GM): Dex mod + 1/2 level.
Ganelon: Monster stats should have it near the top.
Otherwise, that.
Frezak (GM): Also that.
Gaurav: Do I need to do something to add myself to the turn order?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20-1
(
2
)
-1
=
1
Ganelon: No, that's on the DM.
Gaurav: cool, thanks!
Frezak (GM): Actually, there's a macro for you do it yourself.
Bear Soup Guy: Mouse golem is clearly disoriented
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
20
)
+8
=
28
rolling 1d20 + 7
(
16
)
+7
=
23
Bear Soup Guy: And the sphinx is cool as the other side of the pillow, awwww yeah
Gaurav: lightning-fast reflexes
Apheori (GM): Dude, you have no idea.
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
13
)
+4
=
17
Gaurav: Cat goes first
Frezak (GM): CAT
INVOKE THE DARK GODS
Bear Soup Guy: as it should be
Apheori (GM): Oh gods.
The cat runs away.
Frezak (GM): Thanks, cat.
Apheori (GM): Next.
Oh.
Mousie.
Rhu gives Devourer a disappointed look
Bear Soup Guy: "You had such promise! You were the chosen one!"
Frezak (GM): Mousie!
Help me defeat these abominations!
USE SCIENCE TO DEFEND NATURE
Apheori (GM): Mouseforged attacks Gravy.
Frezak (GM): nooooooooooooo
Gaurav: >.<
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 +8 vs ac
(
15
)
+8
=
23
Frezak (GM): oh, yeah.
I only have 20 AC.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
Frezak (GM): ow
Apheori (GM): Then it runs away too.
Gaurav: Like cat like mouse
Frezak (GM): What kind of move?
Apheori (GM): Flailing.
Frezak (GM): Is it a shift?
Apheori (GM): No.
Frezak (GM): Then I WILL STRIKE IT DOWN
rolling 1D20+9
(
4
)
+9
=
13
VS AC
Or... not.
Apheori (GM): Miss.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Apheori (GM): It's now with the sphinx.
Rhu: Okay. On the plus side, everything seems to be running away from us.
Ganelon: Do your ridiculous anti-undead thing!
Apheori (GM): Wait, how do auras work, again?
Ganelon: If you're in it, it is affecting you.
If it applies a thing, that thing is applied at the start of your turn.
So you could run past a guy with an aura that's like "do 5 damage" and not be hurt.
Apheori (GM): Tosh.
Ganelon: But I'm pretty sure if it's like "you get a penalty to attacks", that applies right away.
Is that correct?
Frezak (GM): It specifies in the aura when it applies.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Rhu: Gan: I think I should hold on to my encounter powers until we know which are the most powerful foes here.
Frezak (GM): Zombies tend to have more HP.
Typically.
Being meatier.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, quick question
Frezak (GM): Maybe go solo the skeleton behind the desk?
Bear Soup Guy: With encounter powers, is it each encounter power can only be used once per, or only one of any encounter power?
Frezak (GM): Each.
Gaurav: Gah. I didn't see the skeleton behind us.
Ganelon: Each one, only once.
Bear Soup Guy: Right-o cool
Ganelon: And yes, saving encounter powers is potentially a good tactical decision.
Unless you're a monk.
Frezak (GM): What are the requirements for you to get your oath reroll, Rhu?
Ganelon: The gates of battle wait for no man.
Frezak (GM): Or Kobold.
Gaurav: As far as I know, I can't switch oath targets until my oath target reaches 0 HP
Frezak (GM): But what are the conditions for it to be useful?
It's something about isolation.
Can't recall if it's no other allies, or no other enemies.
Apheori (GM): How do you get health bars?
Gaurav: no other enemies
Frezak (GM): You go into the monster properties and add the second number next to it.
Then go for the guy beinhd the desk.
Ganelon: The token needs a max health value as well as a current.
Apheori (GM): Monster properties?
Gaurav: if I melee my oath target while there is no other enemy next to me, I can roll two attack dies and use either result
Ganelon: If you want us to see it too, then you need to make sure "show" is on.
Token properties.
Frezak (GM): Token properties.
Apheori (GM): How do you get to it?
Ganelon: Click on a token and then the gear.
Apheori (GM): Ah. >.<
Gaurav: I thought you normally only know enemy's "bloodied" status? getting their actual HP would help our strategy a LOT.
which would make the encounter less fun imo
Frezak (GM): Nah, we don't get to know that.
Apheori (GM): What are green and blue?
Ganelon: Well, an HP bar is measured in percentages.
Whatever you want, miss.
Gaurav: oh I see, its not visible to us
cool
Ganelon: And also.
Frezak (GM): You put what you like for whatever colour.
Ganelon: They don't need to have us see the bar.
I've done GM stuff in this interface too and you can make the bars only visible to you.
Frezak (GM): I tend to use a red bar for HP, blue number is monster XP value, green is AP (if any)
Apheori (GM): Okay.
RHU. DO STUFF.
Gaurav: Aye aye cap'n
Move: 3 squares
Actually, make that four squares
Frezak (GM): TEAM
GANK
SLAY!
Gaurav: hahahaha
Frezak (GM): MURRRRRDER
Gaurav: is this a flank?
Frezak (GM): Nope.
Flank is having someone on the opposite side
Gaurav: Minor: Oath of Enmity against the corpulent elf
Rhu: Fuck you, elf.
Frezak (GM): That's some oath :P
Gaurav: Standard: I lift up my maul and attack the elf with the Bond of Retribution
Bear Soup Guy: I might be a minute, my neighbor is here wanting me to do some stupid thing
Frezak (GM): KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Bear Soup Guy: KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Frezak (GM): KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 Wisdom vs AC
(
17
)
+5
=
22
Gaurav: KILL THE WABBIT
er
neighbour
Apheori (GM): Hits.
Gaurav: Coulda rerolled it if it hadn't :)
Frezak (GM): KILL WABBIT NEIGHBOUR
Gaurav:
rolling 2d6+4 radiant damage
(
2
+
5
)
+4
=
11
Frezak (GM): RADIANT
Delicious.
Apheori (GM): You hurt it.
Gaurav: the first time an enemy other than the elf hits or misses me BEFORE the end of my next turn, the target takes +2 radiant damage
Apheori (GM): What's the emphasis on before for?
Gaurav: just to remind me of when it expires
Frezak (GM): Because it's important.
Gaurav: "end" is more important than "before" in that sentence, I guess
okay, I'm done
Apheori (GM): Is Rob back?
Frezak (GM): Oh, yeah. BSG has a name, too.
Gaurav: Oh, in case I forget, I also gain a bonus if my oath target (the elf) moves away from me willingly
Frezak (GM): niice
Gaurav: OH also
Frezak (GM): Avengers, man.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay sorry, I'm back
Gaurav: every time I hit my oath target, I get AC +2 and damage +2 until the end of my next turn
whee!
Frezak (GM): Man.
Ganelon: So there's where all the strikerness comes from.
Apheori (GM): Pity the sphinx started out freaked out.
It could totally have countered that.
Frezak (GM): So, what can Greibel do?
Gaurav: SAVE THE DAY
Bear Soup Guy: I'm thinking I'll move down a couple squares and range attack some skellingtons?
or move right
Frezak (GM): Don't you have that dicky firehawk thing?
Gaurav: "dicky firehawk"?
Bear Soup Guy: I do have that dicky firehawk thing
Frezak (GM): DICKBIRD OF FLAME
What's your other at-will?
Ganelon: Okay, imagine a hawk made of fire.
Frezak (GM): It's a flaming winged penis.
Bear Soup Guy: and I also have Fairie Fire which can fuck some enemies up
Ganelon: And it's the most despicable jerk you've ever known.
Gaurav: o.0
Ganelon: That's the Firehawk.
Gaurav: Do you have any area attacks? It'd be great to hit either corner with that
Frezak (GM): Can you slow things?
Gaurav: Or if you can set up a defensive barrier
Bear Soup Guy: I have so many attacks
Let me see
Gaurav: Is BSG's character sheet online somewhere?
Bear Soup Guy: Firehawk and Thorn Whip are range 10 at will
Frezak (GM): Yeah, bring out the bird.
Hurt something!
Bear Soup Guy: HURT
Frezak (GM): PAIn
FLAME
GAME
Gaurav: Wait.
Bear Soup Guy: MOVING THREE SQUARES
Gaurav: I don't think you should move right in between two sets of enemies
Bear Soup Guy: Well that's a good point
Frezak (GM): The mouseforged is fleeing.
Or, was.
Ganelon: No, it's flailing.
Gaurav: Right, but we're blocking its path to the door somewhat. It might panic and run the other way.
Frezak (GM): It's a mouse.
It's really no smart.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, now I'm here and protected by sciency tanks that totally won't blow up when I fling a fire bird past them
Frezak (GM): It might try to hide under a table.
Totes.
Trust teh tanks.
Gaurav: oooh
that'll be fun
Frezak (GM): DICKFIREBIRD
Bear Soup Guy: RIGHT
So
rolling 1d20+5 I think
(
16
)
+5
=
21
Apheori (GM): Excellent point.
Whazzat do?
Bear Soup Guy: It's to check for a hit I think
Frezak (GM): IT BURNS
ALSO DICKS.
Apheori (GM): Against what?
Gaurav: It should say something like "Wisdom vs AC"
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right
Ganelon: Did you pick a target?
Bear Soup Guy: The skellington standing above the other one
Apheori (GM): Mr. Headless.
It hits.
Gaurav: heh. "The skellington dancing right instead of left"
Bear Soup Guy: indeed
Ganelon: Man, I'll bet he uses the firehawk to light his smokes, too.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY HIT
=D
rolling 1d8+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Oh bollocks
And it's uh...wisdom vs. reflex
Frezak (GM): You hit, that's the important thing.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY HIT
Gaurav: Yeah, 5 isn't bad
Bear Soup Guy: Okay and I have that other secondary attack
Ganelon: Now he can make the same attack again if the target does anything that would provoke an opportunity attack.
Frezak (GM): So, if it makes a non-shift move or a ranged attack, he gets to firebird it again.
Bear Soup Guy: http://gyazo.com/033ab9766f613f6a99bd3a9d54e8e095
Ah okay cool
And I don't have any minors other than turning into an animal, unless we all need +5 stealth for some reason
Gaurav: Don't ranged attacks only give you an opportunity attack if you're standing next to it?
Frezak (GM): Yep.
But the bid sort of counts as a creature next to the target.
Except you can't attack it.
Bear Soup Guy: the opp is ranged too also
if that means anything
Frezak (GM): Because it's a flying, flaming dick.
Apheori (GM): A shift is one square, right?
Frezak (GM): yep.
Apheori (GM): Done, then?
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, that should do for that turn
Apheori (GM): So it moves, so you get an attack.
Frezak (GM): Flaaaames
Bear Soup Guy: Wheeeeeeeeeeee
rolling 1d20+5 vs. reflex (that IS relevant, right?)
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Frezak (GM): Gah!
Bear Soup Guy: NOOOOOOOOOOO
Frezak (GM): GET BETTER DICKBIRDFLAMES
Bear Soup Guy: They need dickbirdflame cialis
Apheori (GM): You wrecked your bird. >.<
Gaurav: Greibel would have launched this second attack when the skeleton started moving, right?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
18
)
+6
=
24
Frezak (GM): aaaagh
doom skeletons!
Apheori (GM): Er, that was +5, not 6. vs fortitude.
Gaurav: Oh, but if the bird is separate from him, then launching a ranged attack won't give the skeleton a +2 anyway. Never mind.
Bear Soup Guy: that's a hit
Gaurav: vs *fortitude*?! yikes.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2
(
3
)
+2
=
5
5 damage and pushed back a square.
Frezak (GM): oof
BLUDGERS
Gaurav: What is that attack called? It looks like fun. And by fun I mean "ow".
Apheori (GM): Forward the Line
Gaurav: nice
Frezak (GM): IT LOOKS LIKE PAIN
Bear Soup Guy: It's quick bracing
quite rather
Apheori (GM): So other skeleton moves up to Greibel and tries to stab him.
rolling 1d20 + 6 vs ac
(
6
)
+6
=
12
Bear Soup Guy: Miss
Gaurav: yay!
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): Nimble drug dodge.
go with the flowwwww
Apheori (GM): Dave blasts the skeletons with fuck if she knows what.
Gaurav: Wait. What's Dave's AC like?
Can she get into people's faces or does she need to hang back?
Apheori (GM): She doesn't know.
Neither do you.
Gaurav: ah, fun
oh well, one way to find out!
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
2
)
+8
=
10
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
4
)
+8
=
12
Ganelon: Well, unless she's a monk or vampire, odds are the lack armor means her AC is pretty bad.
Apheori (GM): She misses both.
Ganelon: Lack of armor.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, her armour's probably still in the box.
Gravy.
You're up.
Gaurav: So it looks like Skellington The Third is going to sneak in and attack Radek and Dave before they can respond. Which is fine, as long as Rhu, Gravy and Greibel can keep the others out of the central area.
