Holes/Session 25/raw

From Zaori
Ganelon: So, where's the DM?
Frezak (GM): Sweden.
Ganelon: I'll dispatch the squad immediately.
Bear Soup Guy: The DM Squad
Fridays at 9
Apheori (GM): The DM is here! Mostly.
And I actually see all of your names for once. This is different.
Anyway, a bunch of crazy crap just happened, Radek now has a Hole in a bag, Greibel is noticing something weird in the sky, Rhu is hungry, and y'all are standing in a street.
Ganelon: How is he hungry after we just ate? Did nobody share with him?
Is the hunger... supernatural?
Gaurav: ^-- yeah, I'm no longer hungry! I would still like to find an inn, because the one HP I'm missing is annoying, but it's no longer urgent I guess.
If we have to I dunno save the world or something first.
Apheori (GM): Sorry, tired, not hungry.
Rhu continues scanning the skies for any signs of Dave
Gaurav: Is ... is Radek still ... laughing?
Ganelon: I could use sleeping time to fix that poor eyebot that died in the basement fire it totally didn't start.
No, he's uh...
Making a magic thing.
Which I'm looking through lists to determine.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Bear Soup Guy: And so it begins
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Apheori (GM): Okay.
The mouseforged it bumping into Greibel again.
Rhu: Spot.
Er, perception?
Whatever it is.
Ganelon: It is that.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+14 perception check
(
11
)
+14
=
25
What am I perceptioning?
Apheori (GM): The sky!
Rhu sees some dragons and an airship.
Gaurav: oh! right. duh.
Apheori (GM): Greibel looks at the sky and sees funny colours. Mostly blue. Some swirls of death.
Gaurav: Like a zeppelin sort of thing?
Apheori (GM): I suppose.
Gaurav: No sign of Dave?
He peers intently at the dragons to see if he can spot her near them.
Greibel: (muttering) And now we're going to paint some happy trees...mix your blue and swirly death and use the number five brush...
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: I'm not even going to try to convince the group to lease an airship so we can go hunt for Dave in the skies.
And have aerial hi jinx.
Bear Soup Guy: It would make for an amazing spin-off saturday morning cartoon though
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 heal check on the sleeping giant
(
1
)
+12
=
13
Ganelon: That sounds pretty fantastic but I just know I would be stuck on the engines.
Uh oh. Did you just kill someone?
Gaurav: ... again? Quite possibly.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Sanity please.
Gaurav: Yay!
Rhu:
rolling 1d20
(
14
)
=
14
Apheori (GM): Rhu determines that the giant is actually a disguised whale.
Rhu blinks
Rhu: (mutters under his breath) ... should he have so much blubber? Hmm ...
Apheori (GM): You don't have time to reinvestigate, however, because there's a loud cracking noise overhead.
Frezak (GM): Oh, great.
escaped dragons hit teh airship.
Gaurav: it would be too much to expect that to be just a peal of lightening, right?
Er, thunder.
I'm awake.
Apheori (GM): It doesn't sound like thunder, and it's too close for the dragons... but the only thing directly above you is that huge arch-gate thing.
Ganelon: I didn't do it!
Apheori (GM): Which appears to be falling down.
Cracking into pieces.
And crap.
Gaurav: Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Collapsing.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Apheori (GM): Above you.
Ganelon: I think we should carefully consider the problem. Form a council.
Frezak (GM): Council, assemble!
I'l get the lemonade.
Gaurav: Should we roll initiative to see who goes first?
Bear Soup Guy: "athletics - 0, acrobatics - 1"
Well it's been nice knowing you all
Ganelon: Why not just turn into things?
Frezak (GM): What's the skill for organising dinner parties?
Bear Soup Guy: I believe that's gentility
Ganelon: Streetwise.
Bear Soup Guy: So yeah, we should probably avoid the thing
Apheori (GM): You may commence running for it. Although there is an odd thing, for those of you paying attention.
Those of you paying attention may notice that nobody else in the area seems to actually notice it. Nobody underneath is running for it.
Ganelon: Damn, so much for my plan to convince strangers to jump into the hole-in-a-rope for their own safety.
Gaurav: So Rhu's immediate impulse would be to run/dive out of the way. Can I roll initiative to see if he's quick enough to think for a second before his instincts kick in? Or would that be another sort of roll?
Frezak (GM): Who do I think is slowest here?
Beccause Gravy could charge and grab someone on the way.
Wait.
No.
I pick up radek and hold him above me.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel is slow and intently staring at the sky, probably unaware of the collapse
Ganelon: Oh, you jerk.
Frezak (GM): I equip Radek in my off-hand slot.
Ganelon: I know I have the thing, but still!
Apheori (GM): Would initiative be right? Sure, why not.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+5 initiative
(
5
)
+5
=
10
I want to check if anything is falling on Amadi or the whale-giant. Is that initiative good enough to do that, or does Rhu jump first and think later?
Apheori (GM): Thinks first, jumps later.
Ellemerr: I'm here.
Apheori (GM): Initiative is based on reflexes and your reflexes kind of flopped, so you have time to think. >.>
Gaurav: haha
okay
is anything falling on either of them?
Ellemerr: I've read it all.
I'm totally on top of the situation.
Gaurav: I assume I see Radek being carried to safety by Gravy
Apheori (GM): The thing is starting to actually really fall now, but it seems to kind of be in slow motion, probably just because it's so big. It's also making horrible noises.
Greibel: The mouseforged bumps into you again.
d20
Ellemerr: Yeah! Or turn into one!
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: A gateway is falling.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): Good.
Bear Soup Guy: Hallo merr!
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Everyone is going to die, barring alligators.
Greibel panics
Greibel flails wildly
Gaurav: BSG: quick! Make some alligators!
Ganelon: "I assume I see Radek being carried to safety by Gravy"
No, he's using me as a shield.
Greibel clumsily beast forms into an alligator
Ganelon: Because if you recall, he's used me as a battering ram in the past.
Gaurav: Gan: Close enough. As long as someone else seems to have you, Rhu doesn't have to worry about you. God's orders and all that.
Ellemerr: I think Amadi got out enough frustration with the recent nose-attack that she'll accept help if you want to worry about her.
I'm not saying that she needs it, though. Maybe.
Ganelon: Words cannot describe how grateful Radek is that he can manage his own safety.
And apparently Gravy's too at the same time.
Gaurav: Unless Amadi is clearly out of danger, Rhu is just going to grab her, see if he can do anything about the giant, and run. In that order.
Apheori (GM): Okay. So that happens. Aside from holding Radek as a shield, what's Gravy doing?
Ellemerr: ... Amadi might actually be jealous at Radek. She enjoys being carried, and I'm pretty sure she'd enjoy being used as a shield, too.
Frezak (GM): Observing with detachment.
Since has Radek, he's safe.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: I feel so valued.
Ellemerr: Dragging. Besides, if it's not a giant with horns, it's just not the same...
Apheori (GM): Well, Rhu is sort of carrying her now.
Ellemerr: No, that makes it worse. He gets all the fun and he's not even enjoying it properly.
Ganelon: Would she feel less jealous if I mentioned that he was probably quite irate at the prospect of being carried?
Gaurav: Ellemerr: Rhu's got a cowl! That's something!
Ellemerr: Maybe you gave him one in a high moment? (Which, I know, is all moments.)
Besides, it reeds cowl on my screen.
Frezak (GM): Rhu needs to make more holes.
Bear Soup Guy: He's got a cow?!
Where did Rhu get a cow?
Ellemerr: ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES
Apheori (GM): Aaaand the thing falls to the ground in a horrible rumble and crash and throws up a lot of rubble and dust.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, so it is a cowl
Apheori (GM): Y'all are crushed.
