Holes/Session 13/raw

From Zaori
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear!
ROOM ON THE MAP
Frezak (GM): GONNA DIE
DIIIIE
This IS fancy.
Bear Soup Guy: It's very nice
I'm going to stay in there mucking about with corpses as long as possible
Frezak (GM): That sounds like a druid.
MUCKING ABOUT WITH SCIENCE CORPSES
Invoke some trees.
Bear Soup Guy: =D
Yes
Frezak (GM): some potted plants.
Spruce the place up.
With spruces.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll sprout a mighty oak
Frezak (GM): That sounds obscene.
Bear Soup Guy: Perhaps it is
I am alone after all
Aside from the cat
Frezak (GM): The cat won't judge.
Well, it will, but not if you start touching yourself.
It's about being FED
SATING IT'S UNENDING HUNGER
Bear Soup Guy: Perversions are stories, right?
Frezak (GM): Sure.
Everything is a story.
Hence the value of words.
Since if you can change a story, then you can change ANYHTING.
Or anything, even.
Bear Soup Guy: If you can change a story then I wonder if the aftertaste changes as well
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
It's time-travel, only without any dimensions;
Apheori (GM): Yes and no.
It was the aftertaste what killed Athyria.
Bear Soup Guy: RIP
Frezak (GM): Rest In Pie?
Revel In Pigeons?
Ellemerr: Is that black-clad thing the not-Amadi?
Frezak (GM): Rotate Ill Pants?
Who? Rhu?
Rhu is not Amadi.
Bear Soup Guy: Reverberate In Palistine
Frezak (GM): Palestine?
Bear Soup Guy: That one, sorry
Ellemerr: On the floor. With a gun. I can't see any wings. I'm very disappointed.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, such a big gun
Frezak (GM): They're magic wings.
Bear Soup Guy: I thought it was wings
There's the wings
They're white, and all wet
Frezak (GM): It's a vocabulatic miscomprehension.
Ellemerr: There's a lot of corpses, ain't there?
Frezak (GM): What, you mean the skellingtons are wings?
You're insane.
Ellemerr: I'm going to fish now. I mean, do things. With fish. Yes.
Frezak (GM): Give the fish a wing?
So that they can shoot themselves?
As they see Greibel sprout a might oka?
*oak
Ellemerr: Okra, it was the okra!
Frezak (GM): LADY FINGERS
SNAKE HEADS
Greibel sprouts a mighty okra. It is delicious.
Frezak (GM): You're eating your own... fruit?
Your shoots.
Your sproutlings.
Apheori (GM): Yes, thatś the not amadi, and there are no wings because I couldn't find a dead person with wings.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes but that white thing along her back
It does look like wings crumpled up from the wetness
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: Excellent
Apheori (GM): Agh, crap, sorry.
I had to make an icon.
On the off chance Amadi does what I expect she'll do.
Greibel: You were about to open the tank?
Frezak (GM): Farm telepathic space-shrimp?
Apheori (GM): No, she's already doing that.
Or was.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
I never have original ideas.
DAMN YOU, WHORE.
Ellemerr: You think I have plans for doings? Or think you can predict them? O_o You have more faith in me than me. Or in you. Whichever.
I'm still fishing.
My fish is exploding! I have exploding fish!
Apheori (GM): Plans?
What are those?
Ellemerr: Please start the game whenever it's convinient.
Or convenient, even.
Frezak (GM): I can't remember what I was doing.
Apheori (GM): RADEK! RHU! GRAVEDIGGER!
Frezak (GM): Oh, teleporter room.
I WANT TO EXAMINE MR MOUSIE.
Ellemerr: Going outside.
Frezak (GM): I WANT TO KNOW WHY HE DIED.
Apheori (GM): You're in front of a corridor leaving the teleporter room.
Then examine him.
Roll nature or something. Is that right?
Frezak (GM): Um.
Heal, probably.
Ganelon: For a skelly?
Yeah, probably heal.
Frezak (GM): Nature would tell me he was a mousie.
Apheori (GM): For a mouse?
Frezak (GM): no, Mr Mousie.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+2
(
19
)
+2
=
21
Fuck yeah.
Apheori (GM): You examine the mouse and realise the mouse is lumpy where it shouldn't be. Like its organs got slightly... rearranged by weight.
(From Ellemerr): If the thing you've expected me to do is really awesome and I'm not doing it, you can always prod me. I'm mostly just going to eat fish and try to think about cars.
Bear Soup Guy: Sorry I'm back, went to put noodles on
Frezak (GM): Rearranged by weight?
What?
(To Ellemerr): I have no idea what you'll do. I just need you to show up and do something.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: The bottom of the mouse is much heavier than to top for some reason.
Frezak (GM): Um.
(From Ellemerr): Well I'm -probably- going to do THAT sooner or later. Unless I suddenly explode and rain down as sentient dust over Gravy instead. You never know.
Frezak (GM): I'll... prod him to see if there's... something inside him >.>
Ellemerr: Bottom as in tail?
Frezak (GM): Mouse butt is lumpy.
(To Ellemerr): You can't do that unless he's by Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
There are... hard things. But the bones are also not where they should be so they're probably bones.
Frezak (GM): Well, fuck it.
I'm not going to open up Mr Mousie.
I'll just be sad.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Do you open the tank?
Heh.
(From Ellemerr): I know. I think I'm surprisingly aware of the rules binding me. Unless I'm not, of course.
Bear Soup Guy: Eventually I wander over and open the golem tank, yeh
(To Ellemerr): You seem at least as aware as I am. >.>
Apheori (GM): The thing spills out.
Did that work? Did it show up?
Ellemerr: Yes.
You're very fancy.
Apheori (GM): Wheeeee!
Ellemerr: The tank is still blue, though. Might wanna empty that.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Right
Ellemerr: Very, very good.
Apheori (GM): .
Ellemerr: What's in the last tank? O_o
Apheori (GM): It was empty.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear, cool
Apheori (GM): AMADI! APPEAR!
Ellemerr: ... Gotcha.
Amadi furiously bangs her little fists against the glass of the last tank.
Frezak (GM): DONT
SHE IS EVIL
Greibel: There's nothing in that one
Frezak (GM): SHE WILL EAR YOUR CAULIFLOWER
Greibel kneels down to inspect the golem
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It looks like a warforged. But I have no idea what warforged look like. Neither do you.
>.>
Amadi gives Greibel a rude gesture and holds her breath.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: Did you just climb into or onto the ank?
Bear Soup Guy: I will imagine the War Doctor who was also forged in war
Clearly that is appropriate
Ellemerr: I wanted to appear in it.
It looked nice.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Then I suppose Greibel was being quite oblivious at the moment
Apheori (GM): It spilled everywhere when you forced your way in.
Bear Soup Guy: He's had a stressful day
Apheori (GM): Good job.
Ellemerr: Well that's no fuun.
Apheori (GM): RAHB: I mean you've probably never seen one. A warforged. As a... species-type thing.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, right!
Greibel will assume he looks like the war doctor =P
Ganelon: If only the Guru Man were here.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Now what?
Also the porridge feels oddly soggy.
Frezak (GM): OH GODS
Bear Soup Guy: He's had a stressful day too
Frezak (GM): THE PORRIDGE IS A WERE-FISH
Ellemerr: I'm going to stay in the tank. For now. With no liquid, I'm sure it's a nice tank.
Bear Soup Guy: Now I will inspect the golem! Maybe.
I guess nature's no good if I've never seen one.
Heal?
Frezak (GM): So.... do we take the exit destination portal thing?
Apheori (GM): Arcana.
...I guess.
Bear Soup Guy: ARCANA
Ganelon: Heh heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh boy, okay
Ganelon: Yessss
We have a door to take.
Gaurav: I hope we get to visit this room sometime, it is an awesome room.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+2 Desperate inspection of magics
(
10
)
+2
=
12
Ganelon: And a mysterious option on the controls that should be less dangerous than those two trapped ones.
Ellemerr: Wasn't that just back?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You discern that there's magic involved.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY I LEARNED SOMETHING
Gaurav: "less dangerous"? I'm not convinced "out" in any way suggests a lack of danger. But i guess it's not obviously a trap, which is handy.
Frezak (GM): I thought it was: Back, Mystery, death, pain.
Gaurav: Did we try walking out the door and wandering around this place?
Frezak (GM): There was a door?
Apheori (GM): There's a door.
To a corridor.
Gaurav: That door.
Apheori (GM): There are also two buttons for the transporter.
Do something.
Ellemerr: You had sort of decided on the door last time.
Rhu: I vote for going out the normal door. I don't like machine things.
Gaurav: Ellemerr: that was last week. We are now older and wiser.
Rhu: Also, err ... should we take Mr. Mousie with us?
Ellemerr: So now you can take the door like old wise men rather than young adventurous types?
Radek: Can you raise the dead?
Amadi sits down in her tank and starts banging her knuckles experimentally against the inside, listening to the sound of it.
Frezak (GM): I have pocketed Mr.Mousie.
That he may have the burial he deserves.
Ganelon: I can try to fix him, you know.
The sphinx walks over and sits on the not Amadi's face.
Frezak (GM): I could bury you, you know.
Ganelon: DM: Right click, "To Back".
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Gaurav: oh oops sorry I forgot re: Mr. Mousie
Ganelon: I vote the door, too.
Amadi leans her head out of the tank and looks at the sphinx.
The sphinx grins at Amadi.
Apheori (GM): So you guys head out the door?
Gaurav: Should Gravy take the lead out the door? Him being big and all.
Ganelon: Yes.
We know there are skeletons.
He should be in front, smashing them.
Gaurav: They just want hugs.
If we could build some sort of hugginator, we should be fine.
Amadi: Do you think I'm dreaming about her, or that she's dreaming about me? Or are we all dreaming one another? Maybe it's all HER, too. But that's sort of the same. Isn't it?
The sphinx: Dreamsss.
Greibel: Well stated, my mysterious companion
Gaurav: Amadi: ooh, I like the new avatar!
Frezak (GM): I'll go open the door, then.
Greibel: Do you think you could learn anything from these various corpses I've littered the room with?
Rhu follows Gravy to the door
Amadi: I'm not telling you my dreams, you demanding thing. Don't eat the dead dreams, either. You'll get a stomach-ache again.
Amadi bangs her knuckles against the metal some more.
Amadi: I like this sound.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Rhu: You see a corridor going off into the darkness, with a few green lights flickering at intervals.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Rhu: That looks safe.
Frezak (GM): How well can we see by these lights?
Rhu: In that reality itself isn't flickering on and off.
The sphinx arches its back slightly at the sound.
Apheori (GM): You can see, but not very... far?
Frezak (GM): Enough to navigate?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
Apheori (GM): There are some doors on either side.
Gaurav: We have torches as part of our Adventurer's Kit, I think.
Frezak (GM): DOORS
OPEN DOOR
yeah, but I don't have a free hand.
Apheori (GM): In this case the torches would be really torches, though.
Amadi finally ceases, turning her attention to Greibel. "Corpses. I'm great with corpses. When do you need it?"
Gaurav: Wait, let's perception check to see if we can hear anything.
Frezak (GM): Smart.
GRAVY SENSE! TINGLE!
Apheori (GM): As soon as Amadi stops, the sphinx gets up and starts crazy-jumping around for no aparrent reason.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9+10+1
(
5
)
+9+10+1
=
25
Ganelon: Absolutely ridiculous.
Greibel eyes the sphinx
Apheori (GM): It looks a little something like this, and then runs into a desk. http://25.media.tumblr.com/d67e00c6db38870d4a4ea59e757fdb87/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo6_400.gif
Gaurav: We could also do some sort of strategic door opening in which I open the door while Gravy gets ready to charge through it. Or something.
(From Ellemerr): Do I have special sphinx-knowledge of any kind or something to roll about that?
Greibel: (To Amadi) Uhm....whenever it's convenient I suppose.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You sense... DEATH.
Gaurav: WHAT ABOUT FISH
Apheori (GM): Also there's a bigger corridor ahead.
(To Ellemerr): I have NO idea.
Gaurav: Apheori: that is a quality cat GIF
(From Ellemerr): Beyond, you know, when I just do things and assume it to be okay.
Frezak (GM): Death?
Apheori (GM): DEEEEATH.
Frezak (GM): LIke... the smell of rotten things?
Or just.... Deeeeaaaath!
Apheori (GM): Kind of, except nothing's rotted.
The Gravedigger: Beyond this door... lies DEATH.
DEAAAATH
Radek: What, ours?
Are you trying to be spooky?
Rhu takes a step away from the door
Amadi sniffs the corpse of not-her and then gives the sphinx a suspicious, narrow-eyed look.
The Gravedigger: Don't be silly. We're alive.
Apheori (GM): So you're in front of a random corridor door about to open it?
Rhu: I suppose we should at least see what sort of death they have around in it.
around these parts*
Frezak (GM): Rhu, you want to open it while I stand in front?
Rhu: I'm hoping calm and peaceful, but I'll settle for terrible and ghastly as long as reality remains mostly stable
Gaurav: There aren't any windows in this corridor, right?
Ellemerr: It'd be cool if you suddenly met Death.
Apheori (GM): No windows. You seem to still be deep underground.
Gaurav: Does the corridor look like the one we walked through out of the well? Like, similar size, similar construction?
Frezak (GM): What, the carved wood thing?
Apheori (GM): Similar construction, but bigger.
Gaurav: And we don't obviously hear any sounds of, like, air pumps or anything, right?
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
Apheori (GM): The wood ain't carved the same, though. Now it's just geometric patterns.
Rhu walks up to the door and stands behind it, ready to open it when Gravy gives the signal.
Apheori (GM): You hear the odd... no, you don't hear anything.
Ellemerr: The odd sound of nothing.
Gaurav: Any distinctive smells?
Frezak (GM): YOU HEAR THE VOID
Spaaaaaace
Gaurav: Rhu's not smart enough to work this out, but being underground without any obvious ventilation system is probably pretty worrying
Anywho. I'm done investigating. Shall we go in this door?
Frezak (GM): Go for it.
Ganelon: I'm ready.
Frezak (GM): I'll stnad all be all invincible.
Rhu opens the door
Frezak (GM): BEHOLD, DEATH
Vashta Nerada!
Apheori (GM): It's dark.
You can't tell what's in it.
Gaurav: Definitely Vashta Narada.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Gaurav: Gravy: intimidate the darkness.
Frezak (GM): Luckily i'm so meaty, you'd have time to flee.
HAVE AT THEE, DARKNESS
Apheori (GM): Just shine your torches in or something. >.>
Ganelon: You would think that I might have some kind of light-producing thing on me.
