Holes/Session 12/raw

From Zaori
Apheori (GM): Hmm.
Frezak (GM): LET'S DO THIS, BITCHES
BURY SOME SHIT
Gaurav: Dig some holes.
This place not called Anvilium needs more holes.
Apheori (GM): Okay, guys. The three of you are standing before a door.
Ganelon: Aw yeah.
Frezak (GM): Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole.
Apheori (GM): What do you do?
Ganelon: Open it.
Gaurav: If I recall, I failed spectacularly to open the last one.
Apheori (GM): Radek opens the door.
Frezak (GM): THE DOOR IS A MOUTH
YOU ARE DEVOURED
Apheori (GM): Nope, it's a door.
Frezak (GM): Damn.
Gaurav: The door has another slightly smaller door inside it.
Apheori (GM): Slightly dented. It doesn't open all the way.
Frezak (GM): I didn't touch this one.
Don't blame me;
When I slam a door it stays slammed.
Apheori (GM): It just looks black behind it.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if I can smell or see anything in the dark. Especially if I can ascertain whether this is a cool inviting dark or a horrid murky dark.
(
9
)
+12
=
21
Frezak (GM): We have science-lights, yes?
Bear Soup Guy: oh god shit
Apheori (GM): I assume so.
Bear Soup Guy: you people talk fast
Apheori (GM): Rob: Fortunately you don't need to worry about this because you're in some tunnel somewhere.
Frezak (GM): Someone who can have a hand free should point some light down there.
Apheori (GM): Following a sphinx.
Bear Soup Guy: Yes, excellent
Gaurav: Don't turn your back on it, Rob!
Frezak (GM): YOU ARE TOTALLY SAFE
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The air smells stale and dry, but colder than the air of the well.
Frezak (GM): DONT LET IT SEE YOU'RE AFRAID
liiiiight
Bear Soup Guy: :S
Apheori (GM): And Gravy smells something kind of chemical.
Frezak (GM): CHEMICAL?
Must be Greibel.
Sitting in the dark huffing paint thinner.
Chanting to his heather shit-gods.
Gaurav: In fact, don't be afraid. The first thing it'll do if it detects the slightest hint that you're in the least concerned is tear you limb from limb with its arms while roaring in rage.
Frezak: hahaha
Apheori (GM): You cast some light into the opening. The door looks like it just got a bit jammed on the frame and you could probably pry it open; behind it lies a well-excavated tunnel, lined evenly with carved wood.
Bear Soup Guy: "heather shit-gods" XD
Rhu: ... you know, there might be an easier way in to the address on the stone than creeping in through an underground tunnel.
Rhu shrugs
Frezak (GM): Carved wood? Decoratively?
The Gravedigger: But where would the fun be?
Apheori (GM): Somewhat. Patterned a bit.
The Gravedigger: Hey, this is fancy wood.
Radek: At home, sitting on my workbench.
The Gravedigger: You don't know what fun is, Radek.
A heart as cold as steeel
Or Aluminium.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You follow the sphinx into a large room. It looks like a lab of some sort, with some tables and stuff, and some large tank-like objects in the center.
Frezak (GM): We going onwards?
I'm sure it's a lair of woodworking gnomes made of money.
Ganelon: Onwards sounds good to me.
Rhu shrugs helplessly, clearly hesitant about crawling underground, but hey, we've come this far ...
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS
TO ADVENTURE
Rhu: I fear holes.
Greibel looks to the sphinx "Don't suppose you ever took a chemistry class"
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There are four tanks total - big enough to hold a large man, and three of them are indeed occupied. The sphinx curls up next to the nearest, which contains a woman - who looks suspiciously like Amadi, but not.
The sphinx hisses.
Bear Soup Guy: OH dear
Greibel just sort of stares around at the stuff in disbelief
The Gravedigger: Hey, you just popped out the last one.
Apheori (GM): The rest of you: Someone pries the door open and you head down the tunnel, bringing your lights with you. It's dark. Horribly dark.
Rhu: Ugh.
Apheori (GM): The patterns on the walls don't seem to makesense, curling in and about as though alive.
The Gravedigger: You know.
Maybe we should look for the back-door/emergency exit.
And skip the eldritch horror.
Rhu tries to keep as far from the walls as possible.
Apheori (GM): Do you continue?
Gaurav: We might as well. This should be interesting if horrifying.
Frezak (GM): Yeah.
We're brave!
Sort of!
Ish!
Apheori (GM): Heh.
Rhu mutters something darkly under his breath.
Ganelon: I'm stubborn
That's almost as good.
Bear Soup Guy: Brave or slightly dense :P
Apheori (GM): You come to a circular room at the end, empty aside from a slightly raised dais at the centre.
Frezak (GM): WHAT?
Rhu: BSG: haha, exactly.
Frezak (GM): I AM SUPER DENSE.
I CAN USE MY SKULL TO BREAK DOORS.
Hmmmmm.
PERCEPTION THE ROOM.
I SEEK TRAPS.
And activate my Gravy-vision.
Rhu: I warily approach the dais and try to work out if it has a religious purpose.
rolling 1d20+8 religion check
(
13
)
+8
=
21
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+20
(
11
)
+20
=
31
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You may or may not notice that on a couple of the desks are notes. You may also notice that the other two occupied tanks appear to contain a weird golem and a very fat elf.
Rhu: It's entirely unmarked. You have no idea.
Gravy: You notice some patterns around the base, as though intended to channel something. It might have some sort of functional purpose.
There are no traps.
Frezak (GM): I'll direct Radek at those.
Apheori (GM): Unless the entire room is a trap.
The Gravedigger: Radek! Channel... like... things.
Patterns!
PLease apply your vast intellect to them.
Greibel: (to the sphinx) Well...any thoughts?
Frezak (GM): None of my knowledge skills are of any use >.>
The sphinx looks at Greibel warily, then backs up slightly. "Thoughts?"
Gaurav: Are there any other exits from this circular room? Or is it a dead end?
Apheori (GM): Dead end.
Unless up is a way out, but it just fades into darkness above.
Greibel: Insights? Inquiries? Ham sandwiches?
The sphinx: This...
Rhu pokes and prods the walls for any secret entrances, ventilation shafts, or such like ways out.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 dungeoneering?
(
10
)
+5
=
15
The sphinx spins around and runs to the three in turn. "These. They're not real. Not here!"
Frezak (GM): Well, /I/ didn't see anything with twice that >.>
The sphinx: Do you see?
Ganelon: You want a Detect Magic?
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It's dark.
Frezak (GM): Or if the patterns mean anything to you.
Rhu: Those channels look like they might conduct something. You're .. mechanical. Ly inclined. Mechanically inclined. Maybe you can work out whta they do.
