Holes/Session 9/raw

From Zaori
Apheori (GM): So y'all are in a roofless farmhouse or some such. Radek just demagicked a thingy and let a ghost go.
And I am awake.
Frezak (GM): So what are we about to enter this town /for/ ?
(From Ellemerr): Am I present?
Apheori (GM): It's a much bigger thing, a city by the coast, possibly something of a trading hub, though hell if I know if any of you would realise that.
Gaurav: Awakedness is overrated.
After two days of hanging out in a village, *any* city would seem pretty big and impressive to us I think.
Apheori (GM): This would be a place to go to try to get more information - from folks such as wizards, priests, or madmen on the streets, or possibly even more. There may be more.
Gaurav: Did we land CAR? Or is it still hovering in mid-air about the ghost?
Apheori (GM): Car is landed in the house.
The ghost is gone. Radek let it go.
Gaurav: The recently re-departed.
Apheori (GM): The others may still be sitting in the car, but Radek and Amadi are by the door.
To the house.
On the ground.
Gaurav: Frezak: I think we just got tired of the village and the tree mostly :P But also we're hoping to (1) get off of this planet, (2) figure out what this planet is named, (3) report our Sarathi findings to HQ and find out what the latest is, (4) figure out what time and place we've arrived at and if the Sarathi quest even makes sense any more
(To Ellemerr): Amadi doesn't remember who anyone is and is basically acting bemused and interested, like everything is curious and new. She has also been flirting with the others for some reason. You can continue that or not if you'd like.
Gaurav: DM: ah! for some reason, I thought both had leaped from a flying car in their quest for ghostly justice. I like your version better. Fewer broken bones.
Ganelon: I would never do something as reckless as rely on my ability to survive a fall.
Of any significant distance.
Apheori (GM): Anything more than, oh, 15cm?
Rhu turns off CAR, locks it, takes the keys out of the ignition &c.
Apheori (GM): I just found an octopus beak in my sandwich.
Ganelon: Anything greater than the length from my feet to my knees, more like.
Rhu: DM: make a wish!
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: Gan: phew. I was a little worried that the first large step we discovered might knock you out of commission.
Apheori (GM): >.>
(From Ellemerr): I like that she forgets who people are. Because I do too.
Apheori (GM): Heheh, indeed.
Ghah, wrong window.
(To Ellemerr): Er, that was to you.
Ellemerr: It happens.
Frezak (GM): Sooooo.
(From Ellemerr): For me? Really? I shall cherish it forever.
Frezak (GM): Off to town we go?
Apheori (GM): Off! I hope.
Rhu: Yes. Civilization! Paved streets! Internet access! I can't wait.
Frezak (GM): Let's go be friendly.
Ganelon: Internet access. Pff, sure.
Apheori (GM): It's about a five minute walk to the road, and from there not much further to the city. A guy passes you all on a horse on the way in, but he's in too much of a hurry to acknowledge you.
Two guards stand by the gate and give you strange looks, but don't say or do anything else.
Rhu mutters "egotistical city person, thinks he's too good for everybody ..."
Frezak (GM): Someone eloquent and non-monstrous should ask them what the town is called >.>
Apheori (GM): Like Amadi?
Gaurav: Do they not react to Gravy?
Ganelon: Look at our party and tell me if that's an even slightly reasonable expectation to have.
Apheori (GM): They give him weird looks.
Frezak (GM): Rave: would YOU fuck with Gravy?
Ellemerr: You could ask Amadi to ask, but I do not promise you any eloquence.
Frezak (GM): "Hey, you, giant horned muscly guy. Don't.... uh... nevermind."
Rhu is the most normal person here.
Comparatively.
Apheori (GM): XD
Frezak (GM): Since it's not obvious he talks to people that aren't there.
Gaurav: The villagers seemed to not know what he was; Im wondering if the city has had horned visitors before/regulaly
Rhu: (to guards) Hello! Do you know where we are?
Frezak (GM): Town guards better know where and what their city is >.>
Apheori (GM): From their reactions, it appears they don't normally see quite this, but they're also not entirely put off by it...
Guard: No! I have no idea!
Amadi mutters to herself, "I know where we are."
Guard backs away slightly.
Guard looks at his companion suspiciously.
Rhu: Ah, well. Same here, I suppose. Is there a good inn in town?
Apheori (GM): Hmm, maybe I should differentiate between the guards.
Ellemerr: Guard and Guard companion? xD
Gaurav: Casimir and Pulaski
Other guard rolls his eyes and says, "Yeah, there's a few."
Frezak (GM): Hebert and Hebret.
