Holes/Session 27

From Zaori


Apheori (GM): Okay, so you're all here and I'm still sober enough to type.
Shall we actually start?
Ganelon: I suppose we shall.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Greibel, Rhu, and Radek: You wake up slowly. It's a pleasant place, and there's no real rush - it's warm, the grass is soft and cool, there's a nice breeze, and unless you hate trees, the leaves overhead are quite nice as well.
It's the middle of the afternoon somewhere (at least it feels like it) and you're under that tree you were almost under before again.
Gaurav: "almost under before again"?
oh, the giant tree with the little tree growing out of it?
Apheori (GM): No, no, this is a regular tree in a field.
Nice big tree, but nothing holey about it.
Unfortunately.
Amadi: You're not sure where you are. You remember... being someone else, something more whole, yadda yadda. I have no idea what you make of that, but now there's also something poking you in the face repeatedly telling you to wake up, come on, wake up.
Radek: I hate trees.
Ganelon: (How could I resist?)
Gaurav: hmm, okay. Rhu's going to take the opportunity for some well-deserved unconsciousness.
Amadi bats a hand at the pokey whatnot and makes annoyed do-not-disturb sounds.
Gaurav: Gan: is it the bark? Stupid freaking bark.
Ganelon: It's how they /litter/ all over the place.
Gaurav: Urk, yes, that too. And all that oxygen just oozing out everywhere.
Ganelon: Leaves bloody everywhere in autumn, pinecones, pine /needles/... there is no such thing as a living three that doesn't leave junk everywhere for you to pick up.
Apheori (GM): Per skype, let's come back to this in 20.
Ganelon: Tree, rather.
Apheori (GM): And don't forget the fruit.
Crabapples are horrible.
Ganelon: Yeah. And Radek could synthesize oxygen or get it imported from somewhere. He doesn't need TREES to make it for him.
Frezak (GM): I will pat the tree.
Nice tree.
I do'nt think I have treespeak.
At best I can talk to it how great corpses are.
And dirt.
Good 'ole dirt.
Ganelon: It probably appreciates corpses.
Frezak (GM): I'm pretty sure it's firmly grounded in the many uses of dirt.
Ganelon: Well, Radek's probably still warming up to the idea of using his brain again.
Frezak (GM): What, as a the locus for eldritch powers?
Ganelon: No, just as a tool for thought.
Because, headaches.
Apheori (GM): The tree is very solid.
Frezak (GM): Can't you protect it with your magic snowglobe?
Ganelon: My head?
Bear Soup Guy: ZING
Frezak (GM): I don't think you have a plasteel skull yet.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: The pokey thing continues to poke, more insistently now. You hear someone (it might be Dave) saying, come on, you need to wake up and dream.
Ganelon: The shielding artifact shields against energy, not pain.
High-energy, too. I don't think it would stop, say, the cold.
Amadi: I -am- awake. Stop bugging me.
Dave: Are you? Oh.
Well, fuck.
Frezak (GM): Cold is technically negative energy.
Amadi: See, I told me I was fine without me. Er.
Amadi mutters.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You and Dave are in some big fancy hall-type place. It's very empty. Dave has a stick.
Ellemerr: Any bugs?
Ganelon: Yeah, so it should get through, unless the thing protects against extremes whether they're positive or negative.
Apheori (GM): Bugs in what sense?
Oh, on the stick?
Sadly no.
She was just poking you with it.
Not holding bugs.
Very unfortunate.
Frezak (GM): That's a rubbish stick.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: I hope that's a stick literally made of garbage and not just a crappy stick
Gaurav: Someone take the stick away from Dave before she kills again!
Frezak (GM): Can Greibel turn into birds and see where we are?
Just fly up and look down?
Or one big bird.
A midget Roc
Amadi: We were when. But then there were angry eaty things and we had to go and now we're not even we. Where'd we send the others?
Bear Soup Guy: He /could/ do that if we need to know
Ganelon: By all means, sir.
Never hesitate to abuse your awesome druidic powers.
Frezak (GM): Otherwise I will have to use gravyvision to see through trees.
And that's really rude.
Bear Soup Guy: There's hesitation and then there's laziness :P
Amadi: phone
Frezak (GM): I could throw you!
If that helps!
Dave: I have... no idea. Something about tesseracts. And possibly a squid.
Frezak (GM): I love to help!
Dave: You were supposed to wake up with THEM, not here.
Frezak (GM): Gimme 8 hours of rest and I can summon Codrichun again!
He LOVES to help!
Apheori (GM): Actually, you may have rested.
Greibel turns into a majestic flock of white doves in a flash, flying into a whirlwind of feathers and fluttering, ascending the air around until reaching a suitable height and all breaking off from each other in tandem, flying into a surveillance pattern in the sky, soaring and drifting through the breeze, taking in the surroundings
Apheori (GM): I mean, you all passed out from the transition. Why not count it as rest?
Ganelon: Oh boy.
Frezak (GM): WOO-HOO
Apheori (GM): Oh look, competent Greibel!
Ganelon: Codrichun could surely solve this problem.
Apheori (GM): He's clearly coming off his drugs.
Bear Soup Guy: It's the good air in this place
Apheori (GM): But seriously, he, uh, sees stuff.
Frezak (GM): Quick, radek FIX HIM
Ganelon: I think he knows better than I how to fix himself when it comes to drugs.
Amadi: Supposed to, huh.
Apheori (GM): Like, lots of countryside. Farms. Roads. Some villages. A suspicious group of possibly cultists gathered around a large bonfire. Woods. Creeks. A guy arguing with a tree. A very dead-looking dark expanse with some kind of purpley shimmer in the air.
Amadi gives a little giggle.
Frezak (GM): CULTISTS
Ganelon: Dark expanses!?
I love those!
Frezak (GM): Any of these things look familiar?
Apheori (GM): A dove or two actually flies into the expanse and suddenly get cut off from the swarm and fall to their deaths.
Frezak (GM): From when were scouting in Car?
Apheori (GM): The cultists are chanting something horrible.
There is no sign of anything you saw before.
Frezak (GM): AWESOME
I have terrible Will! :D
I can use an AP to charge... 120feet in six seconds.
Apheori (GM): There are some folks on one of the roads. The technology level looks a bit better than what you saw in Coffle.
Frezak (GM): Bah.
Poor car.
Apheori (GM): It should be noted that Greibel is really spread out and this is a lot of area that he has scouted just because.
Frezak (GM): WHo navigated us here?
Apheori (GM): Amadi.
Dave: This is serious, you know. If we're stuck here, there's no way out.
Don't ask how I know that. I don't know if I know that.
Amadi: Oh, right. Serious. Of course it is.
Amadi giggles some more.
Frezak (GM): Hey. Can Radek make us magic shizzle before we go anywhere,
*?
Ganelon: He should have made it a while ago, we just never decided on what it was.