Ganelon: Okay!
rolling 1d20+11
(
4
)
+11
=
15
They are NOT circuit diagrams. Maybe.
Apheori (GM): They go around the entire dais. It may be some function of the dais itself, though you don't know what.
Frezak (GM): POUR DUST ON IT
DO SOMETHING MAGIC
We still ahve the note that led us here, right?
Was there anything else on it?
Rhu pokes various parts of the dais and the patterns, just in case.
Apheori (GM): Some bad poetry.
Radek: I can't make much sense of these.
Rhu puts the stone which came with the instructions to guide us here on top of the dais
Frezak (GM): Recount the poetry!
Oh, that.
THAT MIGHT NOT BE STUPID
Rhu shrugs in the dark
Apheori (GM): The shoulders in the sand on the repeats of the world...
There's a blisters of something memory...
Look at the characters whip thy bum...
Kumquats devouring mundial smiley-faces.
Rhu: Hey, that's the same poetry that was on the note that was given to me. The one which didn't have this address.
The Gravedigger: Huh.
Apheori (GM): That was the one with the address.
Wasn't it?
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Rhu: Oh yes, no, you're right. The one with the address.
Gaurav: <<“The larger note/letter thing appears to be a set of instructions, saying to be careful, don't stand out, don't get noticed, go to a place, and some bad poetry.“>>
... this must be the place.
Rhu recites the poetry from the note.
Apheori (GM): Radek, Gravy: It may or may not occur to you that this may not actually be the place because you got slightly lost.
Bear Soup Guy: by the way, Greibel has decided to go up to a desk and just start reading whatever notes he can find, but feel free to take your time on what I'm reading
Frezak (GM): We did?
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You go through some of the notes. They seem to be accounts of research, a lot of numbers, a request for funding. You don't really know what the point of any of it is, though, or who actually wrote any of it. The handwriting does strike you as rather good for some reason, however.
Greibel: Also the sphinx jumps up onto the desk and sits on them after a bit,.
Gaurav: A request for funding! ACADEMICS!
Apheori (GM): Frezak: You got to the area, and then had to take a guess or something. It might be right.
Bear Soup Guy: There's absolutely no way anyone would turn down a funding request for mad scientists experimenting on people in a laboratory!
Underground
Apheori (GM): IT also might have just been a random escape well for something else entirely.
Gaurav: An escape ... well?
With a dead end?
Radek: Is this really the right place?
Rhu: It is a dead end.
The Gravedigger: Well, there's SOMETHING here.
You don't put down squiggles for no reason.
Rhu: Well, Hazz'ridan the Magnificent. But apart from him.
Rhu sits down and sighs.
Rhu: At least it wasn't another hole, I guess.
Apheori (GM): Where do you sit down?
This may or may not be important.
Gaurav: Is the dais at sittable height? Otherwise, just on the floor by the wall. Somewhere dry.
I imagined it, like, 4ft high or so.
Apheori (GM): Naw, it's like a couple decimetres.
Gaurav: That's, like, 10-20 cms? That's more of a raised floor, isn't it?
Apheori (GM): It's like a step.
Gaurav: I'm saying "like" a lot. I apologize.
Huh. Is it in the center of the room or against a wall?
Apheori (GM): Center.
Gaurav: Is it circular like the room?
Ah okay.
Apheori (GM): Yes.
With squiggles around it.
Gaurav: Then Rhu sits behind it, on the floor, leaning against the wall.
Actually, he kind of squats.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Frezak (GM): HERIOCALLY
Gaurav: Despondently.
The sphinx licks itself in front of Greibel.
Gaurav: Where's Rasputin?
Apheori (GM): On Greibel, I think.
Rhu: Maybe that thing is a trapdoor or something? Maybe it can be opened somehow?
Bear Soup Guy: My god I just drank some HORRIBLY spoiled milk
Or tried to drink it...
Rhu walks up to the dais again and taps on it to see if he can hear an acho.
Frezak (GM): DONT
IT IS A BAD IDEA
Rhu stops
Bear Soup Guy: OH OKAY
Gaurav: oh you weren't talking to me, sorry
Rhu continues
Frezak (GM): Nah, squatting always helps.
Gravy will go squat next to Rhu in case it helps.
Apheori (GM): Rhu taps the dais. It seems to be stone. There's no echo.
Rhu: Gravy: can you try to move this stone? Maybe it's a heavy stone resting over an opening or something.
Apheori (GM): Radek: ARCANA
Radek:
rolling 1d20+11
(
17
)
+11
=
28
Ganelon: 'Bout time.
Gaurav: woof. nice roll.
Frezak (GM): Can I?
Apheori (GM): There's a resonance about the entire room, but it's concentrated about the dais. It definitely has a magical purpose.
Frezak (GM): MAGIC
Apheori (GM): Something about... phases.
Frezak (GM): Ohhhhhh
Radek: This room is a magical focus. It was built for a purpose.
I can't say what.
Apheori (GM): Radek is way more eloquent than I am.
Rhu: Hmm. How do you activate the magic?
I've tried reading poetry to it and that didn't help. Maybe it needs a magic-user?
Ganelon: I guess I could try just doing magic at the thing.
Apheori (GM): Put Gravy on it.
Frezak (GM): 'put' ?
Apheori (GM): I kid.
Greibel: Do you do anything about the sphinx that just sat on what you were reading?
Rhu tries running around the room, first clockwise, then counterclockwise.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: It feels kind of claustrophobic.
Radek: You realise it's probably a transporter of some sort.
Rhu: Ugh. I don't like little rooms like this.
Ganelon: Can I attempt to activate it?
Bear Soup Guy: I go to another desk and find other notes
Apheori (GM): Totally.
Ganelon: What'll that be, another Arcana?
Apheori (GM): Sure.
Greibel: These notes concern the nature of magic, and a lot of numbers and comparisons. The summaries seem to indicate considerable excitement, something about it being completely new.
Greibel: Then the sphinx follows you over and sits on these notes.
And then stares at you.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
6
)
+11
=
17
Gaurav: Considerable excitement ... something completely new ... yup, definitely academics trying to drum up a little more money.
Bear Soup Guy: EVIL academics!
Greibel pets the sphinx absent-mindedly, in the midst of a bout of confused thought
Apheori (GM): Radek: There's a flash of light over the dais. Nothing else really happens.
Rhu: Woah! That's new.
Do it again! Do it again!
The Gravedigger: Fancy.
Technically, I could crack all this stone if you want.
Frezak (GM): I can break the ground in a... 15X15 feet area.
Radek: I don't think this was meant to be powered by a person.
Rhu: What do you mean?
The Gravedigger: Moonlight?
Radek: The room collects energy, like... a solar panel, I suppose.