Other guard: This is Coffle, by the way.
Seat of Deslan.
Which I'm sure you've never heard of.
Frezak (GM): GUYS
GUYS GUYS GUYS
LOOK FOR A LAMP-POST
Guard: Ugh, more?
Frezak (GM): I WANT SOME TURKISH DELIGHT
Apheori (GM): What.
Rhu: Pleased to meet you, Seat of Deslan. My name is Rhu, and I am a servant of Hazz'ridan the Magnificent. My companions and I are from normal places via Sarathi, which is full of holes.
Ellemerr: I want summer, not winter. And pizza.
Radek: Well, I'm sure you've never heard of electrical power, so perhaps we can both be disappointed.
Amadi chimes in, "I'm not from there. I'm from elsewhere."
Apheori (GM): There are lamp posts! The lamps appear to be somewhat advanced - either magical or electrical.
Guard groans and leaves.
Ganelon: Huh.
Well they don't have flying cars.
Rhu watches the guard walk away
Other guard: Coffle is the seat of the country. Deslan is the country
Ignore him. He's tired of visitors... like you.
Rhu: Oh! My apologies.
Why so? Have there been a lot of visitors lately?
Greibel: Why does a country need to sit down?
Other guard: Not so many. Just enough to try the nerves with these questions.
The Gravedigger mutters. "Hrmph. Visitors have a choice."
Other guard: Each time, always the same. 'How do I get home?' 'Where is this?' 'Do you have a gate?' 'Excuse me, but where'ś the terminal?'
Amadi: Questions are important. You shouldn't... should... Questions. Ask questions.
Radek: Oh? Interesting.
Amadi: What time is it?!
Other guard: We actually did have a gate, you know. Went down shortly before you lot started coming in. Fancy that.
Amadi fidgets.
Rhu: When did "we lot" start coming in?
And, err
Other guard: 20 to seven, my lady.
Amadi: Oh.
Rhu: where _is_ the terminal? Do you have a satellite uplink around these parts?
Gaurav: Amadi: time to get a new watch
Amadi turns from the guard, sullenly.
The Gravedigger: They don't have one.
Wrong world.
Apheori (GM): Did I ever say when the cataclysm was?
It was around then. 3 years?
I dunno.
The Gravedigger: We're at the other end of the cosmic drain.
Radek: Does that mean you've never encountered outsiders who seemed... less than educated?
Other guard: Woah, slow down, will you?
This was about three years ago, and if I even KNEW what a terminal was...
Satellite, now there's a new one.
Gaurav: DM: yup, three years! Although I've just realized we don't know what a "year" is on this planet. I wouldn't expect these hicks to use standard galactic time.
Other guard: 'Less than educated'? You could work for the council.
It's like some had lost their minds, others never even had them...
Radek: Not surprising.
Other guard: Why, we got a guy just last week who seemed convinced he was a dog. Mighty hairy, too.
Maybe he was a dog!
Rhu: Any cats?
Amadi mutters to herself, "Tastes like burning. Minds wandering off, answers without questions... There's the taste. Burnt. Cut off the tongue."
Other guard: My lady, are you quite okay?
Amadi turns her head to the guard, asks dryly, "Are you?" and turns back.
Radek: Would you say that you've never seen someone like us who was impressed by whatever passes for high technology in this, er... "city"?
Other guard: Hah.
High technology? And what might that be?
(To Rhu): Mind the present. There's something here.
Frezak (GM): I want to ask them about Ambaric power :P
Radek: How should I know what you consider advanced? I arrived here yesterday.
(To Rhu): (if that even worked. Can gods whisper?)
Other guard: And I'm a guard, not a technologist.
They pay me to look pretty and drink.
Rhu looks around
Rhu: Who said that?
Radek sighs. "Do they all ask about 'terminals' and 'computers'?"
(To Rhu): You know. You have always known.
Other guard: Some.
Radek: And the others?
Rhu looks astonished, and his eye go wide
Other guard: Quite a few on about 'proxies' and 'avatars', too.
Amadi: (to Rhu) Voice. Did you ask a question?
Rhu: What? Sorry? No. Yes. Hang on.
Other guard: Usually it's just home or passages.
Rhu: I think I just heard Hazz'ridan's voice inside my head.
He said "Mind the present. There's something here."
Rhu looks at Othor Guard again
Rhu: He must mean you
(To Amadi): Mortals... useless, the lot of them.
Amadi: I can hang. Swing. Ropes and ladders and air and dancing.
Amadi giggles.
Amadi: But they're fun!