The sphinx starts licking itself.
Frezak (GM): Yeah, someone point a torch.
Ganelon: You'd be wrong.
Rhu stays behind the door, giving Gravy and Radek "what's in there?" looks
The sphinx: You have a torch.
Frezak (GM): technically, a bomb makes light...
The sphinx: Er, ooc.
Ganelon: Also I think we all use two-handed weapons here.
Well, you have a shield.
Frezak (GM): Sure, but YOU can hold it one hand.
Apheori (GM): So tape a torch to it!
Frezak (GM): TAPE A TORCH TO MY HEAD.
Apheori (GM): This isn't Doom 3.
Rhu walks around the door and shines a light in
Gaurav: We could tape two torches to Gravy's horns
Frezak (GM): ANd scare deer!
Amadi snaps sharply at the sphinx, "If you've made your bed you will have to eat it." Then she tries to figure out stuff about the winged corpse-lady.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's full of shelves of boxes and papers. Looks like a storeroom of some kind.
The Gravedigger: DEATH
Ellemerr: I might need some sort of roll for that. I have no idea what. Or what I even want to find out.
Rhu: Huh.
Even worse: paperwork.
Can somebody check for traps before I step in here?
The Gravedigger: YES
Frezak (GM): I step into the room.
Ganelon: Sure, I'll try magic... traps.
Apheori (GM): You step on a corpse.
The Gravedigger: DEATH
Ganelon: Oh, there's the death.
Frezak (GM): I boot it.
Radek: Shut up about death already!
Apheori (GM): What does boot mean?
Frezak (GM): Kick.
Gaurav: We were promised death.
Apheori (GM): Ellemer: Roll something. I don't know what either.
Rhu kneels down and examines the corpse.
Apheori (GM): Pick a skill and eat it.
Ellemerr:
rolling 1d20
(
16
)
=
16
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check
(
16
)
+10
=
26
Apheori (GM): Gravy: When you kick the corpse, it slides across the floor and some bits fall off. It appears to be completely dessicated, with skin rendered papr-thin.
Rhu: THIS AIN'T NATURAL.
Gaurav: How so?
Frezak (GM): He was wampired?
Apheori (GM): Ellemer: What skill? Or is this a madness check?
Rhu: Tissue shouldn't be this thin. Nothing should be so loose. It's like a marionette or something, except it was a guy.
A GUY.
Frezak (GM): WAMPIRES
Ellemerr: Hell if I know. Arcana, to... I really don't know.
Rhu looks up at the other two
Rhu: Definitely a dude.
Rhu tugs at the paper-thin skin
The Gravedigger: I have never seen a corpse like that before.
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: You poke her with magic. It bounces.
Rhu: Maybe he just dried out in here? Wherever this is.
Ellemerr: Heeee!
Rhu: He might have been dead a long time. A really long time.
Amadi grins and does it again.
The Gravedigger: I dunno.
Radek: This isn't a result of just "drying out".
The Gravedigger: If he'd just died, he wouldn't be... dried out.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: This time it bounces back into her, as though she'd absorbed the spark.
Rhu shrugs
Frezak (GM): I'll check the room for anything else other than a corpse and papers.
Amadi blinks, gives the corpse a kitty-eyed look and tries again. Third time's the charm!
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 dungeoneering check to look for any obvious traps or other dungeon-related dangers in here
(
2
)
+5
=
7
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Just boxes and papers, an old mug, and some bits of glass.
Frezak (GM): MUG
Ellemerr: It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Frezak (GM): Didn't we want a mug for something?
Apheori (GM): You notice all the shelves are wood, though. That's different.
Ganelon: No, I had one from the rocket.
Frezak (GM): Craftsmanship on the shelves?
Ganelon: Only slightly damaged.
And I gave it to someone.
Frezak (GM): I will take this mug.
Apheori (GM): Shelves are carved like the corridor wood.
Rhu examines the papers
The Gravedigger: Hey, these shelves are fancy.
Apheori (GM): Frezak: There's a thick crust of dried something in the bottom of the mug.
Frezak (GM): I will leave the mug.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: When you poke the corpse again, its eyes open.
Gaurav: Does the corpse look old? Are there any obvious causes of death?
Apheori (GM): And the sphinx wanders over.
Gaurav: Our corpse, I mean.
Ellemerr: Is the corpse not on its back so that I can see this?
Frezak (GM): What is the dry corpse wearing?
Bear Soup Guy: STING MUSIC
GASPING SOUND
CLATTER OF A DROPPED SURGICAL INSTRUMENT
Apheori (GM): Your corpse looks fairly young, no obvious signs of death.
Amadi: Your corpse.. yeah, you see it.
Rhu: So: we're thinking this is some kind of storeroom. This guy was working here, or came in here to hide. And then he died?
Radek: But from what?
Amadi: Sorry to wake you. Did you dream sweetly?
Frezak (GM): Clothing on corpse?
Apheori (GM): The winged woman groans, and tries to focus on Amadi, but mostly just winds up staring at the ceiling.
Then the sphinx starts licking her.
Rhu: And the door was closed, but not locked. So maybe he wasn't hiding. Maybe it was sudden. Like a gas leak? Or something magical?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Clothing is some kind of robe.
Rhu looks over the papers in the storeroom
Frezak (GM): Does it look like anything we've seen about town?
Amadi: I don't usually do this, you know. That guy is much better at it. He's a keeper. Or a Keeper. Or both.
Frezak (GM): Like, say, the magic lady?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: They're reports. Inventory lists.
Etc.
Amadi points over her shoulder at Greibel.
Frezak (GM): And I want to see if the robe is... breaking down at all.
From age.
Greibel shifts uncomfortably
Rhu looks around for the most interesting looking papers -- anything with names and numbers on them -- and shoves a few into his backpack
Apheori (GM): The woman manages to focus, and tries to sit up by grabbing Amadi.
Amadi: Chess, I made something happen! Come here and deal with it!
Frezak (GM): What things are on these inventories?
Ellemerr: (that was to Greibel.)
Apheori (GM): Mostly rocks.
Gaurav: Do the reports have any headers? That might have information on who is compiling them, for whom they're intended, dates, times ...
Apheori (GM): Nope.
They've got configurations of dots.
Rhu: o.0
Apheori (GM): For headers.
Frezak (GM): Radek knows... sciency things.
Gaurav: Ah okay
Greibel walks over nervously
Frezak (GM): He might have seen it before?
Ganelon: Can't hurt to look.
Frezak (GM): Or a similar alphabetical alternative?
Fragment 17 finally manages to sit up, and looks at Amadi with some confusion.
Fragment 17: Who are you?
Ellemerr: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ganelon: Shall I roll a thing to make sense of dots?
Ellemerr: She is so pretty
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Amadi: We're her. Or used to be. Or are supposed to be. There's a lot of fragments.
Fragment 17: Her?
There are more of you?
Gaurav: I love how on the map, everybody around Fragment 17 looks really intense, and then there's Greibel having a quick smoke beside the other corpse.
Amadi: Did you dream?
Fragment 17 looks around.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Fragment 17: What is this place?
Frezak (GM): He's relaxing.
Fragment 17: What is... dream?
Frezak (GM): taking it eaaaasy.
Fragment 17: The word... it feels so familiar, but it only brings up visions of darkness...
Amadi: What will you remember?
Gaurav: Okay: we've examined the papers, examined the room, the shelves, and the corpse. I think it's time to keep truckin' down this corridor.
Frezak (GM): Agreed.
Amadi: Where is your key?
Frezak (GM): Same process with next door.
With lights taped to Gravy's horns.
Fragment 17: I don't understand.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Amadi looks slightly worried.
Amadi: Chess, deal!
Frezak (GM): I love that Greibel avatar.
Amadi hides behind Greibel.
Fragment 17 looks at Greibel.
Fragment 17: You look diffwerent.
Gaurav: I think that might be a fire hazard :-P I'm happy to step up to the door with the torch, given that both Radek and Gravy are standing behind me, weapons drawn.
Apheori (GM): These ain't fire torches.
They're flashlights, that's the word. Sort of.
Except not.
BECAUSE YOU'RE FUTURE ELVES.
Gaurav: Oh, right. Good point.
Greibel: (To the fragment) You look...familiar.
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Rhu: At the next door you find a room with a huge bathtub in the center. Nothing else in it.
Ganelon: Anyone feeling dirty?
Fragment 17: Who am I?
Frezak (GM): That looks bad.
Any smells?
Sounds?
Rhu: Huh.
Greibel: I've been calling you the Tank Girl, in my internal monologue
Apheori (GM): It smells stale, moist.
Frezak (GM): MOIST
Apheori (GM): There's a word for that but I forgot what it was.
Fragment 17: Tank girl?
Rhu: Moist?
How can anything be moist in here? Where would water get in here from?
Rhu tries the faucets on the bathtub, if there are any
Bear Soup Guy: MUSTY
Fragment 17 looks up at the tank for a long moment. "I was in there."
Amadi adds, helpfully and with some possessiveness, "You're not me!"
Fragment 17: I should think not. You're over there. I am... here.
Apheori (GM): Musty, yes.
Amadi: Well that never stopped them before.
Apheori (GM): There's water in the tub.
The sphinx: Hungry.
Frezak (GM): Clear water?
Anything else in the tub?
The sphinx: Stories.
Hungry.
Frezak (GM): LIKE A CORPSE?
Apheori (GM): Clear water, a little bit of residue from calcium separation or something, nothing in it.
Frezak (GM): huh.
What are the walls like?
Fragment 17: Stopped whom?
Rhu pokes at the water, then brings his fingers up to his nose, sniffs, then licks a drop of the water
Apheori (GM): Tiles.
Amadi pokes Greibel in the back. "You tell her."
Apheori (GM): It smells like sulfur.
Frezak (GM): SULFUR
THIS IS THE BATH OF HELL
Greibel: Ehrm...
Apheori (GM): It tastes like iron.
Greibel: Uhhh.....
The Gravedigger: I wouldn't have done that.
Fragment 17: (to Greibel) You don't know what she's talking about either, do you?
Rhu: It smells like sulphur and it tastes like iron. Whatever killed these people, it wasn't iron deprivation.
Radek: Some kind of chemical weapon, maybe?
Greibel: Well, I'm slowly piecing things together. /Very/ slowly.
Amadi sticks her tongue out at the not-her.
Greibel: But no.
The Gravedigger: Hmm.
Amadi: Well, you've got holes in you, too.
The Gravedigger: Looking like a self-contained facility.
No, radek,t hat's a bath.
Gaurav: Is the bathtub big enough for multiple people?
Radek sighs.
Frezak (GM): Harem bath!
Fragment 17 smiles slightly, then asks, "What are you doing here, then?
Fragment 17: I have holes?
Or does he?
Greibel: This world is crazy. There's holes in everything.
Fragment 17 looks at herself, realises she's all wet, and uses Greibel to pull herself upright.
Amadi: I don't think he does. Lucky.
Fragment 17: Are there any towels?
Amadi: Or unlucky. If we didn't have holes...
Amadi shudders.
Fragment 17: No, there are holes.
I think... I think that's why I awoke.
Radek: Let's just keep moving.
Amadi: You took my fancy light.
Frezak (GM): Yup.
Fragment 17: Can I give it back?
Amadi: It was full of words that weren't spoken.
Frezak (GM): Keep on doing the thing.
Rhu: Agreed.
Gaurav: Same routine on the next door?
Amadi: That's up to you, now, isn't it?
Apheori (GM): A moment. I'll be right back.
Gaurav: The thing must be kept on with.
Frezak (GM): NEVER STOP THINGING
Bear Soup Guy: THING EVERY DAY
Ellemerr: If Apheori returns and I seem absent, poke me on skype.
Apheori (GM): I'm back.
Gaurav: Back to thinging then.
Frezak (GM): Thingage!
Fragment 17 considers this for a moment, then asks, "Do I know the words?"
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Radek, Gravy: You search some more rooms. One of them has a huge pile of corpses and several broken chairs.
Gaurav: How huge?
Rhu examines the broken chairs
Apheori (GM): What, you want a volume?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): It's as high as Gravy is tall.
Frezak (GM): In litres.
Apheori (GM): I don't know maths.
So I can't tell you.
Frezak (GM): That's a big pile.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check on the chairs, with particular attention to whether there's any blood at the broken edges
(
18
)
+12
=
30
Frezak (GM): Is there.... some kind of claw on the ceiling?
Radek: Who would pile up corpses like this?
Frezak (GM): How big IS the door?
Gaurav: Ha, yes, height is fine. I just wanted to know if it was 5-6 corpses or a couple of dozen.
Apheori (GM): The chairs look like everything from office chairs to loveseats to bar stools. No two are the same type.
Ganelon: Is anything remarkable about the corpses?
Apheori (GM): It looks like they're all missing one leg.
Door is normal. Ceiling is normal.
The corpses are all either skeletons or dried like the other one.
Well, no, that's not right.
Some of them look like normal dried corpses.
The Gravedigger: How the hells did they get piled up like this?
Gaurav: For the dried corpses, are there any discernible patterns? Are they all young, all elven, all dressed similarly?
Apheori (GM): Mostly all wearing robes.
A lot of humans, some elves.
Also as a note about the fragment, she's supposed to have slightly lighter skin than Amadi and brown hair, but I was rushed making the picture.
Amadi: Even if you once did, I bet they would've all leaked out through those holes. If you know words, you should speak to the wordless.
Fragment 17: Well.
Rhu: This is a strange place.
Fragment 17: I have no idea what that means.
You are Amadi, yes?
The Gravedigger: Yep.
Rhu: There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the pileage. You'd think a bathtub would be a good place to dump a couple of corpses, but no. Instead someone piled them all up in this room, except for one who was left in the storeroom, or maybe died there.
Amadi lights up, looking amazed and suddenly very happy.
Fragment 17: And Greibel. Rasputin. Gezrau.
Rhu: Bah.
Amadi: Am I Amadi?
The Gravedigger: Any ideas on smart things to do here?
Fragment 17 looks to each as she says the name, ending with the sphinx.
Radek: If there was any consistency to the way they died, maybe.
Amadi: Oh hey, cheating!
Radek: But I can't see into the past.
Fragment 17: You... no.
But you look very much like her.
I... think.
Gaurav: Apheori: did you draw both Amadi and Frag17? How long did that take?
Fragment 17 looks over her shoulder, almost as if at something.
The Gravedigger: Might be interesting to find out where this is.
Apheori (GM): I drew Fern, turned the image into Amadi, turned that into the fragment.
