Holes/Session 42/raw

From Zaori
Ganelon: I'm going to reiterate for the sake of the log, that since Radek has been building a thing...
We decided it was a robot, big enough to be held in both hands, called the Navigator. Its purpose is to scout Holes ahead of us important living people and plot a course through the space in-between, as well as establish a reliable means of travel for us to use.
Basically, it exists to find destinations we actually want rather than leaving that up to the fickle whims of fate, and then give us a way to reach them.
That's the theory behind it, anyways.
And for posterity, it stalks the earth on steel talons.
Apheori (GM): STEEL TALONS.
Also I think I'm done getting disconnected now.
Gaurav: What does the Navigator look like? I'm imagining a small metal ball with several beady glowing-red eyes on it just covered in talons. Talons, talons everywhere.
Apheori (GM): No, just the talons it walks on. Has some sort of display and probably some other appendages.
I'm a try drawing a map of what Greibel saw.
Where should I put it?
Ganelon: Drawing a map using what?
It likely requires some secondary forms of locomotion in the event that there's no ground to walk on, or gravity.
But they are secondary.
A display is probably there. Glowing red "eyes"? Done.
Apheori (GM): What should I use to draw it?
Ganelon: I don't know. Roll20 has drawing tools, but if you want anything resembling detail, you either make a collage of stolen images on the map layer or you find a proper program to draw in.
The latter may require art skills.
I don't know what you're trying to draw, here.
Apheori (GM): Really bad gimp mouse drawing it is.
>.>
Ganelon: http://i.imgur.com/KOLSY5e.png
If you're looking for this level of quality, I regret to inform you that it took me hours and Roll20's freehand tool is not a forgiving mistress.
...One of my DMs insists I draw foxes on every world/city map ever since another player did a bunny and I doodled a fox looming over it.
Gaurav: That's an awesome fox! Poor bunny.
Ganelon: Here, lemme upload the original one.
Apheori (GM): No, I'm after a much more horrid level of detail.
Ganelon: http://i.imgur.com/bTPrrGq.png
Apheori (GM): The lines are... messed up, even.
Ganelon: Ronald is a reincarnated lich with the body and brain of a bunny.
Apheori (GM): What am I forgetting?
Anyone remember where the river was?
Ganelon: Freya is my character. She's a werefox.
Apheori (GM): That you came out by?
Gaurav: Ooo, pretty!
Apheori (GM): Or where you went in that cave?
Ganelon: "Where"?
Apheori (GM): Did I give any frame of reference?
Oh, whatever.
Oh, dirigible! Forgot that, too.
Ganelon: I'm afraid I wouldn't remember if you did.
Apheori (GM): Sorry about that.
MAP. http://wiki.zaori.org/w/images/4/44/Holes_dorgin_area_map.jpg
Y'all are in Dorgin now.
You can go... places.
Radek has a thingy.
Greibel is present.
Apheori (GM): Wheee.
Gaurav: Pretty!
Ganelon: Someone else is gonna need to take the wheel at the start of this, seeing as how I was unfortunately called away before the end of last session and don't fully remember our situation.
I still have a squid adorning my cranium, though.
Apheori (GM): Greibel did a scouting, the others talked to folks.
But this is mostly Greibel's work. This map.
So at this point I have no idea what y'all want to do.
DISCUSSMENT.
Ganelon: It was very appropriate for Radek to concern himself with solving a long-term but almost certainly unavoidable problem.
Apheori (GM): Frezak said something about dirigiblement.
Gaurav: Last time I voted we start with the Giant Tree, since we interacted with a giant tree earlier in the campaign and almost died and whatnot, but ... hmm. That wizard tower seems suspiciously close to the cave with the holes.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, I wanted to go disintegrate the dirigible.
I think.
Gaurav: And then investigate the Tree on the way back?
Ganelon: Disintegrate?
Like for magic dust?
Gaurav: DM: was there anything special about the canyon to the northeast? Thanks for the map, btw, I love maps.
Apheori (GM): It had some really nice geology.
It seemed nice to Greibel, anyway.
Gaurav: If we want to be heroes, we should try to stop the tree creatures attacking the barn, I suppose. It doesn't look too far away, so we might make it in time to save some cows.
Frezak (GM): That said, given where we are...
We could go check out the wizard tower on the way up.