Rhu: Tell us more about yourself, Sir ... ? Are you a native of this town?
Amadi: Wouldn't be half so fun if they knew everything. Questions are... answers. Important.
(To Amadi): Try not to have too much fun with these, dear sister.
(From Ellemerr): Did Ama use another name for Hazz, or is my memory screwed again=
(To Ellemerr): Called him Hazz, but she might call him all sorts of things. Folks here call him Vitoi, elsewhere he's... other things...
Ellemerr: It's not my fault! I... was dreaming... Now I'm here.
Amadi: It's not my fault! I... was dreaming... Now I'm here.
Rhu does a perception check of the area to see if we've missed something apart from the gate and the guard.
Other guard: No, I'm a native of the moon.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12
(
13
)
+12
=
25
Other guard looks at Rhu suspiciously.
(From Ellemerr): 'Twas Vitoi I was thinking of. Thanks.
Rhu: (not really paying attention, since he's distracted by his search) Mmhmm, is that right? Which moon would that be?
Apheori (GM): You've missed mostly just the rest of the city/town. Some folks are watching, others doing... city folk things. there's a guy with a pigeon on his head standing in the middle of he road further down.
Other guard: Brains, you heard of them?
Greibel: Ouch. Burn!
Rhu keeps looking around, although every once in a while his eyes drift back to the pigeon man.
The Gravedigger: Excuse him.
He's a little insane and people can live on moons where we come from.
Is there anyone that can tell us about the Cataclysm?
Scholars or magisters?
Rhu: Ah, yes. What? Sorry? Oh. Not right now, please. Yes, you're clearly not who Hazz'ridan is talking about. Thank you all the same.
Amadi: Shouldn't live on moons. Bad dreams.
Other guard looks up at Gravy, startles slightly, and then nods gratefully.
Other guard: You can try the temples, or the College. Philosophers might know more, but they're generally pretty... well...
Other guard looks at the guy with the pigeon on his head.
Other guard: Loony?
Amadi: Asking questions. Always. Nothing good can come of it. Knowledge is bad for you.
Other guard: There's also Nadrine - a newcomer like yourselves, who speaks of wayfarers and rarely makes much sense.
But she's still alive, if you want to give her a try.
The Gravedigger: Thanks.
Frezak (GM): College, philosphers or yet another crazy lady?
Rhu: (to Amadi, not taking his eyes off pigeon man) Knowledge is good for you. An unknown path is just a road. You can't discover the dead end until you know the whole road.
(To Amadi): God addled.
Gaurav: I am a fan of crazy ladies, but I understand I might be in a minority here.
Other guard nods and turns to yell at the guy with the pigeon on his head, who runs off.
Ellemerr: You're not. Trust me on this one.
I'm less certain of the characters, though.
Amadi shakes her head sadly at Rhu.
Radek: We have a diverse selection of madmen at our disposal. Of what consequence is another to add to our collection?
Amadi: You don't know. Be glad.
Apheori (GM): A pigeon lands on Greibel's head.
Rhu shouts at the fleeing pigeon man: "WAIT!"
Greibel looks up cautiously
Greibel: PIGEON HEAD! YEAH!
The pigeon leans foward.
The pigeon pecks at the porridge.
Greibel strokes its beak
Greibel: Hey now, you guys play nice.
Radek: You're not turning me off knowledge, girl.
Just the company of lunatics.
The porridge opens up and eats the pigeon.
Greibel: Hmmm....
Hungry little fella
Frezak (GM): NO surprise there.
Amadi gives the porridge a smile. "Tastes like burning."
Pigeon philosopher runs into an alley.
Rhu: I think we should go after that guy!
The Gravedigger shrugs.
The Gravedigger: Then you better get running.
The porridge beams at Amadi without eyes.
Rhu: Okay. Don't leave without me!
Rhu takes off after the pigeon guy
Apheori (GM): Rhu follows the guy into an alley and finds that he's cornered.
The guy, that is.
Gaurav: yay! so often it is the other way around.
Apheori (GM): He's standing at the end staring at a dead end.
Ganelon: Aw, and we were so close to him getting ambushed by thugs.
Gaurav: WOAH
Apheori (GM): More pigeons are landing around him.
Rhu: ... excuse me?
Apheori (GM): It's a bit dark because the buildings are pretty close together.
Rhu: Sir?
Apheori (GM): The guy doesn't respond. Then a pigeon lands on Rhu's head as well.
Pigeon philosopher screams, "HEAD PIGEONS!" and starts trying to claw through the wall.
Amadi frowns, and nods to Greibel and the bit of food on his shoulder. "Your friend has the gist of it, you know."