I think you wanted a Chainreach Shovel?
Dave watches Amadi worriedly, then suddenly leans forward and shouts in her face, "WAKE UP!"
Frezak (GM): PLEASE
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You can roll to wake up, or you can not wake up. It's up to you.
Ellemerr: Oh, sure.
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Heeee
Apheori (GM): Heeeee.
Amadi: I AM AWAKE YOU DOLT!
Dave: RIGHT!
Amadi grumps for a bit, then giggles some more.
Dave: I KNOW!
Dave mutters, "Doesn't mean you can't wake up again."
Apheori (GM): What's a chainreach shovel?
Frezak (GM): it's a shovel that once a day can reach 25 feet away.
Apheori (GM): Whoah.
Ganelon: And knock a guy prone.
Frezak (GM): As a minor action, too.
Ganelon: So, sure. We can say you have one of those.
Frezak (GM): So Gravy can, flavour-wise, throw his shovel at a guy, run, have the shovel scoop a guy off his ffeet and return to him in time for gravy to bury the guy.
Ganelon: And it was one of the things Radek spent dust on before everything went to shit. Again.
Frezak (GM): More shit.
Ganelon: It's most of what you end up shoveling, in this campaign.
Frezak (GM): So. Cultists? Or magic hazeplace?
There is a lot of it, yes;
Apheori (GM): First off you need to find out about them. Get Greibel back. Talk to him.
The Gravedigger: GREIBEEEEEEEEEL
WHAT DO YOU BIRD EYES SEE?
YOUR MANY, MANY BIRD EYES?
Apheori (GM): And bird brains.
Frezak (GM): Many, many bird brains.
it's a network.
A bird hive mind.
FlockTech (tm)
Gaurav: PigeonRank
Frezak (GM): Avian-Net
Greibel 's individual birds swoop back down all focusing on a single point and hitting it simultaneously, coalescing into a large explosion of white light and energy that blows at the leaves on various plants like a warm influx of stormy weather, morphing into the shape of Greibel once more
Frezak (GM): GullPuteTech
Apheori (GM): Fancy.
The Gravedigger: Fancy.
Rhu: (weakly) Woo!
Greibel: I've been saving that.
Radek groans from his position on the floor.
Greibel: So, we've got lots of wooded area, some small villages and farms, some weird looking cultist guys
And also there's sort of a worrying dark expanse of purple dead stuff
Might want to stay away from that
Gaurav: Cultist guys?
Apheori (GM): Okay, you guys didn't rest when you passed out. I just decided that. You'll still need to, if you need it.
The Gravedigger: Not friendly dread stuff?
Gaurav: brb 5 mins
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Do you just sit there giggling, then?
Greibel: Friendly Dread, that was the name of my reggae band in college.
The Gravedigger: Sounds rad.
Ellemerr: Sorry. Things.
Er.
Radek: Laaaaame.
Amadi: Oh, fine, fine. Where are we? Where did we put them? And if I have to wake up more to get us there, I might need some more time.
Ganelon: He's still lying down, just so you know.
Frezak (GM): I'll pick him up if we decided where we're going.
Cultists?
Willages?
DREAD DIRE FELL SPACE OF BADNESS?
OF DOOM?
Ganelon: The cultists and the doom could easily be related to each other.
Either way I'm sure we'll have a marvelous time.
Frezak (GM): I see cultist tea-parties in our future.
Dave: Not more, AGAIN. First you wake up, then you wake up again. Except I think it might be broken. We are broken, you know.
Ganelon: But uh... well, Radek's going to be an insufferable grump no matter what.
Dave: And I don't think they wound up where they were supposed to.
Frezak (GM): Oh, so it's going to be murder.
Ganelon: He might actually SLEEP the next time we take a rest, too.
Apheori (GM): Wow.
Ganelon: Headaches suck, my friend.
Amadi: ... Oh.
Amadi looks disappointed.
Amadi: I thought we could do things!
Frezak (GM): If Radek asks we /could/ just camp for a bit.
Gaurav: back! sorry. work reared its ugly head.
Ganelon: But I don't know. I vote against the magic zone because you'll probably ask him to do something.
Amadi: She! Us! She should be full of... powernessyness!
Frezak (GM): Gravy feels fine because it takes a ton to wear him down.
Ganelon: And he's not in much of a mood to do a lot of complex arcana-ing.
Amadi makes a face.
Rhu: (to Greibel, without getting up but poking the air randomly) What did these cultists look like? Maybe I know them.
Greibel shrugs
Greibel: Just some hooded guys sitting around a fire
Dave: She is! Or were?
We're not quite qualified at the best of times, you know. Not to fight it. It's why we made...
Dave suddenly stops and clutches her head.
Frezak (GM): WYVERNS?
WAS SHE GOING TO SAY WYVERNS?
Rhu gets as many details out of Greibel without getting up, then tries to remember if these cultists sound familiar at all.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+9 religion check, cultist identification
(
10
)
+9
=
19
Amadi: Fighting is bad.
So, er...
Amadi looks around to see if she knows where she is.
Apheori (GM): Details: Lots of blue and black, some bones involved, quite a few beards and somewhat odd skin.
They sound like necromancers.
Frezak (GM): Ooooh
Wait.
I don't like necromancers.
Gaurav: I assume that Rhu's anti-undead powers suggests that the cult of Hazz'ridan looks unkindly upon those who would disturb the sleep of the dead?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: The place looks familiar, with high stone walls and big windows streaming light in motes of dust or whatever the hell the wording is. There are tall pillars either acting as supports or decoration. It's hard to tell.
The actually identifying features seem to be missing, though. The floor is barren, and the place is empty, just the home of dust and light and... more dust?
Rhu gets up, leaning against the tree for support.
Rhu: We really have to stop getting blown onto random planets, it can't be good for us.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Also there doesn't seem to be a door. There should be a door. A big gate, in fact, just over there. But there isn't.
The Gravedigger: I don't think this whole job is good for us.
Ganelon: Well, Hazz can't appreciate people being rescued from their ultimate dead-ends by becoming zombies.
Right?
Apheori (GM): Zombies end too.
Ganelon: Yeah, but it's cheating the body out of an end Hazz made for it.
Amadi goes over and tries pushing the door-that-isn't open, with all her convinceness that there should be a door.
Apheori (GM): Unless it is the end Hazz made.
Ganelon: True.
Apheori (GM): Zombies do, after all, back things into corners...
Frezak (GM): Ehhhhh
Ganelon: Perhaps this is a subject of intense debate among the religion.
Gaurav: Zombies bring about other ends.
And they're great fertiliser.
Hazz' appreciates a good tree.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You go and push. Then suddenly there's a gaping hole in the floor where the entire door fell through, and you fall as well, out of the light, into the black.
Who's sitting and who's standing?
Ganelon: Radek is lying down.