Amadi sags back down, resting her forehead against Greibel's shoulder.
Gaurav: Apheori: nice!
Greibel looks around the room and at its various occupants completely dumbfounded
The Gravedigger: Like, some kind of... wooden space station.
Greibel pats Amadi on the other shoulder
Rhu: That would be pretty cool.
The Gravedigger: It's not underwater, since I don't hear stress.
Rhu: Do you think we might be in space? I thought we must be underground again, but ... well, I really hope we're still on that planet, because otherwise who knows what planet we've ended up at this time.
The Gravedigger: We'd hear machinery, surely?
Engines? Generator?
And I doubt that a space station would last long, if it's made of wood and not maintained.
Amadi talks to the fragment without raising her head, muffling the sound against Greibel's back. "Do you know what your name should've been if it hadn't been lost?"
Radek: You would be an idiot to make anything out of wood if it were supposed to withstand a vaccuum.
Not that I'm discounting the possibility.
The Gravedigger: Not if you had a ton of magic to get things working.
Radek: Why waste time with materials at all, then?
The Gravedigger: That woman earlier could teleport.
Fragment 17 looks back, then down as the sphinx rubs against her legs, as though oblivious.
The Gravedigger: Make it look fancy?
Fragment 17: No.
Radek: Magic can do that too.
It can do everything.
Frezak (GM): I want to take a light swing at some wooden wall and see if my shovel edge bites into it like wood.
Amadi: Me neither.
The Gravedigger: Maybe the magic goes towards structural integrity if they don't have the materials to withstand the void.
Rhu: What if the whole place caves in?
The Gravedigger: It's.. unlikely?
I don't hear any stress.
Radek: I would be able to tell if this place was being held together by magic.
Apheori (GM): The shovel goes into the wood and hits stone behind the panelling.
Rhu: If we could find some sort of ventilation duct, it might lead "outside", wherever "outside" is. We could send Radek's robot through the duct and get a report back to us.
Ganelon: (He would say this even if it weren't true)
The Gravedigger: Have you tried?
Ganelon: Sure, I'll roll an Arcana.
rolling 1d20+11
(
9
)
+11
=
20
Apheori (GM): It ain't held together with it as far as you can tell, but there seem to be points of magic, especially in the intersections.
Gaurav: Intersections?
Apheori (GM): Doorways, corridor crossings.
There's one up ahead, if you left the room.
Radek: Well, there's magic alright, but it's not everywhere.
Frezak (GM): Are the doors just normal hinged wooden doors?
Radek: It's all focused on these doorways.
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Rhu: Huh. Magic couldn't have piled all these bodies up in this way, could it? By itself, I mean. You'd still need someone to wield the magic and make it do this.
Amadi: (to Greibel) You have a fancy back.
Radek: Not necessarily. Suppose we threw bodies into the teleporter one after the other.
Amadi: Did you want me to speak to any of the other dead ones?
Radek: Naturally, they would end up in a pile.
The Gravedigger: Could you make a... magical Artificial Intelligence?
Fragment 17 dries herself off with a word and starts wandering around the room, poking at desks and equipment.
Ganelon: That seems like a "Ask the DM" question.
Greibel: Uhm....
Ganelon: Do magic AIs exist?
The Gravedigger: Magic that casts magic?
Greibel: If you can?
Gaurav: None of the bodies have any kind of identification, right? What about distinctive necklaces or earrings? Letters on their cloaks? Clothing tags?
Greibel: Be a shame to leave them dead...
Rhu: Radek: Ooh, good point. Especially if the destination were a trap.
Amadi: Do you have all the words you ought to? How are your eyes?
Apheori (GM): Radek would be familiar with them as an example of a really bad idea. They can be made to work, but it's generally a lot easier to just use technology for the framework and only fill in the rest with magic.
Greibel: My eyes are fine. I eat plenty of carrots.
Apheori (GM): Purely magical ones tend to go... horribly wrong.
Radek: A purely magical AI?
It's been done. It's universally considered to be a mistake.
Rhu: I wonder if we put something on the teleport and hit one of the trap buttons, people end up in one of these rooms.
Fragment 17 looks back to Amadi and Greibel quizically.
Radek: They're unstable, yes.
The Gravedigger: Mistake?
As in going crazy?
and,say, killing the occupants with magic?
And putting them in piles?
For example?
Amadi pokes Greibel's back experimentally before crapping over to the golem-"corpse" without getting up.
Radek: I suppose. I'm still not ruling this out as some kind of teleporter accident, though.
Apheori (GM): (None have specifically done that, but it could be possible.)
Greibel twinges oddly at the poke
The porridge jiggles.
Bear Soup Guy: PORRIDGE AVATAR WHAT
Apheori (GM): XD
The Gravedigger: Would a teleporter make people dry out like this?
Amadi: (to golem) Hello.
Apheori (GM): The golem does nothing.
Gaurav: That is a fantastic porridge avatar.
Frezak (GM): That looks like a flan?
Radek: Did you feel particularly "dried out" on your arrival here?
Amadi: Were you ever even alive?
Apheori (GM): I'd like to see you find a good picture of congealed porridge.
Rhu: Let's keep investigating. If we're out of doors, we'll have to go back to the transporter, but I hope one of them will lead outside.
Amadi: You don't seem like a wordy person.
The Gravedigger: No.
But Mr Mousie's bones got rearranged.
Apheori (GM): Amadi: You sense the answer is, in a way, no. And, in a way, yes.
You also sense that the words were there, but now aren't.
Amadi flings some magic unspoken words at the golem.
Amadi:
rolling 1d20
(
5
)
=
5
Gaurav: http://cloverfreak.deviantart.com/art/Evil-Porridge-155073135
Apheori (GM): The words bounce off the golem with sparks.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Amadi: Well, that was pretty.
The Gravedigger: While ours haven't.... yet.
Rhu: Maybe it only works one way. You can teleport here any time you like, but when you try to teleport out ...
Radek: I can say with some certainty that your bones are not liable to be compromised on our way out.
Gaurav: This is genuinely what I imagine Rasputin looks like, down to the sickly yellow colour: http://happinessstanlives.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/img_1639.jpg?w=1200
Apheori (GM): Aside from the colour, yes.
Gaurav: Have you looked inside all the rooms?
we*
Ganelon: Yeah, any more weird corpse stuff going on?
Amadi turns to Greibel to explain: "It's not a word-person. Not like Dave." She pauses, pondering. "No, that's not it, either. Dawn, maybe? Anyway, this is... not wordy. Not now."
Amadi: What do you think, Dawn? Breakfast? Wingy?
Apheori (GM): Nothing weirdly corpsey anywhere else. Some skeletons in an office.
Some more storrooms, one entirely full of rocks.
You think you hear voices down the next corridor.
Frezak (GM): Examine rocks?
Apheori (GM): Also most of the lights are actually on here.
Frezak (GM): VOICES?
Apheori (GM): The rocks are... lots of different kinds.
Voices maybe.
Frezak (GM): Any interesting properties to the rocks?
Fragment 17: Did you put Dawn in the dishwasher?
What is Dawn?
Frezak (GM): like, god for fuel, magnetic, or anthing more special.
Fragment 17: I mean...
Gaurav: Voices!
Amadi: You're Dawn. You might be. You're early, aren't you?
You're not quite Dave, at any rate.
Ganelon: Stealth.
Gaurav: Anybody want to stealth ahead and try to eavesdrop on any conversations?
Ganelon: ...Yeah.
Apheori (GM): A couple are slightly magnetic, there are a lot of porous ones, some shiny ones.
Frezak (GM): Don't ask me to stealth.
Ganelon: Mine's 1.
Frezak (GM): I'm at... -2.
Gaurav: My stealth is +3
haha
I'll try, then.
Fragment 17: And Dave is...?
Frezak (GM): GOOD LUCK
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+3 stealth check to tiptoe down the corridor and try to listen in on the voices
(
7
)
+3
=
10
Frezak (GM): You'll need it.
Oh dear.
Amadi: You're really full of holes, you know?
Amadi steps up to investigate the fat corpse.
Greibel: Does Dave have holes?
Apheori (GM): What's a passive perception check?
Gaurav: 10+perception modified
Frezak (GM): >.>
Gaurav: it's as if you rolled a 10 on your d20
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You hear someone in the corridor.
Greibel gets quiet
Ellemerr: I'll attempt something magical at this corpse as well.
rolling 1d20
(
9
)
=
9
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+10 perception check on the corridor
(
5
)
+10
=
15
Apheori (GM): Ellemerr: It explodes.
Frezak (GM): AWESOME
DO IT AGAIN
Apheori (GM): Corpse bits fly everywhere, but they all bounce off you.
Ellemerr: EW
Bear Soup Guy: WOOO!
Gaurav: Ooof
Ellemerr: Oh good.
Greibel dives down, not having seen the explosion and assuming weapons
Amadi: ... I made holes.
Fragment 17 tiptoes up to Amadi. "What did you do that for?"
Amadi giggles.
Amadi: I just wanted to give him words. Everyone deserves words. I don't think he liked them.
Apheori (GM): So you all are probably more down here.
Frezak (GM): hah!
Apheori (GM): And Rhu is like over there.
And there's a door.
Ganelon: So, did we hear an explosion?
Apheori (GM): Big door.
Double door.
Gaurav: Closed?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
And voices.
Frezak (GM): I KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAN OPEN DOORS
Gaurav: Do I recognize the voices?
Apheori (GM): Nope.
They sound like women.
That's all you can tell for sure.
Roll insight or something.
Rhu motions Radek and Gravy over, signing that there are voices coming from through the door
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 insight check
(
5
)
+5
=
10
Apheori (GM): You probabky heard the explosion.
Frezak (GM): I'll creep closer and use Gravy ears.
rolling 1D20+20
(
16
)
+20
=
36
Fragment 17: The dead give up their words, I think.
Apheori (GM): You hear the fragment.
Greibel: He gave up a lot more than words
Rhu does a "knock?" gesture behind the door, asking the others if they should knock or just barge through like they've been doing for the other doors
Greibel wipes corpse bits off his torso
Amadi: I'm not sure we can do that.
Fragment 17: Are we dead?
Ganelon: I say we break in.
Amadi: Are we alive?
Ganelon: Dramatically.
Frezak (GM): AYE
Fragment 17: That would be the alternative question.
Frezak (GM): Do the doors open towards us or outwards?
Amadi takes a comb out of somewhere and starts brushing her hair.
Rhu nods, and steps up to the door and grabs hold of the handle, ready to pull on it when Gravy is ready
Apheori (GM): Outwards.
Frezak (GM): THen I could just charge 'em open, right?
WE EXAMINE THE HINGES CAREFULLY
Fragment 17 checks her pockets and finds them empty.
Gaurav: Oh right hinges
Apheori (GM): They look like hinges.
Apparently designed to keep things in, rather than out.
Frezak (GM): I'll make sure everyone is ready.
Fragment 17: Do you know where my things are?
Radek nods at Gravy.
Gaurav: so the door opens inwards? or outwards?
Frezak (GM): And charge when Rhu opens a door.
Amadi: Have you tried reaching for them?
Gaurav: inwards would make more sense if they expected to keep people in?
Fragment 17 reaches into the air experimentally.
Rhu nods at Gravy and Radek, and then
Rhu PULLS
The Gravedigger CHARGES
The Gravedigger: HELLO DEATH
Ganelon: MAN DOWN
The sphinx pounces at the Gravedigger.
The Gravedigger: I AM YOUR- oh, hey Greibel.
AAAGH, CAT
EVAC, EVAC!
Greibel: Oh, hi...
Welcome to the BODY ROOM
Apheori (GM): Gravy: There's a cat stuck to you.
Rhu steps quickly around the corner
Frezak (GM): I'll shake it off.
Rhu: Huh?
Greibel: Except well...the bodies are exploded, alive, or abandoned now
Apheori (GM): You'll need to roll.
Rhu: Oh wow.
Frezak (GM): Okay, endurance Vs Fort.
rolling 1D20+9
(
15
)
+9
=
24
Fragment 17 pulls a staff out of the air.
Frezak (GM): That would shake off a Gnoll.
Fragment 17 points it at the newcomers.
Radek: I was starting to wonder if we had the right address.
Apheori (GM): Cats are a lot lighter.
Than gnolls.
Ganelon: Oh, he couldn't lift a gnoll.
But he could un-grab himself.
Amadi fights with a particularly persistent knot in her hair.
Apheori (GM): And that fails to shake off the cat, though now it's dangling by a claw looking very upset.
Rhu: This is an awesome room. I am so glad we had a chance to visit this room.
Mrs. Teatime!
Frezak (GM): I'll lift it to head height.
The Gravedigger: Let go.
Fragment 17 sees how unconcerned Amadi looks and lowers the staff.
Fragment 17 then looks at it more closely, like where the hell did this come from?
Amadi disappears.
Radek: Now this looks interesting...
Gaurav: Have we ever seen Amadi look concerned yet?
Radek: Hey, drug addict, what have you been doing in here?
Gaurav: I think there was a moment while she was alone with Greibel last game
The sphinx falls off.
Rhu: Hi, Devourer. How's it going?
The Gravedigger: More dead people!
Greibel: Resurrecting dead people, apparently
Not bad for a drug addict, I say
The Gravedigger: You can do that?
Wow.
Rhu: Dead people are definitely a theme in this place.
Radek: No, but I know him.
Fragment 17: (to Greibel) Excuse me, are these friends of yours?
Greibel: Oh, everyone, meet....uh....Dave
Fragment 17: Dave?
Greibel: Dave, these are my friend, Gravy, Radek and Rhu
Rhu waves at Dave
Greibel: They're all very nice, except for Radek
Rhu tries to talk to the sphinx again
Fragment 17: Hello.
Do you know what this place is?
The Gravedigger: Full of dead people?
There's tons of death about.
The sphinx watches Rhu.
Fragment 17: Are you dead?
Rhu: We should name it. I like the Corspocalypse myself.
Or the Catacombs.
Oooh, papers.
The Gravedigger: The Coffin!
Full of dead people and made of wood!
Rhu examines the papers on the table
Rhu: ... that works really well actually
Greibel: Coffins aren't really "full of" dead people though.
Fragment 17: I don't think this place is supposed to be a coffin.
Though perhaps it has become a tomb.
Rhu: Oh, there's piles of them about. Piles. There's a room we can refer you to if you want to see them. Also there's a bathtub.
Greibel: Now see, listen to that
Apheori (GM): Bathtub seems like something Amadi would have fun with.