See if there's anything we can use.
Ganelon: Yeah, that sounds good to me.
Gaurav: Rhu's much too happy being able to see again to really spend too much time thinking of plans, so he'll just follow Gravy and Radek for now.
Frezak (GM): Because we're so sensible.
Gaurav: Because you're there. He'd be perfectly happy to run around in circles looking at everything he can if it came to that.
If we're heading south from the town, should we also investigate this mine-o'-trolls while we're there? Given that they were mining, they might have had ... interactions ... with the Hole in the Ground.
Ganelon: Wait, the trolls are mining? Not just occupying the mine?
Apheori (GM): I'll let Greibel answer that.
BSG: You still awake?
Gaurav: Oh, right, maybe not. I'm imagining them wandering around inside the cave system and possibly discovering something, although I guess that's a bit of a long shot.
Bear Soup Guy shrugs
Frezak (GM): Turns out they discovered a skill for fine metallurgy and are now silversmiths.
Gaurav: So: to the Wizard's Tower?
Bear Soup Guy: I think the real question is
Can we afford to /not/ go to the Wizard's tower?
And the answer to that is most often, "no. No we cannot."
Frezak (GM): THERE COULD BE NEW AND FABULOUS DRUGS
Ganelon: "Is the tower itself magic?"
"Sure."
"I disenchant the entire tower."
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Aiight, so y'all go there?
Ganelon: I have no objections!
Rhu brings up the rear singing a happy song.
Apheori (GM): Someone remind me how much XP an encounter should be for a party of your level? >.>
Ganelon: ...Man, I don't know.
Apheori (GM): ...what level even are you?
Ganelon: 4E's standard is basically 10 fights to level up.
6.
Harder or easier fights can skew this number.
But a number of standard enemies equal to the party's size and level is worth one tenth of a level-up.
Amadi joins in Rhu's singing (possibly through strange means, since I can't even remember if she's currently all-the-way alive).
Bear Soup Guy: Have we rested since our last encounter? I can't remember if I should've put my health back up.
Gaurav: A Level 6 encounter for 5 PCs = target encounter of 1,250 XP, so says DMG pg 57.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you rested and leveled up.
Ganelon: Probably. Radek spent a lot of time working.
Apheori (GM): So everyone update their health and stuff.
Gaurav: Do we get a second Action Point as well, then?
Apheori (GM) shrugs.
Ganelon: Nah, new day means APs are set to 1.
You can't hoard 'em.
Gaurav: Boo.
Apheori (GM): I think Amadi's fine now.
Roll a d20 to find out.
>.>
Amadi:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): You're fine.
Slight headache. Greibel appears to be on fire. Dave is... remembering things she shouldn't be. But really everything is just dandy.
Also Dave is just sort of following you around for no apparent reason not really saying anything.
It'd be a little creepy, but for whatever reason it isn't.
Gaurav: We're used to Dave doing that, I think.
Ganelon: That really sounds quite normal to me.
For Dave, anyway.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ghah, why does roll20 use the damn alt key for EVERYTHING?
Radek: So you found a wizard's tower? How did you know it belonged to a wizard?
Greibel: I've played D&D before. I know what a wizard's tower looks like.
Apheori (GM): Can someone put a real circle there? >.<
Greibel: All pointy at the top and made out of stone.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It also has WIZA D written in big letters over the door.
Greibel: And it also has WIZA D written in big letter over the door.
Radek: ...
Radek shakes his head in disappointment at the very idea of a wizard branding his door so ostentatiously.
Gaurav: How big a circle?
Greibel: The most effective marketing strategy is an accessible one
Apheori (GM): THANK YOU.
Bear Soup Guy: That is a big circle
Apheori (GM): BIG.
It's a big tower.
Radek: ...Knock on the door please, Gravy.
Ganelon: Why him? Because he knocks loudest.
Apheori (GM): So You're all there, it's a big tall pointy tower, a bit run down and crumbly especially higher up, and in big letters is something that might say 'wizard'.
And I suck at drawing doors.
Frezak (GM): I KNOCK ON THE DOOR
Rhu: We don't have to knock. Greibel could fly in through the window or something.
Frezak (GM): Where's Amadi?
Apheori (GM): Gravy's knock booms inside the tower.
Perception?
The Gravedigger: It's polite.