Gaurav: Rhu is standing, supporting himself against the tree as he waits for the world to stop spinning.
Frezak (GM): Gravy is standing.
Gaurav: I think this would be pretty clear to Hazz' worshippers: if you're more interested in death than ends, the Church of the God of the Death (I can't remember who that is in our pantheon?) is still open 24x7.
Apheori (GM): Teleoth, probably.
Nice guy. Knows his spatulas.
Amadi: I always liked Teleoth.
Ellemerr: Er. OOC. Probably.
Ganelon: Amadi kind of blurs the line there anyways.
Ellemerr: I know. :3
Gaurav: Maybe the undead spells is just because Hazz' worshippers tend to have missions around undead, like you get yellow fever vaccinations before going to certain countries.
Ellemerr: But she's generally less fond of gods than me.
Bear Soup Guy: Sorry, Greibel's standing
Apheori (GM): Probably.
Okay.
Radek: Amadi is suddenly lying on top of you.
Amadi: You wake up on Radek.
Radek: Hello, Amadi.
Amadi makes hurting waking up noises.
Amadi: ... So /that's/ what she meant.
Radek: So /pleased/ that you could join us.
Rhu steps back in surprise and right into the tree.
Frezak (GM): I want to insight Radek.
rolling 1D20+3
(
6
)
+3
=
9
I believe him.
Apheori (GM): The tree drops a squirrel on Rhu's head.
XD
Frezak (GM): OATH OF ENMITY ON THE SQUIRREL
SEAR IIIIIT
SEAAAAAR IT
Amadi: Hmm. Me too, young'un. Nice beard, byt the way.
Apheori (GM): The squirrel claws and panics and clings to Rhu's head and chitters warningly at everyone else.
Rhu brushes the twigs off my shirt, as -- presumably -- the squirrel does the same while perched on my head.
Gaurav: Ah, no, let's go for realism, why not.
Rhu panics and tries to brush the squirrel off.
Rhu: Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Radek: ...Just get off of me.
Frezak (GM): I MARK THE SQUIRREL
Greibel: It's like you've never seen an animal before we were sent on this mission.
The Gravedigger: HAVE AT THEE, SQUIRREL.
YOUR DOOM IS HERE.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+13 nature squirrel to calm it
(
16
)
+13
=
29
Amadi considers responding to the squirrel, but kindly rolls off Radek instead. Then, sounding slightly annoyed, declares:
Amadi: This ground is hard. It should've had a beard too.
Gaurav: Does all the jumping, shouting and calming get the squirrel off of me?
Ganelon: Amen to that, godling.
The Gravedigger: It's call Moss, tiny godbit.
This is bald ground.
Maybe it shaved.
Apheori (GM): The squirrel calms and watches Greibel curiously, now placidly perched on Rhu's head.
Rhu freezes in place, confused by the sudden lack of movement from the thing on his head
Apheori (GM): Rhu's head is bleeding from the clinging the squirrel did when he was jumping around.
Rhu: Is it a squirrel? What's it doing?
Amadi sits up and looks around for 1) where they are 2) who is there and 3) why Dave stopped poking her and stuff.
Gaurav: oof. how many hit points do I lose?
Greibel: It's definitely a squirrel and it's probably wondering why you're so afraid of it.
It's had meals that were less afraid.
Although, truthfully, they /are/ herbivores...
Bear Soup Guy: Yes I did just look that up on wikipedia
(To Amadi): You're under a tree in a field, this is Cerris (the same world/plane as Coffle is on), and you're quite certain that this is a future that never happened. Something really messed up.
(To Amadi): Dave is not here, but you can sort of feel her in the back of your mind. You could pull her here, or Elia, if you so chose.
Ganelon: You needed to look it up?
What meat is a squirrel realistically going to hunt? Mice?
Bear Soup Guy: I was thinking insects :/
Ganelon: ...Fair enough.
Frezak (GM): BUGS
(To Amadi): You see Greibel (in resplendent colour, but missing part of himself), Rhu (as confused and oblivious as ever, bless him), Gravy (tall and solid and certain of the world), and Radek (who really, really needs to rest, or it might do permanent damage, whatever it is... but he looks funny colours, not quite healthy).
Bear Soup Guy: Besides, I read an article the other day about a fish that eats fish ten times its size
Apheori (GM): Squirrels will eat mice if they can.
Amadi looks puzzled.
Amadi: Huh. Does that mean we're still sort of... us? Her? Or that we will be, if this ever happens...
Frezak (GM): A fish with a harpoon gun.
Bear Soup Guy: This is terribly impractical as it distends the smaller fish's stomach and it looks like the bigger one is pretty well capable of escaping
(To Amadi): Except if it happens, you never will come back together, because now it is too late. The key, the main key, the one that would bring all the other keys together, is gone. This is a possibility that must never come to pass.
(To Amadi): Not that there's any indication what the hell you can do about it NOW, of course.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You lose 4.
Amadi puts a hand over Radek's eyes.
Amadi: That's good enough, lad. For now. Ew, now. Not good at all. Try to wake up in the past, will you?
Radek: If only.
Rhu reaches up and tries to grab the squirrel as gently as I can.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+2 vs reflex
(
11
)
+2
=
13
Apheori (GM): The squirrel falls off Rhu's head as he tries to grab it, and then scampers back up the tree.
Amadi: No, really. You need to sleep and it would fix so much.
Frezak (GM): I bet Radek could shoot it.
Radek: Yes. Sure.
Rhu: Sleep! I like this plan. 's the perfect weather for a little nap anyway ...
Ganelon: That isn't sarcasm for once.
He's amenable to the idea of being unconscious.
Frezak (GM): I CAN HELP
Amadi: Great! Let's all try to dream backwards!
Greibel: Well, if you say so
Greibel reaches into his bag for some kind of hallucinogenic substance
Amadi is not sure that's what she wanted.
Gaurav: Should we post sentries? Or are we unlikely to get attacked in this peaceful looking meadow?
Amadi is not sure she knows exactly what she wants.
Apheori (GM): Attack doesn't look likely, but you also don't actually know where you are.
Greibel didn't see anyone particularly hostile-looking.
Ellemerr: If you're asking me, I'd say it's probably not needed, and if you ask Amadi she will say ALL SLEEP! NOW!
So there's that.
Gaurav: Sounds good to me.
Rhu leans against the tree and falls asleep almost immediately.
Apheori (GM): Do you all sleep?
Ganelon: I sleep.
Bear Soup Guy: I begin my descent into psychedelia and then sleep
Radek gathers up his beard and tries to bury his face in it like a pillow.
Frezak (GM): Is anyone even thinking of standing watch?
Ganelon: Not me!
Ellemerr: Amadi looks like she's sitting watch. She's watching everyone, at any rate.
Gaurav: Nope. I think this might be a reaction to our perception defying trip into everythineness just now.