Rhu: Excuse me. I ... I think you might be important to my ques-- hey!
GUYS! A LITTLE HELP HERE!
Rhu tries to restrain pigeon guy
Guard pushes past Rhu and grabs the guy, pulling him away from the wall.
Guard: Again, Freidel? Really?
You know the mushrooms aren't good for you...
Rhu: Hey! Be gentle! He's ... important!
Guard: Sure, sure, he is. He's also due for a nice lie in the dungeons to sleep it all off.
Guard pulls the guy past Rhu.
The porridge jiggles.
Rhu: Where are the dungeons?
What's his name?
Who are you?
Guard ignores Rhu and heads off, half pulling, half-dragging the guy.
Pigeon philosopher mumbles about pidgeons and holes and the nature of spinach.
Greibel: Pigeon head guy!
Shame, we had so much in common
Pigeon philosopher: Waffle head moose!
Rhu: Holes! He said holes! Something about holes!
Pigeon philosopher waves at Greibel.
Greibel smiles
Pigeon philosopher: Ooooo, that sky. What a sky. What a...
Rhu follows the guard/pigeon guy combo to the end of the street and sees which direction they head off in.
Apheori (GM): At this point you could follow the guard/stoned guy or ignore them.
Amadi yawns.
Frezak (GM): I doubt he's going anywhere.
College?
We might someone that doesn't talk to people who aren't there or rant about spinach for no reason.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You now know where the guardhouse is (dungeon in the basement).
Rhu: I think we should follow the guy! I think he's important!
The porridge gurgles.
Amadi: He had head-pigeons. If I gave advices I'd... flowers? Why isn't this a dream?
Frezak (GM): So we're gonna follow voices in your head?
The Gravedigger: So we're gonna follow voices in your head?
Eh, whatever.
Let's go talk to the guy with pigeon-poop hair, then.
Frezak (GM): To the dungeons?
Rhu: To the dungeons!
Greibel: Espionage!
Radek: Surely this will be productive!
Radek grumbles.
Gaurav: To be fair, it probably makes more sense to wait and see if pigeon guy is a little saner later and head to hte college first. But Rhu has no impulse control.
Apheori (GM): Aiight, y'all head that way. Hawkers try to hawk random baubles and food and crap at you, a woman bumps into Radek and then hastily moves away with a quick 'excuse me!', and there are no cats.
Amadi frowns, watches the others going, turns to start in the other direction... And then comes along after all.
Frezak (GM): WAIT.
Preception on the lady that bumped into Radek.
Because thieves.
Activating Eagle Eyes.
rolling 1D20+20
(
19
)
+20
=
39
Ganelon: What's she going to steal, my chrome?
Frezak (GM): YOUR AMGIC SHIZZLE
Apheori (GM): Frezak: She put something in his bag.
Frezak (GM): *magic stuffs.
Ganelon: Actually I'm not even sure how I store crap.
Apheori (GM): It got a bunch of silver coated on it, though.
Ganelon: I have a bag, sure, but is it also chrome?
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Gaurav: Your precious bodily fluids.
Frezak (GM): Gonna grab the woman.
RAIN WATER AND GRAIN ALCOHOL.
rolling 1D20+5
(
12
)
+5
=
17
Greibel begins haggling with a merchant for a weird used hat to put on the porridge
Apheori (GM): You grab the woman. She tries to twist away, then punches Gravy in the eye.
For basically no damage, but she's clearly annoyed.
The Gravedigger: Do that again and I'm gonna put this shovel to use.
Explain yourself.
The woman: What in the hells do you want?! Are you trying to get yourselves killed? Release me!
Radek: What's wrong?
The Gravedigger: She put something in your bag.
Check your stuff.
The woman: I did nothing! You clearly are ahead of yourself.
Ganelon: Sure, I'll check my stuff.
The woman: Now if you do not put me down...
Apheori (GM): It's a small package wrapped in paper.
And chrome.
But mostly paper.
You also realise the chrome is getting... thinner.
On you, and on it.
Amadi strolls slowly up to Gravy and the lady and proclaims with a wistful smile that "I think I'm ahead of myself... but I'll probably catch up someday."
Apheori (GM): Greibel: What do you even have to haggle with? Supposing this could get interesting...
The woman: What?
Bear Soup Guy: I have....herbs?
The woman stops struggling and stares at Amadi.
The woman: You...
No, this is impossible.
Bear Soup Guy: Rare nature herbs!
Apheori (GM): RAHB: He wants a hallucinogenic but doesn't want to call it that.