Frezak (GM): Greibel dodge.
http://flakypastry.runningwithpencils.com/comic.php?strip_id=379
Ganelon: I'm pretty okay in close quarters.
Frezak (GM): OKAY.
Gaurav: Frezak: hahaHA
Ganelon: For a guy who uses a long-range rifle, at least.
Frezak (GM): I sould go run help Greibel?
I'm best at standing in the thick of things.
Gaurav: If you're sure the cat and the mouse are just going to sit in the corner, then that's totally fine. Otherwise, we might want to hold the line here.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, I think the stuff up there is probably more pressing than the lowly skellingtons
Frezak (GM): Right-o.
I'll mark the zomble.
And then bring forth the Weight Of Earth.
rolling 1D20+7
(
6
)
+7
=
13
VS AC.
gorram.
Frezak (GM): Apparently the earth isn't that weighty.
Apheori (GM): So close.
Gaurav: this is an at-will, right?
Frezak (GM): yup
It just slows.
Gaurav: I can let you re-roll an attack against my oath target, but only once per encounter
Frezak (GM): Nah, not worth it.
The important thing is the Mark.
Turn over.
So it has -2 to attacks that don't include me.
Apheori (GM): The other skeleton tries to climb over the desk.
It doesn't work. It falls on the ground on the other side.
Gaurav: ha HA
Apheori (GM): Radek.
Bear Soup Guy: Silly skeleton
Ganelon: Hm.
Gaurav: is the skeleton prone?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
This icon?
Frezak (GM): OOOOH
yes
Ganelon: What do you guys think?
Gaurav: What are the two icons on the elf? Which one is the Mark?
Frezak (GM): BOunce the skelly off Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Heart is mark.
Frezak (GM): Swords seemed oath-y
Ganelon: Okay then.
Gaurav: do you have area attacks?
Ganelon: Nah, that's not a very leader-y thing to do.
I have attacks that buff people, heals, and can hit stuff from ridiculous ranges if need be.
Frezak (GM): Thunderise the stoner.
With Rhu, we have this guy locked down.
Ganelon: I also have the eyebot which basically just gives you damage for doing damage.
Okay.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
9
)
+5+1+0
=
15
It's that against fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Works.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5 Force
(
1
)
+5
=
6
That much Greibel gets a +1 to his AC until the end of my next turn, and the skelly gets pushed 1.
Gaurav: How's your HP? You could move between Dave and Greibel so they can keep you safe from opportunity attacks.
Ganelon: In this case push him down 1.
Thanks.
Gaurav: nice!
Ganelon: Radek actually has respectable AC.
He can take a hit.
Gaurav: sweet.
Ganelon: So I'll sit here.
And end turn.
Apheori (GM): Hiding behind the unarmoured lass?
Frezak (GM): COME GET SOME, ZOMBIE.
Ganelon: Hiding?
The prone skelly can't stand and attack in the same turn.
Apheori (GM): Zombie tries to slam Gravy.
Ganelon: Either it's got a -2 to hit her or she's totally safe.
Gaurav: If things get bad, we'll need Radek alive so he can keep us alive. We don't knw if Dave can help us there yet.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
10
)
+6
=
16
vs ac
Frezak (GM): Nope.
I mock it's feeble attempt.
The Gravedigger: Thbrrrrrt
Apheori (GM): Zombie emits a horrible smell.
Rhu: Ugh.
Frezak (GM): SMELLL
AAGH
Apheori (GM): All of you next to it can now take a -2 penalty to attack rolls because of the horrible smell.
Frezak (GM): ew
Bear Soup Guy: Insidious!
Gaurav: Save ends?
Frezak (GM): Sounds like an aura 1, since it didn't roll.
Apheori (GM): That.
Gaurav: Hm.
Apheori (GM): But it might go away again. It wasn't an issue before.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Gaurav: Cat and mouse time.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Cat walks past a bunch of things.
Problem is I'm not sure how this works.
Basically it's going to trip everything it passes - what would determine if it works?
Frezak (GM): It'd have to make an attack.
Unless you just decide that it can't be evaded/resisted.
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Gaurav: Couldn't the things it passes make opportunity attacks on it as it goes by?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Gaurav: Do opportunity attacks during movement end the move?
Ganelon: No.
Frezak (GM): Nah.
Ganelon: Only Fighters can do that.
Frezak (GM): That.
Well, and me.
Since my oppie prones.
Gaurav: WOAH
nice
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
2
)
+10
=
12
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
4
)
+10
=
14
So zombie and mouseforged both saved.
How does the zombie oppotunity attack?
Halp.
Is an opportunity attack just a normal attack?
Frezak (GM): It's a power with a circle around the icon
For him, it's Slam.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6 vs ac on the sphinx...
(
12
)
+6
=
18
Okay, sphinx continues., weaving through everyone's legs.
Gravy: Do you want to attack the sphinx?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Same question.
Gaurav: Yes.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Apheori (GM): Great. Opportunity attacks from both of you.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9-2
(
1
)
+9-2
=
8
VS AC
gah!
Gaurav: That's just a basic weapon melee attack, right?
Frezak (GM): I'm so bad.
Yes.
Gaurav:
rolling d20+3 vs AC
(
13
)
+3
=
16
Frezak (GM): and -2 from stench.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: ah yes that too
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
15
)
+10
=
25
Frezak (GM): uh-oh.
Apheori (GM): vs reflex on gravy
Frezak (GM): *thud*
Gaurav: woah
what just happened?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10 vs reflex on Rhu
(
14
)
+10
=
24
Sphinx tripped him.
Gaurav: ha, not even close
am I tripped too?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Gaurav: too bad Devourer didn't trip the elf too
Frezak (GM): This cat is nothing but pain.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx will now sit on the proned skeleton's face.
And... uh... grin at Geibel.
Rhu: Hey, Dave! Can you get that crazy cat under control?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
11
)
+5
=
16
The Gravedigger: This cat is getting very upsetting.
Apheori (GM): But the grin has no effect on Greibel.
Rhu: He seems scared. This is not a good time to be scared, though.
Dave: What just happened?
The Gravedigger: That cat is trying to get us killed, that's what.
Apheori (GM): Mouseforged will... run up to the zombie and attack it.
Gaurav: Would the trip count as a "hit or miss"?
Frezak (GM): Um.
Probably.
Gaurav: I think not, since I assume hit or miss implies a damage roll
Frezak (GM): No, hit or miss is an attack roll.
Gaurav: on the other hand, we need all the help we can get
okay, then
the sphinx gets +2 radiant damage
Frezak (GM): Hah!
Apheori (GM): It may kill you some day.
Gaurav: because of my bond of retribution against the elf
Frezak (GM): I might try and kill IT before it kills us all.
Ganelon: We could attempt to trick it with explosives.
Frezak (GM): Shh, you.
Gaurav: strictly speaking, the attack came from my previous attack, not from me.
but I don't suppose the cat cares for such subtleties
Frezak (GM): Actually... wrap the bomb in a storybook.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8 vs ac on zombie...
(
12
)
+8
=
20
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Gaurav: Yay!
Frezak (GM): And i'll hit what's left with a shovel until it stops moving.
Apheori (GM): Rhu.
Frezak (GM): STAND UP AND KILL THIS THING
Rhu: Okay, so: should I focus on the zombie or double back and help with the skellingtons?
Frezak (GM): Kill this.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm planning to use my daily on the skellingtons
Frezak (GM): Hey, you get a flank with Mousie.
Rhu: okay. but not yet time for encounter attacks yet, right?
Bear Soup Guy: Which will either be piss weak or soul-shattering
Frezak (GM): Sure, use Encounter powers.
Rhu: are you sure? that was a very weak attack from it last time. I think the skellintons are going to be more challenging. And Hazz'ridan help us if we can't control the cat.
Apheori (GM): With flanks, do things need to be allies?
Gaurav: Standing up is ... a minor?
Frezak (GM): Nope, thing just needs to be an enemy of your target.
Move action to stand.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: I can dream.
Move action: stand up.
Standard action: Abjure Undead
this only works if this guy is undead btw
Apheori (GM): This is what the cat did with everyone's legs, incidentally. http://31.media.tumblr.com/649a146c2b13764bd9af9af575962275/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo1_400.gif
Gaurav: Fancy.
Apheori (GM): And no, I swear I am not trying to incorporate the entire gifset into this.
It's undead.
Whatsit
?
Gaurav:
rolling d20+5 wisdom vs will
(
8
)
+5
=
13
-2 for stench, +2 for flank, I think?
Apheori (GM): Don't hit.
Ganelon: Reroll it!
Frezak (GM): OATH POWA
Gaurav: I can't do a free reroll, since that's only for melee attacks. I can spend my encounter power which lets any of us reroll against my oath of enmity.
Frezak (GM): damn.
Ganelon: Well, this is a big hitting power, no?
Gaurav: ordinarily, I'd say, yea, because this attack is really good (3d10). But! It works half-damage on fails. (3d10/2 should be good enoguh, right?)
Frezak (GM): Yeah, save the reroll.
Gaurav: excellent
so on miss, I do half damage and pull the target 1 square
rolling 3d10+4 half damage
(
3
+
6
+
3
)
+4
=
16
+2 damage from invigorating pursuit
Frezak (GM): oh, wow!
Apheori (GM): It's dead.
Frezak (GM): splat!
Gaurav: hehehehehe
god I love this power
AAAAAND i still have a minor left
who should I oath of enmity now?
I don't want to oath the cat
Apheori (GM): Bahahah.
No, you really don't.
Frezak (GM): Not yet.
Ganelon: I'm tempted to say "the cat just so it knows what's up", but yeah.
Apheori (GM): It WILL kill you.
...unless it doesn't.
Frezak (GM): I'd just be happy with it fucking us up.
Or... not fucking us up.
That would also be nice.
Gaurav: Can I set up the minor on a trigger? Like, can I say I invoke it on the next skeleton to attack any of us?
okay wait hang on
Ganelon: Nah, that would take a standard.
Gaurav: I did 10 damage to the elf
Ganelon: But if you do it to the next skeleton in the initiative order, that's nearly the same.
Gaurav: not 14. you have to take half of that.
not 16* (half + 2)
Apheori (GM): Hmph.
Frezak (GM): And another 5.
because radiant.
Apheori (GM): HOW MUCH DAMAGE WAS IT?
Frezak (GM): 10 radiant.
Gaurav: oh?
Frezak (GM): It should have vulnerable.. 5.
Gaurav: 10 radiant confirmed
Frezak (GM): So end damage would be 15.
Apheori (GM): What.
Half of ten?
Or ten after it's half?
Or half of 15?
Frezak (GM): Ten after it was halved.
Apheori (GM): Ten total?
Including vulnerability
Gaurav: I rolled 16 radiant damage. Half of that is 8. Then I added a +2 because of other effects. So 10 radiant damage.
Apheori (GM): ?
Frezak (GM): 15 total, including vulnerability.
Gaurav: I don't know about vulnerability.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
It's still alive, then.
Frezak (GM): Crud.
Gaurav: And I still have a minor.
Should I spend an action point and finish him?
Ganelon: We should be okay.
Frezak (GM): save it
Gaurav: Okay. Then I'll skip my minor. End of turn.
Apheori (GM): Greibel!
Bear Soup Guy: Okay!
Questions again (sorry)
http://gyazo.com/6f720919b620cb58764ce35b0797713f on this, am I right in assuming that if I cast this at one of those skellingtons, it will hit the other because it's within one, and also, if it does hit both, do I roll attack versus their will for each of them or just roll one and compare it to both?
Or not even roll it for the one getting the area effect
Frezak (GM): You roll one attack per target.
the area you target is a 3X3 zone with a center within 10 squares of you.
so you can do this
Bear Soup Guy: I WILL DO THIS
Ah, thank you disembodies box drawer!
Gaurav: once anybody uses a daily, we'll want to take a rest to recharge them, but that's probably a good idea at this point anyway
Bear Soup Guy: I figure we get into combat so little that it's probably not a huge deal to use it at this point
Ganelon: Too true.
Bear Soup Guy: Right, okay
rolling 1d20+5 vs will of skellington on the right
(
14
)
+5
=
19
rolling 1d20+5 vs will of skellinton on the left
(
12
)
+5
=
17
Apheori (GM): Bam bam.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
rolling 3d6+4
(
2
+
2
+
4
)
+4
=
12
Ganelon: Whoa, whoa.
You don't do that yet.
Frezak (GM): what?
Bear Soup Guy: Bollocks!
Frezak (GM): He rolled, he hit, he rolled.
Ganelon: It's damage as an aftereffec.
Frezak (GM): What?
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dang
Good catch, so it is
Ganelon: The hit is "SE slowed and grants CA"
The aftereffect is 3d6.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes
Ganelon: Meaning when they succeed against the slow, they get burned.
Gaurav: WOAH
Bear Soup Guy: That's still pretty cool anyway
Gaurav: that is dark magic
Apheori (GM): Slugs?