But look closely and you'll see she's painted eyes on the eyelids.
on her* eyelids
Ellemerr: Moving paint.
That looks at you not matter where you move.
Gaurav: Eeks
Gaurav runs and hides
Apheori (GM): Do whatever you wind up doing. I'll be right back.
Frezak (GM): Well, I only need a big rest to recharge my demon summoning.
Says the Warden.
Defender of nature;
Ellemerr: If you don't go to sleep, Amadi will come over and poke you and put her hands over your eyes and tell you to dream.
Frezak (GM): How would she reach?
Ellemerr: Climb onto his shoulders. Probably with his help.
Frezak (GM): Okay I will assist your Athletics to climb.
If you roll.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Frezak (GM): I would say that Gravy is a Rough Surface.
So I will admit defeat.
And go to bed.
Ellemerr: Heee
Frezak (GM): POssibly by just falling 90° and lying flat down and suddenly sleeping.
Gaurav: Sideways, forwards or backwards? I'm wondering what sort of marks your horns would make, and whether someone could use that to track us.
Ellemerr: xD
I hope he doesn't fall on Amadi.
Frezak (GM): Backwards.
Amadi can hold onto his horns as he falls.
Apheori (GM): Riding him down.
Ellemerr: Right. If that's everyone sleeping, Amadi will concentrate very hard on guiding them all backwards and wake up at the proper time. She might fall asleep in order to do this.
Apheori (GM): I want sanity checks from all of you.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
2
)
=
2
Rhu:
rolling d20 dreams of sanity
(
3
)
=
3
Bear Soup Guy: How fortunate!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
13
)
=
13
Ganelon: Aw, I wanted to join the 3 club.
Frezak (GM): You are such a grump.
Gaurav: Radek has sucked all our sanity into himself and sees everything with perfect clarity.
Frezak (GM): I dream soundly of dark dreams of dirt and holes.
He is the beacon of reason.
CDG!
Ganelon: And Codrichun?
Do you dream of him?
Frezak (GM): I hope not.
Apheori (GM): Wouldn't you?
Rhu dreams of squirrels.
Frezak (GM): That does not seem conductive to restful sleep.
Apheori (GM): Restful takes many forms.
Rhu: I rolled a 3. I'll be grateful just to get my HP back up to full.
Frezak (GM): Codrichun is not one of them.
Eh, Radek could have healed you.
For only 4 damage.
Pfff
Gaurav: Sleep does reset HP and surges/day, right?
Ganelon: Yes.
If you actually get six hours in.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Okay.
Gaurav: Gan: cool, thanks!
Apheori (GM): Greibel and Rhu: You wake up with Amadi. It's night. There is no tree, and instead you are on something of a hill. You feel like you had some very interesting dreams, but don't really remember them for whatever reason.
Gaurav: Did Rhu get six hours of sleep?
Frezak (GM): Dammit, Gan, we should have twinned 20s.
Ganelon: Don't blame *me*.
Apheori (GM): Radek and Gravy: You wake up in the morning under the tree. You feel kind of hungover. Dave is standing slightly off watching the sunrise.
Y'all got enough sleep.
Ganelon: How's the headache?
The Gravedigger: Oh, shit.
It's DaveNotDave.
Apheori (GM): Not incapacitating. Just annoying and not conducive to being pleasant.
Frezak (GM): Does this feel like the same reality I went to sleep in?
Ganelon: Lovely.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Frezak (GM): DO we see Rhu and Greibel?
Radek: ...Yes, and no-one else.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Rhu: Hmm.
Frezak (GM): I try my radio.
Rhu looks around the hill
Dave looks back and notices Gravy and Radek are awake.
Dave: Oh! You're awake. That's...
...not good.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+14 perception check
(
7
)
+14
=
21
The Gravedigger: What ever is.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's dark. Night. The air is nice. You perceptioning anything in particular?
Dave: Some things are. Everyone together would have been good. We're not supposed to be here.
Gaurav: Signs of life and civilisation, I guess. Which at night would mean lights.
I assume Amadi's eyelid paint is both moving and glows-in-the-dark?
Radek: Oh, is it time to take another trip through the dimensions so soon?
Apheori (GM): It's a low hill, and there are trees in the distance around the field, so you can't see too far. The grass looks dead, like autumn, and the shapes of branches confirm it...
Radek: What's wrong with here? Here looks like a safe place to work.
The Gravedigger: Ugh.
Dimensions.
Amadi looks around to see if everyone got through nicely.
Amadi: ... Drat.
Apheori (GM): Although You can see a few lights through the branches.
Frezak (GM): radio?
Amadi tries to discern if this is even where she wanted to go. Or at least an improvement.
Gaurav: Do the trees in the distance look sort of like the tree that attacked me with a squirrel earlier?
Greibel: This is what happens
This is what happens when we go to sleep in a strange field, Rhu
Take this down for future references
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Frezak (GM): Hey, you have pants.
Big win.
Rhu opens his mouth to complain, then thinks better of it and takes this down.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: It's an improvement. Much closer, and probably good enough. You just lost the others... and Dave. You can sort of feel her, there, but not...
Frezak: Radio only gets Radek.
Frezak (GM): HEY RADEK
YOU HERE?
Rhu: We should head towards the light. If we set up camp and wake for daybreak, Dave will probably shout at me again for slacking off.
Frezak (GM): I discreetly check that radioing Radek actually gets through to the grump beside me.
And not some other Radek.
Ganelon: GRUMPS TO HORNS
YOU'RE COMING IN LOUD AND CLEAR.
Frezak (GM): HORN TO GRUMPS
GOOD.
OVER AND OUT.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Where are we?
Do you have any idea how we could get back to the others?
Apheori (GM): It gets through to the grump beside you.
Amadi: Closer to where we should be. I think I lost the others, though. Too unsound dreamers, or... oh. I think I lost Dawn with them. Poor dears.
The Gravedigger: Am I going to have to dig again?
Radek: I thought you lived for that.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Add the skull back to your inventory. You may or may not actually know it's there, though.
The Gravedigger: I live for digging graves.
Tunneling through that-which-is isn't on my resumé.
Dave: Do you ever dig up graves?
Rhu: Apparently, I imagined a skull in Midnight and it appeared. Can I replace that with Elia?
Gaurav: oops ooc sorry
The Gravedigger: What? No!
I tend to bury those who try to.
Dave: So you can't bury us and then dig us out in the past?
The Gravedigger: I don't know.
Amadi: Elia is...
The Gravedigger: It sounds a tad risky.
Amadi feels around her head.
Radek: I'm not letting him bury me.
Apheori (GM): Actually I guess that is Elia now.
IT just... wasn't, before.
Yeah. >.>
Amadi: ... Keep the skull.
The Gravedigger: Wow, thanks Radek.
That means a lot.
I'm only a DIGGER OF GRAVES.