Bear Soup Guy: Are my rare herbs hallucinogenic?
Amadi narrows here eyes on the woman, staring long and hard. Finally she says, with utter certainty, "Apple pie."
Frezak (GM): WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: So what's in the package?
Also, damn. I'm running out of chrome and I have no idea how to get it back.
Other than walking through walls.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: Probably. He certainly seems to think so, though he won't say it, instead insisting on various euphamism...
s
The woman looks at Amadi for a long moment, and then said, finally, "Oh."
Greibel plays along with the various euphemisms
Greibel: You can definitely uh...become enriched and...enlightened by these, uh....materials. Man.
Amadi suddenly breaks out in uncontrollable giggles.
Apheori (GM): The guy becomes more insistent that these are not so extraordinary, and that there is utterly nothing wrong with wanting them.
Gaurav: Griebel: hehe. If the guy is being secretive about it, it might be illegal around these parts, keep an eye out for guards!
Bear Soup Guy: Probably but they seem to be having their fill with crazy people :)
Greibel: Yes, this is a transaction that may mutually benefit us.
Gaurav: BSG: fair point
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You finally manage to make the transaction after the man finally turns bright red with embarrassment, and hastily waves for you to go away, this never happened, shoo.
Bear Soup Guy: HAT GET
Greibel walks away, putting the hat lovingly atop Rasputin's non-head
Apheori (GM): Gravy and Greibel: You notice there's a woman with her hands on her hips staring at Greibel's... well, the guy he was dealing with... disappointedly.
Frezak (GM): I doubt that;
I'm still looking at the woman i'm grabbing.
Greibel: Hmmm
Frezak (GM): While I wait to see what Radek found.
Apheori (GM): You've got mad perception. You may not have noticed the context, but you saw here.
Bear Soup Guy: Well then
Ganelon: Yes, this is a thing I must be told.
Apheori (GM): Whereas Greibel saw here but may nto put it togethere.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah
Apheori (GM): Did you open the package?
Oh, that was what you found in your stuff.
I could have been clearer on that.
A small paper-wrapped package.
Oh, you did open it.
Sorry, too much stuff.
Apheori (GM): It contains... a rock.
Ganelon: No worries.
...An ordinary rock?
Apheori (GM): A round black one. Like a river rock. It has something carved into it.
(From Amadi): So... do I actually have any idea why the woman reacted to me? xD
Ganelon: A magic rune, perhaps?
I mean, it's either that or the image of a rubber duckling. Those are my guesses.
(To Amadi): At this point I don't even know why. Or what the rock is or what she wasdoing or anything. I mean, she probably recognised you as Eapherod, but... how or why, I have no idea.
Rhu looks at the rune to see if he can make any religious sense of it
Apheori (GM): Could be magic. Looks more like a symbol for something.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
11
)
+8
=
19
Apheori (GM): A stylised mask? Doesn't mean anything to you, though.
Radek: What's the meaning of this?
Ganelon: To the woman who put it there, of course.
The woman: It's a rock. Let me go!
Frezak (GM): I'll just lift her.
Legs dangling in the air.
And say nothing.
Apheori (GM): Some other folks have noticed this as well. But they're staying out of it. So far.
Radek: It's a rock you wrapped in paper and put in my bag.
Amadi stops giggling just long enough to look at the image, then breaks into even harder laughter.
Apheori (GM): The woman says nothing as well and just glares at Gravy.
Frezak (GM): Does anyone have a good intimidate?
Ganelon: I think we're all pretty thoroughly unlikable people.
At least as far as the stats are concerned.
Gaurav: +0. I couldn't scare a toad.
Ganelon: If the stats reflected things more accurately, Radek's charisma would not be as high as 10.
Frezak (GM): If I use Str for intimidate I'm still only +5.
Ganelon: Weird, considering who you are.
The Gravedigger: Listen.
I'm tired of all the crazy. my guys are either on drugs, talking to voices in their head, or talking gibberish.
So if I don't have some clear answers for once I'm gonna take it out on you.
The woman: That's great. Really.
But I don't have them.
Radek: Just because you're an uneducated rube doesn't mean I'm talking gibberish!
The Gravedigger: Shut it, Radek.
So you don't know why you put this.. whatever it is in his bag?
It just seemed like a good idea or a slug was controlling your mind?
The woman: If you would put me down, perhaps we can talk.
Or, if you would simply learn how to read...
Apheori (GM): Radek: The paper appears to have been a note, but it got wrecked.
The Gravedigger: You're clearly fully able to talk up here.
Start now or see what happens when I run out of patience.