Greibel: Coffins don't have bathtubs, silly
Rhu: We think it might be a teleporter malfunction. Live person gets it, zap, dead person falls out in the storeroom.
The Gravedigger: You haven't seen super fancy coffins, Greibel.
Some of them have televisions.
Greibel pauses in amazement
Radek: Oh yes, it would be a shame if we weren't trying at all possible times to further accelerate the brain decay of our corpses.
Gaurav: Once we're done figuring this place out, our next adventure should be a trip to a coffin expo.
Ganelon: What are the papers about?
Amadi: Can you have pictures in death, if it is devoid of words?
Amadi appears inside the "empty" tank again.
Greibel: Well that is just an excellent question
Apheori (GM): The papers are research notes, grant requests, and other things. They seem to explain why this lab was created.
But then the sphinx sits on them.
Rhu: Excuse me.
Rhu tries to move one of the sphinx's paws so he can look at the papers again
Fragment 17: I think... death is empty. There isn't anything.
If we're dead and dreaming, then we're not really dead.
What is dead?
Rhu: A pile of bodies is pretty dead, I think.
The sphinx hisses at Rhu and then jumps at his face, clawing and biting.
Rhu tries to move the sphinx's paw again.
The Gravedigger: Dead is when your bits stop working.
Rhu: AAAAAA
The Gravedigger: HEY, CAT.
GET OFF RHU.
Fragment 17: My bits... are not working.
Rhu: Is that an attack against reflex or AC?
Gaurav: oops
Amadi: They're really not.
Fragment 17: Reflex.
Gaurav: Roll the attack then.
Fragment 17:
rolling 1d20 + 11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Gaurav: oof
He hits me square in the face.
What's the damage?
Fragment 17:
rolling 1d8 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
Apheori (GM): Sorry.
Frezak (GM): Good lord.
Apheori (GM): But that.
Gaurav: Any effects? Otherwise, it's probably easiest if Rhu falls over backwards and is prone
Fragment 17: You have a sphinx attached to your face.
Apheori (GM): Dammit, wrong character.
Gaurav: haha yes apart from that :-P
Apheori (GM): I guess that's grabbed, but not to much effect because sphinxes are small?
Bear Soup Guy: Although that line does fit the character
The Gravedigger: Get off my friend, cat!
Apheori (GM): So no real effect.
Fragment 17: Ghezrau! No.
Fragment 17 points at the sphinx.
Fragment 17: Get down.
Amadi: It's hungry.
Ganelon: Frezak and I ruled that if you're grabbing a creature significantly larger than yourself, it should either be slowed and take you along with it when it moves, or if it's even bigger, the same without being slowed.
The Gravedigger: Oh, hey, Sandwich Lady.
Fragment 17: Of course it's hungry. It's been trapped for an unending lifetime.
Ganelon: Because it's silly to think you could hold a giant in place, but you could still hold on.
Gaurav: He's not that small, he's, what, 3-4 ft high at the shoulder? I have this written down somewhere.
The sphinx slowly lets go and drops to the floor.
The sphinx: It glares at Rhu.
Dammit.
Apheori (GM): Er, ooc.
Rhu: (to sphinx) Easy, easy.
Amadi climbs out of the tank and saunters over to not-Dave-either.
Apheori (GM): Naw, it's a small sphinx. More like 2-3ft tall.
The sphinx hisses, then grins.
Amadi: Story.
Ganelon: I would like to discern what the research being conducted here was about, while these people are off being silly.
And/or attacked by cats.
Rhu looks at Amadi, then at the sphinx
Rhu: Is that what you want? A story?
Amadi: Hungry.
Gaurav: Is that Amadi or the sphinx?
Ellemerr: Amadi.
The sphinx: Hungry.
Ellemerr: THAT is the sphinx.
Greibel rubs his stomach
Fragment 17: Hungry?
Greibel: Hungry
Gaurav: Okay.
Rhu: Okay.
Um.
The Gravedigger: I have some deerbits?
Rhu tells the sphinx a story about the god Ganesha, how he was created and the first war he fought.
Amadi sits down cross-legged, watching Rhu intently as he talks.
Apheori (GM): Radek: While the sphinx is distracted, you go through the notes. Apparently they were researching an assortment of rifts that had been opening up on several planes. They collected some of what had come through here.
Rhu finishes his story
Rhu: (to sphinx) How was that?
The sphinx: God rats are good eating.
Rhu: Ah. Hm. Okay.
But if you want another story, you'll ask me? And not just jump on my face? That's not really very helpful.
The sphinx was also swaying to the story.
The sphinx stopped when it ended.
The sphinx now just stares at Rhu, then bares another huge unsettling grin.
Ganelon: I'll take the notes.
This seems incredibly relevant.
Rhu: Um. Okay. Great. Good talk.
Fragment 17 strokes the Sphinx absent-mindedly.
Rhu gets up
Rhu: (to Fragment 17) Sorry, you are ... Dave?
Amadi: Could've been. Maybe. I'm not Amadi, either.
Fragment 17: I suppose?
Rhu: He seems to like you. He came back from the City of the Dead with me.
Any ... how to avoid sphinxes jumping on your face advice?
Fragment 17 whispers 'Dave', testing how it sounds.
The Gravedigger: Wear a mask?
Helmet?
Rhu: Just don't travel with a sphinx, maybe.
The Gravedigger: Put it in a box?
Radek: Invisible wards.
The Gravedigger: BURY IT?
Radek: They always do the trick.
The Gravedigger: Boxes are cheaper.
Rhu: What are those?
Fragment 17: Respect the sphinx. Don't try to force it.
They don't like that.
Would you?
The Gravedigger: Like a box, but expensive and then you see an angry cat.
Greibel: He's not angry, he's just grumpy
The Gravedigger: You would if you looked.
Amadi: Cats are words. Full of words. Sphinxes, more so.
Greibel reaches down to pat the sphinx's head
Fragment 17 picks up the sphinx and hugs it.
The Gravedigger: He'd be angry if he was in a box.
Rhu: I guess not? But ... I can trust Greibel and Gravy and Radek to not get distracted while we're fighting something. I don't want to be stuck with an assassin in front of me and an angry sphinx behind me.
Fragment 17: But you are so fluffy and adorable, aren't you?
Radek: Really? You trust Greibel not to get distracted?
Rhu smiles
Rhu: He is pretty adorable for a savage weapon of death.
Amadi: So
So's the shovel.
Rhu: More or less. I'm less certain that he won't turn into a flock of seagulls and just sit there, but I don't think he's going to suddenly turn on me mid-initiative
The Gravedigger: My shovel isn't a weapon of death.
Technically it's a tool of post-death.
Rhu suddenly realizes that we never took the torches off Gravy's horns
Greibel: Pish posh
The Gravedigger: And a dealer of death on the side.
Rhu: Do you want to take those off?
The Gravedigger: Huh?
Greibel: In combat I'd much more likely turn into a bear and just sit there
The Gravedigger: OHHHH
RIIIIIGHT.
The Gravedigger takes off the torches.
Rhu: They suit you thought
The Gravedigger: Couldn't you turn to pigeons and distract people?
Amadi "aaaaaws" with the saddest expression at Gravy's removal of the light.
The Gravedigger: I'm better at being hit.
It's for the better, sandwich lady. The glue makes them itch.
Greibel: But bears are great at not being turned to soup
The Gravedigger: A valuable talent?
Amadi mutters sadly, "You were like a christmas tree. All about the waiting. I wanted a present."
Rhu: (to Greibel) did you come in through the same door we did? Or the other one?
Fragment 17: Aren't you the present?
No, that's not right.
Greibel: Errrrm
Fragment 17: This is terrible. So much almost remembering. So little truth.
Greibel: I came in through...oh dear.
Amadi: Labyrinth. There was a shrine. You should all pray. It may or may not be helpful later.
The Gravedigger: Pray?
Rhu looks confused
Radek: Sensible man.
Rhu: We should pray ... now? Here?
The Gravedigger: I don't pray.
Greibel: You've prayed in more precarious situations than this
The Gravedigger: I've seen countless dead people that prayed.
Amadi: No, silly, at the shrine!
Greibel: (to Rhu)
The Gravedigger: They still ended up in the dirt.
Next to the ones that didn't.
Rhu: Everything dies. It is the dead end Hazz'ridan has in store for us all.
Which shrine, Mrs. Teatime?
Fragment 17 places a hand on Rhu's forehead.
Amadi: The one in the labyrinth. Hazz's ways are all blind, you know? Nothing but a blind way.
Rhu: Er.
Yes
?
Fragment 17: You're like a beacon.
Amadi: Don't poke out your eyes. It's a terrible idea.
Fragment 17: A beacon of dead ends.
The Gravedigger: Labyrinth?
We could just go back down the hall.
Rhu: We don't know where the corridor we were in goes. I don't -- waitaminute.
(to Greibel and Amadi) How did you two get here? Where did you teleport in from?
Amadi: I got in through there.
Amadi points at the empty tank.
Greibel: I got in from the hallway
Rhu: So you teleported into the tank?
Amadi: No. I awoke there. Because he's here.
He's a keeper, you know? Wouldn't wake up anywhere else. Would be silly.
Rhu: Greibel?
Amadi: Chess.
Rhu: No, sorry, I don't play chess.
The Gravedigger: I do.
It's relaxing.
I'm rubbish at it, though.
Fragment 17 heals Rhu somehow and removes her hand.
Gaurav: oooo
Fragment 17 then proceeds to stare at her hand wondering what it just did.
Radek: ...Say, is that what I think it is?
Ganelon: (Warforged)
Rhu looks confused. He reaches up and touches the sphinx scratches on his his head, and is even more confused when there isn't any injury there.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, you'd know of them as something that's... mostly common in games, frankly. They're extremely rare.
Gaurav: Games?
Apheori (GM): Videogames.
Gaurav: Oh o.0 That's meta.
Apheori (GM): They're not native to the known worlds, at any rate, but stories made it back and they often wound up in games because who doesn't like hulking construct-like humanoids?
Gaurav: Terrible people, that's who.
Ganelon: Well damn.
That's more interesting to Radek than the babbling of these two clones.
Bear Soup Guy nods
Bear Soup Guy: This world's Michael Bay and J.J. Abrams probably collaborated on a film series about them too
Ganelon: Most things classify as babbling to him.
Gaurav: hahaha
(From Amadi): Do I know videogames, or is that knowledge stuck in another fragment?
Gaurav: "This summer ... a warforged back from the Great War faces the ultimate challenge ... being a nanny to four impossible children."
Bear Soup Guy: XD XD XD
Frezak (GM): And the children are Were-Maggots.
Gaurav: I bet they got an elf to play the warforged
Bear Soup Guy: Most likely
(To Amadi): You totally know videogames. Probably. If you want to.
(To Amadi): But would you know any of these? Perhaps not.
(From Amadi): That fits. Thanks.
Radek: This is a Warforged!
The Gravedigger: A what?
Radek: They're... ugh, of course you wouldn't know.
Rhu: Dave?
Fragment 17: What?
The Gravedigger: What?
Frezak (GM): So Radek plays videogames?
Bear Soup Guy: "Of COURSE you wouldn't know. You didn't play the Japanese import version of War Machines: Full Metal Himanoid. Philistines."
Humanoid even
Frezak (GM): Full Metal Philistines.
Ganelon: Plays, played, or he has a legitimate academic interest in the things.
I mean, he IS an artificer. They're the ones who made the Warforged.
At least in normal 4E.
Apheori (GM): Radek can be familiar with what inspired the games, too.
Well, they're not normal where you all are from.
That's the problem, and why they took off with such a fascination in all those games.
But that would explain why he'd care, too.
Radek: They're... sentient golems.
Rhu: You mean, like in those computer games? Dave's ... a robot?
Bear Soup Guy: :O
Amadi perks up. "Computer games?"
Rhu: o.0
Rhu looks at Dave, then looks back at Radek
Fragment 17 shrugs, looking confused.
Bear Soup Guy: brb
Fragment 17: Oh, I think... he's talking abou the... thing over there.
Fragment 17 points.
Ganelon: So what's up with this one? Is it dead?
Rhu: OH! My bad.
Apheori (GM): Dead or similar.
Rhu wanders over and peers down at the warforged, then wanders back to the table to look at more papers
Apheori (GM): Like all its magic got dispersed, if that's even possible.
Amadi pokes Rhu.
Amadi: What computer games?
Radek: This one's just a shell, though...
Fragment 17: Am I a robot?
Fragment 17 holds up a hand and looks at it oddly.
Ganelon: Could I put a soul in it, assuming I had one?
Amadi: No. You have words in a completely different way than robots. You could've been -in- a robot, I suppose...
Apheori (GM): If that's how they work, then sure?
Ganelon: It serves a purpose equivalent to their brain.
Fragment 17: In?
Ganelon: My point still stands.
Frezak (GM): Normally Warforged are made with artificial souls.
I mean it might have one already in it.
Rhu: (to Amadi) Have you ever played Total War: Passerine? You can lead entire armies of warforged! They're like, robots. Well, sentient golems. I guess.
Amadi: I have... played... uhm.
I think I like the Path?
Frezak (GM): Last time I read about that, there was a warforged thinking he was a little boy and wearing bits of skin on his face because he thought the he had his face on wrong, because why else did he not look like the other people?
Gaurav: How does one procure a soul?
Can we use Mr. Mousie's?
Ganelon: Well, apparently this one is empty.
Of magic, and presumably a soul.
(To Amadi): They should use a soul tomato.
Frezak (GM): YES
RAVE
YOU ARE A GENIUS
(From Amadi): Should I tell them? xD
(To Amadi): It'd fit. If you want?
Gaurav: It'll all end in tears. But there'll be a heck of a lot of laughter right before then.
(To Amadi): Since that's totally from a videogame and everything!
Apheori (GM): Do you have any way to collect an already dead mouse soul and transfer it?
Ganelon: You'll have to tell me that.
I won't make assumptions about how souls work.
Apheori (GM): You're the artificier.
Amadi eyes Radek and the warforged. "So... that thing is from a game... or the game is from that? And Grumpy is trying to make it work?"
Ganelon: Well, that sounds to me like a rather specific kind of tool to be carrying around, so if magic alone can't do it?
Apheori (GM): Let's say mouse souls loiter about the body until they disperse.
Ganelon: I'd have to be a bit more prepared.
Rhu: Who knows. He's pretty good at machines, though, is Radek. He's probably going to fashion a gun out of its arm or something.
Frezak (GM): STOP ARGUING AND DO THIS
Rhu: We are in a lab.
Amadi: He should use a soul tomato.
Amadi nods sagely.