Bear Soup Guy: My (admittedly hilarious) mistake
Apheori (GM): ...just kidding.
Gaurav: A higher moment?
Huh.
Not the ending I was expecting, but I'll take it.
gg everyone
Ellemerr: *gasp* My hero!
Apheori (GM): Seriously, though, Rhu: Roll a thingy to get far enough away.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+10 acrobatics check
(
10
)
+10
=
20
Apheori (GM): Rhu escapes!
Gravy, Radek: d20s.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
10
)
=
10
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You're an alligator.
Gaurav: bonus points if you can get a one-handed forward flip into that
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Still alive, but an alligator.
And kind of stuck.
Bear Soup Guy: I regret nothing
Frezak (GM): Hope he doesn't use the hand holding Amadi to get the flip.
Ellemerr: I feel so loved.
Gaurav: I hope a 10 is high enough to avoid that, but if that's what it takes to survive this ...
Ellemerr: Oh, right. Well, she can handle herself.
Frezak (GM): We love you dirty slut, but it's the midget that we don't worry about.
Ganelon: Yeah,,,
I'm not even sure what would make me legitimately concerned for Amadi's safety.
Ellemerr: That sounds delightful.
Gaurav: Her screaming again?
Frezak (GM): That's more irritating that concerning
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Well, you're not dead.
I'm not entirely sure what you are, however. And, frankly, neither are you.
Frezak (GM): He's probably not an alligator.
Tha'ts Greibel.
using his power to adapt to the best form for any situation.
Apheori (GM): It's dark. You're not all there. You're not even sure where you are.
Frezak (GM): Because when have you heard of an alligator being crushed by a collapsing portal arch? NEVER.
So it was a wise choice from BSG
Ganelon: Rather than using his friends as living shields just because they have cool shielding artifacts?
Well, I say friends.
Bear Soup Guy: Alligators in the wild are nearly constantly assaulted by collapsing portals
Ganelon: Realistically, associates.
Ellemerr: I'm confused. Are we all in the dark and about to be eaten by grues?
Bear Soup Guy: it's a real problem and conservation efforts are seeking to end it
Gaurav: Who told BSG about the alligator thing? Was it a sanity roll or the mouse forged poking him?
Gan, BSG: hehe
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Radek: Arcana, please.
Bear Soup Guy: Sanity roll, I believe
digestion by grue is always imminent
Gaurav: and eminent
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
16
)
+12
=
28
Apheori (GM): Amadi and Rhu are outside the collapse. Dust is everywhere, and chunks of rubble. But you're fine.
Folks around you look very surprised, though, and are wondering what happened.
Amadi pokes a random person and tells them "It fell down," before asking, "Is that normal?"
Rhu puts Amadi down and shouts at the rubble: "Hullo! Where you guys?"
Apheori (GM): Well, some are? There's a guy over there who just ran into a huge rubble hunk, bounced off, and then just turned in another direction...
Ganelon: These people...
Frezak (GM): Wait, who is in the dark?
Apheori (GM): Gan: You're inside a pocket dimension.
Amadi looks confused.
Amadi: Is /that/ normal?
Apheori (GM): Gravy is with you.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Apheori (GM): There's no sign of anyone else.
Gaurav: Oh. Huh.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Random person looks confused, then afraid, and shakes its head and makes a hasty exit.
Radek: ...Gravy, you idiot.
Amadi finds another person and grabs its arm.
Amadi: Do you feel an urge to run away when asked questions?
The Gravedigger: What?
I thoughth the portal was nonfunctional!
Radek: Did you think about what would happen if we were buried?
The Gravedigger gives Radek a blank stare.
Frezak (GM): What the fuck man.
WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO ?
Radek: ...Right. Of course.
Ganelon: Buried under debris, dude.
Odds of our bodies being uncovered are pretty damn high.
Gaurav: If the rubble looks stable, Rhu is going to wander into the rubble around for the other party members, shouting their names as he goes.
Amadi: The sort of question like 'It fell down. Is that normal?'
Radek: Well, we're in another pocket dimension.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: The random person asks what sorts of questions those would be.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+14 perception check to aid my search
(
18
)
+14
=
32
Ganelon: This isn't my Hole dimension, is it?
I don't want to go back there.
Amadi: Or maybe 'Have you ever wondered what the sky tastes like?'
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You detect and alligator under a large chunk of archway.
an*
Amadi: I don't feel like those are run-away questions. But I guess I could be wrong.
Oh, the thing.
Amadi points at the rubble of the thing.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Doesn't seem to be. It's a lot smaller and feels different. Arcana?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
8
)
+12
=
20
Hrmph.
Ellemerr: You can maybe assume that there's not a whole lot of alligators that aren't shapeshifters here. Though it's hard to tell in this place, I agree.
Random passerby: What fell down?
Gaurav: ... is there any way for me to recognise Greibel as an alligator?
Random passerby looks up at the sky, then suddenly looks at the pile of rubble and does a double take.
Apheori (GM): It's an alligator.
And there's a warforged arm.
Sticking out.
Amadi holds on to the random passerby.
Gaurav: Okay, avoid the alligator, help the war forged up/out of the rubble.
Amadi: What about the sky?
Ganelon: Out of the alligator or the debris?
Apheori (GM): Debris.
Ganelon: Pity.
Amadi: Have you ever wondered what it tastes like?
Gaurav: Ellemerr: that giant just turned out to be a disguised whale! Maybe he was an alligator disguised as a whale disguised as a giant? who knows.
Random passerby: (to Amadi) No, no, that is not normal.
Amadi: Oh.
Random passerby: I should... go.
Random passerby turns to leave.
Random passerby tugs.
Amadi: Will you help me with the rubble? I think I have friends in it. Why do you want to go?
Frezak (GM): I'm beginning to think that the people in this town aren't actually there.
Random passerby: What about it?
Gaurav: Amadi: "Go, Mr. Anderson? But how can you go if you have no ... feet?"
Amadi: Are you going to wonder now?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Strength to move hunk of rubble.
Gaurav: Pfft.
Random passerby: No.
Ganelon: "Well, what's wrong with you?"
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+2 strength check to move rubble hunk.
(
20
)
+2
=
22
Ganelon: "I think it tastes like lemons."
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You move the rubble hunk off the mouseforged! And also uncover an alligator.
Greibel makes an alligator grumble
Apheori (GM): Radek: This pocket dimension doesn't seem to be attached to anything.
Amadi: Oh.
Amadi looks a little puzzled and possibly a little upset.
Gaurav: How do you make an alligator grumble?
Bear Soup Guy: Poke him with something! HAR HAR HAR
Random passerby: There are things that are, and things that are not supposed to happen, and sometimes these things mix. When they do, it is not the place to leave.
Please let go.
Amadi: Well, if you do start wondering, will you tell me?
Radek: That's... a problem. This space is isolated.
Rhu continues searching the rubble for Radek and Gravy, calling their names as I go
The Gravedigger: Hmm.
Ganelon: So it needs to be connected to something, but can we even do that from the inside?
Frezak (GM): Do you still have your ropehole?
Ganelon: Certainly.
Though that's not a great place to visit.
Frezak (GM): Hmmm.
Do i remember what the edges of reality feel like?
Amadi shrugs and goes to help Rhu, putting out a cheerful, "I'm not sure this actually happens, and fairly sure it shouldn't have."
Random passerby: Um... sure.
Random passerby pulls away and leaves.
Gaurav: BSG: do you still have your radio headset thing? I think I smashed mine against a rock a while back.
No, a wall.
Apheori (GM): Gan: It's hard to say. The thing is, it SHOULD be connected to something. It's very odd for it to be stable and livable and not be...