The woman: You mean like you getting arrested, for one?
Ganelon: Wrecked to the point that it's impossible to read?
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna start walking out of town, still holding the woman up there.
Apheori (GM): A pair of guards have been watching, it seems, but given that all Gravy has done so far is pick the woman up, they haven't really done anything...
But now they start moving, drawing... sticks, apparently, from their holsters...
Frezak (GM): Sticks?
Apheori (GM): The note is illegible, yeah. The chrome wrecked it.
Rods.
Frezak (GM): Do they look like whacking rods or magic focus rods?
Apheori (GM): Probably magic.
A bit short for whacking, though it'd work.
Radek: This is absolutely illegible.
The Gravedigger: Don't mind me. Just doing your job for you.
Frezak (GM): That was directed at them.
The woman: Will you just put me down?
Apheori (GM): The guards hesitate slightly.
The Gravedigger: Nope, not interested anymore.
Frezak (GM): Gonna keep walking.
Dammit, I thought giant horned guys were scary.
Rhu: Maybe we should take this to a bar or somewhere. Somewhere less quiet but less threatening.
Apheori (GM): This is probably why they're only following at this point...
Rhu: May .. be .. the dungeons? There's a man I want to see about a pigeon.
The Gravedigger: I'm gonna need open space for this.
A nice big open patch of dirt...
Apheori (GM): Okay, how do you do an encounter in a street full of people?
Well, not encounter.
Battle-thing.
Fight. Blasting.
Lasers!
Ganelon: That's what 4E calls an encounter.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Okay.
Frezak (GM): Make a street.
Just.. draw some lines.
Ganelon: And you just... do it. People roll initiative, there are enemies. If there are obstacles, you'll want to draw them on the map layer.
I recommend using the "Draw Shape" tool since it makes nice boxes. Or circles.
Also, holding shift snaps them to the grid.
Ellemerr: Amadi has lay down on the street, laughing. She calms slowly, still shaking a little. And then she disappears.
And I'll brb.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Ganelon: Those boxes are not grid-aligned, but they are boxes.
You can also use the polygon/line tool to make... still-straight but non-box shapes.
Right click "finishes" the line.
Ctrl-z lets you undo steps in one.
If there are no meaningful obstacles, none of this is necessary.
Apheori (GM): Blargh.
Ganelon: Though this map size would make for a really big street.
Pfft, this is nothing. You should see all the nonsense I've drawn for my campaign.
Frezak has his pretty pictures while I just have lines.
Apheori (GM): I'm just too tired to sort it out.
Meh, nevermind.
Bear Soup Guy: IS IT TIME TO FIGHT GUARDS
Apheori (GM): Almost.
Bear Soup Guy: :D
Apheori (GM): They raise their weapons and point them at Radek.
Frezak (GM): What?
That doesn't make any sense >.>
Apheori (GM): You have a hostage.
Guard: Stop now.
Apheori (GM): Now they have one too.
Maybe.
Gaurav: Some hostage.
Ganelon: Ooh, big mistake. Nobody likes Radek.
The Gravedigger: Sure.
As soon as the lady says why she was messing with his stuff.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
The woman: Oh, for the light, will you all stop this!
Frezak (GM): The guards have just hired Greibel :p
Radek: What are those, wands?
Apheori (GM): Hired?
The woman: (to the guards) Put those away!
In the name of the Council of Ancients, I command you to stand down!
Apheori (GM): The guards hastily put their rods away.
Frezak (GM): Oh, great.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 history check to see if I know what a "Council of Ancients" is
(
3
)
+3
=
6
Bear Soup Guy: Rhu can't remember breakfast
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It makes you think of butter for some reason.
Frezak (GM): IT WAS PORRIDGE
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: "What did we have for breakfast?"
"Nutrients."
Rhu: What is a breakfast?
The woman: (to Gravy) I was delivering a message. A warning. I don't know what it is and I don't know why, butthat is what it is.
Now.
Put me down.
Frezak (GM): Long, drawn out sigh.
And I'll put her down.
Apheori (GM): Do you also let go?
Frezak (GM): yeah
Apheori (GM): She vanishes as soon as you do.
Ganelon: And on the first of February, 2014, Frezak experienced the joys of a healthy grab-based playstyle, if only for a few minutes.
Apheori (GM): The guards make warding gestures when this happens.
Ganelon: Except not really.
Rhu: (to guards, pointing at the space hitherto occupied by the woman) Does she do that often?
Ganelon: I assume you mean like, religious "lord protect me" warding gestures?
Apheori (GM): Looks like.