Gaurav: Maybe they have a little CPR machine somewhere.
Radek: Anyone have a soul they want to volunteer?
The Gravedigger: A what?
Radek: I could try to get this thing online with one.
Rhu: Soap?
I think I still have a bar in my backpack somewhere ...
Radek: ...No, Rhu. A soul.
Rhu: o.0
The Gravedigger thrusts the corpse of Mr.Mousie at Radek.
The Gravedigger: HERE.
Fragment 17 holds up a ball of light above her hand.
The Gravedigger: BRING BACK MR MOUSIE.
Fragment 17: What.
Radek: ...A mouse, huh.
Apheori (GM): Then the light goes out and she just looks confused.
Bear Soup Guy: I RETURNED AND CAUGHT UP
The Gravedigger: No.
It's Mr.Mousie.
Apheori (GM): And I guess her name is Dave, so...
Rhu: (to Fragment 17) ... err, did you just make a ball of light?
Fragment 17 is now Dave.
Rhu: ... with your hands?
Radek: Well, can't hurt to try.
Dave: I don't know.
Did I?
Ganelon: First, I want to make sure this body is in working condition, minus the magic.
Rhu: Show me your hands.
Dave holds out the non-sphinx-encmbered hand.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check on Dave's hands to see if I notice any burns or anything odd
(
19
)
+10
=
29
Ganelon: Because it would be pretty rude to put a soul into a paralyzed or otherwise non-functioning body.
Amadi looks interested over Radek's shoulder.
Gaurav: Yes okay THAT i roll a 19 for
Apheori (GM): Aye.
Frezak (GM): SINCE WHEN IS RADEK CARING ABOUT BEING RUDE?
Ganelon: He won't get results if the body can't move!
This is also true.
Gaurav: It's a machine. Radek is very polite to machines.
Ganelon: He likes machines more than you guys.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The hand looks perfect. Slightly disconcertingly so.
Rhu: (to Dave) Has anybody ever told you you have perfect hands?
Like, *perfect* hands.
Something's not right here.
How did you get here, anyway?
Dave: I don't recall that anyone has ever told me anything.
I...
I don't know.
Greibel: I sort of pulled a lever on one of those consoles and she fell out of a tank
Dave: I think I was in a tank. The first thing I remember was her *gestures toward Amadi* leaning over me...
Greibel: And then Amadi....did Amadi things and she woke up
Dave: Oh.
Amadi things.
Amadi: I gave her unspoken words.
Greibel: I don't try to explain them. We're just along for the ride.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
15
)
+11
=
26
Apheori (GM): Radek: Roll technical or something.
Amadi looks incredibly proud of herself.
Rhu: Unspoken words? Is that, like, magic?
Dave: What ride?
Greibel gestures around the room
Apheori (GM): Gan: Seems fine. Some odd damage to the head.
Greibel: The most thrilling roller coaster in the universe
Apheori (GM): But all the parts should function.
Amadi: I guess it's like magic in that tomatoes are like strawberries, minus the antlers?
Ganelon: Okay.
Greibel: You're thinking of deer, dear.
The sphinx purrs.
Ganelon: I will attempt to put the mouse's soul...
In this battle-ready golem body.
Amadi: ... Well at least I'm thinking.
Frezak (GM): WHOOO
Rhu: They're not the same thing. A tomato is a botanical berry, but a strawberry is an aggregate accessory fruit.
Amadi keeps looking satisfied with herself.
Rhu: I read that on the internet.
Greibel: That's the spirit!
Dave: The internet has been known to lie.
Amadi: It is known.
Dave: Is it?
Okay. Good.
The Gravedigger: I uh.... move dirt around?
Ganelon: Three arcana thingies?
The Gravedigger: Sorry, felt like I should contribute something.
Apheori (GM): Gan: Roll three thingies!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
11
)
+11
=
22
rolling 1d20+11
(
2
)
+11
=
13
rolling 1d20+11
(
9
)
+11
=
20
Uh oh.
Apheori (GM): Sure!
Amadi: Did he find any soul tomatoes? Is he doing computer games?
Rhu: Oh, is he doing something?
The Gravedigger: He's helping Mr Mousie!
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
11
)
+11
=
22
Apheori (GM): Radek: It may or may not have worked. Roll another.
Amadi is still pretty interested in whatever Radek is doing despite conversing with Rhu and not-Dave.
Rhu: With a sentient gollem?
Radek: You raise a good point, actually!
Apheori (GM): You think it worked, but now it's just sitting there.
The Gravedigger: It's not sentient yet!
Radek: We don't classify animals as sentient, so really, we can't call this golem one either.
But it should have worked.
Dave wanders over to look at it as well.
The Gravedigger: Hey! Mr Mousie was really smart!
Radek: I'm... hrm. I'm not sure why it isn't moving.
Dave: The tree-speaker could speak to it.
Rhu gives up on making any sense of the papers, picks up a handful of interesting-looking ones, and shoves them into his backpack. Then he wanders over to the tanks.
Ganelon: I already got a bunch of the papers.
Seemed like research on holes.
The Gravedigger pokes the warforged.
Ganelon: The kind we're after.
The Gravedigger: Mr Mousie?
Radek grumbles.
Amadi leans further over Radek's shoulder for a better look. Then she suddenly topples and falls on him. "To... mato..." she mutters, before giving up a sleeping sound and disappearing.
Dave: Does she always do that?
Ellemerr: This was fun. Treat Dave well. I'll read later. Sweet nightmares.
Apheori (GM): Dream well.
Poor Dave.
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Ellemerr
Radek: Yes. Always.
Gaurav: Byeeeeee!
Sleep well!
Greibel: I wonder where she goes when she isn't with us.
The Gravedigger: To bed?
Greibel: Well, you got me there
Dave: Do you do that?
Greibel: Go to bed? Almost every day.
Radek: Bah.
Rhu: She appeared in one of these tanks just now, and said she'd done it before.
Radek: Sleeping is such a waste of time.
Rhu: I don't know if that means anything.
Greibel: Oh, she was here before.
Ganelon: I have time for one.
Apheori (GM): Is there time for an encounter?
Greibel: She was in the tank and then she left, and then she came back in the tank again.
I think she likes the tank a lot.
Frezak (GM): I do.
Bear Soup Guy: Yep
Frezak (GM): I HEREBY NAME YOU HIPPIE AND GRUMP
UNTIL 0 HP DO YOU PART
Gaurav: Hehe
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Gaurav: I have to leave in 25 mins, so ... maybe?
Apheori (GM): Frezak: Can you get me some stats for the warforged by any chance?
Because it's about to flip out and attack Radek.
Frezak (GM): uh
yeah
Apheori (GM): *kitty eyes*
Frezak (GM): How tough?
Ganelon: Don't give her ideas.
Gaurav: Today is a day for being attacked by animals we love
At least Rasputin is reliable
Apheori (GM): It ain't solo.
Greibel strokes Rasputin
Gaurav: I gotta run for a sec, but I'll be back in 5 mins
Apheori (GM): There will be four other baddies and Dave may put the sphinx down, so it can't be too tough. >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dear
It's those skellingtons, ain't it?
Apheori (GM): Maybe.
Bear Soup Guy: I love it when skellingtons just suddenly become alive ^_^
Frezak (GM): Sneding.
It's an L2 elite, so it's tough but not massively.
Gaurav: "put the sphinx down"?
Frezak (GM): That's like "throwing down the gauntlet" ?
Ganelon: One of each.
Gaurav: more huggy skelingtons!
Bear Soup Guy: Someone remind me again while we're waiting
Ganelon: Standard, move, minor.
Bear Soup Guy: How many actions of which type per turn?
Ganelon: You can turn a standard into a move and a move into a minor.
So, until I took a certain feat for example, Radek reloading his weapon was a minor.
Yes.
Gaurav: Plus, we all have one action point each at this point (I think?) which lets you do one more standard action in your turn
Ganelon: He could fire it, reload, and then move.
Or he could skip moving to toss a healing thing at someone.
Frezak (GM): I think Rhu swears his oath as a minor and Greibel changes shape as a minor.
Bear Soup Guy: Yep
I also have, uh
Verdant Bounty?
Ganelon: Oh, I remember that one being cool.
Bear Soup Guy: Wait, that's a utility power
Ganelon: What's it do again?
Bear Soup Guy: Oh it gives us all +5 stealth
Frezak (GM): Wow.
that's great.
Gaurav: Damn.
Frezak (GM): Since we're super bad at stealth.
Bear Soup Guy: By covering us with inconspicuous plantlife
Frezak (GM): QUICKLY
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah
Frezak (GM): COVER YOURSELF WITH THESE LEAVES
Bear Soup Guy: NO ONE WILL NOTICE
Frezak (GM): WE SHALL BE BUSHES IN PLAIN SIGHT
Gaurav: "Hey, where did those guys go? And where did those potted plants come from?"
To be fair, we're fighting skelingtons. They literally don't have a brain.
Bear Soup Guy: True
Frezak (GM): The Warforged does.
Gaurav: Also, back when Rhu wandered over to the tanks, he was going to go examine the skellingtons instead, and I'm so glad he didn't.
Bear Soup Guy: re-animated skellingtons are definitely a desired outcome
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh bloody hell, I've forgotten proneness, combat advantage and marking too
This is actually going to be the first combat I'm involved in since our practice session
Gaurav: don't stress about it
Frezak (GM): Oh, yeah.
We have a great combo, don't we?
With the wolves?
Ganelon: You do.
Apheori (GM): Dumbarse of a computer.
Sorry.
Trying to download it.
Gaurav: almost everything is a +2 one way or another. Prone: people get a +2 to melee you, -2 to shoot you from a distance. Combat advantage: when someone is flanked, opponents get a +2 against them. Marking: usually the marker gets to make an opportunity attack if the markee shoots someone except the person who marked them, but it can vary. Unless you're makring, you don't need to worry about it.
Ganelon: Well, marks also mean a -2 to attacks that don't include the marker.
Gaurav: Since I have to go in 10 mins, feel free to come up with a reason for getting Rhu out of the fight -- maybe he fell into a tank and fell unconscious? Or he stepped out into the hallway and the door locked behind him? I don't mind missing an encounter, and we have Dave to make up for me.
Frezak (GM): Well, maybe we should run it next time.
Apheori (GM): Ghah, sorry.
Frezak (GM): I could talk with Names about making it a balanced encounter.
Numbers and all that.
Apheori (GM): Hee.
Gaurav: Names, Numbers and all that
Ellemerr: What, are you going to make it so that I can join the combat? You are so cruel.
Gaurav: sounds like a sitcom
Frezak (GM): Mathemagics.
Gaurav: hahaha
Frezak (GM): You CAN. Don't HAVE to.
Apheori (GM): Unless someone else wants to cover for Gaurav.
Frezak (GM): I don't have anyone's sheets but mine and the merr's.
Gaurav: My sheet is ... complicated
Doesn't Dave have a sheet?
Apheori (GM): She does. It's rather depressing
.
Gaurav: My sheet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19429772/dnd-skype/Rhu.pdf
Hers is probably easier to understand than mine.
Apheori (GM): I can understand hers. >.>
Gaurav: Another option: class ends at 4:45pm MT (1.5 hours from now). I could be back online within 5-10 mins of that.
Bear Soup Guy: I could be here at that time
Frezak (GM): I... could do that.
Gaurav: I wish I could sit at the back and play in class, but ... there's like seven people in this class. It'd be pretty obvious.
Frezak (GM): It'd be... 1 in the morning, though.
So I could do the encounter then slouch off.
THis is a hideous sheet.
Gaurav: It's cheap.
There's only about four powers in there, though: maybe if Frezak has half an hour to peruse it, he can figure out how to play Rhu and then you guys could start in 30 mins instead of 90?
The salient details are:
Avenger
Censure of Pursuit
Gaurav: Training: acrobatics, heal, perception, religion
Feats:
- Invigorating Pursuit (+2 AC, +2 damage until end of next turn when you hit your oath of enmity target with a damage roll)
- (at level 2) Improved Armor of Faith (+1 bonus to AC)
Gaurav: At-will powers:
- Bond of Retribution
- Radiant Vengeance
(-) Might want to switch to Bond of Pursuit at some point?
Encounter:
Gaurav: - Whirlwind Charge
Daily:
- Renewing Strike
Utility:
Gaurav: - Resonant Escape
The sheet should already have all the +s to AC added in. You really only need to remember the Invigorating Pursuit and the powers.
Apheori (GM): Hrrngh I need proper skeletons. >.<
Ellemerr: You have an hour of Frezak to sort it out, don't you?
Frezak (GM): The best kind of hour.
Gaurav: Heh. Okay, class time! I'll be back in 1.5 hours or slightly earlier to finish what we started here.
If somebody could please drop me an e-mail if we're NOT playing then, I'd really appreciate it --> gaurav@ggvaidya.com
(you can also find me on Facebook with that e-mail address if you are so inclined)
see you later today or Tuesday!
Bear Soup Guy: Adios gaur!
Ellemerr: Dream well.
Apheori (GM): Rigt.
h
Gaurav: HULLO
Frezak (GM): HELLO
Apheori (GM): AHAHAH.
Ganelon: Hey.
Gaurav: o.0
Bear Soup Guy: Sadistic laugh!
Apheori (GM): I mean, Ahah.
Gaurav: so
Frezak (GM): So!
Gaurav: A needle pulling thread
Let's do this
There are skellingtons to unskelling.
Bear Soup Guy: a ton of skellings
Frezak (GM): All the skelling.
Apheori (GM): Right, so.
Frezak (GM): BUCKETS
Gaurav: And then I can go and eat delicious food and be extraordinarily productive for the next 4 hours until movie time
Apheori (GM): So what's Radek doing?
Frezak (GM): Being poked by Gravy.
Until he raises Cybermouse.
Bear Soup Guy: Who shall then bring on the cheesepocalypse
Frezak (GM): Rodentolypse.
Ganelon: What's he doing?
He's probably looking at the inactive body of this here rodent 'bot.
Frezak (GM): And being prodded now and then.
Bear Soup Guy: Maybe he forgot to release the handbrake
Gaurav: mousebrake
Frezak (GM): RELEASE THE MANDRAKE
Apheori (GM): Radek: Do something.
Frezak (GM): Reroute power!
The limbic system is superfluous!
It doesn't need the aetheric dampeners either.
Ganelon: Does inspecting the body count?
Frezak (GM): And the Gnosis Engine isn't even plugged in.
Come on, man.
DO SCIENCE
Apheori (GM): It starts twitching.
Radek: Ahah!