HELLLOOOOOOO
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+14
(
4
)
+14
=
18
blargh
Apheori (GM): You hear something rustling inside, which gets louder after your hello.
Nobody actually responds.
Ellemerr: I don't know. Following you. Humming.
Ganelon: I'm... gonna do an Arcana, if I might. To check for security systems.
Apheori (GM): Do iiit.
Gaurav: This tower is infested by candy wrappers! We should escape while we still can.
Apheori (GM): Twice.
Ganelon: You know, like stuff that makes this a magical bug-zapper for daring thieves.
rolling 1d20+16 Arcana 1
(
7
)
+16
=
23
rolling 1d20+16 Arcana 2
(
6
)
+16
=
22
Frezak (GM): oh wow.
Apheori (GM): Okay, so there IS a magical trap thing, and it appears to be slightly busted.
Frezak (GM): Glad we have an expert.
Apheori (GM): You can disable it, fix it, direct everyone around it, or tell Gravy to walk into it and see if he realises what you're doing.
Ganelon: That last option would tempt me more if Gravy weren't easily the least frustrating and most supportive goon on this squad.
Apheori (GM): What about Rhu?
Frezak (GM): You could just tell Gravy and he' likely do it anyways.
Apheori (GM): It might actually hurt him, but he'd probably be even easier to get to do it.
Ganelon: But Radek says: "Fuck wizards!"
I'll disable it.
Frezak (GM): Having 70 HP makes me feel pretty invincible.
Apheori (GM): Oh, you don't think it would hurt Gravy. Or Greibel, for that matter.
Frezak (GM): Or just give me the orb then have me plough through everything.
Gaurav: ^
Apheori (GM): Roll another arcana.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+16
(
10
)
+16
=
26
This also lets him brag.
Apheori (GM): Damn, I was hoping for a fail. A fail would have been hilarious.
Ganelon: Radek? Fail?
Hah! He even succeeds at rolling like shit on sanity when he wants to!
Apheori (GM): Well, fail to do it properly.
It would have significantly messed up his hair and beard.
Gravy: Perception?
Or should I just use your passive?
Are you listening at the door?
Frezak (GM): He's at the door and listening, but not listening at the door.
He's stood there.
Possibly whistling.
Apheori (GM): Right.
In tune with Amadi?
Frezak (GM): Passive Perception is generally just for stealth.
no.
Not at all.
He has no musical talent whatsoever.
Apheori (GM): Aiight.
Perception?
Frezak (GM): Small sponges have disdain for his musical ability.
Perception!
rolling 1D20+14
(
3
)
+14
=
17
Apheori (GM): Aiight, nothing seems to change inside.
Still rustling.
What do y'all do now?
Frezak (GM): Gravy is waiting for Radek to come up with a plan.
Before he gets bored and just barges in.
In... a friendly way.
Radek: The security should be disabled, now. Shoddy piece of work - I doubt the owner's home.
Rhu: I say we go in. We've announced our presence. We've knocked politely. If there's something in there, it's probably smaller than a dragon.
Radek strokes his beard and grins.
Frezak (GM): Gravy tires the door.
*tries
Apheori (GM): It's either locked or jammed.
Radek: Let's hope the failing defenses have kept whatever's inside undisturbed, hmm?
Frezak (GM): Gravy walks up to Radek.
And turns smartly on his heel.
The Gravedigger: GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVES
Frezak (GM): And charges the door.
Apheori (GM): Give me a strength check. >.>
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+4+3
(
19
)
+4+3
=
26
Apheori (GM): Gravy sends the door flying off its hinges, winds up on top of it, and surfs about halfway into the tower atop the door.
The Gravedigger: YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Apheori (GM): So the inside of the tower... there's some odd boxes and stuff, and it looks like a few of the walls are literally crumbling, and a spiral staircase around the wall.
Except for some reason, EVERYTHING is covered in butterflies.
Except where you and the door smashed a bunch of them. That's just smashed butterflies.
The Gravedigger: AMAAAAAAAAADI
Apheori (GM): I'll draw it in a moment.
The Gravedigger: BUGS!
Gaurav: Live butterflies?
Apheori (GM): Flapping.
Gaurav: Huh.
Apheori (GM): Those are stairs and boxes. >.>
Amadi: BUGS!
Frezak (GM): AAAAND dinner.