Rhu: ... from ... where? I don't see any light in here at all.
Radek: It's an example, Rhu.
Rhu: Oh.
Frezak (GM): Anyone have any idea how we'd see where the 'roof' ends?
Radek: Solar panels don't work at night. This place operates on phases.
Apheori (GM): Suddenly there's another flash of light, bigger, bouncing down through the shaft and gathering over the dais.
Frezak (GM): BACKPEDAL
Apheori (GM): Then it fades, as quickly as it came, revealing a small mouse.
On the dais.
Frezak (GM): really now.
Apheori (GM): The mouse squeaks and tries to run away.
Frezak (GM): Um.
Rhu: Let's see if he can find a way out.
Frezak (GM): What would you ask of us to try and grab a mouse?
Rhu steps over to the corridor we came in through to block its escape that way.
Apheori (GM): Dexterity-based, probably.
Frezak (GM): Curses!
Can I tell if it looked like a normal mouse?
Apheori (GM): Perception.
Gaurav: My DEX is +3, if that helps.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+10
(
13
)
+10
=
23
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Try to grab it, then,since it'll be going past your legs.
Rhu: AH!
Gaurav: Can I do an acrobatics check? That's dexterity based, and I'm trained in it.
Apheori (GM): Gravy: Normal mouse, rather dusty, and hungry-looking. Not starved, but not far from it either.
Gaurav: Or a nature check to do natury things to it.
Natural things.
The Gravedigger: Hey, mousie, mousie.
Frezak (GM): Can I use Nature to make soothing mouse-sounds?
Apheori (GM): Dexterity to grab.
Sure?
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+9
(
20
)
+9
=
29
YEAH
HERE, MOUSE.
TELL ME YOUR TALE.
Gaurav: oooooh
Bear Soup Guy imagines the sight of an enormous horned behemoth making squeaky noises
Apheori (GM): The mouse stops and looks really confused and frightened. And hungry.
Frezak (GM): Since we don't have Greibel I have to get my own vermin.
I will... produce some sandwich.
The Gravedigger: Here, poor little mousie.
have some lunch.
*skeek skeek skeek*
Apheori (GM): The mouse comes eagerly to the sandwich and nibbles enthusiastically.
Frezak (GM): I will very carefully pick it up and stroke it.
The Gravedigger: So, Radek. Try for a duck this time.
Radek: I didn't do that.
The Gravedigger: Or, ooh! A moose!
Oh.
The Gravedigger strokes Mr Mousie.
Gaurav: Aww.
Bear Soup Guy: brb bathroom
The Gravedigger: So where did he come from?
Frezak (GM): I have to use half of one finger to do this :P
Rhu: Up there, I think. *points*
Frezak (GM): Because little mouse and giant Gravy hands.
Gaurav: Hehe. Using the tiniest fingernail on your pinky finger which is half the size of the entire mouse. Or some such.
Apheori (GM): The mouse squeaks.
Radek: I can't say.
The Gravedigger: What is it, Mr Mousie?
Frezak (GM): I can add Rodent to my Languages, right?
Apheori (GM): Er...
>.>
No.
Sorry.
Frezak (GM): Awww.
In that case...
I'll hold him up to my ear and pretend to listen intently to him.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check to see if I noticed anything while Mr. Mousie bounced down from the heavens in his bubble of light.
(
2
)
+12
=
14
Frezak (GM): He's clearly a level 4 Mouse Sorcerer.
Gaurav: Frezak: does he have little wizard robes? Because that would be PRECIOUS.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Not really.
Frezak (GM): And a hat.
Must learn needlework.
YES
Apheori (GM): Radek: The dais seems to be the focus and centre. If you can activate that properly, the energy should then be reflected back to it and it should operate in reverse to go wherever the mouse came from... but you're not entirely sure how to do that.
Ganelon: So it *is* two-way?
Bear Soup Guy: We are truly a formidable party
Absorbed with a mouse and a cat
Apheori (GM): Seems to be.
Probably.
Rhu compares the patterns on the dais to the ones in the corridor.
Apheori (GM): Test it on the mouse.
Gaurav: I was missing Rasputin. I hope Mr. Mousie is a good substitute until we get Griebel back.
We can't experiment on a mouse! Aren't there any zombies around we could use instead?
Frezak (GM): Gan has a robot >.>
Well, RAdek.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: The patterns are oddly similar, though it may be a coincidence. The ones on the walls are clearly decorative, whereas these serve a purpose.
Rhu: Do you think there might be other ... energy rooms around this building somewhere?
Radek: Put the mouse back on the dais there and I can try to send it back.
Radek shrugs.
Gaurav: Can the robot (Frank?) investigate the ceiling that we can't see here?
Radek: I could also try to send you over, but there might be a mass limit, and I accept no responsibility for what happens to the rest.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The sphinx falls asleep on the notes. Do you want to do anything, maybe examine the tanks, see what the stuff on the floor is, make something else up, I dunno?
Bear Soup Guy: what's on the floor?
The Gravedigger: You'd send away MR MOUSIE?
At least let him finish lunch!
Rhu: Interesting question about the mass limit. I wonder if this dais is big enough for an elf.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: There's a box of... artifacts? Some of them seem to have fallen out, including a book and a set of screwdrivers.
Rhu stands on the dais to check.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: insight.
The dais is about 1.5m across, for reference.
Bear Soup Guy: INSIGHT
Rhu steps off
Rhu: It's plenty big for an elf.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10
(
5
)
+10
=
15
Apheori (GM): Rhu: How long were you on it?
Radek: Shall I begin, then?
Apheori (GM): Wait.
This is important.
Ganelon: Of course.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You think the box may contain things that belonged to the people in the tanks.
Or maybe not.
Some of it is kind of shiny, though.
There's some nice implements.
Gaurav: Rhu got on, waved his arms around to see if a large elf could fit entirely within the dais, maybe stepped around once or twice to get a sense of how big it really is ...
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Gaurav: did something happen? He doens't have a good reason to get off, apart from not standing on daises.
Apheori (GM): He never got the chance to step off, then.
Gaurav: Hehe, awesome.
Greibel feels weary about the prospect of taking the tank-people's things
Apheori (GM): Gravy, Radek: There's another bouncing thing of light, then Rhu is encased in it... before it all vanishes, Rhu included.
Rhu: It's plenty big for a--
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Also, are they still alive?
Rhu vanishes
Frezak (GM): Wheh. Break for Mr. Mousie.
Bear Soup Guy: Nature to check their vitals?
Radek: ...That also wasn't me.
But at least none of his parts were left behind!
Apheori (GM): Nature or perception, whichever's higher. Since you can't actually reach them.
The Gravedigger: That we can tell.
Crud.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+12
(
6
)
+12
=
18
The Gravedigger: I hope I fit in there.