Bear Soup Guy: I don't remember ever losing it but I also don't remember the last time I used it
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Possibly, but there don't seem to be any edges here that aren't in Radel
k's pockets.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Amadi: I have a book!
Amadi looks delighted and promptly sits down in Rhu's way to read.
Apheori (GM): BSG: Sanity please.
Ellemerr: That's a mystery.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You should check your book.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Ellemerr: She was also going to help you look, but... book.
Gaurav: I'm ... in the middle of the rubble? How did you get out here?
Rhu goes around Amadi, puzzled at the total absence of party members in the area.
Gaurav: BSG: could you please turn back human when you can? The possibility of an insane alligator is a terrifying one.
Frezak (GM): I had an idea but it wouldn't help.
Do our radios work?
Bear Soup Guy: Surely, I think I've exhausted the possibilities of this alligator for now anyway :P
Greibel turns back to norma
l
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You try the radio. It picks up entirely too much stuff.
Amadi starts looking for windows, without looking at the sky.
Rhu: (to Greibel) Careful, there's an alligator around here somewhere. Do you have your radio? I think I smashed mine against a wall a while ago.
Bear Soup Guy: DM: Does Greibel still have his radio?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: In the book, it describes a concept of a window, that doesn't look out at anything in particular, and doesn't look in on anything at all. It is vague and general and fuzzy, and thus the average person simply ignores it.
BSG: It's in your pockets, apparently.
Bear Soup Guy: Okie dokie
Ellemerr: Ooo
Greibel: (at Rhu) Here ya go, buddy. I'll keep an eye out for that alligator.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20 + 7
(
3
)
+7
=
10
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
6
)
+10
=
16
Rhu takes the radio from Greibel
Ellemerr: (That's in the order you asked for them.)
Rhu: Thanks! (to radio) Hello? Radek? Gravy? Where did you guys get to?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Perception and sanity, please.
And arcana.
Gimme all three.
Rhu: The radio ain't quite right. It's not set properly.
Amadi: Guys! Guys guys guuuuys!
Can you see this?
Rhu resists the urge to smash this radio against a wall, too, and hands it back to Greibel.
Rhu: (to Greibel) It doesn't work.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You don't find a window, but you make a door, sort of like this, rather like that, and exactly how you would have dreamed it all along, if this were your dream. And of course you're fairly certain it is, because whose the hell else would it be?
Greibel: Electronics. Pfft.
Rhu: I know, right?
Apheori (GM): There is now a wooden door, complete with doorknob and hinges that aren't attached to anything, standing in front of Amadi.
Amadi looks like around to see if there's any random passersby.
Ellemerr: I have no idea where that "like" came from.
Gaurav: Can we see this?
Bear Soup Guy: Can we see this?
heh
Gaurav gives BSG a we're-going-slightly-mad-in-this-game-aren't-we high-five
The Gravedigger: I..... suppose I could dig a hole.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Apheori (GM): Wjat
What's Radek doing?
Greibel sees it. Rhu: D20
Ganelon: Grumbling and trying to think his way out.
Amadi yells at the people "Hoy! Can you see this?" and points at the door.
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
6
)
=
6
Apheori (GM): Also the mouseforged is a bit crushed and is making sad noises.
Random passerby are finally starting to notice and are gathering around gossiping and crap. There's a pair of alligators in the crowd.
Amadi nods with infinite satisfaction and goes over to chat in mouse with the mouseforged.
Gaurav: Are you sure they're not a pair of ... Crocs?
Bear Soup Guy: If Rhu can see the door I'll try to calm the mouseforged and maybe attempt to move whatever's crushing it
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Some indicate yes, some no, and one guy asks what happened.
Rhu can't see the door.
Gaurav: 6 isn't insane enough to see the door? o.0
Apheori (GM): Greibel moves the rest of the rubble. It looks a bit smashed, but not dead.
Ganelon: This poor Mouseforged just keeps getting squished.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Roll arcana for random thinkies.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
19
)
+12
=
31
How are those thinkies?
Bear Soup Guy: Thinkie-rific
Apheori (GM): Very solid.
Frezak (GM): Meaty!
Apheori (GM): Radek is very thinky.
Amadi declares seriously, "I dream, therefore I speak."
Apheori (GM): He thinks about stuff and things, and realises it was probably the ball that did this, something slightly outside of its normal function.
Greibel: (to Amadi) Oh, you speak mouseforged?
Ganelon: The ball? You mean the thing what protects him from shovels and debris?
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You talk to the mouseforged, which is fortunately not in any pain, but can't move and is kind of scared. Do you calm it down or up?
Amadi pets the mouseforged on the head and tells it not to worry. It will soon be unstuck and the sky will taste magnificent and there are no cats, only alligators.
Frezak (GM): Otiluke's Protective Sphere?
Greibel: Works for me
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yeah. It doesn't just shield, since when sheilding wouldn't do anything, it came up with a different solution.
Amadi: I made a door! Because there are windows with nothing interesting on either side!
Greibel: So, um, what's that door doing there?
Frezak (GM): Oh, shit.
It's sentient?
Or at least has programming.
Ganelon: Do I still have it?
Amadi: I think it might only be interesting to some people.
Greibel: Is there anything interesting on the other side of the door?
Ellemerr: Have we freed Mouseforged?
Ganelon: Or are we like, inside the thing?
Frezak (GM): Sounds like it created a pocket.
Greibel: Show me, I'm very interested
Frezak (GM): Just to protect against the archfall.
Ellemerr: Can I magic up Mouseforged or will we require Radek?
Apheori (GM): Gan: Aye, you still have it. It's inside its own pocket thing.
Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Ellemerr: Mouseforged is freed, but too damaged to move on its own.
Gaurav: Has Rhu spotted any of Gravy or Radek's belongings in his search of the rubble?
Radek: This artifact is more sophisticated than I realized.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: Nope.
Radek: I think it created this space to protect us.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
9
)
+10
=
19
Not as well as Radek, though.
The Gravedigger: That's.. scary.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: Sure.
Radek: Only if I can't undo it.
Apheori (GM): You know magicky engineering thingies! Arcana.
Ellemerr: I... guess. O_o
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
14
)
+10
=
24
If this is enough, I want to take Greibel over to the door and "tadaa" at it. And then wait for him to open it.
Apheori (GM): Amadi gets it into the right shape, but it's still broken.
Arcana again?
Ellemerr: If it's not enough I'll grumble and shove him at the door anyway.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Do you want to arcana to do anything?
Greibel: Do you want to open the door?
Bear Soup Guy: I'll hang around until Amadi's finished
Don't want to leave the mousey crippled and alone after all
Ganelon: Yes, I want to see if I can't return us to our most recent dimension.
Ideally, somewhat displaced from where we left it.
Rhu looks up to see Amadi and Greibel examining thin air, sighs, and resumes his search for clues.
Ellemerr: No, that's more than my attention span can handle. Let's door!
Ganelon: For a religious man, Rhu is pretty hands-on.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You manage to find a few more broken things, and it starts working more, but it's still broken. Keep poking it?
Frezak (GM): Avengers are super handsy.
Ellemerr: I'll tell the Mouseforged I'm getting Radek and give it some cheese to smell.
Apheori (GM): Radek: Arcana to return, then.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Noooooo!
Apheori (GM): Gan: You don't even know where to begin. It seems all smooth sides, no edges, nothing to use.
Radek: Blasted spheres.
Mouseforged smells the cheese.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Dave suddenly lands next to you.
Ganelon: Don't ask me if Warforged can smell.
Rhu: Aaa!
Dave: What the flying fuck happened here?
Rhu falls over into the rubble
Dave: Er.
The Gravedigger: Can't you....