I'll be back..... eventually.
>.>
Gaurav: Do the stairs go up as well as down?
Amadi flaps her arms like a butterfly.
Apheori (GM): Lunchtime!
Radek leans in to peer through the destroyed entrance.
Radek grumbles.
Radek: ...Bugs.
Apheori (GM): Oh, stairs at this level only seem to go up.
Place your icons. Where all are you?
Gaurav looks around for any signs of tunnels or basements
Ganelon: Leering in like the Grinch.
Rhu:
rolling d20+15 perception check
(
9
)
+15
=
24
Apheori (GM): Rhu: There are too many butterflies. You can't tell.
So much bright and colour...
Ganelon: Specifically,
http://i.imgur.com/Ley4nOH.png
Like this.
Apheori (GM): Adorable.
Gaurav: Gan: heh.
Apheori (GM): Aiight, since Frezak's dunnering, I'ma lunch. Assuming we all come back alive, you can get attacked later.
Rhu tries to wave some butterflies away from him.
Gaurav: Then I shall shower. brb!
Bear Soup Guy: I shall also shower. Brb also!
Gaurav: Back!
Apheori (GM): So there's this attack I really want Dave to use, and just reading the description makes me want to fall over giggling.
Frezak (GM): What's the power?
Apheori (GM): You'll see if she uses it.
It'll be obvious because she'll fall over giggling in the process.
Ganelon: ...So long as she's not attacking /us/...
Apheori (GM): That will depend on how you react.
Gaurav: o.0
Apheori (GM): Is everyone back, or is this another one of Rob's three-hour showers?
Ganelon: Nice rhyme.
Gaurav: I think we can be relied on to react in the worst way possible.
Apheori (GM): Thanks. It was totally unintentional.
And yes, yes you can. >.<
Bear Soup Guy: I'm back!
Mostly
Gaurav: Yay!
Bear Soup Guy: I can't be blamed for my long showers. My hair has a mind of its own and it DEMANDS to be treated at its own pace.
Ganelon: Your hair makes demands of you?
Bah!
Bear Soup Guy: Sometimes I think it watches me
Ganelon: Take a knife to it!
Bear Soup Guy: :O
Frezak (GM): WHAT
Ganelon: I'm saying STAB YOUR HAIR.
Apheori (GM): ALRIGHT.
Well, the shower thing was mostly just a jab at how you leave yourself as RAHB|shower on IRC for hours sometimes. XD
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Apheori (GM): He has good hair! Don't say that.
Bear Soup Guy: I do do that
Apheori (GM): Okay, we're all here, and I've mostly gotten the image of Dawn and Coraline slappy-fighting each other yelling nonsense like BRING IT and JERKFACE and YOU'RE GOING DOWN out of my head...
WIZARD'S TOWER FULL OF BUTTERFLIES.
They're everywhere, rustling.
Rhu was trying to search through them, without much luck.
Greibel or Radek could probably try to see if there's more to them.
Gaurav: Greibel could commune with them.
Apheori (GM): But Radek is being the Grinch right now and doesn't want to head in.
What about Amadi?
Ganelon: Aaw, very well.
He'll skulk inside and inspect the butterflies.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel will shout at the heavens with his arms outstretched as his figure dramatically turns into butterflies in a Greibel shape that slowly dissipate and float in over Radek's shoulder to mingle with the other butterflies
Mostly to annoy Radek
Apheori (GM): Gan: They look like butterflies. There's clearly something magical about them, but without doing more it's hard to tell what. They certainly don't seem to have much purpose.
Gaurav: 0.0
Apheori (GM): Heeee.
Gaurav: I'm not sure I've ever approved of anything this much in my entire life.
Radek:
rolling 1d20+3 Intimidate
(
9
)
+3
=
12
Radek scowls intensely.
Apheori (GM): If Ellemerr is gone, I'm just going to say Amadi will head in as well and dance in the butterflies and greibel.
With Dave following her around very, very closely.
Is the intimidate directed at anyone in particular?
Ganelon: Only so much as one can scowl at a swarm of butterflies.
Apheori (GM): Alas, it doesn't actually work, unless the butterflies decide on their own to suddenly be polite.
Radek: Someone catch one of these for me.
A closer inspection is warranted.