WOuldn't not be great to leave my shoulders behind or something.
Gaurav: BSG: or you could shout really loud
Apheori (GM): And bang on it?
Gaurav: "This transporter has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated. Partially transported giants may be broken. You may keep both parts."
Frezak (GM): Gravy is only 7 feet >.>
Radek: I'm sure I could make you replacements.
Gaurav: How broad are his shoulders?
Radek: Now, go on. This is exciting.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: They're all suspended in some some sort of thick liquid, and connected to some... thingies. It glows a bit.
The golem thing appears to have never been alive, but that also means it probably isn't dead.
The fat elf appears to be dead and bloated a bit on top of that.
The Amadi look-alike... you can't tell. Or is it Amadi, just bleached by whatever she's in?
The Gravedigger: Um.
Bear Soup Guy: Oh I probably would have noticed that
The Gravedigger: I.... uh.
Radek: Come on, now!
Greibel taps lightly against the Amadi-person glass
The Gravedigger: You drive a hard bargain, sir.
Greibel: Hey. Hey. Wake up!
Frezak (GM): ONTO THE THING.
Apheori (GM): The sphinx must have just distracted you for a bit or something, then.
Frezak (GM): Making sure Mr Mousie is safe.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: Also nothing happens when you tap it.
Some bubbles rise.
Bear Soup Guy: I was hoping for horror movie sting music as she abruptly opens her eyes and starts gasping :P
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You stand on the thing. Nothing happens.
Gaurav: BSG: creepy!
Apheori (GM): Shush.
Gaurav is shushed.
The Gravedigger: Here, Radek. Hold Mr Mousie. It might only do one being at a time.
ANd be careful with him!
Greibel: Hrmmm
Ganelon: Sure, I'll hold the mouse.
And stroke him like a supervillain.
Frezak (GM): HAH
Bear Soup Guy: Does Greibel feel like he's in the right wrong room that he felt about before?
Ganelon: "No, Mr. Gravedigger, I expect you to DIE!"
Apheori (GM): BSG: Somewhat, but not nearly so much.
Gravy vanishes in a similar flash of light.
Ganelon: Now as much as I'd love to just exclaim "I'M FREE!" and run away into the sunset, I'm going to get onto the dais next.
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Greibel: You don't think she's breathing.
Snrl.
k
Bear Soup Guy: I guess breathing would be difficult submerged in goo
Apheori (GM): Aye, but you never know if it's relevant.
Gaurav: Gan: you should send Mr. Mousie first, if it a one-person-at-a-time thing.
Bear Soup Guy: Are there any visible exhaust tubes or ports or ventilation or anything like that coming from the tanks?
Apheori (GM): There is some tubing into the ceiling.
Ganelon: Hrm...
Apheori (GM): And consoles on the sides of them.
Magic ones.
Ganelon: Well, I guess I don't REALLY want to become some hideous man/mouse hybrid.
Frezak (GM): Yet.
Ganelon: Fine, the mouse goes first.
Bear Soup Guy: huhm
Apheori (GM): The mouse sits there for a bit.
Ganelon: I prefer rat people.
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel sucks at magic and science, but perhaps insight for the readouts if they're legible?
if they have screens anyway
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Mostly switches and some... graph-like things.
But hey, worth a try.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10 insight to read the things
(
17
)
+10
=
27
Ganelon: I'll try to activate the teleporter of my own accord again.
If that's okay.
Apheori (GM): Go for it.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
12
)
+11
=
23
Apheori (GM): There's a much smaller flash of light and the mouse disapears.
It occurs to you that maybe the problem is it just needs to cool down.
Gravy being... kind of big.
Greibel: The switches seem to be on. The buttons are pretty colours. You don't know what the graphs are.
Ganelon: Alright, I'll take my turn.
Frezak (GM): He's big because he's full of love.
Also HP.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll go to the console on the elf's tank since he's already dead and start pressing buttons and throwing levers, hoping that one of them drains the tank
Apheori (GM): After a bit, Radek is teleported to the others.
Perception?
Ganelon: For who?
Apheori (GM): From the lot of ye. You're all in another room now.
Except Greibel.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check
(
20
)
+12
=
32
Bear Soup Guy: SUPER SENSE
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+8
(
17
)
+8
=
25
Gaurav: I have all the perceptions
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Radek lost his chrome.
Ganelon: NNOOOOO
Apheori (GM): Radek: This room has all the actual controls for the teleporter. There's a door and a skeleton.
Gaurav: I'm really hoping Radek really has a Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes meltdown over the lack of chrome.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: You think the skeleton may attack you.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D20+10
(
6
)
+10
=
16
Rhu: Watch out!
Apheori (GM): Gravy: You're still huge.
Frezak (GM): I'm clearly looking for Mr Mousie.
Apheori (GM): Also the mouse came through dead.
You find it.
Dead.
On the floor.
Frezak (GM): Fuck you.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: d20
Frezak (GM): I'm done with this game;
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20
(
19
)
=
19
Apheori (GM): Blame Radek.
Bear Soup Guy: WOO!
Apheori (GM): He's the one who rushed things.
Ganelon: Hey, don't make me look like the bad guy.
It's not like I did it on purpose.
Frezak (GM): I go pick up and shake the artificer.
The Gravedigger: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MR MOUSIE
Apheori (GM): It could also have been the teleporter itself - for all you know it
s not entirely stable.
Also what's with the skeleton in the corner?
Bear Soup Guy: "YOU'VE INJURED MR. STOOLS!"
The Gravedigger: JUST HOLD HIM, I SAID
Rhu: Hey, hey!
Frezak (GM): Then I will drop radek.
Radek: I brought him here! And... my chrome is gone!
Frezak (GM): And go pick up Mr. Mousie.
Radek: MY CHROME IS GONE!
Frezak (GM): He will have the greatest burial.
Rhu: Guys, I do not like the look of that skeleton.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: After flipping some switches and pressing some buttons, the charts stop, the tank opens, and the guy collapses on the ground ins a wash of fluid that all goes into a drain around the base.
Rhu: It means us ill. Or malice. Or something sinister.
Apheori (GM): The fat elf guy also smells really bad.
Greibel coughs vigorously while making note of which lever/button did that
The Gravedigger: Go hit it with some holy stuff and see if it moves.
Greibel:
rolling 1d20+12 Nature on the liquid good stuff
(
20
)
+12
=
32
Rhu: Hmm.
Bear Soup Guy: I AM THE LIQUID GOO STUFF
Apheori (GM): Greibel: It's not natural. At all.
Bear Soup Guy: :(
Rhu channels divinity to perform an abjure undead spell at the skeleton.
Apheori (GM): Means it's magic and science.
Seems it was used to suspend them.