The Gravedigger: Mr MOUSIE
The sphinx jumps down and sits on it.
The Gravedigger: Hey!
You get off Mr Mousie!
The sphinx rolls off the mouseforged and starts sliding around the floor on its back.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check on these tanks while those people do strange terrible things
(
3
)
+12
=
15
"mouseforged" HA perfect
Apheori (GM): http://25.media.tumblr.com/9297925c9a2f35c96cf092ec337ff268/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo5_400.gif
LIKE SO.
Frezak came up with that. Mouseforged.
Gaurav: Apheori: your database of cat gifs is frightening
Apheori (GM): Someome made a post full of them.
Ganelon: You would think the wings might get in the way.
Apheori (GM): And i just thought SPHINX.
It uses the wings to move.
Gaurav: Do you have a link to that post?
Apheori (GM): Well, move more.
Your perception discerns that they're all the same size and Gravy wouldn't fit in one.
Gaurav: I can believe that. A study in the UK found that tying a bell around a cat's neck made no difference to its ability to hunt. Cats are frightening creatures.
No hints of what the tanks might have been originally intended for, or what they're intended for here?
Apheori (GM): http://lionsilverwolf.tumblr.com/post/59177122258/cageyshick05-221cbakerstreet
The Gravedigger: Come on, Mr Mousie!
Apheori (GM): They're there to hold things!
The Gravedigger: You can do it!
Radek: It might take some time for him to comprehend bipedal movement.
Or, really, anything else about this new body.
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged roars and starts flailing about.
The Gravedigger: Calm down, Mr Mousie!
The Gravedigger makes soothing mouse noises*
Apheori (GM): It bounces a bit away.
Then it stops and starts to get up.
And then falls over.
Frezak (GM): I'll try to help it up.
Rhu walks back to the group
Rhu: So this is a sentient gollem, then?
Radek: Only if you consider a mouse sentient.
Apheori (GM): Gravy gets it onto its feet. It stands there swaying for a moment, and then swings at him.
The sphinx, meanwhile, flips out and runs away.
The Gravedigger: Hey!
Bad Mousie!
Rhu: (to Dave, re: the sphinx) Do you think he's okay?
Dave: Is this not normal behaviour?
Radek: Well, ah...
Rhu: I don't kn-- what the?
Apheori (GM): Sorry, icons are hard.
Radek: They're built for combat, but aren't necessarily motivated to attack people.
Gaurav: The flamey one was fun.
Rhu: Oh, hey, you got the robot working.
Radek: Of course I did.
Apheori (GM): You hear groaning.
Gaurav: From where?
Apheori (GM): The dead bloated elf is suddenly getting up too.
The Gravedigger: This looks bad.
SHOVEL TIME
Rhu: Er ...
Apheori (GM): The the sphinx runs away from something... back toward the mouse.
Greibel: Ummm
The Gravedigger: HAVE AT THEE, MONSTER
Greibel: They're with you, right Dave?
Apheori (GM): Initiative everyone.
Dave: With?
I'm afraid I have no idea what's going on.
Rhu:
rolling d20+3
(
16
)
+3
=
19
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+1
(
17
)
+1
=
18
Ganelon: I think...
Yeah, these tokens are using outdated health stuff.
Frezak (GM): 9
Ganelon: Or at least mine is. It should be level 2.
rolling 1d20+1
(
3
)
+1
=
4
Greibel: You have to change your token's thingies, I think
Ganelon: I tried. It won't save.
Greibel: O_o
Frezak (GM): You have full permissions.
Dave:
rolling 1d20 +1
(
9
)
+1
=
10
Bear Soup Guy: Permitted to KICK ASS
Ganelon: I'm tellin' you.
It's stuck on 23.
There we go.
Apheori (GM): How do you figure out what something's initiative bonus is?
Frezak (GM): Dex mod + 1/2 level.
Ganelon: Monster stats should have it near the top.
Otherwise, that.
Frezak (GM): Also that.
Gaurav: Do I need to do something to add myself to the turn order?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20-1
(
2
)
-1
=
1
Ganelon: No, that's on the DM.
Gaurav: cool, thanks!
Frezak (GM): Actually, there's a macro for you do it yourself.
Bear Soup Guy: Mouse golem is clearly disoriented
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
20
)
+8
=
28
rolling 1d20 + 7
(
16
)
+7
=
23
Bear Soup Guy: And the sphinx is cool as the other side of the pillow, awwww yeah
Gaurav: lightning-fast reflexes
Apheori (GM): Dude, you have no idea.
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
7
)
+4
=
11
rolling 1d20 + 4
(
13
)
+4
=
17
Gaurav: Cat goes first
Frezak (GM): CAT
INVOKE THE DARK GODS
Bear Soup Guy: as it should be
Apheori (GM): Oh gods.
The cat runs away.
Frezak (GM): Thanks, cat.
Apheori (GM): Next.
Oh.
Mousie.
Rhu gives Devourer a disappointed look
Bear Soup Guy: "You had such promise! You were the chosen one!"
Frezak (GM): Mousie!
Help me defeat these abominations!
USE SCIENCE TO DEFEND NATURE
Apheori (GM): Mouseforged attacks Gravy.
Frezak (GM): nooooooooooooo
Gaurav: >.<
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 +8 vs ac
(
15
)
+8
=
23
Frezak (GM): oh, yeah.
I only have 20 AC.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
Frezak (GM): ow
Apheori (GM): Then it runs away too.
Gaurav: Like cat like mouse
Frezak (GM): What kind of move?
Apheori (GM): Flailing.
Frezak (GM): Is it a shift?
Apheori (GM): No.
Frezak (GM): Then I WILL STRIKE IT DOWN
rolling 1D20+9
(
4
)
+9
=
13
VS AC
Or... not.
Apheori (GM): Miss.
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Apheori (GM): It's now with the sphinx.
Rhu: Okay. On the plus side, everything seems to be running away from us.
Ganelon: Do your ridiculous anti-undead thing!
Apheori (GM): Wait, how do auras work, again?
Ganelon: If you're in it, it is affecting you.
If it applies a thing, that thing is applied at the start of your turn.
So you could run past a guy with an aura that's like "do 5 damage" and not be hurt.
Apheori (GM): Tosh.
Ganelon: But I'm pretty sure if it's like "you get a penalty to attacks", that applies right away.
Is that correct?
Frezak (GM): It specifies in the aura when it applies.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Rhu: Gan: I think I should hold on to my encounter powers until we know which are the most powerful foes here.
Frezak (GM): Zombies tend to have more HP.
Typically.
Being meatier.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh, quick question
Frezak (GM): Maybe go solo the skeleton behind the desk?
Bear Soup Guy: With encounter powers, is it each encounter power can only be used once per, or only one of any encounter power?
Frezak (GM): Each.
Gaurav: Gah. I didn't see the skeleton behind us.
Ganelon: Each one, only once.
Bear Soup Guy: Right-o cool
Ganelon: And yes, saving encounter powers is potentially a good tactical decision.
Unless you're a monk.
Frezak (GM): What are the requirements for you to get your oath reroll, Rhu?
Ganelon: The gates of battle wait for no man.
Frezak (GM): Or Kobold.
Gaurav: As far as I know, I can't switch oath targets until my oath target reaches 0 HP
Frezak (GM): But what are the conditions for it to be useful?
It's something about isolation.
Can't recall if it's no other allies, or no other enemies.
Apheori (GM): How do you get health bars?
Gaurav: no other enemies
Frezak (GM): You go into the monster properties and add the second number next to it.
Then go for the guy beinhd the desk.
Ganelon: The token needs a max health value as well as a current.
Apheori (GM): Monster properties?
Gaurav: if I melee my oath target while there is no other enemy next to me, I can roll two attack dies and use either result
Ganelon: If you want us to see it too, then you need to make sure "show" is on.
Token properties.
Frezak (GM): Token properties.
Apheori (GM): How do you get to it?
Ganelon: Click on a token and then the gear.
Apheori (GM): Ah. >.<
Gaurav: I thought you normally only know enemy's "bloodied" status? getting their actual HP would help our strategy a LOT.
which would make the encounter less fun imo
Frezak (GM): Nah, we don't get to know that.
Apheori (GM): What are green and blue?
Ganelon: Well, an HP bar is measured in percentages.
Whatever you want, miss.
Gaurav: oh I see, its not visible to us
cool
Ganelon: And also.
Frezak (GM): You put what you like for whatever colour.
Ganelon: They don't need to have us see the bar.
I've done GM stuff in this interface too and you can make the bars only visible to you.
Frezak (GM): I tend to use a red bar for HP, blue number is monster XP value, green is AP (if any)
Apheori (GM): Okay.
RHU. DO STUFF.
Gaurav: Aye aye cap'n
Move: 3 squares
Actually, make that four squares
Frezak (GM): TEAM
GANK
SLAY!
Gaurav: hahahaha
Frezak (GM): MURRRRRDER
Gaurav: is this a flank?
Frezak (GM): Nope.
Flank is having someone on the opposite side
Gaurav: Minor: Oath of Enmity against the corpulent elf
Rhu: Fuck you, elf.
Frezak (GM): That's some oath :P
Gaurav: Standard: I lift up my maul and attack the elf with the Bond of Retribution
Bear Soup Guy: I might be a minute, my neighbor is here wanting me to do some stupid thing
Frezak (GM): KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Bear Soup Guy: KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Frezak (GM): KILL THE NEIGHBOUR
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 Wisdom vs AC
(
17
)
+5
=
22
Gaurav: KILL THE WABBIT
er
neighbour
Apheori (GM): Hits.
Gaurav: Coulda rerolled it if it hadn't :)
Frezak (GM): KILL WABBIT NEIGHBOUR
Gaurav:
rolling 2d6+4 radiant damage
(
2
+
5
)
+4
=
11
Frezak (GM): RADIANT
Delicious.
Apheori (GM): You hurt it.
Gaurav: the first time an enemy other than the elf hits or misses me BEFORE the end of my next turn, the target takes +2 radiant damage
Apheori (GM): What's the emphasis on before for?
Gaurav: just to remind me of when it expires
Frezak (GM): Because it's important.
Gaurav: "end" is more important than "before" in that sentence, I guess
okay, I'm done
Apheori (GM): Is Rob back?
Frezak (GM): Oh, yeah. BSG has a name, too.
Gaurav: Oh, in case I forget, I also gain a bonus if my oath target (the elf) moves away from me willingly
Frezak (GM): niice
Gaurav: OH also
Frezak (GM): Avengers, man.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay sorry, I'm back
Gaurav: every time I hit my oath target, I get AC +2 and damage +2 until the end of my next turn
whee!
Frezak (GM): Man.
Ganelon: So there's where all the strikerness comes from.
Apheori (GM): Pity the sphinx started out freaked out.
It could totally have countered that.
Frezak (GM): So, what can Greibel do?
Gaurav: SAVE THE DAY
Bear Soup Guy: I'm thinking I'll move down a couple squares and range attack some skellingtons?
or move right
Frezak (GM): Don't you have that dicky firehawk thing?
Gaurav: "dicky firehawk"?
Bear Soup Guy: I do have that dicky firehawk thing
Frezak (GM): DICKBIRD OF FLAME
What's your other at-will?
Ganelon: Okay, imagine a hawk made of fire.
Frezak (GM): It's a flaming winged penis.
Bear Soup Guy: and I also have Fairie Fire which can fuck some enemies up
Ganelon: And it's the most despicable jerk you've ever known.
Gaurav: o.0
Ganelon: That's the Firehawk.
Gaurav: Do you have any area attacks? It'd be great to hit either corner with that
Frezak (GM): Can you slow things?
Gaurav: Or if you can set up a defensive barrier
Bear Soup Guy: I have so many attacks
Let me see
Gaurav: Is BSG's character sheet online somewhere?
Bear Soup Guy: Firehawk and Thorn Whip are range 10 at will
Frezak (GM): Yeah, bring out the bird.
Hurt something!
Bear Soup Guy: HURT
Frezak (GM): PAIn
FLAME
GAME
Gaurav: Wait.
Bear Soup Guy: MOVING THREE SQUARES
Gaurav: I don't think you should move right in between two sets of enemies
Bear Soup Guy: Well that's a good point
Frezak (GM): The mouseforged is fleeing.
Or, was.
Ganelon: No, it's flailing.
Gaurav: Right, but we're blocking its path to the door somewhat. It might panic and run the other way.
Frezak (GM): It's a mouse.
It's really no smart.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, now I'm here and protected by sciency tanks that totally won't blow up when I fling a fire bird past them
Frezak (GM): It might try to hide under a table.
Totes.
Trust teh tanks.
Gaurav: oooh
that'll be fun
Frezak (GM): DICKFIREBIRD
Bear Soup Guy: RIGHT
So
rolling 1d20+5 I think
(
16
)
+5
=
21
Apheori (GM): Excellent point.
Whazzat do?
Bear Soup Guy: It's to check for a hit I think
Frezak (GM): IT BURNS
ALSO DICKS.
Apheori (GM): Against what?
Gaurav: It should say something like "Wisdom vs AC"
Bear Soup Guy: Oh right
Ganelon: Did you pick a target?
Bear Soup Guy: The skellington standing above the other one
Apheori (GM): Mr. Headless.
It hits.
Gaurav: heh. "The skellington dancing right instead of left"
Bear Soup Guy: indeed
Ganelon: Man, I'll bet he uses the firehawk to light his smokes, too.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY HIT
=D
rolling 1d8+4
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Oh bollocks
And it's uh...wisdom vs. reflex
Frezak (GM): You hit, that's the important thing.
Bear Soup Guy: YAY HIT
Gaurav: Yeah, 5 isn't bad
Bear Soup Guy: Okay and I have that other secondary attack
Ganelon: Now he can make the same attack again if the target does anything that would provoke an opportunity attack.
Frezak (GM): So, if it makes a non-shift move or a ranged attack, he gets to firebird it again.
Bear Soup Guy: http://gyazo.com/033ab9766f613f6a99bd3a9d54e8e095
Ah okay cool
And I don't have any minors other than turning into an animal, unless we all need +5 stealth for some reason
Gaurav: Don't ranged attacks only give you an opportunity attack if you're standing next to it?
Frezak (GM): Yep.
But the bid sort of counts as a creature next to the target.
Except you can't attack it.
Bear Soup Guy: the opp is ranged too also
if that means anything
Frezak (GM): Because it's a flying, flaming dick.
Apheori (GM): A shift is one square, right?
Frezak (GM): yep.
Apheori (GM): Done, then?
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, that should do for that turn
Apheori (GM): So it moves, so you get an attack.