Apheori (GM): Butterflies are landing on Amadi rather like mad, starting to outright cover her.
Frezak (GM): I GRAB BUTTERFLIES
Apheori (GM): Depending on what you mean by catch, that could qualify.
Frezak (GM): In fact.
I just take Amadi to radek.
Ganelon: Now that's using your noggin.
Frezak (GM): And plonk her down in front of him.
And beam.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Perception.
Radek strokes his beard again and leans in close to have a look.
Radek:
rolling 1d20+16 Arcana
(
13
)
+16
=
29
Bear Soup Guy: Gravy catching butterflies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECAHDrKfxqs#t=14
Apheori (GM): The butterflies appear to have been charmed to live long on magic and swarm the place. It's not the same sort of magic at all as the door's defenses, however, so you think it was probably done by someone else entirely.
Radek: ...What a flamboyant waste of resources these must have been.
Their lifespans have been extended and they've been given a directive to linger here.
Apheori (GM): RHU.
Gaurav: Sorry!
rolling d20+15 perception
(
6
)
+15
=
21
Apheori (GM): You realise you can hear something coming from the box next to you.
Rhu waves others over and points to the box.
Radek raises an eyebrow and gestures Gravy to look behind him.
Frezak (GM): Gravy obeys!
And picks up a golf club.
Apheori (GM): What does he do, go and open it?
Gaurav: I've just gotten a phone call from work, so I'll be a little distracted for the next few minutes.
Frezak (GM): Pretty much.
I /suppose/ he could poke it a bit first.
Or use his GravyVision if you guys think he needs to.
Ellemerr: I'm sorry! I was busy with something and we were having a break and I didn't notice we stopped having a break and you should've poked me on skype, but I might be here now.
Gaurav: It's always time for GravyVision.
Bear Soup Guy: It's okay Merr, I'm butterflies now and we're all inside the tower. That's pretty much all you missed.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: Sorry.
You're dancing with butterflies.
Bear Soup Guy: And that
Apheori (GM): Gravy: vision.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+14+10
(
5
)
+14+10
=
29
Apheori (GM): Your rolls suck.
But there seems to be something reasonably Rhu-sized hiding in the box.
Seriously, though, roll better. I want to start having you see around corners.
Frezak (GM): I would love to roll better.
Apheori (GM): Aye. >.<
Open it?
Or smash it? Or something else?
Ganelon: Radek's, uh...
Decently capable of fiddling with locks.
Frezak (GM): I smack it and go HELLOOOOOOO?
Apheori (GM): A stone man bursts out and tries to punch you.
Initiative!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+3
(
5
)
+3
=
8
Gaurav: 0.0
Ganelon: Just roll with it, man!
Frezak (GM): 23
I WAS BORN FOR THIS
Apheori (GM): This cant be right. O_o
Yeah, I can't do math.
Frezak (GM): Can I help?
Apheori (GM): I mis-added.
It's fine.
Rhu:
rolling d20+6 initiative
(
16
)
+6
=
22
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, initiative, right
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20 + 3
(
6
)
+3
=
9
Bear Soup Guy: RIGHT!
rolling 1d20+3
(
13
)
+3
=
16
Frezak (GM): by Midriin Dave has 28?
Apheori (GM): The stone thing unfortunately spent all its surprise round breaking out of the box.
I DON'T KNOW HOW.
Can she range at something through other characters' squares?
Ganelon: Yeah.
Enemies grant cover to other enemies, but we don't.
So you can't shoot past a hostile target without a -2 penalty, basically. Shooting past a friendly is fine.
And shooting into a melee in this edition is also fine.
Apheori (GM): She sets it on fire on yells something completely incoherent. It sounds like a tirade about graves.
The Gravedigger: GRAVES?
Frezak (GM): I'll mark the thing first;
Then use Earthgrasp Strike.
rolling 1D20+10
(
19
)
+10
=
29
AC
Oh, cool.
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D10+5
(
10
)
+5
=
15
ANd it is prone.
It can't stand up on it's next turn.
And when it stands it takes another D10+5
Apheori (GM): Blimey.
Frezak (GM): It's a really cool power.
And that's my turn complete.
Apheori (GM): Rhu!
Frezak (GM): Kiiiiil iiiiiit
Murrrrderrrrr
Gaurav: Can I skip? Still on call.
Skip -> delay. Thing.