It's like i know ANYTHING about BURIAL.
Radek: Don't talk like you wouldn't do it without my permission once I died, anyways.
Dave: Wait until we're dead, then.
The Gravedigger: Oh, hells yes.
You stop kicking, in you go.
Rhu: Er, okay.
So where do we go for here? Should we go look for the others, or try to figure out where we are now?
Ellemerr: "Shouldn't take but a moment."
Greibel: Doesn't look like there's much for us here...
Amadi: Well, we don't want to go where the others are. We want them to come here.
Frezak (GM): ONe day Gravy is going to see a field of dead people.
And go Jackpot!
Ganelon: "I've always dreamed this day would come!"
"Better hurry up before the looters arrive."
Rhu: Are they nearby? We could lead them here, or Greibel could bird-up and fly over and give them directions or something.
Frezak (GM): No, wait for the looters.
AND BURY THEM TOO.
Rhu: Hey, weren't we running away from something? Some sort of hunger? Where did that go?
Amadi: They're probably still where we were. Which... is not good.
Frezak (GM): I'LL BURY THEM ALL
THEY SAID I WAS MAS
I'LL SHOW THEM
I CAN TAKE THEM ALL
Amadi: Oh, that's probably still at Midnight. Which... might also be a bad thing.
Amadi looks a little worried.
Rhu: (to Greibel) Do you still have your radio? I broke mine on Arah.
Frezak (GM): THEY WILL ALL KNOW THE COLD DARK EMBRACE OF THE EA- why are you looking at me like that, guys?
Greibel hands the radio over to Rhu
Greibel: You can keep that, never seems to come in very handy
Ganelon: "Oh, no reason."
Rhu tries to call up Radek or Gravy on the radio.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+4 arcana to use electronics
(
20
)
+4
=
24
Amadi was reaching into her pockets and now pulls out an old-fashioned beach radio. Then looks at Greibel's little gadget and goes "Oh."
Apheori (GM): Rhu succeeds in not breaking the radio.
Frezak (GM): Rhu gains the Ham Radio Certificate.
It just appears.
Gaurav: YES
Apheori (GM): And... uh... turns it on.
Gaurav: Is it a slice of ham?
Apheori (GM): And establishes that there are a few signals available.
Rhu: Signals! There must be, er, beings around.
Frezak (GM): Scribed Ham/
Apheori (GM): They have names like 'Fred' and 'GEORGIEGIBBONSPRIVATE' and 'faceman22'. None of them look familiar.
Gaurav: hahahahaha
Apheori (GM): Except maybe Fred.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: Is it possible to listen in without announcing our presence?
Ellemerr: what's a beach radio?
Ellemerr: The battery kind that you take to the beach.
Ganelon: I love looking at Wifi networks, I won't lie.
Frezak (GM): Creep.
Ganelon: Some of them have hilarious names!
Frezak (GM): Creep.
I had one called ALL HAIL THE ABOLETH
While I was setting things up for a Lan game.
Well, a Wan game.
Apheori (GM): They may require passwords. It may be possible to listen in, but you won't know until you try.
Radek: So we need to go to the past, Dave? Why?
I mean, I'd love to, don't mistake my intentions.
But the present seems quite tolerable, for once.
Dave: It's...
I don't know.
But things have already gone wrong, horribly wrong, and as much as it might look nice, the necessary pieces just aren't here and it can't work because it's... it's..
Gaurav: How are the lights around us spaced? Are they concentrated in one area, or are there a couple of lights in every direction?
Apheori (GM): A few solitary ones, an apparent group. Possibly. The tree branches make it hard to tell.
Ganelon: Okay, can I discern what's wrong that Dave is trying to explain to us?
Rhu points towards the apparent group
Bear Soup Guy: Back in a few minutes, I need to make some food and stuff
Rhu: Let's head in that direction. We can use the signals to figure out who -- or what -- we're approaching as we go.
Apheori (GM): Well, to you, everything really does seem fine. The world is stable, magic is normal, Gravy is smelly.
Radek: It doesn't seem like anything important is missing to me.
I'm here, Gravy's here... there's a regrettable over-abundance of nature, perhaps, but it's a stable enough /reality/.
The Gravedigger: As far as we know.
Dave: I know, I know. It's just... it's the wrong time. Things didn't work out, and while they'll still be fine for the time being, they won't be.
Radek: I think I would know by now, thank you very much.
Gaurav: But isn't the purpose of life to enjoy the good times while we can? Discuss.
Dave: Amadi got the others back. When you were, that was much better. It wasn't set. Everything still had yet to happen.
The purpose of life is to make more life.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Greibel, Amadi: you head toward the lights?
Gaurav: I'm waiting to see what the others do, especially Amadi, as she seems to have some idea about where or why we are.
Amadi makes her radio play some odd 80s music and waits for people to get moving.
Ganelon: That's usually a silly thing to wait for.
Gaurav: I think there's much to be said for hanging around here and see if the others can figure out how to get to us before moving on.
Or, at least, wait for daybreak.
BSG?
Radek: So we need to go to the past to influence this present.
And I'm really not in a mood to argue your second point. Suffice to say that I disagree.
Gaurav: Making more life isn't a purpose, though. It's just what you need to do to go on existing, but it doesn't tell you _why_ going on existing is worthwhile.
Eh, there doesn't seem to be anything going on here anyway.
Rhu heads off towards the lights
Dave: Well, no.
We need to ensure this never becomes the present.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You head off into the woods, toward the lights.
As you go, you hear noises, animal, something tracking you...
The Gravedigger: So......
How?
Gaurav: Aaaaaaat which point I stop and head back to the others.
Ganelon: This might be a stretch, but it *is* the future.
The Gravedigger: Anyone here with timebending powers raise your hand.
The Gravedigger peers about.
Dave: Um.
Amadi follows Rhu until he stops and turns back. Well, actually, she'll totally follow him back, too.
Ganelon: Does Radek know anything about time travel, or semi-credible people who have accomplished it?
I'll roll for that, of course.
Rhu: There's something out there. Something .. tracky.
Amadi: ... Bunnies?
Apheori (GM): He'd probably have heard of folks who've done it/researched it, but it's not something that's really... done.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, I'm back now
Apheori (GM): It's kind of terribly complicated and tends to just make things worse when not very exactly controlled.
Ganelon: Exact control sounds like something he's great (sometimes) at!
Apheori (GM): Is it the sort of thing he'd have any experience with?
Rhu: BSG: I tried walking towards the cluster of lights, but there is something animal in the woods that tried to track me
Ganelon: Nah.
He likes building robots.
And tools. Maybe a few dips into chemistry to become intimate with explosives.
Gaurav: (to Amadi) It MIGHT be bunnies. We don't know that it ISN'T bunnies.
Rhu: (that was ic sorry)
Amadi: ... Angry hornets?
Rhu: All we know is that thinks it can take me, and that's ... not good.