Ganelon: It comes from Science and Outer Space.
Frezak (GM): FAR REALM GOO?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+5 wisdom vs will
(
7
)
+5
=
12
at the skeleton
Gaurav: It'll only be targeted if it is undead
And I'm within 5 squares
Bear Soup Guy: Suspend them as in suspended animation or as in suspended like not letting their feet touch the ground?
Apheori (GM): What are you doing to the skeleton?
Suspended animation!
Bear Soup Guy: WHEE!
Gaurav: It's an attack that works against undead creatures. I rolled a 12 vs will.
Apheori (GM): Oh.
It failed.
Frezak (GM): It's 4E Turn Undead for Avengers.
Apheori (GM): And now it's stirring.
Gaurav: It works even if it misses
But! It has to be undead.
Apheori (GM): It's undead.
Gaurav: YAY!
I HELPED
Apheori (GM): You're reasonably sure because now it's getting up.
Gaurav:
rolling 3d10+5 damage
(
10
+
6
+
9
)
+5
=
30
except
only half damage, because I missed
so 15
Frezak (GM): SERIOUSLY?
Encounter power?
Ganelon: ...Wow, they haaate undead.
Frezak (GM): That's MADNESS
Gaurav: Encounter! Yes!
Ganelon: Channel Divinity is always an encounter.
Gaurav: I'm a Striker. I'm terrible at hitting things, but when I do, they feel it.
Frezak (GM): Jesus.
Gaurav: Also: I pull the skeleton 1 square towards me.
Frezak (GM): That's a huge fuckin' number.
Apheori (GM): You now have a somewhat damaged skeleton staring at you confusedly with empty sockets.
Rhu: Er.
Hi?
Apheori (GM): The skeletons put its arms out and moves as though to embrace Rhu.
Frezak (GM): CHARRRRGE
Apheori (GM): You could roll initiative.
Or not. I have no idea.
Frezak (GM): If we're gonna fight, that would be a good idea.
Gaurav: Oops, that should have been 29, not 30. I added my half-level on by mistake. So: 14 damaage, not 15. Sorry.
How many squares away from Rhu is the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): Like... one or two.
It's not a big room and apparently you moved it toward you.
And it liiiikes you.
Gaurav: Eep. Yes, definitely time for initiative.
I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS SKELETON
rolling d20+3 initiative
(
4
)
+3
=
7
Apheori (GM): Crap, how do I make a skeleton?
Bear Soup Guy: Put a bunch of bones together =P
Gaurav: Draw a human bean but forget to put on skin or flesh.
Frezak (GM): use the token tab.
And look for Skeletons.
else I can drag a token onto here.
Gaurav: Damn, I should try out to the DM interface sometime. It sounds fancy.
WOAH
That is a cool skeleton
Bear Soup Guy: ACTION SKELETON
Gaurav: Dancin' Skeleton
Frezak (GM): 18
Gaurav: Where's the little initiative box thing we had last time?
Apheori (GM): Clock icon.
rolling 1d20 + 6
(
16
)
+6
=
22
Gaurav: We normal people don't get one of those
Frezak (GM): You peons.
Apheori (GM): Oh?
Gaurav: Damn, that skeleton is fast off the draw.
Frezak (GM): Only DMs can turn it on and off.
Gaurav: I suppose we're not trusted with such power.
Apheori (GM): Ah.
Frezak (GM): Wow, that dancing really helped him keep quick.
Gaurav: He's very limber.
Ganelon: Hey, why is mine 2?
Frezak (GM): Don't look at me.
Apheori (GM): What'd you roll?
Ganelon: I didn't.
Gaurav: That's from last time.
Apheori (GM): Then roll.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+1
(
20
)
+1
=
21
Sweet.
Gaurav: You just rolled a natural twenty and that skeleton STILL beat you to it.
Frezak (GM): Luck can only take you so far.
After that you need cash.
Or at least better stats.
Bear Soup Guy: Good idea
Ganelon: Too true.
Bear Soup Guy: BRIBE the skeleton
Gaurav: We should try talking to it. Maybe it just wants a hug.
Apheori (GM): So the skeleton moves toward Rhu...
...and makes a HUG ATTACK.
Gaurav: OH NO
Ganelon: Fearsome.
Frezak (GM): I TOLD YOU TO NOT WEAR THAT SHIRT
Apheori (GM): Could someone remind me how to do that, please? >.<
Frezak (GM): Do you have any stats for this thing?
Apheori (GM): Sort of!
Gaurav: We should tame it. That's what this party needs. A dancing skeleton.
Apheori (GM): What does +8 vs AC mean?
Bear Soup Guy: I could not agree more with Gaurav
Frezak (GM): It means your roll 1D20+8
Ganelon: It means roll a 1d20+8 and then compare that number to Rhu's AC.
Frezak (GM): And it hits if you beat Rhu's AC.
NO
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d2 + 8
(
1
)
+8
=
9
Frezak (GM): NO MORE PETS
Ganelon: If it's equal to or greater than Rhu's AC, you proceed to roll damage.
That's a 1d2.
Frezak (GM): THAT WAY LIES ONLY PAI- ooooh
Apheori (GM): It misses Rhu and falls on the floor.
Frezak (GM): D20 >.>
Apheori (GM): Oh.
Ganelon: Roll a 1d20.
Apheori (GM): Damn 0 key.
rolling 1d20 + 8
(
19
)
+8
=
27
Frezak (GM): HUGS
Gaurav: hehe
WAAAAAY over Rhu's AC
dead hit
can you describe this attack
Apheori (GM): It hugs Rhu. Rhu is now grabbed.
Gaurav: ...
Rhu: HUH.
Ganelon: Use, uh...
Gaurav: How about the net icon for a grab?
Ganelon: This one.
The grabby hand.
Bottom left.
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d6 + 2
(
6
)
+2
=
8
It also does a whopping 8 damaage.
Gaurav: OUCH SKELETON YOUR BONY ARMS OUCH
Bear Soup Guy: XD
Apheori (GM): Pretty much.
Rhu: I'm down to 24 health. Bloodied at 16.
Frezak (GM): You're so fragile...
I have like, 42.
Apheori (GM): That's the end of its turn.
Gaurav: I am. I have no idea why I have all the pull-things-towards-me powers.
Frezak (GM): And about 140 HP worth of surges.
Gaurav: It still has a minor if it wants to shout at us or smoething.
Frezak (GM): Fortunately Radek is great here.
Apheori (GM): It just wanted to hug you.
Gaurav: Aw. That's adorable.
Rhu: THIS IS TERRIFYING GET ME OUT OF HERE
Ganelon: Yes, Radek is uniquely equipped to break up intimate moments.
The Gravedigger: It's trying to communicate!