Frezak (GM): That's totally a valid action.
Apheori (GM): Sure, whatever.
Butterflies!
Frezak (GM): Butterflies of FIERY DESTRUCTION
Apheori (GM): BSG!
Bear Soup Guy: SORRY I'M BACK
Am I still butterflies?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
But you can stop being. Or you can keep. Or whatever.
Bear Soup Guy: Well I think I will wild shape to stop being
mainly because I don't think I have any other minor actions anyway
And then I will immediately Fire Hawk that thing
rolling 1d20+8 vs reflex
(
3
)
+8
=
11
ouch
Apheori (GM): Yeah, too low.
Anything happen anyway?
Ganelon: Nah, this is a mere at-will.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah what he said
Then I move there and end turn
Apheori (GM): Oh, the stone thing should have hammered Gravy when he knocked it prone.
Oops.
Well, it gets up.
Frezak (GM): it can't.
Not this turn.
It hit it SO HARD
Apheori (GM): It's not
Eh?
Frezak (GM): It can't get up this turn.
Apheori (GM): How is it not its turn?
Wait, what happened?
Frezak (GM): I used a power that means that it can't get up until it's NEXT turn.
Apheori (GM): Oh, okay.
I can't read.
Can things do anything when they're prone?
Frezak (GM): most things.
They can't do most move actions.
They have to crawl, which is half speed and provokes, and they can't shift.
They have a -2 to any attacks they make.
Apheori (GM): They can still attack?
Frezak (GM): yup
Gaurav: I'm done making money, so Rhu can go next (after the stone monster thing) if you like.
Apheori (GM): I'd ask how the hell that's possible, but none of this makes sense anyway, so okay.
rolling 1d20 + 11 - 2 vs gravy ac
(
7
)
+11-2
=
16
Frezak (GM): imagine that I just pounded him to his groin into the floor.
that's a miss.
Ganelon: It's not like his arms are pinned.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, but you need space to swing/use most weapons.
Ganelon: Well, sure, but too much realism means convoluted rules.
Apheori (GM): Especially when everyone's so primitive.
Gaurav: He might just be stomping down on Gravy's foot with his fist or something.
Or with his feet.
Apheori (GM): It also has a go at bashing at Gravy's feet with its shield.
rolling 1d20 + 9 -2
(
15
)
+9-2
=
22
vs fort
Frezak (GM): yeah, that'll hit.
Apheori (GM): It knocks Gravy down too.
rolling 2d6 + 3 damage
(
2
+
3
)
+3
=
8
Ganelon: Shall I interrupt that?
Frezak (GM): nah
Ganelon: Just to mitigate damage, you understand.
It's not like Freya's lovely attack-stopper.
But so be it.
Apheori (GM): Amadi turn, then.
Gaurav: Could Rhu take his turn here?
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Gaurav: I can't delay all the way to my next action, only to the end of the round, and it seems like a good idea to sit right after the stone thing.
Thanks!
Minor: Oath of Enmity against the stone thing. I specifically refer to him as stalagtite-droppings.
Standard: Radiant Vengeance, whee.
Does Rhu have a Holy Symbol? Does his little icon of Hazz' count?
Apheori (GM): I dunno, does he?
Gaurav: The sheet you made for him says he does, so I'm going to use that.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Rhu:
rolling d20+10 Bond of Retribution: Wisdom vs AC
(
7
)
+10
=
17
Gaurav: eeks
Frezak (GM): technically you have a +2 on that since he's prone.
Apheori (GM): No.
Gaurav: Also, I can re-roll
Apheori (GM): That one failed anyway.
Gaurav:
rolling d20+10
(
18
)
+10
=
28
better?
Frezak (GM): that might be just enough.
Apheori (GM): Much better.
Gaurav: Yay!
Apheori (GM): A hit.
Rhu:
rolling 2d6+5 damage
(
6
+
5
)
+5
=
16
Gaurav: Could somebody move Rhu to just before Amadi on the turn order?
Frezak (GM): done
Gaurav: Rhu's not going to move anywhere. End of turn.
Apheori (GM): Amadi is distracted by butterflies.
Ellemerr: So very distracted.
Apheori (GM): She sings something weird which is entirely unhelpful.
Gaurav: Will save!
Apheori (GM): Unless you want your turn, that's it.