Ganelon: It is pretty cool.
Only trouble is, what if you want the damage now?
Frezak (GM): Bah, they're barely scratched.
Bear Soup Guy: So, do they need to succeed against the slow to do anything, or specific things?
Gaurav: This is one of those Greibel-turns-around-and-lights-a-cigarette, the-skeletons-slowly-walk-up-to-him,-then-fall-apart-as-the-aftereffect-hits kind of thing, huh
Bear Soup Guy: XD
That is just exactly what this is
Ganelon: When they succeed against the slow, it explodes
Bear Soup Guy: Yes, but what are the limitations of the slow
Ganelon: Oh.
Speed is 2.
Bear Soup Guy: And they roll to succeed?
Ganelon: At the end of each turn, they roll to stop being slowed.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, okay. Got it
Ganelon: Everyone also has combat advantage against them, so +2 to hit.
Bear Soup Guy: So now I'll move a bit
And if they're still alive after they get burned, combat advantage again
Ganelon: Yep.
Really fun for rogues.
Bear Soup Guy hugs the power
Gaurav: Can you put an icon on them to remind us that we have combat advantage?
Apheori (GM): Skeleton goes after Radek, then.
What does combat advantage actually mean here?
Ganelon: COME GET ME
It means weird faerie fires are distracting the skellies from... defending themselves properly.
Gaurav: +2 to attack rolls, I think
Ganelon: Against them, yes.
Gaurav: ha, yes, that's an important distinction
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 +5 vs fort
(
18
)
+5
=
23
Ganelon: My old man fortitude is not greater than 23.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2 damage, and pushes him back 1
(
5
)
+2
=
7
Other skeleton tries to do the same, then...
rolling 1d20 +5 vs fort
(
19
)
+5
=
24
Ganelon: Hold on.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: eeks
Ganelon: First one rolls a d20.
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
Ganelon: If it's 10 or more, it saves from the slow thing.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d2
(
1
)
=
1
Ganelon: That was a 1d2.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Ganelon: Fair enough.
Gaurav: haha
Bear Soup Guy: Which is an impossible die, by the way
Ganelon: It's a coin.
Bear Soup Guy: I guess a d2 is a co- yeah
Frezak (GM): Except coin has THE EDGE
Ganelon: Anyway, the second one is also a hit.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2 damage, and pushes him back 1
(
2
)
+2
=
4
Frezak (GM): Dont worry, old man.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Frezak (GM): I got this.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: That one tries to save too
Rhu: Dave! The cat!
Gaurav: Oh, right.
Ganelon: It did and failed.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh sorry, missed that
Apheori (GM): So Dave shoots the sphinx an annoyed look, but then tries blasting the skeletons again....
Does she get the combat advantage bonus too?
Ganelon: Yep.
Even enemies would.
Er.
Allies of the skeleton.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
14
)
+6
=
20
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Er, +2 for both, but that changes nothing.
Wait, what does 5 triangular symbol mean?
Blast.
Frezak (GM): What?
Ganelon: Meaning, it's a 5x5 but must be in a square adjacent to dave.
So like that.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Gaurav: Oof. That is perfect.
Ganelon: It also doesn't provoke opportunity attacks.
Apheori (GM): So if she'd moved first she could have hit the other one too.
Ganelon: Does it target allies?
Apheori (GM): Naw.
Ganelon: Then yeah.
This would have worked if she shifted.
But whatever.
She's new to this.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 10
(
8
)
+10
=
18
Ganelon: +10?
Wow.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
And then she shifts over to the sphinx and picks it up.
Gaurav: YAY
Apheori (GM): But first an attack of opportunity.
Wait, nevermind.
She shifted.
Gravy.
Frezak (GM): Move: stand.
I trust Rhu can finish this guy.
Gaurav: Especially if Mr. Mousie stays with us, yes.
Frezak (GM): Zombie makes an oppie as I being to charge.
*begin to charge
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
11
)
+6
=
17
ac
Frezak (GM): Too slow!
And I take a few steps...
and LEAP OVER RADEK.
Except I just charge through his square.
Goring charge on this skellington.
rolling 1D20+9+1+2
(
10
)
+9+1+2
=
22
Frezak (GM): VS AC
Apheori (GM): Hit.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4 and prone.
(
6
)
+4
=
10
The Gravedigger: GRAAAAAAAVES
Turn ends.
Bear Soup Guy: I imagine that turn would have looked so action movie awesome
Frezak (GM): HAH
Apheori (GM): Other skeleton gets up and attacks Dave...
Frezak (GM): Also i am going to bed.
So does Gan want my sheet?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Gaurav: Eep. What time is it there?
Ganelon: Uh.
Sure, why not.
Frezak (GM): half three.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Adios diggerman
Apheori (GM): Sweet nightmares.
Gaurav: Wow. Take care! Sleep well!
Apheori (GM): RADEK.
Ganelon: I use an infusion on myself first.
Frezak (GM): DOn't worry.
You have a shield of solid Gravy.
Ganelon: Which is a surge +2, so 9.
Then...
Scouring Weapon on this skeleton to the left.
'Tis my acid bullet.
[Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+1+0
(
20
)
+3+5+1+0
=
29
Gaurav: wooooooooooooooooo
Ganelon: Ohohoho
I don't even have to roll damage, then.
Apheori (GM): Oh?
How do crits work?
Ganelon: 20 on attack rolls is a crit.
All damage dice are maximized.
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Ganelon: And if your weapon is magical, usually you get an extra damage dice or so.
Apheori (GM): Whatsit?
Ganelon: But mine isn't, and this power would normally be 2d10+5.
Now it's just 25.
Gaurav: wow
Ganelon: It's my snipery thing.
The skeleton also gets a -2 to his AC until the end of my next turn.
Just put, uh...
This on him.
And I could move, but will not.
Turn over!
Apheori (GM): The zombie grabs Rhu.
Bear Soup Guy: Hot dang
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You are now being embraced by a tower of rotting flesh.
Gaurav: Isn't there a roll for grabs?
Apheori (GM): It doesn't mention any.
Gaurav: Okay. Then I am grabbed.
Rhu: Ugh.
Apheori (GM): You try to escape during your own turn, right?
Oh, wait.
Ganelon: You do escape on your turn, as a move action.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4 vs reflex
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Nevermind it fails.
I think.
Yes.
Gaurav: Yup.
Apheori (GM): You don't get grabbed.
The entire thing just collapses on you.
Ganelon: And it's a skill roll.
Gaurav: hahaha
Ganelon: Acrobatics or athletics.
Gaurav: you know, a grab doesn't sound so bad now ...
Apheori (GM): Rhu: To amend: A huge mass of rotting flesh embraces you and collapses around you in a smothering, stenchy mass.
Ganelon: Fun times.
Gaurav: Yay!
Apheori (GM): ...also the zombie is dead. But you still need to get out of it so you don't drown.
Rhu closes his mouth as tightly as he can
Gaurav: So that's a save on my own turn?
How did he die?
Apheori (GM): He pulled a muscle.
Gaurav: hahaha
goof
good*
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Yeah, that'd be a save on your turn.
The sphinx makes a hissing noise at the nearby skeleton and it falls apart.
Gaurav: HA
this battle is turning
Apheori (GM): This also heals the sphinx slightly.
Bear Soup Guy: Even our enemies are no match against our combined lunacy
Apheori (GM): The sphinx then grins at Gravy and Radek.
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
14
)
+5
=
19
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Gaurav: Poor Gravy.
Ganelon: Well, I'm not impressed.
Apheori (GM): So that hits Gravy? -2 to attack rolls... again.
Ganelon: It has to hit gravy.
A will of 20 at level 1 is... very nearly impossible.
Apheori (GM): Oh, okay.
I don't know these things.
Ganelon: Or level 2
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged runs and hides under a desk.
Or tries to.
Ganelon: He's probably a lot bigger than he remembers.
Apheori (GM): It actually mostly just winds up upending the desk.
Rhu: Aw. Poor little thing.
Gaurav: Does it make any noise with its mouth? I'm trying to imagine what a whimpering mouseforged sounds like
Apheori (GM): It then runs and does the same thing to the next one.
It makes hurking noises sometimes. Not right now, though.
RHU.
Gaurav: Move action: three spaces
Sphinx gets opportunity attack if it wants it.
Or Dave, for that matter.
No?
Standard action: radiant vengeance against the last skeleton standing
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 wisdom vs reflex
(
9
)
+5
=
14
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Rhu: hmpf
Gaurav: Minor action: I place an oath of enmity against the last skeleton standing
Rhu: Stupid bloody skeleton.
Gaurav: End of turn.
Wait, do I get a +2 against the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): Oh, aye.
So you do hit it.
Ganelon: You do!
Gaurav: Yay!
rolling 1d8+4 radiant damage
(
5
)
+4
=
9
I gain 4 temporary hit points
Bear Soup Guy: ONE MINUTE SORRY
Apheori (GM): And it's dead.
Gaurav: So.
Are we out of initiative? Or are the cat and/or the mouse going to make trouble?
Apheori (GM): You still need to corner the mouseforged, but there may be a better way to do it? I don't know. Gan?
Ganelon: Well, we don't need it to be during initiative.
And Frezak would probably like to be around for that
Apheori (GM): Well, it will attack if cornered.
Gaurav: I think that depends on how fast it's going. Each turn in initiative is like 15 seconds or so. If it's jumping left and right, we should probably stay in initiative and see what happens. If it is waiting to see what we do next, we should get out of initiative and then just do skill checks or something.
Aw yeah Gravy will definitely want to talk to Mr. Mousie
Ganelon: I think it's 6 seconds per turn. Or maybe even round.
Gaurav: oh gosh. that's faster than I thought.
...
Ganelon: But yeah, unless it's jumping around like crazy right now?
Gaurav: it's only just sinking in that we brought a mouse back from the dead today
Ganelon: We'll probably talk about cornering it and then do that.
And it can be a new initiative thing if necessary.
Apheori (GM): Right now it's cowering under a desk.
Ganelon: Then we could probably end and come back to that later.
If we have a moment to rest, new initiative stuff would require new initiative rolls.
Gaurav: That makes sense to me. We'd probably all stand about quietly staring at Mr. Mousie and see what it does next.
Apheori (GM): Well, for now it's Greibel's turn. There's a bunch of stuff nearby so it's not going to stay where it is.
Gaurav: Wait, I still have a minor.
Ganelon: Turn into a mouse!
Gaurav: Although Greibel is probably better at Nature checks than I am (+7?)
Apheori (GM): A swarm of mice!
Ganelon: He should be better at it.
Gaurav: Cool. End of my turn, then.
Apheori (GM): He could totally talk to it, actually.
Yeah, let's end it. Greibel can do whatever.
Ganelon: This is exciting stuff.
Gaurav: Ha.
Ganelon: I put a mouse's soul into a robot body.
Gaurav: There's a good chance Rhu is going to start next turn by kicking all the bad guys we just killed.
That encounter was somehow both too close for comfort and a glorious victory for us.
Apheori (GM): Too close for comfort? Nobody even got bloodied.
Gaurav: The cat and the mouse.
Apheori (GM): When did either of them even attack any of you?
Gaurav: I know, but if they had, it would have been close I think.
Ganelon: If you knew the kind of encounters Frezak has run, you wouldn't be worried by this one.
Gaurav: both because they're both pretty strong and because they'd have distracted us, which means everybody else would have lived longer and dealt us more damage
Apheori (GM): Yeah, that was unfortunate.
The mouse really was supposed to attack.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, I'm back
It looks like we won
Gaurav: To say nothing of the cat giving all of us -2 attack grins
Apheori (GM): The cat didn't discriminate!
Well, okay, the skeletons weren't alive, so it mostly ignored them, but...
Gaurav: heh
Ganelon: They don't really know fear.
It's probably a good thing, though. My ability to heal isn't that great.
At least compared to other leader classes.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh so is the mouse on our side now?
Gaurav: Apheori: are you planning Frezak-type close encounters in the future?
Apheori (GM): THIS was supposed to be one!
I just screwed it up with the mousiness.
Apheori (GM) grumps.
Gaurav: I can build up temporary hit points, but I almost died in our first test encounter, so I've always assumed Rhu is pretty weak.
Ganelon: Oh, that's nothing.
I was a turn away from bleeding to death in the first test encounter I ran with Korik, the raven guy.
And now whenever someone says "bandits", I take cover.
Apheori (GM): Bandits are scary.
Gaurav: heh
that seems sensible
Ganelon: If you intend to put us up against a Solo monster at some point, I have a bit of advice for you.
I'll save it for when you need it, though.
Apheori (GM): But how will you know ahead of time?
Gaurav: I'm imagined a sealed envelope
with a wax seal
"Open in case of solo monster"
Ganelon: I can tell you like five seconds after we go up against a solo.
I don't need to know how it fights or that it's coming up.
It's advice concerning how to play them.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Tell me.
Now.