We could try to sneak to the lights as a group, or we could stay here, set up camp, and set up a proper guard this time.
Radek: I've heard of it being done, and poorly. That's about it.
Greibel: It could be another squirrel...
Amadi: I couldn't be angry hornets. I think.
I don't think I could try to help the others unless they went back to sleep. Maybe not even then. But if they're with Dave... I might know if they get here. Or get not there. Do you think the lights are fireflies?
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+13 nature the lights to see if they're bioluminescent
(
11
)
+13
=
24
Dave: You, you could try doing what you did before... again?
Frezak (GM): Who is that to?
Apheori (GM): Gravy and Radek.
The Gravedigger: Who, what thing?
Dave: I don't know. Whatever you tried.
That didn't work.
Radek: Well, there was the time you used me as a battering ram and we passed through a solid wall...
Dave: It brought me here when it did.
Didn't?
The Gravedigger growls.
The Gravedigger: If you want us to do something, just fucking tell us what.
Radek: ...The time when I intentionally opened a hole and transported myself out of conventional reality...
Dave: I don't know!
No, not that.
The Gravedigger: Fat lot of bloody help you are, then.
Dave: Not...
Gaurav: Falling asleep?
Dave: What do you ruddy well expect?
The Gravedigger: (to Radek) Time is part of reality.
I'm not a weaver, but I suppose I could /try/ breaking that, though I don't like the prospect.
Dave: I ain't even me, just a piece of a piece of a piece and you're all in the wrong time and you want me to get you out when I can't even get me IN?
AGH!
Dave blasts the tree into kindling.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The lights are a building.
Ín one direction.
In another, they're mushrooms.
Radek: Well, I'm good at fixing everyone's messes and yours are no exception.
Apheori (GM): In another, they're multiple buildings. In another, a large fire.
Radek: But the issue with time travel is accuracy, and control.
Apheori (GM): The ones Rhu was headed toward was the building. The mushrooms look closer.
Radek: Those who have studied it always find complications in *when* they end up and how much damage is caused in the process.
The Gravedigger: If we just go back far enough it's just an issue of waiting.
Greibel points this all out succinctly to Rhu and Amadi
The Gravedigger: And we're expecting damage anyways.
Radek: Well, let's ask Dave.
The Gravedigger rolls his eyes.
The Gravedigger: Always a great idea.
Radek: Dave, is us returning to the past so important that it justifies the risk involved?
Dave: Time has already been messed up. Going back now is less risk than not.
Radek: Great.
Radek nudges Gravy. "Go ahead and try it."
Frezak (GM): I'd like to use Gravyvision to find the threads of time.
Rhu: Mushrooms?
Apheori (GM): Roll for it.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
5
)
+20
=
25
Ugh
Not great.
Greibel: The mushrooms do sound safe and maybe useful
Apheori (GM): You find threads of something. They're thin and slightly sticky.
They don't really fit the description of time, and give you a headache.
Frezak (GM): Ehh, fukkit.
I wrap my hand in graves and heave with the inexorable power of rot.
Amadi: Shrooms, man.
Apheori (GM): In graves?
Frezak (GM): Graves.
Apheori (GM): What does that mean?
Frezak (GM): Oh, NOW you want sense?
Make up your mind.
If this world demands sense I'm going to have to spend some hours complaining about soem things.
Apheori (GM): Either the sense needs to make nonsense, or the nonsense needs to make sense.
Roll sanity.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): Gravy winds up flat on his back covered in sticky kelp-like stuff.
The sky is now green.
The Gravedigger: When are we- oh hells I sound like them now.
Apheori (GM): Radek sees it too.
Rhu: (to Amadi and Greibel) I don't like being out here while that ... thing is roaming around. I say we make for the buildings and see who's home.
Radek: No luck?
You did something to the sky, but ah... it doesn't feel like we're in the past, no.
The Gravedigger: The sky is green and I'm covered in gloop.
Frezak (GM): I will try and removed the gloop.
Greibel: Fair enough. Maybe they know where we are.
Amadi: When.
Radek: Well, I'm not causing a hole again.
Fixing the last one... ugh. Need to work on my methods.
Greibel: When we get there and ask them, obviously!
The Gravedigger: Well I did something that didn't work.
Hooray?
Amadi: No, not that kind of when.
But sure.
Greibel: Then we go to the buildings?
Dave: Keep doing that. Maybe if you tear the universe apart we'll be able to get back.
Gaurav: Which one of us three should go ahead? I have 50 HP after my last level-up, so I'm pretty tough -- maybe I should be ahead?
The Gravedigger: Tearing apart the universe sounds like a bad idea.
Bear Soup Guy: My defense is pretty good but if we run into someone I think you're better at close range
So lead on
Dave: Well, yes. But the whole point is to go back in time, so it will be undone anyway!
I think.
Rhu leads on towards the buildings
Dave: There's only one way to find out!
The Gravedigger looks at Radek.
Greibel follows
Radek buries his head in his hands.
Dave looks completely terrified.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Greibel: You hear something in the woods (again).
Amadi: You smell bacon.
Radek: I'm not breaking the universe just to go back in time.
Rhu: (crouches, whispers to Greibel) Do you hear that?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+13 nature to see if I can recognize the sound
(
9
)
+13
=
22
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Sounds like a badger, maybe.
Gaurav: Hmm. Badger, mushroom.
Greibel: Don't worry about it, just something skittering around.
Radek: One pocket dimension... sure, that's no big deal. You can *make* those.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh hahah I just realized
Yeah, we're gonna end up fighting a snake XD
Frezak (GM): Or the Transformers.
Rhu nods, and continues walking towards the house, but trying to be quiet this time.
Rhu:
rolling d20+5 stealth
(
2
)
+5
=
7
Gaurav: hmm
Frezak (GM): SUddenly Rhu is wearing plate armour.
Apheori (GM): Your quiet isn't very quiet. But you come to the house.
Frezak (GM): And carrying all the pots and pans in the world.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Ganelon: ...Say.
I looked at my journal, and Radek is carrying that silvery stuff that he used to be covered in.
The stuff of time and nonexistence.
Frezak (GM): Okay.
Put it on my shovel.
Apheori (GM): It's a fairly ordinary-looking farmhouse, with a single light on inside. There's a dog on the doorstep.
Frezak (GM): And I'll Chainreach to the past.
And if you hang on.
I'll drag us there.
Grappling-hook-gun style.
Through time.
Gaurav: Gan: ooo!
Ganelon: I was thinking I'd just show it to you. It's only a vial.
Gaurav: What sort of dog?
Apheori (GM): Roll sanity and digging to chainreach to past.
Or that.
Ganelon: But sure, your plan is way more awesoke.
Awesome, even.
Apheori (GM): Dog is... uh... hairy.
>.>
Ganelon: So we'll go with that.