Okay?
OKAY?
Ellemerr: Singing is good.
Apheori (GM): Seriously, though, if you need to do other stuff...
RADEK.
Ellemerr: Only sleep. >.> I'll... do that, then...
Bear Soup Guy: Sleep well!
Apheori (GM): Sweet nightmares, crazy person.
Ganelon: I should sleep /soon/ too, but I'm hardly passing out at the keyboard here, so let's see.
Gaurav: Take care, Ellemerr!
Ganelon: Ah, why not. Scouring Weapon.
This is the acid bullet.
(Rifle Weapon Attack 24)
-2 because he's shooting a prone target, against AC.
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Whatsit do?
Ganelon:
rolling 2d10+6
(
10
+
2
)
+6
=
18
And the golem has... a -2 to its AC until the end of my next turn.
Put a little... broken shield thingy on it.
This thingy.
Apheori (GM): Naw, the thing's dead.
Ganelon: Oh.
Apheori (GM): Sorry, forgot the bloodied icon. >.<
I SUCK.
Gaurav: Do we want to kill it? We might want to ask it questions first.
Or Radek might be able to retrieve the answers from its corpse. Either-or.
Apheori (GM): Okay, it's very rapidly becoming dead, and is completely clonked.
Decide quickly.
Gaurav: How did the butterflies respond to the stone thing?
Apheori (GM): They flapped around it and tried to avoid it.
Ganelon: Uh...
Check for sentience?
If it's a golem we're not learning much that requires it to be functional.
Apheori (GM): It appears to at least have been sentient, though who knows what getting beat up by Gravy did to its higher brain functions.
Not a golem. You don't know what it is, though you could try to find out.
Radek rushes over to stop the thing from breaking down from damage that was almost definitely not his fault.
Gaurav: I wonder what living in a box for maybe years did to its mind.
Ganelon: Oh, don't worry.
Apheori (GM): Arcana or heal.
Ganelon: We have a translator for that.
Definitely Arcana, even if he is trained in Heal, too.
Radek: Prepare yourselves. I'm going to attempt to restore functionality to the thing.
The Gravedigger: So that it can hit us again?
Radek: ...It's intelligent. Well, capable of thought, at least.
And not much threat, besides.
rolling 1d20+16 Arcana
(
5
)
+16
=
21
Apheori (GM): It's like Dave and Amadi!
Ganelon: I dunno, Dave might be a threat.
Gaurav: Dave has a ridiculously dangerous rabbit in her pocket.
And Amadi ... can sing.
Apheori (GM): Aiight, you manage to put out the flames and stop the breakdown of the stone guy's parts. It's like it's some sort of converted creature, originally organic, but then turned to stone later.
Gaurav: It's petrified! Or ossified. That's pretty cool.
Radek: I thought this was a golem at first glance.
It looks like it used to be organic.
Ganelon: Hey, far as he's concerned, that's an improvement.
Radek: ...What a curious process.
Rhu: What was it in a box for?
Apheori (GM): You could try to wake it up and ask.
Radek: Better to ask the thing itself.
Ganelon: Beat me to it.
How does one wake up a stone person?
Rhu tries to poke it with a finger
Bear Soup Guy: I'm going to need to take care of responsibility stuffs, so I hope nobody minds if I ask if we can wrap things up
Alternately Greibel would be happy to go back to being butterflies for a while
Apheori (GM): This probably is a pretty good place.
Ganelon: Yeah...
Apheori (GM): Yall have something to interrogate, then other stuff.
So next time you can totally interrogate it.
Gaurav: And loot this tower.
Ganelon: Before this genius idea slips away, we should threaten it with erosion.
That'll put the fear (and gradually water) into the heart of this captive.
Apheori (GM): Goo plan.
Good
Gaurav: Hee.
Apheori (GM): Let s sort out timing on skype.
Gaurav: We were speaking of magic towers earlier, hopefully the tower doesn't turn out to be it's mummy or something.
Frezak (GM): Well, Mimic Towers ARE a thing.
Gaurav: 0.0
Frezak (GM): Mimics so big that they mimic a whole tower.
And then there's a subspecies that can imitate PEOPLE /just/ well enough to get someone to walk into a tower.
Gaurav: Wow.
Apheori (GM): For the record: Today was 4 Janurary.
january