Gaurav: okay, they're showing the "Blues Brothers" on campus for free in 45 minutes and seeing as I've wasted seven hours with you lot I should go feed and work and I dunno try not to lose my job or something :-P
thanks for a very exciting session!
Apheori (GM): Bye.
Ganelon: See ya
Gaurav: see ya Tuesday!

Session 14

Apheori (GM):
Ganelon: Did it not do anything?
Apheori (GM): What do I do? Do I just paste that into it?
Ganelon: Into the macro text box, yes.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Huh.
27
Ganelon: There you go.
Now make it show in the macro bar.
Apheori (GM): Already done.
How do you do it without the buttons?
Ganelon: Just typing all that in, basically.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Ganelon: You can enter it into the chat.
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Ganelon: And again, you have to have the thing selected for the "&tracker" line.
Otherwise it just gives you a number and you have to add it yourself.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it updated the sphinx when I had it selected.
Silly sphinx always getting good rolls.
Ganelon: Well, I am glad to be of assistance.
Apheori (GM): Thank you, seriously.
Ganelon: And now I will take my leave, from R20 at least.
Gaurav: here!
Is it just me, or is that a robot with the soul of a mouse under that table?
Frezak (GM): must be abig table
Apheori (GM): It's trying to be under it. It's not really succeeding.
Gaurav: It is! Unfortunately, the mouseforged is bigger.
Frezak (GM): I'll make soothing mousesounds.
Apheori (GM): It's cowering in fear.
Gaurav: "Mouseforged" is probably the single coolest word we've come up with this campaign, and we came up with "noodle-armed grump"
Frezak (GM): it's a pretty good word.
Whoever came up with it should get XP.
Apheori (GM): You get 2pe.
Gaurav: Is that like a toupee?
Bear Soup Guy: 2 Pie Experience
Frezak (GM): gravy does not need more physican education
he's a shovelesman
Radek: Ha-hah! Fantastic!
Apheori (GM): Fine.
Radek: Gentlemen, I give you the Mouseforged.
Ganelon: It's becoming an in-character thing.
Rhu looks nervously at Radek. This is probably the first time he's heard Radek laugh, ever.
Ganelon: So says I.
The Gravedigger: Rhu, any idea why the dead things reanimated?
Frezak (GM): how dare you steal my word you maggot
Rhu: Not off the top of my head. (pokes at the skeleton closest to him)
Mouseforged cowers and looks for an escape.
Gaurav: Should that be a heal check or a religion check?
Greibel: Is he....um?
Gaurav: Eh, might as well do both.
Frezak (GM): i'd give mousie some food, but warforged can't eat
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, I have porridge talk now
The sphinx jumps out of Dave's arms and onto the mouseforged.
The porridge wiggles gleefully
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check to see if there's anything he can tell from the bones in terms of what where they might have come from, cause of death
(
18
)
+10
=
28
Dave: Ey!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: They're corroded.
And glowing slightly.
You think it was some sort of dark magic.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check to see if there's anything religious which might explain animated dead things ... seeing as Rhu has a power specifically for undeads, I guess he has some sort of training in such matters.
(
1
)
+8
=
9
Bear Soup Guy hums Losing My Religion
Gaurav: ruh roh
Apheori (GM): They look undead.
Gaurav: You mean redead.
Apheori (GM): You've studied undead.
Gaurav: unundead.
Is there like a theory of undeadiness?
Apheori (GM): For all you know they might reundead.
Rhu pokes at the skeleton warily with his maul
Rhu: I don't know why they didn't die, but they might reanimate. Ugh. Undead.
Apheori (GM): The skeleton clatters.
Rhu: Do you think ... Mr. Mousie ... will get scared if I walk over to the dead elf over in that corner?
He seems nervous.
Apheori (GM): At some point you notice something in the skeleton bones.
Dave walks over to the mouseforged.
Dave: It's petrified.
Cute?
Gaurav: What do I notice?
Apheori (GM): A key on a chain.
Rhu: Huh.
Rhu bends down and picks up the key
Radek: I wonder.
Frezak (GM): have we come across any locked things?
Radek: Greibel, speak to the Mouseforged.
Gaurav: Lokshmi is a god of lock pickers
Greibel: Oh right, good idea...
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Not that couldn't be forced.
Greibel heads over hesistantly
Frezak (GM): i'm not sure that would work.
since it doesnt have mouse senses any more...
Ganelon: Looks it not like a machine? Mark it, Greibel.
Bear Soup Guy: That's why he wonders
Ganelon: It would be spoke to.
Bear Soup Guy: Nature check I suppose
Rhu: He might find squeeking ... reassuring?
Apheori (GM): Also it has a sphinx sitting on it.
Gaurav: That has to be pretty terrifying for a mouse.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+12 Mouse Talk
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Gaurav: Mouse Chat
Apheori (GM): What do you try to say?
Bear Soup Guy: squeak squeak squeak
Gaurav: Mouse Shooting The Breeze
Bear Soup Guy: I try to calm the mouse down
Ganelon: What art thou that usurp'st this body of wood, together with that fair and warlike form, in which the majesty of soldiers past built, did sometimes march?
By heaven, I charge thee, speak.
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged does nothing, just sits there, petrified.
Greibel shrugs
Ellemerr: Gan, you are a wonderful, wonderful man.
The porridge jumps down onto the mouse next to the cat
Rhu: Hey, we should heal up, since we're out of encounter. I think some of us might need some rest on some of our powers, too. I'm fine, I just need a breather.
Radek: Hrm. Disappointing.
Gaurav: Aw, poor mouseforge.
Gan: damn. You're doing all our speeches from here on out.
Amadi makes clanky noises from inside her trusty tank.
Ganelon: I'm quoting Shakespeare, silly.
Ellemerr: Not enough people do that.
Ganelon: It's one of my favourites, mostly because I get to use it when people return from long absences of communication.
Ellemerr: Wheee
I mostly just shout "Get thee to a nunnery" every once in a while.
Apheori (GM): It's like a cattery, but for nuns.
Frezak (GM): AN eatery
Get your nun here
hot nun
nun-on-a-stick
Ganelon: Nun on a bun?
Frezak (GM): Nunstrips.
Ellemerr: ... I'm sorry for making this happen.
Frezak (GM): Get you a nundrum.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
So the mouseforged flips out and attacks Dave.
The sphinx winds up with a face-full of porridge.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear
Gaurav: Uh oh
Frezak (GM): do we like dave?
Apheori (GM): I don't know. Do you?
Bear Soup Guy: Sure, Dave's cool
Ganelon: I'm going to refrain from answering on Radek's behalf.
I as a player am pretty cool with Dave.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
8
)
+8
=
16
Ellemerr: Does Radek like anyone whose not mechanical?
Gaurav: We definitely like her better than we like Devourer the Sphinx at the moment.
Ellemerr: Noooo, Nameless is nice...! :3
Gaurav: Has anybody's passive perception picked up Amadi in the vat yet?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Frezak (GM): I thought she liked it in there.
Apheori (GM): Wow, that's not very impressive.
Frezak (GM): I'll go charge the mouseforged if I can?
Ellemerr: Dawn is just some silly copy of me who doesn't remember enough things to be impressive.
Frezak (GM): BAD MOUSEFORGED
Ellemerr: Or confusing.
Bear Soup Guy: I think we're just sort of accepting Amadi in the vat as normal for today
Apheori (GM): You can totally charge it.
Greibel takes 4 damage, Dave takes 8.
Rhu: I think we should back up and just .. give him some space.
Ganelon: Radek liked, uh... Rurik, was it?
Ellemerr: Oh right, yeah.
Apheori (GM): Sphinx mauls the mouseforged.
Frezak (GM): Charge!
Gaurav: Are we in initiative?
Ganelon: The guy he offered to make rifle and laser-weapon blueprints for.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9+1
(
13
)
+9+1
=
23
VS AC.
Ellemerr: I remember, Gan.
Apheori (GM): We're not in initiative. It's just madness right now.
Frezak (GM): Does rurik talk without moving his mouth?
Apheori (GM): That totally hits.
Frezak (GM): So I would prone mousie.
The Gravedigger: Bad Mousie!
No!
Gaurav: Are the doors still on their hinges?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d8 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
So sphinx damages the mouseforged, you prone the mouseforged and send the sphinx flying.
Frezak (GM): I'll accept that outcome.
Can I wrestle the Mouseforged.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx still has porridge all over its face and is making funny noises.
Ganelon: Funny "displeased cat" noises?
Gaurav: The sphinx or the porridge?
Or _both_
Apheori (GM): You can... if you want to wrestle it?
Amadi starts whistling "I'm odd", the deleted song from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
Frezak (GM): Well, is it still moving?
Apheori (GM): Actually, you're not sure which is making the noises. It might be both.
Rhu walks over to the north doors and closes them. Can he bolt them?
Apheori (GM): They sound somewhat distressed, kind of angry, and a little bit like bad pop music.
Yeah, it's moving.
Rhu: "The porridge and the sphinx" would make an awesome movie.
Dave goes to the sphinx and peels the porridge off its face.
(From Amadi): To Sphinx's head: "That's the spirit! Now, harmonize!"
The sphinx warbles.
The Gravedigger: Radek, what do we do with this?
Can you... lock up it's movement?
Stop it hitting people,
Apheori (GM): Rhu: No bolt, but there's a box you could put in front of them.
The Gravedigger: *?
Rhu puts the box in front of the door
Apheori (GM): Unfortunately the doors open out of the room so it wouldn't do much good.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check on the dead elf to check for anything of interest
(
7
)
+10
=
17
Rhu moves the box out from in front of the door
Radek: This is your own fault for making me use a mouse's soul rather than something more pliable.
Frezak (GM): Could I... manhandle mousie into a tank?
And then seal the tank?
Apheori (GM): The dead elf smells really bad. Bits of it are all over the room. It's like it exploded. Twice.
Ganelon: Can I do what he wants, though?
Lock up its joints?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: But despite the damage you think what killed it was something a lot less interesting.
Gaurav: What sort of something?
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yeah, probably.
Gaurav: Something innocuous.
Ganelon: I'll give it a shot, then.
rolling 1d20+11
(
5
)
+11
=
16
Apheori (GM): Gravy can also manhandle it.
Frezak (GM): I will if Radek fails.
Well, try
Apheori (GM): Radek: It smacks you - not hard enough to do much damage, but hard enough to hurt. Do you keep trying or back away?
Ganelon: Back away.
Ungrateful thing, biting the hand that feeds it.
Frezak (GM): you never fed it
Ganelon: It no longer needs to eat!
The sphinx: Feed it, then. Feeeed it to me. Let me have it.
Frezak (GM): I'll... gravyhandle it.
Dave strokes the sphinx.
Apheori (GM): Fine.
You gravyhandle it toward a tank.
The Gravedigger: it's for your own good!
I'm sorry, Mr.Mousie.
The sphinx: They takes it...
Gaurav: Oooh, tank, good idea!
The Gravedigger: BACK OFF, CAT
The sphinx stalks toward it, ignoring Gravy.
The Gravedigger: someone help me here?
Amadi comes out of her tank, purring at the sphinx.
Dave rubs against Amadi's legs, but seems too distracted to entirely stop.
Amadi: Such a hunger, you'd eat the world if we let you.
The sphinx rubs against Amadi's legs, but seems too distracted to entirely stop.
Apheori (GM): Sorry, wrong one.
Frezak (GM): DAVE
EW
Apheori (GM): >.>
Ellemerr: That would've been amusing.
Amadi picks up the sphinx.
The sphinx purrs loudly - like a warning.
Apheori (GM): The tank doesn't seem to want to shut.
The Gravedigger: Damn.
Amadi stuffs her head in the sphinx's fur and talks in a foreign language.
Gaurav: Aw
Frezak (GM): feast of fur!
Apheori (GM): Radek: You notice it's probably because of how it was opened - emergency release vs... properly.
Frezak (GM): can I force it shut?
Using my consistent 1's on Str?
Ganelon: Can it be reset?
The sphinx sticks a pawful of claws on Amadi's shoulder and mutters something.
Radek: Hold on. This was opened in a hurry.
(From Amadi): Once upon a time the world was made of stories. Nothing was real and everything was delicious and there were no limits but imagination.
(To Amadi): It's not just hunger. It's fear, release. There's something more, can feel it, can feel it. It's in there, and I must have it.
Ganelon: Is it permanently damaged?
Apheori (GM): Doesn't seem to be.
Need to put the pieces back, basically.
Ganelon: Another tech skills roll, then?
Gaurav: Does the mouseforged seem any less nervous now? Especially since Devourer seems distracted?
(From Amadi): Shush, dear, dear fearsome soul, dear dead one from the empty lands. These are important men. One of them's a Keeper. Let them try what they must and be patient, for a bit.
(To Ellemerr): You'd need to tell it a really good story in order to overcome its hunger for the mouse's story. That story is huge.
Apheori (GM): Slowly the sphinx relaxes, but it still stares at the mouse with hungry, hungry eyes.