The Gravedigger waggles his hands.
The Gravedigger: Jolt it?
Rhu: (to Dave) The archway collapsed. Greibel, Mrs. Teatime and I are okay, but Gravy and Radek are gone.
Ellemerr: I'm pushing at Greibel to open it.
Dave: I can see that. What happened?
Rhu shrugs
Apheori (GM): Guys, do you open the door, or just stare at it?
Radek: Oh yes, I'm sure abusing the artifact will solve our problem immediately.
Greibel: Okay, okay. My curiosity is peaked.
Greibel motions to open the door
The Gravedigger: Really? Well then -oh, sarcasm.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Radek stares intently at the ball.
Greibel opens the door
Radek: I'd rather not make another hole...
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Amadi, Rhu: d20s
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
15
)
=
15
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Bear Soup Guy: WOOHOO INSANITY ROLL
Ellemerr: If this is a sanity roll and I'm NOT insane because of high roll I'm not sure what to do. Possibly curl up into a foetal position and moan.
Gaurav: BSG: super happy you are no longer an alligator
Bear Soup Guy: that makes two of us XD
Frezak (GM): Now he's an Aboleth
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You have no idea what they're looking at, but apparently there is something there.
Greibel: You open the door and fall through.
Amadi pushes the standing Greibel through the door and follows in order to get away from Dave.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You feel weird. Dave is staring at you. It's uncomfortable.
Ellemerr: That's the Other game, dear.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Amadi: Greibel didn't actually fall through. You just see him standing there.
Rhu: Huh.
Frezak (GM): No, no! Bring back my voices!
Greibel: whoopsy daisy!
Greibel falls I assume
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you got pushed. You fall.
Bear Soup Guy: Do I hit a surface or do I fall into some kind of hole place?
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Amadi: You find yourself in a new and empty space. It's all a bit white, not exactly decorated, just full of potential.
Bear Soup Guy: ah
Apheori (GM): You're on a floor of sorts.
Amadi sticks her finger into her head at either side and bites her tongue and concentrates really hard at banishing the uncomfortability.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You see Amadi push Greibel into a patch of nothing and they both disappear.
Ellemerr: fingers. Plural. And I'm not sure they go into her head or not.
rolling 1d20
(
11
)
=
11
Rhu: Hey!
Apheori (GM): Dave stares at Rhu instead.
Greibel: Nothing speaks to me quite as profoundly an an enormous blank canvas, but this clearly isn't the time.
Rhu walks up to the patch of nothing and tries to stick my head in
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Amadi: d20
Amadi lets out a long and satisfied "Aaaaah..."
Apheori (GM): The fingers go into her head.
The feelings of sanity subside.
Frezak (GM): Jellyhead.
Amadi gives Greibel a cheerful look.
Amadi: So! What have we got here...
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
4
)
=
4
Amadi: Mm... Sims version, maybe? Do you want a pencil?
Ganelon: Gravy ought to try digging, I think.
Greibel: A abandoned IKEA?
Ganelon: Radek's not come up with much.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's a window, of sorts. A doorway. Do you want to do anything with it? (You don't actually see the wooden door the others did.)
Frezak (GM): I suppose I could try and tunnel my way through reality.
But this is recursive.
Gaurav: What do I see when I stick my head through it?
Frezak (GM): Gravy will poke the sphere.
The Gravedigger: Anyone in there?
The Gravedigger whispers to Radek "It's worth a shot"
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: You don't see anything. It's mostly just a sense, but magic or something might... do something.
Amadi hands Greibel a pencil, before proceeding to dish out a number of painting implements, some of them in strange colours that Greibel probably recognizes and Rhu probably wouldn't be able to see at all.
Greibel: Sure, I'd love a pencil!
Apheori (GM): The sphere makes a doinging noise, but it doesn't seem anyone hears.
Gaurav: Rhu doesn't know much magic, but ...
(From Amadi): I hope you don't mind. It seemed like the thing to do.
Frezak (GM): Oh well.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+4 arcana check to see if I can "activate" this window somehow
(
5
)
+4
=
9
Frezak (GM): I will try to use the edge of my mind's shovel to create a wound in reality, that I might exarcebate using the strength of graves.
Ganelon: Sounds dangerous.
Rhu just tries walking through the space that Amadi and Greibel vanished through to see if that does anything.
Gaurav: Sounds *awesome*
(To Amadi): Entirely appropriate.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Roll something shovelly.
Rhu: The air turns purple.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Shovel skill: Strength and Trained.
Amadi spends a very long time picking out a brush. Then a longer time selecting a colour (mauve, a shade of purple). And then she just sits there staring into space for a bit.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The walking does nothing.
Dave goes and pokes it too, and it turns green.
Rhu looks at Dave
Rhu: Huh.
Dave shrugs.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You make the pocket lumpier. It now has a hole in it.
Ellemerr: Soon there'll be prophetic slugs. :3
Frezak (GM): I would like to use Gravyvision to scent the scent of Arah.
To direct me in my tunneling.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Ganelon: Suddenly it's Digger.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
3
)
+20
=
23
Uh-oh.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You have a pencil. What do you do with it?
Ganelon: Are we going to make a hole that defies conventional physics?
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS TO ADVENTURE
Apheori (GM): Gan: Yes.
Rhu pokes the green air
Greibel: (To Amadi, after prolonged silence) So...where are we exactly?
Frezak (GM): I'm shovelling reality, man.
Physics can suck it.
Ganelon: Well, I'm no good at digging but I'll follow him.
Amadi whispers, sounding sort of myserious and possibly a little holy, or like someone faking holiness, maybe, "The world is what you make it."
Ganelon: Still grumbling at the artifact.
Bear Soup Guy: I will scribble doodles on the white floor with my pencil
Apheori (GM): Gravy shovels. Radek follows. The pocket closes up behind you as you go.
Frezak (GM): Gravy will whistle.
Probably not very well, but cheerfully.
Amadi adds, narrowing her eyes and giving Greibel the least serious serious face ever, "The world is what you see and where that takes you."
Greibel: Can I make it ice cream?
Amadi shrugs, and just looks cheerful again.
The Gravedigger: "They said it was good, but they lied lied lied"
Amadi: But sure! Ice-cream!
Ellemerr: We whacked them with our shovels and they died died died!
Painting!
Greibel: Hmm
Greibel continues doodling on the floor
Apheori (GM): So y'all do this for a bit?
Gaurav: I could ask Hazz' for help, but it sounds to me like everybody is having a lot of fun.
Frezak (GM): Gravy has sense of time.
He's in the Zone.
Ganelon: Radek's not having fun.
Frezak (GM): The Shovel Zone.
Apheori (GM): Gaurav: But Rhu has no idea what they're doing or where they are.
Gaurav: He knows that not around, and that bothers him, but seeing as Hazz' just showed up in person and saved the world, he doesn't think it'd be polite to drag him into this again.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
I'ma get ice cream, and then tell you terrifying things.
Gaurav: And there isn't any obvious sign of distress. Amadi and Greibel walked into ... something. There aren't any bits of Gravy and Radek around, and Gravy is certainly the strongest person in the party, so unless something crushed him, he's probably fine. Rhu is concerned but not scared yet.
Damn, everybody's getting ice cream :-/
Bear Soup Guy: Not me, I'm on a diet :(
Gaurav: But Greibel is!
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, yes
Greibel is getting the ice cream world of his dreams
Ellemerr: Unless we get something else entirely out of this. I've no idea what I'm doing.
Oh, and Amadi ice-cream will most certainly... yeah, that sounds like Amadi ice-cream.
Gaurav: but is it vanilla?
Apheori (GM): It's rainbow-flavoured.
With all the impossible colours of the worlds.