Apheori (GM): And black/
.
Amadi: brb
Ellemerr: Er
brb
Frezak (GM): SAnity!
rolling 1D20
(
10
)
=
10
And... Shovel Attack.
rolling 1D20+9
(
8
)
+9
=
17
Against the AC of TIME
Apheori (GM): Is 30 a reasonable AC for something like time? I'll go with 30.
Which, uh, works because the stuff Radek gave you gives you like +20 or something.
Frezak (GM): Thanks Radek.
And your eldritch timegoop.
Ganelon: Fuck yeah.
This is why I collect all this magical junk.
In the unlikely event that it's exactly what we need in a slump.
Plan B was to use THE BOMB.
Apheori (GM): Right. So you punch a hole in time. Then you get yanked through time. I assume Radek is holding on? Dave clings to Radek.
Ganelon: Yes, he holds on.
I would hope Gravy holds onto him.
Because I would not put much faith in the grip of an emaciated old grump.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Radek is hugged by Gravy.
A big meaty grip.
Apheori (GM): You find yourselves in a Hole.
Ellemerr: back
Ganelon: I don't remember if I know what it's like to be *in* one. In fact, I think I've tried very hard to never end up inside one, personally.
Frezak (GM): You sent in a roboid once.
That's about it.
Apheori (GM): You sent a bot once. In person, though, the inside is actually a lot less screwy than the outside.
Ganelon: Yes, but it's hard to question one's robot servitors after the fact.
Apheori (GM): It's just black and feels weird and is a bit like Midnight.
Radek: This isn't... as bad as I thought.
Apheori (GM): You can sense other openings around you, sort of, even though there's no real space or distance here.
Gravy could also punch open a new one from this side, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea. But he is holding a shovel. With punchy power.
Ganelon: Well...
I do have some experience with closing openings from the inside.
Frezak (GM): Can you recharge the daily action?
Isn't that an artificer thing?
Ganelon: I totes can.
Frezak (GM): Fuck yeah.
Gaurav: What if you leave the bomb behind on a timed fuse? Would you blow out the Hole?
Ganelon: Let me find the actual wording.
Frezak (GM): I want to GravyScent for... THE SMELL OF DRUGS
Ganelon: Oh. Huh.
You got 7 THP for using that daily item power.
Frezak (GM): Wow.
Ganelon: That's a class feature I didn't even know existed.
Frezak (GM): Nice.
Ganelon: So yes, during a short rest I can recharge your item's daily use for the day.
Frezak (GM): Oh, short rest.
Ganelon: I can do this to one thing per milestone, or give it that emergency attack bonus.
Frezak (GM): Let's take 5 in the HOle!
Ganelon: Well, we're in a hole. We probably have 5 minutes, yeah?
Apheori (GM): Technically you don't have any time at all.
You could take an eternity.
Frezak (GM): Awesome.
Ganelon: Chainshovel reloaded.
Frezak (GM): So, I scent for drugs.
Very familiar drugs.
Almost;.. oaty.
Apheori (GM): Dave is still clinging to Radek like a limpet or something.
Ganelon: ...Clever.
Apheori (GM): Oaty?
Frezak (GM): Oaty.
Apheori (GM): Roll for smell.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
3
)
+20
=
23
I'm so great at rolls.
I'm glad I have +20.
really glad.
Ganelon: Yeah...
Frezak (GM): Really, really glad.
Ganelon: Amadi might know that we got out, at least.
If we continue this trend of bumbling.
(From Ellemerr): Do I?
Gaurav: Does the dog look friendly at all?
(To Amadi): Uh... I'm not sure they got 'out', exactly. More like... into something else. And if they're not careful, the something else will devour them, bones and all.
(From Ellemerr): Delightful.
(To Amadi): But sure, you know. You can also feel Dave like a horrible itch in the back of your head, and she's screaming.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You smell... actually, you smell a lot of things. There's a bit too much of it, in fact. Lots of holes, lots of remembered smells. You don't know which are which.
You smell a dead Greibel.
Ganelon: Oh my.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: The dog looks tired, but gets up and guards the door at your approach. It isn't particularly large, but very furry.
Ganelon: We might have to bury him.
Amadi rubs the back of her head, wincing.
Greibel: I'm really getting my reps in today
Frezak (GM): I'll start heading for the greibely smell.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+13 nature to make sure the dog doesn't hate us
(
13
)
+13
=
26
Amadi is muttering something very quickly under her breath.
Frezak (GM): Git it a spacebiscuit
Rhu: (to Amadi) You okay?
Apheori (GM): Dog doesn't hate you; just guarding its pack.
Well, family.
People.
Amadi: Dawn... loud.
Amadi keeps muttering.
Rhu: Loud?
(From Amadi): Okay so I know I said I'd be fine without you but I might have been wrong and it would be nice if you came back now and I'd like to help but you're sort of screwing with my concentration and I'm not sure where you are and that doesn't help and maybe you can't even hear me because I don't know where I'm supposed to speak and besides you are being so very loud but please don't be eaten, okay?
Amadi nods, screwing her eyes shut.
Gaurav: Does it make sense to just walk up the dog and hope for the best, or would it be better to get Greibel to befriend it?
Rhu nods at Amadi, and mutters a quick prayer to help her.
Rhu:
rolling d20+9 religion check
(
13
)
+9
=
22
Greibel: I think it'll be okay if we knock on the door.
Gaurav: Okay.
Rhu walks up to the dog
Dave suddenly screams, "DON'T BE EATEN!" and tries to pull Gravy and Radek though a hole. (Given that they're both a fair bit bigger than her, this won't actually work unless they help.)
(To Ellemerr): The screaming gets quieter to the point where you can mostly ignore it.
Radek: Er...
Eaten?
Apheori (GM): The dog barks at Rhu.
Dave tugs some more.
Dave: Eaten!
Frezak (GM): Do we want to be tugged?
Dave: Eaten eaten eaten eaten bad things eaten blow it up!
Frezak (GM): IC?
Amadi mutters, loud enough to be heard, "Come on, come on, come on! You can do it!"
Greibel: I think he can too. You just have to get over this weird fear of animals, Rhu.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Greibel: They can smell fear, you know.
Radek: Blow what up?
Frezak (GM): Radek is suddenly excited.
Dave: EATEN!
Frezak (GM): Do we see/sense any eating thingies?
Apheori (GM): Not really, no.
Ganelon: I usually trust Dave when he's legitimately worried about something, but...
Rhu: (mutter) ... I wasn't frightened until it started barking at me ... (shouts at the house) HELLO! ANYBODY THERE?
Ganelon: Well, okay.
What's she trying to drag us towards?
Like, what can I discern about the exit whence she is dragging?
Apheori (GM): It's unclear.
Ganelon: Harrumpg.
Apheori (GM): It doesn't really seem to be toward anything.