Dave realises her arm is covered in blood and stares at it in utter confusion.
Ganelon: ...Is the Sphinx dying?
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged seems to have given up hope and is just cowering again.
Is it? Who knows!
Rhu: (to Sphinx) What is up with you? I thought you only ate stories?
(From Amadi): There was no patience in the world before the world. What the folk wanted, they would have, for they could imagine it and it would be there. There was no hunger, in the time before time, but for one: the hunger for something new. Something more. Ideas were made and realized and they filled the world, which grew and grew, and -
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yeah, tech, sorry.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
2
)
+11
=
13
YEEEAH
Amadi: (in normal voice, to Rhu) Silence, if you please.
Ganelon: Spent all my brilliance on the soul thing, apparently.
Apheori (GM): You almost get it, but can't figure out where one of the pieces goes and the door mechanism falls apart.
Amadi keeps muttering strange words to the sphinx.
The sphinx falls into the rhythm of the words, purring, but still watches the mouseforged out of one eye.
Apheori (GM): (I mean back to the state it was, not wrecked entirely.)
Ganelon: Oh.
Radek grumbles to himself. "Shoddy craftsmanship."
Apheori (GM): Your modifier is sufficiently high that you'd need a 1 to wreck that entirely. It's not exactly high-tech.
Ganelon: If I don't succeed, it's probably the fault of whoever built the thing!
Apheori (GM): Totally.
Bear Soup Guy: That's the spirit!
Ganelon: Things seem to have calmed down, but I'll make another attempt.
The sphinx: Arah.
(From Amadi): One day, there were no more ideas. The world was full of everything that could be imagined. Imagination had run dry. The folk had grew weary of the hunger, purring within them, but they were tired. They could think of nothing more to sate it with.
Gaurav: I imagine Radek accidently improves it while trying to fix it.
Ganelon: "Aha! Now it will NEVER open!"
The sphinx: This story...
The sphinx hisses and bits Amadi's ear.
Frezak (GM): Ear damage
Rhu: HEY!
Amadi looks scorned, and gently puts the sphinx down.
Amadi: Have it your way, then.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You get the impression you've scared the sphinx. Really scared it. Like this story has meaning to it...
Ellemerr: Well of course it does~
Rhu: (to Amadi) You okay?
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Yeeees.
Ellemerr: And now you won't be hearing the end of it.
The sphinx backs away from Amadi, looking around uncertainly.
Ganelon: You heartless wench. Telling the sphinx a story and not us.
Amadi: I got a cat bite in my ear.
Radek: I can fix that.
Dave: Inside it?
The Gravedigger: How did you do that?
Tell me how to do that!
PLeeeease
Ganelon: TELL ME HOW TO SCARE THE CAT
Amadi: Do what? Put... cat bites in your ear?
Dave examines the ear.
The Gravedigger: Make the cat run away.
Dave: It appears to be bleeding.
Amadi: I think you pluck them off trees. I'm pretty sure you do. Then you... store them, for a while. In jars. With pickle-juice.
I have blood inside. It's a nice thing to have. It's supposed to stay inside, I think.
Dave: Oh.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+10 Greibel perceptions around this corner of the room since he's still over here and there's a bunch of upturned desks and crazy stuff here
(
3
)
+10
=
13
Amadi: You have blood inside, too. Isn't that glorious?
Dave looks down at her arm. "So I should probably fix this."
Amadi: Probably.
Poor sphinx. He's been there for so long...
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The skeleton has some things you could loot. The desks are pretty messed up and their stuff is all over the floor.
Radek: Are you /all/ dying over there?
Apheori (GM): Also that box.
Rhu: (to Greibel) Do you know anything about the care and pacification of large fierce felines?
Apheori (GM): With the talk folks' stuff.
Gaurav: "Talk folks"?
Amadi: I'm only dying if sphinx infected me with something. I don't think it can do that.
Dave: Where?
Apheori (GM): Tank folks*
Ellemerr: I'm totally a tank folk.
Apheori (GM): Totally.
Gaurav: HUH
Greibel: (to Rhu) A housecat - piece of cake. A mountain lion - fun challenge. This thing... (throws his arms up)
Amadi: I wonder what it's like to have an infection...
Gaurav: That could be useful
Dave: Where was the sphinx? I should know this, but I don't.
Rhu stays where he is and doesn't take his eyes off the sphinx
Dave: At least I think I should?
Amadi: You really don't know a whole lot of things, you know.
Rhu suddenly realises what Dave is saying
Dave: Yes.
Rhu: (to Dave) Oh! I know this. He was in the City of the Dead.
I think that's what it was.
Amadi: Poor little dear in the deadlands...
Rhu: Everybody was dead, and there was a tower.
Amadi: Did it fly?
Rhu: He came back with me. I think Hazz'ridan might have sent us both back. Via a beach, as I recall.
No, but it kept changing. It was pretty weird.
Amadi: You're probably not important enough.
Amadi shrugs.
Dave: Are there livelands?
Rhu: This seems likely.
Livelands?
Frezak (GM): A TOWER?
Dave: I don't know. There should be live lands if there are dead lands. I should have a name, and a past. There are people here, but what is here? Why am I here?
Gaurav: Did Gravy say that?
Frezak (GM): No, Me.
A GIANT TENTACLY FACE?
Amadi: Be Dawn. You're not quite Dave, after all.
Rhu: (to Dave) Just be glad you're here. We were on Sarathi. It was awful. Holes everywhere.
Amadi: Or be... Tanzania.
Amadi shrugs.
Gaurav: No face. Lots of tentacles, though. They were cold and enveloping.
Frezak (GM): Heh.
Ellemerr: Any masks?
Frezak (GM): Someone mentioned a ... box?
Dave: Dawn. Who is Dave?
Apheori (GM): There's a box in the corner.
Bear Soup Guy: Right, I should be looking through the box I guess
Frezak (GM): THat thing top-left?
Amadi gives Dawn a pointed look. "You're not Dave."
Gaurav: Ellemerr: Not in through the Hole Rhu fell through, but a woman did give us a mask carved on a rock when we arrived in this town.
Frezak (GM): Anyone done anything to it?
Greibel looks through the box and the skeleton corpse
Dave: Are you, then?
Gaurav: BSG: Don't let the box eat you!
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, that thing up there is totally a chest
Amadi smiles the sort of smile someone smiles when other people do what the smiler wants them to. "No."
Frezak (GM): ohhhh
Bear Soup Guy: And it looks like a coffin
AIn't going near that
Apheori (GM): Skeleton has a dented ring and some coins lodged in its spine.
Frezak (GM): REVEAL YOUR SECRETS UNTO ME
No gems in it's gold-plated legbones?
Apheori (GM): Box got distorted because this thing uses the alt key to not align to grid and that's a window manager function.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+2 inspect the ring for magicks
(
12
)
+2
=
14
Apheori (GM): IT MIGHT HAVE MAGICS.
Or it might just be dirty.
Bear Soup Guy: CLOSE ENOUGH
Gaurav: Lodged to its spine, eeks.
Greibel takes out the ring and puts it on, admiring it and rubbing it a bit
Ganelon: Pah.
Frezak (GM): I'm just going to go and be brave and try to open it.
Ellemerr: Genie?!
Ganelon: Your magicks are soggy.
Bear Soup Guy: "I AM THE GENIE OF THE RING!"
"DON'T ASK HOW I GOT INSIDE A RING. IT'S COMPLICATED."
Frezak (GM): THINGS COME IN BOXES
I GOT THIS
Rhu takes up a position beside Gravy, just in case.
Frezak (GM): Wood.
Gaurav: Hey, if it is a coffin, it's right up Gravy's alley
Frezak (GM): Maybe step behind me?
i'm made to take damage.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Box has a bunch of random things. Looks like some implements, rations, clothes, armour, a few books, some weapons, a black mask, and a really mouldy piece of cheese.
Frezak (GM): Yeah!
Gaurav: Ew.
Frezak (GM): MASK
Rhu: Ew.
Frezak (GM): And what KIND of armour/weapons?
Bear Soup Guy: yay armor
Ganelon: That's a lot of stuff.
Amadi pokes Dawn. "Would you tell our dear that it's too scared of the end and it shouldn't be? I don't think it'll listen to me for a while yet..."
Apheori (GM): Some rotten leather armour (no, you don't know how that happened), a set of chainmail, a few daggers, a longsword, some kind of rod/wand.
Rhu flips through the books
Apheori (GM): The books are in several languages. ROLL HISTORY.
Ganelon: History!
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 HISORY THE HECK OUT OF THAT SHIT
(
12
)
+3
=
15
Gaurav: er
(From Ellemerr): I can read those, eh?
Gaurav: that is inadequate historage
Apheori (GM): Dude, this one looks like deresi.
You can read them all, the question was if you'd recognise any.
Frezak (GM): I'll toss the rodwand at the Artificer.
Apheori (GM): Well, you could have more than recognised, but you didn't.
So neener.
Ellemerr: Hah
Ganelon: A rodwand, eh?
Ellemerr: Silly Hazz...
Gaurav: :(
Dave asks Amadi if she knows how to fix her arm.
Frezak (GM): rodwandthing
Apheori (GM): I don't know the difference between rods and wands, okay? >.>
Gaurav: What is deresi?
Frezak (GM): Rods are wider and shorter.
More like a whacking stick than a poking stick.
Apheori (GM): A language. The deresi people aren't very well-liked, beyond being like the common understanding of gypsies you don't really know anything about it.
I guess it's a rod.
Amadi: You... put the blood back, and... no, you probably just puts the skin back, and then the blood will... respawn. Or make more. One of those. You could ask sphinx to lick it, but I don't think it is sphinx saliva that has healing properties...
Ganelon: Is it magical?
(To Ellemerr): Sphinx saliva actually does have healing properties here. XD
Apheori (GM): Yes!
Ganelon: How magical!? What does it DO?
(From Amadi): Well... ooops? xD
Apheori (GM): I have no idea.
Ganelon: BAH.
(To Amadi): Pfft. You meant what you said.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel could probably take it if Gan doesn't want it
Gaurav: It might just be a +1 rod or something?
Bear Soup Guy: Druids use wand rod things, right?
Ganelon: I don't think so.
Frezak (GM): I think they use both.
Gaurav: I need implements. Implements of Hazz.
Frezak (GM): Oh, druids. No.
Amadi: I always mean what I say, but do I say what I mean?
Bear Soup Guy: Right now he has a staff which seems similar
Oh okay
Amadi looks puzzled.
Dave: What?
Frezak (GM): Druids have Staves and Totems.
Ganelon: Rhu uses holy symbols and Greibel uses staves. Rods are... warlock things.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah totem, that was the other thing
Frezak (GM): Artificers use rods too.
Also INvokers.
Dave: I do not think the sphinx is in much of a mood to help.
Frezak (GM): Are the daggers/sword any good?
Amadi: Tell him he's too scared of the end. It probably won't help, but it should still be said.
Apheori (GM): One of the daggers is covered in green rust. The other is black.
The sword looks quite nice.
Frezak (GM): A black dagger?
Rhu: (to Dave) I don't mind that he doesn't want to help. I mind that the next time we're fighting someone, he's probably going to be on both sides at once.
Ellemerr: I want the rust! Dibs on the rust!
Frezak (GM): Black metal, or coating?
Apheori (GM): They don't seem to be magical, but you have no idea what to make of the dagger.
It's just... black. May not even be metal.
No light bounces off it.
The Gravedigger: Radek, any of this magical?
This dagger at least looks weird.
Radek: Let me see that.
Gaurav: What are the stats on the sword?
Dave: (to the sphinx) Ghezrau?
Rhu: I have a bad feeling about that dagger.
Dave: Are you... afraid of the end?
The Gravedigger: generally things that eat light are probably bad, yes.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11 Arcana for identifying of the magicks.
(
12
)
+11
=
23
Apheori (GM): This the dager?
dagger
Ganelon: Yeah.
Apheori (GM): You have no idea.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check on that dagger
(
9
)
+8
=
17
Apheori (GM): The sword is well-made, kind of fancy but still practical. It's probably a +1 too.
Frezak (GM): ooh
Ellemerr: I like "kind of fancy but still practical"
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It reminds you of the sea. And the tentacles.
Rhu: I imagine my maul does more damage than that, though.
Frezak (GM): I think Rhu is the only one that can even use one.
Ganelon: We can use anything magical.
Frezak (GM): longsword, shortsword, or greatsword?
Ganelon: Thanks to meeee
Apheori (GM): Longsword.
Frezak (GM): Oh, right.
Yeah, that's true.
Radek can just shift the +1 to something.
Examinings on the Chainmail?
The sphinx stares at Dave sullenly.
Ganelon: Actually I need to pick up that ritual.
Rhu: Er, could somebody please look up the damage dice on a longsword? I don't have PHB1 with me right now.
Gaurav: Sorry ooc
Ganelon: Otherwise I just have the much less efficient "disenchant and then slap +1 on a thing" method.