Frezak (GM): The Flavour That Should Not Be
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You go through the rubble and notice some random bits of things. Looks like tape and twine.
Gaurav: The Flavour That Dare Not Speak Its Name (But Whispers It At Night When Nobody Is Looking)
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You eat ice cream and doodle...
Gravy: You dig, and dig, and dig.
Radek: You think Gravy might be digging in circles.
Rhu: Huh. Looks like the portal was literally held together with twine and tape.
rolling 1d20+14 perception check to examine the twine and tape
(
15
)
+14
=
29
Radek: Do you have any idea where you're going?
The Gravedigger: Do you?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You sit back and examine what you've drawn. It seems to be a diagram of the worlds, with little bits for the planets, dumplings for the planes, and whole massive bowls of soup for... what, universes? One of them is labelled 'chicken', and another 'squid'. You're currently sitting on 'cat'. Right in front of you is a drawing of a key.
Greibel: d20
Radek: "Nowhere", from the looks of it.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's old, dusty, and the tape is not like any tape you've ever seen. The material is metalic and strange. The twine is completely ordinary.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The key seems solid, drawn out of the paper of the space, but not enough to turn.
Ellemerr hugs Gravy
Gaurav: Is it sticking/packing tape?
Apheori (GM): Radek: Arcana to something the nowhere.
The Gravedigger looms over Radek, shreds of reality dripping from his thought of shovel.
The Gravedigger: You have a better idea?
You want to go back to poking with your toy?
You think you're better because you're smart.
But right now, I'm the one tearing apart starstuff and walking where there is no path.
Unless you have anything HELPFUL to say, I'd APPRECIATE IT if you'd LET me WORK.
Radek: Fine.
rolling 1d20+12
(
5
)
+12
=
17
Ganelon: That enough to be helpful? Probably not, but I have no idea.
Apheori (GM): Well, he's definitely going in circles.
Ellemerr: I am not apologizing for hitting his avatar.
Frezak (GM): Since I'm stopping, can I take another sniff at Arah?
Apheori (GM): Totally.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
3
)
+20
=
23
Oh, gods.
Ganelon: We're both such failures.
Frezak (GM): Hazz, specifically.
Ganelon: Yeah, I'll bet Hazz is loving this.
Gaurav: Three simultaneous dead ends? Of course He is.
Frezak (GM): Hmmmm.
I think that Gravy might have an idea that he's not getting anywhere.
And since we are in a place of nothing....
Apheori (GM): Yeah, he's probably getting that impression by now.
The first time he might think he knew, but it happening again?
Rhu: (to Dave) Did you see anything interesting while flying around?
Dave starts explaining all the wonderful colours she saw, but most of it makes absolutely no sense, and a lot of the words don't fit together...
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
18
)
=
18
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Yeah, you have no idea what she's talking about.
Frezak (GM): I could sacrifice Radek to Codrichun.
Rhu nods at Dave, only half paying attention. He also starts playing with the skull he's been carrying around.
Ganelon: Go ahead! See what happens when it's just you and the crazies left!
Dave looks a little hurt, then starts petting her raccoon.
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Amadi: Do you do anything? You've drawn the worlds, you've drawn ice cream, and you've drawn some very interesting sponge life forms.
Rhu and Dave just kind of hang out in silence, playing with their toys.
Ellemerr: What about the key?
(BSG?)
Bear Soup Guy: I'm eating lots of ice cream and drawing fuzzy animals
Frezak (GM): Dude, you're crazy.
Gaurav: what are all the random passerbys doing?
Frezak (GM): Gravy is clearly saner than Radek.
Ellemerr hugs Gravy some more
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right
The key wouldn't turn right?
Apheori (GM): Some of the folks are trying to clear the rubble, since it's blocking the road. It also totalled a few buildings, so most of them are focussing on those.
It wouldn't turn.
The Gravedigger: Hazzridan!
GET YOUR TENTACLES AWAY FROM MY DIGGING OR I WILL TELL THE GODSHARD NAMED AMADI
Amadi inspects the painting of the everything (or whatever it really is). She reaches out for the key but hesitates and redraws without touching it.
Gaurav: o.0
Ganelon: "And she'll be quite cross!"
Gaurav: "There might be booping!"
Ganelon: "You likely won't receive an invitation to her tea parties, and if you arrive anyways, you will be viciously snubbed at the door!"
Amadi: Do you think we should find the others? The... YEAH, HAZZ!
... Gravy?
(To Amadi): You hear him.
(To Amadi): When he says your name.
Amadi shakes her head, slightly confused (which isn't unusual), shakes her head, then nods, and then nods some more.
Frezak (GM): So I'm going to MC into Invoker Of Amadi.
Apheori (GM): o.O
Amadi: And Radek, too.
Greibel: Do you think we could draw our way to them?
Rhu: (to Dave) We should help them move the rubble and fix the buildings and stuff, at least until everybody gets back.
Amadi sploshes down with her brush, spilling paint on the map.
Amadi: Here.
Dave: You're not worried?
Rhu: Worried? Why?
Greibel: I wonder where they got to.
Rhu: They've vanished, all of them. They're probably safe somewhere, and trying to get back to us, or something.
Dave: Your friends are... not here. Dead ends, trapped and lost.
Rhu: If there's any clues as to where they went, they'll be under a rock around here somewhere.
Greibel gets up to go over and look at Amadi's paint splosh
Rhu: My friends? They're your friends too, aren't they? I mean, you and Amadi -- wait, did you see dead ends?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The splosh looks a bit empty, lacking colours, with a depth to it that indicates something.
Gaurav: BSG: can you draw a lock around the key?
Apheori (GM): It reminds you of a filing cabinet for some reason. A place where things go to be forgotten. A dead end.
Ellemerr: Experiment! The crazier the idea, the likelier a successful outcome!
Dave: If they weren't dead, wouldn't they be here?
Bear Soup Guy: Gaurav: Maybe! I don't know how this place works.
Rhu: I fell through a hole and got back here, and I didn't smell any fish now, so ... I'm sure they're fine. They'll find a way back. They're terribly smart.
Ganelon: Not today they aren't.
Dave: Hazz'ridan likes you. I don't think he likes them.
Rhu: Why did you say dead end, though? A dead end -- a really properly dead dead end -- would be a bad, bad place to get stuck.
Frezak (GM): Gravy is never smart.
Rhu: He likes Radek. He told me.
Frezak (GM): AND GODS WOULD NEVER LIE TO THEIR MINIONS
Ganelon: Yeah, that's never a thing gods do.
Dave: So what are you doing here? Go and get him!
Apheori (GM): I would like to remind you all that this is Gravy's fault.
Rhu: (to Dave) How?!
Ganelon: I hadn't forgotten, I just figure that it would be dangerous to point it out in-character.
Dave: What did the end god tell you?
Greibel tries drawing a door over the paint splotchy
Apheori (GM): Greibel, Amadi: do something.
Oh.
Rhu: I dunno. He mostly tells me to protect people.
Which I'm not very good at.
Apheori (GM): It's a pretty ugly door, but it looks like it might be functional. You'll just need to figure out how to open it in four dimensions.
Would you like to try?
Dave: And who are you supposed to be protecting?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+9 religion check to pray to Hazz' to keep his friends away from dead ends, for now
(
15
)
+9
=
24
Bear Soup Guy: I...would like to try
Dave: Is this protecting? Loitering about with your underpants on your head?
Amadi watches Greibel with something that looks a little like glee, or maybe just cheerful crazyness.
Rhu: (to Dave) Shh, praying.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You get a sense that there is no away.
BSG: Arcana and a d20.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+3 arcana
(
17
)
+3
=
20
Rhu: (mutters) No ... away?