Ganelon: I use Thundering Armor!
Gaurav: Okay, while you guys do other things I need to run out. I'll be back in five minutes -- no later!
... this thing isn't using me as a human shield, is it?
Apheori (GM): Also Greibel: Care to try out the other tanks? Or feed something to the porridge?
Ganelon: [Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
14
)
+5+1+0
=
20
Apheori (GM): The sphinx is still asleep.
Yup.
Ganelon: This is against the skelly's... fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Would hit regardless.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
Frezak (GM): blonnng
Ganelon: It is pushed 1 away from Rhu, and Rhu gets +1 AC until the end of my next turn.
Bear Soup Guy: I'm cool to wait for the battle to finish before making anymore explicit actions
Ganelon: Pushed out of grabbin' range.
Bear Soup Guy: Seems like it'd be a bit of a clusterfuck =)
Apheori (GM): This was to separate them?
Gaurav: am I no longer grabbed?
Ganelon: Yeah, and yeah.
Gaurav: Or do I go with it?
Ganelon: No, you stay where you are.
Apheori (GM): Then Rhu now has a skeleton arm.
Gaurav: Yay! Ungrabbed!
Ganelon: And put a shield thing on yourself.
Like this'n.
(Press a number key while your mouse is over an icon and it puts an icon with that number on it)
Gaurav: fancy! thanks!
Ganelon: That ends my turn.
Gaurav: is the dot over the skeleton for bloodied?
Ganelon: Probably yes.
Frezak (GM): Red dot of pain!
Gaurav: okay, I have an encounter power that lets anyone reroll one attack against this thing, so it _might_ make sense to delay until I can activate it
Frezak (GM): I don't do much damage.
Gaurav: but I think we can take this guy if it's bloodied in two turns
Apheori (GM): Right.
Frezak (GM): But, I can do this.
GORING CHARGE
rolling 1D20+10
(
11
)
+10
=
21
VS AC
Apheori (GM): Yup.
Ganelon: Well, we have him outnumbered three to one.
Frezak (GM):
rolling 1D6+4
(
2
)
+4
=
6
And he is proned.
And I Mark him.
Gaurav: .... how can a skeleton possibly be bloodied?
Frezak (GM): Marrowed.
Gaurav: Is that ... my blood?
Ganelon: It's just a blanket term for under half HP.
Gaurav: hahaha yes
Ganelon: Iron Golems can be bloodied.
Gaurav: marrow spewing everywhere
Ganelon: Ghosts can be bloodied.
You've gotta get creative with the how of it.
Frezak (GM): So he's proned, marked and my turn is otherwise over.
Gaurav: Cool.
Rhu will first mutter "You will pay for that hug, skeleton" as he utters an oath of enmity against the skeleton
Ganelon snickers quietly.
Frezak (GM): So what do you need to get your rerolls?
Gaurav: It's an immediate interrupt. If anybody attacks the skeleton, within 10 squares of me, you can roll a second attack roll and use either result. It's an encounter power though.
Apheori (GM): How do you do a save?
Ganelon: Just a d20.
Apheori (GM): Rhu's got a skeleton arm in his shirt. Save ends.
Ganelon: If it's 10 or higher, you save.
Apheori (GM): Unless he wants to explicitly fish it out. >.>
Frezak (GM): AT the end of his turn, he rolls 1D20 to see if he saves against.. arm.
Ganelon: There are bonuses and penalties, but most come from magic stuff or specific feats, of which he has none.
Gaurav: Should I do that at the start of my round or at the end?
Frezak (GM): End of turn.
Ganelon: End of your turn, always.
Gaurav: Oh, end, cool.
Okay, so that was my minor.
Frezak (GM): Gravy gets to make a save at the beginning.
Because he's full of life.
Gaurav: As my move, I'm going to run like a coward.
Frezak (GM): WHOO
I'm here to take the hits.
Gaurav: And as my major, Rhu is going to call down the Radiant Vengeance of Hazz'ridan upon this hapless skeleton.
Just to double-check: I add my half-level on attack rolls, but not damage rolls, right?
Frezak (GM): Yup.
Gaurav:
rolling 1d20+5 Wisdom vs Reflex
(
1
)
+5
=
6
ah
Frezak (GM): gorram!
Gaurav: no
Frezak (GM): You're clearly not upset enough to bring down vengeance.
Ganelon: Hazz isn't feeling it right now.
Gaurav: does something awful and embarrassing happen?
Ganelon: That's up to the DM!
Gaurav: Hazz'ridan feels for lonely skeletons
Bear Soup Guy: The hug disarmed him with charm
Apheori (GM): It just fails.
Roll your save.
Gaurav:
rolling d20 against skeletal arm
(
20
)
=
20
Frezak (GM): You have terrible priorities.
Gaurav: The skill with which I unhook the arm without nary a tear in my cloth armour is fabulous to behold
Apheori (GM): The arm falls out of your shirt without anything embarasing happening.
Gaurav: Or that :-P
okay, Rhu is done.
The Skeleton is now Rhu's Oath of Enmity target. I need to run off for a few minutes as indicated, but feel free to use his reroll ability ONCE as needed.
Apheori (GM): The skeleton tries to jump-hug Gravy with three limbs.
Frezak (GM): Ew.
Ganelon: I'm a terrible shot with a rifle, so it'll probably become relevant soon.
Even though my accuracy should be great.
Frezak (GM): The skeleton might want to stand before trying to hug me;
Apheori (GM):
rolling 1d20 + 8 vs reflex
(
15
)
+8
=
23
Frezak (GM): Gorram.
Apheori (GM): Oh, it stands.
Yeah.
Then it hugs.
Frezak (GM): That's a hit.
Apheori (GM): Like HUUUG.
Frezak (GM): My reflex isn't great >.>
Apheori (GM):
rolling 2d6 + 8
(
4
+
3
)
+8
=
15
And its leg falls off.
Frezak (GM): Huh.
27/42
Bear Soup Guy: This is why skeletons are lousy long-term combatants and great cannon fodder
Apheori (GM): Oh, and you're grabbed.
Though...
Frezak (GM): That's cool.
I'm fine with being grabbed.
Apheori (GM): I'm starting to see why this would be a single-use move. >.>
Except single seems like a bit much too.
How do you even hug missing limbs
?
Frezak (GM): Magic.
Apheori (GM): Anyway, Radek.
Frezak (GM): Ghost skeleton limbs.
Ganelon: First thing I'm gonna do is toss Gravy a syringe.
Surge +2 without spending a surge, sir.
Gaurav: Back. Btw: we should avoid killing this skeleton. It'd be nice to have something to send through teleports instead of Mr. Mousie or me.
Frezak (GM): mmmm.
12 HP!
Ganelon: You want to non-lethally attack a skeleton?