Ganelon: HARRUMPH EVEN
Frezak (GM): Harrumpg!
Ganelon: Eh, fine. We got this far because she insisted it was important, we might as well keep playing along.
Frezak (GM): fiiine
Gravy will use his studing skills and grump like Radek
Ganelon: You're learning from a master.
Radek has Skill Focus (grumping).
And a racial bonus.
Frezak (GM): Man.
You dirty minmaxer.
Ganelon: It gets better.
Soon I'll have a utility power like Glib Tongue.
I'll be rolling +20 to grump once every five minutes.
Frezak (GM): I use Ruinous Phrase on your character sheet.
Ganelon: Sorry, 23.
I grump as an immediate reaction.
Anyways, we grudgingly follow Dave.
Apheori (GM): Dave pulls you through a hole onto a pile of rotting corpses.
Frezak (GM): Goody
JACKPOT
Radek: ...Dave, I hate you.
Frezak (GM): I KNOW THIS, RADEK
THIS I CAN DO
Gravy immediately looks for suitable digging land.
Apheori (GM): You're in a bedroom or something. It's dark out. You hear someone shouting something outside, and then Dave screams and jumps out the window.
You see lots of good ground outside.
You also see Greibel and Amadi.
Frezak (GM): I loot the bodies.
And the room.
I probably can't loot Radek.
Apheori (GM): The bodies were some farmers or something. You find some cheap jewelry, some coins, some herbs, some tools. Nothing magical.
Frezak (GM): HERBS?
I take the herbs.
And leap out the window.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see Dave fly out the window. She winds up in a tree.
Frezak (GM): Going
The Gravedigger: GRAAAAAAAAAAVES
Apheori (GM): Then Gravy jumps about a bit after.
XD
Rhu gives the dog a "did you see that?!" look
Apheori (GM): The dog runs after Gravy/
.
Radek pokes his head out the window.
Rhu: Radek!
Ganelon: He looks like... hold on.
http://i.imgur.com/zYWU28q.png
Like this.
Amadi runs over and hugs Dave. "You're not eaten!"
Gaurav: Gan: bwahahahaha
Frezak (GM): Anyone played Prototype?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Dave is hugging the tree.
Frezak (GM): Because I imagine Gravy just making this shockwave as he lands.
Ellemerr: Right. Of course. I guess I'm too tiny to actually reach her.
Can I hug anyone else? :3
Frezak (GM): How high was the window?
Because I will take that fall damage.
Ganelon: I played Prototype.
Apheori (GM): Second floor. Shouldn't hurt you.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, when you leap off really big buildings.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You can try to hug Gravy.
Frezak (GM): That sort of badass landing.
Radek: Where in the hells are we now?
Is this the past?
Rhu: The ... past?
The Gravedigger: It will be.
Rhu squints
Gaurav: Where's the dog? And Greibel?
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel's just sort of watching oddly
Radek: Oh, /very/ funny, Gravy.
Apheori (GM): Dog is barking at Gravy, but in a fairly friendly manner.
Bear Soup Guy: Everything caught him off guard
Radek grumbles and withdraws from the window.
Ganelon: I'll work on just getting outside like a normal person.
Apheori (GM): There are some stairs down. They lead into a kitchen area, with a lit candle on the table. It looks like magic.
The door out is on the other side of that.
Ellemerr: I'll hug Gravy. And be vocally happy that he isn't eaten.
Ganelon: Magic candle?
Score. I'll take it and head outside.
Apheori (GM): Aye.
Rhu takes the opportunity of the dog's distraction to slip into the farmhouse through the closest door.
Ganelon: No magic is useless when you have the power to reduce it to dusssssst
Apheori (GM): It stays lit and doesn't output any heat, just light.
The Gravedigger: Hey, sandwich kid.
Apheori (GM): Radek: On the way out, you almost run into Rhu.
Frezak (GM): brb
Amadi: I'm sorry I will leave you, except it probably hopefully won't happen now. It's not supposed to.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+14 perception check for whatever room I'm in -- I guess the kitchen Radek just came out of?
(
17
)
+14
=
31
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it's a kitchen.
There's broken furniture and stuff and blood on the walls and a horrible smell. Looks like a struggle happened here.
Frezak (GM): CSI TIME
Ganelon: Do we have a blood spatter analyst in the party?
Frezak (GM): No.
YOU HAVE MY OLFACTORY SENSES
Gaurav: I check the drawers. Any names, dates, addresses? Delivery menus in the drawers?
We also literally have fragments of a god.
Ganelon: Eh, those aren't nearly as useful as you might think when it comes to mundane crime-solving.
Blood just comes out of their hair and interferes with your crime scene.
Ellemerr: Have you ever tried using them for that?
Frezak (GM): Blood is always coming out my hair, that's true.
Ganelon: Maybe I have!
Gaurav: Rhu probably has clotted blood on his head from the squirrel attack.
Frezak (GM): I thought we rested that away.
Apheori (GM): Uh... no.
Gaurav: Right, but I never cleaned it away. Unless the squirrel came back and licked it clean.
Apheori (GM): Nothing interesting in the drawers.
Just some utensils and crap.
Frezak (GM): I thrust the herbs at Greibel.
The Gravedigger: herbs!
Greibel takes the herbs
Greibel: These will be...useful
Ganelon: Is he just saying that to be nice?
Bear Soup Guy: Not sure, depends on what kind of herbs they are
Rhu searches the rest of the house, from bottom to top: basement, ground floor, ending at the room with the dead bodies in it.
Ganelon: "That's... that's poison ivy, Gravy."
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: Gan: ha!
Apheori (GM): BSG: Herbs used in rituals around the dead.
Frezak (GM): I'm pretty sure Greibel will smoke anything.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's stinky and gross and apparently someone or something broke in and killed everyone throughout the house and then piled the bodies in the main bedroom.
Rhu goes back downstairs and explains this to everybody
The Gravedigger: Shameful!
The Gravedigger begins to dig graves.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+12 heal check on the bodies to see how they were killed, and whether there are any clues as to what killed them
(
12
)
+12
=
24
Are they humans or elves?
Frezak (GM): Wyverns!
Ganelon: Radek will have a seat (there's chairs, I hope) and for the first time since he got it, try to puzzle out the missing piece to this hole-fixing formula.
The Lost (direct link) Library, one might call it.
Ellemerr: I hate doing this but I really should sleep. >.<
Apheori (GM): Humans, killed with knives, and I should go too.
So... uh... graves later.
Bear Soup Guy: yay sleep, yay graves
Frezak (GM): GRAVES ALWAYS
Gaurav: the eternal sleep
warm soily sleep
Ellemerr: Er... right. Well, sweet nightmares, then.
Gaurav: Sleep well!
Bear Soup Guy: adios
bye everyone! I'm going to take a nap!
Gaurav: take care, BSG!
Ganelon: Goodnight, fellows.