Ganelon: I'll approach a guard.
Guard: She was a mystic! They... do as they do.
Apheori (GM): There's a hole in my ankle.
A guard watches Radek.
Ganelon: That sounds like a terrible place for a hole to me.
Be*
Radek points at the guard's rod.
Radek: That's a weapon, right?
Who made it?
Guard: Rorik.
Or his sons.
Radek: Magical in nature?
Guard: Standard two-length quickshot.
Shoot magic. Does that make it magic?
Look, I'm sorry, okay?
It's your friend you should worry about.
Radek: No, no, I don't even care about that. Tell me where I can find this Rorik.
Apheori (GM): A pigeon lands on Radek's head.
Guard: Down Enth Street. There's a really big sign.
Ganelon: I'll grab at it, try to throw it off.
Guard: Between that and the odd explosions, you can't miss it.
Apheori (GM): The pigeon falls off on its own and hits the ground, ded.
dead
Rhu: Huh.
Don't touch it, it might be sick.
Radek: Blasted vermin.
The woman appears again out of nowhere, hands Rhu a package instead, and disappears again, muttering to herself irritatedly.
Rhu: Thank you.
Rhu looks down at package.
Bear Soup Guy picks up the dead pigeon to feed it to Rasputin
Bear Soup Guy: errr
Apheori (GM): It's another letter-wrapped rock.
Greibel: does that
Greibel does that
Bear Soup Guy: I KNOW HOW TO THINGS
Rhu unwraps it careful, in case that helps the paper not to get crumpled.
The porridge eats most of the pigeon except for the feet, which it breaks off with a crunch and spits on the ground.
Apheori (GM): This rock has a slightly different symbol on it - some sort of bird, and an extra little note stuck to it that says 'extra, not sure what this goes to'.
Rhu shows it to everybody, then puts it away.
Apheori (GM): The larger note/letter thing appears to be a set of instructions, saying to be careful, don't stand out, don't get noticed, go to a place, and some bad poetry.
Frezak (GM): I DEMAND TO HEAR THE POETRY
Bear Soup Guy: ^
Gaurav: Any information on hwat sort of place we should go to?
Apheori (GM): Oh dear.
It's a street address. Apparently in the city.
Rhu: Oooooh.
Apheori (GM): http://wiki.zaori.org/compendium/Repeats_of_the_world
That.
That's at the bottom of the note.
Rhu: I still think we should head to the dungeons first.
Apheori (GM): It may not even be poetry.
The shoulders in the sand on the repeats of the world...
There's a blisters of something memory...
Look at the characters whip thy bum...
Kumquats devouring mundial smiley-faces.
Frezak (GM): Sure, let's go to the dungeons.
Greibel is enraptured by the poetry and ponders at its layers of significance
Gaurav: We should totally go to this mysterious address first! Rhu has an awful taste in places to go.
Apheori (GM): Y'all head to the dungeons!
Also you notice Amadi is gone. Do you care?
Ganelon: Radek would probably rather just talk to someone who can make magic tools.
Well, she comes and goes.
He still follows these clowns, though.
Apheori (GM): Quite.
Ellemerr: I am back. Amadi is not. Maybe she will be.
Gaurav: Rhu totally hasn't noticed yet. It's been an exciting few minutes! DId we ever figure out what happend with htat woman who was checking Griebel out?
Apheori (GM): You head into the building and there's a bunch of guards at a table. A couple glare, another smiles amiably, and the one from before sighs and asks if you're hear about the pigeon philosopher.
here
Gaurav: Nothing with that woman, no.
Rhu: Yes! Him. The guy with the ... *makes a pigeon-on-head gesture*
Guard: Down there. Just... don't let him out. Or anyone else. Or do anything stupid.
Please.
I don't want to get up.
Radek: I refuse to be held accountable if any of these three do something stupid.
Rhu: I fully understand.
Guard snorts.
Apheori (GM): A couple of the others now look slightly concerned.
Rhu walks down corridors pigeon-philosopher-wards
Ganelon: Radek isn't too concerned about Gravy doing stupid things, but it's best to cover all the bases.
Apheori (GM): The guy is passed out face-down in a cell.
The door isn't even locked, just shut.
Rhu: Hullo? Mister? Pigeon-guy?
Apheori (GM): He's passed out.
Gaurav: HULLO?
oops
Rhu: HULLO?
Apheori (GM): He's still passed out.
Rhu: ... maybe we should go check out that mysterious address until he wakes up. Now that we know where he is.
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Radek: What exactly makes you believe his insight is valuable?