Frezak (GM): longswords are 1D8
Ganelon: It's a +3 1d8.
+3 is attack.
Gaurav: Thanks! My maul is +3 vs AC (although my powers let me use my WIS, which is +5) with 2d6 damage, so I think I'll stick with my maul?
Rhu: There's ... something familiar about that dagger.
Apheori (GM): The chainmail isn't very interesting.
Rhu: Could I please hold it?
The Gravedigger: What, it's a dagger from the world of the dead?
Sure, but I'll go stand over here....
Radek: Well, I can't make sense of the thing.
Apheori (GM): It's a good material, but that's all.
Rhu: No, from the other place. The beach.
And the tentacles.
It's something with do with Hazz'ridan.
Amadi: Tentacles!
Rhu picks up the dagger
Rhu: May I keep it?
Frezak (GM): IT EXPLODES
INTO BATGOATS
Dave: I think that might be mine.
Gaurav: uggg no not the batgoats
Dave: I hear it singing.
Radek: I could run tests, but... not tonight.
Amadi turns to see the sphinx leave.
Frezak (GM): That doesn't sound good.
Radek: I'll be busy enough tonight as-is.
Dave: Gleaming like dark suns.
The sphinx wanders off and disappears.
Amadi: Like the poo of the rhino who ate the moon!
Amadi giggles.
Dave frowns, then nods.
Rhu looks at the dagger, then up at Dave
Rhu: (to Dave) You should have it then.
Dave: I...
Dave hesitates.
Dave: I don't want to touch it.
The Gravedigger: Buy a glove!
Amadi giggles more, then breaks into laughter.
Gaurav: But not a glove made of light. It'd just eat it.
Rhu: Are you sure? I could hold on to it until you need it again.
Dave visibly relaxes.
Dave: Please do.
Amadi stops abruptly.
Frezak (GM): Glove made of fish.
Apheori (GM): Gross.
Frezak (GM): It's what rich people have.
Ellemerr: Chocolate buttons.
Gaurav: Just stuff your hand down a fish's gullet and call it a day.
Frezak (GM): SO, ABOUT THIS MASK.
Ellemerr: MASK
BLACK MASK
Is it lace?
Frezak (GM): Liquorice.
Flies.
Gaurav: Yum.
Ganelon: Porcelain.
Ellemerr: Black. Lace. Mask. Very fancy.
Got this sort of symbol on it.
Apheori (GM): The mask is for the top half of the face, it's black, lacy and sparkly, and while it has eye holes, they're covered with more black.
Gaurav: This sounds familiar.
Ellemerr: It has swirls going off on the sides and the top. The top-swirls look sort of fiery.
Frezak (GM): DOES IT FIT GRAY?
*gravy
(From Ellemerr): Does it belong to someone?
Gaurav: If it doesn't, you can tie it between your horns.
(To Ellemerr): You and/or Davedawnfragment.
Rhu wanders over to check in on Mr. Mousie.
Apheori (GM): It doesn't look like it'd fit Gravy, judging by the relative sizes.
Frezak (GM): bah
Amadi: That mask isn't mine.
Amadi looks very intently on it.
Amadi: at*
Give it here.
Gaurav: don't she'll eat it
Dave picks up the chainmail and slips it on.
Dave: A chainmail shirt. For the office warrior.
Amadi: Dave. Is this Dave's stuff? All of it?
Gaurav: Now I'm imagining a chainmail with a built-in, chainmail tie.
Dave: You said it wasn't yours.
Amadi points at Dave, sort of accusingly. "You're not Dave."
Dave: Are you?
Amadi frowns.
Amadi: ... No.
Gaurav: Who's playing Dave? Is it Ellemerr or Apheori? Or both? Is it a Mystery?
Ellemerr: Mystery plays Dave
Apheori (GM): I'm playing Dave.
Ellemerr: Or so she would have us believe.
Dave rubs her temple. "Ow..."
Dave: So many words, so many phrases. What do they all go to?
Gaurav: What's Mr. Mousie up to in his tank?
Dave: It's not... supposed to hurt to think, is it?
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Hiding from you.
Amadi: You're so full of holes!
Amadi throws her arms in the air in frustration, then grabs the mask and thrusts it at Dawn.
Ganelon: Alright, can I heal check on Not-Dave here to make sure she's not dying?
Amadi: WEAR IT!
Dave takes it sceptically, then after a moment, puts it on.
Gaurav: Aw, poor mousie.
Apheori (GM): Suddenly all of Dave is covered in a sheen of black, apparently emanating from the mask.
Gan: You totally can, though I promise nothing while she's wearing that.
Rhu: (to Greibel) Can you get through to the mouseforged?
Amadi narrows her eyes at Dawn.
Greibel: I can give it a try
Amadi: Tell me your name.
Greibel: Easier while he's stuck in one spot I imagine. Although if I were trapped in that tank I don't think I'd be too willing to speak with my captors.
Rhu: (to Dave) WOAH
SHINY
The Gravedigger: Magic!
Radek: Hrmph.
Amadi: Tell me your NAME.
Bear Soup Guy: Did I miss the part where Dave put on a Mask of +1 Attraction? O_o
Dave: Names.
Ellemerr: Possibly.
Bear Soup Guy: Well Greibel wants to talk to the mouse now
Dave: Names! I don't know!
There are too many, so many names!
Amadi: TELL ME YOUR NAME!
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12 Nature talk with mouse
(
8
)
+12
=
20
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check to ask for Hazz'ridan's blessing in helping shiny!Dave come to term with herself
(
7
)
+8
=
15
Dave rips off the mask and throws it at Amadi.
Dave: I DON'T KNOW!
If it's mine of if it's hers or if it belongs to the dreamer or the other dreamer or the dreams because they all dream and there are always names. So many names. Broken names, known names, names that are traded, names that change, and they're all there and not there and... gods, what...
Dave falls to her knees, clutching her head.
Amadi looks bitterly at Dawn, bends to pick up the mask, and blinks in and out of existence as she picks it up.
The Gravedigger: Oh, great. Another insane magic lady.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You get through to it this time. Talk.
Ganelon: Is Dave back to "normal" with the mask this time?
Er, with it off?
Apheori (GM): Right, when she took off the mask the black went away.
And Amadi took the mask with her when she disappeared.
Or did she disappear?
Greibel: (to the mouse) Hello? I'm sorry that you're locked up like this but my friends were afraid you might hurt us. Are you alright?
Apheori (GM): Did she just blink?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+8 Heal
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Ellemerr: I thought I just blinked. I considered disappearing.
Hazz'ridan sends Rhu a vague and not very helpful warning.
Ganelon: Nice token.
Apheori (GM): Okay, then them ask blinked with you.
Sorry. >.<
Ellemerr: Cool.
Gaurav: did she just blink once, or is she ... flickering?
Rhu looks around nervously
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to hear any sounds from outside the room
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The mouseforged calms down a bit and makes some strange noises. You think it's asking you why it can't... feel.
Frezak (GM): Jesus.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, RADEK?
WHAT HAVE YOU MADE
Ganelon: Science. Duh.
Frezak (GM): Oh, right.
Amadi sighs, her anger draining. She stuffs the mask into several layers of clothing that might conceal a pocket. "Gods indeed... I'll envy you your holes, little sisterling."
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Amadi: I'll hold on to this. It's not mine, after all.
Frezak (GM): Ladyholes.
Ganelon: I still need results from that heal check.
Apheori (GM): Gan: You check out Dave. Her arm seems to have already mostly healed, despite the amount of blood. Her head, though, gives you concern - she seems to be in serious distress, like a stroke or something.
Ganelon: Ah.
Greibel: (to the mouse) Ah...I don't know much about this. My friend over there with the constant stare of disapproval put your soul into some sort of machine man? You were dead, and he brought you back with this evidently more functional body. I can see you're having some time to adjust to it however.
Gaurav: Huh.
Rhu walks over to both doors, first the north, then the south, and peers out to see if he can see anybody or hear anything
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception checks through the doors if that helps
(
1
)
+12
=
13
Gaurav: This is good
Frezak (GM): YOU CREATE A TRAP
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You don't think the mouseforged really understands any of that, but it seems happy with the attention.
Gaurav: I'm getting all the low rolls out of the die
Frezak (GM): There wasn't one.
But there is now.
Greibel: Hmmm
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see a sphinx fly out of the corridor to attack you.
Frezak (GM): RHUUUUUU
Greibel stops trying to convey a whole lot of meaning and just continues to say words in an encouraging tone
Ellemerr: Sorry! I TRIED to calm it!
Apheori (GM): On second glance you realise it was just a shadow playing tricks on you.
There's nothing there.
Rhu: AAAAAAAAAAAA
Rhu falls over backwards
Rhu: which door was that?
Apheori (GM): South.
Ganelon: Alright, so.
Rhu gets up
The Gravedigger: RHU
Ganelon: I'm going to separate Dave and Amadi here.
The Gravedigger: What happened?
Ganelon: And just drag the former somewhere else.
Rhu: I -- there was a shadow. It played tricks on me! Always count the shadows. Or something.
Ganelon: Or attempt to. I mean, I can't really force any such thing when my strength is 8.
Apheori (GM): She is incredibly light. You have no trouble at all moving her.
Rhu: I don't like this room. We should move on.
The Gravedigger: Yeah.
I think we're done here.
Radek: You need to stop talking to Amadi.
Greibel: (to Rhu) What don't you like about it, the corpses or the ruins of questionably legal scientific meddling?
Amadi: I'm NOT Amadi. SHE isn't Dave!
Amadi grumbles and stomps off.
The Gravedigger: Hey, sandwich lady.
What's going on?
Radek: Particularly because you seem to care about what she says and it's causing you stress.
Dave whispers something unintelligible and then just lies there.
Gaurav: Hey, what's wrong with Dave?
sorry, ic
Rhu: Hey, what's wrong with Dave?
Amadi: You don't want to know. Nobody wants to know.
You're all hiding in your holes.
The Gravedigger: Hey!
I dig holes!
I can't hide in them!
Have to be outside to dig holes!
Amadi looks sullenly at the shadows in the corridor.
The Gravedigger: DOn't they teach you kids anything these days?
Oh dear.
Now I sound like Radek.
Apheori (GM): The shadows look back and blink.
Gaurav: This party is polarizing around an Amadi-Radek continuum
Ack
Never trust shadows that play tricks with you. It only gives them ideas.
Amadi waves at the shadows.
Rhu examines Dave
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check on Dave
(
18
)
+10
=
28
Radek: Anyway, you should stop thinking for a while if you want to recover.
Dave smiles at Radek.
Radek: I recommend unconsciousness.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: She segfaulted.
Radek: Sleep if you feel like being wasteful.
Ganelon: Explain, please.
Apheori (GM): But seriously, it looks like a stroke to you as well.
Ellemerr: What's that mean`
Apheori (GM): Bad joke. >.>
Ellemerr: Still, what's it mean?
Gaurav: Rhu is not technically adept enough to get that bad joke.
Apheori (GM): When a program accesses memory out of bounds, it crashes. I think that's a segfault, unless I'm mixing that up with something else.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: she tried to look up a memory location that doesn't exist.
Ganelon: That's a null reference exception.
(To Ellemerr): Which is exactly what happened.
Ganelon: But it might also be a segfault.
(From Ellemerr): BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Ellemerr: AWESOME
Ganelon: There, my obligation as Team Medic is done.
Apheori (GM): So Dave takes Radek's advice and falls unconscious.
Gaurav: What is a stroke like in our current time period? Should we be hustling to get her to a hospital, or are our medkits sophisticated enough to deal iwth the occasional brain/bleeding problem?
Apheori (GM): Except Rhu notices she might actually just be dead.
Rhu: Um.
Apheori (GM): Radek too if he's still paying attention.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check on Dave to see if she really is dead
(
1
)
+10
=
11
OOOOOOF
Ganelon: You and your 1s.
Apheori (GM): RHU KILLED DAVE.
Gaurav: Rhu constructs a trap on Dave's face
Amadi sits down and extends a hand to the shadows.
Gaurav: "I'm sorry, did you need this trachea?"
Ganelon: I probably am not still playing attention.
I'm gonna go check up on Project Mouseforged.
Apheori (GM): The shadows approach slowly, drifting about like black snow.
Radek: How are communications coming along?
Apheori (GM): Okay, so Rhu probably thinks he killed Dave.
Gaurav: Well that's depressing
Rhu: ...
guys
I think Dave's dead
Radek: ...What?
Rhu: I don't know, she seemed fine, and then ... I don't know
Frezak (GM): I poke Dave.
Amadi is muttering to the shadows.
Dave is poked.
Rhu keeps checking on Dave, trying to see if she's breathing and whatnot, all of this under the effect of the 1 I suppose
Rhu: I ... I think I messed something up
Apheori (GM): The shadows whisper back, comforting, distrusting, full of grime.
Radek: Out of my way.
Rhu: She was having some kind of stroke, and I tried to see what it was ...