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Gaurav: High roll .. low sanity .. exciting!
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You open the door. Inside is colour - lots and lots of colour, swirling about in a terrible ocean of stuff. And things. And colour.
Amadi quickly draws a balloon shaped like a fish. And takes hold of the twine and takes it with her.
Amadi: Yessir!
Greibel: (to Amadi) Feel like a swim?
Ellemerr: Yes.
Greibel: That's the spirit!
Rhu: (to Dave) Thank you. This isn't protecting, but its all I can do for now. Unless you have a better idea.
I could poke at this green air, I suppose.
Greibel plugs his nose and dives in, hand-in-hand with Amadi
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+4 arcana poke to green air
(
20
)
+4
=
24
... but not like that's going to ... uh, hang on ...
Apheori (GM): The green air swirls into a plethora of colours Rhu can't see, but it does look shimmery and pretty damn neat.
Dave: That's what you do.
Rhu: I ... that ... huh.
Dave steps into the colours and vanishes.
Ellemerr: Those are a lot of nice rolls. O_o
Rhu: HEY!
Damnit.
Rhu steps into the colours with the name of his god on his lips
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+9 religion check: HALP
(
19
)
+9
=
28
Bear Soup Guy: We'll all be rolling ones soon enough
Ganelon: Never!
Well, I might roll 1s.
Apheori (GM): Radek, Gravy: d20s
Ganelon: I'll never roll Religion.
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Speak of the devil!
Bear Soup Guy: There's our old friend
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
16
)
=
16
You are a fukken weight, Radek.
Amadi holds very very very tightly on to Greibel and... holds very very very very very tightly.
Apheori (GM): Greibel and Amadi: You find yourselves swimming in the fabric and colour of the universe. Nothing is real. Everything is permitted.
It's totally psychadelic.
Ganelon: This is still your fault!
Frezak (GM): SLANDER
(From Amadi): Trying not to think about a lot of things. And loving this. Totally loving this.
Frezak (GM): It's your gorram sphere deviating from previous patterns!
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Everything is terrifying. You're swimming in weird... stuff. There is no sign of Dave, or anyone, or really anything.
Ganelon: Never thought using old men as shields would come back to bite you, huh?
Apheori (GM): There are NO ENDS.
Dead or otherwise.
Frezak (GM): If you hadn't had the orb I'd have just dragged you.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You're stuck, you're cross, and you don't know what to do. Even digging didn't work, and it should have. You know it really should have.
Amadi: Wheeeeeeee
Greibel: Wow, dig this, man
Ganelon: What about me?
Apheori (GM): Radek: You get a really horrible idea involving edges of things. It might just work, and doesn't seem like it'd have much of a downside. Do you act on it?
Ellemerr: Dancing sounds lovely.
Frezak (GM): I will get back to digging regardless.
It's what I do!
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Greibel motions to Amadi for a dance in the vast everything of the universe
Ganelon: Of course I act on it!
Because I don't metagame.
At worst I'll feel bad if this ends up killing Gravy.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
rolling 1d20 + 9
(
15
)
+9
=
24
Apheori (GM): What's metagaming?
Radek: arcana.
Ellemerr: Good enough for them both - let's hope!
Rhu looks around at the vastness of coloured nothing and looks sick.
Apheori (GM): Greibel and Amadi dance. I'd like d20s and acrobatics from both of you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
16
)
+12
=
28
Greibel:
rolling 1d20
(
12
)
=
12
rolling 1d20+1 acrobatics
(
5
)
+1
=
6
Ganelon: Metagaming in this context would be playing one's character using knowledge that character should not possess.
Ellemerr: Yes. AGAIN.
Bear Soup Guy: Amadi is clearly leading this dance
Ellemerr: I'm telling you, all my good rolls are wasted.
Ganelon: For instance, I know that the idea which occurred to Radek is very likely a bad one with potentially dangerous consequences.
Frezak (GM): Did Ellemerr crit sanity?
Ganelon: But he doesn't think so, so why would he refuse to act on it?
Ellemerr: Psh, you know I roll really terribly at everything.
It's not nothingness, it's everythingness.
Frezak (GM): I don't know you anymore.
Apheori (GM): Amadi leads the dance, and you swim through the creations and destructions of a matter of things. There is no end. There is no death. There is no time. Everything is, and has always been, and will never not be.
Gan: Ah.
Gaurav: A ridiculously sane Amadi in the heart of nothingness might be pretty cool actually.
Apheori (GM): It's a bad idea, but only bad in that it's completely ridiculous and stupid, not in that... well, I dunno.
Bear Soup Guy: ^
Ganelon: Well, in any case.
He acts on it.
Gaurav: oh! hmm.
Apheori (GM): The ridiculous stupidity explodes as Radek turns the orb's pocket inside out, dumping Radek and Gravy into a strange island of colour.
Rhu: What are you doing?
The Gravedigger: Aaaagh!
Amadi does fancy swirling moves and dips and jumps and everything, and at some point lets go the balloon and watches it float off. She nods after it and instructs it in fish to do... yes, do. Something, somewhere, is singing. It might be everything, everywhere.
Radek: Gah!
Apheori (GM): RHU!
(From Amadi): I want a helpful balloon-fish. Can I have that?
Apheori (GM): Being sick?
Frezak (GM): I finally got that, Merr.
I'm ashamed.
(From Amadi): I'm not sure exactly what a helpful balloon-fish would do. Maybe just find the others. But... you know. Helpful balloon fish. Because. :3
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: You realise Rhu is there. He looks ill, and doesn't seem to be able to see you.
Or much of anything, really.
Frezak (GM): I'll poke him regardless.
Greibel in typical fashion marvels open-mouthed at the amazing colors and things and stuff around him, as well as Amadi's dancing
(To Amadi): Sure.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: d20s
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20
(
19
)
=
19
Twins!
Ganelon: Damnit, we did it again.
Frezak (GM): Again!
Ganelon: Except I doubt we'll ever beat those double 1s.
Apheori (GM): Okay, you guys are good. You can't see much of the swirl of insaity, but you can definitely poke Rhu. So you poke Rhu.
The Gravedigger: Hey, Rhu!
Ganelon: Does he react?
And regardless of that, does the poke actually affect him?
Frezak (GM): I can invoke a demon lord if that helps.
Apheori (GM): Well, he's poked.
Ganelon: Doesn't it need someone's vitality as a sacrifice?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: d20
Frezak (GM): I really want to find a use for Codrichun.
Ganelon: That part strikes me as a little restrictive.
Rhu pukes
Rhu:
rolling d20
(
11
)
=
11
Frezak (GM): Well, I think that I promise it sacrifice when I invoke it.
Apheori (GM): You guys are literally surrounded by vitality. A successful roll would provide you all you need.
Gaurav: Sorry! My housemate's dog found a nest of robins in our front yard and I had to go ooh and aah over them.
Frezak (GM): I might summon all of him and not just an aspect.
WHich could be bad.
Since Codrichun just wants to obliterate everything.
Ganelon: Yeah, and if we're forced to kill him, your power won't work anymore.
Frezak (GM): I'd have to take my retrain for something.
Apheori (GM): >.<
Rhu only sort of sees you when you poke him. He's pretty out of it, like this place is eating him.
Frezak (GM): Hmmmm.
Can Radek rubberband him back to Arah and let us piggyback on the translocation?
Gaurav: I've never been eaten before. What a novel experience.
Ganelon: Gooood question!
Ellemerr: Are Amadi and Greibel just dancing?
Ganelon: I have no idea how he even got here.
Apheori (GM): What does rubberband mean?
Frezak (GM): Snap him back.
Like pulling a rubber band and then letting go.