Frezak (GM): Flaaaames
Bear Soup Guy: Wheeeeeeeeeeee
rolling 1d20+5 vs. reflex (that IS relevant, right?)
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Frezak (GM): Gah!
Bear Soup Guy: NOOOOOOOOOOO
Frezak (GM): GET BETTER DICKBIRDFLAMES
Bear Soup Guy: They need dickbirdflame cialis
Apheori (GM): You wrecked your bird. >.<
Gaurav: Greibel would have launched this second attack when the skeleton started moving, right?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
18
)
+6
=
24
Frezak (GM): aaaagh
doom skeletons!
Apheori (GM): Er, that was +5, not 6. vs fortitude.
Gaurav: Oh, but if the bird is separate from him, then launching a ranged attack won't give the skeleton a +2 anyway. Never mind.
Bear Soup Guy: that's a hit
Gaurav: vs *fortitude*?! yikes.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2
(
3
)
+2
=
5
5 damage and pushed back a square.
Frezak (GM): oof
BLUDGERS
Gaurav: What is that attack called? It looks like fun. And by fun I mean "ow".
Apheori (GM): Forward the Line
Gaurav: nice
Frezak (GM): IT LOOKS LIKE PAIN
Bear Soup Guy: It's quick bracing
quite rather
Apheori (GM): So other skeleton moves up to Greibel and tries to stab him.
rolling 1d20 + 6 vs ac
(
6
)
+6
=
12
Bear Soup Guy: Miss
Gaurav: yay!
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): Nimble drug dodge.
go with the flowwwww
Apheori (GM): Dave blasts the skeletons with fuck if she knows what.
Gaurav: Wait. What's Dave's AC like?
Can she get into people's faces or does she need to hang back?
Apheori (GM): She doesn't know.
Neither do you.
Gaurav: ah, fun
oh well, one way to find out!
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
2
)
+8
=
10
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
4
)
+8
=
12
Ganelon: Well, unless she's a monk or vampire, odds are the lack armor means her AC is pretty bad.
Apheori (GM): She misses both.
Ganelon: Lack of armor.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, her armour's probably still in the box.
Gravy.
You're up.
Gaurav: So it looks like Skellington The Third is going to sneak in and attack Radek and Dave before they can respond. Which is fine, as long as Rhu, Gravy and Greibel can keep the others out of the central area.
Frezak (GM): Greibel dodge.
http://flakypastry.runningwithpencils.com/comic.php?strip_id=379
Ganelon: I'm pretty okay in close quarters.
Frezak (GM): OKAY.
Gaurav: Frezak: hahaHA
Ganelon: For a guy who uses a long-range rifle, at least.
Frezak (GM): I sould go run help Greibel?
I'm best at standing in the thick of things.
Gaurav: If you're sure the cat and the mouse are just going to sit in the corner, then that's totally fine. Otherwise, we might want to hold the line here.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, I think the stuff up there is probably more pressing than the lowly skellingtons
Frezak (GM): Right-o.
I'll mark the zomble.
And then bring forth the Weight Of Earth.
rolling 1D20+7
(
6
)
+7
=
13
VS AC.
gorram.
Frezak (GM): Apparently the earth isn't that weighty.
Apheori (GM): So close.
Gaurav: this is an at-will, right?
Frezak (GM): yup
It just slows.
Gaurav: I can let you re-roll an attack against my oath target, but only once per encounter
Frezak (GM): Nah, not worth it.
The important thing is the Mark.
Turn over.
So it has -2 to attacks that don't include me.
Apheori (GM): The other skeleton tries to climb over the desk.
It doesn't work. It falls on the ground on the other side.
Gaurav: ha HA
Apheori (GM): Radek.
Bear Soup Guy: Silly skeleton
Ganelon: Hm.
Gaurav: is the skeleton prone?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
This icon?
Frezak (GM): OOOOH
yes
Ganelon: What do you guys think?
Gaurav: What are the two icons on the elf? Which one is the Mark?
Frezak (GM): BOunce the skelly off Greibel.
Apheori (GM): Heart is mark.
Frezak (GM): Swords seemed oath-y
Ganelon: Okay then.
Gaurav: do you have area attacks?
Ganelon: Nah, that's not a very leader-y thing to do.
I have attacks that buff people, heals, and can hit stuff from ridiculous ranges if need be.
Frezak (GM): Thunderise the stoner.
With Rhu, we have this guy locked down.
Ganelon: I also have the eyebot which basically just gives you damage for doing damage.
Okay.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
9
)
+5+1+0
=
15
It's that against fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Works.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5 Force
(
1
)
+5
=
6
That much Greibel gets a +1 to his AC until the end of my next turn, and the skelly gets pushed 1.
Gaurav: How's your HP? You could move between Dave and Greibel so they can keep you safe from opportunity attacks.
Ganelon: In this case push him down 1.
Thanks.
Gaurav: nice!
Ganelon: Radek actually has respectable AC.
He can take a hit.
Gaurav: sweet.
Ganelon: So I'll sit here.
And end turn.
Apheori (GM): Hiding behind the unarmoured lass?
Frezak (GM): COME GET SOME, ZOMBIE.
Ganelon: Hiding?
The prone skelly can't stand and attack in the same turn.
Apheori (GM): Zombie tries to slam Gravy.
Ganelon: Either it's got a -2 to hit her or she's totally safe.
Gaurav: If things get bad, we'll need Radek alive so he can keep us alive. We don't knw if Dave can help us there yet.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
10
)
+6
=
16
vs ac
Frezak (GM): Nope.
I mock it's feeble attempt.
The Gravedigger: Thbrrrrrt
Apheori (GM): Zombie emits a horrible smell.
Rhu: Ugh.
Frezak (GM): SMELLL
AAGH
Apheori (GM): All of you next to it can now take a -2 penalty to attack rolls because of the horrible smell.
Frezak (GM): ew
Bear Soup Guy: Insidious!
Gaurav: Save ends?
Frezak (GM): Sounds like an aura 1, since it didn't roll.
Apheori (GM): That.
Gaurav: Hm.
Apheori (GM): But it might go away again. It wasn't an issue before.
Frezak (GM): Hmm.
Gaurav: Cat and mouse time.
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Cat walks past a bunch of things.
Problem is I'm not sure how this works.
Basically it's going to trip everything it passes - what would determine if it works?
Frezak (GM): It'd have to make an attack.
Unless you just decide that it can't be evaded/resisted.
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Gaurav: Couldn't the things it passes make opportunity attacks on it as it goes by?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Gaurav: Do opportunity attacks during movement end the move?
Ganelon: No.
Frezak (GM): Nah.
Ganelon: Only Fighters can do that.
Frezak (GM): That.
Well, and me.
Since my oppie prones.
Gaurav: WOAH
nice
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
2
)
+10
=
12
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
4
)
+10
=
14
So zombie and mouseforged both saved.
How does the zombie oppotunity attack?
Halp.
Is an opportunity attack just a normal attack?
Frezak (GM): It's a power with a circle around the icon
For him, it's Slam.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6 vs ac on the sphinx...
(
12
)
+6
=
18
Okay, sphinx continues., weaving through everyone's legs.
Gravy: Do you want to attack the sphinx?
Frezak (GM): Yes.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Same question.
Gaurav: Yes.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Apheori (GM): Great. Opportunity attacks from both of you.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9-2
(
1
)
+9-2
=
8
VS AC
gah!
Gaurav: That's just a basic weapon melee attack, right?
Frezak (GM): I'm so bad.
Yes.
Gaurav:
rolling d20+3 vs AC
(
13
)
+3
=
16
Frezak (GM): and -2 from stench.
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Gaurav: ah yes that too
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10
(
15
)
+10
=
25
Frezak (GM): uh-oh.
Apheori (GM): vs reflex on gravy
Frezak (GM): *thud*
Gaurav: woah
what just happened?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 10 vs reflex on Rhu
(
14
)
+10
=
24
Sphinx tripped him.
Gaurav: ha, not even close
am I tripped too?
Apheori (GM): Yes.
Gaurav: too bad Devourer didn't trip the elf too
Frezak (GM): This cat is nothing but pain.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx will now sit on the proned skeleton's face.
And... uh... grin at Geibel.
Rhu: Hey, Dave! Can you get that crazy cat under control?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
11
)
+5
=
16
The Gravedigger: This cat is getting very upsetting.
Apheori (GM): But the grin has no effect on Greibel.
Rhu: He seems scared. This is not a good time to be scared, though.
Dave: What just happened?
The Gravedigger: That cat is trying to get us killed, that's what.
Apheori (GM): Mouseforged will... run up to the zombie and attack it.
Gaurav: Would the trip count as a "hit or miss"?
Frezak (GM): Um.
Probably.
Gaurav: I think not, since I assume hit or miss implies a damage roll
Frezak (GM): No, hit or miss is an attack roll.
Gaurav: on the other hand, we need all the help we can get
okay, then
the sphinx gets +2 radiant damage
Frezak (GM): Hah!
Apheori (GM): It may kill you some day.
Gaurav: because of my bond of retribution against the elf
Frezak (GM): I might try and kill IT before it kills us all.
Ganelon: We could attempt to trick it with explosives.
Frezak (GM): Shh, you.
Gaurav: strictly speaking, the attack came from my previous attack, not from me.
but I don't suppose the cat cares for such subtleties
Frezak (GM): Actually... wrap the bomb in a storybook.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8 vs ac on zombie...
(
12
)
+8
=
20
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 4
(
4
)
+4
=
8
Gaurav: Yay!
Frezak (GM): And i'll hit what's left with a shovel until it stops moving.
Apheori (GM): Rhu.
Frezak (GM): STAND UP AND KILL THIS THING
Rhu: Okay, so: should I focus on the zombie or double back and help with the skellingtons?
Frezak (GM): Kill this.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm planning to use my daily on the skellingtons
Frezak (GM): Hey, you get a flank with Mousie.
Rhu: okay. but not yet time for encounter attacks yet, right?
Bear Soup Guy: Which will either be piss weak or soul-shattering
Frezak (GM): Sure, use Encounter powers.
Rhu: are you sure? that was a very weak attack from it last time. I think the skellintons are going to be more challenging. And Hazz'ridan help us if we can't control the cat.
Apheori (GM): With flanks, do things need to be allies?
Gaurav: Standing up is ... a minor?
Frezak (GM): Nope, thing just needs to be an enemy of your target.
Move action to stand.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: I can dream.
Move action: stand up.
Standard action: Abjure Undead
this only works if this guy is undead btw
Apheori (GM): This is what the cat did with everyone's legs, incidentally. http://31.media.tumblr.com/649a146c2b13764bd9af9af575962275/tumblr_mrsany0Umc1rsjozoo1_400.gif
Gaurav: Fancy.
Apheori (GM): And no, I swear I am not trying to incorporate the entire gifset into this.
It's undead.
Whatsit
?
Gaurav:
rolling d20+5 wisdom vs will
(
8
)
+5
=
13
-2 for stench, +2 for flank, I think?
Apheori (GM): Don't hit.
Ganelon: Reroll it!
Frezak (GM): OATH POWA
Gaurav: I can't do a free reroll, since that's only for melee attacks. I can spend my encounter power which lets any of us reroll against my oath of enmity.
Frezak (GM): damn.
Ganelon: Well, this is a big hitting power, no?
Gaurav: ordinarily, I'd say, yea, because this attack is really good (3d10). But! It works half-damage on fails. (3d10/2 should be good enoguh, right?)
Frezak (GM): Yeah, save the reroll.
Gaurav: excellent
so on miss, I do half damage and pull the target 1 square
rolling 3d10+4 half damage
(
3
+
6
+
3
)
+4
=
16
+2 damage from invigorating pursuit
Frezak (GM): oh, wow!
Apheori (GM): It's dead.
Frezak (GM): splat!
Gaurav: hehehehehe
god I love this power
AAAAAND i still have a minor left
who should I oath of enmity now?
I don't want to oath the cat
Apheori (GM): Bahahah.
No, you really don't.
Frezak (GM): Not yet.
Ganelon: I'm tempted to say "the cat just so it knows what's up", but yeah.
Apheori (GM): It WILL kill you.
...unless it doesn't.
Frezak (GM): I'd just be happy with it fucking us up.
Or... not fucking us up.
That would also be nice.
Gaurav: Can I set up the minor on a trigger? Like, can I say I invoke it on the next skeleton to attack any of us?
okay wait hang on
Ganelon: Nah, that would take a standard.
Gaurav: I did 10 damage to the elf
Ganelon: But if you do it to the next skeleton in the initiative order, that's nearly the same.
Gaurav: not 14. you have to take half of that.
not 16* (half + 2)
Apheori (GM): Hmph.
Frezak (GM): And another 5.
because radiant.
Apheori (GM): HOW MUCH DAMAGE WAS IT?
Frezak (GM): 10 radiant.
Gaurav: oh?
Frezak (GM): It should have vulnerable.. 5.
Gaurav: 10 radiant confirmed
Frezak (GM): So end damage would be 15.
Apheori (GM): What.
Half of ten?
Or ten after it's half?
Or half of 15?
Frezak (GM): Ten after it was halved.
Apheori (GM): Ten total?
Including vulnerability
Gaurav: I rolled 16 radiant damage. Half of that is 8. Then I added a +2 because of other effects. So 10 radiant damage.
Apheori (GM): ?
Frezak (GM): 15 total, including vulnerability.
Gaurav: I don't know about vulnerability.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
It's still alive, then.
Frezak (GM): Crud.
Gaurav: And I still have a minor.
Should I spend an action point and finish him?
Ganelon: We should be okay.
Frezak (GM): save it
Gaurav: Okay. Then I'll skip my minor. End of turn.
Apheori (GM): Greibel!
Bear Soup Guy: Okay!
Questions again (sorry)
http://gyazo.com/6f720919b620cb58764ce35b0797713f on this, am I right in assuming that if I cast this at one of those skellingtons, it will hit the other because it's within one, and also, if it does hit both, do I roll attack versus their will for each of them or just roll one and compare it to both?
Or not even roll it for the one getting the area effect
Frezak (GM): You roll one attack per target.
the area you target is a 3X3 zone with a center within 10 squares of you.
so you can do this
Bear Soup Guy: I WILL DO THIS
Ah, thank you disembodies box drawer!
Gaurav: once anybody uses a daily, we'll want to take a rest to recharge them, but that's probably a good idea at this point anyway
Bear Soup Guy: I figure we get into combat so little that it's probably not a huge deal to use it at this point
Ganelon: Too true.