(From Amadi): (shadowlanguage?) There you are, half by half, there you're not. You're all bits and pieces, are you not? Do the pieces fit together? If one is lost, what happens then? If one piece of the puzzle doesn't fit with its sibling...
Apheori (GM): She's not breathing or anything.
Rhu steps out of Radek's way, still mumbling nervously to himself
(From Amadi): And if one piece is lost, what will happen to the whole...?
(To Amadi): This isn't it. This wasn't. The pieces hungered, the bits were lost. The puzzle
Ganelon: I'll use an infusion on her.
(To Amadi): 's gone, the world. The mouse knows. Do you know? Where. No. You can't know. Nobody can know. Nothing nobody. This is it. You are here. Well is welllll.
Rhu mumbles a prayer to Hazz'ridan
Ellemerr: If it's any consolation, if she keeps being dead it was my fault.
Frezak (GM): Epinephrine spike!
Apheori (GM): Do it.
Ganelon: They wake up dying unconscious people just like all other heal abilities.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
9
)
+8
=
17
Ganelon: And if she's at negative HP, it becomes her surge value +2.
Frezak (GM): Except she'd wake up with Radek over her face.
And maybe choose to go back to being dead.
Amadi mutters, "All is well, and those who know cannot be."
Gaurav: Frezak: The city of the dead is full of sphnixes. Sphinxes EVERYWHERE
(To Rhu): You didn't kill her. You couldn't.
(To Rhu): She and Amadi are mirrors, keys. Guard them. They will see you through.
Ganelon: That's a risk we must take.
Gaurav: If I died and went there, I'd probably kiss Radek when I got back.
Ganelon: Also, more likely she'd just have a face full of beard.
The sphinx walks out of the shadows and approaches Amadi.
Ganelon: It's longer than I am tall.
Apheori (GM): XD
Frezak (GM): I HAVE PASSED DEATH
INTO THE CLOUDS
Apheori (GM): Quite the beard.
Frezak (GM): EW.
Amadi: There you are. I was just going to try to find you.
Frezak (GM): THESE CLOUDS SMELL.
Rhu looks over Radek's shoulder
The sphinx jumps onto Amadi's lab and hisses something about stories.
Rhu: Any luck?
Amadi: If you ate the mouse's story, could you give any of it back? Stuff pieces in a hairball?
Apheori (GM): What does a surge do?
The sphinx: The pieces are there. The words... I can give a story same as take. A smaller one. For words.
Amadi: I think we need a... a bezoar. From the belly.
For the poison.
Ganelon: It restores HP. Your surge value is 1/4 your max HP, rounded down.
The sphinx: Poison.
Ganelon: But that's mechanics. Basically, this heals her and should wake her up if there's anything wrong.
The sphinx: Okay, she wakes up.
Apheori (GM): Oops.
Anyway, she wakes up.
Gaurav: Are we going to have to bezoar this?
Apheori (GM): But she's still not breathing.
Rhu: Oh THANK GOD
Gaurav: huh?
Frezak (GM): Shit.
UNDEAD.
RHUUUUU
Amadi: brb
Dave: What?
Ganelon: While Rhu is distracted I rob him of two healing surges.
(If his player will allow this)
Frezak (GM): You sure?
I have... 13.
I am made of solid surges.
Ganelon: Well it's not like we can't heal him with yours if he runs out.
Artificer healing is weird!
Gaurav: Oh, he's HORRIBLY distracted. His passive perception is 22, though, so you might have to be sneaky
Apheori (GM): So Dave's just lying there staring weakly up at Radek.
Probably because of the beard.
Rhu: (to Dave) Hey! You okay?
Apheori (GM): I don't think she fully grasped its... extent before.
Gaurav: Does she actually grasp its extent?
Apheori (GM): I doubt it.
Ganelon: Good.
Radek: She's still dead.
Rhu: No, she isn't. Look at her!
She's still a bit out of it, yes ...
Ellemerr: Right. I should be back. Sorry about that, my keyboard died. I'm sure nobody missed me.
Dave tries to sit up and grabs Radek's beard by accident.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx didn't notice.
Rhu: Hazz'ridan said she was a key or a mirror, I'm not sure which. But she's important. As is ... Amadi? I think he meant that one (indicates Amadi)
We're supposed to guard them. Which I suppose involves not killing them. (mumbles) Sorry about that.
Radek: Hey!
Rhu unconsciously makes a hand-washing gesture with his hands
Radek: Hands off the hair. I'm not a ladder.
The Gravedigger: That's true.
He's not a ladder.
I have seen ladders.
And they don't look like grumpy old men.
Dave: Sorry, love.
Radek: I'm not /that/ either.
Dave falls back and stares at the ceiling like it's utterly fascinating.
Greibel: Cheer up, grumpy old love
The Gravedigger: Yes you are.
Ganelon: She's still not breathing?
Greibel smirks
(From Amadi): (in sphinx-head) They don't want you to eat the mouse's story. They won't like it if you do.
The Gravedigger: You lovable grumpy old man, you.
Apheori (GM): Only enough to form words.
Other than that, no.
Ganelon: Does she have... a pulse?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Ellemerr: Did anyone check if she did before?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
The Gravedigger: SO, we going now?
Gaurav: Does Rhu notice that she's now undead? On the one hand, she's sitting up and talking, and seems sensible enough. But Rhu has some experience with the undead.
Apheori (GM): Well, actually, neither Rhu nor Radek noticed it not being there.
Before.
But she was having some kind of stroke.
What kinds of undead would he have experience with?
Ganelon: When you say experience...
Apheori (GM): XD
Gaurav: Gan: shut your face
Ganelon: Do you mean "read it on the internet" experience?
Frezak (GM): I thought there weren't undead where we came from?
Ellemerr: Tell me when you want the end. I'll see what I can get from the...
Ellemerr pats the sphinx and goes back into the room.
Ganelon: Oh, come on. I'm not needling for THAT kind.
Frezak (GM): LIke, since a super long time?
Gaurav: I dunno. I kind of imagine that there are minor undead outbreaks, which is why Avengers even have powers targetting undead?
Apheori (GM): Right.
They do sometimes come up, but only... very specific kinds. Not zombies.
Amadi pokes the glass of the tank of the Mouseforged.
Frezak (GM): Rhu back home:
"ONE DAY they will COME! And I'll be READY! I'll show them! They said I was MAD!"
Gaurav: Maybe he's only fought skeletons so far?
Ellemerr: And that previous thing was also IC.
Apheori (GM): There was a kind of engineered vampire that became popular for awhile, for instance.
Greibel: (To Amadi) Care to give it a try? I only seem to be conveying vague emotions at the moment.
Ganelon: Was it a pea?
Apheori (GM): Skeletons might happen sometimes with too many teenagers around.
The sphinx follows Amadi.
Gaurav: Is undeadness like a disease which breaks out, or is there always someone who has to animate the undead?
Dave: Gravedigger, would you help me up please?
Gaurav: breaks out by itself
Amadi: (to Mouseforged) Do you even know what you know? You should tell the Keeper. You're much better off telling the Keeper.
Frezak (GM): I LIFT HER
With manly arms.
Well.
Elfy arms, technically.
Mouseforged asks Greibel if it wants the it.
Gaurav: I've never met an elf who didn't want the it.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You wind up picking her up well off the ground and realise half her weight seems to be chainmail.
Greibel: I, um...yes. Yes, I certainly do want the it. That is if you're willing to part with....it.
The Gravedigger: You're super light.
Some kind of diet?
Apheori (GM): Her wings dangle somewhat uselessly.
Dave: I don't think so?
Frezak (GM): Does she LOOK undernourished?
Mouseforged tells Greibel about large spaces, with noises and hunters and food.
Ganelon: I'm pretty sure that's not it.
Mouseforged then tells Greibel about the silence, the noise, and the smell. The dangerous feelings. The air that hunted. The death.
Ganelon: Radek's undernourished and you would still need to put in some kind of effort to pick him up.
Amadi looks at the Mouseforged with hungry eyes.
Mouseforged then talks about the silence. The dead food. The dead hunters. The no space in the large spaces.
Frezak (GM): Hey, Gravy isn't a doctor.
Apheori (GM): She doesn't look malnourished.
Greibel: Right. Of course. It's okay, the death is over now. You've been given new life. You can be something more.
Frezak (GM): Technically, he's an underdtaker.
*undertaker
Mouseforged: Hunter?
Ganelon: Griebel seems pretty okay with the whole "animal soul in a machine" thing.
Amadi says in something almost less than a whisper, "Don't be giving it ideas..."
Frezak (GM): Well, the animal soul was preserved...
The sphinx: Prey.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel's frustrated with Radek for messing with the balance of nature and science that way, but he understands his motivations
Ganelon: He does?
Amadi strokes the sphinx and purrs. Genuinely.
Apheori (GM): Isn't Greibel's wisdom through the roof?
Ganelon: Or does he just think it was to be nice and save a formerly-living mouse's life?
The sphinx purrs in tandem.
Frezak (GM): Radeks motivations are science.
Ganelon: Exactly!
Frezak (GM): Gravy pushed it on Radek because HE wanted Mr.Mousie back.
Ganelon: I did it for PROGRESS!
Also to show off. Maybe. A bit.
Bear Soup Guy: He does allow some leeway because it did save the mouse's soul, and also he's intrigued by the whole affair
Gaurav: Should humans even be able to purr?
Dave: (to Gravy) You know, you're very tall.
Ellemerr: They really shouldn't.
Bear Soup Guy: He's still making up his mind about whether it's ethical or not, and he figures Radek is the guy to find out since he has the know-how
The Gravedigger: Healthy living.
Apheori (GM): Also, as a general note, the chainmail didn't have wing holes. She just put it on over her wings.
Ganelon: So when it said "hunter", was it in a language we could all understand?
Apheori (GM): Radek may or may not notice how strange it looks.
Ganelon: Fixing that would take time.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx used the same language as Greibel.
Ellemerr: He means the mouse.
Forged.
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
Ganelon: Actually it might even take skills he doesn't have to make holes in the chainmail.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx said the opposite.
Nobody understood the mouse except Greibel and maybe Amadi.
Ganelon: Alright.
Ellemerr: Maybe the sphinx, too.
Apheori (GM): Maybe.
Gaurav: There isn't any way the Mouseforged might remember what the Warforged was up to back before it was Moused, is there?
Apheori (GM): Unlikely.
Ganelon: I don't think so.
It's just a shell.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx could eat it and find out, though.
But only Amadi knows that and she don't want it.
Ellemerr: Well, that's not quite it, either.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Ellemerr: But she has been keeping it from it.
Apheori (GM): I oversimplify.
Ellemerr: I know.
Apheori (GM): Is Gravedigger still holding Dave?
Frezak (GM): No, I let her go.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Dave: Am I dead?
Amadi yawns, without breaking off the purring, and says to Greibel in a tired voice, "Knowledge is hard. It's difficult. Holes are simple. Sometimes when you get knowledge, you don't use it to plug your holes, because it's scary. But you... you should... at least consider. Probably. I think."
Gaurav: I honestly have no idea why Rhu is up to, so let's just say he's praying to Hazz'ridan in thankgiving for bringing Dave back from the dead.
Radek: From a medical perspective, yes.
Dave: But that should only work for a few minutes at most.
Greibel: (To Amadi) I feel like you know more than you appear to. I'd like to learn from you but that's proving rather difficult.
Apheori (GM): XD
Ganelon: He's not talking about the medicine, he's saying that a doctor would declare her dead
Amadi: Well... maybe in time... maybe when it doesn't leak out... maybe when I'm... someone else.
Greibel: Fair enough
Greibel goes back to speaking with the mouse
Amadi saunters tiredly over to Dave, her purring dying away. "I'm glad you're not a missing piece, even if you are so full of holes." Then she gives Dawn a little hug and falls asleep on her chest and disappears.
Apheori (GM): She may be talking about something else, then.
Dave pauses for a bit, and then just says, 'Okay'.
Ellemerr: Or on her shoulder. Whatever's convinient.
Apheori (GM): SHE'S LEARNING.
Ellemerr: I'm a dreadful teacher. And I claim no further responsibilities for the sphinx.
The sphinx tries to squeeze past Greibel and stares at the mouseforged.
Ellemerr: Also, goodnight and sweet nightmares and good games.
Radek: That's the spirit. Just stop listening to lunatics and I guarantee you'll feel better for it.
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Ellemerr!
Apheori (GM): Sweet nightmares.
Gaurav: Good night, Ellemerr!
Radek: As for your current situation...
Dave: Yes?
Radek glances behind him, at the Mouseforged.
Dave looks as well.
The porridge suddenly hops onto Greibel's shoulder.
Radek: I could put you in that if your body's about to shut down.
Greibel looks back at Radek incredulously
Dave looks at it for a bit, then frowns at Radek.
Greibel: Oh, I see. So you'd put this creature through the torment and fear of this experience of being in this unknown and unfamiliar body, after having lived through death itself, and then you would just as quickly snatch away its sudden opportunity at a second life.