Ellemerr: I think we were sort of trying to find the others but Amadi is probably distracted by the everything.
We could dance somewhere, too. Randomly.
Apheori (GM): Oh. You wouldn't know where to pull, unless you go mad enough.
Are you just dancing? Because I could totally see that.
The porridge floats around them
Frezak (GM): Either pull him further here, or just trace to where he came from, which'd be Arah.
Ganelon: Well, my objective would be to figure out where Rhu came from.
Bear Soup Guy: We could definitely just be dancing, or something could show up that we notice
Rhu motions to indicate that he can't speak but is glad to see you two, then turns in the opposite direction and pukes some more.
Ganelon: And I doubt my eyes will help much there, so magical senses will have to do.
Apheori (GM): BSG: d20
Radek: Arcana
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
9
)
+12
=
21
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
17
)
=
17
Apheori (GM): BSG: You see objects and weird things. They're all squished and weird, with lots of variations all shoved together.
Gan: Rhu definitely came from somewhere, but you can't tell if it's still there.
Gravy: Something large and feathery runs into you.
Amadi: Oh? Oh!
Apheori (GM): It says, "This is all your fault, isn't it?"
Amadi: My fish is helping. My fish SHOULD be helping. It might not be.
Ganelon: Oh god, it's the chicken suit guy, isn't it?
Greibel shakes out the cobwebs a little
Greibel: We should find...someone.
People?
Gaurav: Chicken suit guy!
Amadi: We didn't lose it, I set it free! If you love something, set it free, and it'll bring you truffles!
Greibel: I think we...lost the fish.
Apheori (GM): One of you do a perception to find the fish.
Frezak (GM): How large?
Apheori (GM): It's not the chicken suit guy, but Dave.
Amadi: ... Possibly morels?
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+11
(
12
)
+11
=
23
Amadi: ... What someones were we finding?
Apheori (GM): The fish is gone. >.>
Greibel: Is that how it works?
Rasputin! Be free and bring me truffles!
Gaurav: If that is how it works, I've been doing it wrong all these years :-(
Rhu waves excitedly at Dave
Amadi: Gravy! He yelled at Hazz! For me!
Or... with me?
The porridge wiggles off into the colour, and swirls about, growing and fading.
Amadi: Er.
Let's find them!
Bear Soup Guy: Psychedelic Porridge
Good band name
Greibel: We had to find...the people we were with
Radek?
Amadi dances a very purposeful tango in what's hopefully the right direction.
Dave: (to Rhu and the others) Oh, hello.
This is an odd place to meet.
(to Rhu) You don't look so good.
Greibel: Let's!
Greibel does his best to keep up, tripping on the ether a few times
Radek: Do you know where we are?
Dave looks around.
Dave: Nope.
But it's very strange. Even more colourful than Arah.
Radek: Well, it may be the inverse of a pocket dimension.
Rhu: (croaks) in-verse?
I stepped through some green air to get here. How do we get out?
Radek: Good question. I haven't thought of anything yet.
Ganelon: I don't suppose there's anything I could do to make him better, is there?
Heal checks, maybe some ambiguous syringe application?
Gaurav: Leave me.
I'm just everything sick.
everythingsick*
Apheori (GM): You could do a heal check to find out.
Ganelon: Leave you *in* the everything?
Worth a shot.
rolling 1d20+9
(
4
)
+9
=
13
Mm, yes.
Apheori (GM): You dunno what's doing it, or what to do about it.
Ganelon: Definitely a fever.
(From Gaurav): Ah, I thought it was just the colours. Let me know when Rhu should get better.
Ellemerr: Are we getting anywhere?
Should I try the waltz? Maybe halling?
Frezak (GM): Alien spacebats.
Radek: Can you get a sense of direction here, Gravy?
Gaurav: At least we're back together again!
Try a foxtrot.
Radek: Rhu came from somewhere, I just can't be sure... where that is.
(To Gaurav): It's the colours, it's the madness, it's the enverything. No dead ends.
Frezak (GM): I'll sniff about for Arah! Or for anything odd.
rolling 1D20+10
(
15
)
+10
=
25
Sorry, mistyped.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You're right on top of Arah.
Frezak (GM): that's 35.
Bear Soup Guy: We really can't pass up the opportunity to jitterbug in space
Frezak (GM): I lift my shovel triumphantly.
Apheori (GM): You're right on top of everything, including Arah.
Frezak (GM): AND DIG DEEP
Oh.
Everything?
Huh.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Ganelon: So move everything out of the way except Arah.
Like digging peas and carrots out of your fried rice.
Gaurav: ^
Ellemerr: Oh that is bad that is bad that is bad turn right around and go the other way
The Gravedigger: Step aside, guys.
This is gonna get messy.
Ellemerr: (BSG: Feel free to not turn around.)
Frezak (GM): And I once again turn the power of landless earths to turn aside all that is not my destination.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You get somewhere. You find yourself
.
Ellemerr: It might just be myself.
Oh, great.
Awesome.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: A dig and a d20.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+11
(
12
)
+11
=
23
rolling 1D20
(
14
)
=
14
Ellemerr: And he's with another Amadi?
Bear Soup Guy: I will boldly plow through myself
Apheori (GM): BSG: Yourself boldly plows through you, and then looks confused.
Ganelon: "Out of the way, dweeb-el."
(From Ellemerr): I can't stray far from the Key so if THIS Griebel doesn't have it I should know eventually but I'm going to try.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You find yourself with another Greibel.
Ellemerr: Let's go in opposite directions and see what happens.
Bear Soup Guy: "dweeb-el" XD XD XD
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh this will be fun
Shall we make a hilariously bad attempt at playing all four of us?
Apheori (GM): Gravy! You dig and wind up spilling a bunch of world on top of you. You're not even sure which world it is.
Well, was.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20 +
(
13
)
=
13
Gaurav: I'm sure it was an unimportant and unnecessary world.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr, Greibel: You go in opposite directions with your other selves, and then wind up running back into each other again. Then some random world is spilling everywhere.
d20s
Ganelon: This suddenly sounds like an utterly horrible idea.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
13
)
=
13
Ellemerr: Sing. Find Gravy. And get a new, more helpful fish.
Apheori (GM): You swim out covered in clams. There are now only the two of you again.
Would you like to do something specific?
Bear Soup Guy: I will pocket as many of the clams as I can for future clam dining
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You got world soup. Did I make you roll a d20? Do you keep digging?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 heal check on myself to close my eyes and fall asleep
(
5
)
+12
=
17
Ganelon: If he's digging through everything, I'd like to keep a close watch to make sure he avoids the things which matter.
Like the principles Radek's insane profession draws upon. We don't want to disturb those.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You close your eyes and still see everything. If anything you see more. It makes you feel worse.
Quite so.
Rhu groans and opens his eyes again
Frezak (GM): I did do a D20.
And If I can still dig, I'll dig.
Apheori (GM): Oh, right. You continue to dig.
Radek: Arcana.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
18
)
+12
=
30
Apheori (GM): Since you're watching him.
Ellemerr: Yes!
Apheori (GM): Radek: He's wrecking stuff. Nothing terribly important, but bits that could be useful, planes that might be relevant.
Amadi: New useful fish leads you.
Do you follow new useful fish?
Greibel?
Bear Soup Guy: Absolutely
Amadi is singing a song about fishes that ends on a cheerful and singy "hellooooo"
Ganelon: Could I direct him around the stuff that matters?
Apheori (GM): Fish leads you to the others.
Fish also winds up in Gravy's digging.
Gan: Aye.
Gravy: Reroll dig. Gan: Assist him or something?
What exactly is he digging for? What do you say matters?
Greibel: We come bringing tidings of the universe, and clams!