I don't think it can fall unconscious.
Frezak (GM): I could just break all the limbs off.
Gaurav: I think it's headed in that direction anyway :-P
Just carry the head around. That would be efficient.
Or, like, random bones.
Ganelon: Well, I'll blast him off you for now.
[Implement Attack]
rolling 1d20+5+1+0
(
9
)
+5+1+0
=
15
Fortitude.
Apheori (GM): Okay.
Its other leg falls off and winds up in Gravy's bag. But how much damage does it do?
Ganelon:
rolling 1d8+5
(
4
)
+5
=
9
That much.
Apheori (GM): Yeah, it's dead.
Frezak (GM): OF COURSE
IT'S A SKELETON
Ganelon: It's UNdead.
Gaurav: It's redead.
Apheori (GM): Dead undead.
Gaurav: Woohoo!
Frezak (GM): Skeletons are not known for holding a great amount of vitality.
Gaurav: And all it wanted was a hug.
Frezak (GM): I'll go seperate the head from the rest of the body.
Gaurav: Are we out of encounter?
Apheori (GM): Yeah.
Gaurav: Rhu spends a healing surge.
Frezak (GM): Wanna stab me, Gan?
Ganelon: Between you or Rhu?
Yeah, you'll make a better donor.
Gaurav: ... huh?
Apheori (GM): Stealing surges?
Ganelon: Okay, so my healing mechanic doesn't take up your healing surges when you use it.
Frezak (GM): Donating one.
13 left.
Gaurav: Oooh, fancy.
Ganelon: But it only recharges at the start of each day or when I steal a surge from someone.
So even though I'm healing Gravy, I could do it with your surges.
But he's got tons to spare.
And even if he starts to run out I can just start healing him with mine, or yours, or whoever else's.
Gaurav: Nice!
Frezak (GM): You couldn't handle my surges.
Ganelon: I could steal the life from a stray chicken and heal him with that, in theory.
Gaurav: ... or a mouse?
Ganelon: Yes.
Frezak (GM): Roll initiative.
Ganelon: But it wouldn't kill them unless they had no surges.
Frezak (GM): Rhu is getting a beating.
He's gonna taste shovel.
Apheori (GM): So Greibel...
Gaurav runs away
Apheori (GM): While they're beating each other up, what do you do?
Bear Soup Guy: right
okay so now I go over to the Amadi-lookalikes tank and flip the same lever that opened the other one
And just because of the eerieness of it all, I look to the sphinx for approval
Apheori (GM): The sphinx looks up to see what you're doing, and then runs over.
So you flip the switch and the glass or whatever it is rises and the fluid empties and the woman topples out.
You also realise she has wings, because they kind of splay out as well.
The sphinx starts licking her.
Bear Soup Guy: So I'm going to keep assuming nature is the right stat for checking people's life stuff since there's no medicine stat (other than heal which I'm also trained in)
Apheori (GM): Actually heal probably would be.
Especially if you can actually touch them.
Ganelon: Heal is more relevant unless you're just trying to tell what they are.
Bear Soup Guy: ah okay
Ganelon: Like "This is a huge pixie!" would be nature.
"This person is in a coma!" is Heal.
Bear Soup Guy: Cool
Bear Soup Guy mutters that they should call the stat "medicine" or something
Apheori (GM): Gravedigger, were you going to beat up Rhu?
No kidding.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+10 check on the person
(
20
)
+10
=
30
Apheori (GM): But that wouldn't fit fantasy land.
Oh hey@
Bear Soup Guy: DOCTOR GREIBEL AT YOUR SERVICE MA'AM
Frezak (GM): I'm going bet up Rhu in the Rave.
Gaurav: I should point out that I said that, not Rhu.
But if you want to beat him up, I could have him say that also.
He/me asked for it.
Frezak (GM): If Gravy had more damage, I'd make him kill Rhu to have vengeance on Rave :P
But he can't.
So I won't.
Gaurav: Hehe. I thought Rhu was a goner when the dais did the thing, so ... you might not have to wait long. He's VERY fragile.
Apheori (GM): Greibel: The woman is dead. But it seems to be a much milder condition for her than for the other guy - like she could probably get up at any point.
Technically dead, but not entirely.
Bear Soup Guy: "Nearly dead"
If only that creepy guy with the hair were here...
Apheori (GM): Not breathing or anything, but also not deteriorating.
No heartbeat and crap.
That.
Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: I guess I try to revive her?
Apheori (GM): Roll heal!
Bear Soup Guy: With...punching her in the chest and CPR
rolling 1d20+10 HEAL!
(
4
)
+10
=
14
Apheori (GM): It doesn't work.
Sorry.
Bear Soup Guy: bah
Shouldn't have done all those drugs in medical school
Apheori (GM): And now the sphinx is licking you.
Frezak (GM): I'm sure that's not to code.
Greibel turns to the sphinx
Frezak (GM): Sphinx dribble.
Greibel: You seem to know something about the mysterious behind-the-scenes action around here
Any advice for a would-be healer?
The sphinx cocks its head at Greibel.
The sphinx purrs, then says, "No stories."
Greibel: No! Look! She was alive before! She has plenty of stories!
She and that guy over there, they have a life-time of stories!
Gaurav: A purring sphinx sounds both adorable and terrifying.
Greibel: Work your arcane sphinx voodoo on them and give me some kind of clue as to what's going on in this crazy place! Why else are you here?!
Bear Soup Guy: Greibel is being dramatic now =P
The sphinx: Why?
Greibel: Yes, why?
The sphinx: No why.
Greibel: No why, oy (facepalm)
Apheori (GM): What do the rest of you do, then?
The sphinx: Soy sauce.
The sphinx hisses in the dead gal's face.
Greibel: ...Soy sauce. Right, right. Of /course/. Soy sauce!
Greibel starts pacing the room shouting incoherent sarcasms
Rhu examines the skeleton -- male? Female? Old? Young?
The sphinx goes back to licking the gal.
Frezak (GM): I'll seperate the head from the torso of the skellington and wait for Radek to tell me about the panel.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Heal.
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+12 perception check against skeleton
(
19
)
+12
=
31
Apheori (GM): Nope. Heal.
Gaurav: A heal check against the skeleton?
Apheori (GM): It's a medicine check!
Gaurav: Ah okay
change the +12 to +10 then
Apheori (GM): From perception you do gather that whatever killed it was sudden and actually quite recent - there will probably be others here as well.
Nope, roll another.
Gaurav: bah
Ganelon: There's a panel?
Rhu:
rolling 1d20+10 heal check against the skeleton
(
12
)
+10
=
22
Ganelon: I must have missed that. Tell me about it.
Apheori (GM): Rhu: Male, bad teeth, uncertain age.