Dave: I think it already has. I'm not alive. I'm not dead, either.
Greibel: You graduated from Mad Scientist University, I presume
Radek: What? Don't be ridiculous.
I'd build a mouse body first!
Dave: This is my body. I'm not parting with it.
Radek: It would be a perfect opportunity to study the workings of a Warforged shell!
Dave: Even if I am some sort of zombie or something.
Greibel contemplates the mouseforged
(From Ellemerr): That's my Dawn! Especially since we might need that body. Damn, leaving is hard. I'm doing it now I swear!
Dave: Am I a zombie?
Radek shrugs. "Suit yourself."
Greibel: I think it would prefer a mouse body, yes.
Dave tries to remember what she did to the skeletons, and then tries it on herself.
Gaurav: What did she do to the skeletons?
Apheori (GM): She sent out a burst of radiant energy that hurt them.
Gaurav: So she's attacking herself?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 10
(
10
)
+10
=
20
Ganelon: Radek wouldn't just /kick out/ the mouse soul.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Ganelon: That's not nearly deranged enough!
Apheori (GM): And I think she may have killed herself.
Frezak (GM): Again?
Apheori (GM): XD
Ganelon: He'd either try to put two souls in one body or build a second one.
Bear Soup Guy: I underestimated Radek's ingenuity =D
Greibel just sees Unethical Science Person
Frezak (GM): BUT RADEK IS UNETHICAL SCIENCE PERSON
Ganelon: He may or may not have graduated from Mad Scientist University, though.
Apheori (GM): RHU: What's your anti-unded power?
Ganelon: I do not deny this allegation.
Frezak (GM): It was one of those correspondence courses for mad scientists;
Bear Soup Guy: ^
Frezak (GM): because haveing a physical shcool would be bad.
Bear Soup Guy: He got a certificate
Gaurav: It's "abjure undead"
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Okay.
Gaurav: "You send a brilliant ray of radiant power at an undead foe, compelling it to stagger toward you."
Ganelon: Or just explode, apparently.
Frezak (GM): It's a radiant laser lasso.
Apheori (GM): So not quite what Dave did.
Gaurav: I think maybe all the Divine classes have special and unique anti-undead powers
Apheori (GM): So Dave almost killed herself again with a blast of radiant damage.
She falls over and says 'ow'.
The Gravedigger: Don't do that!
Rhu: Did you just attack yourself?
The Gravedigger: I don't hit myself with a shovel, you don't hit yourself with mystic lasers!
Dave gets up and says, "I had to try."
Dave: You've never hit yourself with a shovel?
The Gravedigger: No!
Why would I?
Dave: To learn.
But if you have already learned through less... painful methods, there would be no need.
I don't know what those are.
I think I'm a zombie.
The Gravedigger: I know what would happen!
It'd hurt!
IT'S A SHOVEL.
There's no mystery to shovels!
Dave: This wasn't a shovel.
The Gravedigger: It's a big bit of metal on a stick!
Well, yeah.
Greibel: Well, with the right drugs...
The Gravedigger: THere is that.
Dave: This... it's specifically for the undead. It doesn't harm the living.
The Gravedigger: Oh, yeah.
Let's all get crazy on drugs in a secret underground laboratory.
Rhu: Ah.
So you ARE undead?
Greibel: I thought you'd never ask!
Dave: So it would seem.
Apheori (GM): I love Greibel.
Greibel takes a toke for the dungeon master
The sphinx sits on the mouseforged's lap while Greible is distracted and stares intently at its 'face'.
Radek: Well, not to worry.
Rhu: Have you ... I hope this isn't a personal question, but ... have you ever been undead before?
Dave: Before what?
Frezak (GM): Robolap.
Rhu: Before now. Before you got here.
...
Back when you were in these tanks, I guess.
Which tank were you in?
Dave: I don't know. I don't remember.
Rhu nods
Rhu: There seems to be a lot of that going around
We need a plan. We could keep going, or we could camp here for the night.
Frezak (GM): How DID greibel get here?
Greibel: I'd love to camp next to all of these potentially-reanimatable corpses!
Radek: I need time to prepare these blueprints.
Greibel: I had a moment of great and powerful insight
Radek: Anywhere will suffice.
Greibel: And then I tripped on the doorway
Frezak (GM): Didn't he NOT teleport?
Rhu: Greibel: there's, like, one empty room in that corridor we came through. All the rest of them are filled with bones.
Frezak (GM): I didn't follow what he and sphinx were doing to get here.
Rhu: Dead bones, but better the potentially-reanimatable corpse you know ...
Frezak (GM): And we can just go down the hall to get back to the town.
Bear Soup Guy: We had Amadi with us first
We came in the door, went to a cat shrine, then I got insight and wandered around and got here
Rhu: We could go back to the teleporter and get back to that town with all the policemen
Dave slips out of the chainmail and leaves it in a heap on the floor.
Frezak (GM): The city of six million blustering guards.
Apheori (GM): What did you guys do with the stuff in the box
?
Gaurav: Frezak: that's unfair, there was also a philosopher with a pigeon on his head
Rhu: None of that stuff's any use to me. I think we should leave it here, and come back for it if we need it.
Ganelon: Well, I have a rod.
Radek: If it's magical, I can /make/ it useful.
Ganelon: The longsword will be handy, this I guarantee.
Apheori (GM): Where is the sword?
And the books.
Ganelon: I think Gravy has the sword?
Frezak (GM): I don't think I took it out.
Radek examined it.
Ganelon: Well, I guess he can take that too.
Someone else will have to deal with the books. He doesn't have time for rigorous study this night.
Frezak (GM): So is that Dave's HP at... 2?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
And she wants the sword.
Frezak (GM): HINT HINT, HEALER.
Damn.
KILL HER
TAKE THE LOOT
Apheori (GM): Naw, she'll get better.
Unless you kill her.
Ganelon: I don't kill her.
And if she can actually use the sword, she's welcome to have it.
Frezak (GM): Fine.
Apheori (GM): Well, that remains to be seen.
Frezak (GM) grumbles.
Gaurav: Rhu has the shiny light-eating dagger
Ganelon grumbles in tandem.
Apheori (GM): Since apparently she can't use armour either. >.<
Frezak (GM): Remind me what was in the books.
Ganelon: What's her class?
Apheori (GM): Invoker.
Gaurav: I tried to read them but couldn't. THey were in Deresi.
Frezak (GM): What language is Deresi?
Gaurav: them -> the books
Apheori (GM): No, no, you could read them. One was in deresi.
Frezak (GM): As in, from where,
Apheori (GM): Another was full of weird ritual stuff.
Gaurav: "The deresi people aren't very well-liked, beyond being like the common understanding of gypsies you don't really know anything about it. "
Ganelon: Oh yeah, a sword won't do an Invoker any good unless they're an oddball who takes feats for weapon-implement proficiency.
Apheori (GM): One seemed to be a catalogue of grain harvesters.
Frezak (GM): What PLANET are deresi from?
Apheori (GM): You don't know.
Frezak (GM): Ritual book?
Apheori (GM): She's got the feat. Don't ask why or how
Gaurav: If they're gypsy-like, the popular perception would be that they end up everywhere maybe.
Frezak (GM): I can at least look through it to see if there's anything usable.
Across HOLES?
Apheori (GM): But having a feat and actually being able to use it to any effectare completely different things.
Ganelon: If you say so.
Apheori (GM): MAYBE. MAYBE NOT.
Frezak (GM): Technically, she could 'wield' it.
Ganelon: If she proves unable to use it, I'll touch the thing and it will EXPLODE INTO MAGIC DUST
Frezak (GM): DUSSSSST
Rhu: Let me do a perception check on the books to see if anything jumps out. Otherwise, meh. We can come get them later if we need to.
Apheori (GM): ...one of them is a ritual book. You want that.
>.>
Ganelon: Oooh
Frezak (GM): I don't suppose I could use Gravyvision to speed-read them.
Ganelon: What's the ritual?
Gaurav: I wonder what the effect of crit failing a perception check on a book would be.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12
(
18
)
+12
=
30
Apheori (GM): I forgot.
>.>
Ganelon: ...
Can... can I choose?
Gaurav: I don't want a ritual book. I can't do rituals.
YES
Apheori (GM): What would make sense?
Gaurav: Choose wisely
Ganelon: Give me a theme.
Apheori (GM): My main problem is I have no idea what rituals any of you could necessarily do.
Ganelon: Radek can do all of the non-religion ones.
Apheori (GM): For instance it'd be hilarious to give Amadi something but I have no idea what she can do...
Ganelon: He was built for this sort of thing.
Frezak (GM): I'm helpful because I can't do magic.
Gaurav: Can't druids do rituals? There's a ritual for talking to animals in PHB1 I think.
Ganelon: I took feats just for alchemy and ritual casting. Only one was free.
There are nature rituals.
Bear Soup Guy: Isn't that Animal Messenger?
Because I have that
Ganelon: I don't recall a "speak to animals" one, but Animal Messenger is a thing, yes.
Gaurav: oh right that's what I meant
Ganelon: Now, what I would *like* is Transfer Enchantment since it would let me do stuff like put a +1 on, say, a dagger, and move that to Gravy's shovel. For cheap.
Apheori (GM): It's water walking.
Ganelon: But I was actually planning to shop for such a thing.
Not just find it.
Bear Soup Guy: Of course it's water walking
Dave wonders why anyone would need a ritual to walk on water.
Gaurav: Founding religions
Frezak (GM): You'd best be buffing Greibel's Bong implement.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: I totally will if I can get a +1 thing to transfer the enchant over from.
Otherwise, resources are sparse. I could make a thing +1 but that's about it.
Gaurav: Wasn't there something magical in the chest?
Ganelon: Two things - a sword and a rod.
Apheori (GM): Wait, dammit, that wasn't the water walking one.
Ganelon: I don't know what the rod does.
Apheori (GM): Can I take that back?
Ganelon: I don't mind.
Frezak (GM): ROD OF CAVERNOUS EXPLORATION
It's a maglite.
Ganelon: It will be DUST!
Gaurav: There's a ritual in PHB2 called "Glib Limerick"
And "Pyrotechnics"
Ganelon: Oh yes.
The latter makes fireworks.
Gaurav: "Tree shape"?
Turn into a tree
Apheori (GM): THIS ONE was the floating disk one.
Frezak (GM): If you pick excavation, it's PVP time.
Gaurav: hehe
Apheori (GM): The ritual.
Gaurav: Tenser's
Ganelon: Ooh, nice.
I don't have that one.
Dave takes the sword and puts it on, then looks around for her staff, finds it, reshapes it slightly into more of a can, and then strikes a bit of a pose with it.
Apheori (GM): a cane*
Dave: This is right.
Rhu: It suits you.
If we get moving now, do you think Mr. Mousie can come with us?
Or is the cat not going to let him out of his tank?
Greibel: I think only the cat knows the answer to that
The Gravedigger: Well, at least he can't starve now.
Greibel glares at the sphinx
Dave: Would he starve?
Radek: Never. The Warforged require neither food nor sleep to remain operational.
The Gravedigger: He's probably go even more mad.
Left alone, undying, in the dark.
Dave: Do you?
The Gravedigger: I...
Might want to stay with him.
Rhu: Now that you mention it, I am getting a bit peckish.
Dave: There's a piece of cheese if you want it.
Dave holds up the mouldy hunk of cheese.
Rhu: ... er, no, thanks.
It's a little, err
Off
Dave: Is it?
Okay.
Rhu: It'll make you sick
And you seem pretty sick already
Dave sniffs it.
Gaurav: Is there any food in the Adventurer's Kit?
Frezak (GM): SHould be.
Dave eats the cheese.
Rhu: Ew.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
I'll just see if she pukes.
If not, well.
Rhu: On the plus side, at least it can't kill her. Probably.
Rhu steps away from her anyway
Rhu: So: move on or set up camp?
The Gravedigger: Probably?
Radiant cheese?
I'd... rather not leave Mousie on his own like this.
Rhu: She died and then ... undied. Maybe she'll redie? Who knows?
Death is the strangest of dead ends.
The Gravedigger: Clearly it isn't much a dead end if people plough through it.
Rhu: One person's dead end may be another person's open doorway. But they must not forget that their own dead end is waiting for them.
The Gravedigger: Uh-huh.
Rhu: I think it makes sense to set up camp. Maybe Mousie will be calmer in the morning. Maybe Dave will be feeling better. Or, after that cheese, considerably worse.
Dave: Whaaah.
Rhu: Maybe the cat will eat us all and we won't need to close the holes after all.
The Gravedigger: Maybe we'll get murdered by the cat.
Dave: That was strong.
Greibel: Right. I don't think we should be moving at the moment.
Dave pockets some other stuff out of the chest, including the rest of the books.
Greibel: We need to rest, and I refuse to leave Radek's abomination behind to fend for itself.
Radek scoffs.
Rhu: (to Dave) Thanks! I'd take the books, but I'm already carrying around no end of odds and e