Frezak (GM): Hey.
Ganelon: Well, things that matter to Radek and/or that might contribute to the success of their mission.
Frezak (GM): I could take us back to the world with the Car.
Amadi: I have a fish-balloon! Balloon-fish! I had two, but the other one isn't here now. They are both helpful fish, though. I'm just not sure how the first was helpful. The second was helpfuler. I think. What are you doing?
Ganelon: We do have a stable hole now, though.
Gaurav: I'm tempted to say we should get back to Arah and do things there, but we have destroyed one house, one portal, and part of a street, and probably killed a giant/whale/alligator.
So now might be a good time to leave.
Frezak (GM): I don't know what we can get out of Arah now.
Ganelon: I have nothing to do in Arah, this is true.
Amadi: Oh. It sort of looks like he's destroying the back-yard. Dog-style. I though you might be burying a bone.
Ganelon: But I'm not sure we could do much from that world either.
Radek: He's digging us out.
Gaurav: We could go deer hunting again. That was fun.
Amadi: My Keeper has a key and he drew another one. I don't remember what became of it.
Radek: And I'm trying to make sure he doesn't disturb anything important on the way there.
Frezak (GM): I could.... seek the thing that was not a shovel.
Ganelon: ...
Would you let me make it a shovel?
Dave: He needs a key.
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Yes I would.
Amadi: Should we have brought the key that he drew? It wouldn't turn, see. Should I go back for it? I'm not sure I can. I don't usually touch keys.
Gaurav: BSG: what key do you have?
Amadi: They hurt.
Bear Soup Guy: I have....I'm not sure
I have a ring I got from a skeleton. That could be a key?
Greibel: In retrospect, picking up the mysterious key was probably something I should have thought to do
Dave: I... don't know.
Amadi: ... Maybe my first fish was the key. Or maybe it'll go back for it! I know it's a very helpful fish.
Maybe it's feeding starving children in Thessalia.
Maybe it makes a mean couscous.
Greibel: Aw, that's nice of it
Amadi pulls out a daisy-chain. Very, very long.
Gaurav imagines a mean couscous
Radek: Say, do any of you have chains?
Gaurav: It kicks other food off your plate and snickers.
Bear Soup Guy: "Bean curd? More like bean NERD!"
Radek: A length of chain, perhaps... 20, 25 feet long?
Ellemerr: Then I'll be kind and not tell you.
Amadi: ... Oh.
Amadi looks sad.
Ganelon: I won't even ask out of where.
Radek: I meant a metal one.
Ellemerr: I'm laughing too much to do anything more right now.
Radek: ...And not shaped like flowers, either.
Frezak (GM): Monster.
Greibel: But it's still a very nice daisy chain, Amadi
Ganelon: I'm the worst.
Greibel: I'm sure it'll come in handy
Frezak (GM): Gravy briefly pauses.
The world has darkened, somehow.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: I need a roll and a destination for digging.
Frezak (GM): I'm seeking the thing that Radek told me was not a shovel.
rolling 1D20+11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Apheori (GM): Radek: What IS the thing?
Ganelon: You want me to answer that? I was maximum-insane when I saw it!
Apheori (GM): Or just tell me what you know. >.>
Frezak (GM): It wasn't a shovel.
Ganelon: I remember that it was described as being "power".
Apheori (GM): Ooo, right.
That.
Er.
Is Radek assisting?
Ganelon: Yeah, what skill is that?
To keep him from digging through the good stuff.
Rhu mumbles a prayer to Hazz' to help Gravy in his quest to dig an answer.
Frezak (GM): Sounds like magical knowledge to me.
Ganelon: "Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: You descent into the darkness, losing sense of direction, including where you were supposed to be going. But it doesn't matter. Here, there is only the power, the sense of future, of everything that could be and will come to pass."
Amadi looks happy at the praise and then forgets about the daisies and notices Rhu and plods over and gives him a sympathetic look.
Apheori (GM): You can use arcana, if you're guiding him.
Ellemerr: Oh, I can maybe assist. I can roll arcana.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+12
(
10
)
+12
=
22
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
13
)
+10
=
23
Frezak (GM): So I'm looking at a 30, unless anyone else can give me an assist.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+9 religion check to plead with Hazz to help Gravy
(
18
)
+9
=
27
^-- does that count as an assist/can I assist in any other way
Ellemerr: It's in my interest that he doesn't break the world. I hate cleaning up anything.
Apheori (GM): Eh, okay, so you dig. And you dig.
And you dig.
Ellemerr: Roll.
Gravy: Radek guides you away from breaking things. Amadi sort of helps too.
Right, so you both do that.
Gravy: You dig into a strange hole.
Radek: So, where are you going, exactly?
The Gravedigger: Power.
Ganelon: Hmmm.
May I insight you, there?
Amadi hands Rhu some painkillers.
Gaurav: What is Dave doing?
Frezak (GM): I suppose.
Apheori (GM): Dave is watching.
How do those sorts of insights work?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+4
(
10
)
+4
=
14
Between players, the rules are pretty... unclear.
Amadi hands Rhu a bottle of water as well.
Ganelon: Hence why I asked permission, because it's on Frezak to adjudicate what my character can figure out about Gravy's intentions.
Rhu: (to Amadi) I ... don't think I can keep 'em down ...
Ganelon: And with what DCs.
Ellemerr: PS: I'm not sure that's -actually- water.
Ganelon: In this case, the least I was hoping to figure out was whether he was talking about the thing that these two encountered or something else.
Rhu has some careful sips of water, then drinks more
Frezak (GM): Yeah, Gravy isn't hiding it and it's info you have, so you're pretty sure that's what he's talking about.
Gaurav: I'm absolutely certain it isn't :P
Radek: You mean... you know the way back?
The Gravedigger: AGAIN WITH THE QUESTIONS.
I'm telling you I'm going there, so WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Ganelon: "More sane than Radek", he says.
Ellemerr: It's the boooooooom smash!
Frezak (GM): yeah.
Doesn't mean Gravy is sane.
Apheori (GM): This would be the point where the hole Gravy is digging collapses and you all fall into Midnight.
Frezak (GM): Whoooo
Bear Soup Guy: Delicious midnight
Frezak (GM): It's the laaaaaast Midnight
Ellemerr: It's where Amadi has wanted to go all along.
She never said what for. Nobody asked.
Ganelon: There was a thing we were supposed to do in Midnight, wasn't there?
Ellemerr: Cheeeeeese!
And now you'll be forced to wonder! For a whole WEEK!
Apheori (GM): It's late. I need to go snorkel cheese.
So... uh... next time I'll tell you what Midnight is, or something.
Ellemerr is crushed by sleeping people.
Ganelon: I likely didn't ask because I didn't expect a helpful answer.
Frezak (GM): Eeeeeh
Apheori (GM) falls asleep on Ellemerr.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Bear Soup Guy falls asleep on Apheori
Ganelon: Well, with any luck I'll have other games to distract me until them.
Gaurav: snorkel cheese?
Ganelon: Like the one Karstein's been NEGLECTING so he can tend to his stupid real-life obligations.
Frezak (GM): Tell you what.
We can play Blink next time someone flakes.
Ganelon: That sounds like an excellent idea.
Frezak (GM): I'll have you chased by the Weeper.
It'll be great.
Ganelon: That sounds considerably less excellent.
Frezak (GM): Also you have a sack of teeth in both games I run now.
Well, this was a fun session.
I dug things.
Bear Soup Guy: Well, till next time guys. Fun session! Adios!
Frezak (GM): So character objective fulfilled.
Bear Soup Guy goes off to pass out
Ellemerr: Cheesecake, guys.
Gaurav: byeeee everybody