Bear Soup Guy: Right, okay
rolling 1d20+5 vs will of skellington on the right
(
14
)
+5
=
19
rolling 1d20+5 vs will of skellinton on the left
(
12
)
+5
=
17
Apheori (GM): Bam bam.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay
rolling 3d6+4
(
2
+
2
+
4
)
+4
=
12
Ganelon: Whoa, whoa.
You don't do that yet.
Frezak (GM): what?
Bear Soup Guy: Bollocks!
Frezak (GM): He rolled, he hit, he rolled.
Ganelon: It's damage as an aftereffec.
Frezak (GM): What?
Bear Soup Guy: Oh dang
Good catch, so it is
Ganelon: The hit is "SE slowed and grants CA"
The aftereffect is 3d6.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes
Ganelon: Meaning when they succeed against the slow, they get burned.
Gaurav: WOAH
Bear Soup Guy: That's still pretty cool anyway
Gaurav: that is dark magic
Apheori (GM): Slugs?
Ganelon: It is pretty cool.
Only trouble is, what if you want the damage now?
Frezak (GM): Bah, they're barely scratched.
Bear Soup Guy: So, do they need to succeed against the slow to do anything, or specific things?
Gaurav: This is one of those Greibel-turns-around-and-lights-a-cigarette, the-skeletons-slowly-walk-up-to-him,-then-fall-apart-as-the-aftereffect-hits kind of thing, huh
Bear Soup Guy: XD
That is just exactly what this is
Ganelon: When they succeed against the slow, it explodes
Bear Soup Guy: Yes, but what are the limitations of the slow
Ganelon: Oh.
Speed is 2.
Bear Soup Guy: And they roll to succeed?
Ganelon: At the end of each turn, they roll to stop being slowed.
Bear Soup Guy: Ah, okay. Got it
Ganelon: Everyone also has combat advantage against them, so +2 to hit.
Bear Soup Guy: So now I'll move a bit
And if they're still alive after they get burned, combat advantage again
Ganelon: Yep.
Really fun for rogues.
Bear Soup Guy hugs the power
Gaurav: Can you put an icon on them to remind us that we have combat advantage?
Apheori (GM): Skeleton goes after Radek, then.
What does combat advantage actually mean here?
Ganelon: COME GET ME
It means weird faerie fires are distracting the skellies from... defending themselves properly.
Gaurav: +2 to attack rolls, I think
Ganelon: Against them, yes.
Gaurav: ha, yes, that's an important distinction
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 +5 vs fort
(
18
)
+5
=
23
Ganelon: My old man fortitude is not greater than 23.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2 damage, and pushes him back 1
(
5
)
+2
=
7
Other skeleton tries to do the same, then...
rolling 1d20 +5 vs fort
(
19
)
+5
=
24
Ganelon: Hold on.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: eeks
Ganelon: First one rolls a d20.
Apheori (GM): Oh, right.
Ganelon: If it's 10 or more, it saves from the slow thing.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d2
(
1
)
=
1
Ganelon: That was a 1d2.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20
(
1
)
=
1
Ganelon: Fair enough.
Gaurav: haha
Bear Soup Guy: Which is an impossible die, by the way
Ganelon: It's a coin.
Bear Soup Guy: I guess a d2 is a co- yeah
Frezak (GM): Except coin has THE EDGE
Ganelon: Anyway, the second one is also a hit.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2 damage, and pushes him back 1
(
2
)
+2
=
4
Frezak (GM): Dont worry, old man.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20
(
7
)
=
7
Frezak (GM): I got this.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Bear Soup Guy: That one tries to save too
Rhu: Dave! The cat!
Gaurav: Oh, right.
Ganelon: It did and failed.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh sorry, missed that
Apheori (GM): So Dave shoots the sphinx an annoyed look, but then tries blasting the skeletons again....
Does she get the combat advantage bonus too?
Ganelon: Yep.
Even enemies would.
Er.
Allies of the skeleton.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
14
)
+6
=
20
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Er, +2 for both, but that changes nothing.
Wait, what does 5 triangular symbol mean?
Blast.
Frezak (GM): What?
Ganelon: Meaning, it's a 5x5 but must be in a square adjacent to dave.
So like that.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Gaurav: Oof. That is perfect.
Ganelon: It also doesn't provoke opportunity attacks.
Apheori (GM): So if she'd moved first she could have hit the other one too.
Ganelon: Does it target allies?
Apheori (GM): Naw.
Ganelon: Then yeah.
This would have worked if she shifted.
But whatever.
She's new to this.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 10
(
8
)
+10
=
18
Ganelon: +10?
Wow.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d10 + 5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
And then she shifts over to the sphinx and picks it up.
Gaurav: YAY
Apheori (GM): But first an attack of opportunity.
Wait, nevermind.
She shifted.
Gravy.
Frezak (GM): Move: stand.
I trust Rhu can finish this guy.
Gaurav: Especially if Mr. Mousie stays with us, yes.
Frezak (GM): Zombie makes an oppie as I being to charge.
*begin to charge
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
11
)
+6
=
17
ac
Frezak (GM): Too slow!
And I take a few steps...
and LEAP OVER RADEK.
Except I just charge through his square.
Goring charge on this skellington.
rolling 1D20+9+1+2
(
10
)
+9+1+2
=
22
Frezak (GM): VS AC
Apheori (GM): Hit.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4 and prone.
(
6
)
+4
=
10
The Gravedigger: GRAAAAAAAVES
Turn ends.
Bear Soup Guy: I imagine that turn would have looked so action movie awesome
Frezak (GM): HAH
Apheori (GM): Other skeleton gets up and attacks Dave...
Frezak (GM): Also i am going to bed.
So does Gan want my sheet?
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
Gaurav: Eep. What time is it there?
Ganelon: Uh.
Sure, why not.
Frezak (GM): half three.
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Bear Soup Guy: Adios diggerman
Apheori (GM): Sweet nightmares.
Gaurav: Wow. Take care! Sleep well!
Apheori (GM): RADEK.
Ganelon: I use an infusion on myself first.
Frezak (GM): DOn't worry.
You have a shield of solid Gravy.
Ganelon: Which is a surge +2, so 9.
Then...
Scouring Weapon on this skeleton to the left.
'Tis my acid bullet.
[Weapon Attack - Rifle]
rolling 1d20+3+5+1+0
(
20
)
+3+5+1+0
=
29
Gaurav: wooooooooooooooooo
Ganelon: Ohohoho
I don't even have to roll damage, then.
Apheori (GM): Oh?
How do crits work?
Ganelon: 20 on attack rolls is a crit.
All damage dice are maximized.
Apheori (GM): Huh.
Ganelon: And if your weapon is magical, usually you get an extra damage dice or so.
Apheori (GM): Whatsit?
Ganelon: But mine isn't, and this power would normally be 2d10+5.
Now it's just 25.
Gaurav: wow
Ganelon: It's my snipery thing.
The skeleton also gets a -2 to his AC until the end of my next turn.
Just put, uh...
This on him.
And I could move, but will not.
Turn over!
Apheori (GM): The zombie grabs Rhu.
Bear Soup Guy: Hot dang
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You are now being embraced by a tower of rotting flesh.
Gaurav: Isn't there a roll for grabs?
Apheori (GM): It doesn't mention any.
Gaurav: Okay. Then I am grabbed.
Rhu: Ugh.
Apheori (GM): You try to escape during your own turn, right?
Oh, wait.
Ganelon: You do escape on your turn, as a move action.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 4 vs reflex
(
1
)
+4
=
5
Nevermind it fails.
I think.
Yes.
Gaurav: Yup.
Apheori (GM): You don't get grabbed.
The entire thing just collapses on you.
Ganelon: And it's a skill roll.
Gaurav: hahaha
Ganelon: Acrobatics or athletics.
Gaurav: you know, a grab doesn't sound so bad now ...
Apheori (GM): Rhu: To amend: A huge mass of rotting flesh embraces you and collapses around you in a smothering, stenchy mass.
Ganelon: Fun times.
Gaurav: Yay!
Apheori (GM): ...also the zombie is dead. But you still need to get out of it so you don't drown.
Rhu closes his mouth as tightly as he can
Gaurav: So that's a save on my own turn?
How did he die?
Apheori (GM): He pulled a muscle.
Gaurav: hahaha
goof
good*
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Yeah, that'd be a save on your turn.
The sphinx makes a hissing noise at the nearby skeleton and it falls apart.
Gaurav: HA
this battle is turning
Apheori (GM): This also heals the sphinx slightly.
Bear Soup Guy: Even our enemies are no match against our combined lunacy
Apheori (GM): The sphinx then grins at Gravy and Radek.
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
14
)
+5
=
19
rolling 1d20 + 5 vs will
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Gaurav: Poor Gravy.
Ganelon: Well, I'm not impressed.
Apheori (GM): So that hits Gravy? -2 to attack rolls... again.
Ganelon: It has to hit gravy.
A will of 20 at level 1 is... very nearly impossible.
Apheori (GM): Oh, okay.
I don't know these things.
Ganelon: Or level 2
Apheori (GM): The mouseforged runs and hides under a desk.
Or tries to.
Ganelon: He's probably a lot bigger than he remembers.
Apheori (GM): It actually mostly just winds up upending the desk.
Rhu: Aw. Poor little thing.
Gaurav: Does it make any noise with its mouth? I'm trying to imagine what a whimpering mouseforged sounds like
Apheori (GM): It then runs and does the same thing to the next one.
It makes hurking noises sometimes. Not right now, though.
RHU.
Gaurav: Move action: three spaces
Sphinx gets opportunity attack if it wants it.
Or Dave, for that matter.
No?
Standard action: radiant vengeance against the last skeleton standing
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 wisdom vs reflex
(
9
)
+5
=
14
Apheori (GM): Nope.
Rhu: hmpf
Gaurav: Minor action: I place an oath of enmity against the last skeleton standing
Rhu: Stupid bloody skeleton.
Gaurav: End of turn.
Wait, do I get a +2 against the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): Oh, aye.
So you do hit it.
Ganelon: You do!
Gaurav: Yay!
rolling 1d8+4 radiant damage
(
5
)
+4
=
9
I gain 4 temporary hit points
Bear Soup Guy: ONE MINUTE SORRY
Apheori (GM): And it's dead.
Gaurav: So.
Are we out of initiative? Or are the cat and/or the mouse going to make trouble?
Apheori (GM): You still need to corner the mouseforged, but there may be a better way to do it? I don't know. Gan?
Ganelon: Well, we don't need it to be during initiative.
And Frezak would probably like to be around for that
Apheori (GM): Well, it will attack if cornered.
Gaurav: I think that depends on how fast it's going. Each turn in initiative is like 15 seconds or so. If it's jumping left and right, we should probably stay in initiative and see what happens. If it is waiting to see what we do next, we should get out of initiative and then just do skill checks or something.
Aw yeah Gravy will definitely want to talk to Mr. Mousie
Ganelon: I think it's 6 seconds per turn. Or maybe even round.
Gaurav: oh gosh. that's faster than I thought.
...
Ganelon: But yeah, unless it's jumping around like crazy right now?
Gaurav: it's only just sinking in that we brought a mouse back from the dead today
Ganelon: We'll probably talk about cornering it and then do that.
And it can be a new initiative thing if necessary.
Apheori (GM): Right now it's cowering under a desk.
Ganelon: Then we could probably end and come back to that later.
If we have a moment to rest, new initiative stuff would require new initiative rolls.
Gaurav: That makes sense to me. We'd probably all stand about quietly staring at Mr. Mousie and see what it does next.
Apheori (GM): Well, for now it's Greibel's turn. There's a bunch of stuff nearby so it's not going to stay where it is.
Gaurav: Wait, I still have a minor.
Ganelon: Turn into a mouse!
Gaurav: Although Greibel is probably better at Nature checks than I am (+7?)
Apheori (GM): A swarm of mice!
Ganelon: He should be better at it.
Gaurav: Cool. End of my turn, then.
Apheori (GM): He could totally talk to it, actually.
Yeah, let's end it. Greibel can do whatever.
Ganelon: This is exciting stuff.
Gaurav: Ha.
Ganelon: I put a mouse's soul into a robot body.
Gaurav: There's a good chance Rhu is going to start next turn by kicking all the bad guys we just killed.
That encounter was somehow both too close for comfort and a glorious victory for us.
Apheori (GM): Too close for comfort? Nobody even got bloodied.
Gaurav: The cat and the mouse.
Apheori (GM): When did either of them even attack any of you?
Gaurav: I know, but if they had, it would have been close I think.
Ganelon: If you knew the kind of encounters Frezak has run, you wouldn't be worried by this one.
Gaurav: both because they're both pretty strong and because they'd have distracted us, which means everybody else would have lived longer and dealt us more damage
Apheori (GM): Yeah, that was unfortunate.
The mouse really was supposed to attack.
Bear Soup Guy: Okay, I'm back
It looks like we won
Gaurav: To say nothing of the cat giving all of us -2 attack grins
Apheori (GM): The cat didn't discriminate!
Well, okay, the skeletons weren't alive, so it mostly ignored them, but...
Gaurav: heh
Ganelon: They don't really know fear.
It's probably a good thing, though. My ability to heal isn't that great.
At least compared to other leader classes.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh so is the mouse on our side now?
Gaurav: Apheori: are you planning Frezak-type close encounters in the future?
Apheori (GM): THIS was supposed to be one!
I just screwed it up with the mousiness.
Apheori (GM) grumps.
Gaurav: I can build up temporary hit points, but I almost died in our first test encounter, so I've always assumed Rhu is pretty weak.
Ganelon: Oh, that's nothing.
I was a turn away from bleeding to death in the first test encounter I ran with Korik, the raven guy.
And now whenever someone says "bandits", I take cover.
Apheori (GM): Bandits are scary.
Gaurav: heh
that seems sensible
Ganelon: If you intend to put us up against a Solo monster at some point, I have a bit of advice for you.
I'll save it for when you need it, though.
Apheori (GM): But how will you know ahead of time?
Gaurav: I'm imagined a sealed envelope
with a wax seal
"Open in case of solo monster"
Ganelon: I can tell you like five seconds after we go up against a solo.
I don't need to know how it fights or that it's coming up.
It's advice concerning how to play them.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Tell me.
Now.
Gaurav: okay, they're showing the "Blues Brothers" on campus for free in 45 minutes and seeing as I've wasted seven hours with you lot I should go feed and work and I dunno try not to lose my job or something :-P
thanks for a very exciting session!
Apheori (GM): Bye.
Ganelon: See ya
Gaurav: see ya Tuesday!