Rhu: Hazz'ridan spoke to me earlier and said that there was something important around somewhere. I think it might be him. I'm not sure.
Also: pigeons. I wonder if he's a druid; if so, he might know something about the little tree on the big tree above the rift, which might tell us something about the rift.
Radek: ...This is why I don't deal with druids and priests.
Ganelon: Visions and pigeons.
Rhu: Look at this man in this cage, and tell me that Hazz'ridan has not lead us to a glorious dead end.
The Gravedigger sighs.
Greibel: Well...no arguments there.
Gaurav: So: to the mysterious address?
Ganelon: Yeah.
Apheori (GM): I think I need a nap. Or a break or something. I'm too tired to continue properly. >.<
Ganelon: Alright.
Gaurav: I'm okay with coming back later today or taking a break to Tuesday. I'm probably just headed to my lab to work next.
(From Amadi): The dream is of the moon. Or a moon, anyhow. Or something that would look like a moon at a distance - a crescent moon, to be exact. Some lady is sitting on it, dangling her feet over a black pond that is full of stars (unless they're not stars). She's dressed in a white fur. She speaks in a language I do not understand, or perhaps she's just making up nonsense words, since there's no language I don't know. Black birds with eyes in their talons circle around us, making me aware that I'm actually present. I'm standing on the lake. I must be, since there's nothing else. I feel naked, with the stars watching me from below, and small, very small. "I chose this," I tell the lady on the moon. She looks at me with pink eyes and answers with her gibberish words. Frustrated, I repeat myself: "I chose this!" One of the birds land on her head, crushing the eyes against her skull, spilling vitreous humour into her hair. I flinch away as another one comes for my own head.
(From Ellemerr): *shifty eyes* And I keep forgetting Frezak gets these as well.
(To Ellemerr): Oh dear.
Bear Soup Guy: I probably can't be back today if I go and start doing stuff
But works for me
(From Ellemerr): I was in a mood. Sorry. xD
Bear Soup Guy: I committed to way too much stuff today >_<
(To Ellemerr): No need to be sorry.
Gaurav: BSG: What are you up to?
Ellemerr: I might be going to bed at any moment.
Bear Soup Guy: Grocery shopping, then working on a computer and a streaming device, doing music, other odds and ends
Ellemerr: And for more than a nap.
(From Ellemerr): I might be making it longer. I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but it doesn't feel even half-finished. If you want to put things in it, you're welcome, naturally. :3
Apheori (GM): I'm too tired.
Ellemerr: Dream, dearest.
Bear Soup Guy: drea-ee-ee-ee-eem
Apheori (GM): When next? Tuesday? Do we need to discontinue the saturdays and move to tuesdays? Or possibly fridays. I have no idea.
The world is a nice blob of fuzz.
Gaurav: mm, fuzz
Fridays are trickier for me. Saturdays are perfect, Tuesday are fine apart from the whole running-away-when-class-starts thing
Frezak (GM): I'm gonna have to claim busyness on saturdays from now on >.>
Ellemerr: I'm getting my mother over next weekend and can't do anything. You are always free to continue without me. Tuesdays depend muchly on the "when", since I work, but I'm assuming it's later than that.
Saturdays I'm supposed to be busy with Frezak, when I'm not having mums and suchs over. :3
Sundays likewise.
Fridays are good. I think.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: Tuesdays is 1800 UTC I think, if that's after work?
Bear Soup Guy: Tuesdays work good for me
Most Fridays too I guess
Ellemerr: What does UTC mean? >.< Can Gan or Frezak translate for me (since they know my time and maths and stuff)?
Gaurav: UTC = GMT I think
Ellemerr: Oh
O_o
Why are there two names?!
Apheori (GM): DST
Gaurav: the french
or atomic clocks
one or the other
Bear Soup Guy: atomic French
Gaurav: french clocks
with little berets
Bear Soup Guy: ^_^
Apheori (GM): Cows.
Gaurav: Okay. So see you all at 1800 GMT/UTC/whatevers or 1pm ET or 11am MT or 10am PT on Tuesday then?
Bear Soup Guy: All of those!
Gaurav: each and every one :) all the best with your busy day, BSG!
Bear Soup Guy: Thanks, adios all : )
Ellemerr: Be well and eat pancakes.
Gaurav: I will try. Bye, everybody! Sleep well, DM!
Apheori (GM): Woof.
I'll probably just sit here zoning out and spouting nonsense on IRC.
Blargh.
Ellemerr: Silly girl.
Apheori (GM): Than kyou.
Ellemerr: You're very welcome, m'dear. ^___^