Also you're not sure where the other leg went.
Frezak (GM): I thought the skellington was slumped over a console or something.
Gaurav: I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith.
Apheori (GM): Gan: The room contains a dais like in the other, a panel with some odd controls (buttons) and a chair, and a door out.
Bear Soup Guy: Really? What an odd thing to name a leg!
Apheori (GM): The guy was probably seated at the console when he died.
Ganelon: Ooh, so it's technological?
Apheori (GM): Arcana to find out.
Ganelon:
rolling 1d20+11
(
13
)
+11
=
24
Apheori (GM): It's definitely magical. Apparently someone made a control sort of interface so the non-magical could use it.
Minions or something.
Bear Soup Guy: bah, I forgot how to private message but hahahaha Mary Poppins
Gaurav: I'll need to split in another 20 mins or so.
Radek: This is surprisingly advanced, but the controls are simple.
It was made for a layman.
Rhu: Can you control where you go? Or does it just push you back and forth between the well-room and here?
Speaking of which, do we even know if we're on the same planet?
Rhu looks around for giant fish
Apheori (GM): Radek: It seems it can go several places - helpfully labelled 1, 2, and 4.
And another one 'out'.
Radek: Four destinations, including this one, and a fifth labeled "out".
The Gravedigger: No... cameras?
Rhu: I guess this must be #3 then?
Radek: No screens.
Gaurav: Is there any way out of this room? Doors, windows?
Apheori (GM): There's a door.
Also this room is lit, though the light is sitting on the floor underneath the wall socket. Glows blue.
Greibel: Roll acrobatics or something to not trip over the sphinx.
Bear Soup Guy: hoo boy
Apheori (GM): Because it just walked into your legs.
Bear Soup Guy:
rolling 1d20+0
(
17
)
+0
=
17
Apheori (GM): You trip over the sphinx, but manage to jump and land on your feet. The sphinx just stares at you.
Then it weaves around and sits in front of the tank with the golem.
Greibel mutters a foreign curse word under his breath
Gaurav: Which language?
Bear Soup Guy: Which is the most casually profane?
Apheori (GM): Whatever the kanai speak, probably.
Gaurav: In Singapore, people will sometimes cuss in an unrelated language for emphasis. All the best cusses are in Hokkien though.
Apheori (GM): Rhu, Radek, Gravy: What do you do?
Gaurav: No windows, right? So it's either the door or zap ourselves somewhere else.
Oh, which might be a convenient place to "send" Rhu if y'all are going t okeep on playing
Frezak (GM): Gravy doesn't know what to do.
he's just sort of.. waiting for an occasion to be useful to present itself.
Ganelon: Well, we could check the other places out, or go through the door.
Frezak (GM): Eh, start with dialogue.
We're only good at talking and killing.
Uh.
Rhu: I would like to figure out where we are, but ... it is kind of tempting to see where places #1, #2 and #4 are.
Frezak (GM): Wrong chat >.>
Bear Soup Guy: Yeah, none of us is good at talking =P
Rhu: Especially if we're pretty sure that we can always come back from one of these transporter things.
Gaurav: BSG: fact
Frezak (GM): Any cheap way to tell what's at the end of the teleport destinations?
Apheori (GM): Amadi is great.
Gaurav: Radek is pretty good
Apheori (GM): Send someone unimportant.
Ganelon: At talking, maybe, but not nicely
Gaurav: Or somebody who has to leave for class in 5-10 mins
Frezak (GM): Nicely!
Gaurav: Hypothetically
Frezak (GM): So you just die in 5 minutes anyways?
DONE DEAL
Ganelon: Well, we need info on where the thing leads.
Apheori (GM): Use your magic.
Ganelon: Okay.
rolling 1d20+11
(
19
)
+11
=
30
HMMM
Frezak (GM): fail!
Bear Soup Guy: lightning bolts shoot from Radek's hands
Apheori (GM): You examine the panel more carefully and follow the magic to discern what the things do.
Apparently buttons 1 and 2 are actually traps.
4 is the exit. You have no idea what out is.
Well, 4 is back the way you came.
Gaurav: Phew. Good save!
Frezak (GM): PRESS BUTTON 2
I BET IT'S A LIE
Radek: ...Ah, hold on. This is a trap.
The fourth location is where we arrived from.
Gaurav: Frezak: you're thinking of cake
Radek: The first and second would no doubt be excruciatingly painful to one of you.
Frezak (GM): No, pits of nutritious acid.
Radek: And I haven't a clue what "out" is.
Frezak (GM): ONWARDS TO MYSTERY
Rhu: There's no point going back to the cave. I think we should scout out where we are before we head ... out.
I like being in, having a building between me and the holes. I think that is a good thing to have.
The Gravedigger: With you there.
Radek: We can experiment later.
Rhu: So: out the door?
Radek: Yes.
Gaurav: Are you going to keep on playing? If so, now would be a good time to send Rhu to investigate "out" and he just doesn't come back until later.
Apheori (GM): But I didn't put Rhu in a tank.
Er... wait.
The dead fat guy could be Rhu!
Bear Soup Guy: Time travelling corpses!
Gaurav: Otherwise he can just tag along or something. His character sheet is still at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19429772/dnd-skype/Rhu.pdf
Frezak (GM): MADNESS
Gaurav: At least he'll be well-fed before being syrupted
Ganelon: Either one's fine by me.
Apheori (GM): Whatev.
Gaurav: Keep playing. See where you get to!
Frezak (GM): BRING BACK TALES FROM SYRUP LAND
Bear Soup Guy: This would be a decent stopping point. We'd all be thrust right into some action the next time.
Gaurav: Okay, in a stunning change for the better, I'm going to be only three minutes late to class instead of my usual five. Have fun times, whatever you guys decide, and let me know how it goes!!!!!!
Ganelon: Sure thing.
Gaurav: Thanks for a fun afternoon!
Bear Soup Guy: Bye Gaur!
Apheori (GM): So either Gravy and Radek head out and Rhu follows, or we stop now.
What will it be?
Ganelon: I could stand to stop.
Frezak (GM): What he said.
Unless BSG is hyped.
But then he can just keep doing sphinxy things.
Bear Soup Guy: I can wait a week to open the golem tank
Suspense!
Frezak (GM): SURPRISES
Apheori (GM): Excellent.
Ganelon: Actually yeah.
If he wants to do stuff on his end, he can totally go for it.
Bear Soup Guy: Nah some people are bugging me to do admin things on uncyc and I'm supposed to be recording a vocal track at some point today too
So it's a good stop time
Apheori (GM): Aiight.
Then I shall see you all next week and things will go better.
Yes.
Bear Soup Guy: I'll try to get more sleep next time!
Good game guys!